Type keyword(s) to search

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the MCU

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, shrewd.buddha said:

It would also be nice if AoS were allowed to mention any of the Avengers or even Nick Fury .. such as why Tony Stark cannot be contacted to help with stopping the Earth from being destroyed. 

The easiest way to keep it all connected is the old school way of preventing friendly fire accidents, each unit has its own lane. ABC, Freeform, Hulu and Netflix all get their own characters that they get to play with and it seems that Disney is through with providing cameos from the movies as was done with Director Fury, Maria Hill, President Ellis, Lady Sif and Jasper SitwellI.If one of the TV shows mentions something that a movie director wants to use then the connections get broken as the potential billion dollar payday will trump an episode of TV. So AoS only mentions movie events in the past tense as part of a newscast of the big event in the background. About as close as the show has come is in Age Of Ultron you got the impression that Captain America was leading The Avengers on a series of anti-Hydra raids while on AoS you thought that all of Hydra and SHIELD while running from national security agencies  were in deep cover sniping at each other.

Back to the thematic tie in to Ragnarok. Deke played basically the same role Valkyerie did.

• Love 1

They did talk about Fury a lot season one when Shield fell to Hydra. I actually think Hydra was the best thing that happened to this show. But as the show grew older, the references got less and less. It bums me out because this show is on Disney. And back when this show first started, the Movie Marvel actors all said that they would cameo on the show. Missed opportunities. Its still frustrating to me that they have never had Coulson crack a joke about Matt Murdock. You know Couslon would be all over the Devil’s in Hell’s Kitchen...from afar. I think he would be amused by him. 

Come on Disney, let everyone play in the sandbox. A reference will not ruin the Marvel TV/Movie universe.

Edited by SnoGirl
On 3/19/2018 at 10:57 AM, Raja said:

The easiest way to keep it all connected is the old school way of preventing friendly fire accidents, each unit has its own lane. ABC, Freeform, Hulu and Netflix all get their own characters that they get to play with and it seems that Disney is through with providing cameos from the movies as was done with Director Fury, Maria Hill, President Ellis, Lady Sif and Jasper SitwellI.If one of the TV shows mentions something that a movie director wants to use then the connections get broken as the potential billion dollar payday will trump an episode of TV. So AoS only mentions movie events in the past tense as part of a newscast of the big event in the background. About as close as the show has come is in Age Of Ultron you got the impression that Captain America was leading The Avengers on a series of anti-Hydra raids while on AoS you thought that all of Hydra and SHIELD while running from national security agencies  were in deep cover sniping at each other.

Back to the thematic tie in to Ragnarok. Deke played basically the same role Valkyerie did.

AoS IMO has really moved into some jumping of the shark territory when it came to MCU lore. First was the Global Inhuman Panic that didn't even get a blip off the radar of anyone else's radar (no mentioned of them on JJ, DD, The Punisher, LC, IF, The Defenders, Runaways, and even the movies have ignored them. The only one that came close was Scott Buck's Inhumans series), Spider-Man: Homecoming actually set the MCU timeline with the "8 Years Later" time card (while AoS had Talbot referred the Battle of New York happening in the year 2012),  Dr. Strange estalsihed that the future isn't set in stone (pun intended) and that it can be changed, there was never a "Hong Kong Incident" that Sentaor Nadeer mentioned on AoS' 4th Season, and Homecoming also basically ingnored pretty much everything that AoS said that the Sokovia Accords allowed/outlawed (the registration of every powered person) and also ingorned the "outlawing of AIs" stated by AoS, etc....  Not to mention that they seemed to be throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks (again) and it seems like the proverbial shark that they jumped had puppies. 

Overall, the best thing that could happen for both the Movies and TV side is for them to unite into one division but as long as Feige and Perlmutter are there (Feige being the head of Marvel Studios and the movies while Ike Perlmutter is the head of Marvel Entertainment and the TV side) this is probably going to be nothing more than a pipe dream for some time. 

