Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Minivanessa said:

I'm reading a book written by a former high-ranking MLM consultant that is a behind the scenes look at that world. Jill's enthusiastic posts about her stupid Plexus convention in Las Vegas are all the more interesting, the more I read. The book is "Hey, Hun" by Emily Lynn Paulson.

It's not that I'm learning anything big about MLMs that I hadn't heard before, but this is a narrative of a woman who was recruited into an MLM and, unlike most recruits, built a big team and did well financially. At least for awhile. I'm early in the book and the insider perspective is keeping my interest. I checked the e-book out from our public library. Not sure I'd have bought it but I'm glad to be reading it.

Coincidentally, I'm listening to the audiobook version - and same, nothing much I didn't know, but the true behind-the-scenes and relationships she describes are pretty interesting.  

Are there any well-known Plexus huns?  I know of a couple of the high ranking folks in other MLMs but has Plexus spit out any mega-huns?

(No jill, you aren't one.)

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Coincidentally, I'm listening to the audiobook version - and same, nothing much I didn't know, but the true behind-the-scenes and relationships she describes are pretty interesting.  

Are there any well-known Plexus huns?  I know of a couple of the high ranking folks in other MLMs but has Plexus spit out any mega-huns?

(No jill, you aren't one.)

Aren't a couple of the Sister Wives high up jewels in Plexus? I'm pretty sure I saw Janelle in Vegas. 

• Like 7
12 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Aren't a couple of the Sister Wives high up jewels in Plexus? I'm pretty sure I saw Janelle in Vegas. 

You're right!  I always forget about them, and we have talked about the possibility of Jill running into them/avoiding them at convention here!  Huge "duh" moment for me.  I still can't believe one of them is shilling Lularoe in 2024.  

Have any of the other Fundie Families in Snarkland done MLM?  I think we determined one of the Jed! wives just started one, right?  

• Like 7
7 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

You're right!  I always forget about them, and we have talked about the possibility of Jill running into them/avoiding them at convention here!  Huge "duh" moment for me.  I still can't believe one of them is shilling Lularoe in 2024.  

Have any of the other Fundie Families in Snarkland done MLM?  I think we determined one of the Jed! wives just started one, right?  

Abby is doing Monat.

The sister wives are eyeballs deep.

Karissa Collins sells plexus too.

• Useful 6
23 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Oh I was just thinking of celebs selling Plexus. Of course Meri is still selling Lularoe. To whom is anyone's best guess. 😂

I think Mykelti is into Lularoe, also.  (One of the daughters)

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They are.  However they were ‘celebrities’ before  they sold Plexus.  They have purchasers and recruits that are with them solely to be able to say they mingle with the Sister Wives. That celebrity status  will only last for a few more years and then they will lose followers.   Jill has never really been a celebrity - just orbiting the Duggars.  So I don’t see her rising much further in the Plexus ranks.   She just doesn’t have the popularity she needs for that. 

• Like 12
4 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I’d love to see a full photo of Heidi at the beach ( that was just a snippet in the photo above?).  I’d like to see her entire outfit 

Me too!

• Like 3
7 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I think Mykelti is into Lularoe, also.  (One of the daughters)

She gave it up in January. “I’m taking a temporary break for my family and my personal health.” She’s still on that break.

• Useful 7
  • LOL 1

I wonder if it's possible Heidi and Tim are playing a deep game and they're currently talking skirts only so they don't have to listen to Jill's mouth.  Then after the wedding, more normal clothing will slowly appear.  

• Like 9
  • Useful 3

She filmed herself cleaning the house.  Seriously.  The ‘girls’ were gone to vacation Bible school.  The attic is now guest quarters.  Just how many bedrooms are in that place that she can dedicate a room to occasional visitors?    

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
21 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I wonder if it's possible Heidi and Tim are playing a deep game and they're currently talking skirts only so they don't have to listen to Jill's mouth.  Then after the wedding, more normal clothing will slowly appear.  

If nothing else, claiming that Heidi is going to change her wicked ways as soon as they are married does keep Jill from complaining, but, if Heidi doesn't feel it is immodest or sinful to wear pants or a swimsuit now, what exactly changes once she's married?  I can see her agreeing to this nonsense now, but, once reality sets in, she realizes that wearing pants and regular swimwear are just easier and reverts to her baseline.  Maybe she'll wear dresses more often in situations where it doesn't matter, but I find it hard to believe that she will be swimming in a denim skirt like the Rods.

