Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E15: The Things They Carried

• Start Topic

Anvils make my head hurt.

i was a little bored and not very fond of Cole so I wasn't thrilled to see him back. On the plus side, no Rowena...win!

ironically for all the Dean becoming a monster Anvils they dropped it was the Sam anvil at the end that really got to me. I felt bad for Sam and I have to give credit to Jared because he really sold the utter loss of hope, realizing he might not be able to save Dean.

• Love 2

I wish they would stop trying to tackle military-based stories.  It makes my teeth itch, when they get things wrong.  And why did it have to be a female soldier killed in the beginning?  What did that contribute to the story?

Otherwise, it was an underwhelming episode.  And, of course, Sam couldn't save the soldier is a metaphor for how he won't be able to save Dean.  Really don't think that was necessary, either.

At least it was only mildly offensive.  Ironically, the kid who called the cops in the convenience store had a military haircut.  The soldier most certainly did not.  Don't get me started on the beard.  Oh!  And Cole's source who owed him a favor?  That favor would have cost him A: his career; and B: his freedom.

Sorry, I swore I wasn't going to rant about the military stuff.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Let's have an episode where fun moments in the show's past are shown in the previouslies, such as the clown being shot and bleeding glitter, and Sam and Dean in Dr Sexy MD, because we sure as Hades won't have any fun after that.

• Love 5

So, we're back to one of the brothers silently brooding for no fucking apparent reason. I found Sam really irritating here. I'm also trying to understand why Dean didn't just accept a damn piece of cake. 

Why is Sam so against hunting with Dean again. If you don't want to hunt with him Sam just don't, but don't act like a dick the whole. Why are they doing this again???

The makeup they used on Cole was pretty great and he looked like shit warmed over.

When Dean was drinking water in front of Cole, I was really hoping that was him taunting Cole for trying to torture Sam.  And why are they so damn forgiving and nice to Cole? Gah, it's irritating.  

Underwhelming return from the awesomesauce that was Executioner's Song. Yes I get the anvil that Sam is worried he can't actually save Dean but TALK TO DEAN GODSDAMMIT SAM.  Just tell him you are with him no matter what, and that you won't give up!

Tell him that he can stop looking for an answer but you won't. I mean he can research and hunt with Dean at the same time, can't he? 

Edited by catrox14

Yeah, if Cole's insider source was going to give him confidential info, it sure wouldn't have been through a dang email. 

So he's incompetent, giving out information to friends, and a criminal?  Dude's getting ready to be a congressman.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 7

Well...I sort of watched that.

The opening was grotesque and I'm disappointed that this continues to be one of the main roles for women on the show. 

Is it me or are they now writing Cole as older than Sam and Dean? Or at least as the same age?

The guy who plays Cole really can't act that well, but I do think he has moments of humor and likeability, and, haircut issues aside, I think he's kind of hot. He has very nice eyes. Cas eyes. I'm glad they didn't kill him off for shock value. If only they had not done this with Rufus and so many, many others.

The last scene came close to surpassing Barry Bostwick's DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO KILL YOUR BROTHER?!?!!?? as the most heavy-handed scene in SPN history.

Who wrote this anyway? I have a feeling I know. I just want to make sure, so I can chuck it and won't feel a need to rewatch if it's by one of the writers I like.

Edited by Pete Martell

Is it me or are they now writing Cole as older than Sam and Dean? Or at least as the same age?

Yeah, "Sammy Boy" doesn't seem like something you'd call a guy who's supposed to be almost ten years older than you. They probably could have done a better job casting for a 24-year-old character, or written him older from the start.

Edited by Tippi Blevins
  • Love 2

The thing with the cake was weird. It's polite to take a piece when offered, Mr. & Mr. Winchester. Js.

That deputy (Sheriff?) was the best actor in the whole thing. I wish the story had been about him.

