Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Spoiler Speculation: Anarchy In The USA

• Start Topic

Interesting article in Yahoo today. Keep in mind the opinions are the author's and not necessarily mine. (I am not the "I" in the quote.)

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/apos-fear-walking-dead-apos-180000388.html

Some hightlights:

"In short, Fear the Walking Dead became more like The Walking Dead. Creatively speaking, it was never better. The ratings finally leveled off.

Working from that creative success, the fourth season of Fear the Walking will get a reboot, so to speak. Dave Erickson is out as showrunner, and in his place are two new showrunners, Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg, who come over from ABC’s Once Upon a Time. There’s three new cast members, so far, and they are bonkers good: Garret Dillahunt from Raising Hope/Deadwood, Jenna Elfman from Dharma and Greg, and Maggie Grace from Lost. With those three, Fear has cast familiar faces, which is something that The Walking Dead universe has rarely done (outside of casting Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Negan). Casting reports also suggest that they’re bringing back only the most popular returning characters next season: Kim Dickens (Madison), Frank Dillane (Nick), Alycia Debnam-Carey (Alicia), Colman Domingo (Victor) and Danay Garcia (Luciana). That means the last Salazar, Daniel, is out, and so I expect are the Native Americans (at least for now.)

The show is also relocating to Texas, which is far more like the rural South that The Walking Dead has inhabited the last eight seasons. Most importantly, they’re bringing in Lennie James’ Morgan Jones, and from what we can tell, the timelines are syncing up with The Walking Dead. 

In other words, the fourth season of Fear the Walking Dead will cease to be a “companion” series and will finally begin to be a conventional spin-off we had all expected and hoped for from the beginning. It’s starting fresh, set several years in the future with a mix of new and old characters, in addition to one of the most popular characters from The Walking Dead. It can be rebooted with Morgan James as the de facto lead. The only difference is, this show will not be beholden to Robert Kirkman’s source material. It’ll be free to go where it wants to go and kill off who it wants to kill off, and with five well-liked returning characters, three new likable and recognizable actors, plus Morgan, every death will not only be unpredictable but painful.

For the first time, I am truly more excited about the next season of Fear the Walking Dead than I am about the current season of The Walking Dead."

Edited by Superclam
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Superclam said:

Interesting article in Yahoo today. Keep in mind the opinions are the authors and not necessarily mine. (I am not the "I" in the quote.)

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/apos-fear-walking-dead-apos-180000388.html

Some hightlights:
<snip>

In other words, the fourth season of Fear the Walking Dead will cease to be a “companion” series and will finally begin to be a conventional spin-off we had all expected and hoped for from the beginning. It’s starting fresh, set several years in the future with a mix of new and old characters

I have to say: if TPTB have this (and possibly other future) TWD/FTWD crossover in mind, doing a honking big future-jump and syncing up timelines seems to me a helluva lot more sensible way to go about it - versus attempting to shoehorn in existing disjunct timeline hooks which don’t really work, that is.

ETA: One major believability caveat implicit in this approach, though - namely, that this bunch of stumbling community-destroying numbnuts could actually survive several years without getting their faces gnawed off.

The only difference is, this show will not be beholden to Robert Kirkman’s source material. It’ll be free to go where it wants to go and kill off who it wants to kill off, and with five well-liked returning characters, three new likable and recognizable actors, plus Morgan, every death will not only be unpredictable but painful.

For the first time, I am truly more excited about the next season of Fear the Walking Dead than I am about the current season of The Walking Dead."

Depends totally upon the quality of the writing - which, given recent past history, is a very scary thought.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

I have to say: if TPTB have this (and possibly other future) TWD/FTWD crossover in mind, doing a honking big future-jump and syncing up timelines seems to me a helluva lot more sensible way to go about it - versus attempting to shoehorn in existing disjunct timeline hooks which don’t really work, that is.

ETA: One major believability caveat implicit in this approach, though - namely, that this bunch of stumbling community-destroying numbnuts could actually survive several years without getting their faces gnawed off.

Depends totally upon the quality of the writing - which, given recent past history, is a very scary thought.

