Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E16: Tom Keen

• Start Topic

As evidence mounts against Liz in the case of the murdered DC Harbormaster, a federal judge makes it clear to her that she will face severe criminal charges. Reddington and Ressler jump into high gear to exonerate Liz but the only solution is to find the recently vanished Tom Keen - wherever he may be operating in world.

I'm looking forward to this, because Tom has become one of the show's most interesting characters. Hopefully this doesn't mean he's not long for this show.

Agreed.  As long as god forbid, we never see Liz/Tom enjoy 'reconciliations."  But I would like him as a lingering villain character whose past relationship with Lizzie has a way of stirring the plot...like Lena Olin's SpyMommy on Alias.

And I really, REALLY like the idea of seeing more of Tom/Red and Tom/Kessler.  The latter he could (amusingly) eat for breakfast but he and the former always look like a pair of cobras circling each other in the rink. 

• Love 3

And then lied about it to the nice judge, as well as giving false testimony to the FBI. So, at the very least accessory after the fact, although considering that she was holding Tom hostage, also kidnapper. Whatever Ressler's drug-addled thinking is, if it weren't for Lizzie that man would be alive and with his family. Of course, it took her what, a week to get past Red killing her dad, so that probably doesn't mean much to her.

Looking forward to seeing the FBI try to explain to the nice judge why they should let Tom go for national security reasons.

• Love 1

Is every episode title supposed to be the name of a Blacklister?

Commercials for this ep say Tom is on top of Red's Blacklist now so, I guess that's a yes.

And then lied about it to the nice judge, as well as giving false testimony to the FBI.

Even more confusing will be when the man Lizzie said she killed in self-defense (heh, right) shows up to say HE killed the Harbormaster. So Lizzie will go from double murderer to just a plain old perjurer. 

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1

Something tells me the “trial” is never going to happen. Red or Tom or someone else is going to dig up some dirt on the judge or the detective forcing it to be thrown out. Nothing is ever straightforward on this hiwm

Something tells me the “trial” is never going to happen. Red or Tom or someone else is going to dig up some dirt on the judge or the detective forcing it to be thrown out. Nothing is ever straightforward on this hiwm

Nice call, pretty close. It was just the feds throwing their weight around.

But one thing, Blacklist, don't try to get into any heady discussion about the need for classified ops vs. Gov't transparency. You're not built for it. You're built to meet creepy villains and have Red be two steps ahead of everybody else.

Edited by AimingforYoko
  • Love 1

That was an underwhelming follow-up to last week's clip show.

Yet another Blacklister goes free (how did Tom Keen rate No. 7), and absolutely nothing happens to Lizzie regarding the murder charges or perjury charges or anything else for that matter.  Big yawn ...... since anyone with a pulse knew there would be no consequences.

• Love 2

Yet another Blacklister goes free (how did Tom Keen rate No. 7), and absolutely nothing happens to Lizzie regarding the murder charges or perjury charges or anything else for that matter.  Big yawn ...... since anyone with a pulse knew there would be no consequences.

Fair assessment.  But I do consider this the death knell for the "Red is Liz's father school of thought."  It's obvious his original interest in her stemmed from a sense of guilt about his involvement in the fire but he's not her biological dad.

I'm glad the guy from the AG said what we all were thinking, and what Cooper should have, how the hell does a Circuit Court Judge think he can deal with classified issues.

Also, at some point so on wthe Red Lizzie thing needs to be revealed.

• Love 2
That was an underwhelming follow-up to last week's clip show.

I say that's an achievement right there - an underwhelming follow-up to a clip show. That's not easy to do!

I'm glad the guy from the AG said what we all were thinking, and what Cooper should have, how the hell does a Circuit Court Judge think he can deal with classified issues.

I loved the crime the AG guy was going to charge the judge with - "compelling federal agents to divulge classified information pertaining to national security". Compelling! All the guy did was ask, whose fault is it that the agents turned out to be dumb enough to think they have to answer? Seriously though, can it be a crime to ask a question?

• Love 4

Where do I send my money to order a (hopefully extended) copy of the Tom Keen Workout video?

This show could stand to use a whole more of Tom doing pushups shirtless.  Heck make that half the episodes.  That's all.

