Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

St. Berry endgame happened.

Yo, don't jinx it. No matter how much circumstantial evidence we get, I've been to this rodeo before! lol Up to the very last second I'll be watching cocked in my Walking Dead viewing position. Fetal, with my forearm partially obstructing my view.

• Love 11
shakeyobonbon

10 minutes ago · Paramount Pictures

Cannot imagine a better ending to a beautiful show. Cannot wait to share Darren's song with you all on the season finale of #Glee. #thatsawrap #gleeband #gleekforlife

https://instagram.com/p/zYzosduatn/?modal=true

God please do not be the big group number.  I hope it is the  future ND's song.  Meh 

The picture at link does not have them in red/white so I am hopeful.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

Eh... I can't complain about a song that Darren wrote being used (although using it in the finale gives it far more importance than it deserves). The show has taken advantage of the outside talents of the cast before. Amber also got to sing an original song. Chris wrote a whole episode. But putting Darren's song in the finale is a bit much.

Rather surprised that the show never had Lea singing one of her songs off her album. It would have been a great cross-promotion opportunity.

Eh... I can't complain about a song that Darren wrote being used (although using it in the finale gives it far more importance than it deserves). The show has taken advantage of the outside talents of the cast before. Amber also got to sing an original song. Chris wrote a whole episode. But putting Darren's song in the finale is a bit much.

Rather surprised that the show never had Lea singing one of her songs off her album. It would have been a great cross-

promotion opportunity.

Matt also got to sing a song off his debut album and direct an episode.

Considering what Itune sales have been this season, as well as the pitiful ratings, I don't see this as any kind of a big career boost for Darren. The time when this might have actually helped his career (like getting his album released) is long past. At this point, it's nothing more than a bragging right for Darren.

My complaint will only  be if it is used it as the big group song that ends the show.    I'd rather have a known song.

ETA; It seems they are filming his song now so I have to think the future ND and not the group song so ok whatever nice for you Darren.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

The pic with the caption about Darren's song (which has been deleted) has Darren wearing the hat that Chris gave everyone. And it's in the auditorium, which they wrapped filming in yesterday. Soooo, yeah it seems like Darren's song is the group number to me, and that pic was from then.

Of course Glee would do this to me.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 1

If the song is being sung by future ND, then it might fit in with the future successes for the main characters. I can easily see them having Blaine find some success as a singer/songwriter and it would make sense that ND would use a song written by a successful alumni.

I could live with that. Blaine finds some success in music, Kurt finds success in acting (maybe tv since they love to steal from the lives of the actors - Kurt could be an award winning actor on a hit tv series). And Rachel becomes the Broadway star that she's always dreams off. This would leave me more than satisfied.

Here is the now deleted picture, with the caption

tumblr_nk5kpgOBaR1sy9ujzo1_1280.jpg

Cannot imagine a better ending to a beautiful show. Cannot wait to share Darren’s song with you all on the season finale of #Glee. #thatsawrap #gleeband #gleekforlife

Sooo, idk, given that both Darren and random background guy are wearing Chris' hats, it seems like this pic was taken on Thursday, when they did the big group thing. Idk why this band person would put a caption about Darren's song with a picture that was taken on a day when they didn't film Darren's song.

Here is the extended episode summary for "The Rise and Fall of Sue Sylvester" (episode 610)

Blaine and Kurt’s honeymoon is unexpectedly cut short when they learn of a fire at Dalton Academy, and that the entire school has burned to the ground. In light of the tragic news, Will, Kurt and Blaine decide to merge the now homeless Warblers with the undermanned New Directions and form a new show choir supergroup… one that may take some getting used to for all the students. While almost everyone else is on board with the recent developments, Sue is not. She commits herself to seeing that the new union of the former rival school’s teams does not stand, and discovers she faces opposition from the least expected of sources. As Sue proceeds to try and undo the merger of the two show choirs, her darkest secrets – some even she didn’t know about – become exposed to the unforgiving light of day, leaving her to accede to one unfathomable decision while simultaneously creating a surprising – but not unwelcome – opportunity for her. Meanwhile, Rachel returns to New York, to try and get herself readmitted to NYADA with surprising results that could either change everything or precipitate another all-too familiar experience, and Will and the others get potentially devastating news that concerns them all.

