Type keyword(s) to search

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the MCU

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Raja said:

Infinity War spoiler

Hide contents

In the post credits Nick Fury gets raptured away which leads me past Captain Marvel as her only contact in post Thanos earth 

My speculation Phil Coulson will be the Director of an official S.H.I.E.L.D in Avengers 4 

Phil and SHIELD hasn't  been in the MCU in a long while.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TVSpectator said:

Phil and SHIELD hasn't  been in the MCU in a long while.

That is true but he is back in Captain Marvel 

Spoiler

and in Avengers 4 were Captain Marvel has been sent a distress signal from a raptured Fury and an earth with half of its population also gone just like in a Left Behind movie

Those who remain will be promoted to fill needs. The weirdest went beyond a small raid on New York so from fugitive Coulson goes to the top of the list of world experts in dealing with the weird.

30 minutes ago, Raja said:

That is true but he is back in Captain Marvel 

Reveal hidden contents

and in Avengers 4 were Captain Marvel has been sent a distress signal from a raptured Fury and an earth with half of its population also gone just like in a Left Behind movie

Those who remain will be promoted to fill needs. The weirdest went beyond a small raid on New York so from fugitive Coulson goes to the top of the list of world experts in dealing with the weird.

You know that Captain Marvel is set in the 1990s?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, TVSpectator said:

You know that Captain Marvel is set in the 1990s?

And Infinity War is set in the next few days of Agens of S.H.I.E.L.D time. From that 

Spoiler

post credit scene of the call for the aid of Captain Marvel, along with Fury another known human contact before the Thanos rapture gone

that leaves us with Phil Coulson to lead her to the other extraordinary people in a post Infinity War initiative to 

Spoiler

find away to bring back half of the world, including Black Panther and Spider-Man 

I don't think Phil Coulson in Captain Marvel is just fan service I think it is to set up him for Avengers 4.

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, Raja said:

I don't think Phil Coulson in Captain Marvel is just fan service I think it is to set up him for Avengers 4.

I'm with you on this one. With Samuel L. Jackson's contract up soon, I imagine that Marvel is looking for someone else (perhaps a little less expensive) to take up the mantle of Director of SHIELD for Phase 4. Agents of SHIELD is unlikely to last much longer, and I'm pretty sure that Marvel is including him in Captain Marvel to remind us how special/wonderful he is for when he returns to the MCU. I mean, Captain Marvel is using de-aging software on him and Samuel L. Jackson to make them appear 90's appropriate. I don't think they would waste all that money just for a fan service cameo.

Edited by kitlee625
  • Love 3
On 3/19/2018 at 10:57 AM, Raja said:

Back to the thematic tie in to Ragnarok. Deke played basically the same role Valkyerie did.

Valkyrie was a character in an anti-imperialism storyline who lost a female lover, is played by an Afro-Latina actress, and represents one of the few prominent WoC in the MCU. Some have even spoken to how she speaks to certain indigenous experiences with how she’s written. Deke doesn’t play any of those roles at all.

10 hours ago, Raja said:

Infinity War spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

In the post credits Nick Fury gets raptured away which leads me past Captain Marvel as her only contact in post Thanos earth 

My speculation Phil Coulson will be the Director of an official S.H.I.E.L.D in Avengers 4 

I don’t think Coulson will come back (it would require too much of an explanation that the films don’t want to bother with). Even Joss Whedon said a while back that bringing back Coulson seemed to irritate the film division.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, kitlee625 said:

I'm with you on this one. With Samuel L. Jackson's contract up soon, I imagine that Marvel is looking for someone else (perhaps a little less expensive) to take up the mantle of Director of SHIELD for Phase 4. Agents of SHIELD is unlikely to last much longer, and I'm pretty sure that Marvel is including him in Captain Marvel to remind us how special/wonderful he is for when he returns to the MCU. I mean, Captain Marvel is using de-aging software on him and Samuel L. Jackson to make them appear 90's appropriate. I don't think they would waste all that money just for a fan service cameo.

Didn't the Russo's say that there are no TV characters and/or ant TV connection in either movie?

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/2/2018 at 9:27 AM, TVSpectator said:

Didn't the Russo's say that there are no TV characters and/or ant TV connection in either movie?