It sounds like they are keeping Kim.  You could have the best writers in the world and she would make it wooden and horrible.  Why do they think people like her character?  I don't know a single person that isn't wishing for the character to die.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, kj4ever said:

It sounds like they are keeping Kim.  You could have the best writers in the world and she would make it wooden and horrible.  Why do they think people like her character?  I don't know a single person that isn't wishing for the character to die.

You’re kidding, of course; Madison represents the ultimate future of post-ZA humanity - the human/zombie hybrid.  ;>

10 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

It's adorable that they think any combination of members of the Clark family are "popular" or "well liked."

Their publicists do, at least.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Superclam said:

The show is also relocating to Texas, which is far more like the rural South that The Walking Dead has inhabited the last eight seasons. Most importantly, they’re bringing in Lennie James’ Morgan Jones, and from what we can tell, the timelines are syncing up with The Walking Dead. 

In other words, the fourth season of Fear the Walking Dead will cease to be a “companion” series and will finally begin to be a conventional spin-off we had all expected and hoped for from the beginning. It’s starting fresh, set several years in the future with a mix of new and old characters, in addition to one of the most popular characters from The Walking Dead. It can be rebooted with Morgan James as the de facto lead. The only difference is, this show will not be beholden to Robert Kirkman’s source material. It’ll be free to go where it wants to go and kill off who it wants to kill off, and with five well-liked returning characters, three new likable and recognizable actors, plus Morgan, every death will not only be unpredictable but painful.

The flaw in this argument is that FTWD has never been "beholden" to Kirkman's source material. Yet it has always been (and I suspect will always be)predictable who will be killed off. Anyone who isn't a Clark, is a person of color, and is doing a guest stint or is a newer character is likely to be the dead. 

I called Walker and Crazy Eyes as being gone, but I continue to hope that I am wrong.

• Love 1

Well, looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and do a bit of binging.  (haven't watched an episode of FTWD since 'Not Fade Away', way back in S1)

Maybe a crazy Morgan will make this Show bearable to partake of [from what I remember of what I watched in the first few episodes]..... its the catching up to that point I am fearing more than the zombies and apocalyptic-driven brutality of humanity that will be on display.

AMC has released some promo pics for the upcoming season.  So, if you're keeping score and still wondering who will be back after the great dam debacle, the promo pics show: Madison, Nick, Alicia, Strand, Luciana, and TWD transplant Morgan.

1 minute ago, SnarkyTart said:

AMC has released some promo pics for the upcoming season.  So, if you're keeping score and still wondering who will be back after the great dam debacle, the promo pics show: Madison, Nick, Alicia, Strand, Luciana, and TWD transplant Morgan.

No Jenna Jameson?  Damn.  And I had such high hopes of this show going to an entirely different level....

• Love 1
On 05/03/2018 at 4:07 PM, Nashville said:

No Jenna Jameson?  Damn.  And I had such high hopes of this show going to an entirely different level....

Lol...  She has enough flesh to feed a couple of walkers for weeks... :-)

• Love 1

I admit I was entertained by Morgan whacking Nick with his stick.  Also, more Strand/Madison friendship.  I am kinda looking forward to this.  Not sure why we have Jenna Elfman but Garrett Dillahunt is always good.

• Love 1

If you didn't already know some of these characters and how this show has completely wasted several potentially interesting premises in the past, I'd say that promo looks at least mildly entertaining.  But I love me some Garret Dillahunt.  I love Morgan smacking Magical Junkie Nick around with his pointy stick.  And dammit, they've maybe got walkers in the water slide.  Yeah, I know.  I'm still waiting for the bouncy house from the first season or the ball pit from last season to pay out, but they've got to give me one of these, right?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Nashville said:

At the end of Season 3, FTWD was still only about two months into the ZA; the dam blew up on Day 64.

I  don't see how Morgan gets there without a major time jump.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Gobi said:

I  don't see how Morgan gets there without a major time jump.

He could get there the same way that zombie blood/guts can suddenly infect someone exactly as if they were bitten.  In other words, via Scott Gimple hand waving now that he oversees both shows.  Right now I'd bet even money on either possibility.

