Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Spoiler Speculation: Anarchy In The USA

• Start Topic

Just dropping in to say that I saw the episode titles for the last half of this season, and it would seem that the last couple of them will be very Morgan-centric, if just going by their titles.  [4.15:  I Lose People...  &  4.16:  ...I Lose Myself - which are both callbacks to 4.1:  What's Your Story? when the former-reporter lady was grilling him for his biography].

On 8/5/2018 at 7:59 AM, tv echo said:

In Season 4B, the changes will continue as Fear the Walking Dead is adding a handful of actors, including 12 Monkeys' Aaron Stanford. This is what we in the business call "good casting." Stanford is a genre star, having also starred in Nikita and X-Men: The Last Stand, and in addition to being a great actor, he just looks like a guy who would be wandering the desert after a zombie apocalypse, right?

Aw hell!  I was kinda hoping to drop this whole franchise and forget it, but then I had to go & spoil myself and, in turn, keep myself intrigued about the possibilities.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36

From Fear The Spoiling Dead Fans facebook page, detailed spoilers for episode S4 E10 "Close Your Eyes"

1) How does the episode begin? The episode begins with Alicia coming up upon what appears to be an abandoned house. She goes inside and soon realizes the occupants are still there, but they're now walkers. The mother, father, and 2 teenage children. She puts all of them down and decides to hole up there during the storm.

2) Why is Charlie in the same house? She was looking for refuge from the storm and find the same house as Alicia.

3) Do we get to know more about Charlie? Yes. We get to know what happened to Charlie’s parents before the apocalypse.

4) What happens between Charlie and Alicia at the house? That would require a very, very long answer. But, in short, I think Alicia's brain tells her to kill Charlie for what she did to Nick and her mother, yet her heart is telling her that's not what her mother would have wanted. And, her mother's memory is all she has left. So, instead Alicia and Charlie work together to survive the storm.

5) Does Charlie explain something about why she killed Nick? Does she apologize? No to both questions.

6) Problems with the storm? Something big happens because of it? Later in the episode, both Charlie and Alicia become trapped in the flooded basement of the house, and it doesn't look like at the time that they're going to get out. They do get out, but before that, Charlie begs Alicia to shoot her because she doesn't want to end up like her parents. Even then, Alicia can't bear to kill her.

7) Will we see more characters besides Charlie and Alicia? No, with the exception of the replay of Nick and Madison's death scenes.

8) What happens at the end of the episode? After the storm breaks, Alicia and Charlie leave together and head back to check on the rest of the group. When they arrive, basically everything has been destroyed and no one is there except for a few stray walkers. Alicia thinks everyone's dead, but Charlie reminds Alicia that she's "good at finding things," and so, they both head out to try and locate the rest of the group.

Oh, great (not).  A whole episode of nobody but Charlie, whom I wish would look at the flowers, and Alicia, my least favorite of the cast.  Not excited.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, SnarkyTart said:

Oh, great (not).  A whole episode of nobody but Charlie, whom I wish would look at the flowers, and Alicia, my least favorite of the cast.  Not excited.

Ugh what the hell.  We got to have some fun last week and now we're going to have a whole episode of this?  Just no.

• Love 3

Everybody stock up on your favorite libations now.  I'm not automatically opposed to an episode focusing on one or two characters but they need to be characters I honestly care about or want to get more story on.  (See, the John Dorie and Laura/Naomi/June episode)  This?  We get it.  Apocalyptic kid's family died.  We saw Alicia's family die.  That's not worth an hour of TV time, even if they do throw in flying zombies.

• Love 5

Yeah, I'll be skipping this one. I don't hate Alicia, but one hour of story that has just her and Charlie? I don't see how the writers or the actors will be able to pull that off and make it worth my time. I'm hoping that this is the "let's just get this over with" part of the story line for 4B, and we get to have some quality time with the rest of the group from here on out.