Edited by TVSpectator

So I don't want to spoil Avengers: Infinity War, but having read some spoilers, I just have one question -- how is Agents of SHIELD going to possibly incorporate this into their story? Based on The Candyman's offhand comment in tonight's (4/27) episode, it seems like the show is occurring concurrently with the movie.

On 4/27/2018 at 10:21 PM, kitlee625 said:

So I don't want to spoil Avengers: Infinity War, but having read some spoilers, I just have one question -- how is Agents of SHIELD going to possibly incorporate this into their story? Based on The Candyman's offhand comment in tonight's (4/27) episode, it seems like the show is occurring concurrently with the movie.

I didn't see the film (yet) but assuming from the spoilers I heard I would assume that :

Spoiler

Coulson's team does stop whatever is supposed to be the "destroyer of worlds" but then they see people all around them (and maybe some team members) starting to disappear. Or that the disappearance of all of these people is what leads to the world being destroyed?

Edited by TVSpectator

It would be really ironic if

Spoiler

Daisy does her whole "destroyer of worlds" thing trying to save Coulson and then he disappears anyway when Thanos snaps his finger.

On a non-spoilery note, I know it was just a throw away line, but I was annoyed that Daisy's response to something going down in New York was "I don't watch TV." Really? SHIELD isn't in the business of protecting the world anymore? Then what is the purpose of SHIELD? Because it seems like they only exist to make messes and then frantically try to clean them up.

Edited by kitlee625
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, kitlee625 said:

It would be really ironic if

Reveal hidden contents

Daisy does her whole "destroyer of worlds" thing trying to save Coulson and then he disappears anyway when Thanos snaps his finger.

On a non-spoilery note, I know it was just a throw away line, but I was annoyed that Daisy's response to something going down in New York was "I don't watch TV." Really? SHIELD isn't in the business of protecting the world anymore? Then what is the purpose of SHIELD? Because it seems like they only exist to make messes and then frantically try to clean them up.

In my opinion, they really have moved away from the whole, SHIELD is an organization that was once designed to protect the world/US.

• Love 2

I think we're a long way from the days of "Turn, Turn, Turn" in late Season One and "CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER".  For me, that period was the high point of the MCU.

Then what is the purpose of SHIELD? Because it seems like they only exist to make messes and then frantically try to clean them up.

SHIELD has been creating and cleaning up messes since its early days.  Operation: Paperclip anyone?  It took the agency over sixty years to clean up that mess.

Edited by CTrent29
  • Love 2

Omg. If Shield ends with

Spoiler

a Thanos ending where some of them team blinks out of sight, I will have some crazy respect for the show. I actually wish they would pull a Turn Turn Turn and do it next week, before the ending. Honestly, they’ll think they’ve changed the timeline instead of it being Thanos, but we’ll know.  Actually, it would be interesting bc then this storyline would kinda make sense. They wont know, there would be chaos. Also, it kinda explains why we only see Daisy running into the fight before the world fractures. Also, it would be fun if they used the time travel to bring back some agents. I would LOVE to get Hartley or Tripp back from the dead. 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

Omg. If Shield ends with

Hide contents

a Thanos ending where some of them team blinks out of sight, I will have some crazy respect for the show. I actually wish they would pull a Turn Turn Turn and do it next week, before the ending. Honestly, they’ll think they’ve changed the timeline instead of it being Thanos, but we’ll know.  Actually, it would be interesting bc then this storyline would kinda make sense. They wont know, there would be chaos. Also, it kinda explains why we only see Daisy running into the fight before the world fractures. Also, it would be fun if they used the time travel to bring back some agents. I would LOVE to get Hartley or Tripp back from the dead. 

No way that is happening 

27 minutes ago, Froippi said:

No way that is happening 

Lol. A girl can hope can’t she?? I also want May to appear in the Captain Marvel movie, but I cant have everything I want...

