Type keyword(s) to search

Killian Jones/Captain Hook: One Handed Pirate With A Drinking Problem

• Start Topic

I doubt we'll ever see anything about the outrunning of the curse and the bean/ship trade and trip to New York because I can't see how it would affect the current plot more than it already has, unless there's something else that happened during that time that will turn out to be relevant.

Yeah, we are never going to see that, or anything related to his childhood, his time in the Navy or his time in Neverland. A&E doesn't care about him as an individual character. For them he is only Emma's love/Rumple's foil, so unless is something related to Rumple/Regina/the villain du jour, I don't expect much backstory. I want it, but I don't expect it.

• Love 2

Didn't Hook tell Bae that his father left him on board a ship? Obviously the sailors would have little time to babysit around their duties, but he wasn't completely alone either. Perhaps one of the other passengers interceded on his behalf.

(edited)

Yeah, we are never going to see that, or anything related to his childhood, his time in the Navy or his time in Neverland. A&E doesn't care about him as an individual character. 

They did have two episodes ("The Jolly Roger", "Poor Unfortunate Soul") with Hook wrestling with his inner demons and overcoming them, so I do think they see him as an individual character, at least once in a while, in between being Emma's love interest and Rumple's foil.  Emma was peripheral in the Hook/Ursula backstory and even the current fallout.  Contrast this to Snowing's big bad secret which was completely about creating drama with Emma and not about Snow or Charming or their internal struggles.  

I think Hook's limited use with the exception of one or two meaty centrics per season is more beneficial to his character and keeps him undamaged for the most part.  On this show, too much screentime can be a very bad thing, and A&E like him enough to not make him a prop to the level of Henry, Snow, Charming or Robin.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

I wish I didn't love Emma and Hook so much as individuals and as a couple because it would be that much easier for me to quit this bitch.

This. So much this.

I think Hook's limited use with the exception of one or two meaty centrics per season is more beneficial to his character and keeps him undamaged for the most part.  On this show, too much screentime can be a very bad thing, and A&E like him enough to not make him a prop to the level of Henry, Snow, Charming or Robin.

Also a valid point.

^ A&E are freaking blessed to have him on the show. So, not only does Colin improvise one of the most beloved and popular CS scenes in the history of the show, then writers then go and rip it off to give OQ something similar in the s4. Sounds like Colin needs a pay raise, imo.

• Love 3

I don't believe he meant/said he improvised the whole scene, just the stage directions, bandage her hand and since he has a hook used his mouth to tighten.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't believe he meant/said he improvised the whole scene, just the stage directions, bandage her hand and since he has a hook used his mouth to tighten.

Oh yeah, but that's what made it more emotionally charged and memorable. It was probably the only logical choice to make, but staring at her while he did it was so hot.

Edited by OnceUponAJen
  • Love 3

Him using his mouth is what made it memorable. It's why whatever Sean did to replicate the scene wouldn't even compare. And that look Emma gives Hook while he does it? Yeah that scene had me on shipper alert for those two.

• Love 5

I can believe he improvised the mouth thing--didn't he say once that the writers keep forgetting he has only one hand, and he occasionally figure out either out to do it with the hand and hook, or tell them "This isn't going to work."?

• Love 2

I was about to say jeans tag because I have a new pair of Levi's that has a ridiculously long blue tag in exactly that spot, and if I'm not careful to tuck it in, it sticks above my waistband like that. In fact, it seems to be attached in a way that its natural position is sticking up like that, so it will work itself up even if I do tuck it in. Apparently, I need to know the fiber content and care instructions in every single language used on earth, and on a few of the closest planets. It's practically a scroll.

I would say that more research is required, but that would make me feel like a dirty old woman.

• Love 2
(edited)

Can we get a digital enhancement of the video frame by frame....for science?

Already been done on tumblr along with someone posting a picture of their Levi's with the long tag in the front. Never underestimate the investigative power of fangirls. Seriously, if cancer became the next villain with a heart of gold, they would be able to find a cure in months. ;)

[says the person who spent an inordinate amount of time on tumblr today telling people off for making fun of JMo]

Edited by sharky
  • Love 1
Seriously, if cancer became the next villain with a heart of gold, they would be able to find a cure in months. ;)

Or ship the hell out of it and destroy anything that might cure it.

It's a Levi's jeans tag.  I've worn them long enough to recognize it.  And hey, it's not an awful pair of skinny jeans!  Men should not wear skinny jeans...EVER!

• Love 3

And I believe jeans tag/tattoo-gate is still more proof that there's very little to talk about between seasons, given what happened last season and the setup for next season. We don't have a lot to work with here.

• Love 1
(edited)

Already been done on tumblr along with someone posting a picture of their Levi's with the long tag in the front. Never underestimate the investigative power of fangirls. Seriously, if cancer became the next villain with a heart of gold, they would be able to find a cure in months. ;)

[says the person who spent an inordinate amount of time on tumblr today telling people off for making fun of JMo]

Oh believe me, I have respect for the individual and collective powers of fangirls! And if you pull up your shirt in the midst of them, you've just got to expect it. Edited by OnceUponAJen
  • Love 1

OK, what movie do we think this is? My only thought is either a Marvel movie or the new Star Wars movie. I mean, it obviously wouldn't be a big part because he would've had to film it over a break in Once, but it's possible, right? And no one in Star Wars can talk about anything related to Star Wars -- even those people who are confirmed to be in the movie so....

Wishful thinking on my part. I know, I know.

There's a movie called The Foreigner.  Seems in pre-production right now.

A restaurant owner in London's Chinatown is forced to push his moral and physical boundaries to track down the group of rogue Irish terrorists responsible for the death of his beloved daughter after the justice system fails him.

