Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh gosh, no. JillR will pay no mind to Kim now, unless its to shame her, like posting how Jill spends time with Hosanna and Kim doesn't.

Would that be allowed? Ethan has had "sexual fornication" and drinks alcohol.

I think Ethan's drinking could be forgiven since he's pretty much renounced the lifestyle he lived with Olivia. Pretty much like what happened with Moriah. And Barry never changed, so the Rods could still connect to the family through him. 

That said, Ethan pretty much denounced the Rods, but that was when he was happy with Olivia. His mind could have changed. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I have no idea if the older children had any musical training with an actual teacher, but the younger children have certainly had none. Jill has mentioned they watch youtube videos to learn. She has stated, and shown, they "sit in on orchestra practice at church to learn how to play". She hasn't filmed the "orchestra" in a while, so I wonder if they had issues there.

But it seems this is another case of younger children get older sibling instruction just like home schooling. If Renee has been teaching Hannah violin, it has been a fail. Same if Samuel is supposed to be teaching Olivia guitar. Tessie is obviously self taught on the clarinet. Sadie has been recently shown playing piano and got a small toy keyboard thing for Christmas.

Janessa and Sofia barely even sing when they are on the grift stages. Lots of aggravating each other by nudging and pushing, lots of thumb sucking and the sucking on the ever present rag. They are little and shouldn't be up there anyway but mama needs the number of waif children as high as possible for the grift.

Does Jill know her kids could get free music instruction in public schools? At least back in my day in Ohio, I played both violin and clarinet. I learned both for free in school. 

• Like 15
2 hours ago, AstridM said:

Does Jill know her kids could get free music instruction in public schools? At least back in my day in Ohio, I played both violin and clarinet. I learned both for free in school. 

With heathens?! And Jenny who has two dads?! Plus it would interfere with their grifting schedule.

• Like 4
  • Sad 9
  • Wink 1
2 hours ago, AstridM said:

They'd learn to read and write and get lunch and probably breakfast too. Not a bad deal. 

Jill doesn't care about the reading, writing, and music lessons, but the school meals would free up money for her Plexus trips. 

• Like 15

My school fed me twice a day. Maybe Ohio feeds kids in school twice a day too. That would be 2 meals a day more than they eat now.

I fully believe her kids eat 1-2 spoons per meal. They probably split a banana into 4 portions.

Her children need a lot of food and to see a doctor. It’s a shame what Jill does to her kids.

• Like 6
10 hours ago, laurakaye said:

On IG, Jill recorded basically an entire church service/concert given by Timothy and Hosanna Noble.  Hosanna is, I'm pretty sure, the one Plath sibling who refused to be on Welcome to Plathville.  I'm sure Jill posted this 6-part video to make sure we all know that she's connected to another "famous" family while she waits patiently for TLC to finally give her and her family their own tv show.  It also looks like Jill was front and center for this concert, which makes me wonder if Hosanna was cool with having a phone pointed at her for the duration.

I also wonder if Jill clocked that this is what actual talent sounds like, or was she sitting there thinking that her circus performers are way better than these two?

Did you listen to the performance?  Jill was whooping and hollering and yelling out “Amen!” like a crazy person during the concert.  SMDH.  Also, Janessa was the only Rod offspring who was allowed to attend.  I know that only because Jill would have included the other kids in the video if they’d been there.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 10

I noticed that this time when Jill mentioned Hosana Noble, she didn't add (KIM PLATH) on the end.  She used to do that all the time to show that she was friends with someone who had a TV show.  I thought Lydia Plath was hanging around casa de Rod last summer.  Maybe she was trying to hook her up with Tim or Phillip.  Either way, I'm sure she has written Kim off now.

I notice she is really flogging her invite to the next Plexus event.  I'm sure that's because no one believed she actually was invited on the cruise.  Still doubt she'll go to this one either, but she wants us to know she was totally invited.  I wonder what her excuse will be this time.

• Like 9
23 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

My school fed me twice a day. Maybe Ohio feeds kids in school twice a day too. That would be 2 meals a day more than they eat now.

I fully believe her kids eat 1-2 spoons per meal. They probably split a banana into 4 portions.

Her children need a lot of food and to see a doctor. It’s a shame what Jill does to her kids.

I attended grade school in Ohio at a heathen Catholic school, no less, and we did receive free breakfast because we lived in a low income neighborhood.  It was always cold, like cereal or bread and milk and OJ; but we got it.  My siblings and I didn't eat it because we had actual breakfast at home, usually cold cereal which was tastier than whatever the school provided. Anyway, Jill's kids would probably qualify for subsidized breakfast and lunch. Many schools also provide food from Blessings in a Backpack, a charity that gives low income kids a backpack filled with food like granola bars, lunchables and pieces of fruit for the weekend.  Of course, Jill's kids would probably have to surrender any food that they didn't consume at school so that Dave could 'dip up' first.

Edited by Notabug
  • Sad 16
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I saw a side by side of Phillip, one pic from his "graduation," and the other from Christmas. He doesn't look like the same person; he looks normal now. It's crazy what eating real meals will do to a person. 

Yep I saw those pics. He looks healthy! 

• Like 8

The twin comments have me seeing red. Kaylee poo is as bad as Jill. I’m sure Nurie is the same except she doesn’t post anything so we can’t tell.

I feel sorry for the Rod kids because they were raised to be uneducated but they are know it alls because Jebus.

• Like 13
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Kaylee's latest drivel. So much wrong with it, I don't even know where to begin...