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

Lol. A girl can hope can’t she?? I also want May to appear in the Captain Marvel movie, but I cant have everything I want...

they just haven't had a big tie in since season 1 and I don't see that happening in season 5

2 minutes ago, Froippi said:

they just haven't had a big tie in since season 1 and I don't see that happening in season 5

They did have the Darkhold, which tried in with Dr Strange. I just like speculating. With a comic book show, you just never know ??‍♀️ Disney kept Agents of Shield around for some reason. Why not because of another tie-in? Its not like Disney really needs Agents of Shield, I saw more commericals for the show all week than I think Agents of Shield played during their commericals. Miles may vary of course ☺️

4 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

They did have the Darkhold, which tried in with Dr Strange. I just like speculating. With a comic book show, you just never know ??‍♀️ Disney kept Agents of Shield around for some reason. Why not because of another tie-in? Its not like Disney really needs Agents of Shield, I saw more commericals for the show all week than I think Agents of Shield played during their commericals. Miles may vary of course ☺️

Personally, I would say that is also more of a fan theory about the Darkhold being from Dr. Strange's library. We just don't know because the movies haven't confirmed nor denied anything.

As with the show being an MCU promo- well the theory goes that Disney wants a Marvel presence and also a Star Wars presence on their TV channels. So ABC has Marvel while the Disney XD channel (had) Star Wars Rebels. Now, the rumor mill is that there is a planned Star Wars TV show in the works to replace Rebels. 

6 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

Omg. If Shield ends with

5 hours ago, Froippi said:

No way that is happening 

Well, if the show still wants to be in the MCU then it has to happen. Although, I won't be surprised if all the villains were the ones for that to happen and everyone else (a.k.a. our main characters) will just witness it. Which, IMO, would be another cop-out because nothing bad can happen to these characters. Its like they are just toy action figures while everyone else either dies and/or gets maimed, etc.... 

14 hours ago, CTrent29 said:

I think we're a long way from the days of "Turn, Turn, Turn" in late Season One and "CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER".  For me, that period was the high point of the MCU.

SHIELD has been creating and cleaning up messes since its early days.  Operation: Paperclip anyone?  It took the agency over sixty years to clean up that mess.

Operation: Paperclip was a real thing and that (even in the MCU) pre-dated SHIELD. 

Overall, with all the spoilers (and I haven't seen the film yet), maybe Infinity War isn't all that hyped up it was to be?

12 hours ago, TVSpectator said:

Overall, with all the spoilers (and I haven't seen the film yet), maybe Infinity War isn't all that hyped up it was to be?

I saw it yesterday and walked out of the theater in absolute shock. I think it will have to get resolved next May (they should have kept the names IW1 and IW2, because it is a two-parter) but in the meantime I have no idea how it will affect SHIELD. It has to if they're still in the same world.

More than at any Marvel movie, be sure to stay for the post-credits scene (there's just one at the very end) if you're a SHIELD fan.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, ahisma said:

I saw it yesterday and walked out of the theater in absolute shock. I think it will have to get resolved next May (they should have kept the names IW1 and IW2, because it is a two-parter) but in the meantime I have no idea how it will affect SHIELD. It has to if they're still in the same world.

More than at any Marvel movie, be sure to stay for the post-credits scene (there's just one at the very end) if you're a SHIELD fan.

I mean is it even possible that maybe Agents of shield won’t have a tie in at all I know what was said in the media but they can be misleading to 

1 hour ago, ahisma said:

I have already gotten spoiled for this movie so I know what happens in the end credit scene. That was what I was talking about anyways to happen if the show is actually part of the MCU.

1 hour ago, TVSpectator said:

I have already gotten spoiled for this movie so I know what happens in the end credit scene. That was what I was talking about anyways to happen if the show is actually part of the MCU.

