Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

I wish it was not will. I never was a great fan of the character and thought he was a secondary character for much of the later seasons. Why could it not be a group number? I hope Sara is right and it was just the last song recorded.

I could see Glee going out on a quiet, sort of reverse To Sir with Love number. It just isn't an earned emotional send off but nothing ever is with this show.

There's not even a quote from Matt saying it's the final song, though. That's the writer of the article.

He did interview Matt, don't see why he will mention it if it didn't come up. Hopefully the follow-up that he promises on E! will be a video and not just a writeup.

Edited by fakeempress

I wonder if the Darren song will be "Not Alone." It's probably his best song, and it's fitting for the show. 

But I'm glad it's not the finale. 

I actually like the idea of Will's song being the final song, but I agree that it's likely that it's the last song that was filmed. Notice he was using the actor names and not the character names. I think those actors actually started crying because it was the last song. (And they probably kept it.)

I wonder if the Darren song will be "Not Alone." It's probably his best song, and it's fitting for the show. 

But I'm glad it's not the finale. 

I think he's done Not Alone with big choirs before. Somehow I got the impression that it's a new song but I can see Not Alone also being used, it's a good song.

ETA: For what it's worth, Darren himself mentioned before that if he got the offer for a song on Glee, he'd like it to be written for the show and not one of his existing ones.

Edited by fakeempress

I think it's awful if the last time we see the best talents in this show their promoting a Darren Criss song, seems incredibly disrespectful. Having said that it is consistent for this show to promote him over better singers/actors.

I swear if I read about the actors crying one more time I'll roll my eyes so hard I'll see my brain. 

• Love 2

Those outfits are atrocious, but Chris looks gorgeous and Darren is 100% more attractive without the gelmet.

Their outfits give me a headache if I look at them for too long. The black and white patterns are quite psychedelic.  0_o

I just do not see a big group song would fit with in the context of the show not to be the last song.

So I'll give  Matt's comment as if it is the last song as in the storyline. 

I also think Matt's song is going to be the last song in the storyline, probably Mr. Shue and the 'kids' in the choir room.

And I'm fine with that, finding it (bitter)sweet. Will started out as a main character, and though he got side-lined and his role became less important in the latter seasons, to me he's still part of the heart of Glee. And this season they have given him more to do again, probably to build up to him being the center of the choir room and ND again like before. So it ends where it started.

Then the big group number in the auditorium can be the actual ending of the show, without having any real build up to it or context in the storyline: just the characters/cast members singing one last song together and saying goodbye.

Edited by Glorfindel
  • Love 1

To be fair to Darren both Amber and Matt sang original songs of theirs and they had chris pen an episode. I don't how featuring an original song of Darren's in any different than all of those.

I wouldn't mind it in a random episode somewhere. But I would bet that song becomes the most watched/bought of this season (not a high bar, I grant you), I don't think it's right to have an original song, but having them all promote a fellow cast members song is awful.

When did Matt sing his own song? (I know he did, just don't know when).

• Love 1

Not to mention I'm pretty certain I read that the song was written by Darren and the Anders woman who has always handled music for the show and was one of the co-writers for all the original songs they'd done before. 

I may be mistaken but I think the poster is referring to when Will was contemplating leaving New Directions for Broadway in the Season 2 season finale and he sang an original song on a Broadway stage. While the song was from Matt's album, it actually wasn't written by him. I believe it was written by Kris Allen who'd won American Idol, ironically defeating Adam Lambert who later appeared on the show. But it was definitely a single for Matt's solo album so it counts as using the show to promote his solo project. 

But I would bet that song becomes the most watched/bought of this season (not a high bar, I grant you),

And I will bet it won't. Glee is DONE. Sure the ratings might see a slight, very slight increase for the series finale because of general curiosity but I don't see any of the songs having some huge sale. Honestly have any of the songs this season crack beyond the top 500 on iTunes? I really don't feel like I'm exaggerating to say that other than some core group of fans, no one cares about Glee anymore. It's over. 

I don't think it's right to have an original song, but having them all promote a fellow cast members song is awful.

Except I may be mistaken but it doesn't seem like the song is on some album Darren is promoting. Again he wrote the song with the head show musical director and it is entirely possible it was written for the episode just like these awful original songs were written specifically for the show. Man, not everything needs to be some huge dramatic thing... 