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

My guess is Heidi's suit is something like this.

image.png.4ce0335225abfe816524dbd9084d15a5.png

My own swimsuit is somewhat similar to this, a little more cleavage though.  You can actually buy something like this in a regular store.  Land's End has dozens of options.

• Like 10
20 minutes ago, Notabug said:

If nothing else, claiming that Heidi is going to change her wicked ways as soon as they are married does keep Jill from complaining, but, if Heidi doesn't feel it is immodest or sinful to wear pants or a swimsuit now, what exactly changes once she's married?  I can see her agreeing to this nonsense now, but, once reality sets in, she realizes that wearing pants and regular swimwear are just easier and reverts to her baseline.  Maybe she'll wear dresses more often in situations where it doesn't matter, but I find it hard to believe that she will be swimming in a denim skirt like the Rods.

My own swimsuit is somewhat similar to this, a little more cleavage though.  You can actually buy something like this in a regular store.  Land's End has dozens of options.

I would wear that swimsuit. The one I have is a dress but it has thin straps. I don't swim very much but if I did, that one would be really nice. 

• Like 13

Heidi may also be thinking "As a married lady I should dress more grown up and that means dresses."    But they put a huge loophole in there for "expect when not appropriate."     It might also be her family is being kind to Tim and not trying to force change on him too much at once.     Like, okay dresses, sure.   Then gradually more pants appear and lightning doesn't strike so he realizes that's okay.    Then a swimsuit to swim in clean water, etc.  ...

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I wish. 

• Like 6

Heidi seems to wear dresses or skirts most of the time.

What was the wording when Timothy felt need to tell people about their decision she would wear modest skirts or dresses except.... can't remember the wording...except when it wasn't practical or something.

Maybe Heidi doesn't think a full length skirt and 2 or 3 shirts is practical for swimming. Timothy has certainly been wearing board shorts and a tee for swimming for many years.

• Like 5
16 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

What was the wording when Timothy felt need to tell people about their decision she would wear modest skirts or dresses except.... can't remember the wording...except when it wasn't practical or something.

Part of the post:

IMG_7063.jpeg

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

Part of the post:

IMG_7063.jpeg

What a strange collection of non-sentences!  Apparently, JRod didn't have the kids diagram sentences and Tim is unaware of the importance of the noun in addition to the verb and doesn't understand how to use prepositional phrases.  

• Like 10
  • LOL 8

I'm not sure why Heidi needs another shirt under that already modest top. It's not making a difference. The swim skirt is too long for actual swimming, but maybe she's OK with just splashing around. At least the fabrics look appropriate for water, and she won't sink to the bottom of a swimming pool. 

• Like 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Shit, at the rate Jill's going she'll be wearing a bikini before Heidi ever will.

image.png.e6de7ad60fda33ddf3807b5378ffaf36.pngimage.png.1b469ccb307bc7d72925aa882607c93e.pngimage.png.ca8c5e72facaa241951bdf291570b37f.png

If I had to wear any of these three outfits in public, I'd just stay home and hide under the bed. It's hard to decide which is the worst. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 11
  • LOL 12

@ginger90

I asked for the photos. I’m not as impressed once I’ve seen the entire outfit.  Although she does at least show her shoulders. Skirt is too long for actual swimming - so she must only go  wading 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm not sure why Heidi needs another shirt under that already modest top. It's not making a difference. The swim skirt is too long for actual swimming, but maybe she's OK with just splashing around. At least the fabrics look appropriate for water, and she won't sink to the bottom of a swimming pool. 

I wonder if it’s a sports bra underneath.  I know some lifeguards who do because their suits have no bra cups or shelf bras built in, and they want some coverage.  The style top that Heidi’s wearing, though, typically has some type of bra sewn in.

• Like 10
5 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

She filmed herself cleaning the house.  Seriously.  The ‘girls’ were gone to vacation Bible school.  The attic is now guest quarters.  Just how many bedrooms are in that place that she can dedicate a room to occasional visitors?    