I hate Cole. He's sleazy and the nicknames thing was obnoxious. I kept hoping that they would have to kill him or something. It was kind of funny that Sam and Dean were so down in the mouth at the end of the episode about how they hadn't been able to save Kit, and just didn't seem to give a crap that they had saved Cole. They were being so glass half empty about it. But I guess it's a lose-lose because who really *does* give a crap that Cole is still alive. 

I swear they're trying to work him into the cast. Maybe he's the new Garth or something.

• Love 1

I swear they're trying to work him into the cast. Maybe he's the new Garth or something.

Don't worry guys, we may have lost Rufus, Zachariah, Ellen, Jo, Sarah, Ronald, and Trickster, but we're getting Cole.  That makes up for everything.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 8

I hate Cole. He's sleazy and the nicknames thing was obnoxious. I kept hoping that they would have to kill him or something. It was kind of funny that Sam and Dean were so down in the mouth at the end of the episode about how they hadn't been able to save Kit, and just didn't seem to give a crap that they had saved Cole. They were being so glass half empty about it. But I guess it's a lose-lose because who really *does* give a crap that Cole is still alive. 

I think Dean likes him well enough. He tortured Sam and Sam had no bonding moments with him, so I doubt Sam cares. 

I have a feeling they're just keeping him around this long so they can kill him off later on and we'll care more.

I still won't care that much (although I prefer him to Garth...), but I do hope they at least strip him before he goes, because with scripts like this I need some hot bodies to keep me interested.

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 1

Oh, so I guess we're ignoring the fact that Cole tortured Sam. That's cool.

I don't mind Cole and wouldn't mind seeing him again, but what he did to Sam is kind of a big deal. I would have liked some kind of line about it.

Other than that, I didn't mind the episode. I always like call backs to older episodes, so that's fun.

I don't really get Dean's attitude about the mark, though. Cain told him he would kill Sam. I also can't believe Sam hasn't put the whole Cain and Abel thing together himself. This whole thing really can't be ignored. Someone needs to say something.

Edited by kimrey
  • Love 3

Well that was a 12 on the gross-o-meter.

Good bits:

- PTSD issues. 

- The plight of the military spouse (male or female) and the returning soldier.

- The female private was apparently a kick-ass soldier and that's part of what Sam and Dean's attention.

- The boys were NOT fooled by Cole saying he was giving up. 

- Good thinking about the sweat lodge when the shock didn't work.  

- I generally liked Cole (except for the JUSTSTOP!Nicknames) but I wouldn't want him back if he keeps using those nicknames.

- Sam looking like he's having serious S3 flashbacks to Mystery Spot.  As Tara MaClay would said "Assume Crash Positions".  Sam is going to do something really reckless I think*.  

Bad bits:

- Military missteps (see DementedDaisy's post)

- WHY is every writer/director obsessed with making Dean eat?  Is this like a long running prank on Jensen?

- These creatures seemed straight outta the Quor'toth Hell dimension.  I was waiting for the dudes to turn to dust and someone to guzzle vodka.

Ugly bits:

- Did you see those gross faces and Khan worms?  Yeah... let's not go there.

- Wardrobe (or Jensen Ackles or the Director) commitment to keeping Dean in multiple layers in a SWEAT LODGE

*BTW, I'm okay if we get another round of Sam going reckless to save Dean. Not only do I think it'll be interesting but I'm hoping this time he gets called on it.  The last time it was all a Sam 'character flaw' (revenge against Lilith, wanting power). Before that Dean didn't even know (Mystery Spot).  Sam needs to see what he's doing and realize he's not the only one who loses his shit when his brother is dying.  

Edited by SueB
  • Love 7

To be fair, this is a pretty chill group when it comes to that sort of thing. Cas nearly killed him, Crowley murdered a woman he cared about just to demoralize him. 

This pisses me off probably to an irrational degree. There is just no reason for the show to completely ignore an entire episode devoted to Cole stalking and torturing Sam and trying to kill Dean twice. It's so fucking stupid. IMO that's trying to prop Cole as "friend" of the Winchesters.  

