Type keyword(s) to search

2015 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I thought most of the vets looked vet-worthy, even if I didn't love everyone's choreo, but I agree with others that Rachel looked off.  Maybe something really is going on in her life and she's mentally distracted and it's affecting her performance.  Breelan's solo and outfit fell flat, and she looked like the least in shape vet of the bunch.  I think the season-long predictions on this site that Breelan is in jeopardy are very correct.  If she and Caila came in at about the same level as rookies, her blonde friend has left her in the dust, I think.  Ashley P's solo seemed kind of low energy to me too, but her toes were pointed (which will please Judy).  Jacie is an incredible dancer, but I bet she's kicking herself for her small flinches in her insanely difficult turn.  I'm sure that will in no way impact her making the team and being in the triangle.  It better not!  Someone upthread said they hoped Jasmine got cut because she had not improved at all, and I don't agree. IMO, her technique has improved, but it's true she's not the best or snappiest dancer in the bunch.  I don't think that matters.  Nicole B was never the best dancer, but she was a great team dancer and brought a lot of herself to the team that her teammates and Kelli and Judy respected and appreciated, and I think this may be similar with Jasmine.  I was watching an episode from last season, and was impressed with how pretty Jasmine's kicks looked, so she really has improved and can hang with the team in a lot of ways.

Of course Melissa rocked, and I'm so glad she got to close the solos. ITA it's not fair for anyone who has to follow that act!  I could watch her dance all day, and she is such an impressive young lady all around.  I agree that Lacey was incredible, but I disagree with someone upthread that she should have done hip hop.  I think she's deeply trained as a lyrical dancer, and that she's totally in her zone.  Definitely one of the best and most charismatic dancers on the team.  Little Jenna brought it, of course, and Kinzie's dancing was just gorgeous.  My computer froze for a second when Kinzie did a leap, and it was a perfect 180 degree split that seriously looked like it was 4+ feet in the air.  She dances with such grace and the most precise and beautiful lines.  I liked Erica's solo a lot, as well as Ashley N's, Jessica's, Jennifer K, Mary's, and Danielle's. Holly looked great as usual, always so fun to watch.   I liked Paige's energy, but somehow I'm never a big fan of hers.  For someone who got called out on weight gain last year, I'm not sure big billowy sleeves was the way to go for costuming.  I think it's so hard to judge from the 18 seconds we get about the quality of the performances or the choreography.  I'm so glad they posted those clips this year, though!  Little things like these clips to help sustain me while I wait impatiently for MTT10!  

• Love 1
(edited)

Very few vets really stood out for me this year. I see a vet massacre coming assuming there are some outstanding rookie candidates.

I think the field performance is more important. If a veteran doesn't look good there, that's when I think they are really going to decide to cut them.  I think the only solos that were maybe bad enough to stand out were Rachel and Breelan.  I think Rachel will get a pass, but I'm sadly not sure about Breelan especially because (and I REALLY hate saying this) I think she gained weight. I'd be bummed if she doesn't make it though!

Edited by iloveit

I loved Lauren's, Erika's, and Melissa's solos.  I liked most of the rest and hated Breelan's and Danielle's.  Anyone who chooses fast music then slo-mo's the dance, especially in solos, either did not choose the right music or didn't perform the right dance.  If you're going to screw up that badly, at least it memorable for the RIGHT reasons, not the wrong ones.  I think Breelan, maybe Danielle and at least one or two other veterans will get cut today.  I wouldn't be surprised if there's a vet massacre as the ones who retired did it for their own reasons and the ones who came back either shone, place, or stank.  Most shone or stank, and placing is just marking time and not improving or really showing why they deserve to remain on the team.

I loved Lauren's, Erika's, and Melissa's solos. I liked most of the rest and hated Breelan's and Danielle's. Anyone who chooses fast music then slo-mo's the dance, especially in solos, either did not choose the right music or didn't perform the right dance. If you're going to screw up that badly, at least it memorable for the RIGHT reasons, not the wrong ones. I think Breelan, maybe Danielle and at least one or two other veterans will get cut today. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a vet massacre as the ones who retired did it for their own reasons and the ones who came back either shone, place, or stank. Most shone or stank, and placing is just marking time and not improving or really showing why they deserve to remain on the team.

