Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Viewers Like You

Dissy
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Cool stuff! I minored in sociology but also considered criminal justice!

Can you imagine what professors are talking about in classrooms across the nation about journalism in this day and age? Whew! 

I have a friend from college--both of us were journalism majors and we talked about that very subject--how Murrow, Cronkite, Jennings are all rolling in their graves, and how our professors are probably having strokes or heart attacks over what is going on since we graduated-meaning when FUCKING CORPORATIONS bought out all the news stations and it became more about profit and ratings than the actual, you know, NEWS.

FUCK YOU, TED TURNER.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I have a friend from college--both of us were journalism majors and we talked about that very subject--how Murrow, Cronkite, Jennings are all rolling in their graves, and how our professors are probably having strokes or heart attacks over what is going on since we graduated-meaning when FUCKING CORPORATIONS bought out all the news stations and it became more about profit and ratings than the actual, you know, NEWS.

FUCK YOU, TED TURNER.

I couldn't agree more! How times have changed!

• Love 3

Not sure where to put this, so please bear with me...

I've finally decided who's hat I'd like to see thrown in the ring for Resident Conservative on The View.  Lately I've become quite enamored of Tara Setmayer and think she'd be a great candidate for and addition to the show.  Her background is impressive, having worked as the Communications Director for Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA) for seven years, was a regular panelist on the women's issues program "To The Contrary" on PBS for 10 years,  and has appeared on numerous radio programs across the country including ABC Radio Networks, NPR and XM Radio.  She's a regular panelist and contributor on CNN, but lists her employer as ABC News and resides in the NYC area. 

Since her credentials are so stellar, The View might be a comedown for her, however.  Just throwing in my 2 pennies!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Setmayer

Should we draft her?

• Love 5

Glad you like her too, Former Nun.  I value your opinion!  :-)

In addition to TS's credentials, she's a very pleasant person with a modulated smooth voice, and that would go a long way on this show.  I'd be thrilled if she were available and willing to sign on.  She looks good with the other women!

Tara View.jpg

Edited by Tunia
Found a guest co-host pic!
  • Love 3
On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎08 at 9:44 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Thanks y'all. But it's an outpatient surgery, so I won't have to stay overnight in the hospital. Though that would be nice--I wouldn't have to cook! Speaking of which, I need to call my sister and ask her to make me some stuff while I recuperate. Assuming she's going to be in town.

So all is good? I have been away. 

Why didn’t my surgeon gimme drugs???? Sure I was numbed and awake while she snipped off the “ears” and sutured me up (but the sticker numbing me HURT AND BURNED like Blazes), but once the numbness wore off, I could feel the pain. I chased the pain yesterday when I got to the office with Ibuprofen so I was okay for about six hours. Last night took Tylenol PM, but all that did was knock me out so’s I could sleep. Woke up a bit ago to pain. My waist feels like it’s on ?. Just popped some ibuprofen so hopefully it will kick in soon.

At least I know my OBGYN will gimme good drugs for after the surgery. 

• Love 8

Ibuprofen seems to be doing the trick. I wouldn’t have been able to get anything stronger as whatever my surgeon prescribed would have been a narcotic and I’d have to pick up the script and the office is closed today.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Ibuprofen seems to be doing the trick. I wouldn’t been able to get anything stronger as whatever my surgeon prescribed would have been a narcotic and I’d have to pick up the script and the office is closed today.

Ibuprofen is my "go to" drug for whatever (minimal) pain I experience.  Nothing else works as well for me & Ibu doesn't leave me constipated.

• Love 1
On 12/12/2017 at 5:14 PM, Former Nun said:

But guys (GHScorpiosRule and LexyTheBlasian)...I used to want to fuck Ted Turner.  You write like it's a bad thing.

bahahahahah! Too dam funny.  IDK, you might have to take down Jane Fonda first, she talks that he's a perk so to speak hah

On 12/14/2017 at 10:06 PM, Tunia said:

Not sure where to put this, so please bear with me...

