Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Just saw a FB post from Tim. He's moved away from the Rod Pod to some city. He's vague on details, but he's renting his house ATM. Very interesting. 

What? This could be excellent news. 

• Like 8

Timothy’s post:

Hello! Well, to get on here and say the last couple months have been a roller coaster would be an understatement. Just to name some; got another job, started my new job earlier than expected, sold a business, started another business, packed up my house, listed my house for rent, then moved, all while in the process of trying to plan a honeymoon and wedding (although most of the wedding planning was done by Heidi’s family). Anyway all that to stay I believe I am exactly where God wants me, and sometimes I believe He makes it uncomfortable to realize you need to make a change. I am so blessed by His abundance of grace and mercy and guidance in my life, and that by this job change we will be much better suited to put money aside to continue my aviation training for my future goal of mission aviation. 

Isaiah 41:10 KJV
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Romans 8:28 KJV
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Philippians 4:7 KJV
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Hope you all have a very blessed evening, and remember sometimes when your life is the most chaotic remember He always has it under control. Also remember to always follow me and Heidi as we start a new chapter of our lives. 😁

2 of the pictures he posted:

IMG_7846.jpeg

IMG_7847.jpeg

5 minutes after he posted Jill replied.

IMG_7848.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 8
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

His house was listed for rent 5 days ago. $1,200 per month.

Seems extremely high for that area, but otherwise, good for him! NYC??

• Like 10

He really shouldn’t have posted the pictures. There were a few and I now have information no one should have. Let me be clear, I didn’t want the info but it’s obvious where he gets the train, where he gets off the train, and (possibly) the location of the building he works in. I kind of want to message him.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

He really shouldn’t have posted the pictures. There were a few and I now have information no one should have. Let me be clear, I didn’t want the info but it’s obvious where he gets the train, where he gets off the train, and (possibly) the location of the building he works in. I kind of want to message him.

He posted it publicly, you haven’t done anything wrong. He could’ve chosen to post it only for friends and family, but he chose to post publicly 🤷‍♀️

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

Agh. All the words in one place: ladies, refreshing, encouraging, sweet, godly, sharing, fellowship, like minded, yummy, and coffee. 

The designer of this brochure shares Jill's passion for graphic design and her  conviction that no font shall be left behind.

• LOL 17

Wow. Tim. Leaving Mamho behind in Wooster.

I thought his burden of mission aviation was at the bottom of a deep lake, but maybe not. We'll see how that goes. Tim and Heidi are off for an adventure, and I wish them luck. 

• Like 19
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

He posted it publicly, you haven’t done anything wrong. He could’ve chosen to post it only for friends and family, but he chose to post publicly 🤷‍♀️

I know but I feel like he doesn’t know any better. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I know but I feel like he doesn’t know any better. 

He should by now, especially given his Mahmo’s exploits. He knows how to use FB, I think. 

but I just re-read your post, and Jill replied only 5 MINUTES after Tim posted it all? She truly is online ALL THE DAMN TIME. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 12
  • Mind Blown 3
2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Living near Philly and commuting? Or are we sure he's in NYC?

That seemed a bit unclear from his captions. It could be he took the train to somewhere in NYC maybe for training. But had a bit of time between trains, went outside, took a few pics and got some food.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

Honestly, even the fact that he took a train to New York alone is a big step for him. I really do hope that his soon-to-be in-laws can deprogram him. Nobody deserves what his parents have done to him, no matter how awful their beliefs. 

• Like 13
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Agh. All the words in one place: ladies, refreshing, encouraging, sweet, godly, sharing, fellowship, like minded, yummy, and coffee. 

The designer of this brochure shares Jill's passion for graphic design and her  conviction that no font shall be left behind.

I just don't get why they call each other ladies instead of women. 

• Like 4
(edited)

Because ladies are delicate creatures who know they need to sip tea, highlight their Bibles and let the manly gentlemen do all the hard thinking bits. Women have the bad habit of having jobs and ideas and lives of their own. 

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 8
  • LOL 16
1 hour ago, lianau said:

Ladies was/is the term used in England to refer to a female of a certain social rank- also one of the titles over there ‘Lady Diana before she married Charles, for example’.  Ladies do not bother themselves with the worries of everyday life- that’s for their spouses.  Women ‘bring home the bacon and fry it up in the pan’.  These people are 100 years behind the times. 

