Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, LilJen said:

Because of course you take a photo centered on your stubby fingernail, holding garbage in that hand and pointing at a fuzzy scene and post it on social media…

It’s a screenshot lol

From a video

but Jill loves to point at stuff 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
12 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Can people without a steady income of some sort even get a credit card?

Yes they can. Low limit credit cards. As long as they pay the minimum payment they can get even more credit cards. 

Jill and Dave do get paid from somewhere. And they beg for donations a lot. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Shouldn't Jilly and Davy be saving for their cruise in November instead of eating and shopping their way through New England? There will be costs associated with the cruise trip. Does Jill realize that? Does she care? 

It's amazing all the things a couple can afford to do when they simply decide not to feed their kids. 

Yes, I was thinking why did they take this Maine trip when they have their cruise charges coming in November.  I had forgotten about the Austin adventure too.

I really doubt there will ever be a magazine, and that was just the latest grifting ploy.  They had asked for donations of paper, but I think that could probably be used for the usual smiley tracts.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

We should refer to the rods as the once a year vacation liars (oayvl) lol

Seriously where is the $ coming from for all these trips??? Plexus sales? 

No, its the money they should be spending on their children. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 9
21 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It really is a wonder how the Rods afford the life they live. I mean I doubt they have money like say, the Bates or Duggars, but they certainly make their way up and down the east coast frequently.

And while I agree the Rodlets could have a better diet, they obviously get fed enough to grow, well except for the one whose name I get wrong every time. They all seem to have plenty of (ill fitting, cheap) clothes and shoes. Cars seem to magically appear and they have cell phones. Jill has more tchotchkes than Hobby Lobby and they are on a permanent vacation.

IMO, its a little crazy and a lot curious.

Some people know all the angles to get what they want (grifters). For example, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they cashed in on those PPL(?) loans during the pandemic. Would love to see them get busted for that. A couple of people have been busted for obtaining large sums under false pretenses.

Edited by Picture It. Sicily
Duplicate
  • Like 8
  • Useful 2

Jill and Dave had a nice lobster dinner 😢🙄. Yep stuffed themselves good while their kids are starving. 

A1069D36-FE9A-4276-845E-F593DA4B6684.jpeg

39955DB9-4607-440F-9CB1-E8F76F639761.jpeg

FDC06268-C1C0-4859-9A4B-46A3C8186B63.jpeg

While Jill was filming/pointing/stroking her lobster. Dave ripped his apart lol. Then ripped hers apart because Jill didn’t know how to take a lobster apart.

EE335AE2-1645-4A6E-BFF6-BDD67B67C0B7.jpeg

C9780E51-8BC2-41ED-A9CC-2008CBBE7A9F.jpeg

8A28A64A-C7C0-40E8-AE7C-F6DB4FE20F09.jpeg

C6791A22-74C9-4F2A-9B61-10F836BA6AB9.jpeg

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 7
  • LOL 5

Does she point because she thinks no one will know where to look otherwise? Telling your audience you don't think they're intelligent enough to view a photo properly without your help, isn't a good sales technique. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 8
20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jam packed pocketbook and a backpack. I think a pen and pad would do.

And come on, we all know Jill has skirts to match black tops and shoes. Is her skirt a nod to GOLD?

She won an iPad that’s all she needed to bring haha. Probably the bags are full of plexus products and snacks!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, lianau said:

She just has to be doing this finger stuff on purpose. 

Maybe she has the dreaded Hot Dog Fingers (The Office) and is trying to bring awareness to this perilous condition.

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

Those lobster lunches in a touristy area must have set Jill and Dave back sixty dollars or so plus tip. Oh, maybe a smiley tract was the tip. 

After lunch, they had nothing to do but hit the tourist shops. We'll eventually see all the new trip tchotchkes fighting over wall and shelf space in Jill's videos of the barndo.

