Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, AstridM said:

So, yet another of their once a year vacations?

There is a ticket limit per family which the Rods would exceed. So if the other kids went, they were left in the bus. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

There is a ticket limit per family which the Rods would exceed. So if the other kids went, they were left in the bus. 

I think it said each family would get at least 10. jill probably finagled a few extra if Tim, Phillip, Kaylee and Jonathan all had to go along.

• Like 5

She's between looking like one of the Golden Girls and a drag queen (my sincere apologies to the Girls and queens).  What part of her thinks that is even remotely appropriate to wear to a graduation of any kind?  She needs to get out of her "Amish" country.  I think the flies have gotten to her.  

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 16
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The max was 10. But you're right. If Jill wants something, there's no stopping her. 

Can't you just picture her standing out in front of the auditorium yelling "anyone have extra tickets? I need 6 more tickets!"😂  

• LOL 12
25 minutes ago, sixlets said:

She's between looking like one of the Golden Girls and a drag queen (my sincere apologies to the Girls and queens).  What part of her thinks that is even remotely appropriate to wear to a graduation of any kind?  She needs to get out of her "Amish" country.  I think the flies have gotten to her.  

It’s plexus, it rotted her brain completely.

But hey her gut is healthy.

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

A Mennonite cosplayer named Brianna (Brianne?). She attends Nathan's church in Florida. They last met up over Memorial Day weekend at a young adults conference in MO. Renee acted as chaperone.

Thanks.  I saw the "bicycle trip" picture, but I did not know for sure that she was courting Sam.  I hope that outfit was for Jill's benefit, and not Sam's.

• Like 4
57 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Thanks.  I saw the "bicycle trip" picture, but I did not know for sure that she was courting Sam.  I hope that outfit was for Jill's benefit, and not Sam's.

There were three separate pictures of them sitting together at group meals. It was obvious something was up. 😀

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Oh dear. That metallic is not flattering at all.

RDT_20240608_2218296971610640164581685.jpg

I guess the filters were overwhelmed or Jill wasn’t in control of this photo. In what kind of mirror did she look in to think this was appropriate or flattering?

• Like 12
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

I guess the filters were overwhelmed or Jill wasn’t in control of this photo. In what kind of mirror did she look in to think this was appropriate or flattering?

It makes her look bigger than I think she is. Or maybe I'm just used to filtered photos? 

• Like 17

The Rod's are performing this morning at Gospel Light Baptist Church. This is the church that took them to Goodwill last time and let them buy everything they needed and even things they just wanted. Where dave admitted the took gov covid money to build the barndo addition etc.

It is also the one where the pastor said some of the people in the congregation wanted other musical folks because they didn't like the rods music.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 22
16 hours ago, Fosca said:

I've seen wet suits that weren't that tight.  I wonder if she believes her own Plexus hype/filtered pictures and thinks she's a skinny little thing.

Yes she does.   She thinks she is the size in her pictures rather than the size she actually is.   Which nothing wrong with the size she actually is.   That dress would look better if it were the right size.   Of course its cheap material and that doesn't help either.   The right size and good material and that dress would have been lovely -- if a little much for the ocassion.   

A limit of 10 tickets would not stop Jill.   She and the crew would just walk right in.  Rules are for the people Jill judges not her.   Besides what are they going to do, try to stop the juggernaut of Rods pushing through?   

The kids most definitely know they are being laughed at.   But they also know they can't stop Mahmo, so they just band together and pretend they are each other's best friends.   

Could have done without the picture of Jill and Dave kissing.   I was eating breakfast.

• Like 12
  • LOL 7
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill looks as if she's fearing for her life as she takes the first step down the stairs. 

Well, she's wearing stilettos that she normally doesn't wear, so I get it. She probably had trouble walking, period.

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

https://www.thedressoutlet.com/products/r-m-richards-mother-of-the-bride-long-dress-7472w?variant=40047365455933

somebody found the dress 

$100 

Maybe that’s what she will wear to Tim’s wedding.

It's kind of pretty in the right size (and way more modest without the modesty whatever that makes it look even tighter). Total overdress for the occasion and this is not Jill's first rodeo. She should know that the dress code is church dress, not prom for Mahmo. Weirdly, though, it's the price that's bugging me. $100 for an ill-fitting, inappropriate dress when the youngest kids still go a-waifing. I don't know why, but it's managing to bug me more than the monthly annual vacations.

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3

The cotton undershirt is killing me. Why did she spend a hundred dollars on a dress she "couldn't" wear and didn't need? Was getting Sam through homeschool such a grueling experience, she had to celebrate by splurging on herself? Her thinking baffles me. 

• Like 18
(edited)
23 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The cotton undershirt is killing me. Why did she spend a hundred dollars on a dress she "couldn't" wear and didn't need? Was getting Sam through homeschool such a grueling experience, she had to celebrate by splurging on herself? Her thinking baffles me. 

But how else would we know that she's the MOST MAHDEST MAHMO EVER???? 🙄

Edited by Salacious Kitty
spelled MAHDEST wrong haha
  • LOL 11

I'm doubting Jill paid for the dress, or at least didn't pay full price. Its clearly a Mother of the Bride dress, so I'm guessing she found it at a goodwill or someone gave it to her.