A few thoughts

• So Kurt, who couldn't be trusted with ND cuts his honeymoon short, so he and Blaine can help some kids. Given the commitment  they are showing here can they stop with the less than digs at Kurt?  
  • I think they are so doing some form of the Finn/Rachel train scene with Sam/Rachel in this episode or the next.  I would bet that is the all too familiar experience.
  • The least expected source to Sue's opposition is probably Sue's mom as Carol Burnett is back in this episode. Or maybe it is Figgins
Edited by camussie

Or it was a joke about Kurt no being able to handle the club  (not to be taken literally imo).   But Kurt could cut the Honeymoon short because Blaine is needed back due to Dalton burning down.

Huh?  I don't see  anything in the Rachel description that alludes to that.   I think the all to familiar experience is deciding between school and a show.

• Love 1

I don't think it was a joke.  Rachel didn't seem to have confidence in Kurt's to run the club on his own.  i know they come home to help out Dalton which is why I said his honeymoon is cut short to help some kids.  My point there is that Blaine and by extension Kurt are putting those kids at Dalton ahead of themselves and that means they should start showing Kurt's commitment some respect.  Blaine at least is getting some respect in what he is doing.  Kurt not so much.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

God please do not be the big group number.  I hope it is the  future ND's song.  Meh 

The picture at link does not have them in red/white so I am hopeful.

I'm going to hope that in show, Marley wrote the song, especially if Melissa wasn't available for filming. (Yep I refuse to let this season finale go by without some sort of recognition of the absent Original Newbie) I don't recall Blaine ever writing a song on the show, so it would seem a bit out of the blue to have hi write regardless of the actor's songwriting past.

Nope the writers didn't write that line for a joke  they wrote it for some bigger reason that wasn't touched on later in the episode  or since.

I don't think it was part of some story (nor did i ever claim it was) but I also don't think it was a joke.  Kurt's role as co-director has been treated as "less than" all season.  Rachel has done so a few times.  Mercedes did once.  When the directors were egged Kurt was not included in that group.  It can be both - a dig on Kurt's ability to lead the club (versus a joke) and not something that is meant to be a bigger story.

As far as how that relates to current spoilers - for all of the digs at Kurt and his ability to be a choir leader, both he and Blaine don't hestate to put their honeymoon aside to come back and help out.  

Edited by camussie

You are right Kurt very well could have stayed on his vacation while Blaine went back to Dalton and Mr Shue continued with ND.   A gold star for Kurt's sacrifice.   :)

Edited by tom87

Not what I said.  I said both Blaine and Kurt giving up their honeymoon to go back and help out.  I don't think he deserves a gold star but it would be nice if the show would stop treating his position as co-director as something to be mocked as if Kurt isn't up to the task,

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

I think the last big group number will be "Don't stop believing". I mean, it's Glee, so you never know , but that just seems like a no-brainer. They might be filming out of order, or they waited a bit to post the thing.

I think the last big group number will be "Don't stop believing". I mean, it's Glee, so you never know , but that just seems like a no-brainer. They might be filming out of order, or they waited a bit to post the thing.

They always film out of order.

I just not so sure they will DSB again. 

Didn't someone say Melisaa wasn't in the final big group number because she was injured prepping for Supergirl? Well she was the picture of us injured health last night at the Independent Spirit Awards.

Maybe CBS wouldn't let her appear. She must already be under contract to them.

The honeymoon " sacrifice" sounds more on Blane since Dalton is his place of work and old school.

The merging of ND and the Warblers is said to be decided between Kurt, Will, and Blaine after Klane get home.

In order for Kurt to help merging ND and the Warblers he has to be home and 'sacrifice' his honeymoon too, not just Blaine.

And Kurt also used to go to Dalton, plus he might want to support his husband (ugh) in this.

Point still remains that Kurt is there for the glee club (and has been there when Sue wasn't locking him up in an elevator) to do his job/internship even if that means cutting his honeymoon short, and for that matter he's always there for his friends too.

And yet they still put these little digs in that suggest that Kurt is not on par or as good at being ND's coach as Rachel, and can't be trusted with the song choices, even when he has had more music education by now than both Rachel and Blaine. I don't know if that's a nasty BTS thing or if it's simple because saving ND is purely Rachel's storyline and not Kurt's, as he's only been a prop for her so far in the choir room.

