Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Spoiler Speculation: Anarchy In The USA

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Superclam said:

If I were a betting man... 

I never have been, yet there are two things I would bet my house on, firstly that the sun will rise in the morning, secondly that the Walking Dead world will always manage to bend me over the nearest table and punish my foolish optimism  😭

(edited)

Fear the Walking Dead: Final Episodes Synopses Drop a Bomb on Season 6

The end is the beginning for Fear the Walking Dead: spoiler synopses for the final four episodes of Season 6 warn of coming destruction in the explosive season finale airing June 13. As Morgan Jones (Lennie James) reckons with the existential threat facing the survivors from below the surface, Alicia Clark (Alycia Debnam-Carey) is held prisoner by the "King of the Crazies": cult leader Teddy (John Glover), who has dispatched right-hand man Riley (Nick Stahl) to retrieve the key to his underground group's new beginning. After Morgan and a pregnant Grace (Karen David) come under fire from Teddy's toadies in Sunday's 612, "In Dreams," the group must survive their greatest threat yet: submarine-launched nuclear warheads.

In Episode 613, "J.D.," airing May 16, June (Jenna Elfman) "splits off to gather information to help stop an oncoming threat." In Episode 614, "Mother," premiering May 23, a captive Alicia "reunites with old friends and must confront her past."

After Fear takes a scheduled break over the Memorial Day weekend, the season resumes June 6 with Episode 615, "USS Pennsylvania." In the penultimate episode of the season, "Motives are revealed and convictions are tested as our heroes rush to stop Teddy's plan." Season 6 concludes June 13 with Episode 616, "The Beginning," which has revealed the following synopsis with spoilers: in the season finale, "Everyone desperately scrambles to live out the coming destruction on their own terms."

"This finale has real big balls," James said about "The Beginning" during a Fear Season 6 virtual panelat WonderCon 2021. "It's epic and it's massive, and it is also intimate and it's tiny — and it all happens over such a short space of time. The entire finale, it's like it happens over a held breath."

The half-season, which returned with the back-to-back deaths of John Dorie (Garret Dillahunt) and Virginia (Colby Minifie) is about "turning the screws on everyone as much as we could and pushing everyone to their extremes," said showrunners Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg.

"The end of this season is going to have far-reaching changes, both for the characters, for the world they inhabit, and it really is going to change what this show is going forward into Season 7," Chambliss teased, adding the showrunners are "very excited about it."

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/fear-the-walking-dead-season-6-synopses-final-episodes-spoilers-nuclear-bomb/

Edited by OoohMaggie
2 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Fear the Walking Dead Reveals Keith Carradine’s John Dorie Sr.

I don't even know what to think of this development. So are all these people in like a 5-mile circumference? 

John Dorie Sr..jpeg

I just visited this forum again today to post this very story! (I just saw it a moment ago.)

The article says that June meets John Dorie Sr. in this upcoming episode, who will be played by Keith Carradine.

Interesting turn of developments, IMO, anyhow.

I'll be interested in seeing how June reacts to meeting the dad of her husband. I hope they get along okay.

So from the above we can see that the character of Cole, Strand's love interest from season 4 who was presumed to have died with everyone else at the baseball stadium, will reappear in some capacity.

don't the writers realise the Maddison era  characters we really want to see return are Mad Dog and Walker, not some dude i had to google to remind me who he is?

• Love 1
22 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Okay, I'll admit they've got me. I'm actually interested in this story.

This is one of the stronger episodes IMO, don't expect a massive amount of detail from the flashback, and the meeting with Cole is somewhat contrived and massively convenient to Teddy's agenda, (but we're meant to expect coincidences, right?), it does develop the End is the Beginning plot line further though, and i agree it is an interesting story. I think that they might let Teddy win this one too, though i'm not sure what happens then.

