Type keyword(s) to search

2015 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Does anyone follow Rose on any of the social media sites? If so, can you please tell me her screen name(s)?

I don't follow her but here's two of her accounts:

Facebook- Rose Hurwitz

Ice Angel Twitter- @AAIA_Rose

I don't know if she has a regular Twitter.

Kelli has often said that she feels that "character over cosmetics" or dance counted to her -- that a girl who may have been a little weaker as a dancer may be a positive influence for the team.  I always assumed [since I don't know any of these young women personally] that Jasmine was one of those people.  She has seemed like the type of person who worked hard, didn't complain, and was a good little soldier.  Danielle clearly has a strong fan base and the organization likes her as a representative (even if she is also a weaker dancer in comparison to most of her teammates) as they feature her as one of their glamour girls -- but she does NOT have a good poker face:  She will not put on a fake smile for the TCC photo; the season in which Chelsea was cut, you could see her simmering when called into the office for her weight (her eye brows did ALL the talking) and I'm pretty sure CMT cut away just as she was saying, "What the f***"?" when Chelsea was called in on her final night.  She is "real" -- a true New Yorker who isn't going to hold back ...and they obviously don't penalize her for it because she is still here.  Jasmine always seemed like more reserved and quiet when she met with criticism of problems and she had a good sense of humor.  

What I find so surprising is that with the squad losing SO MANY of their strong front girls/ cover girls and dancers, they let go of a 4 year vet.  I know they do have many super strong rookies (Melissa, Erica, Mary, Lacey) but I would expect that Jasmine would be a good mentor for the rookies -- maybe not as a dancer, but as a representative of the organization.  Best of luck to her; she just seems like a very sweet and genuine person.

Are most of Danielle's closer friends gone now? I think many of them retired already -- Jasmine's departure must be a huge blow to her.   

On more positive notes, just saw the photos released on the DCC website.  I have always had a girlcrush on Kinzie -- but the video snippit of her solo and the perfection of her lines/extensions in those photos is unbelievable.

I wished they showed more of Melissa's on the video -- but then they posted a still of her "in flight".  Holy crap.  That girl is just unreal.  Erica's photos looked amazing too.  Biggest surprise was Calia - she has grown up.  One still of her is absolutely gorgeous.  I'm glad that one of the girls that Kelli and Judy felt were a little more immature or undeveloped dug deep and found herself.

I am counting the days until summer vacation as the classroom gets hotter and hotter -- but I can't wait until September to see the new season!

• Love 2

thanks for posting links to pictures! Poor Ashley Pro's face in 206...I think she knew then :( 

Props to Jasmine for not falling apart! She looked sad in 212 but really OK in 215. I think Breelan and Ashley P are going to be a mess in their goodbyes, they both looked so upset.  I wonder if Jasmine kind of expected it every year too? I'm glad that she seems to have a great relationship with her bf. Maybe she will move closer to him and start a new chapter there.

And 227 breaks my heart!! Is that Judy facing Danielle?

Seeing Ashley's face made me think of Teri when she got cut. She was actually fighting back tears and eventually crying. I wonder who Jordan is talking to in #224?

I don't care for Colby; she's not that pretty and I think she will struggle in TC. She reminds me of Nina from season 6, the one Kelli called boring.

I just have to interject into many wide-ranging opinions, that;

1. I hated that Ashley P got cut. I think she has the look and heart of DCC. While she wasn't a strong dancer, she was a gymnast and tumbler, and those are important too.

2. I'm sorry Breelan couldn't overcome her scared/shocked/lost face. I think she's a beautiful girl with a very engaging smile. When she smiles, you want to smile back.

3. I think Jasmine should have been given her 4th year. In a season where nearly half the Vets retired, Jasmine - who was good enough for 3 years - should have been brought back. She's beautiful, looks like a sweet lady and toes the line. Plus, she's one of only 3 AA ladies on the team to add to the few others of obvious diversity. She shouldn't have been cut. I've seen posted here many times that she should never have been a DCC. But I think she brought everything needed. She certainly isn't the first weak dancer Kelli and even Judy has championed, and she won't be the last.

That's it!

• Love 5

I went through the photos of the finals and did not see a photo of Jasmine's solo.  Did I just miss it?

Calia caught in that mid air leap looks soooo much better than last year.

Felt bad for Christina sitting up front and watching everyone else get called.

Can't wait for the next season to begin!

I personally think Ashley Nicole looked a little TOO thin.  Jinelle is thin too but Ashley N looked almost skeletal to me.  I know she has always been skinny but I was a little taken aback.

I thought the same thing back during the calendar shoot.

• Love 2

Ummm what in the world?  Interesting.......Didn't know Ms Kitty pulled a "Phil"...

Untitled_zpslhnpawkq.jpg

Yeah it was posted upthread, but no one has time to sift through all the pages to find it lol

• Love 1
(edited)

Remember Jasmine also posted that pic that was (arguably) complaining about the cameras coming back...It was like a half joke. I think it was deleted. Wonder if that contributed at all.

Edited by ilovetrashtv

Does anyone know?:   When Kelly calls the names to invite the women into TC, are they in the order in which they scored (highest to lowest)?  If so, based on the photo gallery link posted by bigskygirl (the 200+), Kinzie, Erica, and Lacey were among the last in?  That just doesn't make sense to me.

Does anyone know?:   When Kelly calls the names to invite the women into TC, are they in the order in which they scored (highest to lowest)?  If so, based on the photo gallery link posted by bigskygirl (the 200+), Kinzie, Erica, and Lacey were among the last in?  That just doesn't make sense to me.