You're correct; they did.  But Phil Coulson was a film character prior to being a TV character, appearing in several MCU films and being a (the?) pivotal character in A1.  We know he's going to be in Captain Marvel and we know that Captain Marvel is going to be in A4.  It's not too much of a (hopeful) stretch to think that Coulson may also make an appearance in A4.

Edited by ProudMary
  • Love 2

I think tieing in as closely to Infinity Wars was a huge mistake.  If they had been like "Thanos is on his way you need think fast" that would be one thing.  They could have easily end the season on their own terms (and set up a decent series finale) and figure things out for the next season if they get one (which seems unlikely).  But instead, by setting the last episode around the beginning of the movie it means they will quickly have to actually tie into what happens in the movie.  Now they can either have the ramifications of the movie play out at the end of the season which would completely undercut this arc or they can save it for next season (again if there is one) which seems like a cop out.  

The other big issue is that (assuming there is a next season), if the ramifications occur then that will be the status quo for damn near the entire run of that season (and again each additional season is less and less likely) which is not something I'm very interested in.  I'm hoping that the showrunners know what's going to happen in the next movie but the film and tv divisions are pretty separate for a reason so its possible they don't.  Either way, if say Avengers 4 occurs right after Infinity War then the show cannot reflect that as to do so would spoil a decent part of the movie the year before it even comes out.  So to avoid doing so, next season would have to deal with what happens for almost the entire season even if that makes no sense after watching Avengers 4.  

As I said, I think tieing in this closely was a really bad call.  There's a very good chance that there will be no more episodes after this season.  I'd hope that they'd give us a good series finale on the chance that they don't get renewed (although if they know they're getting another season then that's not as necessary) but expectation of following this tie in to its natural conclusion would probably preclude that.  The show hasn't really tied into the movies this closely in a long time and I think doing so now was a big mistake.

• Love 1
(edited)

I figure that since there is a chance Avengers 4 can wipe away it' early scenes just as Agents might wipe a Flint and Tess future you can run a Pam wakes up with Bobby in the shower season.

We know time manipulation has already been in play assuming they think they can't shield how much time the gathering of heroes and making a plan will take that would be all Disney needs to force their fighting divisions to give that hint to the little brother 

Edited by Raja
5 hours ago, Matt K said:

I think tieing in as closely to Infinity Wars was a huge mistake.  If they had been like "Thanos is on his way you need think fast" that would be one thing.  They could have easily end the season on their own terms (and set up a decent series finale) and figure things out for the next season if they get one (which seems unlikely).  But instead, by setting the last episode around the beginning of the movie it means they will quickly have to actually tie into what happens in the movie.  Now they can either have the ramifications of the movie play out at the end of the season which would completely undercut this arc or they can save it for next season (again if there is one) which seems like a cop out.  

The other big issue is that (assuming there is a next season), if the ramifications occur then that will be the status quo for damn near the entire run of that season (and again each additional season is less and less likely) which is not something I'm very interested in.  I'm hoping that the showrunners know what's going to happen in the next movie but the film and tv divisions are pretty separate for a reason so its possible they don't.  Either way, if say Avengers 4 occurs right after Infinity War then the show cannot reflect that as to do so would spoil a decent part of the movie the year before it even comes out.  So to avoid doing so, next season would have to deal with what happens for almost the entire season even if that makes no sense after watching Avengers 4.  

As I said, I think tieing in this closely was a really bad call.  There's a very good chance that there will be no more episodes after this season.  I'd hope that they'd give us a good series finale on the chance that they don't get renewed (although if they know they're getting another season then that's not as necessary) but expectation of following this tie in to its natural conclusion would probably preclude that.  The show hasn't really tied into the movies this closely in a long time and I think doing so now was a big mistake.

Totally agree. If they had any idea what was going to happen in Infinity War, it is almost like they should have saved the time travel stuff and used that to jump around and avoid it. 

The worst part is if there is a next season, if there are a bunch of missing people how do you explain why Coulson’s crew isn't trying to help investigate and fix it? And if they are trying to fix it, you know the actual fix is going to be taken care of by someone else and happen completely off screen.

One other thing I noticed in Infinity War is that Fury says something about calling in a code red to Hill. But neither of those 2 have had any connection to SHIELD for years so who was he going to call.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

One other thing I noticed in Infinity War is that Fury says something about calling in a code red to Hill. But neither of those 2 have had any connection to SHIELD for years so who was he going to call.

