Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I wonder if it’s ever occurred to Jill that maybe the older kids would like to hang out and ride bikes or whatever without her going with them?  Nah, she’s too self-centered and arrogant to ever think about that.

Come on, SHE is one of the kids too! She is so young looking she could be a sibling! 

• LOL 23
14 hours ago, LilJen said:

I was wondering whether milkmaid was maybe Mennonite? Some orders of Mennonite will dress a sort of “Amish lite.” 

or she just enjoys dressing like a milkmaid in rural Switzerland.

Maybe it’s her seduction outfit???

She looks ridiculous.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
1 minute ago, oliviabenson said:

She looks ridiculous.

She's read up on Jill and her modest dress rules. She's done her research. Hence the Amish wear at the picnic and this milkmaid ridiculousness on the bike ride. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
5 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

She looks ridiculous.

She does. I would give her the head covering. If it is windy and they are riding bikes, it might be good for someone with such long hair. But the apron? WTF is that about? She looks silly. 

• Like 10
46 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I wonder if it’s ever occurred to Jill that maybe the older kids would like to hang out and ride bikes or whatever without her going with them?  Nah, she’s too self-centered and arrogant to ever think about that.

Jill likes to spy on them and leave them no privacy. Jill is a strange person.

• Like 10
  • Sad 3

She may have done her research a little too well. Jill isn't going to like anyone whose "modest" outfit draws more attention than her own.

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
2 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Yea, there is that angle too. She has to make sure they behave and don't start fornicating in the middle of the street with some strangers. 

• LOL 10
22 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She's read up on Jill and her modest dress rules. She's done her research. Hence the Amish wear at the picnic and this milkmaid ridiculousness on the bike ride. 

She may have done her research a little too well. Jill isn't going to like anyone whose "modest" outfit draws more attention than her own.

• Like 3

In the shower photos on FB, there's a video of the girls giving out slices of cake - who is it wearing a very long, white dress that has a back cut out and she's wearing a white tee short under it???  First of all it looks like a second wedding, mother of the bride, or pageant GOWN... and its a teen girl at a daytime, casual event, and wearing a mahdesty tee under? Good grief! 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 4
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

She does. I would give her the head covering. If it is windy and they are riding bikes, it might be good for someone with such long hair. But the apron? WTF is that about? She looks silly. 

Right? She could’ve worn the top and the skirt without the ridiculous apron and been just as mahdest.

• Like 6
(edited)
3 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

Ignore. Not sure why I got two quote boxes. 🤪

3 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

In the shower photos on FB, there's a video of the girls giving out slices of cake - who is it wearing a very long, white dress that has a back cut out and she's wearing a white tee short under it???  First of all it looks like a second wedding, mother of the bride, or pageant GOWN... and its a teen girl at a daytime, casual event, and wearing a mahdesty tee under? Good grief! 

I forgot Brianne looked fairly normal at the shower. I think she wore a print dress, midi length. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Useful 3
47 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

She has no boundaries.  Thank heavens, my mother never tagged along with my friends, pretending to be a teenager or young adult.  My daughter never needed to be embarrassed by me doing the same, either.  Jill doesn't trust her children, and never gives them space.  I would go berserk!  

• Like 11
  • Sad 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, precious pupp said:

She has no boundaries.  Thank heavens, my mother never tagged along with my friends, pretending to be a teenager or young adult.  My daughter never needed to be embarrassed by me doing the same, either.  Jill doesn't trust her children, and never gives them space.  I would go berserk!  

Jill didn't have teenage years like most kids. She would have benefitted from doing things like cheer leading, pep squad (I think they had those back then), going out to the mall with actual friends and having fun. 

She is very torn as one, she wants to be one of the young ones and two, she doesn't trust them. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Yea, there is that angle too. She has to make sure they behave and don't start fornicating in the middle of the street with some strangers. 

Yep. Can’t have any of the adult children talk or even hold hands or a kiss. Jill is a jail warden basically. 

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3
15 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Jill didn't have teenage years like most kids. She would have benefitted from doing things like cheer leading, pep squad (I think they had those back then), going out to the mall with actual friends and having fun. 

She is very torn as one, she wants to be one of the young ones and two, she doesn't trust them. 