• Love 2

I wanted to slap Cole every time he called Dean "Deano" and called Sam "Sammy Boy".  No one but Dean calls him "Sammy" GRRR

If they had it where he said he was using those names because he's uncomfortable around them and this is his attempt at being on their level, I'd be OK with it. As it is it comes across like that weird man at the party who wants to be everyone's lifelong friend. 

I will say that as someone who was always a little annoyed and uncomfortable that we were supposed to despise Gordon for calling Sam "Sammy," I'm not that upset that Sam has grown out of being bothered.

will say that as someone who was always a little annoyed and uncomfortable that we were supposed to despise Gordon for calling Sam "Sammy," I'm not that upset that Sam has grown out of being bothered.

The weird thing is AFAIK neither Crowley nor Cas has ever called him 'Sammy'.  Crowley will call him everything else under the sun but I swear he's never called him Sammy.  To me that's a sign that in some weird way Crowley and Cas respect that is something for Dean and Dean alone.

Yes I get the anvil that Sam is worried he can't actually save Dean but TALK TO DEAN GODSDAMMIT SAM.  Just tell him you are with him no matter what, and that you won't give up!.

I thought Dean told Sam he didn't want him to keep working on it? So I don't think Dean wanted to hear that. This reminds me of season 3 where Dean didn't want Sam to try to get him out of the deal - for different reasons, but similar song. I'm pretty sure that Dean knows that Sam is with him. Besides Dean doesn't generally want to hear the chick flick stuff or the self-help yoga crap.

The thing with the cake was weird. It's polite to take a piece when offered, Mr. & Mr. Winchester. Js.

I agree the cake thing was weird. Sam was his typical "no, Dean we're paying attention and not eating on the job," so that wasn't the weird thing. The weird thing was why would Dean want cake anyway? Sure Dean, Sam brings you cake and you're all "ewww, it's not pie. Why would I want to eat that?" But some stranger offers you cake and you're all "yummy: cake." Pffft! ; )

Wait till we get to next week. If this is a 12, next week ought to break the gross-o-meter.

• Love 1

Yeah, "Sammy Boy" doesn't seem like something you'd call a guy who's supposed to be almost ten years older than you. They probably could have done a better job casting for a 24-year-old character, or written him older from the start.

If I just started watching the show I would have no idea he was 24. If they never mention it again I'd be very happy. The whole vibe tonight, I really did think he was older than Sam in particular. 

• Love 1

That was...okay.  Heh.  I missed the boys, so I'm glad it is back.  I don't care for the Wed timeslot and this wasn't a great episode to christen it with.

I don't mind Cole (he's cute and I'm easy like that), but I'm not really interested in him either. That said, I enjoyed the sweat cabin scenes.  Creepy Cole was well done via the makeup.  ITA with all of you re: Dean in 12 layers in that heat.  The hell is that crap?

I'm not a fan of schmoopy Sam.  He looks like a tiresome hangdog and I just can't.  We get it, you are feeling like it is hopeless.  Rinse lather, repeat.  Let's move this one along folks.  I didn't miss Crowley, but def missed a bit of Cas. 

• Love 3

These creatures seemed straight outta the Quor'toth Hell dimension.  I was waiting for the dudes to turn to dust and someone to guzzle vodka

Ikr? It was a complete ripoff.

The PTSD thing didn't make sense to me. I mean, maybe the soldiers *also* had PTSD, but that doesn't cause massive dehydration. Once someone is drinking bathwater and bleeding from dehydration, it's maybe time for 911.

This pisses me off probably to an irrational degree. There is just no reason for the show to completely ignore an entire episode devoted to Cole stalking and torturing Sam and trying to kill Dean twice. It's so fucking stupid. IMO that's trying to prop Cole as "friend" of the Winchesters.  