Guest quarters, my ass.  This bitch really thinks she’s something special, doesn’t she?

• Applause 1
  • LOL 8
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Shit, at the rate Jill's going she'll be wearing a bikini before Heidi ever will.

image.png.e6de7ad60fda33ddf3807b5378ffaf36.pngimage.png.1b469ccb307bc7d72925aa882607c93e.pngimage.png.ca8c5e72facaa241951bdf291570b37f.png

Outfit #2 is awful, but the Reynolds Wrap dress is the worst IMO.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, Notabug said:

What a strange collection of non-sentences!  Apparently, JRod didn't have the kids diagram sentences and Tim is unaware of the importance of the noun in addition to the verb and doesn't understand how to use prepositional phrases.  

After reading the “Heidi and me” sentence situation… Can’t. Stop. Twitching. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 12
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Guest quarters, my ass.  This bitch really thinks she’s something special, doesn’t she?

She might as well just call it Nurie's room. The Nathan Keller family are the only guests who seem to stay over night.

• Like 12
On 6/24/2024 at 9:21 AM, crazy8s said:

so dave brought all the females who live at home but not Gabriel. I wonder if Gabriel was allowed to get an "EXCEPTIONAL" job this summer to earn money in preparation for the burden of a wife, or more likely, the burden of contributing to the "make mama happy fund" with the other guys.

Maybe there is a reason the girls can no longer be left alone with the boys.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Outfit #2 is awful, but the Reynolds Wrap dress is the worst IMO.

I can't decide which is worse--this dress or Michelle Duggar's Tin Man dress with the modesty panel added to cover up to the top of her neck.  She wore it for at least one wedding. Neither should ever be worn in public and both were worn for "special" occasions.

• Like 9
2 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Maybe there is a reason the girls can no longer be left alone with the boys.

Gabriel could have been with them but didn't merit a mention from Jill since he isn't one of the girlies or the besties group.

• Like 6
(edited)
51 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Going up the top? 😳🤡

Like anyone who posts, she should proofread before hitting "send", but she can't recognize the mistakes, so she can't correct anything.  I'm sure she thinks her posts are just perfect. Her lack of knowledge of grammar and sentence structure is how we ended up with "lord Daniel".  And she "homeschooled" all her children. (sigh)

Edited by CalicoKitty
my cat was helping me type
  • Like 15
(edited)

So Jill spent, what $1000+ to go to Vegas and get pumped up to sell?!

I'm guessing the spiel they put out is always the same bullshit. Using the same buzzwords until they're embedded into the attendees' brains, reciting their own 'success' stories, doing the required fake bonding and rah-rahing until the pink cows come home, to get them psyched up. 

Then the top tier boss babes go home to their pools and crash, while the lower tier wanna be(s) go home, buy more products and jump on SM like they're on crack.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 17

Jill made a video with “the girls.”  Apparently when she gets tired of her clothes, she passes them on to the girls.  She laid the clothes on her bed and then called the girls in to choose which items they want.  Now we know for sure that the girls are wearing BME’s old clothes while Jill buys new ones.  Those girls never get new clothes.  Watch the video.  It’s insane.

• Sad 19
  • Angry 3

That video was sad.  The girls were way too excited to be given a chance to get her hand-me-downs. Scrambling to get to them first.   I don’t see why it mattered since she said they all share the clothes anyway.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 15
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Interestingly in the video Jill, Tessie, Hannah, Olivia and Sadie are all wearing just one normal t-shirt blouse with no modesty shirt under a t-shirt blouse nonsense.

Beginning of the video Dave wandering through, snack in hand. I thought he was probably waiting for them to clear that junk off his bed so he could lay down and watch the bedroom tapestry tv.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 12
  • LOL 4
(edited)
38 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I don't want to body shame Jill, because she's honestly not all that big, but compared to her waif thin daughters...her old clothes aren't going to fit them. Jill has a bigger chest and abdomen from years of having children, plus she seems to eat regular meals, neither of which her non-married daughters have or do. That whole hand me down video was sad on many levels. 

maybe if they wear it as their 3rd or 4th modesty layer it might not look so many sizes too large for them

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 2
  • Sad 10
  • Useful 1