Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Spend – Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

I'm with kj4ever - I need to see the whole thing, uninterrupted.  Don't talk to me, don't crawl all over me if you're my cat.  Commercials and live chatting are a horrible distraction - I don't give a shit who else is saying "holy shit" at the same time as me - until after it's all over.  Even then, I need to watch Talking Dead before coming here.  No offense intended, it's just the way I process.

• Love 8

I'm with kj4ever - I need to see the whole thing, uninterrupted.  Don't talk to me, don't crawl all over me if you're my cat.  Commercials and live chatting are a horrible distraction - I don't give a shit who else is saying "holy shit" at the same time as me - until after it's all over.  Even then, I need to watch Talking Dead before coming here.  No offense intended, it's just the way I process.

I know what you mean.  In the days when I had the East Coast feed for AMC (stupid Time Warner removed it from my line-up) and I could watch the assorted Sunday night shows 3 hours before they got to the West Coast, I would not sign in to Facebook or anywhere that might provide a running commentary of the episode because it would distract me.

Since I hate waiting the extra 3 hours to watch my shows, now I will often tune into the live chat threads before the episodes air here in Los Angeles, to get a handle on what's happening (I like spoilers) and to know if there are any horribly gory scenes I have to expect.  But I wouldn't be able to follow a live chat thread while I was watching an episode.

• Love 3

Are you kidding me :-D?

Maybe for marathoning; but in a live chat the commercials are the only chance to catch up on snarking!!

A real snark artist doesn't need a chance to catch up.  ;-P

That said, I couldn't do live chat - not only because commercial interruptions (rampaging Hulk SMASH!!) - but also because I'd be too interested in chat and trying to entertain people there instead of paying enough attention to the show and miss out on stuff.

I know, I know... "you can always re-watch any time you want".  But I like my system.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1

I know what you mean.  In the days when I had the East Coast feed for AMC (stupid Time Warner removed it from my line-up) and I could watch the assorted Sunday night shows 3 hours before they got to the West Coast, I would not sign in to Facebook or anywhere that might provide a running commentary of the episode because it would distract me.

Since I hate waiting the extra 3 hours to watch my shows, now I will often tune into the live chat threads before the episodes air here in Los Angeles, to get a handle on what's happening (I like spoilers) and to know if there are any horribly gory scenes I have to expect.  But I wouldn't be able to follow a live chat thread while I was watching an episode.

Sherry67, ATTUverse hasn't taken away my East Coast AMC channel - yet, so I can watch at 6 pm here in San Diego, thank goodness!   It is hard enough for me to avoid spoilers without waiting an extra 3 hours.  :-) 

BTW - how are you liking our record breaking heat?  My place is great for breezes, but even I had to close the windows to keep the cool in once it started heating up just before noon.  I leave the windows open all night long and the house is almost chilly in the early a.m.

I am actually looking forward to seeing another Tara/Eugene interaction.  I liked their previous interactions, and the preview looks like there'll be more of that tonight.  Rick/Pete, on the other hand, makes me anxious.

• Love 1

I enjoyed posting live but after a few weeks I realized I was staying up after Talking Dead to watch the rebroadcast because I felt I was missing things.  I cut out live posting a week or so ago, discovered I enjoyed the episode a lot more without the split focus and now I don't live post anymore.  I have to be at work for 7.30am and in fit condition to handle frazzled parents and their infants, staying up until midnight was killing me.

• Love 6

I enjoyed posting live but after a few weeks I realized I was staying up after Talking Dead to watch the rebroadcast because I felt I was missing things.  I cut out live posting a week or so ago, discovered I enjoyed the episode a lot more without the split focus and now I don't live post anymore.  I have to be at work for 7.30am and in fit condition to handle frazzled parents and their infants, staying up until midnight was killing me.

I have to get up at 3 am...The last couple of weeks I haven't been able to turn my brain off so I watch TTD too.  Makes for a loooong week.

The commercials just jolt me out of the show.  With each passing one I get more and more pissed because it seems like there are more commercials than show.  I know that's not true, but it's close.  I wait 20 minutes and just barely get to the end when the actual show does.

• Love 3

Well I am trying something new during the live chat period. I downloaded an app that allows me to set an auto refresh for the page. I am going to use two windows. One with the auto refresh, the other normal. Sign into both, have them side by side. Hopefully I can see all new post in one window while I type in the other. I wonder if the quotes will carry from one window to the other.

• Love 2

Episode synopsis: While trying to secure a new home, Rick and his group face challenges, and question the utopia they find themselves in.

Um, isn't that what they've been doing the past two episodes?

• Love 4

A real snark artist doesn't need a chance to catch up.  ;-P

That said, I couldn't do live chat - not only because commercial interruptions (rampaging Hulk SMASH!!) - but also because I'd be too interested in chat and trying to entertain people there instead of paying enough attention to the show and miss out on stuff.

I know, I know... "you can always re-watch any time you want".  But I like my system.

But that's the whole thing...I cannot watch it twice, stay up through the show, TTD, and the encore presentation. I have to be up at 5 am. So if I watch, then I couldn't see the posts till after work the next day at which point I'm hundreds of comments behind . But during the show I need people to tell me (because of my shitty tv or the confusing stuff or the darkness of some episodes::who is that with Daryl?! What does Maggie have in her hand?! What's that writing there what does it say?! etc. etc.

Um, isn't that what they've been doing the past two episodes?

Isn't that what they did at the quarry and the farm and the prison?

I thought they had 2 modes---looking for a new home; and finding something wrong with the new home.

• Love 3

One hour to wait...

Oh, and I've been meaning to mention it, but those who subscribe to the following cable providers --

AT&T U-verse

bright house

Charter

Xfinity

Cox

Optimum

Time Warner

Verizon FiOS

-- can stream the show live (Eastern time) at http://www.amctv.com/full-episodes/watch-live

All you have to do is log-in. (I'm in the west, and that's how I usually manage to watch 5 times in one night.)

Edited by Raven1707
  • Love 2

Having Father Gabriel being the first character on my TV screen is extremely disconcerting. Tearing pages out of a bible. OOoh. The Drama. Too bad I don't care. Lousy opening. Oh well, the rest of the episode can only improve from here on.

• Love 3

Was there extra clerywear lying around in Alexandria?  I don't think FPP had time to pack an overnight bag.   And why is he setup in a garage?  Wasn't there an actual church there?   And I'd rreally rather hear about where he's been for the past two episodes and how he dissed CDB in his tape.  'Cause you know he punked out like that.

• Love 2

Is he setting up church in a garage when they have an actual church?

Mikey told Carl they have school in a garage...so I guess on Sunday they use it for church. The real church is outside the wall, so maybe that would discourage attendance.

• Love 2

Why is that fool still trying to preach?  He let his flock be eaten.  Did Deanna give him this job?  Not so smart but she is a politician so that bar is pretty low.

Edited by Macbeth
  • Love 4