• Love 8

Where do I send my money to order a (hopefully extended) copy of the Tom Keen Workout video?

This show could stand to use a whole more of Tom doing pushups shirtless.  Heck make that half the episodes.  That's all.

I asked over in the Tom Keen topic, but will reissue my plea here - can someone get us a gif of that? I would be SOOOO grateful....

Yet another Blacklister goes free (how did Tom Keen rate No. 7)

Honestly, I was wondering that myself.  Have they ever explained the numbers for The Blacklisters?  Is it an actual ranking?  Because, why is Tom way up at No. 7?  If they are basing it on who is most dangerous, there are plenty who are worst then him, so that can't be it.  Is it just who Red considers the biggest threat to him?

So, yeah, all of this Lizzie on trial stuff, was a waste.  Basically, Tom comes in and confesses, Harold's "buddy" swoops in and basically threatens the judge to drop everything, the judge folds like a chair, and then Tom is secretly freed, in order to protect the team.  Oh, and Lizzie feel guilty enough to at least start a fund to help the victim's daughter.  That makes it all better!

Actually, Lizzie did almost kill Harold, which is kind of funny.  Who knew yelling at Lizzie for being a dumbass could be so dangerous?!

James Spader was great in the final scene though.

• Love 2

I loved the crime the AG guy was going to charge the judge with - "compelling federal agents to divulge classified information pertaining to national security". Compelling! All the guy did was ask, whose fault is it that the agents turned out to be dumb enough to think they have to answer? Seriously though, can it be a crime to ask a question?

No. You forgot "...with the threat of incarceration." Of course Liz had to answer. The judge threatened her to do so. The Judge's crime was using his power seeking for classified information he was not privy to.

• Love 3

Nice call, pretty close. It was just the feds throwing their weight around.

But one thing, Blacklist, don't try to get into any heady discussion about the need for classified ops vs. Gov't transparency. You're not built for it. You're built to meet creepy villains and have Red be two steps ahead of everybody else.

Wow. Can't believe I got it so close...maybe I should be a Blacklist writer. :p

One thing I would say is that I believe this show could be a wonderful show to explore "what does it mean to 'do the right thing'?" The entire premise involves pairing one of the world's most dangerous criminals with one of the world's most respected crime fighting units (the FBI), so it's perfect to explore the question about "which way is the right way to justice- the legal side or the illegal side?" Unfortunately, the series dropped the ball by making the FBI essentially useless, so we're almost likely to never see the "legal" side ever score a real triumph. Even if one episode did show the FBI's methods succeeding over Red, I'm afraid we're in too deep on the "Red always wins" side that a FBI victory would just appear hollow.

Which is kind of what I feel about this episode. I liked it. I liked it a lot. Maybe on a better written series, it'd be a "game-changer", something that gets the viewer to ask questions and wonder whether or not everything they knew about the world they lived in can still apply. Unfortunately, on this show, the bad guys seem to always be the winners with all the right tools and gadgets, with the good guys just essentially going along for the ride and getting used.

We didn't see much on this show that we hadn't seen before. An episode before we had the FBI kidnap someone because Red needed to interrogate him. Lizzie spent the first half of this season holding Tom hostage and basically allowing him to kill Eugene Ames (thanks show, for pounding his name into my head!). We've had Ressler break his thumb just so he could get some prescription drugs to feed his addiction. Then we've had Cooper interfere with not just this "trial" but also another trial, at Tom Connolly's behest, all in exchange for a "favour", as well as Cooper at least threatening a man in interrogation with violence by turning the camera off.

(An aside- it's interesting that the prospective Attorney General who saved Tom was also named Tom...makes me wonder if that was done on purpose)

That was just Season 2 (I'm sure I missed a few points but I'm tired). Season 1 saw Lizzie and Ressler join forces to steal a diplomat's credentials just to engage in their own heist. Ressler then forced his friend to commit seppuku at gunpoint after his friend caused the death of his just reconciled-with ex-fiance. Meera Malik and her obsession with "enhanced interrogation techniques"- and the theft of classified information right off of Cooper's desk. Lizzie with the kidnapping and fights with her then husband Tom. Then finally there's the reveal in "The Judge" where the Cooper of Season 2 wasn't out of character, literally beating a confession out of Alan Ray Rifkin.