• Like 5

Whhoa, Tim moved closer to Heidi's family and dumped the house that was close to Mahmo.   He is realizing what a real family looks like, not the mess of his life with Jill and David all revolving around appeasing Jill and competing with his siblings for attention.   

Lots of people commute Philly to NYC.   I hope he doesn't find it too overwhelming given his cloistered life.

• Like 13
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Living near Philly and commuting? Or are we sure he's in NYC?

Looked like he was at a NJ train station. 

2 hours ago, lianau said:

Thank you! I was beginning to think I was the only one 😆.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Was this written in the 1930s?    How racist can they get?   Don't answer that.

One of my uncles was a Lutheran missionary in Papua New Guinea for over 35 years.  He started in 1958.  He talked about some tribal customs, but never mentioned encounters with cannibals or head hunters.  He loved it there and enjoyed his work and made some good friends. And he spoke fluent Pigeon.  But then, he did not tend to be overly dramatic or spice up stories.

• Like 13
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

Looked like he was at a NJ train station. 

Thank you! I was beginning to think I was the only one 😆.

Hadn't seen the pictures yet. Yeah, looks like NJ Transit into NYC. I wonder how far he has to drive to the train station? That's a big commute, probably 1 1/2 hours each way. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

I just want to know what kind of work Tim's doing in New York, if in fact he is. It's not as if he comes pre-loaded with useful skills. 

I was thinking the same thing. Like are we sure this is a good thing? Did he get fooled into something that is impossible to make money from?

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

Newark Airport? What job would Tim be qualified for? Can't be anything to do with planes as I don't think having a small plane private pilot license qualifies him for anything. Security would be a big nope. So working in a shop or restaurant? Facility maintenance?

• Like 3
  • Useful 6
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Newark Airport? What job would Tim be qualified for? Can't be anything to do with planes as I don't think having a small plane private pilot license qualifies him for anything. Security would be a big nope. So working in a shop or restaurant? Facility maintenance?

Maintenance would be my guess. Maybe someone with airport/airline experience could let us know what types of possible jobs he would qualify for. I'm sure there are many positions that "civilians" aren't even aware of.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4

Maybe ground crew that does baggage handling? That's what popped into my mind. But good for him for getting away from Jill and hopefully making a decent life for himself and Heidi near her family. Now if he could just break away from the hateful and misogynistic religion. Pipe dream, I know.

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Maybe ground crew that does baggage handling? That's what popped into my mind. But good for him for getting away from Jill and hopefully making a decent life for himself and Heidi near her family. Now if he could just break away from the hateful and misogynistic religion. Pipe dream, I know.

I thought ground crew initially, but I'm not sure Tim is physically cut out for that.

Maybe Tim will end up Fundy-lite. Still narrowminded, but less self-righteous and judgmental.

• Like 10
27 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I thought ground crew initially, but I'm not sure Tim is physically cut out for that.

He just did one of those crazy iron man races or something like it. He would probably do well.

My niece did ground crew work at an airport. High school education, not a very physically strong person. She drove one of those little vehicles that pull the luggage from the terminals to the planes and tossed luggage on the conveyor.

It was a union job if I remember correctly.

• Like 8
  • Useful 12
(edited)
7 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

He just did one of those crazy iron man races or something like it. He would probably do well.

My niece did ground crew work at an airport. High school education, not a very physically strong person. She drove one of those little vehicles that pull the luggage from the terminals to the planes and tossed luggage on the conveyor.

That is right and he does seem to be in pretty good shape. My cousin's ex was a baggage handler and he wasn't exactly Mr. Muscles. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 3
  • Useful 5
9 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I had a cousin who did the same; pay was very good, decent benefits and a retirement plan.  A very good job for someone like Tim who has virtually no skills or education.

• Like 17
(edited)

I don't think he was worried about being close to mama. If she can say save face by saying he is married to a lovely girl and is pursuing his aviation ministry dreams on the grift tour stops, Jill will accept that.

It is a shame he bought that overpriced house in Ohio though.

Newark would be close to Heidi's family and seems under the Port Authority.

Tim never said they were moving to NYC. He only showed a few pics of a train, station and lunch in the city. So HR and background check maybe?