The plot summary of the final episodes posted above suggests that he may succeed in launching the missiles by the end of the penultimate episode, it says this about the finale:

On 5/9/2021 at 2:35 PM, OoohMaggie said:

"It's epic and it's massive, and it is also intimate and it's tiny — and it all happens over such a short space of time. The entire finale, it's like it happens over a held breath."

then

On 5/9/2021 at 2:35 PM, OoohMaggie said:

"The end of this season is going to have far-reaching changes, both for the characters, for the world they inhabit, and it really is going to change what this show is going forward into Season 7,"

the preview for 6:15 looks like it will be about Morgan and the others uniting to try and stop Teddy launching the missiles from the sub, so presumably they either succeed or fail by the end of the episode. does this mean that they fail, and the last episode is about the different characters' experience during the four minute warning? Having discount Charles Manson nuke Texas would certainly " change what this show is going forward into Season 7,"

• Love 1
On 5/29/2021 at 9:17 AM, OoohMaggie said:

So i'm thinking it looks like they'll let Teddy launch the nukes at the end of the penultimate episode, and the last episode is about who survives and who doesn't. As i see it the only way anyone survives is to join Alicia in the bunker, and the only person who knows about this who is likely to tell them is Dakota.

Apparently there's a theory that the poster for season 6, which sows several of the characters with tears coming from one eye is thought to signify which characters will lose someone important to them, June is one, as is (i think) Grace, and Sherry is the other, so a fan theory has emerged that Dwight will die in the finale.

I can't really see how the mechanics of the characters at the sub, or elsewhere, actually getting to the bunker before the nukes go off, maybe there'll be some sort of fudge where they just get a bit of radiation on them and are still ok, or something. Or maybe i'm barking up the wrong tree altogether.

If i'm correct though, the next leap of logic is that they go into the bunker and emerge in season 7 after a considerable time jump, so the writers use this as a device to bring the show to the same time line as TWD original, just in time for the final series of TWD, and a likely cross over with what will likely be the final season of Fear, IF my assumptions above are anything like correct.

Another week to go before we find out.

• Love 1
(edited)

Having seen the latest episode i've changed my mind a bit. I think the things i predict above may still happen, but i now think it's equally possible that they may stop the nukes that Teddy has launched. It all depends on where the show runners want the narrative to go in season 7.

Thinking about the mechanics of how the narrative might work, either the goal is to bring the show up to the same time line as TWD original in order to have a cross over on the final TWD season, which would mean season 7 would be the likely final season for Fear too.

A lot depends though on whether they still intend to make the rick movie(s). I don't think it's a given that these will still happen, but let's say that the intention is to at least try and make them, then the CRM storyline is central to this. TWD are expanding the commonwealth storyline now so i can't see them doing more with the CRM given that they are very similar organisations. So do they need fear to further expand the CRM storyline,? the  sub plot about Al's girlfriend will surely have to play out a bit more yet, and it's hard to see how that would happen in just one more episode.

My personal view is that i hope they don't go down the obvious time jump / cross over route here. Spending 7 years in a bunker is basically the plot of The 100 anyway, and i'd be more interested in finding out about the CRM and how the characters develop without having some cliched plot device just so we can see Alicia and Maggie appear in the same episode.

Then again,. maybe i'm giving this too much thought, and the writers have no more idea than us about what's happening and just make it up one episode at a time.

Edited by BasilSeal
3 hours ago, maystone said:

I've seen the finale. I'm not going to spoil anyone because you deserve to see this one as it plays. We're going to have a lot to talk about.

Just watched it and want to say - Dakota's dead!!!

Season 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

ETA - I won't give any other details, lol.

• Love 1
(edited)

Fear the Walking Dead Season 7 First-Look: Morgan & Grace
The Walking Dead   Jul 24, 2021

Fear the Walking Dead Season 7 First-Look: June and John Sr.
The Walking Dead   Jul 24, 2021

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Finally UK Prime decided to include S6 in its offerings, just finished 16 episodes over a couple of nights 🥺

I’d completely forgotten just how annoying ‘whinnying Ginny’ and those flaring nostrils could be.