• Love 1

My guess is we'll start with Morgan coming across the Brady bunch already established wherever they are.  Then we'll get, via flashbacks, the details of what happened after the dam blew because of course they'll have to tell him their stories, or tell them to new characters.  Hopefully briefly.  I didn't see Daniel in that video but we have Madison, Nick, Alicia, Strand and Luciana.

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:56 PM, raven said:

My guess is we'll start with Morgan coming across the Brady bunch already established wherever they are. 

You're right about that.  From the always reliable Fear The Spoiling Dead Fans facebook page:

Episode 4.01 - "What's your Story?"

Credit to: Walking Dead Friends & Family and "Spoiler Sista."

There's a new guy in town, his name is John. He is alone by the fire, he hears a noise in the woods. He hasn't spoken for a long time. He starts talking to whomever is out there....a walker growling as it approaches him...he takes aim and shoots. When the walker falls, Morgan is standing behind it.

Morgan is at the Heapsters dump, he's washing clothes. A knock comes on the metal door. When he answers, it is Jesus.
Jesus tries to talk him into coming back to Hilltop. He says nothing. In a bit, another knock, Morgan is cooking. It's Carol.. She wants him to come back to the Kingdom. He says nothing.
Yet another knock.... This time it's Rick. He wants Morgan to come back to Alexandria..."Come back with me, you'll end up with people one way or another, come back..."

Next we see Morgan packing and leaving the dump. He walks, he runs, he drives until no gas and tires. Night and day he travels and then he is in Texas.

Flash foreword.

John asks Morgan to stay the night at camp They talk. Morgan leaves early. Morgan finds a tent with a lantern, before he knows it, someone knocks him out, 2 guys with guns. John sneaks up and disarms one, but then they both get caught. A swat truck pulls up. It's Al, (Athena), she takes both Morgan and John to safety. Shes a journalist, she asks questions and wants their stories. John talks, Morgan wont.

The bad guys show up again, there is a battle, they want everybody's stuff, (sound familiar?) There are walkers too, Morgan gets injured in the leg. Al is a badass and takes out the walkers with her machine guns. After the fight, Morgan let's her do the interview, he tells her a little about "a nice place and good people there and there was a war"..."we won, I already left before I left".. He leaves Al and John...he is walking, there is a Walker, before he can get away he falls, just as the Walker almost has him, John steps in to save the day.

He agrees to go with them till his leg heals. Someone is ahead in the road, it's a girl, she appears injured and crying, "there are bad people out here!"...They stop to help. Just as Morgan is coming out of the truck with firstaid, the girl jumps up with a gun and It's Alicia! Strand and Nick pop up from the roadside armed! Morgan, John and Al are taken prisoner... Al nervously asks Alicia, "What's your story?"......

• Love 1

Oh hell,  they're forcing WD regulars to make cameos to sell this?

Maybe it will come off better than it sounds, but from this it sounds like they're blowing right past the issue of how the timelines of the two shows don't match up.  I guess after all the poor plotting and nonlogic we've sat through on either show they figure we'll sit through this too.  It's like they're not even trying anymore.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

Oh hell,  they're forcing WD regulars to make cameos to sell this?

Maybe it will come off better than it sounds, but from this it sounds like they're blowing right past the issue of how the timelines of the two shows don't match up.  I guess after all the poor plotting and nonlogic we've sat through on either show they figure we'll sit through this too.  It's like they're not even trying anymore.

Will Gavin's ghost make a cameo, too?

• Love 1

That would make this mess even better for me along with throwing the actor a little extra work.  Just let Gavin's bloody ghost follow him around his new show screaming "You know what it is!" from scene to scene without ever offering any sort of comment or explanation.  It'll be visual shorthand for days when Morgan's feeling extra crazy.