My DIL had to go to another state for that with her last job change. It is in Michigan, but the parent company and HR are not.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 3
  • Useful 6
44 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

But why not a job like that at a closer airport? Why not Philly if he wanted to be near Heidi's family? Or Cleveland if he wanted to be closer to Mahmo? 

That's where I am confused.

Airport job is still a guess but looking at the stats there would be more openings in Newark than in Philadelphia. Per Wikipedia, in 2022 Newark served 43.4 million passengers while Philadelphia handled 12.4 million passengers. They ranked 12th and 21st in the country.

• Useful 6
9 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I don't think he was worried about being close to mama. If she can say save face by saying he is married to a lovely girl and is pursuing his aviation ministry dreams on the grift tour stops Jill will accept that.

It is a shame he bought that overpriced house in Ohio though.

Newark would be close to Heidi's family and seems under the Port Authority.

Tim never said they were moving to NYC. He only showed a few pics of a train, station and lunch in the city. So HR and background check maybe?

My DIL had to go to another state for that with her last job change. It is in Michigan, but the parent company and HR are not.

I never claimed he was moving to NYC. I just figured that Philly was much closer to Levittown than Newark, which is basically suburban NYC, and the other end of the state. I'm sure Philly has job openings in baggage handling, etc. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Lots of good jobs in airports that don't require college degree.   Baggage handler as noted, or driving the luggage carts.   Wouldn't be plane maintenance because that requires certification.   But even driving people to the gates on the carts would be something he could do. And no shame in doing the more physical jobs.   They pay well and he can care for a family.   It is also a J.O.B. with set hours and a regular paycheck.   Which puts him ahead of his grifting parents.

I just hope its not TSA.   Tim is not someone who should be given power over others.   He does not know how to use it responsibly thanks to his upbringing.  

Renting out his Ohio house makes good sense.   That should cover the mortgage and real estate isn't a bad thing to have.   

• Like 11
53 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

But why not a job like that at a closer airport? Why not Philly if he wanted to be near Heidi's family? Or Cleveland if he wanted to be closer to Mahmo? 

That's where I am confused.

I think Tim has come to realize that living near Mahmo is not good for him and would be even worse for Heidi and their relationship.

Newark is way closer to Heidi's family than Wooster. Maybe Heidi wants to be close to her parents but not so close they could drop by daily.

It could be that Tim knows someone who works at Newark who was able to recommend him for a job or maybe this was the place that was hiring.

I think it would be good for both of them and their impending marriage for their parents not to be right on top of them questioning everything they do or say.

• Like 15
4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I never claimed he was moving to NYC. I just figured that Philly was much closer to Levittown than Newark, which is basically suburban NYC, and the other end of the state. I'm sure Philly has job openings in baggage handling, etc. 

I'm sorry, I did not mean directed as if you said that. Just that we as a group we should not assume that NYC was where they were moving from the few pictures shown.

• Like 4

I wonder if Heidi talked to him out of living too close to Jill and sticking closer to her family? I mean, they had gotten a house already! Or after seeing how her family is, he decided to "get out of Dodge"? It also could have been a mutual decision, perhaps prompted if he were offered a good job. 

I'd like to think Heidi told him no. 

• Like 11
38 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I'm sorry, I did not mean directed as if you said that. Just that we as a group we should not assume that NYC was where they were moving from the few pictures shown.

We as a group are also made up of individuals, so I don’t think a group consensus is necessary, with all due respect.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, AstridM said:

We as a group are also made up of individuals, so I don’t think a group consensus is necessary, with all due respect.

agree - again I apologize

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I, for one, hope the job is real.

I'm thinking renting Tim's OH home for over $1000 is kind of steep. Does anyone know of typical rents in that area?

I’m in SW Ohio, so hours away, but it seems like he’s asking too much for his dinky house near Mahmo. I will be surprised if he’s able to rent it for what he’s asking. 

• Thanks 2
  • Useful 5
25 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm thinking renting Tim's OH home for over $1000 is kind of steep. Does anyone know of typical rents in that area?

$1200 is cheaper from what I have seen in our area(Iowa). A house two down from us is a rental and it goes for $2250 a month. Another one around the corner is $2100. Granted, these are 3 bedroom 2 1/2 baths and finished basements. Other houses that are probably around Tim's house size, are anywhere from $1500-$1800.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 6