...and we haven't started with all the things that Red has done that the FBI just, well, "allows" to happen. There's just so much blood on everyone's hands that it may be understandable if the viewers are little confused as to who "the good guys" really are.

Which is why this whole "he has a name! It's Eugene Ames!" business rings rather hollow. The show has spared no expense to cast just about anyone- male or female- as simply a pawn in Red's game, with the lives of characters being rather irrelevant. I suppose one could argue that the poignancy of Ames' name being pounded into our heads is the show's way of perhaps acknowledging its past faults, but there's nothing to suggest that it's going to start getting seriously reflective and make everyone- Red included- wonder why death and destruction is the only answer. Next week, we're going to go back to ruthless killing with everyone shooting first and asking questions later, without anyone learning the lesson that the people they're killing actually had lives that need to be respected.

Not that I think the "mindless action" is a bad thing- it just wouldn't be an "action" drama if people weren't getting killed left right and centre- I'm just not sure it's really a great venue to lecture people about the importance of human life, considering that the show has been so cavalier about respecting those lives before and likely will in the future, rendering all this "Eugene Ames" stuff unimportant.

Okay, maybe in all of this there's a great "character moment" for Lizzie where she learns, upon going along the path to being a criminal, that she can't feel too guilty about the people she killed...but something tells me she already knows this meaning we really didn't need a whole, elaborate "Harbourmaster plot" to drive this point home. A single episode where she blows away someone and later regrets it would have had the exact same impact.

I did like seeing Tom Keen. I'm starting to think he's the show's most compelling character since you never really get a sense of who he really is, except for the idea that, deep down inside, he just might be the only one who really has a conscience in all of this. He may be a career criminal and he may have a lot of blood on his hands- but he seems to be the textbook definition of "I need to do what I need to do" given his selfless act for Lizzie (sure he was goaded but I got the impression that he was going to do it anyway) and how much he tells Lizzie to be wary of Red, as opposed to Red who may have moral objectives but absolutely no issues with committing heinous acts.

I also liked seeing Reed Birney (Connolly) and John Finn (Justice Richard Denner) square off- there was a lot of sparks there and that helped liven the episode. I also thought, as a stand-alone episode, it was very effective at writing the internal struggles in the pursuit of justice, with Denner's headstrong pursuit of justice in the killing of Ames, Lizzie's acknowledgement that her act was wrong and her wish to atone for it, Connolly and Cooper both fighting to maintain the integrity of their investigations and finally Red telling Lizzie she's not donating to Ames' daughter's college fund out of genuine remose but really to assuage her own guilt. It was well-written, all of it (except for some pacing issues), since no one was ever really painted as "right" (well, Red was never shown to be "wrong" but he was more of a support player in all of this, not a key contributor). I almost think you could base a wonderful pilot off of this episode, because if you wanted to do a show where you truly do explore "right vs. wrong", this episode was a great way to start.

Problem is, this was an episode for this show, and while it may be poignant, it just doesn't ring true. I might rememeber Eugene Ames after this- but will the show?

No. You forgot "...with the threat of incarceration." Of course Liz had to answer. The judge threatened her to do so. The Judge's crime was using his power seeking for classified information he was not privy to.

Nah. He's allowed to ask. Some random apparatchik showing up in court and saying the magic words national security doesn't shut down a murder trial. It's her responsibility to say no, and to go to jail if necessary while the lawyers sort it out. Unfortunately, he was putting pressure on someone who imagines that "as long as I'm not inconvenienced" counts as a principle.

Of course, if there was such a course of action, which there really, really isn't, they didn't need Tom. They needed tough FBI bureaucrat lady to point out in open court that what Judge Nosy was suggesting was illegal and call in her attack dog _before_ Agent Leaky monotoned her way into his office unsupervised.

After Lizzie's feisty little speech about how she didn't feel bad that she was a kidnapper and accessory after fact to the murder of an innocent law enforcement officer - not that Megan Boone would have the skills to convey guilt - I really want her in prison. That's the only thing this episode accomplished for me.

