Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

At least read Bible stories for children! 

By then, he will be watching the map. 

I won't take the bet, I'll lose. 

Even Ben reads the kids bible stories for children. Does Jonathan think Giddy's first words will be an antiquated quote from the KJV? 🙄

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Even Ben reads the kids bible stories for children. Does Jonathan think Giddy's first words will be an antiquated quote from the KJV? 🙄

Probably. Got to start them young. Jonathan doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed. Not that Ben is but he might be just not quite as dull. 

I read my son Thomas the Tank Engine! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 14
34 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Giddy can't understand anything that is said to him yet (maybe stay on the blanket), but just being held and hearing his father's voice is really stimulating his brain.  We had moms in the hospital who would read magazines, adult level books and the hospital menu to their newborns.  I am hopeful that the reading material will get more child-appropriate as he gets older.  But then again, these "parents" do not know anything about child development except blanket training.  But this does make a good picture for a post.

• Like 8
  • Sad 8
7 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Giddy can't understand anything that is said to him yet (maybe stay on the blanket), but just being held and hearing his father's voice is really stimulating his brain.  We had moms in the hospital who would read magazines, adult level books and the hospital menu to their newborns.  I am hopeful that the reading material will get more child-appropriate as he gets older.  But then again, these "parents" do not know anything about child development except blanket training.  But this does make a good picture for a post.

You do have a point there. 

• Like 10
17 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Imagine being a newbie to this "retreat" and seeing Jill's SEVERELY filtered face.  

Then, in person, seeing her severely UNfiltered face.  

I'd ask for a refund lol

Also see Mari Brown from sister wives. All her SM posts she is filtered to a different person! Jill filters her nose off and looks like Lord Voldemort.

People are ridiculous.

• LOL 9

We blog at work (a library) and needed our pictures taken for the posts. I admit to being "softened" a bit as I looked wrinkly. I did, however, keep my nose. 

• LOL 14
(edited)

Gideon got a bunch of right minded, colorful, kids bible themed books for christmas.

Agree Gideon doesn't have a clue what is being read. Rather than the reading, he is happy with the holding, bouncing and sound of his dad's voice.

Also, I believe he was just shoved to his dad for the photo op, so it probably lasted just long enough for kaylee to take a few pics.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 11
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I think it is sad that these wives keep posting about what great daddies their husbands are.  It seems that reading to their child, or providing for their family is not usual behavior for dads.  It is really unusual for a Fundy dad to pay attention to his kids?  It seems to me that that should be part of the job.

I think part of it is their attempt to square the circle where they are expected to be meek, obedient and tending to the home, but in reality they're the ones hustling on social media. 

• Like 8
6 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill needs new bigger rings and a new manicure. Also the silly faces are eh. 

8513FF9C-E652-45C0-8893-D5BCD6D5CDB3.jpeg

9B4362BB-F78F-4B12-B194-A6A6BA63DAC2.jpeg

Does she think they look cute? Hip? What they look like is ridiculous. 

Jill has sausage fingers and a lousy manicure. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1

Interesting Jill thanks Shannon, who maybe lives in Wyoming, Kaylee, Heidi's mom and grandma, but not Renee. Renee is shown in one of Jill's pics sitting in the far back corner. Kaylee is right up front next to mama.

This seemed to be someone else's plexus event and Jill sat in the front row and took pics and got a mini vacation out of it.

• Like 4
  • Sad 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

We blog at work (a library) and needed our pictures taken for the posts. I admit to being "softened" a bit as I looked wrinkly. I did, however, keep my nose. 

Don't worry about it. My 35-year-old son had admitted to using face-tuner on Zoom. I'm not sure why. He looks good to me. 

23 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill needs new bigger rings and a new manicure. Also the silly faces are eh. 

8513FF9C-E652-45C0-8893-D5BCD6D5CDB3.jpeg

9B4362BB-F78F-4B12-B194-A6A6BA63DAC2.jpeg

EFA64FF4-F338-46A9-827C-A8BB55E04728.jpeg

How much was this retreat???

If it included dinner at the Rodrigueses', it was overpriced whatever it cost. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL 9
(edited)
14 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

If it included dinner at the Rodrigueses', it was overpriced whatever it cost. 

Jill's 4 down line folks at the barndo for dinner probably paid for, and cooked, the dinner to thank her for being such an amazing leader.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 4
  • LOL 5

The manicure is really bad. It looks like one of her young ones did it for her. If she got those professionally done I would get a refund. 

also, your fingers are fat Jill, enough with the too small rings from 20 years ago. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

This post by Jill included video of David and some of the kids working in the printshop. She started by opening the door from outside and this was the view inside the door.