I heard about this scene but it did not seem like it was to much from the way it was described 

I heard about this scene but it did not seem like it was to much from the way it was described 

The scene I was talking about was

Spoiler

the end credit-scene where Nick Fury and Maria Hill got vaporized via Thanos because he got all 6 Infinity Stones but Fury was able to send out a signal to Captain Marvel before he was vaporized. Also, it was shown that half of the ENTIRE universe turned to dust via Thanos' snap and that this resulted in more chaos. If this show still wants us to believe that it's part of the MCU and takes place concurrently with the movies (or at least the main Avengers movies) then, I was saying that they have to show people being vaporized/turn into dust via the famous snap of the fingers. It just gotta happen but I was saying that they would probably cop-out and not have their main characters being affected by this (universal) event, but would clearly have their bad guys be wiped out by the snap or pretend that it never happen and/or the show takes place before this event, even though the movies really didn't shay away from showing half of their main good-guy characters being "killed" by Thanos as well as having some of their villains being "killed" by Thanos. Clearly, in my opinion, this show won't do it their main characters because of reasons..... I do expect that in Avengers 4 this action will probably be "undone" or it will turn out that they are not really dead but are all alive in the Soul Realm or something but at least have them "disappear" for a while.  

Edited by TVSpectator
3 minutes ago, TVSpectator said:

The scene I was talking about was

Reveal hidden contents

the end credit-scene where Nick Fury and Maria Hill got vaporized via Thanos because he got all 6 Infinity Stones but Fury was able to send out a signal to Captain Marvel before he was vaporized. Also, it was shown that half of the ENTIRE universe turned to dust via Thanos' snap and that this resulted in more chaos. If this show still wants us to believe that it's part of the MCU and takes place concurrently with the movies (or at least the main Avengers movies) then, I was saying that they have to show people being vaporized/turn into dust via the famous snap of the fingers. It just gotta happen but I was saying that they would probably cop-out and not have their main characters being affected by this (universal) event, but would clearly have their bad guys be wiped out by the snap, even though the movies really didn't shay away from showing half of their main good-guy characters being "killed" by Thanos as well as having some of their villains being "killed" by Thanos. Clearly, this show won't do it because of reasons..... I do expect that in Avengers 4 this action will probably be "undone" or it will turn out that they are not really dead but are all alive in the Soul Realm or something but at least have them "disappear". 

I just feel this show is better off distancing itself from the movies and be it’s own thing 

21 hours ago, TVSpectator said:

Well, if the show still wants to be in the MCU then it has to happen. Although, I won't be surprised if all the villains were the ones for that to happen and everyone else (a.k.a. our main characters) will just witness it. Which, IMO, would be another cop-out because nothing bad can happen to these characters. Its like they are just toy action figures while everyone else either dies and/or gets maimed, etc.... 

Well they did introduce several redshirt characters in this past episode. Perhaps they will 

Spoiler

disappear when Thanos snaps his fingers, thus allowing us to pretend "It's all connected" with minimal actual consequences for the show.

6 minutes ago, Froippi said:

I just feel this show is better off distancing itself from the movies and be it’s own thing 

But if it is in the MCU and takes place during the events of Infinity War (with their always tie-ins) then it can't ignore something this big, IMO. It's either show it and/or show the after effects, or to ignore it and people will go to the idea that this show isn't part of the MCU. Also, it will be a big ass cop-out if no one from the main characters (a.k.a. Coulson's team) was affected because it would greatly cheapen the show, IMO. The movies clearly went there (but I am sure that the action will be "undone" the case I am presenting is that this show is right now between a rock and a hard place with this event. 

3 minutes ago, kitlee625 said:

Well they did introduce several redshirt characters in this past episode. Perhaps they will 

Hide contents

disappear when Thanos snaps his fingers, thus allowing us to pretend "It's all connected" with minimal actual consequences for the show.

And this is the cop-out that I was talking about. They probably won't have their main characters be affected but honestly,

Spoiler

I feel like they should be affected because even by Thanos' standards their lives don't matter much to him. Important characters like Spider-Man, T'Challa, Maria Hill, Fury, etc... were affected by and if they don't touch any of the shows main characters, it it would be really lopped sided if none of the main characters didn't just vanish (and not just Deke either but like Simmons, Coulson, Yo-Yo, May, etc....) into thin air. 