It just feels like they're pimping Cole SO HARD.

I dislike Cole because he *tortured* a human being in order to use him as bait, so that he could murder another human being. That is so beyond fucked up that I just can't buy him as a good person or someone *anyone* should trust. And he's done nothing to prove he's changed, hasn't even shown much (any?) remorse. So the Winchesters teaming up with him is utterly inexplicable to me.

I've watched a couple interviews with Travis Aaron Wade and the whole "Dean-o" and "Sammy-boy" nicknames come straight from him. They're not in the script. Fun facts.

It was so grating. Way way way overfamiliar.

Edited by rue721
  • Love 1

The weird thing is AFAIK neither Crowley nor Cas has ever called him 'Sammy'.  Crowley will call him everything else under the sun but I swear he's never called him Sammy.  To me that's a sign that in some weird way Crowley and Cas respect that is something for Dean and Dean alone.

I think with Crowley it's also that he likes to come up with his own names that aren't obvious. Sammy is obvious. I guess since Cole isn't really involved with their lives, he doesn't know or care that it's a nickname for Sam already in use.

(Or did he hear Dean say it and he started saying it after that? I can't remember)

This was the most compelling part of the episode for me :p

• Love 1

Good bits:

- The female private was apparently a kick-ass soldier and that's part of what Sam and Dean's attention.

I wish, just once, that someone had mentioned what a hero she was, instead of repeatedly telling us that the men were heroes who deserved to be saved.  It was like, as soon as they found out who killed her, and that someone else might be infected, they completely forgot she existed.  Frustrating.

Even a throwaway line, something like, "Cole, these men are heroes.  But so was the woman who was murdered.  We can't let your friend kill another hero."

(If I missed a line like that, I apologize.  Maybe I was too busy being annoyed to hear it.)

• Love 6

I have a feeling she was only in there at all for someone's idea of a cool opening scene. It was probably some homage to some other misogynist gorefest. 

I should keep that scene to show whenever people ask why some fans think the show has a woman problem.

• Love 3

I thought Dean told Sam he didn't want him to keep working on it? So I don't think Dean wanted to hear that. This reminds me of season 3 where Dean didn't want Sam to try to get him out of the deal - for different reasons, but similar song. I'm pretty sure that Dean knows that Sam is with him. Besides Dean doesn't generally want to hear the chick flick stuff or the self-help yoga crap.

Dean explained that he's come to accept that it might not ever change, which is pretty much what Sam told Dean before the Cain thing.  Dean said he just wanted to get on with his life and get back to hunting.  And Sam seemed like he couldn't reconcile hunting with Dean whilst looking for an answer.  It was weird to me . As far as the no chick flick stuff, I think Dean was open by Dean's standards with Sam about why he wants to move on which is kind of new for Dean.  Regardless, I think Sam needs to tell Dean that he respects his desire to get back to hunting and have their 'normal" life but that he's going to continue to try and find a solution.  I don't understand why that has to be secret on Sam's side.

• Love 1

I think with Crowley it's also that he likes to come up with his own names that aren't obvious. Sammy is obvious. I guess since Cole isn't really involved with their lives, he doesn't know or care that it's a nickname for Sam already in use.

(Or did he hear Dean say it and he started saying it after that? I can't remember)

LOL me, too.

I don't mind Crowley's nicknames because I can buy them as a joke he has with himself, like he's using them for his own amusement (but they've eventually turned kind of affectionate, I guess). I also think it's funny because if Sam and Dean are Moose and uhhhhh...Not Moose, then I guess Crowley's Boris (and now Rowena is Natasha)? So it comes off as at least marginally self-deprecating to me.

If Cole had called Sam and Dean by their last name or come up with nicknames based on *some* characteristic or another of theirs, I would still have been feeling like, "trying WAY too hard." But it probably wouldn't have felt so uncomfortable. Idk, I found it sleazy and gross how he was using "Sammy" and "Dino," in sort of the same way as I find it sleazy and gross irl when a man I don't know calls me "baby doll" or something. Like, who do you think you are, strange sleazy dude I don't know? Stop taking liberties. But YMMV.