It would be so quintessentially GLEE to utterly dismiss Kurt as being of any value to New Directions and fail to show any hint of him being engaged/challenged by the experience of teaching, then ram him into the finale ND coach spot vacated by Finn, regardless. No build up whatsoever of Kurt being drawn to this (unexpectedly) as a career path, and every indication that's exactly where he's going to end up. In Lima, as a teacher. Glee, where those who can't, teach. I hope that's *not* where things end up, because, yeah, hard to see it as anything but a complete failure to achieve anything after all that work and dedication. Not performing, not in New York, and not in a healthy relationship. About what Glee feels Kurt Hummel deserves, these days.

If Kurt and Blaine's honeymoon is just a weekend in Provincetown I'm not sure cutting it short (by a day? A few hours?) is really a sacrifice. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me for Glee to say they were planning to backpack through Europe for a month because there's no way writers can know what happened in previous scenes of their shows.

• Love 1

I doubt if Kurt ends up in Lima as a teacher.

There are already spoiler photos of scenes in the finale of  Kurt (and Blaine)  apparently in a  flash forward  in NY where there appear as some fashionable gay power couple. 

tumblr_nk3dvr1B1l1r4ezfzo2_r1_1280.jpg

TBH, those outfits look ridiculous, but whatever....It doesn't scream teacher in Lima, so there's that.

Seems the teacher in LIma role will  revert back to Will Schuester.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

If you are talking about the plans to trap Finn in Lima while Will was written off my guess is they would have tied his exit to that arts commission Will had been a part of. I seriously doubt Will was going to retire from working completely.

Jttray, I doubt he would have become principal because MM wanted off the show and TPTB had agreed to that request.

Edited by camussie

Talking about Will/Matt...

http://www.eonline.com/news/628071/glee-s-last-day-of-filming-it-was-tough-says-matthew-morrison

Morrison sings the final song in the final scene of the series finale. I'm not going to spoil anything by telling you what song, but Morrison said, "It was a beautiful send-off. But it was tough. I was singing to all the kids and Amber Riley starts crying and I'm like, 'Come on, don't do this to me right now.' And then Lea Michele starts crying and then Darren Criss and Chris Colfer."

So I'm guessing from this Matt interview that the big group number is not the last song...

Edited by caracas1914

That suprises me but also makes me happy. MM has been criminally underused on this show so I am thrilled he gets the last song. Given this spoiler I think it is entirely possible the last song is Thank you for the music - something Will is singing to his students.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 3

Talking about Will/Matt...

http://www.eonline.com/news/628071/glee-s-last-day-of-filming-it-was-tough-says-matthew-morrison

So I'm guessing from this Matt interview that the big group number is not the last song...

Are we sure they're not confused, and it's actually just the last song that they shot? Because tweets seemed to imply that the big group number was the final scene. Edited by Sara2009

I wish it was not will. I never was a great fan of the character and thought he was a secondary character for much of the later seasons. Why could it not be a group number? I hope Sara is right and it was just the last song recorded.

Edited by shoregirl

Morrison sings the final song in the final scene of the series finale. I'm not going to spoil anything by telling you what song, but Morrison said, "It was a beautiful send-off. But it was tough. I was singing to all the kids and Amber Riley starts crying and I'm like, 'Come on, don't do this to me right now.' And then Lea Michele starts crying and then Darren Criss and Chris Colfer."

This would be touching if Mr. Shue had had any role whatsoever in the lives of anyone not named Rachel or Finn (except for that one episode when he did). They might as well let the McKinley High physics teacher or geometry teacher have a song too.

I am so relieved that Will appears to have a solo but i think that Matt is confused and that huge group number EVERYBODY is the final number, it makes most sense. So many changes such as the order of the flash forward and flash back episodes are uncertain right now.

I just do not see a big group song would fit with in the context of the show not to be the last song.

So I'll give  Matt's comment as if it is the last song as in the storyline. 

Edited by tom87

That suprises me but also makes me happy. MM has been criminally underused on this show so I am thrilled he gets the last song. Given this spoiler I think it is entirely possible the last song is Thank you for the music - something Will is singing to his students.

I'd also like that. It started with Will reviving the glee club and giving the kids a place of their own, and his life also changed a lot because of his decision back then to fight for the revival. It's fitting. 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

The costume designer tweeted

Andrea Medina ‏@MsAndreaMedina 
As I pulled out of the Paramount lot last night, the song that came on just so happened to be, what will be, our final #Glee song ever

There is tumblr spec, based on a crew/cast IG from the shoot of the big number where everyone was in red&white, that this big number is Darren's song "with lots and lots of voices". In any case, whichever is Darren's song, it can't be the final Glee song according to the above tweet. 

Edited by fakeempress