BCBF982C-4224-4EF9-80CF-A25905EC6A53.jpeg

We have been SUPER busy in the Print Shop, getting another 250,000 Gospel Smiley Tracts done. 😊   I am SO thankful for David's and the children's hard work.   ❤️  We have enjoyed being on a rigid schedule while we are home.....  getting lots of school done and work in the Print Shop done.  It is a JOY serving Jesus together!  🥰

I'm amazed these people are still alive. 

• Like 17
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

it then went on to show hardworking Dave sitting in a chair playing with rubber bands while all the children were working. I note Gabe has been promoted to the "stitching machine" with Tessie as his assistant. Maybe Sammer man will be able to at least work outside the print shop at some point.

• Mind Blown 8
  • Sad 4
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

it then went on to show hardworking Dave sitting in a chair playing with rubber bands while all the children were working. I note Gabe has been promoted to the "stitching machine" with Tessie as his assistant. Maybe Sammer man will be able to at least work outside the print shop at some point.

You'd think Jill would give Lazy Davy a better edit. Maybe she's trying to tell us something. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I wonder what addicted to SM Jill would do if Nathan and Nurie asked her not to post pics of their children on SM? My guess is that she would shame them for dishonoring their parents and post pics anyway!

• Like 12
12 hours ago, sixlets said:

If you're looking for something new to peruse on our favorite grifters, check out Tumblr.  This one is gold with the commentary underneath some of the pics. 

OMG! this one: 

Things Jill Rodrigues loves:

1. Patting herself on the back for making The Most Holy Children in the world

2. Making lists of the reasons everyone else is not as good as her

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9

I guess Jill isn't going to Punta Cana. They are obviously planning their usual February Florida junket. I don't see how she can leave unless they park the RV at Nurie's and leave the kids there for the four days of the trip. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
8 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I guess Jill isn't going to Punta Cana. They are obviously planning their usual February Florida junket. I don't see how she can leave unless they park the RV at Nurie's and leave the kids there for the four days of the trip. 

I guess we will see for sure. I honestly don't think she is going. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

I guess we will see for sure. I honestly don't think she is going. 

I don't think so, either. I just posited a scenario that might make it possible, but I doubt it's going to happen.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

But Jill will go to great lengths to let everyone know she COULD have went.  😂

Now that I agree on 100%. What will it be? Injury? Nurie needs her? Evil forces? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
3 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Now that I agree on 100%. What will it be? Injury? Nurie needs her? Evil forces? 

The Lord will lay it on her heart to have a free vacation at Nurie's!

• LOL 14
(edited)

I think she should go and instead of Hunk, she should take Sammer for his senior trip.😂

That girl in pants in Jill's b and b plexus photos was the lady from Wyoming's daughter. Graduated high school last year. Jill tagged her in one of the pics. She is surely too worldly for Sam. Wears not only pants, but sometimes...gasp...even shorts. Did dance team in HS etc.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 8
19 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

The churches we visit just begged us to come and we couldn't let them down.

How on EARTH has that barndo not blown up already?   

• Like 12
  • LOL 5
12 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

Do we know if Jill even has a passport? If not, there is no way she will get one in time for this trip.

It's unknown, but there was time to apply for one and get it in time when she first learned that she could go on this trip.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Could that be the plan? Is it cheaper to fly out of FL than OH? 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Could that be the plan? Is it cheaper to fly out of FL than OH? 

It's crossed my mind as well. The flights from Cleveland were EXPENSIVE. And that was with time to plan. Flight plans had to be submitted some time ago.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3

When Jill and Dave went on their Maine trip last year, they left the kids and the RV with church members in New Hampshire or Vermont, so it's not out of question to leave them with Nurie & Nathan for 4 days. At least the Nurthans are family and know the kids. 

I wonder if Jill applied for a passport a while back as she set a goal of moving up in Plexus, knowing that resort trips were a possibility. That would have required forethought, but Plexus and grifting (unlike the kids education and clothing) are things Jill is interested in and she does put in effort when she is interested in something. 

• Like 14
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

She was pregnant with twins! Or someone stole her identity and stole all her $!

Yep queeny Jill isn’t going to DR… 

Or she re injured her severely injured knee???

• Like 3
  • LOL 3