Binge watching is definitely the way to watch these shows, it’s just sad that in all that time,Dorie being shot by that little bitch was really the only thing remotely interesting.

As for Teddie the ‘Villain’ 🙄

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Superclam said:

Ooooh!! Some answers! Or not. 

I'm going with Not. But evidently PADRE is an acronym, it's on a file Alicia has found in the secret govt bunker so presumably refers to some secret govt shit, or something.

Having watched the next episode from AMC plus there aren't any more answers on PADRE but there were some hints. It was apparently some sort of government contingency  where senior politicians would meet up and regroup and was equipped with the means to re start civilisation.

My current reckon is that PADRE was the origin of the civic republic.

2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

This show has already gotten so bad, Madison showing up will make it even worse, at least for me.

I saw that on Talking Dead, they said there was a big fan push to bring the Madison character back.  I was thinking who are these people?  Practically every comment I read here about her was how unlikable she was and wanting her killed off.

I always thought they needed to kill off the whole Clarke family, except Alicia.  And they could keep Strand.  Which they ended up doing, but it was too little too late, and I gave up watching the show.  Now they're bringing Madison back, so it sounds like they're regressing.    

• Love 2
2 hours ago, rmontro said:

I saw that on Talking Dead, they said there was a big fan push to bring the Madison character back.  I was thinking who are these people?  Practically every comment I read here about her was how unlikable she was and wanting her killed off.

(Snipped) 

I'm one of those people. I really like Kim Dickens; I've seen her in other roles, and I've always enjoyed her performance. Hell, I even like Madison, and I thought that she and Victor always played so well together. I hope that the writers do well by her when her character returns, but I'm prepared to be very, very disappointed.

And to be clear, I don't think any show should give in to fan pressure. Live or die by your choices, guys.

Edited by maystone
  • Love 5

I like her too. Also I was combing through reddit and the majority opinion there is quite favourable as well. It looks like, outside of our little corner here, Madison is popular and ordinary fans are pretty excited about the news.

Assuming the rumours are true about how badly Kim was treated when they killed Madison off, and how desperate the showrunners are to improve ratings, I'm hoping she negotiated creative control over her character. The main fear on reddit is that they brought her back to a show all too ready to assassinate her character.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Starchild said:

<snipped>

Assuming the rumours are true about how badly Kim was treated when they killed Madison off, and how desperate the showrunners are to improve ratings, I'm hoping she negotiated creative control over her character. The main fear on reddit is that they brought her back to a show all too ready to assassinate her character.

My fear is that she's going to be written as an ally of Victor. What I'm hoping for is that she's part of PADRE which means I'm also hoping that PADRE turns out not to be another Terminus:)

If Alicia is dying, perhaps Madison will be reuniting with her daughter and replacing her as a moral force for good. Madison "died" before Morgan showed up, right? So we get that meet 'n' greet. The two of them would seem to be natural allies.

Kim did say that Madison has been through some stuff, so I think we can expect some fairly radical changes to her character, at least initially. Whether that translates to a significant permanent alteration to who Madison has always been, one that fans like me will accept or reject, well that remains to be seen.

• Love 1
On 12/10/2021 at 10:27 AM, Starchild said:

Kim did say that Madison has been through some stuff, so I think we can expect some fairly radical changes to her character, at least initially. Whether that translates to a significant permanent alteration to who Madison has always been, one that fans like me will accept or reject, well that remains to be seen.

I hate her,  so if the radical change is that she became a zombie and she gets killed on the spot, I would not mind.😆

• LOL 1
On 12/9/2021 at 9:13 PM, maystone said:

Madison "died" before Morgan showed up, right? So we get that meet 'n' greet.

Morgan started FTWD in episode one of season four.  Madison departed in episode eight, the midseason finale.  But I don't believe the two characters ever met?

• Love 1