Spoiler

Fury's button had the Captain Marvel logo on it. He was calling in Captain Marvel and no one else. It doesn't explain why he never called her during the first Avengers when the aliens attacked, but her standalone film (I think) is going to be aired after Avengers 4 and the way Infinity War ended hinted that Carol will play a major role in A4. 

Totally agree. If they had any idea what was going to happen in Infinity War, it is almost like they should have saved the time travel stuff and used that to jump around and avoid it.

I agree. It would've been better if they saved the time traveling stuff as this season's cliffhanger. Instead, the ending of Infinity War, in my opinion, puts a big burden on the show that I think they won't really do anything about. Now I could be wrong but overall, I just don't see the writers (allowing) anything to happen to the main characters. The original 6 (I now included Mack as an original team member even though he was introduced in Season 2) will probably not be affected. The show just doesn't do risks like this. Overall, it seems that the biggest risks they took were in Turn, Turn, Turn and in 4,722 Hours and all of those risks were (mostly) reversed by now. SHIELD came back in Season 4 and then was destroyed again. Will died for Simmons to settle for Fitz, etc... The only characters that I can see that happening to are Yo-Yo, Robin, Robin's mother, Candy Man Deke, Davis, Talbot/Gravitron, Daddy Kree, and Piper. It also, IMO, won't have the same emotional impact as watching that unfold in theaters but sometimes this show does surprise me. But honestly, I just can't see it happening to the original 6. 

Another deus ex machina for saving the main characters is for them to somehow be in another universe/dimension (one without Thanos) while it is happening but who knows. 

The worst part is if there is a next season, if there are a bunch of missing people how do you explain why Coulson’s crew isn't trying to help investigate and fix it? And if they are trying to fix it, you know the actual fix is going to be taken care of by someone else and happen completely off screen.

IF this show gets renewed then it's probably likely that they have to address it but also I feel like the writers just write these characters as too smart for their own good and it ruins the suspension of disbelief. OR they write them in the totally opposite direction. IMO, there is just no happy medium for this. 

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, TVSpectator said:
  Hide contents

Fury's button had the Captain Marvel logo on it. He was calling in Captain Marvel and no one else. It doesn't explain why he never called her during the first Avengers when the aliens attacked, but her standalone film (I think) is going to be aired after Avengers 4 and the way Infinity War ended hinted that Carol will play a major role in A4. 

Before he went to get the pager Fury told Hill to call in something. I was just wondering who he wanted her to call.

I feel like the writers just write these characters as too smart for their own good and it ruins the suspension of disbelief. OR they write them in the totally opposite direction. IMO, there is just no happy medium for this. 

I think that has been my biggest problem with the show for a long time. Instead of telling smarter small scale stories they seem to want to tell these huge saving the world kind of stories. And then to have the good guys win they have to be the best in the world at their jobs. Coulson went from being a competent middle management type guy to the chosen one who was the only man who could lead SHIELD. Daisy started off as the worlds greatest hacker to becoming a super hero with powers to rival any Avenger. Fitz is an engineer who is apparently as smart as Tony Stark, and Simmons is a world class biologist who is also a competent doctor. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, TVSpectator said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Her movie's releasing before Avengers 4. Which is good, since we'll get explanation beforehand on where she's been all this time and why she hasn't shown back up. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, teenj12 said:
  Hide contents

Her movie's releasing before Avengers 4. Which is good, since we'll get explanation beforehand on where she's been all this time and why she hasn't shown back up. 

I thought that her movie releases is Nov 2019?

Edited by TVSpectator
1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Before he went to get the pager Fury told Hill to call in something. I was just wondering who he wanted her to call.

I think that has been my biggest problem with the show for a long time. Instead of telling smarter small scale stories they seem to want to tell these huge saving the world kind of stories. And then to have the good guys win they have to be the best in the world at their jobs. Coulson went from being a competent middle management type guy to the chosen one who was the only man who could lead SHIELD. Daisy started off as the worlds greatest hacker to becoming a super hero with powers to rival any Avenger. Fitz is an engineer who is apparently as smart as Tony Stark, and Simmons is a world class biologist who is also a competent doctor. 

Fan fiction is what comes to my mind.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

And yet in spite of it, the writers have them constantly befuddled by stupid villains, cause inadvertent catastrophes at every turn, and otherwise blunder around aimlessly.

• Love 3
(edited)
10 minutes ago, kitlee625 said:

And yet in spite of it, the writers have them constantly befuddled by stupid villains, cause inadvertent catastrophes at every turn, and otherwise blunder around aimlessly.