Edited by TVSpectator
31 minutes ago, TVSpectator said:

But if it is in the MCU and takes place during the events of Infinity War (with their always tie-ins) then it can't ignore something this big, IMO. It's either show it and/or show the after effects, or to ignore it and people will go to the idea that this show isn't part of the MCU. Also, it will be a big ass cop-out if no one from the main characters (a.k.a. Coulson's team) was affected because it would greatly cheapen the show, IMO. The movies clearly went there (but I am sure that the action will be "undone" the case I am presenting is that this show is right now between a rock and a hard place with this event. 

And this is the cop-out that I was talking about. They probably won't have their main characters be affected but honestly,

Hide contents

I feel like they should be affected because even by Thanos' standards their lives don't matter much to him. Important characters like Spider-Man, T'Challa, Maria Hill, Fury, etc... were affected by and if they don't touch any of the shows main characters, it it would be really lopped sided if none of the main characters didn't just vanish (and not just Deke either but like Simmons, Coulson, Yo-Yo, May, etc....) into thin air. 

Ok then how do you renew the show cause then you would have two or three characters who can’t show up in Season 6 assuming their is one I know it has not been renewed 

Edited by Froippi
23 minutes ago, Froippi said:

Ok then how do you renew the show cause then you would have two or three characters who can’t show up in Season 6 assuming their is one I know it has not been renewed 

Beats me but how can you have this show be in the same universe as Infinity War without breaking continuity?

• Love 1

The reason this show turned around in the first place to get multiple seasons, in my opinion, is because they did the tie-in with Winter Soldier. If they hadn't have done that, the show might not have even made it to five seasons. At the very least, the hype wouldn't have been as big as it was back then. 

I'd love for them to tie in Infinity War with the series again, as it would certainly be a turning point and would cause stir again with the media in a positive way, but I don't see them doing it. Which sucks because

Spoiler

having at least one of the main characters turn to dust here would really be a game-changer. Though, the series being renewed for a final season would mean that one character wouldn't be able to be present at all. We know things will be reset and people will come back, but they wouldn't be able to present that onscreen for a potential next season, or if this season is just plain cancelled, then there's no closure. Still, how epic would it be if the next episode had Fitz dusting out of existence? Or even Mack, which wouldn't really affect the timeline that the show is currently on, since he wasn't seen in the future. There would still be ways to make a real game-changing move while still wrapping up the story they set up for the season. 

I think they used to take these risks earlier, but now they seem too afraid to. It's a real shame because if anything, this show could use a risky move, especially if it is ending this season. I mean, why not, you know? It worked in season 1, even with it being a new show. That was a major risk they took because the show was still establishing itself and it didn't really click until the tie-in. They weren't afraid of turning the obligatory Hot New Agent into an evil Hydra agent. That was a huge and risky move, as evident by the Ward, and SkyeWard fans. 

Perhaps, it would have been better if this season ended in concurrence with Infinity War. Then, that way, they might have been more brave to make the move the show probably doesn't want to make.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

The reason this show turned around in the first place to get multiple seasons, in my opinion, is because they did the tie-in with Winter Soldier. If they hadn't have done that, the show might not have even made it to five seasons. At the very least, the hype wouldn't have been as big as it was back then. 

I'd love for them to tie in Infinity War with the series again, as it would certainly be a turning point and would cause stir again with the media in a positive way, but I don't see them doing it. Which sucks because

Hide contents

having at least one of the main characters turn to dust here would really be a game-changer. Though, the series being renewed for a final season would mean that one character wouldn't be able to be present at all. We know things will be reset and people will come back, but they wouldn't be able to present that onscreen for a potential next season, or if this season is just plain cancelled, then there's no closure. Still, how epic would it be if the next episode had Fitz dusting out of existence? Or even Mack, which wouldn't really affect the timeline that the show is currently on, since he wasn't seen in the future. There would still be ways to make a real game-changing move while still wrapping up the story they set up for the season. 

I think they used to take these risks earlier, but now they seem too afraid to. It's a real shame because if anything, this show could use a risky move, especially if it is ending this season. I mean, why not, you know? It worked in season 1, even with it being a new show. That was a major risk they took because the show was still establishing itself and it didn't really click until the tie-in. They weren't afraid of turning the obligatory Hot New Agent into an evil Hydra agent. That was a huge and risky move, as evident by the Ward, and SkyeWard fans. 