I do wonder how Red got Liz' family killed.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 4

I wish they would kill Lizzie off at the end of this season.  Then next season they could have Red and Tom working together to find out who killed her and they could still knock off some black-listers along the way.

• Love 11

That's such BS. Newspaper reporters GO TO JAIL for not revealing their sources. Some judge tells Lizzie she could go to jail and she sings like a canary about "national security issues." So much for her being a tough kick ass.

When Cooper came in and started yelling at Lizzie about how he lied for her and was so disappointed in her, I wanted the next words out of his mouth to be: "YOU'RE FIRED." Because an officer worker can get canned for stealing paper clips. Lizzie should have been fired in a heartbeat for all she did while using her FBI badge and gun and powers invested in her.

Then Cooper recovers and gets all google eyed about how Lizzie was/is so promising and he missed the sweet young thing she used to be ... holy cr*p, that was cringeworthy. Made me totally feel like they were having an office romance. That sure came out of left field. And felt SO totally yucky. Now we know why Lizzie keeps her job in spite of her ineptitude in nearly everything she does.

I hated this episode. The ending left me feeling hollow and hopeless, because it's probably pretty true, that jerks like that guy at the end (I do not have a clue who he was) can pressure/blackmail the legal system just because he can, to stop any investigation just because he can.

I did like Red's speech at the end though. Seems like he's sorry he got involved with Lizzie now.

For a few minutes we did get the Red/Donald/Dembe show. So that part was fine with me. More of that, please.

Biggest disappointment: Lizzie is still alive, not in jail, and still on this show. 

ETA: While I agree with Julia that Lizzie belongs in prison, I'm sure Red would find some way to get her out. So I vote for this idea from molshoop: 

I wish they would kill Lizzie off at the end of this season.
Edited by saber5055
  • Love 2

At this point, I can't see the need for the character of Lizzie anymore.  The show started off with her being Red's way into the FBI to start work on his list, but now he's in, isn't he?  Would it really matter if the character of Lizzie disappeared?  To me it's not just a matter of the actress not being up to making the character interesting to watch, it's also partly that the character has gone so far off the rails that the show is not helped much if any by her being in the cast of characters.  

Or have the writers made the character such a trainwreck because Megan Boone can't act well enough to make a more subtle characterization possible? She seems to have only two expressions - resting face, brows level, mouth open; and concerned/angry/scared/puzzled face with the inner side of the brows slightly lifted, mouth usually open, sometimes closed.  Maybe there's a small smile once in a while.  And she is just so overshadowed by every single other actor in the cast, most especially by James Spader, of course. Either way, whatever way, I think it would be a better show without her.  

• Love 4

Calamity, I agree with you that Lizzie is not needed in any way, shape or form.

Here's my script for the last episode: Tom keeps calling Lizzie on his (untraceable, evidently) cell phone. Lizzie is convinced he still loves her, because she still loves him. We know this because she doesn't tell anyone he's calling her nor does she trace his cell pings, which Aram could easily do in a heartbeat.

So, Tom and Lizzie arrange to meet for a tryst at a secret out-of-the-way romantic setting to renew their physical vows of marriage.

Tom kills her.

End of season two.

Writers: You do not need to give me a percentage or pay for this idea in any way. Just promise you'll do it.

p.s. Then Donald joins with Red and Dembe to avenge Lizzie's murder. Hot!

• Love 7

I disagree. I think Liz is just as necessary a character as Red because the Liz-Red relationship is central to the show. There are a lot of fans invested in that relationship and it's what drives a lot of Red's motivations, including the Blacklist itself

• Love 5

I wanted to comment after watching this episode but I can't recall anything happening. Instead, I remember another hour of the same arguments they were having last week. The AG-in-waiting just shut it down. I don't even think Tom needed to be there, especially since they just let him out after he confessed to a murder.

I guess we did learn a few things:

Ressler's clever disguise to hide the fact that he looks like a cop? He announces that he is a cop. Just once I'd like someone to say he looks like Uncle Mike from Homeland instead.

It's okay to go overseas and shoot criminals dead, as long as they are neo-nazis who also deal in drugs and guns.