• Love 1

Episode 12  ‘Weak’ peek,

Mmmm, I’m assuming he’s the guy in the promo pics, he looks mean but I think he’s a good guy, who obviously doesn’t survive long lol 

Edited by OoohMaggie
10 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Episode 12  ‘Weak’ peek,

Mmmm, I’m assuming he’s the guy in the promo pics, he looks mean but I think he’s a good guy, who obviously doesn’t survive long lol 

I will always love that music, classic!

10 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Episode 12  ‘Weak’ promos

515B737F-FEA8-4404-8583-116F6BB234A1.jpeg

(I removed all of the clips except for the one).

Oh brother. So, gauging by all these promo photos, is this going to be the third episode in a row with no John Dorie in it?

Because I didn't see him in any of these promo photos.

He's my new favorite character, and we've already had two back- to- back episodes with no John Dorie.

I hope FTWD doesn't mishandle the Dorie character the way they did with Daryl Dixon on the original show - despite being very popular, the original show pretty much stopped giving Daryl meaningful story arcs, little dialog, and sometimes, he's not in an episode at all.

I am hoping they don't do that with Dorie.

Not saying Dorie has to be in every single episode - I'm fine with him not appearing in one every so often - but it's been two in a row so far, and it looks like this upcoming Sunday's episode may be a third in a row. Hope I'm wrong about that.

Edit. I didn't look at the videos in this thread, just the screen caps.

Edited by DrNowsWeightScale
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

Edit. I didn't look at the videos in this thread, just the screen caps.

The clips won’t lighten your burden I’m afraid, no Dorie in either. You’re quite right about the show having to use him properly, they’ve got a star of the show there and can’t afford to screw it up.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

I will always love that music, classic!

Just as with the tune from Game Of Thrones, remember the excitement you felt when those first notes sounded, it was like , Yeah! Here we go, I’ve waited all week for this bring it on. Oh to feel like that once again, I know I will next year when Thrones is back, I so hope I get one or two this year, maybe Maggie’s last episode.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

The Runners talking about the need for humour, and also  about the new character,

they said the show needed some humour because the Alicia / Charlie episode was so dark, strange, I laughed more during that episode than I did during  ‘keep on trucking’ 

https://ew.com/tv/2018/08/26/fear-the-walking-dead-the-code-showrunners-411/

A few excerpts from that article:

One of the things we love about humor is how people often use it to cope with really difficult situations. There’s not something we can think of much more difficult than the zombie apocalypse, so these two characters, Sarah and Wendell, are people who almost are joking with each other and trying to keep things light because they have to. That’s kind of their survival mechanism.

That was pretty much what I was saying in one or two posts (maybe on another thread) about FWTD, and another poster agreed with me.

One of the things about both TWD and FTWD that can make the shows so laborious to watch is how all the characters are all grim, depressed, or dealing with PTSD or guilt, and usually, they all do this all at the same time.

I never did understand why either or both shows could not interject more humor.

People undergoing stress in real life or in tough occupations will use humor or gallows humor to cope, but we hardly ever see that in the Walking Dead shows.

I like the zombie genre, but when you're watching a group of human survivors week in and week out on such a TV show, the non-stop grimness of their demeanors - nobody ever laughs, grins, or tells a joke - can get depressing, boring, or dreary after awhile.

Very strange that just two or three weeks after I posted those comments on this forum about both shows needing more levity, one of the show writers or whoever that guy is said the same thing in that EW article.

On 28/08/2018 at 6:49 PM, OoohMaggie said:

Yup, thought so

Edited by OoohMaggie
8 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Oh man, do we ever need the Strand and Dorie show, that’s money in the bank!

Wait a minute...??????..OooohMaggie, am I wrong in the knowledge that Dorie was already killed??...I thought he was a Gonner Already??

15 hours ago, jingles13 said:

Wait a minute...??????..OooohMaggie, am I wrong in the knowledge that Dorie was already killed??...I thought he was a Gonner Already??