Couldn't Nurie, Nathan, Kaylee, and Jonathan acted as her eyes? We know they're all indoctrinated. 

• Like 7
17 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I died laughing picturing Jill in her tight , long skirt being a cheerleader.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

With Janessa nearing 6 years old, Jill has pivoted from mom of 13 to being the "cool mom" that looks as young as her daughters. If only she knew she's basically trying to be a MILF. 🤣😬😁

• LOL 16

She seems to have realized when Gabe turns 18 this week she will have more adult children than minor children and needed to find another way to monitor their every activity so BFF it is.

I think Kaylee spends most days at the barndo. Also believe Timothy decided he and Heidi would attend a different church and Mama/God placed in on Jonathan and Kaylee's hearts to changed too so mama would have a spy.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, MamaMax said:

Wasn’t that one of the Rods? Maybe Hannah? Dress was probably a hand me down from some wedding or shower, hence the “wedding” look.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

when Gabe turns 18 this week she will have more adult children than minor children 

As each child turns 18, does Grifter Jill & Slacker Dave lose government benefits?

• Useful 3
7 hours ago, Sweetpea12 said:

As each child turns 18, does Grifter Jill & Slacker Dave lose government benefits?

I would think so. And as the kids become adults, it’s going to put a real crimp in the grifting. Not as many tiny, skinny waifs to excite pity when the Rod circus rolls into town and hits church members up for donations and free meals.

• Like 8
8 hours ago, Sweetpea12 said:

If the parents do, the kids can apply for benefits.   Maybe that's why Jill keeps chasing off Renee's men, she needs that EBT card.   If Renee marries, the card goes with her.

AndKaylee might not be on benefits because Jonathan has a job with benefits.   Although they may qualify for WIC.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Any dependent child under 22 are included in the family SNAP allotment for the household. Once they're 22 without disabilities, they're shit out of luck, unless they have a dependent. At least in most states.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 6
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Any dependent child under 22 are included in the family SNAP allotment for the household. Once they're 22 without disabilities, they're shit out of luck, unless they have a dependent. At least in most states.

Single people can also apply in Ohio. Those kids could apply for themselves at 22, as long as their personal incomes are low enough.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

Single people can also apply in Ohio. Those kids could apply for themselves at 22, as long as their personal incomes are low enough.

Right, as long as they're working (or disabled). Stay at home daughters won't qualify.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Right, as long as they're working (or disabled). Stay at home daughters won't qualify.

Jill will claim either Plexus or the printing shop as the girls' "jobs" in order for them to continue to qualify.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
25 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Jill will claim either Plexus or the printing shop as the girls' "jobs" in order for them to continue to qualify.  

All it would take is someone  to report them for fraud and back it up with Jill’s own Facebook posts about stay at home daughters.   Does SNAP allow people to be self employed and be on it?  Because that’s what Plexus is.  

• Like 1
On 5/20/2024 at 3:49 PM, Albanyguy said:

With her spandex tops and ankle-length polyester tube skirts, Jill doesn't need to worry that anyone will upstage her. 

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

They can if they know how to fill out the forms . . . 

2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

All it would take is someone  to report them for fraud and back it up with Jill’s own Facebook posts about stay at home daughters.   Does SNAP allow people to be self employed and be on it?  Because that’s what Plexus is.  

Yes, they do allow people to be self employed. 

2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Wouldn't they have to prove their income in order to be eligible? Samuel and Phillip could at least apply. What does Renee have? Her pathetic earrings?

When someone is self employed, they allow them to submit their own accountings of earnings. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, AstridM said:

They can if they know how to fill out the forms . . . 

Yes, they do allow people to be self employed. 

When someone is self employed, they allow them to submit their own accountings of earnings. 

What she said.    Remember, Jill Duggar found out she had "income" for years from the show only after she needed help with medical bills.   I can see Jill R "helping" her kids with their taxes so they can have "income" and keep getting SNAP.

• Like 5

I think the adult working male Rodlets probably pay room and board to Mahmo. Not saying that’s inherently wrong, a lot of people do for adult children who still live at home. But most of those parents do so to teach them how to pay bills and typically save that money to return to them when they do move out. Jillpm likely sees it as something owed to her because they can’t be a part of the traveling side show anymore. Those boys won’t be getting any money returned to them. 