Edited by truthaboutluv

Barring one, the original songs they've done have all been pretty terrible. I don't want any more original songs at all, but I certainly don't want the last time most of these people sing to be some song on the level of 'Get It Right' or 'Light Up The World'

• Love 1

I wouldn't mind it in a random episode somewhere. But I would bet that song becomes the most watched/bought of this season (not a high bar, I grant you), I don't think it's right to have an original song, but having them all promote a fellow cast members song is awful.

In the season 2 finale  New York he sang one of his songs (still got tonight) on a bway stage. 

Edited by tom87

People will be thrilled to know that some fans are taking Matt's quote about the cast members crying as confirmation that " Crisscolfer is on." Because they started crying one after the other.

I don't understand fandoms sometimes.

• Love 1

Having the big group number in the finale be an original Darren song (or anyone's original song) is going to completely deflate the emotional resonance for me.

Exactly. Also as a viewer I want to anticipate the performance not learn the song.

People will be thrilled to know that some fans are taking Matt's quote about the cast members crying as confirmation that " Crisscolfer is on." Because they started crying one after the other.

I don't understand fandoms sometimes.

Duh they will announce their engagement on March 21 the moment glee is officially over.   So I guess Amber and Lea are confirmed  too?

Barring one, the original songs they've done have all been pretty terrible. I don't want any more original songs at all, but I certainly don't want the last time most of these people sing to be some song on the level of 'Get It Right' or 'Light Up The World'

The one being "My Cup" right? :)

• Love 1

I don't even know why people even acknowledge the crazy shipping shit. It is what it is, mocking it hasn't made it stop. I mean the guys they ship barely hide their disdain for it and it's still happening. As I always say, you just can't reason with crazy so best to ignore it.

• Love 3

Duh they will announce their engagement on March 21 the moment glee is officially over.   So I guess Amber and Lea are confirmed  too?

These idiots are waiting with baited breath Darren to "reveal' he's gay after the show is done. It will be a long wait, like, forever.

I still don't think Darren's song is the last group number that was filmed Thursday night. I think it is going to be the song performed by future new directions which was filmed on Friday. That was the last thing filmed in the auditorium.

I realize a couple of people were wearing chris' hats when it was filmed but it isn't like those hats could only be worn on Thursday. Track jackets were handed out on Thursday too and in several pictures from the carnival yesterday people were wearing them.

Edited by camussie

I still don't think Darren's song is the last group number that was filmed Thursday night. I think it is going to be the song performed by future new directions which was filmed on Friday. That was the last thing filmed in the auditorium.

I think it is the futures ND too it fits with the "many voices" per a tweet  too.

I think it is the futures ND too it fits with the "many voices" per a tweet  too.

Wouldn't that also fit with a group number with 800 cast members?

I don't understand why the band girl would post a pic from Thursday with a caption for a performance filmed Friday. Caption + Picture = Darren's song. To me, anyway.

Why are you assuming the picture is from Thursday? It was posted yesterday so it could have been from Friday. It seems the only reason people think it was the huge group number is because the instagram about had a couple of people wearing chris' hats. Seems to me they worked some very long hours these last 3 or so days so I doubt people bothered taking home all of the swag at the end of each day.

Not saying for sure it isn't the final group number but people wearing chris hats are hardly proof it is.

Edited by camussie

What's-her-name basically confirmed the last song is an existing song that she heard on the radio as she left the premises, so it can't be Darren's song. I'm still betting on DSB, or another Journey song.

Darren's song might be the future ND song, or perhaps it might be performed by one of the characters who's supposed to be a professional singer in the future, with original material obviously (that's just pure speculation as to why they might want an original song for the ep).

Eh, crazy shippers are crazy. They'll stop caring about Glee in weeks after the show ends and will latch onto the next thing.

Why are you assuming the picture is from Thursday?

They were wearing the hats, they were in the auditorium, and Darren is wearing the same red shirt that he had on in Thursday's rehearsal (you can see him with it on in one of Harry's snapchats). I know they have long hours, but I would hope/assume that Darren would change clothes from Thursday to Friday.

I don't want the picture to have been taken on Thursday, but I haven't seen any kind of evidence to suggest it was taken Friday either.

Edited by Ceeg

If it is Darren's original song it really shows how incompetent those running this show are. I mean how can you screw up this last song. All you needed were as many glee clubbers as possible, a well known song, and we're all good. But no....