D55CDB0F-2907-40EA-AAFE-00F49F6F93ED.thumb.jpeg.46bcfc02baa46b20aea61429e40dd682.jpeg

Sleeping on the hospital floor?  And then probably holding the baby?  I know what is on hospital floors, and, believe me, you don't to touch them.  My hospital shoes never came into my house when I came home (my night job).  They stayed in the garage.  I just can't imagine walking barefoot or actually sleeping on the hospital floor. These folks have no common sense, at all.

And yes, I taught school full time during the day, and was an NICU RN at night weekends, holidays, all summer and when called in.  Looking back on my working years, maybe I didn't have much sense, either. 

• Like 15
  • Hugs 5
  • Applause 1
28 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Hey! At least she had twins, she probably barely even noticed when one of them died.  I am so enraged, I hardly know how to address this kind of casually cruel remark.

Does she get extra credit from Mahmo for the extraneous commas and random capitalizations?

I'm sure the nurses in the NICU were gratified to know that Kaylee already had a 'pattern' to 'train' Gideon to breastfeed and loved hearing her lecture them as to how it is done.  Maybe she can train him to honk little horns like a trained seal and play The Star Spangled Banner at the aquarium next.  Dog forbid, Kaylee take advice from some heathen nurse or actually bond with her infant and learn together with him how best to accomplish successful breastfeeding.

I used to feel sorry for her, but it seems shes just another insufferable twit.

Some people are so self-centered, and think they are so special, that they can ignore the feelings of others.  One night we had a baby who was actually dying.  I called the parents to come quickly, and everyone was doing everything possible so the parents could see and hold their baby one more time.  Meanwhile, we had a couple who decided they wanted to take their baby home AMA, and was demanding that the doctor stop what he was doing and sign paperwork so they could go home.  They could see what we were dealing with, but just didn't care.  They needed that paper work NOW.  This was at 2:00 AM.  The parents that I called did make it in, but their baby died about a half hour later.  And the other parents were still demanding attention from the doctor.  No compassion at all.  I can see Jill being very demanding and not caring about anyone but her.  Or very judgmental of other families.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 27
On 12/27/2023 at 1:00 PM, BetyBee said:

For a woman with 13 children, she talks to babies and young kids in such a shrieky, ridiculous tone of voice! You would think she'd have learned a different approach after all these years!

Some people are not teachable or capable of change. Very common among those with personality disorders.

16 hours ago, Panopticon said:

I’ve been trying to avoid pushing the new lol reaction because it’s creepy, but this pushed me over the edge. 

THANK YOU.  I don’t know who designed the new laughter emoji but it is beyond weird/creepy. Get the old one back!

• Like 12
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, Trillium said:

The certainty did. In Jill’s magazine paper, Kaylee’s “article” included the story of the twins that were in the NICU and they gave the grieving mother a Bible highlight with passages that, paraphrasing here, “God chose your baby to die for REASONS” 

Jill and now her children often tell stories where they think they are the hero, but they just come off as assholes.

This ‘helpful’ comment gets made by many many more people than the Jills of the world.   ‘ G*d had his reasons, he’s in a better place’.   People think they are good Christians when they say these things… but I can tell you that comments like this are extremely hurtful to the bereaved.  Especially those that do not believe that G*d rips loved ones out of your life on purpose for some vague reason. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 6
  • Applause 14
  • Love 3

A week before the trip:

"My previously severely, injured severe knee injury has, flared up, again!!  This means that I will, have to watch my lovely, Plexus, friends, enjoying themselves in Punta Cana, without me!!!  Don't worry, lol!!  I will, make the next, trip!  I can't wait!!!"

• LOL 15
7 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

9622AEED-CDA1-46A1-863B-56AB957EB2F0.jpeg

3 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I wonder if Jill was a light to her Amish neighbors, lighting the way to her KJV brand of Christianity and Plexus?

Ha, ha. So Jill thinks that her Amish neighbors love her pathetic parties and that the light that radiates from her bleached mop and thick makeup will inspire the them to convert to the "correct" Christianity? The woman is delusional. 

If she thinks Amish women will sign up to sell overpriced Plexus powders so they can win trips to beach resorts, she's absolutely lost her mind. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

How many of you record yourself cooking and post it on SM???

I certainly don't. But then, cooking is an everyday occurrence for me. For Jill, it's a very unique activity!

• Like 14
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I was thinking yesterday how the Rod home church folks much love it when the grifters are off to.... well, anywhere else.

I laugh that Jill is ok with re posting the plexus crap that shows women in sleeveless tops. She has friends/followers who are menfolk. What if they suddenly like need to go out to their workshop or whatever upon seeing a woman's bare shoulder??? Wouldn't that be considered placing a stumbling block in front of a fellow christian or something??

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
9 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Notice the hearts she posted over the ladies chest. Gotta cover the chest lol. Hunk might get naughty ideas. 

536AEE50-715C-4458-9A26-45B8B28DBB95.jpeg

🤣🤣🤣

What does Jill know about either health or happiness? This just shows how bogus Plexus Inc. is. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Notice the hearts she posted over the ladies chest. Gotta cover the chest lol. Hunk might get naughty ideas. 

536AEE50-715C-4458-9A26-45B8B28DBB95.jpeg

🤣🤣🤣

If she has to cover that picture she will never survive Punta Cana. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12
5 hours ago, Trillium said:

The certainty did. In Jill’s magazine paper, Kaylee’s “article” included the story of the twins that were in the NICU and they gave the grieving mother a Bible highlight with passages that, paraphrasing here, “God chose your baby to die for REASONS” 

Jill and now her children often tell stories where they think they are the hero, but they just come off as assholes.

We really need some sort of "die in a fire" emoji for things like this.

• Like 9