• Love 2

Season 4 Of 'Fear The Walking Dead' Is So Much Better Than 'The Walking Dead' It's Not Even Funny

I'm not making the claim, just relaying it as I'm naturally at least a little skeptical.  While I generally find the Forbes reviews of both shows fairly reasoned and well thought out, it's hard to fathom the assertion that the retooled show under Gimple's headship is as good as early seasons of the mothership, which is definitely tired and suffering.  I guess we'll see.  

• Love 2

I gave up on the mother ship last season and I was never really into Fear but if the Forbes preview isn't just hype....and this has Garrett Dillahunt now - dammit! 

I have to at least check it out. 

• Love 3

The thing that bugs me (yes, I’ve only seen trailers and those can be deceiving) but it seem like every character in FTWD is now some super badass character. You got “I will kill anyone who tries to harm my family” Madison, Ninja Morgan with his magic stick, Alysha with her super-duper knife, the new guy with the cowboy hat and six-shooter, Maggie from Lost with what looks to be a tank, and on and on. Whatever happened to showing real people actually learning how to survive on their wits.

Oh, wait ... there are no wits on this show! And certainly none on the writing side.

• Love 3
On 4/14/2018 at 8:11 AM, JackONeill said:

The thing that bugs me (yes, I’ve only seen trailers and those can be deceiving) but it seem like every character in FTWD is now some super badass character. You got “I will kill anyone who tries to harm my family” Madison, Ninja Morgan with his magic stick, Alysha with her super-duper knife, the new guy with the cowboy hat and six-shooter, Maggie from Lost with what looks to be a tank, and on and on. Whatever happened to showing real people actually learning how to survive on their wits.

Oh, wait ... there are no wits on this show! And certainly none on the writing side.

I agree. It's hilarious how the survivalists were stuck in the bunker last season waiting for the teenage Alicia to let them sufficate to death.

It was realistic for Rick to be proficient at using weapons in the Walking Dead but no one from Madison's family has any training with weapons.

On 4/13/2018 at 12:14 PM, icemiser69 said:

I am hoping that once the new characters of this show have been established, that it will eventually mean the exiting of Madison, Alicia, and Nick.   Until those three characters leave the show, I don't see how this series can possibly have any chance of rebounding from the level of suck it has become.

I would keep Alicia. I don't like Nick or Madison.

On 4/10/2018 at 8:37 PM, magdalene said:

I gave up on the mother ship last season and I was never really into Fear but if the Forbes preview isn't just hype....and this has Garrett Dillahunt now - dammit! 

I have to at least check it out. 

Garett was great on the Terminator Chronicles.

• Love 2

This isn't a spoiler - that I know of - but part of me can't help but wonder if the real reason for the time-syncing of the WD shows isn't just for integrating Morgan, but will mean the shows will be doing lots more crossover events (IE, like TheCW's DC superhero show mashups) in the future. 

Wouldn't be hard to manufacture, if so wished... just have the Fear group move towards the NE and TWD gravitate southwesterly, then could have semi-regular x-overs when they feel like it.

I'm not saying I want to see this happen - as I actually am in the process of trying to distance myself from TWD as much as possible, at least until some things change - but I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen.

From TSDF Official: Episode 402: Another Day in the Diamond

We start with a flashback in the episode. We see Alicia, Strand, Lucy, Nick and Maddie, talking to a little girl named Charly. Maddie is asking her where she lived before she came to the Stadium.  She points her fingers to a camp which is located a bit outside. At the Stadium we hear an announcement about school and some other things. We see Alicia, Nick and Lucy at lunch. Strand is incoming and talking about celebrating the day. Alicia speaks to Maddie, Maddie is building something, Alicia asks her why she wasn't at lunch and she says that she need to build. Alicia asks her if she slept and she answers a few hours but when she lived outside she didnt sleep so it doesn't matter.
Nick talks with Charly about the life outside. Nick tells her she doesn't need to think about this anymore because they are safe now. Maddie, Alicia, Lucy and Strand are going on a trip to find some survivors and supplies. Before they leave, Strand lures the walkers away from the gate with explosive baseballs. Nick asks Lucy to find a new book for Charly. After this they start their trip.