• Love 2

I don't understand why the band girl would post a pic from Thursday with a caption for a performance filmed Friday. Caption + Picture = Darren's song. To me, anyway.

Maybe band girl didn't have a picture with Darren quickly at hand, so took a new picture to post just to promote the song?  I sort of feel like there's a lot more tweeting going on now and/or being allowed, perhaps, so it was a spur of the moment thing.  That's my hope, because I, too, want the new song relegated to the new kids.  I'd prefer that the finale song be one that I know, so I can enjoy the performance and not, as jtrattray said, learn the song.

• Love 2

Wouldn't that also fit with a group number with 800 cast members?

I thought the band girl's picture was from Friday so I was pairing the thought of the Friday performance with a big group being the future ND.

I hope so, because I really would like for the one thing (okay two things, bc I love Groffles) I'm looking forward to in the finale to be untainted by some original song by questionable songwriters.

• Love 1

Duh they will announce their engagement on March 21 the moment glee is officially over. So I guess Amber and Lea are confirmed too?

Yes. And clearly they're all in love with Matt too since he moved them to tears.

And this is sarcasm just to be clear.

Why is Wills song unearned? If it is after the five year fast forward then we have to believe he has taught the new new new new directions their whole school lives and the current newbies for at least their junior and senior years. For the orginal cast will founded the Glee club and gave them a place to artistically express them selves .

Why is Wills song unearned? If it is after the five year fast forward then we have to believe he has taught the new new new new directions their whole school lives and the current newbies for at least their junior and senior years. For the orginal cast will founded the Glee club and gave them a place to artistically express them selves .

But for the entire 5 1/2 years that have been shown on our tvs, Will has done nothing for most of the students except for in the odd episode when all of a sudden the actors says words that suggest he's been some kind if indispensible part of their lives. Most of the kids are where they are in spite of Will, who would most likely make every list of Top Five Worst Educators in TV World. So for Glee to try to sell that he's some legendary teacher deserving of a heartfelt send off when he was never valued as such during the series regular run is just all kinds of unearnedness in my book.

Ehh.. he started it but was about to leave until he heard Don't Stop. You could argue that the first 6 kids were just as significant because without them he wouldn't have stayed. They also ,in the pilot, plan to continue with or without him.

Edited by shoregirl

season 1- Will disqualified him self from sectionals after the mattress comertial allowing the club to compete and gave up his role in Les miz so Bryan Ryan wouldn't cancel it

Season 3- created booty camp to improve dancing and was shown on screen to push them hard to train at the end of the year to win nationals.

Season 4- protected the club well when they though there was a school shooting

Edited by Pink ranger
  • Love 1

Season 3- created booty camp to improve dancing and was shown on screen to push them hard to train at the end of the year to win nationals.

Unless they were called Rachel Berry.

Will's relationships with Rachel and Finn in particular made him a bad teacher. He played favourites which is always out of line for a teacher.

At least by season 4 they stopped pretending he had a special relationship with the glee kids.

Will was a more fair teacher for ND than the warblers, VA or trouble tones who have only ever had one or two principle soloists and the rest swayed like props in the back. Heck even this season, how much has Jane sung since leaving the warblers ? Roderick has done most of the singing. Will at least knew that he wasn't working out at VA and quit.

Earned or not, I think Will singing to the kids in one of the final scenes is very fitting.

Yeah, I think it make sense. I'm just sorry that they already did "Forever Young" because that is what I would have liked him to sing. But he already did that at the end of Season 3.

I could see the last song of the "story" being Shue singing Don't Stop to say thank you and good luck as the alums finally leave, and then it fades-in to the cast all signing it on stage as a celebration/memorial to the show (esp. since non-choir characters were there for that day on the stage).

I could see the last song of the "story" being Shue singing Don't Stop to say thank you and good luck as the alums finally leave, and then it fades-in to the cast all signing it on stage

as a celebration/memorial to the show (esp.

since non-choir characters were there for that

day on the stage).

It was spoiled upthread that he sings " Teach Your Children."

Does he still have Finns jacket,still letting everyone think Finns grieving best friend stole it? Great leader there.

I doubt we'll ever find out the answer to that.

I'm not sure what this has to do with spoilers, though.

Just another reason I would feel likeif Will got the final song is unearned. I just really feel the last song should be a group song.

I am happy to that it was just the last one filmed.

Edited by shoregirl