Regardless, I think Sam needs to tell Dean that he respects his desire to get back to hunting and have their 'normal" life but that he's going to continue to try and find a solution.  I don't understand why that has to be secret on Sam's side.

Yeah, I don't understand it, either. Honestly, I don't even understand why Dean has a problem with Sam doing research.

Dean's point of view is still confusing me altogether. When he was saying that they'd seen "what happened to Cain," what was he referring to? Cain becoming a demon, a knight of hell, killing Abel, living a safe but isolated existence for 100+ years, killing some random portion of his descendants, being executed by Dean...? Also, I'm not understanding why Dean doesn't want to make sure he doesn't become a demon again, or have some kind of plan in place for that. I mean, forget the MoC, isn't the risk of him becoming a demon again something that they *have* to acknowledge and deal with? I know we've sort of had that discussion ad nauseam, it just seems like the show is assuming that it's clear what Dean thinks his future is (and that he's powerless to change it), but I'm honestly still confused as to what Dean *does* think his future is.

Also, is Sam sporting break up scruff like Dean did last season? 

Just normal Sam-is-not-great-with-hygiene scruff, I think. He's looking like he did in s8 imo, except that it looks like he's also going crazy with the blow dryer and the hairspray. That anchor woman helmet head with the dirty looking face/scruff is doing Jared no favors.

Edited by rue721
  • Love 4

As far as the no chick flick stuff, I think Dean was open by Dean's standards with Sam about why he wants to move on which is kind of new for Dean.

I agree. And I'm glad he called Sam out on continuing to look, only from a "it's a secret" 'tude.  I also agree If Sam wants to keep looking he should and Dean should just let him.  This is hard for Sam, let him deal with it as he needs too.  OTOH, I think they are setting Sam up for not telling Dean when goes off the deep end.  'Cause when the Winchesters are not on the same page, that's when shit goes bad.

• Love 1

I'm kind of confused about Dean's viewpoint but I'm looking at like Dean is accepting that he'll never be free of the Mark.  I think Cas might have the FB stashed in his tummy like he did the Angel Tablet. I think that is the someplace safe. 

I'm 100% on board with not understanding why they aren't discussing Dean's demonity. It makes no sense.  My only fanwank  is that the show doesn't want to talk about it so they surprise us in some way later on.  Which  I am probably giving them way too much credit for.

• Love 2

This was so boring!  I cringed every time Cole said Dino, and what the frack is Sam doing with his hair?  He looks like Little Lord Fauntleroy.  When it was in layers in season eight it didn't look too bad, but the single layer chin length bob?  Yuck.  The damned hair kept distracting me from the story, although maybe that was a good thing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
I think Dean likes him well enough. He tortured Sam and Sam had no bonding moments with him, so I doubt Sam cares.

I think he and Dean did find common ground - both of them will do whatever it takes, regardless of the personal sacrifice.   Lots of examples in past episodes for Dean, and in this one, Cole insisting that Dean repeatedly electrocute him so he would be able to go home to his family.  I could sort of see the two of them getting along . . . except for the whole torturing Sam thing.  I know that Demon Dean was aware it was going on; did cured Dean remember that?

I also have a problem with Sam not getting upset when people do awful things to him.  Nobody should be that chill.  At the very least, he could have given Cole one of his patented bitch faces.  

They could do so much with just a line or two addressing that it happened, it wasn't okay, but circumstances are forcing them to move past it.

• Love 1

Dean's in a cabin. It's over a hundred degrees. Steam chokes the air. Surely this calls for cutting down to a single layer of clothing, right?

Hahahha no. Of course not.

Is it in Jensen's contract only one half shirtless scene per season?  Maybe there's a limit.  Also why does Jared always get to show more skin than Jensen???  Just saying.