Like I said above, the writers write the main characters as too smart or they go in the oppisite direction. One moment Fitz and Simmons built (I am assuming) a giant Pokeball to suck up some Inhuman whose whole body can explode and go to dust, then reform or Fitz is ignoring Ultron and the Sokovia Accords to hide AIDIA. There is no happy (and I would like to add also, no consistent) medium where the characters are not the TV Avengers and/or dropping the idoit ball. 

In my opinion, it's because the show is written like a fan fiction. Everything gets drop for a ship, characters literally root for hooks to happen, all of the good guys absolutely love and/or are in awe of the main characters, they always go up against and end-of-the-world threat (and win- somehow), they all forgive each other for everything, they are Avenger level heroes who happened to not be Avengers, prophecies are about them, people in the future say "one day SHIELD will return" and not Iron Man (or someone like Tony), May was supposedly Natasha's SHIELD work BFF, etc....

Edited by TVSpectator
On 5/8/2018 at 1:22 PM, Matt K said:

Now they can either have the ramifications of the movie play out at the end of the season which would completely undercut this arc or they can save it for next season (again if there is one) which seems like a cop out. 

I was completely right.  I kept waiting for people to start blinking out and it never came.  It made the actual ending (which otherwise was pretty good) not hold as much weight.  I'm getting the impression that the showrunners were just basing the tie in on what we knew from the trailer.  It seems like they had little idea what actually happens during the movie.

• Love 4
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Matt K said:

I was completely right.  I kept waiting for people to start blinking out and it never came.  It made the actual ending (which otherwise was pretty good) not hold as much weight.  I'm getting the impression that the showrunners were just basing the tie in on what we knew from the trailer.  It seems like they had little idea what actually happens during the movie.

That seems to be confirmed if what a podcast  said about the closed caption of  TV newscast about New York in an episode is true. Basically that the Iron Man, Dr. Strange and Spider-Man battle in New York was bigger than The Battle of New York in The Avengers first movie. While you can fit Graviton in Chicago in to the Infinity War timeline it doesn't seem possible to get to the cleaning up and taking Coulson and May to Tahiti before the snapture.

Edited by Raja
  • Love 4

These were new to me...

Elizabeth Henstridge and Iain De Caestecker Screen Test - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Published on Jul 23, 2016, by ABC Television Network

Chloe Bennet and Brett Dalton Screen Test - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Published on Jul 24, 2016, by ABC Television Network

(edited)

The 20 most popular TV shows right now
Kim Renfro   June 13, 2018
http://www.thisisinsider.com/most-popular-tv-shows-right-now-2018-6

To learn what shows have the most hype from fans, INSIDER worked with Parrot Analytics, which compiles available global data on social media, blogging, pirating, and other factors to figure out the viewer demand for shows.

Parrot assigned each series an "expressions" total that reflects average daily audience demand from all countries from April 8 to June 6, 2018 (adjusted for each country's population).
15. "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." (ABC)
Average Demand Expressions: 2.86 million

"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is one of the few shows on TV connected to the wildly popular Marvel Cinematic Universe currently dominating the box office. The fifth season wrapped up in May, and ABC plans to air a sixth season in mid-2019.

Edited by tv echo

Ant-Man and The Wasp spoiler

Spoiler

The end with Phil and Melinda looks suspiciously like Hank and Janet's home.

It looks like AoS may have gotten a better look at Ant-Man and The Wasp then they did of Infinity War or they just lucked into a similar scene.

• Love 1

Rewatching the first season episodes pre-"Turn Turn "Turn" and how good they are. When the show premiered people dismissed the show as not only low stakes but also silly compared to the MCU movies that had been out until that point(Iron Man, Thor, Avengers). Now, though after the down-to-earth Ant-Man, Spider-man Homecoming, and off the wall Guardians of the Galaxy movies and Thor Ragnarok), those early episodes aren't really that bad. I think if they hadn't had the Hydra reveal in Winter Soldier AOS could have continued being just a solid "case of the week" series like a lot of network shows, just set in the Marvel Universe.

• Love 4
On 7/14/2018 at 3:46 PM, blueray said:

I'm in the minority in that I've always liked the earlier episodes. And can't help but wonder where they would have taken it. But I guess we'll never know.