It could fit.  It seems Colin wants to stay as close to home base as possible during hiatus.  Movie sounds incredibly cheesy.

(edited)

Well, he's had practice playing flat-out evil, so I could see him working it as an Irish terrorist whom you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley.  The most dangerous ones are the ones who are as handsome as he is because they can charm you without even trying.  That's what makes it so easy for them to stab you in the back (literally, even!) without even so much as blinking.

Then again, we could all be talking out of our backsides, for all we know.  When he's given the green light to talk about his movie, he will.  He's never been shy about letting his fans know what he's up to when the time is right.

Edited by legaleagle53
(edited)

Here there is a transcript of part of the interview, and it seems like he is going to need A&E's permission to do the film. If they are going to underuse him like they did last season I hope they let him do the film.

“If we can make it work then it will be fantastic. But you know I’m contracted to the show and I’m having a blast on OUAT, so you know, whatever happens next I kind of just I’ll take everything as it comes.”

Edited by RadioGirl27

Yea, but that break isn't long. I'm assuming he's trying to make it work similar to what Robert did in season 3 where he died and wasn't around for the first few episodes of season 4B. Colin seems like he's more on a level with Josh Dallas than Robert though, and Josh was replaced as Fandral in the Thor sequel, but I'm not sure how much that had to do with the schedule being too intense or too hard to work around.

So, I was listening to the interview that came out this morning with Colin and that Ryan guy and at the end of the interview the interviewer said something about talking him later about the late late show. I was intrigued and went to the guys facebook page and one of the comments mentioned that Colin was going to be on that show.Seems that that guy also hosts a late night show and seems that Colin will be a guest. So anyone Irish know about this. Reading the comment it seems weird that alot of the listeners didnt know that Colin was on the show or that he was Irish.

So, I was listening to the interview that came out this morning with Colin and that Ryan guy and at the end of the interview the interviewer said something about talking him later about the late late show. I was intrigued and went to the guys facebook page and one of the comments mentioned that Colin was going to be on that show.Seems that that guy also hosts a late night show and seems that Colin will be a guest. So anyone Irish know about this. Reading the comment it seems weird that alot of the listeners didnt know that Colin was on the show or that he was Irish.

How would they NOT know he's Irish with that brogue of his?  Are they earless?

Or get knocked to the ground constantly ;)

If it's a Jackie Chan movie, you can expect someone to be dumped from the 115th floor of a building instead after he had a table broken over his head right when he managed dodged the chair that came flying at him 15 seconds before.

I have a quick question regarding a line from season 3 before Hook took Henry to see the stars and showed him how to use the sextant...I've struggled to understand that line a lot, so I don't know if someone can offer some insight.

"It could help the boy make peace with his father's passing...and me."

I never got why he said the "and me".  Hook and Henry didn't really hang out after he was rescued in Neverland,  Hook said one line to Henry when he mentioned he could have the Captain's quarters.  Then the curse happened and I just don't get why Henry would have needed to make peace with Hook especially since there Hook and Emma weren't happening right then and there.

Anyone?

(edited)

I have a quick question regarding a line from season 3 before Hook took Henry to see the stars and showed him how to use the sextant...I've struggled to understand that line a lot, so I don't know if someone can offer some insight.

"It could help the boy make peace with his father's passing...and me."

I never got why he said the "and me". Hook and Henry didn't really hang out after he was rescued in Neverland, Hook said one line to Henry when he mentioned he could have the Captain's quarters. Then the curse happened and I just don't get why Henry would have needed to make peace with Hook especially since there Hook and Emma weren't happening right then and there.

Anyone?

I think he meant it would also help him (Hook) make peace with Baelfire's death. Edited by OnceUponAJen
  • Love 4

I think he meant it would also help him (Hook) make peace with Baelfire's death.

This is how I interpreted the line. Talking about Bae to his son would help Hook get closure.

• Love 1
(edited)

Apparently Colin told fans at a M&G that the hook weight 8 kg (which works out to almost 18 pounds!). That seems excessive to me. I seem to remember him saying at one point that they had three different hooks, so that must be the one he said was really heavy & could do some damage.

So they had this man running around in a 50-pound coat carrying an 18-pound hook.

ETA: Particularly fun fan pics with Colin.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1
I thought that too at first and then got completely confused with the way the line was written.

I think it was written awkwardly, but it made sense with the delivery. The way he said it was like "I can help Henry! And, um, I kind of need this, too." Which is interesting because he could very easily have just acted like it was all for Henry rather than admitting any selfish motives and therefore made himself look better to Emma, but he was up front with the fact that he needed to talk about Bae, and he thought it would help both him and Henry. They've been pretty good with showing just how badly Neal's death shattered Hook, whether it's scripted or just Colin remembering to look like he's been kicked in the gut every time he sees a picture of Neal or Neal is mentioned. It just would have been nice if we'd ever seen any of that relationship to understand more of where that's coming from -- was it just because Bae was Milah's son or did they develop their own relationship, was it mutual or one-sided, etc.

It just would have been nice if we'd ever seen any of that relationship to understand more of where that's coming from -- was it just because Bae was Milah's son or did they develop their own relationship, was it mutual or one-sided, etc.

I gather they were planning on building some kind of a relationship between Neal and Hook (maybe have them talk about the past more extensively), but Colin went skiing and broke his leg the day before he and MRJ were set to film their first scenes together. 

I was super disappointed that we got nearly nothing out of that relationship.  They gave us that line in "Quiet Minds" when Neal was about to leave the hospital and Hook hugs him and he basically tells him that he never forgot (his time with Hook).  They must've been really close.