Yeah, if Cole's insider source was going to give him confidential info, it sure wouldn't have been through a dang email. 

Don't worry guys, we may have lost Rufus, Zachariah, Ellen, Jo, Sarah, Ronald, and Trickster, but we're getting Cole.  That makes up for everything.

Okay I know some didn't like Jo at first so maybe they realized they went about it all wrong and now this will fix it and the fans will respond like they want them to???  I mean you have Cole bragging how only he can get the information and yet I think even a teenager can figure out something was wrong with how Cole got the information...

oh wait...nope forget that teenagers can't make that logic, it doesn't have anything to do with a video game.   So everyone will be easily fooled, right?  grumble.

I don't really get Dean's attitude about the mark, though. Cain told him he would kill Sam. I also can't believe Sam hasn't put the whole Cain and Abel thing together himself. This whole thing really can't be ignored. Someone needs to say something.

I guess I was thinking that Sam knows something about Cain and Abel that Dean doesn't and he can't tell him because that would make Dean go off on the deep end and kill himself or run off to purgatory....it can't be that obvious right? 

I'm worried if this is the best they can do.  I figured this one would be a bust, but I was really hoping I was wrong.  Another ep easily deleted so I have space for a better show.

I don't hate Sam this season, but I guess it was suppose to be the anvil of Dean saying I just want my brother back like Sam said to Dean in season 3...Can't they do something original???

Why did they even think it was the same thing as the leviathan worm? Just because it was a worm-like thing? Didn't the monster in Long Distance Call have something similar coming out of its mouth? Was that really the only worm-like thing we had before?

Dean sitting and drinking in front of Cole was ridiculous. Yes, why don't you make the monster mad by deliberately drinking water in front of it. Because that will end well. And then after that, yes no need to tie him up.

Well, if Sam can't save Dean because he can't tie a damn rope, they both deserve to end like Cain and Abel.

I don't like it one bit when the Winchesters are stupid. There I was, happy that they didn't believe Cole he would stay with the wife and then this.

And my head hurts. I don't like it when anvils hit my head.

Sam's worry he can't save Dean gives me flashbacks to season 3 and nostalgia for a much, much better show. At least have Sam say something about that! Maybe that he doesn't have a good track record when it comes to saving Dean! Maybe that he doesn't trust himself much in that department.

Also, what are they going to do? Wait until Dean turns Cain and kills everyone? Maybe Sam should also be worried about himself, considering how Cain's brother ended up. I'm getting to the point where I want crazy Dean roaming the earth, killing everyone and Cole should be first on the list just for the nickname crap alone. Never even mind torturing Sam. For someone who used to be written as some revenge-obsessed person, Sam has been way too chill with Gadreel and now Cole.

And Cole. He feels being over his head now? Getting his ass handed to him by DemonDean wasn't enough?

It's very hard to take all this seriously.

• Love 4

Just normal Sam-is-not-great-with-hygiene scruff, I think. He's looking like he did in s8 imo, except that it looks like he's also going crazy with the blow dryer and the hairspray. That anchor woman helmet head with the dirty looking face/scruff is doing Jared no favors.

He reminds me a little of Michael Jackson when Jackson was going for that image change in the mid-90s.

(I don't mean the face, I mean the hair and the scruff)

• Love 1

At least it was only mildly offensive.  Ironically, the kid who called the cops in the convenience store had a military haircut.  The soldier most certainly did not.  Don't get me started on the beard.  Oh!  And Cole's source who owed him a favor?  That favor would have cost him A: his career; and B: his freedom.

Oh, that bugged the hell out of me.  Because that's how people get to be in military intelligence in the first place, by giving their dumbass friends classified information. So stupid.  

Well...I sort of watched that.

Me too.  I was pretty check out--writing emails, dealing with work stuff….  I paused the DVR for about 30 minutes to watch a David Letterman clip and then got sucked into an internet rabbit hole--completely forgot I was in the middle of a show.  I could not have cared less about Cole.   