I couldn't agree more. Breelan and Danielle's solos were not worthy of being brought back

snippets of Melissa and Erica's solos https://twitter.com/hashtag/dccauditions?src=hash And some pics of Finals. Looks like solos ended an hr ago. Wonder how long till we start seeing Training Camp tweets?

Won't be til late tonight. They still have to do the semi finals routine and the kickline on the field.

Won't be til late tonight. They still have to do the semi finals routine and the kickline on the field.

This is true....was typing so fast I forgot about the field routines ....oops

Kelli and Judy have a long history of not being all the concerned about solos if someone is good on he field with their moves. Angela, Jinelle -- they've flat out said more than once.

Idk -- I think some of the criticism is a little overboard and oddly personal. I have a hard time buying there will be a vet massacre, especially among upper level vets. One there are not a lot of them to begin with, and two those vets solos were a hell of a lot better than the TCC videos.

• Love 2

Kelli and Judy have a long history of not being all the concerned about solos if someone is good on he field with their moves. Angela, Jinelle -- they've flat out said more than once.

Idk -- I think some of the criticism is a little overboard and oddly personal. I have a hard time buying there will be a vet massacre, especially among upper level vets. One there are not a lot of them to begin with, and two those vets solos were a hell of a lot better than the TCC videos.

K&J have said before that vets are held to a higher standard than TCCs.

The vets should've been completely rested today for finals. The TCC videos we've seen were after a 10+ hour day of constant dancing, so for them to be tired is expected.

• Love 1

Have you tried out before?

You don't remember a routine sitting there not practicing. They go over it again and again again.

They get there at 7am to register and those are filmed at 9-10 at night.

No matter what you do, after a 12+ hour day, you're exhausted.

• Love 1

Danielle was cut and then uncut once before so I think that shows her value to the organization. She wasn't just cut for injury - it was injury, lack of energy, looking out of shape, etc. Even with all that, she was still brought back. I dont think Danielle is on the chopping block.

I also dont see a vet massacre just the normal 2-3. I can actually see them all coming back as there are so few.

• Love 1

Like I said -- this is oddly personal.

Honestly those clips are all fine. I think most people have always assumed Kelli has long over exaggerated the amazing talent.

• Love 1

Like I said -- this is oddly personal.

Honestly those clips are all fine. I think most people have always assumed Kelli has long over exaggerated the amazing talent.

What do you mean oddly personal?

Finally catching up on these...I think it's way too hard to tell how great a solo is by 12 seconds lol Some did look weirdly slow but maybe it was just that part of the routine? I'm willing to give vets like Danielle and Jasmine the benefit of the doubt.  They are awesome when they dance with the whole group. And I love them so I'm probably partial as well lol 

From the clips, Erica is my favorite.  I love love love every dance she does and you can just see her attack every move (as Kelli said last year haha)  Melissa...AMAZING.  And the aussies are always fabulous too.  I really don't think there will be a massacre...Breelan is the only one I can see being on the edge because she never seemed to have really proved herself. I was impressed with Caila. Her body looked great and she clearly has been working on her dancing.

Rachel's costume was GORGEOUS. 

• Love 1

Finally catching up on these...I think it's way too hard to tell how great a solo is by 12 seconds lol Some did look weirdly slow but maybe it was just that part of the routine? I'm willing to give vets like Danielle and Jasmine the benefit of the doubt.  They are awesome when they dance with the whole group. And I love them so I'm probably partial as well lol 

From the clips, Erica is my favorite.  I love love love every dance she does and you can just see her attack every move (as Kelli said last year haha)  Melissa...AMAZING.  And the aussies are always fabulous too.  I really don't think there will be a massacre...Breelan is the only one I can see being on the edge because she never seemed to have really proved herself. I was impressed with Caila. Her body looked great and she clearly has been working on her dancing.

Rachel's costume was GORGEOUS. 

(edited)

To play devil's advocate (dont shoot me) and to be fair, I think if people are allowed to asses someone's solo as "amazing" based on a 12 second clip then others are allowed to not like a solo based on a 12 second clip. What's good for the goose should, in theory, be good for the gander.

ETA: I meant "assess" was going to fix it but I think its funny so it stays.

