Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 11/18/2023 at 4:18 PM, ginger90 said:

Give it time. I picture a throw rug at the top and bottom of the stairs, and perhaps a few on the steps. 

More rugs to kneel upon in prayer! (Sure, Jan.)

• LOL 8
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Actually it was a 15 seat Mercedes van. Jill would KILL for one!

You know Jill would love a free  new car! Maybe she is on her injured knees praying for one?!

Edited by oliviabenson
  • LOL 9
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Which would bring a whole new grift theme:  "We need help paying for the special oil changes!" or "It requires tools to repair it and Hunk doesn't have them!" and "We've been wrongfully banned from the Mercedes Service Center for singing worship songs -- RELIGIOUS PERSECUTION!"

• Like 3
  • LOL 11
12 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Once we had one of those as a rental because that’s all they had left that seated 6, and honestly I’ve been in Dodge Caravans that were fancier than it was. It was a cargo van with seats.

It’s still bs they grifted the van, but high style it likely isn’t.

• Like 6

Tim may never have to ride in either the van or the RV again. His future may mean no more caterwauling for food, no more sleeping on the floor of a stinky van, no more getting chased out of swimming pools for trying to swim in street clothes, no more beatings from DBD, and no more reflexive grimacing smiling for BME's camera. 

Nurie hasn't avoided the RV trips since she got married, and Kaylee may find herself back on board. They don't have spouses who advocate for them. Heidi, I hope, at least keeps Tim gainfully employed for his new family instead of in service for his grifting parents. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

Does Jill know that most people don't "decorate" their stairs?  Although I am sure she was probably thrilled to have all those brand-new flat surfaces to display some of her photographs and tchotchkes and whatnot.

And how long have they lived in the Barndo and didn't have access to the second floor?  Seems like that would be a fairly important task to complete, DAVE.

I'm so sorry for the people on vacation who are just trying to relax at the same motel where the Rods landed.  I imagine the acoustics in the enclosed pool area are pretty amazing for caterwauling in 10-part harmony, too.

• Like 18
  • Applause 1
13 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

And how long have they lived in the Barndo and didn't have access to the second floor?  Seems like that would be a fairly important task to complete, DAVE.

They just built the upstairs storage this year. But somehow moved file cabinets, cement blocks and a ton of other stuff up there using step ladders.

I think Jill means she made the slaves paint and then she decorated the ENTIRE upstairs space, not just the new stairs.  😂

Screenshot (443).png

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 8
6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Jill has managed to grift a van and trailer before, so it is not beyond her to try again. That van must be pretty well trashed by now, just like the RV.Screenshot(394).png.f30b4b2b861a714bc31518fa47dd3797.png

How gracious she was not to name of any of the actual people who gave them the van. 

• Like 11

Her god "uses his people" to bless the Rod ministry.

That was her wording for the new stairway.

Jill and Dave just have to preach, cry, moan etc about their needs and then because their "god is good to them" their need for whatever is provided by some sucker the rods have roped in for whatever grift.

Dave started asking for money for the print shop "mezzanine" as he called it,  at the spring at grift stops.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 5
17 minutes ago, beckie said:

Ok. If they didn't have stairs before,  then how did the stuff pictured up there get there? Some of it appears quite large.

Maybe those things got up there miraculously after Jill got on her severely injured knee and prayed to be delivered of the heavy items that belong in the upstairs attic. 

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, beckie said:

Ok. If they didn't have stairs before,  then how did the stuff pictured up there get there? Some of it appears quite large.

Since the ladder is shown in the pic above, I believe her non whimp sons had to haul all that stuff up with ladders.

They certainly don't have the engineering or math skills to use a rope and pulley system.

• Like 3
  • LOL 13

I don't think the hotel wants a passel of kids playing in their small exercise area. It's not a playground and the equipment is expensive to maintain. Lord, I wish "precious" Janessa would let go of that disgusting rag she's sucking on! Poor kid is probably starved for true affection, not SM claims of affection that she can't read anyway. 