I really hope Jill embarrasses herself by wearing her imported pink cowgirl outfit in Austin. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 15
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

How often do her kids get to eat lobster? Have they ever?

Jill has (at least?) 2  lobsters and wants to feed 11 starving kids , how much lobster can each child expect.   Explain why  the solution will always be 0. 

Edited by lianau
  • Like 5
  • Sad 14
57 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Those lobster lunches in a touristy area must have set Jill and Dave back sixty dollars or so plus tip. Oh, maybe a smiley tract was the tip. 

After lunch, they had nothing to do but hit the tourist shops. We'll eventually see all the new trip tchotchkes fighting over wall and shelf space in Jill's videos of the barndo.

I really hope Jill embarrasses herself by wearing her imported pink cowgirl outfit in Austin. 

Someone on Reddit posted the restaurant’s menu, and yes, it probably cost them at least $60 for that lunch. 

19 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The Austin seminar was only one day. Jury is out as to whether she stayed an extra day (that would be today) to sightsee. 

Austin might be too scary for her! 😆

• LOL 8
17 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Didn't this place ask around $30 for scallops? So yeah, market price on lobster could be way up there.

Market price is a lot for lobster lol. And I’m sure they bought soda/lemonade/desserts. I think $70 per person is too low lol.

• Like 3

But why should they value their kids? In her mind, the kids are there for one reason.....to slather BME with praise, whether she deserves it or not. Oh, and to give her gifts, too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 9
56 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I'm not saying they need to buy lobster for the kids but gee, if I can't afford it for my kids, I won't eat it. Shows how little they value their children. 

What is the current exchange rate? 1 Lobster = how many chicken legs?

• Sad 4
  • LOL 6

Dave is allowed to show off his thighs and legs??? How mahdest. Jill probably wears a regular polyester skirt for swimming . The denim mermaid skirt is saved for special occasions only.

Edited by oliviabenson
  • LOL 11

I sometimes imagine what the other unknowing hotel guests think when they come out to relax by the pool or hot tub and are encountered by these two.  It must be a bit jarring to come upon two fully-dressed adults squished up against each other while the woman holds her phone out to narrate her surroundings and then pans around to capture anyone and everyone who happens to be nearby.

Given how these two travel, someone in this thread is bound to run into them somewhere, sometime.........😬

• Like 18
6 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I sometimes imagine what the other unknowing hotel guests think when they come out to relax by the pool or hot tub and are encountered by these two.  It must be a bit jarring to come upon two fully-dressed adults squished up against each other while the woman holds her phone out to narrate her surroundings and then pans around to capture anyone and everyone who happens to be nearby.

Given how these two travel, someone in this thread is bound to run into them somewhere, sometime.........😬

Not me! That old bucket RV will never make it to California. 😂

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

So they sit in a hot tub with street clothes on and swam in street clothes in a pool. 

And it’s cold how they not sick???

I'm not a germaphobe, but the thought of two people in street clothes sitting in a hot tub makes me feel unwell..

• Like 5
  • Applause 12
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Not me! That old bucket RV will never make it to California. 😂

Don't be so sure.  It was just a few years back when the whole clan travelled all the way to Washington State to bring Timothy for his ill-fated one and only semester/year at Moody College; back when they were all pretending that there was chance that Tim could actually succeed in a formal educational setting.

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
4 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Don't be so sure.  It was just a few years back when the whole clan travelled all the way to Washington State to bring Timothy for his ill-fated one and only semester/year at Moody College; back when they were all pretending that there was chance that Tim could actually succeed in a formal educational setting.

Yeah, but it's had another couple hundred thousand miles put on it since then with two breakdowns. They're nursing that thing along now. 😁

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 6
  • LOL 6
57 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Once the RV dies can it be used to live in it? They have the land to park it and build an outhouse.

Surely best ever handyman dave can magically hook it up to the septic system under the gravel garden while Jill points and films it all.

• Like 5
  • LOL 14