Perhaps, it would have been better if this season ended in concurrence with Infinity War. Then, that way, they might have been more brave to make the move the show probably doesn't want to make.

Yeah, maybe it's better if the show  ends with:

Spoiler

Simmons, Coulson, Yo-Yo, Talbot, and Deke all being vaporized into dust by Thanos?

Overall, you are right, the show just won't take any risks anymore. Maybe this is why they are showing the team breaking down in anticipation of the end?

• Love 1

Haven't the movies been ignoring what goes on in the show too?

Like Hydra almost taking over the planet or what was happening with the Framework?

Seems like the producers and writers of the movies aren't even bothering to coordinate with the Shield writers and show runners.  Or even giving them a courtesy consultation of story outlines.

6 minutes ago, scrb said:

Like Hydra almost taking over the planet or what was happening with the Framework?

Seems like the producers and writers of the movies aren't even bothering to coordinate with the Shield writers and show runners.  Or even giving them a courtesy consultation of story outlines.

Which is why they the show should be able to ignore it

I figure when the canary in the coal mine disappears Fitzsimmons will miss interpret it.  They would think the Simmons theory of time travel and loops now had empirical evidence. Season or series finale. Where as if they get a season 6 they can roll that back when the S.H.I.E.L.D. survivors find out what happened to the rest of the world while they were in the Lighthouse or space fighting the Confederation and Graviton. then Avengers 4 is released and the movies roll back on what just happened in the rest of the universe.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Raja said:

I figure when the canary in the coal mine disappears Fitzsimmons will miss interpret it.  They would think the Simmons theory of time travel and loops now had empirical evidence. Season or series finale. Where as if they get a season 6 they can roll that back when the S.H.I.E.L.D. survivors find out what happened to the rest of the world while they were in the Lighthouse or space fighting the Confederation and Graviton. then Avengers 4 is released and the movies roll back on what just happened in the rest of the universe.

Yeah it seems like their theories of time would be rendered moot because there's an infinity stone which will rewind time, which is going to be used by the movies.

5 hours ago, TVSpectator said:

Beats me but how can you have this show be in the same universe as Infinity War without breaking continuity?

This one is simple, SHIELD is locked down in the Lighthouse or in space. I don't know if you have seen the movie or just gotten a few spoilers but Infinity War spoliers

Spoiler

Many major hitters in the movies are, some with movies on the schedule so presumably they will find a way to bring them, along with any SHIELD cast sacrificed if there is another season back

Edited by Raja
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Raja said:

This one is simple, SHIELD is locked down in the Lighthouse or in space. I don't know if you have seen the movie or just gotten a few spoilers but Infinity War spoliers

But that won't protect them from the affects of the Infinty Gaulent. It affects literally all of space/the universe. Also

Spoiler

They won't be coming back unit next May with Avengers 4.

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, TVSpectator said:

But that won't protect them from the affects of the Infinty Gaulent. It affects literally all of space/the universe. Also

Reveal hidden contents

They won't be coming back unit next May with Avengers 4.

Character death spoilers follow. It doesn't have to be justified why a few don't die as we saw in the movie 

Spoiler

where practically all of the Guardians of the Galaxy where in the unfortunate random half but  all of the original Avengers survived. Our heroes can just as easily be like the original Avengers in the random death pool. It would be no more of a cop out then having the main cast in Avengers 4

I just don't see a season 6 happening, not only the ratings are really low, but they are trapped between Infinity War and Avengers 4 (who is set 5 years after IW). Every other series and movies happening between are all set in the past. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. can't since they just told us IW is happening right now.

They won't have the budget to show what would a post-IW world would look like, especially when everyone knows it's going to be undone after A4. They can't avoid that by having the team stuck in an alternate reality/timeline because they just did that for the last ~30 episodes. They can't set the season after Avengers 4 for obvious reasons. So the only way a season 6 is happening is if it's airing after A4.