• Like 15
  • Applause 2

There must be a sign saying no children under 13 (18?) are allowed on the exercise machines. Janessa's lovey could could get sucked into a treadmill or tangled in other equipment. Kids can wipe out on treadmills and get road rash like burns. Weights can be dropped on little feet. 

Its a wonder these kids haven't had more injuries than they've had.

• Like 19
  • Applause 1

Did anyone watch the video and understand what Olivia said when she ran back to tell Jill about something in the pool area? I listened several times and have no idea.

As far as Rods going in the pool. I think Jill tries to avoid "persecution" and being kicked out by going early morning or late at night.

• Like 7
  • Useful 5
25 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

There must be a sign saying no children under 13 (18?) are allowed on the exercise machines. Janessa's lovey could could get sucked into a treadmill or tangled in other equipment. Kids can wipe out on treadmills and get road rash like burns. Weights can be dropped on little feet. 

I would also worry about her dress getting sucked into it. She does not belong on that treadmill or any other equipment. It isn't cute, precious or funny, she could be seriously injured. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 11
27 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I have had the same thoughts.  She puts her kids in danger regularly and I would say the vast majority of us take one quick glance at the pictures she posts and think, get those kids out of that situation!  Sadly, her kids probably have no idea that what they're doing can hurt them, and Jill is too busy encouraging them for her social media.  And if they do get injured?  More fodder for Instagram.

• Sad 13
  • Useful 1

Jill says her children are "her world" and then lets them go on equipment that they have no business being on in clothing that is a danger in the situation.  I hope someone sends these pictures to the hotel.  I wonder if the hotel insurance would cover an injury to one of the children when they were not supposed to be on the equipment in the first place.  This is so wrong on many levels.

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 5
8 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Nathan & Nurie are hosting all those Rods for 2 weeks??!!

That would be two weeks in hell. Ugh! 

3 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

3 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Jill says her children are "her world" and then lets them go on equipment that they have no business being on in clothing that is a danger in the situation.  I hope someone sends these pictures to the hotel.  I wonder if the hotel insurance would cover an injury to one of the children when they were not supposed to be on the equipment in the first place.  This is so wrong on many levels.

Yea, I wonder if the hotel is aware she had a 5 (or is she 6 now) on the gym equipment. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 11
  • Useful 1

I doubt the Rods were in the gym any longer than it took Jill to take the video/pictures. Jill has no interest in gyms. Anyway, a woman in tight workout clothes might come in and defraud the Rodlets, especially the older boys. That would throw BME into a tizzy. 

Well, no Rod vacation is complete without an evil world rant. 

• Like 12
5 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Where did you see that? I figured Nurie sent her the birthday pictures. 

A few posts upthread where @oliviabensonshared Jill's post about Newman's birthday and Jill stated they were glad they'd be spending the next couple of weeks with them. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

A few posts upthread where @oliviabensonshared Jill's post about Newman's birthday and Jill stated they were glad they'd be spending the next couple of weeks with them. 

I missed that! Thanks. (I tend to zone out while reading Jill's writing.)

I assume the Kellers will be traveling. It's too early for the Florida trip, plus we don't know the condition of the RV. If they drove the van all the way to Maryland, it must not be trusted for overnight travel.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 7
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Hotel pictures:

02FC99AA-B817-433D-966F-A06F0AFD3E2C.jpeg

1E014CCB-CBBC-4757-B25C-667E3F154812.jpeg

1E4DA1F6-6F4B-42A1-9908-1B156392C213.jpeg

5030D3D3-9898-46CF-AEE9-BC143A5C2E6F.jpeg

Not sure if it was mentioned (and I missed it) Gabriel's arm was photoshopped  to look that muscular. I would be so embarrassed if my mom did that  and posted it! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Mind Blown 10
  • LOL 5
49 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Not sure if it was mentioned (and I missed it) Gabriel's arm was photoshopped  to look that muscular. I would be so embarrassed if my mom did that  and posted it! 

Oh my goodness, she did. He doesn't even fill out the sleeves in this pic.

image.png.4fde20e5ab0694a22c079fd03f5b2635.png

• Like 2
  • LOL 10