It's not.

• Love 1

Does anyone know?: When Kelly calls the names to invite the women into TC, are they in the order in which they scored (highest to lowest)? If so, based on the photo gallery link posted by bigskygirl (the 200+), Kinzie, Erica, and Lacey were among the last in? That just doesn't make sense to me.

I think Danielle was called first. Pics are not in the actual sequence of how it played out.

• Love 2

Pink317 - speak for yourself.  The DCC has a lot of fans in CA!!

Being a DCC really only means something in Dallas where the girls are 'famous'. Claims to fame come a dime a dozen in CA. I wasn't talking about fans. I'm interested in seeing what she does in CA because being a DCC does not hold that much value here.

@DCCFAN71 Rose has an instagram but she post very little i think she has maybe 30 pics , but she is one of faves i hope she makes it

• Love 1

Was looking at Ice Angel/Training Camp Candidate, Stephanie's pictures... Is that huge thing on her back a tattoo?

https://instagram.com/p/x3KZUQMLzL/

Wow it certainly does look like a tattoo. It's huge, I wonder what Kelli would think of it. Luckily though I think the uniform would cover it so won't be such a problem during field performances if she made it. But still it's not a nice tattoo and so big.

Wow it certainly does look like a tattoo. It's huge, I wonder what Kelli would think of it. Luckily though I think the uniform would cover it so won't be such a problem during field performances if she made it. But still it's not a nice tattoo and so big.

It has to be covered in their practice wear as well, in which they wear strappy sports bras. I'm sure she covers it with concealer so it should be fine. She just has to be careful not to sweat it off haha

• Love 1

Kinzie have been on SG since her rookie year

I figured! I never know who is on SG unless they show it on MTT lol  But there's no way she couldn't be, unless she chose not to try out. New respect for her, for sure!

MrsEVH answered your question at the top of the page. :)

MrsEVH answered my question about Rose not Robin.

Her twitter & Instagram are both @Robindaniellee don't know about Facebook as I don't have that.

Thanks so much!

• Love 1
(edited)

Jenna, Kinzie, Angela, Lacey, Melissa, Erica and Danielle were my favorite solos.

Outfits: Erica, Rachel, Caila, Lacey and Kinzie

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 1
(edited)

Rachel's was definitely my favorite of the vets! Erica's top was gorgeous! Sometimes I liked Kinzie's but it looked like a nightie at times too...Loved Caila's also!! It was kind of trendy but very classy looking too. She could pull off a paper bag tho. 

ETA I also really like Jinelle's! Not the leg warmers so much lol but close up pics of the rest of it...gorgeous!

Edited by LaurenBrook

Kinzie is such an amazing dancer.  Sometimes I think her talents are kind of lost in the DCC.  The choreo does not do her justice - "sexy hips" is just a waste of her talent IMO.  There are many girls that are too good for the choreography.  It's disappointing.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Kinzie is such an amazing dancer.  Sometimes I think her talents are kind of lost in the DCC.  The choreo does not do her justice - "sexy hips" is just a waste of her talent IMO.  There are many girls that are too good for the choreography.  It's disappointing.  

ITA, IMHO quite a few girls are "slumming it" being DCC but its their choice and I respect it. Samantha auditioned for Juilliard for goodness sakes. I'm sure Melissa has been dancing professionally and competitively since birth. DCC are lucky to have some of these ladies and not the other way around despite what K&J might insinuate.

Edited by pink317
  • Love 3

Yeah, I remember reading something on Melissa where she represented the USA in an international competition and WON.  So it's definitely awesome that they come take part in the DCC organization.  I didn't realize Samantha was so talented!

• Love 1

Yeah, I remember reading something on Melissa where she represented the USA in an international competition and WON. So it's definitely awesome that they come take part in the DCC organization. I didn't realize Samantha was so talented!

Yeah Samantha danced professionally since she was 11. She only auditioned for DCC after Juilliard fell through

Yeah Samantha danced professionally since she was 11. She only auditioned for DCC after Juilliard fell through

Does Julliard allow you to audition as many times as you want? I'm thinking maybe she tried out again.

I just have to interject into many wide-ranging opinions, that;

1. I hated that Ashley P got cut. I think she has the look and heart of DCC. While she wasn't a strong dancer, she was a gymnast and tumbler, and those are important too.

2. I'm sorry Breelan couldn't overcome her scared/shocked/lost face. I think she's a beautiful girl with a very engaging smile. When she smiles, you want to smile back.

3. I think Jasmine should have been given her 4th year. In a season where nearly half the Vets retired, Jasmine - who was good enough for 3 years - should have been brought back. She's beautiful, looks like a sweet lady and toes the line. Plus, she's one of only 3 AA ladies on the team to add to the few others of obvious diversity. She shouldn't have been cut. I've seen posted here many times that she should never have been a DCC. But I think she brought everything needed. She certainly isn't the first weak dancer Kelli and even Judy has championed, and she won't be the last.

That's it!

Amen!!!! Totally agree with every word!!

• Love 3

Someone mentioned up thread that Kelli wants a team of 36. Does anyone know why she has decided to not have a team of 40 the last couple of years? Is it really because they don't have enough lockers?

Someone mentioned up thread that Kelli wants a team of 36. Does anyone know why she has decided to not have a team of 40 the last couple of years? Is it really because they don't have enough lockers?

I bet it is the budget.