Edited by pink317

My thoughts:

- Cheering was injected, badly

- Ashley P, Melissa and Breelan all look like they have gained weight 

- Some of the music choices were odd. I LOVE ROCK AND ROLL has no rhythm. How can you dance to it?  Some of the other music choices were just uninspiring.  The music is VERY important to your presentation.  If the music is bad but your dancing is good, doesn't that take away from the overall impression of your solo? I just don't get it.

- Very interesting comparing Caila and Breelan.  Breelan got a lot of attention in training camp but it looks like she hasn't worked to improve herself after making the team.  Caila on the other hand has worked hard and used her strengths to become a better dancer.  It's impressive.

- Rachel's solo reminded me of the girl who just made the team with Loni in season 2 but got cut in finals when she tried out the next year because her solo was so bad.

I think some of the vets should be worried.  They didn't look so good. 

To play devil's advocate (dont shoot me) and to be fair, I think if people are allowed to asses someone's solo as "amazing" based on a 12 second clip then others are allowed to not like a solo based on a 12 second clip. What's good for the goose should, in theory, be good for the gander.

I agree!

No one who auditions should think they are safe for any reason, unless they are a K/J favorite and not even then.  We've all seen what happens when vets coast because they think that, once they've made the team, they're safe.  From big mouths to big hips and everything in between, VERY few people are safe once they're on the squad.  From what has been said (and shown), Kelly and Judy can be really random sometimes and really love a girl at auditions but cut her in Training Camp or at any time once she's on the squad (though the girl most likely has to do something really bad or embarrassing to be cut once she's on the squad).

I think that making the vets audition is a good thing because then they have no reason to get complacent or let things slide if they know they could get cut just as easily as the next girl, even if that next girl has never been on the squad before.  Most of the time, we see girls who come back just as good as the year before or better, but some girls get worse or focus on other things to the detriment of their chances on the squad.  Weight gain (whether due to complacency, lack of time, health reasons, etc,), personality issues, dance issues, etc.  We've seen all of these on the show before and, most of the time, the girls who are there by the skin of their teeth one year are gone the next. 

I'll be curious to see if Danielle makes it back this year.  She was cut and uncut last year (for a lot of reasons), but that sloppy solo and possible weight gain won't help her.  She may expect to make it back based on past history with the squad, but we've seen other vets (and some better than she is) get cut for lesser reasons (at least as far as I know).  If I went through what she went through last year, there would be no way I'd come back with a solo that bad and out of shape.  I'd make sure i was in the best shape possible and have an amazing solo, to prove that whatever happened last year was a fluke.  I'll have to wait and see on her.

From what I can tell, Breelan was another who made it on by the skin of her teeth.  She's another who should have worked her butt off over the past year to prove to them she deserves to be there.  She should be in amazing shape and come back with mad skills and an awesome routine to rock those judges back in their chairs and she didn't.  To me, she just looked average or below average and that's not where you want to be as a vet, especially on this team.

Cowboys Cheerleaders just posted a link announcing training camp candidates.  Tiege made it into camp. I didn't recognize the other girls standing.  Oddly, everyone was in a different outfit.  Not the blue outfit they gave to all the final candidates. 

EricaShadows - Danielle's foot injury happened two years ago, not last year.  She has not gained weight (calendar behind the scenes showed her in fighting shape) and I think her solo looked awesome.

• Love 1

I think a lot the vets are cut if and only the Gal who are auditioning are much better....all we have to go by is the videos we voted on....were 13 outstanding or are there more who could get. A vet cut who doesn't bring it

Cowboys Cheerleaders just posted a link announcing training camp candidates. Tiege made it into camp. I didn't recognize the other girls standing. Oddly, everyone was in a different outfit. Not the blue outfit they gave to all the final candidates.

EricaShadows - Danielle's foot injury happened two years ago, not last year. She has not gained weight (calendar behind the scenes showed her in fighting shape) and I think her solo looked awesome.

What link are you talking about?

Cowboys Cheerleaders just posted a link announcing training camp candidates.  Tiege made it into camp. I didn't recognize the other girls standing.  Oddly, everyone was in a different outfit.  Not the blue outfit they gave to all the final candidates. 