Some time later Nick is talking to Lucy by walkie talkie and says to her that they are going wrong way. They lose the connection. Strand just says, "And so ends our broadcast today". Strand and Lucy leave the car and go to search supplies. Alicia and Maddie are going to search for supplies too, and they see a banner with the number "457" on it. Nick is talking to Charly again and asks her if her family is somewhere out there, they will find them.

A woman pops up, pulling a gun on Maddie and wants her keys for the car. Maddie tells her that she doesn't have to do this, but she just wants the keys. Maddie is talking about her home and offers the women to stay with her. And she says again that she want the keys. Strand, Lucy and Alicia come to help Maddie and the women leaves and runs up on top of a silo. She is pointing the gun at Alicia and Maddie and wants Alicia to put down her gun. Alicia tells her that they will not hurt her. Just then, the woman falls through the roof of the silo and falls down in the sea of shit. There are walkers too, and Maddie jumps in to help her.  They are fighting together, against the walkers, Strand and Alicia open the silo and the shit comes out of it and some walkers too. Alicia is going in to search for Maddie and kills a walker before it can attack Maddie. It's night, as they are sitting, the girl introduces herself as Naomi. Then we hear walkers and Lucy says they have to leave this place.

Nick is talking to two other survivors of the stadium and says they need to go look for them. Charly opens the gate for Nick. When Nick goes out, flashbacks of the dam appear to him. He looks like he is having some sort of breakdown mentally. The flashbacks are coming again and again very fast and Nick looks terrified. A walker comes close to him but the best driver girl Maggie and her gang are incoming and knocks him out of the way. Maggie is asking him what he is doing there.

Maddie is talking to Charly and Charly already asks if they found her parents, and Maddie says "I'm sorry" to her. Maddie is asking her what happens in the camp where she survived before all this, but Charly won't answer. Noami fixes Nick's head, he has a little wound, she lets him know that she is a nurse. Maddie is coming and Nick is leaving, Maddie talks with Naomi about the stadum. They have 47 survivor and 48 if she will stay. All this was built up by Maddie and the kids. She says everyone has to have a chance Maddie is offering her a shower and she is asking "a shower?"  Lucy sees something through a scopes.

She sees trucks and cars which are coming to the stadium. She says everyone has to get ready and they lock down the gate. A guy gets out of a car, takes a bike with speakers on it and lures the walker into a truck.... and someone has written on the truck "12". The guy pulls out a chair and sits down. Maddie comes out and asks if there is a problem..... and lets the guy know that they have guns.... She asks them if they were at the camp with the silo and numbers. The guy asks if they really believes that it was them. He calls out to Charly and wants her to come out of the gate. He says sorry to her that it took so long until they arrived, and she should stay in the bus and wait.  This group wants all of the things that Maddie and the others have. (Sound familiar folks?) Maddie says no and the guy gives her two options, give and live or die. Maddie says no and the guys says that they feel safe behind the walls and never got tested, but they can be sure they will, and the guy sits down at his chair again. Nick is growing his garden, Maddie is building and Lucy is bringing something out to the bus that Charly is sitting in. Lucy leaves Charly a book.

Flashforward...

We are back at the SWAT Truck with Alicia, Strand, Lucy, Nick, Morgan, Althea and John. Alicia, Lucy, Strand and Nick are asking the others about the vultures, because they found a banner with "51" on it but Althea says she knows nothing about the numbered flag, and they decide to go to the place where Althea found the banner......

NOTE:
We get mention of how long the Clark family has been at the new stadium community
And we get introduced to a new villain gang, referred to as the "Vultures,"they sound pretty much like the Saviors, wanting everybody else stuff...the new character of Naomi is a little scary, but I think she has been through alot, so we shall see if shes a good one or not!

So plenty of timeline fuckery, not answering basic questions of how they survived the dam, lots of Madison, and what sounds like the introduction of Saviors 2.0.  Yeah.  Gimple has his fingerprints all over this one.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

From TSDF Official: Episode 402: Another Day in the Diamond

So plenty of timeline fuckery, not answering basic questions of how they survived the dam, lots of Madison, and what sounds like the introduction of Saviors 2.0.  Yeah.  Gimple has his fingerprints all over this one.