Cooper's cover is that he is pre-diabetic! This will lead to hilarious scenes where Aram brings a cake to work and Cooper has to pretend he can't have any!

Red is only doing these things for Lizzie because he feels guilty about the past. But he is starting to wish she had died in that fire.

• Love 5

Hey, did anyone else catch Spader's shout out to Step 9 of the Alcoholics Anonymous 12-Step Program, "Make direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others"? That's the step his character, Jason "Stanky" Hanky, was on during Spader's Seinfeld appearance in 1997. Recovering alcoholic Spader (Hanky) was apologizing to everyone except George, who ruined one of Hanky's sweaters with his "giant head." The episode talked about "Step 9" throughout.

It's a great episode if you can catch it on reruns or Amazon.

• Love 6
Hey, did anyone else catch Spader's shout out to Step 9 of the Alcoholics Anonymous 12-Step Program, "Make direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others"? That's the step his character, Jason "Stanky" Hanky, was on during Spader's Seinfeld appearance in 1997. Recovering alcoholic Spader (Hanky) was apologizing to everyone except George, who ruined one of Hanky's sweaters with his "giant head." The episode talked about "Step 9" throughout.

It's a great episode if you can catch it on reruns or Amazon.

That had to be purely intentional reference back to Seinfeld.

I was waiting for Red to mention something about a stretched neckhole.   Now where's the rum raisin ice cream.

• Love 2

I disagree. I think Liz is just as necessary a character as Red because the Liz-Red relationship is central to the show. There are a lot of fans invested in that relationship and it's what drives a lot of Red's motivations, including the Blacklist itself

If she is deemed necessary to driving the plot, then I wish they would please, please, please find someone else to play the character.  There are so many good actors on this show -- how did they pick such a weak one for this central character?   

• Love 2

When Ressler told Red he was going with him to Germany the DH said "oh gawd no don't send him. He's the worst agent ever...he will get captured AGAIN, dragged AGAIN and stuffed in a cage AGAIN." So true...they made bad ass Ressler into comical sidekick Ressler.

Speaking of ass, those were some interesting push ups. Is this equal opportunity gratuitous sexualization?? Why thank you.....

I didn't think Tom had it in him to be so edgy and manic im Deutschland but then soft and...Tom Keen-like again in the courtroom. He IS a chameleon.

Edited by HappyDancex2
  • Love 3

If she is deemed necessary to driving the plot, then I wish they would please, please, please find someone else to play the character. There are so many good actors on this show -- how did they pick such a weak one for this central character?

I personally think Megan Boone does a fine job as Lizzie and I love her scenes with Spader.

• Love 5

I personally think Megan Boone does a fine job as Lizzie and I love her scenes with Spader.

Mileage always varies on things like this. 

I will say that I think that unless you enjoy Megan Boone's performance and you're tuning in because you enjoy it, this show can be extremely painful to watch for long stretches. Which is fortunate for you, but not so much for the rest of us.

• Love 4

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RA2_W8Ofm34/VQC9LH8WsrI/AAAAAAABo3Q/OT94l_m4rWY/s1600/The%2BBlacklist%2B-%2BEpisode%2B2.16%2B-%2BTom%2BKeen%2B-%2BPromotional%2BPhoto.jpg

I would hit that with a vengeance. 

I want John Finn back.  He was awesome as hell. 

Tom in love with Liz was expected and I have no problem with it.  I find it sadly ironic that he really fell for her. 

I now have a bad feeling that Red was responsible for the fire. 

Edited by moviewhore
  • Love 2

Speaking of ass, those were some interesting push ups. Is this equal opportunity gratuitous sexualization?? Why thank you.....

I will point out that this show has actually been fairly even with the male and female “fanservice”- in addition to shirtless Ressler and Tom, we've also had Lizzie in her underwear a few times during the series (the latest being 2.01), Samar Navabi in that tiny, low-cut black tank top in 2.01 and Lizzie's “body double” sending a message to the sniper wearing nothing but a black bra and panties.

So, while maybe one could criticize the show for gratuitous sexualization (I'm not...it could be worse), at least no one can say that it's only been one gender that's been the target of it.