Fucking same man! Those early episodes were KEY for fleshing out the characters of Daisy, Phil, May, Simmons, Fitz, and Ward as we knew them. Ward's betrayal wouldn't have been as effective without those early episodes, the rest of the series wouldn't have worked without the foundation laid by those early episodes. They were literally the baby steps of building AOS's mythology and I wouldn't trade them for anything. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, teenj12 said:

Fucking same man! Those early episodes were KEY for fleshing out the characters of Daisy, Phil, May, Simmons, Fitz, and Ward as we knew them. Ward's betrayal wouldn't have been as effective without those early episodes, the rest of the series wouldn't have worked without the foundation laid by those early episodes. They were literally the baby steps of building AOS's mythology and I wouldn't trade them for anything. 

The early episodes did work better when I binged it than it did live and waiting a week or two for the next episode. But then I knew that the Turn, Turn, Turn was coming.

• Love 3

The Marvel Universe is "Many worlds" so it wouldn't even matter if the FitzSimmons we know both died without producing children. Deke is the product of a FitzSimmons from a different timeline. He exists until his own personal timeline is ended with his own personal death.

On 12/1/2018 at 1:16 AM, NossohSeven said:

The Marvel Universe is "Many worlds" so it wouldn't even matter if the FitzSimmons we know both died without producing children. Deke is the product of a FitzSimmons from a different timeline. He exists until his own personal timeline is ended with his own personal death.

For a moment I thought you meant the AoS isn't in the MCU universe (Earth-199999). But speaking about AoS' "Many Worlds" is weird because in Season 3 they claimed it wasn't possible and what will happen, will happen, no matter what. This was stated in the episode, Spacetime and it came from Fitz's own mouth. Now they are embracing the Many Worlds theory- I think its b.s.. But that is just me. It could also be that the writers are just trying to correct things since their has been talks/rumors about possible time travel to reverse the Snap from Infinity War.

Also the Many Worlds theory- the one with multiple universes that are determine by choices/actions has been a staple in comic books for at least 50+ years. Both DC and Marvel has many different universes. In Marvel the universes all have a designation to them. Bench the title Earth-199999 for the MCU while the main comic universe (the one where most of the events happen on) is Earth-616. 

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, TVSpectator said:

For a moment I thought you meant the AoS isn't in the MCU universe (Earth-199999). But speaking about AoS' "Many Worlds" is weird because in Season 3 they claimed it wasn't possible and what will happen, will happen, no matter what. This was stated in the episode, Spacetime and it came from Fitz's own mouth. Now they are embracing the Many Worlds theory- I think its b.s.. But that is just me. It could also be that the writers are just trying to correct things since their has been talks/rumors about possible time travel to reverse the Snap from Infinity War.

Also the Many Worlds theory- the one with multiple universes that are determine by choices/actions has been a staple in comic books for at least 50+ years. Both DC and Marvel has many different universes. In Marvel the universes all have a designation to them. Bench the title Earth-199999 for the MCU while the main comic universe (the one where most of the events happen on) is Earth-616. 

I agree, I can't remember "many worlds" coming from any MCU character as an explanation except to be shot down. It sounds something like a The Flash character would say. In any event Avengers 4 is in a box, they will time travel to reverse the snap because real world contracts are in place

4 hours ago, Raja said:

I agree, I can't remember "many worlds" coming from any MCU character as an explanation except to be shot down. It sounds something like a The Flash character would say. In any event Avengers 4 is in a box, they will time travel to reverse the snap because real world contracts are in place

Dr. Strange has opened up the multiverse- according to Feige but they haven't done any alternate realities where an alternate version of our characters would exist (at least not at this point but Dr. Strange has confirmed multiple timelines do exist in the MCU in Infinity War. So maybe alternate realities do exist in the MCU but you have to read in between the lines to find out). Although, here is a post from that scene in Spacetime:

The background was that Daisy got a vision of the future and her, May, Lincoln, Mack, and Coulson all wanted to find a way to prevent it. While Fitz and Simmons claim it was impossible to do because of the 4th Dimension. Or at least Fitz did. I don't remember Simmons saying that it was impossible but she seemed to support Fitz because of the writing.

Oh, and in the comics visions of the future don't always come true. In fact, in Marvel, they tend to not happen but cause a lot of problems trying to stop them. 