Yeah, while I wasn't totally disgusted with last week's episode, I think I might take a break and check back later in the season, see if its worth the time.  That whole [potential]'Saviors 2.0' thing just really makes me leery;  Saviors 1.0 was all I could take - no , more than I could take - of that kind of story.   Not even LJ/Morgan, MG/Althea and GD/John Dory can make me want to put up with that crap (again).

All those "Maddie" references, is that Madison?  Is she frequently called Maddie on the show or was the spoiler writer short on time so subbed out 3 letters and added 1??   That's a whole lot of Madison, if she is "Maddie".

42 minutes ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Yeah, while I wasn't totally disgusted with last week's episode, I think I might take a break and check back later in the season, see if its worth the time.  That whole [potential]'Saviors 2.0' thing just really makes me leery;  Saviors 1.0 was all I could take - no , more than I could take - of that kind of story.   Not even LJ/Morgan, MG/Althea and GD/John Dory can make me want to put up with that crap (again).

All those "Maddie" references, is that Madison?  Is she frequently called Maddie on the show or was the spoiler writer short on time so subbed out 3 letters and added 1??   That's a whole lot of Madison, if she is "Maddie".

Maddie is Madison. I guess we're going to get this flashback/flash forward nonsense all season until the timelines resolve. Those flashbacks sure will be suspenseful, we'll never be able to figure out who survives and who doesn't.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

Maddie is Madison. I guess we're going to get this flashback/flash forward nonsense all season until the timelines resolve. Those flashbacks sure will be suspenseful, we'll never be able to figure out who survives and who doesn't.

"Let's introduce all the (surviving) original cast at the end of the season premiere episode,  and then show the drama & hazard-filled flashbacks!  Audience won't know what hit them!"  [/The (not)Beautiful Mind, Scott Gimple]

• Love 3

I get the feeling that episodes 2-6, maybe even all way to the mid-season break, will be mostly flashback time with small irregular bits of present time sprinkled in............ or, one episode will be presently focused (1), while the next is past-heavy (2), the following one will be in the present, then past again, etc.

Either way, I'm waiting to see if I want to actually watch or not.  Might even watch the one airing tonight - but won't be for a day or two, if I do.  Not worth the fighting the TV & AMC over the brightness/contrast and volume to juggle all of them constantly for 60+ minutes to watch it 'live'.

Since we now have Saviors Lite (the Vultures), it's clear that what every post-ZA group needs is a special name. We've had Claimers, Wolves, Vultures, Saviors, and probably others I've forgotten. So, here are some suggestions:

Officious Interlopers

Prairie Dogs

Rat Patrol

Exchangers

The Not That Bad Once You Get To Know Them Group

Investors

Spanish Inquisition (Nobody expects that!)

Carnies

The Special Guest Stars

And Many More (no, really, that's their name)

• Love 4

So, who's going to survive from the original cast? Nick is dead, Daniel is MIA, probably dead, Madison may be dead.

Alicia - I think she'll live.

Strand - I think he'll live.

Lucy - She's a goner.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/22/2018 at 12:29 PM, seacliffsal said:

So, whether or not I stay with this show is dependent on whether or not John Dorie lives...

As I type this, it's July 2018, and for the past two months, AMC has been airing commercials for the new batch of FTWD episodes that they say will begin August 2018, and based on those commercials, a hurricane is going to hit the area, and John Dorie is shown alive, at someone's front door, talking to them. 

John Dorie is my new favorite TWD / FTWD character, so I hope he's on for a good long time, provided they don't give him story arcs that turn him into a bad guy or a mopey, depressed sad sack with PTSD.

The Zombies in a Hurricane plot reminds me of the Sharks in a Tornado plot from Sy Fy channel's "Sharknado" movie. I hope we see zombies swirling around due to hurricane force winds, LOL. That would be fun.

On 5/23/2018 at 7:45 AM, FishyJoe said:

I don't understand the strategy of the vultures. They want all the supplies that the stadium people have, but they are waiting for the stadium people to exhaust all their supplies? And then when the stadium people find supplies, they gloat about it and drive right past the vultures? It's like haha, look at all the stuff we found, now you have to leave. 