I've finally decided who's hat I'd like to see thrown in the ring for Resident Conservative on The View.  Lately I've become quite enamored of Tara Setmayer and think she'd be a great candidate for and addition to the show.  Her background is impressive, having worked as the Communications Director for Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA) for seven years, was a regular panelist on the women's issues program "To The Contrary" on PBS for 10 years,  and has appeared on numerous radio programs across the country including ABC Radio Networks, NPR and XM Radio.  She's a regular panelist and contributor on CNN, but lists her employer as ABC News and resides in the NYC area. 

Since her credentials are so stellar, The View might be a comedown for her, however.  Just throwing in my 2 pennies!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Setmayer

Should we draft her?

I like it!  Good find!

• Love 3
On 12/15/2017 at 5:18 PM, Tunia said:

Glad you like her too, Former Nun.  I value your opinion!  :-)

In addition to TS's credentials, she's a very pleasant person with a modulated smooth voice, and that would go a long way on this show.  I'd be thrilled if she were available and willing to sign on.  She looks good with the other women!

Tara View.jpg

I'm late to the party but Tara Setmayer would be an excellent addition to the show. I don't agree with much of her stances politically, but she knows her stuff.

• Love 3

Sorry for the late response, but thanks @deaja and @Medicine Crow--since the office/clinic was closed on Saturday, it wouldn't have been possible to get a script. Maybeee if I went to the ER, but the last time I went there, I got hit with a an obscene copay when I didn't even get to see the doctor, just a here's a blankie to put under you if your drain continues to leak and some extra sterile dressings. Had I known to do that (this was back in February after my second mastectomy and when my drain started leaking), I would have stayed at home. 

Anyhoo, it seems the pain was an aberration as yesterday there was no pain; still tender and now itchy, which means the areas are healing. I can remove the clear adhesive, and the white strip will remain and come off by themselves. So I'm good with Aleve, Advil alternating combo.

I think Saturday's pain is like...and I said this somewhere else, when you work out? But the sore muscles and pain don't make themselves known until the next day. I'm more concerned with healing after the surgery next week.

• Love 7

Thank  you Everyone for the kindness to my sister.  There is no news yet on her brainwave test.  No  news is good news right?  Or my parents are sitting there in shock and stunned and not wanting to talk about it yet.  Im very worried, been blowing up their phones hah, call me dammit!  Hee. Ok thanks again for the blessings for Linda, please don't stop.  I don't mean to be a downer but about 8 yrs ago I had a surgery and of course almost died. I firmly believe all the prayer groups, circles, and just individuals helped to bring me back. I just want to help her with all options available and I know this helps.  Thanks again.  P.S.  GHScorpiosRule, I hope you're doing/feeling better too.

• Love 11

Heres an update, they did the brainwave test but were not in all day to discuss it with my folks.  My dads BP was threw the roof and my mom is holding to a 'no news is good news' mantra.  Which I guess I am too.  Will let you know when I find out more.  Thank you so much everybody, I aappreciate it so much.  PS, if you live in the Denver area, please stay off the road, it is a sheet of ice!  Be careful.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, General Days said:

Still praying for you and your family, Tammee.

GHScorpiosRule, holding a thought that you'll heal well and quickly.

Thanks General, and everyone for helping my sister.  She's doing better.  The halo is off, eating. Sleeping a lot from the anti seizure meds.  Doesn't recognize my mom and dad but somehow knows they are there to take care of her and protect her.  Has to do some rehab to get stronger before can go back to her facility.  Ditto for GHScorpiosRule, rest and recover, get better soon

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Tammee said:

Thanks General, and everyone for helping my sister.  She's doing better.  The halo is off, eating. Sleeping a lot from the anti seizure meds.  Doesn't recognize my mom and dad but somehow knows they are there to take care of her and protect her.  Has to do some rehab to get stronger before can go back to her facility.

So glad to hear the much better news, @TAMMEE. Hope she continues to improve. Hugs.

• Love 2

Glad your sister is doing better, Tammee.