Are we really expecting that ABC is going along with that ? When we know they had to be forced for a season 5, that they slashed the budget and the crew planned for a possible ending ?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Raja said:

Could you just imagine it? 

Spoiler

Imagine them breaking the time loop. Deke is with FitzSimmons, or the group is together and he disappears. They think they’re all safe and then suddenly, other members blink out too. 

Or, they dont break the time loop, they’re back in Space knowing they didnt break and the loop and people start disappearing. Including Kree. Now, when our Agents come back through the loop, everything is different. 

Or people disappear before they break the loop. They think, bc they’re so busy, its bc of the time travel.

Either way, I kinda hope they go there. Talk about a reset.

I think it depends on how gutsy they are. Do they acknowledge Infinity Wars and tow the line? Or do they say we’re in an alternate universe bc of the time loop?

If Shield comes back, I wonder if they would move it to a winter/summer show....

• Love 1

I think it depends on how gutsy they are. Do they acknowledge Infinity Wars and tow the line? Or do they say we’re in an alternate universe bc of the time loop?

If Shield comes back, I wonder if they would move it to a winter/summer show....

While the other TV shows on networks with a lower expectation they might play looser with the movie tie-ins for AoS it is their bread and butter and with ABC already balking at orders from Disney. Being a limited run summer show after Avengers 4 would solve a problem of how you go forward 

Spoiler

after the rapture of half the universe

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Raja said:

While the other TV shows on networks with a lower expectation they might play looser with the movie tie-ins for AoS it is their bread and butter and with ABC already balking at orders from Disney. Being a limited run summer show after Avengers 4 would solve a problem of how you go forward 

Hide contents

after the rapture of half the universe

To be honest, the more I think about it, the more I want Shield to actually be gutsy and do it. I think they could swing a winter comeback by

Spoiler

Showing the aftermath of Thanos. Lets be honest, the world could get a bit wild west after half the world’s population is wiped out. What’s left of Shield could be protecting the innocent. A ragtag bunch of spies doing what they can for who they can. Plus, this could solve the Hunter/Bobby problem-have Bobby or both disappear with everyone else. Hell, you could even handwave a return of dead agents (Tripp, Hartley, Indiana) with the reset that’s obviously coming to Avengers Four. 

As long as Ward stays dead.

Edited by SnoGirl
  • Love 1
Spoiler

Showing the aftermath of Thanos. Lets be honest, the world could get a bit wild west after half the world’s population is wiped out. What’s left of Shield could be protecting the innocent. A ragtag bunch of spies doing what they can for who they can. Plus, this could solve the Hunter/Bobby problem-have Bobby or both disappear with everyone else. Hell, you could even handwave a return of dead agents (Tripp, Hartley, Indiana) with the reset that’s obviously coming to Avengers Four. 

I have heard from a couple of people speculation that the movies will make a five year time jump. If true AoS could have it "series finale" and then jump into a future world along with the movies.  It would certainly be easier then to try to fit in the immediate aftermath of the Infinity War and mess up the "its  all connected"  on the TV end.

edit to add:

5 years because possible Avengers 4 spoiler

Spoiler

the actress hired to play Scott Lang/Ant-Man's daughter in Avengers 4 is five years older than the current actress. With the time stone in play it may be a time travel thing. But we know it won't be a time monolith and the Fitz machine.

Edited by Raja
found the 5 year jump source
  • Love 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, Froippi said:

I never agree with the tv shows and movies sharing the same universe I thought it was silly

Yeah, I thought that DC had the better plan of having multiple universes so their shows and movies can do whatever the hell they want. Instead, they all have to aline if they are all taking place in the same universe. I am not going to count the number of times both TV shows and movies have conflicted with each other but overall, AoS has to show it, IMO, to be even in the same universe. 

8 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

To be honest, the more I think about it, the more I want Shield to actually be gutsy and do it. I think they could swing a winter comeback by

Reveal hidden contents

My bet is that they won't show it but instead have the characters just comment on it happening. Although does anyone know when AoS was done filming their last episode of this season? 