JillR could always hit up Kelly Jo or Michelle if she likes silver as they both have the artichoke/tinman/Madonna-boob dress. Of course they wore to to actual weddings (KJ twice). 

image.png.e8a1cc62eb391b2399808932a6a80670.png

• Like 6
  • LOL 8
37 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm doubting Jill paid for the dress, or at least didn't pay full price. Its clearly a Mother of the Bride dress, so I'm guessing she found it at a goodwill or someone gave it to her.

I'm thinking this.  Which also might explain why it's too small: she fell in love with it on the hanger and figured if she could squeeze into it she'd be fine.  Or else she believed that she'd lose the excess weight doing all those Plexus resets.

• Like 16
(edited)

When I saw Jill's dress, Michelle's iconic Tin Man outfit came to mind. At least Michelle's modesty panel made sense since the bodice didn't fit her, and it matched the color of the dress, more or less.  

42 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I really hope she didn't spend a lot of money on the graduation outfit. However, Jill has been known to splurge on herself, even when money is tight. She outfitted herself and the older daughters as bridesmaids at Nurie's wedding (the almost-famous Cabbage Dress), new dresses that cost a lot more than Nurie's used gown and the pitiful snacks served at the reception.

download.jpg

Maybe Jill thought she could reuse the silver dress for Tim's wedding. However, after reading the reviews for the graduation gown online, she'll probably change her mind. I'll bet Heidi has something very different in mind for Jill anyway. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 10
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm sure the children demanded that the best Mahmo ever treat herself to a new frock for Sam's graduation and told her to pick something flashy so all eyes were on her as the matriarch of this godly clan.  And, of course, they paid for it.

I don't see Jill as the type who borrows or shops at thrift stores for clothing for herself.  For the kids, of course, but she is much too special to wear someone else' castoffs.  Got to show the world she is Jesus' favorite.

The dress itself might've been flattering had it fit her better, she obviously needed to go a size or two larger.  Not the first time she's worn something that seemed too small for her.  I think Jill has spent such a long time bragging about her amazing skills and thinking she's a fashion icon for the fundie set that she is no longer capable of having any perspective as to what clothing or hair or makeup actually looks like on her.

• Like 16

The shoes are $100 too.

Maybe she did get the outfit for cheap shoes including, but it doesn’t fit her and the event wasn’t for wearing that outfit either. Jill also wore a toe ring as usual. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 5
  • LOL 2

What a vain, selfish person she is.  Someone on Reddit pointed out that Janessa had tap shoes on.  And she's the favorite kid!

Why is "poured into it" considered modest?  Looks rather sluttish to me.

• Like 19
(edited)

I'm really worried about Phillip. In today's church performance, his introduction was scary. He went on about people who "don't love the bible." Then he concluded with his "fun fact," calling himself a "deep thinker." All of this in a deep monotone, absolutely zero personality. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 7
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 15
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The part of Phillip's speech where he rips non-believers a new one.

"...flying fliggety flubheads because they don’t know how to get their head straight and laughing lollipops who let the devil suck their brains out right into hell." Then goes on to say he's a deep thinker. My god, he is in his head, but not in a productive way.

He’s the product of his  environment. A combination of nature and nurture.  Or lack thereof. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 16

Philly best limit his time with mainstream folks because he if actually says shit like that to them, it likely won't end good one of these times. 🤕

• Like 22
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Philly best limit his time with mainstream folks because he if actually says shit like that to them, it likely won't end good one of these times. 🤕

Something isn't quite right there. 

• Like 23
(edited)
8 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

"...flying fliggety flubheads because they don’t know how to get their head straight and laughing lollipops who let the devil suck their brains out right into hell." Then goes on to say he's a deep thinker. My god, he is in his head, but not in a productive way.

I posted Phillip's entire intro earlier.

The audience did an uncomfortable little laugh at the fig head part, but complete silence when he continued with laughing lollipops.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 13
  • Mind Blown 9
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I’ll never forget that song he wrote and sang at the last school he attended.  It was completely off the wall crazy.  That boy needs help.

• Like 1
  • Sad 16

He realized that the Joyful School of Whatever Mahmo says failed him academically and he will never actually be a missionary, hence the monotone.   But he is still expected to be have the goal of being a missionary on the family grift tour because Mahmo thinks that will bring in more donations, hence the "fire" and "brimstone" of flubheads and laughing lollipops.  

It's all acting out because he is stuck with that family with no way out.

• Like 2
  • Sad 12

What I also found interesting on re watching to get Phillip's insane wording right was the reactions of the others.

They all start out watching Phillip, but by the time he is to the laughing lollipops, Renee, Samuel, Gabriel and Tessie are looking at the ground. Kaylee gives a worried look to mama and then to Jonathan.

They all know this is off script and is a problem.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 15
3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

What I also found interesting on re watching to get Phillip's insane wording right was the reactions of the others.

They all start out watching Phillip, but by the time he is to the laughing lollipops, Renee, Samuel, Gabriel and Tessie are looking at the ground. Kaylee gives a worried look to mama and then to Jonathan.

They all know this is off script and is a problem.

Wow. Is he losing it? Has he lost it already? Part of me wonders if he was doing it on purpose, as in he is over all of this and wants to get the hell out. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

Phillip has appeared to be miserable in pictures and videos since he has returned home.  Sullen. I feel like his dreams have been dashed and troubling emotions are setting in.

• Like 5
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 4

Samuel has appeared that way too. In the last year or so he has seemed glum and not into performing for mama and her ever present phone. Suddenly, he finishes schoolin early, finds an "exceptional job" and starts courting.

finishing schoolin was actually not in fact early, but a year late.

• Like 1
  • Sad 16