Edited by Danielg342

I was waiting for Red to mention something about a stretched neckhole.   Now where's the rum raisin ice cream.

Oh, Otto, you did truly make me laugh. And I thank you for that.

So, while maybe one could criticize the show for gratuitous sexualization

As the gratuitous old person ("Git off my lawn!") on this thread who really notices and objects to gratuitous sexualization, nothing on this show has ever bothered me. Lizzie in her hospital black undies only sparked a conversation here as to whether she has a fat ass. And Lizzie in her underwear at Red's auction only made me comment that thank goodness she owns colors other than black. And frankly,Tom's push ups could have been a bit more clearly shown ala Oliver Queen and his salmon ladder. Then I could have judged better as to whether I was offended by his shirtlessness or not.

Was Tom's "SS" permanent neck ink showing when he was in court in front of that judge? I didn't notice it once he was out of Germany.

Edited by saber5055
Was Tom's "SS" permanent neck ink showing when he was in court in front of that judge? I didn't notice it once he was out of Germany.

It was barely visible but you could just make it out when he was sitting in chambers with the judge.  The high collar on his jacket hid it for the most part.

• Love 1

Aram wrote "Get Well Bitch We've Got Some Partying To Do? LMAO!!! To say I wasn't expecting that out of him is a true understatement. Appreciated the laugh, usually only James inspires that during the hour.

I was completely okay with the future AG (whoever Cooper's friend is) threatening the judge. This was written poorly, but if the judge has the position he says he does (an Associate Judge - nothing special), he WAY overstepped his authority. I know people think of judges as having the right to compel and ask questions, but there are definitely parameters to their positions and this judge overstepped big time given he was asking for classified information and threatening national security, he clearly never had clearance for any of that (and you know that court reporter didn't either!), it was clear last week before he showed up and he made it certain after he did. That threat was one of the few things that was believable. He may have just asked questions of Lizzie that she shouldn't have answered but he was also threatening open court, a grand jury, future imprisonment, a lot of things that made it seem like had the authority to do so. The judge was abusing his power on the bench to hand out the justice he wanted to see to subvert the secrecy in national security he clearly hates, but it was so far out of his purview he should have never even thought to start this.

I'm hoping the detective who is after Elizabeth meets with an unfortunate stroke that leaves him unable to converse soon. He doesn't feel like someone who is going to let this go. I feel like he's going to tell the widow the name of who he thinks killed her husband. I don't advocate killing, but that's kind of how things go on this show. I'll be surprised if they just let him be.

I was hoping for a stronger episode when Tom came back. This episode and last were mostly disappointing. I'm hoping it picks up as the season nears it's finale. Hoping Tom continues to make appearances and the call with Liz at the end makes it seem like he will.

Loved the final scene with Red and Liz.

• Love 1

When Ressler told Red he was going with him to Germany the DH said "oh gawd no don't send him. He's the worst agent ever...he will get captured AGAIN, dragged AGAIN and stuffed in a cage AGAIN." So true...they made bad ass Ressler into comical sidekick Ressler.

Oh come on, admit it, Ressler makes a damn fine damsel in distress. The only time I'm not annoyed with Lizzie is when she's rescuing Ressler.  It's even better when Red rescues him, it almost makes me look for some fanfic.

• Love 2
He may have just asked questions of Lizzie that she shouldn't have answered but he was also threatening open court, a grand jury, future imprisonment, a lot of things that made it seem like had the authority to do so. The judge was abusing his power on the bench to hand out the justice he wanted to see to subvert the secrecy in national security he clearly hates, but it was so far out of his purview he should have never even thought to start this.

I say he was honestly trying to figure out if there are indeed national security interests there, before he would even start thinking of subverting it, let alone handing out any justice. How is he supposed to know if nobody tells him anything more material than "it's national security, that is all you need to know"? And what is it that this unit does that is in fact a matter of national security?

How does it work with judges anyway? Does a particular judge get assigned to a case by some authority? If so, how did a judge without proper clearance get assigned to a case like this? Or do judges come to work in the morning and pick whatever catches their eye?