I wanted to slap Cole every time he called Dean "Deano" and called Sam "Sammy Boy".  No one but Dean calls him "Sammy" GRRR

This.  I would have been happy with him dying purely because of the "Deano" thing.  

It worked so much better when it was Gordon calling Sam "Sammy".  He heard Dean say it, Sam said not to call him that, and then he kept doing it to be a dick.  That I was okay with.  It was warranted because Gordon was doing it on purpose to piss Sam off.  Cole was just--I don't know--trying too hard or something.  It just sounded stupid.  Shut up, Cole--you suck.

Sigh--that was a very "meh" episode after such a long wait.

• Love 1

Dean sitting and drinking in front of Cole was ridiculous. Yes, why don't you make the monster mad by deliberately drinking water in front of it. Because that will end well. And then after that, yes no need to tie him up.

I'm going to rewatch those scenes because there was a moment when he did it, that I thought he was taunting Cole. Or maybe that was just me projecting.

when he did it, that I thought he was taunting Cole.

But why? For what purpose? As a strategy for........?

To get back at him for the nicknaming? That, I can get on board with. ;-)

I can't comment on the military stuff since I have no clue, except, yes a friend in intelligence who sends classified videos by email to a cellphone....Just...

And of course, the teaser victim had to be a woman. Why? This stuff didn't use to bother me, but this time it really did. The initial way how the camera moved around her, for some reason it reminded me of those torture porn things, Saw. I've never seen any of them but I think I might have seen a trailer once.

Edited by supposebly
  • Love 1

The teaser bothered me too mostly because it was kind of out of the blue.  It was 100% torture porn out of Saw or Hostel. Ewwwwww

when he did it, that I thought he was taunting Co

Just to be a dick ; retaliating for torturing Sam, for the nicknames..because demon!Dean maybe just not giving a fuck? Because otherwise it makes Dean look so stupid. 

Edited by catrox14

That seemed to be the common theme of this episode, make them look stupid and then have a bowel movement scene about it.

It was 100% torture porn out of Saw or Hostel. Ewwwwww

So, I didn't imagine that. Hm, that trailer must have made more of an impression than I thought. Ewwwwww is right.

I miss when they were creative about their violence. Crash through the windshield of a standing car, eat razorblades....I still can't watch that scene but it was inventive.

Edited by supposebly
  • LOL 1

I think he and Dean did find common ground - both of them will do whatever it takes, regardless of the personal sacrifice.   Lots of examples in past episodes for Dean, and in this one, Cole insisting that Dean repeatedly electrocute him so he would be able to go home to his family.  I could sort of see the two of them getting along . . . except for the whole torturing Sam thing.  I know that Demon Dean was aware it was going on; did cured Dean remember that?

I also have a problem with Sam not getting upset when people do awful things to him.  Nobody should be that chill.  At the very least, he could have given Cole one of his patented bitch faces.  

They could do so much with just a line or two addressing that it happened, it wasn't okay, but circumstances are forcing them to move past it.

I tend to wonder if Sam and Dean forgive it because Cole thought Dean was evil, and because when it counted, Cole spared his life. 

I do wish they'd had Sam and Cole, or Sam, Cole and Dean talk about it, but I guess that is left for fic, as always.

Dean had the drop on Cole in both of their fights. It was only because Dean gave over his gun to Cole that Cole even had the opportunity to kill him. Then Sam showed up and had a gun pointed at Cole's head. Cole stood down, but Sam could have killed him in a heart beat, so it seems to me that Sam and Dean both spared Cole's life along with Sam not retaliating at all for Cole's torture.  I mean shit if Cole had gone through with mashing Sam's knee with a hammer, Sam wouldn't be able to walk now.  I think Cole even used Sam's bad shoulder against him. Sam needed to give him a damn beatdown at least once.