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, TVSpectator said:

Dr. Strange has opened up the multiverse- according to Feige but they haven't done any alternate realities where an alternate version of our characters would exist (at least not at this point but Dr. Strange has confirmed multiple timelines do exist in the MCU in Infinity War. So maybe alternate realities do exist in the MCU but you have to read in between the lines to find out). Although, here is a post from that scene in Spacetime:

The background was that Daisy got a vision of the future and her, May, Lincoln, Mack, and Coulson all wanted to find a way to prevent it. While Fitz and Simmons claim it was impossible to do because of the 4th Dimension. Or at least Fitz did. I don't remember Simmons saying that it was impossible but she seemed to support Fitz because of the writing.

Oh, and in the comics visions of the future don't always come true. In fact, in Marvel, they tend to not happen but cause a lot of problems trying to stop them. 

I should have known it would come from one of the few MCU movies I haven't rewatched

While it seems as if the TV show runners didn't know what would happen in Infinity War, unless Endgame proves that they did know the ultimate outcome with the Tahiti honeymoon scene, it does seem like the Captain Marvel director took a good look at the AoS use of the  Kree and the Lighthouse pod of AoS

• Love 1
On 3/14/2019 at 11:06 PM, Raja said:

While it seems as if the TV show runners didn't know what would happen in Infinity War, unless Endgame proves that they did know the ultimate outcome with the Tahiti honeymoon scene, it does seem like the Captain Marvel director took a good look at the AoS use of the  Kree and the Lighthouse pod of AoS

I saw Captain Marvel last week but I didn't remember seeing anything resembling with what we saw on AoS being used in that movie. The Kree seems to have always been presented as blue but in the comics, they do come from, a planet called Hala some with or without hair, and there is a non-blue minority (and didn't the comics have also established that they had blue blood). Overall it seems the move added the question of what happened to dead Skrull SHIELD supposedly had but it didn't (as far as I noticed) no "inspiration"  from AoS.

Also, the Kree were in GotG Vol 1 and we (I guess since Korath was in the first film and is said to be a Kree) did see a  non-blue Kree in that film. Also, Nova Prime is seen talking to a representative of the Kree (they are talking about Ronin since its implied he was going rogue and working with Thanos) that was probably used (model wise) for some AoS season 5 Kree.

Also, the secret base was supposedly either Project Pegusas and that was established (I believed) in The Avengers. 

Edited by TVSpectator

The Spider-Man Far From Home trailer however is a MCU game changer, if what they suggest is "true" then Coulson giving up the centipede serum and then the snapture divergent point theory for the Graviton battle versus Infinity War just no seeming to fit time wise might be able to hold up.

It does mean giving up "its all connected" but allows for an easy insertion of Fantastic mutants down the line.

On 5/6/2019 at 10:10 AM, Raja said:

The Spider-Man Far From Home trailer however is a MCU game changer, if what they suggest is "true" then Coulson giving up the centipede serum and then the snapture divergent point theory for the Graviton battle versus Infinity War just no seeming to fit time wise might be able to hold up.

It does mean giving up "its all connected" but allows for an easy insertion of Fantastic mutants down the line.

If Far From Home trailer is true then it gives more credence to the idea that this isn't the MCU at all. Different timelines= different universes. The same rule applies to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and yes, I do think it's time to give up on the whole, "it's connected" theory as well.  The AoS writers either didn't know about the Snap happening and also the movie time gap and/or snubbed the Snap and assumed that they could predict the correct time gap.  

• Love 1
On 5/11/2019 at 6:32 PM, TVSpectator said:

If Far From Home trailer is true then it gives more credence to the idea that this isn't the MCU at all. Different timelines= different universes. The same rule applies to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and yes, I do think it's time to give up on the whole, "it's connected" theory as well.  The AoS writers either didn't know about the Snap happening and also the movie time gap and/or snubbed the Snap and assumed that they could predict the correct time gap.  

Well, given that it appears at least one, if not more, alternate universes were created from Endgame, pretty much any timeline they use is workable.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Hanahope said:

Well, given that it appears at least one, if not more, alternate universes were created from Endgame, pretty much any timeline they use is workable.