And thanks for everyone's well wishes. I still have the danged stitches at my waist from the snip!snip! of the dog ears, but the surgery to remove ovaries and cervix is day after tomorrow and I'll be MIA until I've recovered from that. In the meantime, I have Original RECIPE! Hawaii Five-0 and Psych to keep me company.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

giphy.gif

• Love 8

GHScorpiosRule,  I have a heck of a time with your handle.  Did you ever watch farscape?  The was an awesome villain called Scorpious, and thats what I keep wanting to put lol!  Farscape would be the perfect show to binge while laid up recovering.

2 hours ago, Tammee said:

GHScorpiosRule,  I have a heck of a time with your handle.  Did you ever watch farscape?  The was an awesome villain called Scorpious, and thats what I keep wanting to put lol!  Farscape would be the perfect show to binge while laid up recovering.

Watched a few episode when it was on the air; not my cuppa. My handle is fairly simple:

GH= General Hospital

Scorpios= Robert!FUCKING!Scorpio!

Anna Devane Scorpio 

Robin Scorpio-Drake

Rule=Rule!!!??

B83B34E6-0AD2-44FA-8432-81B252D832DA.jpeg

EF7DA400-894E-435A-A5FF-5CF6F1A6A781.jpeg

8DCB44BD-0C5D-42CB-AA74-B5603CD55C0A.jpeg

609172A1-B275-41D2-8BE0-02C58A1ED788.jpeg

When the show was good, they Fucking RULED!!!??? And still do!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, 17wheatthins said:

But what about Duke Lavery? He was one of my first full-on crushes! 

IMG_2173.JPG

Oh I liked Duke too, but for me it’s Robert and Anna. And I fell for Wee Robin the second she showed up. Plus the Scorpios haven’t been fucked over character wise; but alas, Duke’s character was massacred.????

6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Watched a few episode when it was on the air; not my cuppa. My handle is fairly simple:

GH= General Hospital

Scorpios= Robert!FUCKING!Scorpio!

Anna Devane Scorpio 

Robin Scorpio-Drake

Rule=Rule!!!??

B83B34E6-0AD2-44FA-8432-81B252D832DA.jpeg

EF7DA400-894E-435A-A5FF-5CF6F1A6A781.jpeg

8DCB44BD-0C5D-42CB-AA74-B5603CD55C0A.jpeg

609172A1-B275-41D2-8BE0-02C58A1ED788.jpeg

When the show was good, they Fucking RULED!!!??? And still do!

Hee gotcha! He always was a good looking guy.  Nothing better than the Luke/Scorp team.  I watched back in the day,  then hooked on Days for the last 20+ years.  I always take credit for inventing the vcr.  I would have my mother turn on a tape recorder (remember those?)  and I would listen to it after high school

2 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

I knew you were good people, GHSR! I hope you're feeling better!! :-)

GHSR! That's bloody Brilliant! Why didnt I think of that  :)  I love it, thats the answer.  Good on ya 17WT!

15 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Surgery is tomorrow morning, so I’ll be offline until next year.?

See What I did there?

Hope y’all have a Happy New Year!

Thinking of you!

19 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Thanks everyone for all your well wishes. Made it through A-Okay and spent the past five days just sleeping, taking meds and spending my awake hours with Shawn and Gus.

Hope everyone had a nice New Year.

Glad to hear everything went well!!  (Nothing like good meds, sleep & TV!!)  Here's to healing quickly.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Thanks everyone for all your well wishes. Made it through A-Okay and spent the past five days just sleeping, taking meds and spending my awake hours with Shawn and Gus.

That's awesome Scorp!

Note to self: not a good idea to watch Shawn and Gus antics that inevitably ALWAYS make you ???????? when recovering from surgery as it makes the tummy ache even more. Thanks to good druuuugs and holding hand against the area, it is not so bad.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So glad to hear your good news. Happy New Year GHSCORPIOSRULE.

• Love 3

From Week of 01/08/2018

5 minutes ago, Catnip said:

YES!  I may be going through chemo soon and found myself researching that particular wig style. Truthfully, I'd never wear a long-haired wig,. 

Good Luck! And if you haven't already, contact your local Lolly Locks. They have wigs using real hair and it's free for chemo recipients. They will work with you to find who sells real hair wigs and they will work with you until you are happy with whatever wig you want.

• Love 6