Dorie killed, What Made you think that? He’s alive and well in next weeks show, he’s the last character the show could possibly contemplate killing off, he’s the Daryl Dixon of Fear, untouchable, I hope Lol

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:47 PM, OoohMaggie said:

Dorie killed, What Made you think that? He’s alive and well in next weeks show, he’s the last character the show could possibly contemplate killing off, he’s the Daryl Dixon of Fear, untouchable, I hope Lol

That's Why I stopped watching...I Love Garrett..Great Actor......I thought I saw a scene where June was talking about how John died and this is all fill in history that we're watching now,..but that he wouldn't be here for the Future!!! LOL!!!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, jingles13 said:

That's Why I stopped watching...I Love Garrett..Great Actor......I thought I saw a scene where June was talking about how John died and this is all fill in history that we're watching now,..but that he wouldn't be here for the Future!!! LOL!!!

I think you’ve been having bad dreams!

• Love 1
On 9/5/2018 at 5:22 PM, OoohMaggie said:

Ep 13 Promo Pics

0F17259E-20BF-4392-8976-EB29E4550972.jpeg

00ABB2C2-31AA-4A18-90F8-9D39590E4FA4.jpeg

5AD5BAA9-B9ED-49E0-AFCE-6A65A3FAB11F.jpeg

081C1D0A-9E3F-4523-88A3-D413A6A5322F.jpeg

8D80B01B-ADED-4FF1-A7D6-AB5AFA502E7F.jpeg

310C4367-E515-439D-BAB6-9F9AFADA1E88.jpeg

Intro Clayton, a new story. An opportunity for her to make amend for past mistakes. 

11 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Whoops, intro Clayton's story here. And, her opportunity to make amends for past mistakes. 

• Love 1

For those saying the show has been a bit hit and miss and somewhat aimless, in the thirteen episodes so far this season, we’ve had nine different writers and nine different directors. 

The next show is directed by Lou Diamond Phillips, that’ll make it ten.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

For those saying the show has been a bit hit and miss and somewhat aimless, in the thirteen episodes so far this season, we’ve had nine different writers and nine different directors. 

The next show is directed by Lou Diamond Phillips, that’ll make it ten.

Interesting info, thank you for sharing.

LDP was on the Talking Dead at least once, I believe - I can't remember if it was Talking Dead for FTWD or the original TWD.

He was also on the Foodnetwork show 'Chopped' (celebrity edition) once a few years ago. Or one of their cooking shows.

• Love 1

LDP, La Bamba, Young Guns, Stand and Deliver, too many to name here. Those were some of his big hits. He pops up every now and then. It will be interesting to see if he can direct. I hope he directs that crazy witch into the mouth of a walker, lol. 

• Love 1

Did anyoneelse catch the spoilers on Talking Dead with Sinbad & Lou Diamond Phillips that Tanya Pinkins dropped? There were 2 and quite possibly a 3rd.. 

1) she says something along the lines of "it WAS fun (filming FtWD)" implyingthat her character does in fact die

2) (talking about the prosthetic for her wound) she says that she had to "pick out the buckshot and there was a lot of blood"

And the big possible #3:

When Chris Hardwick asks if she can say anything about the next 2 episodes she says "well, I meet Alicia.. and I know how much you like her.." implying that she kills Alicia and

-if you watch Lou Diamond Phillips' reaction-

He seems absolutley SHOCKED that she said this..

Makes me wonder...

• Love 1

The mini pepperoni pizza on Rake Lady’s chest should surely give us all hope, and who is maintaining Al’s very nice, but time hungry trick hairstyle, that blend on her left hand side always seems perfect ?

Edited by OoohMaggie
12 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

Why doesn't he, or any of them just KILL Martha. 

Because they are all good people now, although from the compassion they showed towards Jimbo you wouldn’t have guessed.

Im just waiting for them to paint Al’s truck bright pink, with Love, Peace and daisies all over it ?

Edited by OoohMaggie