Yeah, but a different timeline is a different universe though. So this can't be the MCU but some other universe/timeline/reality then. But the issue is that they are not saying that but instead are saying that it's the same timeline from Season 5. Which totally contradicts everything because at the end of Season 5 they mentioned Thanos attacking the Earth. The Season 5 finale clearly took place when Infinity War was happening. But here they are saying that this Season is one year prior to Infinity War. Which again, doesn't make sense unless they do something totally stupid and have the team time travel one year prior from Infinity War. BUT even that raises more questions because Fitz wouldn't have been frozen and be in space, a year before Infinity War. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, TVSpectator said:

Yeah, but a different timeline is a different universe though. So this can't be the MCU but some other universe/timeline/reality then. But the issue is that they are not saying that but instead are saying that it's the same timeline from Season 5. Which totally contradicts everything because at the end of Season 5 they mentioned Thanos attacking the Earth. The Season 5 finale clearly took place when Infinity War was happening. But here they are saying that this Season is one year prior to Infinity War. Which again, doesn't make sense unless they do something totally stupid and have the team time travel one year prior from Infinity War. BUT even that raises more questions because Fitz wouldn't have been frozen and be in space, a year before Infinity War. 

Not necessarily. They said:

So, we made the decision to just be pre-snap, tell our story, and carry it forward.

This sounds to me like they’ve decided to just create their own universe going forward. I suppose technically a universe where Thanos was defeated would forever be pre-snap. Or if It took Thanos longer to collect all the stones. Two stones were on Earth so it’s not inconceivable that in the AOS universe Thanos comes to get those two first and then goes after the others. 

It is weird that if this was the plan they wouldn’t just outright say it but that could be one of those things they can’t directly address yet. 

New Coulson definitely opens the possibility that AOS is going to be exploring parallel universes. 

Edited by Guest
7 minutes ago, Dani said:

Not necessarily. They said:

This sounds to me like they’ve decided to just create their own universe going forward. I suppose technically a universe where Thanos was defeated would forever be pre-snap. Or if It took Thanos longer to collect all the stones. Two stones were on Earth so it’s not inconceivable that in the AOS universe Thanos comes to get those two first and then goes after the others. 

It is weird that if this was the plan they wouldn’t just outright say it but that be one of those things they can’t directly address yet. 

New Coulson definitely opens the possibility that AOS is going to be exploring parallel universes. 

So they are just writing themselves out of the MCU then? Because, IMHO, that is what it sounds like. Like they decided to just have their last season end concurrently with Infinity War and then they are like, "well we are done here." or something.

(edited)
1 hour ago, TVSpectator said:

So they are just writing themselves out of the MCU then? Because, IMHO, that is what it sounds like. Like they decided to just have their last season end concurrently with Infinity War and then they are like, "well we are done here." or something.

I kind of makes sense to me. Endgame was such a huge transition that seems to be completely redefining the MCU. It is possible that this is in line with where Marvel is heading but that the answers won’t come until the end of Phase 3.

Clark Gregg has said that the cast doesn’t even know where the show is going. I wonder if they are heading towards a Winter Soldier level shakeup with Far From Home.

Edited by Guest

There was a possible shout-out to Agents of SHIELD in WandaVision 1x03 (minor spoiler):

Spoiler

A commercial airs for "Hydra Soak", which could be the same mind control blue soap that Coulson was going on about back in Season 4.

• Love 4
On 1/22/2021 at 11:08 AM, dwmarch said:

There was a possible shout-out to Agents of SHIELD in WandaVision 1x03 (minor spoiler):

Hide contents

A commercial airs for "Hydra Soak", which could be the same mind control blue soap that Coulson was going on about back in Season 4.

That wasn't a shoutout. Basically people came out explaining all of WandaVision's commercials and their meaning. The Soap is basically the Mind Stone. 

Here is a video on it:

It was still supposed to stand-in for the Mind Stone (you know that one that Stucker experimented on with her and her brother) but yeah, the ending of that video did fell apart. I did wish that WandaVision didn't end the way that it did but apparently their was a version that DID have Dr. Strange in it but he was taken out from it. 

(edited)

In this twitter thread about actors who have been in both the MCU and DCEU, James Gunn excluded from the MCU all shows that preceded WandaVision...

Of course, Kevin Feige is the one who determines this question and not James Gunn.

Edited by tv echo

I can't imagine that there was no coordination when you count in The Winter Soldier/Turn Turn Turn connection. Including adding a scene to AoS to preview the movie. Gunn's movies really only could be effected by and AoS take on the Kree and that as as easily explained that the many Kree are as different from each other as the many Terrans.  In effect he had "no need to know" considering the later security surrounding Infinity War and Endgame.