EricaShadows - Danielle's foot injury happened two years ago, not last year.  She has not gained weight (calendar behind the scenes showed her in fighting shape) and I think her solo looked awesome.

Link please? 

They have not announced TCC yet...still on the field. Love how when you look at the rows they have paired folks with same hair color and skin tone.

That way if they have several girls with the same look they can compare them side by side and choose the better candidate(s).

Getting on here late.  I agree that many of the vets lack the power that seems to be present in routines.  Poor choices in costumes(harken back to Erica who wore a man's shirt to hide her abdomen so I don't think those clothes are the best) and poor choices in music and choreography.  Wonder how those we have voted on have done?  Makes me hungry to see the program now.  They should have a contest for a fan or 2 to come observe the process.

(edited)

Hey everyone! I just jumped on and plowed through 3 pages of posts. lol

I agree with LaurenBrook, in that its difficult to judge a solo as amazing OR lackluster based on the few seconds we got to see. We got a few seconds out of a 90 second presentation. The camera angle was from one side, and we didn't see hardly any of their routines. There were some where the energy was caught right off: Melissa, Erica, etc. But most of what we saw was slower music and somewhat lyrical styles. This was a chance for the Vets to show off their dance skills rather than the DCC pom style. I'm good with that.

I was glad to see Ashley Pro venturing out and doing some dance moves to her usual gymnastic style. I'm interested in seeing the entire routine.  I liked Loran's moves too, the little I saw of them. I thought all the routines were fine, considering the small glimpse we got of them.  Just personally, I'm not going to judge the whole by the tidbit. Hopefully we'll get to see the routines in their entirety on the DCC website.  It seemed to me most of the Vets relied on several DCC moves for their routines rather than branching out and adding some serious dance moves like we saw in the couple of YouTube Vids of Sasha and Olivia Rene. 

Can't wait to see who made it to TC!

Edited by Kaedee

Just saw the solos. Caila really looks like she has improved! Interesting that she wore that exact same outfit for solos last year as well.

I counted at least 6 vets doing the arm whip/hip shake thing, and the crowd cheers right after every time. And Danielle did that move twice in her 12 second clip. Wtf?!

Jasmine has always been an awkward dancer to me, and she still is. Danielle looked extremely boring. My favorite vets were Jenna, Erica, Kinzie, Lacey.

The worst out of the bunch was Breelan. Horrible outfit, and boring, uninspiring choreo. She looks like she hasn't improved the slightest, unlike Caila. I guarantee that 3/4th of the rookie candidates could outdance her. (And are in better shape than her)

The worst out of the bunch was Breelan. Horrible outfit, and boring, uninspiring choreo. She looks like she hasn't improved the slightest, unlike Caila. I guarantee that 3/4th of the rookie candidates could outdance her. (And are in better shape than her)

I liked Caila too, I like almost all of them, from the little we saw. As for Breelan - I rather liked her program. The music was sassy, she was a bit saucy. The snippet was cute. I just thought she looked bottom-heavy, like her cheeks were falling out of the costume.

Just saw the solos. Caila really looks like she has improved! Interesting that she wore that exact same outfit for solos last year as well.

Very similar but not the same.

Last year was sleeveless and dark blue and paired with a longer skirt.

This year it is black, with sleeves and shorts with a "train"-esque skirt.

So happy to finally join the new tv forum!

I liked Loren, Jenna, Melissa and Jacie(?). Rachel was HORRIBLE others were bad but Rachel? It was like she was buffering in real life, so slow and clunky. But in all the girls are..weird dancers. I mean obviously they can dance being on that field is tough but at the same time they all were pretty much doing the exact same routines with different music and rearranged dance moves. I guess some of the moves are required or taught? I barely spotted any originality. 

I also sort of liked Danielle BUT I truly believe they keep her around for sex appeal.

• Love 1

Did Jennifer Alexis retire or not??

From Her DCC Twitter on April 16th:

Jennifer Alexis @DCC_Jennifer  ·  Apr 16

Can't believe it's time to wrap up my 3rd season cheering for the Cowboys!

Did anyone hear the background voice during Angela's solo? It sounded like Judy saying at one point, "Ohhhh, that was bad!" And then she went on to say, "...you have to make it look sexy". I don't know the song so I didn't know if that was Judy or the song lyrics.