It's tough to answer the "national security" question because it was poorly written to begin with- a lot of sensitive information may have been leaked, but Lizzie volunteered most of it. I do believe the judge asked Lizzie what part of her case involved national security, which is out of his bounds- the only thing he should be interested in was whether or not Lizzie was on that boat and whether or not her or Samuel Alekko killed the Harbourmaster. She can scream "this is a matter of national security" but the judge can quite rightly say that whether or not she was on that boat isn't national security. Her work on the boat might be a matter of national security, but her presence on it is not- and he should have only asked questions to see if she was there, that's all.

It's why I hope there's way more to this story than just Connolly and Denner bickering at each other in court, because this could have been resolved much easier:

-All Lizzie should have been asked was where she was that day, what reason she had for being on that boat and who killed the Harbourmaster

-All Cooper should have been asked was whether or not he authorized that mission and whether or not the Harbourmaster was authorized to be on that boat

-All Alekko needed to answer to was his whereabouts and how he witnessed the killing

-The Harbourmaster's superiors should also have been asked what the Harbourmaster's assignment was that day, and what protocols he would have had to enter the boat if need be

It could have been a simple, straightforward solution that could have used Tom- who would be, in this case, really the only one who could prove that Lizzie didn't kill the Harbourmaster. Instead, we got a story where Lizzie divulged secrets to someone unauthorized to hear them, secrets that would be useful to a lot of shady people- people that might want to kill Red or Tom, or even now her- so there absolutely needs to be a payoff.

Or else "Judge Recap" really will be a waste of time.

• Love 1

My issue with this show is the same issue I have with the Berlin plot; the writers know how to build up a reasonably interesting plot but don't know how to finish it.  Here, after spending 4 to 5 episodes building it up, the justice department comes in and settles it, making the build up sort of pointless.  Most of the first season was spent building up Berlin as some amazing mastermind criminal, at least Red's equal, only to end it with an actor with a vague European Eastern accent who seems about as threatening as the guy I buy my morning paper from who is out looking for revenge for the death of a daughter who isn't dead.   The writers really blew it, just imagine if Berlin really was Red's equal and the cat and mouse game continued.   We could have a second actor chewing scenery with long parables.  It would be awesome!

Edited by nosoup4u
  • Love 2

Personally if Liz takes Tom back after everything he had put her through I will scream Sorry not seeing Tom as loving Liz but out for himself only and his ego trip is annoying ! I can still remember the shower scene after Tom killed somebody and Liz comes in the shower and Tom and her start kissing ie having sex then you see all that blood and it still creeps me out

I'm hoping the detective who is after Elizabeth meets with an unfortunate stroke that leaves him unable to converse soon.

I'm hoping for the opposite, that Lizzie meets with an unfortunate stroke that leaves HER unable to converse. I like the detective, he's one of the better characters to appear on this show. At least that's how he was written, like he has a set of brains, unlike some other characters. Like Lizzie.

Does anyone suppose that guy really has all those facial piercings or were they just applied props? I found him sort of difficult to look at. 

• Love 1

I don't quite see wishing the detective ill. He was right. Liz Keene was responsible, legally and morally, for the death of a cop because she thinks that as a federal agent she's not only above the law mere civilians have to obey, she's not required to follow the chain of command inside her agency.

She should be facing the death penalty. Instead, she's vaguely disturbed that the man died, and openly weeping (Megan Boone visibly put something in her eye) because Red (they're Over, Over, Over) saved Tom (they're So Very Over) for her.

If she was half the detective he is, she'd be many, many times the detective she is. Given a choice between him dying and her being inconvenienced, sucks to be her. More than usual, even.

• Love 2

She should be facing the death penalty.

Or at the very least, jail time for perjury AND be fired for ... well, for everything she did behind Cooper's back. And never be allowed to own a gun, and be put on the no-fly list. Cooper needs some reprimand too, like it's okay to lie and perjure himself because he thinks he's dying? Geesh. So, I have cancer so I guess I'll rob the local liquor store. Right.

Red, you really need to take Lizzie to task for her crimes. Maybe she'll be on a future Blacklist? Now THAT would make some good teevee.

Aram ... it's still okay to send that card to Cooper, whether he's in the hospital or at home recouping or even back in the office. It's just nice to be thoughtful.

• Love 1