12 hours ago, Raja said:

Character death spoilers follow. It doesn't have to be justified why a few don't die as we saw in the movie 

Reveal hidden contents

where practically all of the Guardians of the Galaxy where in the unfortunate random half but  all of the original Avengers survived. Our heroes can just as easily be like the original Avengers in the random death pool. It would be no more of a cop out then having the main cast in Avengers 4

In the movie

Spoiler

- Loki

- Gamora

- Groot

-Drax

-Peter Parker/Spider-Man

- Peter Quill/Star-Lord

-  Bucky

- Nick Fury

- Maria Hill

- Wanda/Scarlet Witch

- Dr. Strange

- Mantis

-Vision

-T'Challa

- Wilson/Falcon 

They are all dead/turn to dust/vaporized by Thanos

Those are so pretty big names and also some original characters from their first movies.  If the movie had the balls to do it then the show should do it as well but I don't see the show doing in because, writing-wise, they don't take big risks on this show, IMO.  Also, I don't see any of this staying after Avengers 4, FYI, either. But again:

Spoiler

I can see the writers showing that all of the team's enemies

this season, plus Deke, disappearing/vaporizing into dust. But then I think that would be a cop-out since they are not solving anything but just have a deus ex machina ending and it doesn't resolve any issues concerning about the behavior and actions of all of the main characters this season. Also, I can see everything being handwave by the writers because they want a nice little ending. Like they did in Season 4 ending of them eating altogether after Fitz causing all of the LMD problem and also the Framework issues. 

I can literally see Ghost Rider coming in the last episode and take everyone away into a new dimeson/alternate reality or something.

1 hour ago, Raja said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I have heard from a couple of people speculation that the movies will make a five year time jump. If true AoS could have it "series finale" and then jump into a future world along with the movies.  It would certainly be easier then to try to fit in the immediate aftermath of the Infinity War and mess up the "its  all connected"  on the TV end.

edit to add:

5 years because possible Avengers 4 spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

the actress hired to play Scott Lang/Ant-Man's daughter in Avengers 4 is five years older than the current actress. With the time stone in play it may be a time travel thing. But we know it won't be a time monolith and the Fitz machine.

I have heard about that too. I have also heard that

Spoiler

Cassie Lang will be grown up by the end and that Hank Pym and Scot Lang will be in the 4th movie. 

8 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

Reveal hidden contents

But that just doesn't solve anything.

Spoiler

It just has them running around like they do know but with fewer people. I can see them doing that to the characters they wrote it but not to the main characters. It would be gusty if it happened to at least two of the main characters (like Coulson and Simmons). 

Edited by TVSpectator
5 minutes ago, Froippi said:

I mean you could make it in the multiverse but doubt they will go their 

Yeah, this show has been trying to tie itself to the movies for a long time and I just don't see them suddenly going, "psych we are actually a parallel universe" or something.

Spoiler

Although, I can see the writers just trying to get all of their main characters out of Thanos' way and maybe bringing Ghost Rider back for at least the last episode. 

• Love 1
On 4/29/2018 at 8:45 PM, scrb said:

Spoiler

Wasn't Maria Hill killed on the show.  If she's in Infinity War, then we definitely have two time-lines.

6 hours ago, jhlipton said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Wasn't Maria Hill killed on the show.  If she's in Infinity War, then we definitely have two time-lines.

Spoiler

Yes, she is. Maria Hill along with Nick Fury gets vaporized at the end of the movie.Nick Fury runs and presses a button to send a single to something with a Captain Marvel logo on it. I don't know how this is supposed to be in the same timeline/universe as the movies but somehow people disappear and on the show, the Earth gets literally destroyed. 

15 hours ago, jhlipton said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Maria Hill was never killed on AOS. Dunno where you got that one from..

Infinity War spoiler

Spoiler

In the post credits Nick Fury gets raptured away which leads me past Captain Marvel as her only contact in post Thanos earth 

My speculation Phil Coulson will be the Director of an official S.H.I.E.L.D in Avengers 4 

• Love 1