• Like 9
12 minutes ago, Trillium said:

I think the adult working male Rodlets probably pay room and board to Mahmo. Not saying that’s inherently wrong, a lot of people do for adult children who still live at home. But most of those parents do so to teach them how to pay bills and typically save that money to return to them when they do move out. Jillpm likely sees it as something owed to her because they can’t be a part of the traveling side show anymore. Those boys won’t be getting any money returned to them. 

Even if she cared whether they saved enough to afford to move out someday; I think Jill expects all of her children to hand over a portion of any money they make for any reason.  I expect Renee hands over any Plexus earnings as well as a share of anything she makes selling ugly earrings.  Nobody gets a free lunch in this family except Mahmo and Dave.

• Like 12

My question is, if the grown Rod boys are paying Mahmo for room and board (and makeup and hair dye and garden decor), how are they supposed to save to buy a house and get married?  I wonder if there are a couple of sons that she plans on making the "Jana" of her house (excluding Renee) by keeping them under her roof for their potential meager paychecks, or is marriage the end goal for all her boys?  If they all cleave to their helpmeets and move out, who on earth is going to support her?  David?  We all know that's not going to happen.  

Maybe, Jill, you giving your sons a 4th grade home-school education and sending them out into the world to support you isn't going to work out as fantastic as you think it is.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

I'm guessing JillR is torn. In their world successful parenting is launching their kids to make their own army for God. But then she loses help 'on tour' and in the shop. As for getting money from her working sons, I'm guessing they don't have much left beyond gas, insurance, phone, etc. They likely cost her more living at home giving her money than they would living in a camper in the driveway.

• Like 6
45 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill will use Kaylees kids to fill up her band.

Ewww, I never thought of her using the next generation.  Those poor kids.......

I can see her parading around with Gideon, etc., trying to get people to think she's his mother 'cause she looks so young and all...

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8

Her whole vibe reminds me of the movie pleasantville...only Jill lives in Amishville....daily life is all performative....these kids are in the cult of Jill who controls all.....I have hope for Heidi and Tim...the others not so much...unless one of the other siblings breaks free...

• Like 11

Right now, the siblings are all flat out indoctrinated. It'll be a while before we see anyone else do what Tim is doing. And Tim showed up for Pamper Mama Day, so he hasn't totally broken away. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
16 minutes ago, Dimi1 said:

Her whole vibe reminds me of the movie pleasantville...only Jill lives in Amishville....daily life is all performative....these kids are in the cult of Jill who controls all.....I have hope for Heidi and Tim...the others not so much...unless one of the other siblings breaks free...

There are enough unmarried Rodlets left that I'd gamble on at least one or two of them getting an inkling that they're been badly cheated by their parents. What, if anything, will come of that is unclear.

Unfortunately, the practically non-existent "home schooling" the younger kids are receiving means they'll be even less educated than Nurie, Tim, and Kaylee. Having skills limited to dusting tchotchkes and sticking plastic plants in a rock garden does not bode well for managing life away from BME. 

• Sad 10
21 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

"Tabu" is a lovely, old-school perfume, Jill.  You are playing "Taboo."

And it's not like you're not going to load up the rust-bucket caravan in a few weeks and invade Nurie in Florida, so relax.

I used to wear Tabu back in the day! 

6 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

We don't know. Maybe Jill bought up some old bottles of Tabu at Goodwill and the fun loving Rods sprayed each other with it. Hilarity ensued. 😉

Well, it is from the 80s early 90s, so Jill might like it. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

I thought she and Nurie wept and wept when they had to say goodbye and depart from each other.  Nurie didn't look very sad.  Maybe they will see each other very soon for their summer vacation so that kept the weeping down.  

• Like 6
11 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

I thought she and Nurie wept and wept when they had to say goodbye and depart from each other.  Nurie didn't look very sad.  Maybe they will see each other very soon for their summer vacation so that kept the weeping down.  

Nurie looks overjoyed to be leaving. 

• Like 5
  • Wink 2
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Does Nathan get a two week vacation every other month?  They are in Ohio about that often.  

It must be rough. 🙄

• Like 3