Now that you mention it, that does seem to be a very self-defeating strategy. Unless The Vultures mean that they hope that in-fighting causes those in the stadium to turn on each other (and kill each other), or to be over-taken by zombies... the zombies will kill them but not eat any light bulbs, ammo, or canned food. Maybe that is the thinking?

Edited by DrNowsWeightScale
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

Storm blown walkers!  A

Damn, that is straight out of Z Nation LOL.  I wish they would keep that slightly goofy tone throughout the series.  And John Dorie lives!

• Love 4

I just saw that.  The first half with the revamped cast was somewhat uneven and sort of fell apart in the finale, but I'm glad they're giving the show time to work itself out.  I mostly like the cast we have now and am interested to see what they do with it.  From what I've read, the ratings didn't increase much this past half season, but the show did stop the steady hemorrhaging of viewers that's been happening since it first premiered and is drawing what are considered respectable numbers for cable TV.  

• Love 4
On 7/5/2018 at 9:04 PM, raven said:

Comic Con poster

Did someone mention they wanted zombies in a tornado?

fear-the-walking-dead-season-4b-poster.jpg.cfddf1ed7f3fd5349f642f35c2778dae.jpg

I don't remember if they asked for a tornado. But, I do remember during TWD peeps always complained that there was no change in the seasons, or weather conditions. So, they had the episode with the bad storm on TWD, Now it looks like they are bringing it to FTWD. 

On 5/3/2018 at 6:02 PM, Gobi said:

So, who's going to survive from the original cast? Nick is dead, Daniel is MIA, probably dead, Madison may be dead.

Alicia - I think she'll live.

Strand - I think he'll live.

Lucy - She's a goner.

I hope Strand,Alicia, and Daniel survive. I thought Madison was dead. 

On 7/29/2018 at 7:11 PM, WalkerTalker said:

I don't remember if they asked for a tornado. But, I do remember during TWD peeps always complained that there was no change in the seasons, or weather conditions. So, they had the episode with the bad storm on TWD, Now it looks like they are bringing it to FTWD. 

I hope Strand,Alicia, and Daniel survive. I thought Madison was dead. 

If they're still on the gulf coast, I think it's going to be a hurricane.

Tornadoes are more Oklahoma and Kansas.

Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Florida get hurricanes. I had to live through two or three of them. They're bad enough as-is, I couldn't imagine having to put up with zombies flying around too!!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

If they're still on the gulf coast, I think it's going to be a hurricane.

Tornadoes are more Oklahoma and Kansas.

Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Florida get hurricanes. I had to live through two or three of them. They're bad enough as-is, I couldn't imagine having to put up with zombies flying around too!!

It's going to be a crossover with "Sharknado!" . There will be a shoutout/homage to the zombie vs. shark fight in Lucio Fulci's movie, "Zombie".

• Love 2

Fear the Walking Dead Adds 12 Monkeys' Aaron Stanford
By Tim Surette | Jul 20, 2018
https://www.tvguide.com/news/fear-the-walking-dead-casting-12-monkeys-aaron-stanford-mo-collins-tonya-pinkins-stephen-henderson/

In Season 4B, the changes will continue as Fear the Walking Dead is adding a handful of actors, including 12 Monkeys' Aaron Stanford. This is what we in the business call "good casting." Stanford is a genre star, having also starred in Nikita and X-Men: The Last Stand, and in addition to being a great actor, he just looks like a guy who would be wandering the desert after a zombie apocalypse, right?
Also joining the cast will be Stephen Henderson (Lady Bird), Tonya Pinkins (Gotham), Mo Collins (MadTV) and Daryl "Chill" Mitchell (Galaxy Quest). Collins and Mitchell are interesting choices as they're primarily known for their comedy chops. Collins has a background in sketch comedy and was a scene stealer in Lady Dynamite, while Mitchell played the one and only Tommy in the best sci-fi comedy of all time, Galaxy Quest.

Edited by tv echo