Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Yes apparently only a few states offer it.

Only 5 states issue it, and their location makes me think it is to accommodate travel to Canada, even though they say that it makes travel to Mexico and the 
Caribbean easier.  It is for land and sea entry; they do not mention flying.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
17 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

But if Hunk did not accompany her, wouldn’t someone think she was a single mother? Or if she traveled with her “sister-in-law,” would someone think she was a *gasp* lesbian??? 🤭

If Jill didn't do everything in her power to get people to notice her, no stranger  would give her a second thought. That is the worst possible existence for a desperate attention-seeker like Jilly. Even being mistaken for a *gasp* lesbian is preferable to being completely ignored. And there's a potential social media rant to exploit too.

• Like 11
9 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Possibly they can live comfortably on the Plexus income and what they receive from the Missions Clearing House. They are also sponsored as missionaries by  a few churches. 

Can they though? I would imagine a lot of those Clearing House donations were inspired by the churches they visit feeling the need to send some regular money for the waifs... er... to support the Rods in their Godly mission, I mean. If they stop the in-person visits, I can't imagine "we print the same six pamphlets and send them to churches by the thousands" is going to jump out at people who are looking to donate (and Jill's SM doesn't send the message of someone who is reliant on Christian Charity much anymore).  

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 9
  • Applause 3
6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Jill is so impressed and explains to us "these are all...um... hallways inside the hotel!" and "there are rooms in all of those!"

So neat!

Screenshot (520).png

I wish I could tell her where to stick that finger!

• Applause 3
  • LOL 19
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Only 5 states issue it, and their location makes me think it is to accommodate travel to Canada, even though they say that it makes travel to Mexico and the 
Caribbean easier.  It is for land and sea entry; they do not mention flying.

Yes, if one's flying to Canada one needs a passport.  We have Enhanced DL here in MN for driving across the border.

1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I wish I could tell her where to stick that finger!

It made me think that I would like to show her a different finger.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 13

The Rods performed at Phillip's "college" on Sunday. No big changes from the usual spiels, other than David now saying he was saved at 18 (was 19). Hannah's "fun fact" has also changed to state she looks the most like the Portuguese side of her family. Have they ever met the Rodrigueses? David's father died when David was five, and his mother remarried. Or is it a fantasy about what they think Portuguese people look like? Hell, I am more Portuguese than any of them, and I'm white as a ghost. 😄

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 13
13 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Don't take too much stuff.  When they say "two items with address" that is what they mean.  They used my record of giving to church because it had my address on it, so any bill or receipt should be enough.  They want you to bring in the minimum that they ask for.  

Since I was divorced once, I had to hunt down my marriage license from my first marriage. By the time they sent it to me, things started shutting down for Covid. I had ended up getting a regular license and finally got my real ID. 

Of course Jill photoshopped her hands, everyone has been saying how bloated they look. She does read here!! 

10 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

F317F542-9E9B-426C-B766-51CD53053501.jpeg

69E39385-40D8-4A0C-94FF-EBE3B5AB434F.jpeg

A31229C4-7A94-4D71-80EE-7314BFFFE1B2.jpeg

D08AF9B5-6E0E-41DB-875C-29AB92504C63.jpeg

Cropped screenshots 

I guess there were vegetables 

Her kids will most likely never eat like that. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 6
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The Rods performed at Phillip's "college" on Sunday. No big changes from the usual spiels, other than David now saying he was saved at 18 (was 19). Hannah's "fun fact" has also changed to state she looks the most like the Portuguese side of her family. 

It was the 70th anniversary of the church with FREE lunch for all so of course the Rod's were there.

Random observations

Dave tells how impressed he is when the children pick a new instrument and then teach themselves how to play.🤦‍♀️

Jill gives her spiel for the CD's and the book for young ladies. She seems to think the pics of her and hunk when they were younger is a selling point since she points that out.😂

She "introduces" the 3 older children who are not there. Interesting what she feels strangers need to know.

Nurie - Jill puts heavy emphasis on NATHAN KELLER, ANCHOR BAPTIST church and the location. 2 grandbabies.

Tim - He bought a house just 15min from us and just last week he got engaged, in ministry at... name's church. (Heidi's name not mentioned) No mention of aviation min. so i guess that is finally done.

Kaylee - married to Jonathan Hill, they live just 5 minutes from us, 3rd grandbaby little Gideon, in ministry at....names church.

Phillip - has a new jacket which is about 6 sizes too large for him. He mumbles something about Vietnam(?)

Almost the entire time Janessa was on stage she was messing around with the tie of her dress. The other girls tried multiple times to get her to stop and she would not. Olivia and Sadie clasped hands the entire time like they were terrified.

The audience seemed to be maybe 50- 60 people and then about 30 in college choir.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 5
  • Useful 12
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Since I was divorced once, I had to hunt down my marriage license from my first marriage. By the time they sent it to me, things started shutting down for Covid. I had ended up getting a regular license and finally got my real ID. 

Of course Jill photoshopped her hands, everyone has been saying how bloated they look. She does read here!! 

Her kids will most likely never eat like that. 

You’re right.  They don’t, and most likely won’t, ever eat food like that.  They probably ate ramen while BME was in Texas.  I’m sure the narcissistic POS showed all of her kids the food pictures and bragged about how delicious it was when she got home.

2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

It was the 70th anniversary of the church with FREE lunch for all so of course the Rod's were there.

Random observations

Dave tells how impressed he is when the children pick a new instrument and then teach themselves how to play.🤦‍♀️

Jill gives her spiel for the CD's and the book for young ladies. She seems to think the pics of her and hunk when they were younger is a selling point since she points that out.😂

She "introduces" the 3 older children who are not there. Interesting what she feels strangers need to know.

Nurie - Jill puts heavy emphasis on NATHAN KELLER, ANCHOR BAPTIST church and the location. 2 grandbabies.

Tim - He bought a house just 15min from us and just last week he got engaged, in ministry at... name's church. (Heidi's name not mentioned) No mention of aviation min. so i guess that is finally done.

Kaylee - married to Jonathan Hill, they live just 5 minutes from us, 3rd grandbaby little Gideon, in ministry at....names church.

Phillip - has a new jacket which is about 6 sizes too large for him. He mumbles something about Vietnam(?)

Almost the entire time Janessa was on stage she was messing around with the tie of her dress. The other girls tried multiple times to get her to stop and she would not. Olivia and Sadie clasped hands the entire time like they were terrified.

The audience seemed to be maybe 50- 60 people and then about 30 in college choir.

Can you please remind me of the name of the “college” where Phillip is now?  I’m interested in watching the video.  TY!

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Can you please remind me of the name of the “college” where Phillip is now?  I’m interested in watching the video.  TY!

Marietta Bible college. I watched it on their fb page. The video is long, but the rods are on stage a long time.  Jill and the kids speaking are hard to hear most likely because they used their own mics, set up for performing, and those were not connected to the church sound system that recorded the event. The closed caption had trouble with the translation for them when they spoke. For Jill captions for Nurie was Yuri and Phillip was fill up.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

You’re right.  They don’t, and most likely won’t, ever eat food like that.  They probably ate ramen while BME was in Texas.  I’m sure the narcissistic POS showed all of her kids the food pictures and bragged about how delicious it was when she got home.

Weren't they at a church during this? Because, they might have gotten a meal out of that, otherwise, yea, ramen or crap like that (not that ramen is bad, it can be fantastic)

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Weren't they at a church during this? Because, they might have gotten a meal out of that, otherwise, yea, ramen or crap like that (not that ramen is bad, it can be fantastic)

The church thing had free lunch for everyone. The pics of the vegetables were at jill's plexus schooling event in texas.

• Like 5
15 hours ago, Absolom said:

Vegetables spread like that is just wrong, isn't it?

Everyone is doing charcuterie boards now, so I guess that was the idea they were going for with that, but it certainly didn’t look appetizing to me.  

• Like 11
14 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

The church thing had free lunch for everyone. The pics of the vegetables were at jill's plexus schooling event in texas.

Yes, I knew that was from her event. Meanwhile, someone else fed her kids. Maybe. We know she doesn't.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

From the Marietta Bible Center fb page (sponsor of the college) the rod fam not only was on stage for much of the early service, they were also on stage for pretty much the entire Sunday evening service.

Jill says a prayer about all the evil in the world and in Israel right now.

Older Rods sing

Renee and Tessie sing with Jill and it was dang painful.

Jill thanks the church for all the food at lunch and thanks "all the gentlemen who all said let the ladies go first. It was so sweet" 😂

Next we get Phillip, Jill states "we have shot him forth as an arrow...we know he is in the exact place god wants him to be. Phillip sings one of his self written...um... songs. Also painful to listen to him.

They sing their Copyright infringement Sound of Music song. 

The sound mix is horrible and overwhelms the system multiple times.

Dave gets up to preach and thanks them for the food. Preaches from Philippians, which I think is one of his go to messages along with one from 1st Timothy.

Phiilip is surely in the right place because mama found a grift close to the barndo.

• Like 3
  • Useful 12

So how much do you think her little blessed Plexus weekend in Texas set her back? I know she had to pay for flights, transportation, hotel room... I think the only thing Plexus ponied up for was the vegetable charcuterie board on the table and a cheap trinket or 2.

• Like 14
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

So how much do you think her little blessed Plexus weekend in Texas set her back? I know she had to pay for flights, transportation, hotel room... I think the only thing Plexus ponied up for was the vegetable charcuterie board on the table and a cheap trinket or 2.

Is there any chance that the lady she went with also paid for the trip?

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
4 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Wonder how much $ Jill paid for the plexus trip.

Dave had to have went with her. He is her headship and all.

Jill posted over 30 pictures from the trip. None had husbands. Although one pic had Jill's diamond upline put his arms around both Jill and Betsy. Escandele! 😱

• LOL 10
2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill posted over 30 pictures from the trip. None had husbands. Although one pic had Jill's diamond upline put his arms around both Jill and Betsy. Escandele! 😱

It's such a good thing that Jill makes sure to let us know weekly how much she adores Dave, otherwise such immodest behaviour would set tongues a wagging!

• LOL 9
Just now, satrunrose said:

It's such a good thing that Jill makes sure to let us know weekly how much she adores Dave, otherwise such immodest behaviour would set tongues a wagging!

Jill can run off with a diamond level plexus man! Dave wouldn’t even notice. Based on his crying/depressed love declaration he might be relieved to be single.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
9 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill can run off with a diamond level plexus man! Dave wouldn’t even notice. Based on his crying/depressed love declaration he might be relieved to be single.

I could see him appreciating every minute during his break from Jill.  Living with her must be exhausting.

3 hours ago, tarheel220 said:

You could also take it as he "engaged" her in something else, if you get my drift. 🤣

Criminal conversation?  To use the centuries old legal term for having sex .🤣

• LOL 10

There may be no set of fundie children I feel sadder for than Jill R's bunch. The schoolwork they are always shown "completing" is at such a basic level, I wouldn't be surprised if they can't read through a grade school level chapter book. 

My son is in 4th grade, and they are doing sentence diagramming, multi-digit multiplication/division, fractions and decimals, critical thinking etc. Granted, he's in private school, so it's likely a little more advanced but still. 

It's so sad that she equates being a good Christian (which I consider myself to be) with her ignorant beliefs and her woefully inadequate approach to education. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1