Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

I'm just happy we are getting one last big group number with everyone, because I was pretty sure we wouldn't. So I really don't even care what the context is for them all to be there anymore. 

And rumors that St. Berry might be endgame? But, but I thought Samchel was endgame?! True love and all that jazz.

• Love 3

Seriously. I actually think I wouldn't have been excited about St. Berry at all, mainly because I still don't think they fit that well together. They are really similar in their personalities and would not bring out the best in each other IMO, more like encourage each other's bad habits and traits - except professionally of course. I could see them as a Liz Taylor/Richard Burton kind of couple, Rachel's up-and-down go at being part of a star couple. But all this Samchel hoopla has certainly ensured that I'll take ANY pairing, any pairing at ALL, over Samchel. Seriously. Bring on the crack ships, I don't care, as long as it's not Sam.

Edited by KatWay
  • Love 7

We are of one mind Katway.  The dumb thing is how much they downplayed both Sam/Mercedes and Finn to try and sell Sam/Rachel's fling.  None of that was necessary.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 2

The dumb thing is how much they downplayed both Sam/Mercedes and Finn to try and sell Sam/Rachel's fling.  None of that was necessary.

That is what I don't get. I could maybe, maybe see them doing what they did, if they were really trying to go for broke and sell Samchel as endgame and true love. Even though it would have still been crappy in my opinion, I could sort of see why they would want to downplay any relationship Sam and Rachel had prior. This show is so stuck on first loves/only loves/true loves, etc I could at least see the logic (according to them) of why they needed to diminish both Finn and Mercedes roles in Sam and Rachel's lives. But if all they were doing was trying to show that Rachel was ready to date again, which is what it appears like now, then the whole thing was a waste of time. And to add insult to injury they had to have Mercedes come in and be the "Magic Negro" bestowing her wisdom and love and blessings on Sam and Rachel. So now as a former Samcedes shipper, if Sam and Mercedes do end up together it will feel gross to me. Like she's getting her own sloppy seconds or something.

• Love 3

Yep.  I mean I wonder what Rachel will think in the future if/when she looks at her high school scrapbook. Sam is on the first page of it and Mercedes was cropped out of a prom picture to make it look like she and Sam went to prom as a couple.  Yet, if those the spoilers are correct, the guy who is starring in her high school scrapbook doesn't make her Tony acceptance list.  Meanwhile the guy who was the biggest part of that time of her life and who is thanked in her acceptance speech is just another dude in the chorus.  

Edited by camussie

Yeah this is what stood out to me with the rumor about Rachel/Jesse being endgame - that what then was the point of the Sam/Rachel mess? I mean I guess I should be used to the writers not making much sense but still. As noted, if they just wanted to show Rachel was ready to move on, they could have easily accomplished that with a conversation or two of Rachel pretty much saying she was ready to move on, talking about how she still loved Finn and missed him but was ready to put herself out there.

They could have thrown in some storyline of her going on dates, maybe throw in a wacky date or two for the laughs. And then have Jesse show up in the penultimate episode where he and Rachel talk and rekindle their friendship with a hint of more. Because he's a character that had a history on the show and with her, their ending up together would work even if he hadn't been around for awhile. Doing this Sam/Rachel thing that will ultimately lead to nowhere, just feels like they felt they had to go there because it had been hinted at before, but many screamed at the time that it was too soon after Finn's passing. And so they were going to make sure it happened before the show ends. 

That and I think we can say that Sam is officially the "truck-stop boyfriend" - that is, the guy people date when they can't be with the person they really love or want to be with. He was for Quinn who still had feelings for Finn and hell maybe even Puck, for Santana who was really in love with Brittany, for Brittany who had broken up with Santana and now Rachel. Though I guess in Rachel's case, he was her truck stop before embarking on a real relationship again post Finn's death. Hell he was even that guy for Blaine. Nothing happened because he's straight but when Blaine couldn't have Kurt, Sam served as the convenient crush. Seems he was only #1 to Mercedes and the writers seemed to have killed that.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3

Non regulars..

Confirmed: Jonathan Groff, Heahter Morris, Samuel Larsons, Dianna Agron, Jacob Artist, Mike O' Malley, Naya Rivera, Harry Shum Jr., Mark Salling, Romy Rosemont, IIqbal Theba

Rumored: Idina Menzel, Blake (photos not defined, guessing)

Any others??

Idina isn't there.  She is in the last couple of weeks of her Broadway show.  As for Jonathan/Jesse St.James he obviously is going to be in the episode but not sure if he will be in this final number.  Seems to be ND/McKinley people including Terri.

I believe there were Dijon/Matt, Max/Dave, and Vanessa/Sugar sitings  Really weird to me that Ashley/Lauren does not seem to be there.  

Edited by camussie

Non regulars..

Confirmed: Jonathan Groff, Heahter Morris, Samuel Larsons, Dianna Agron, Jacob Artist, Mike O' Malley, Naya Rivera, Harry Shum Jr., Mark Salling, Romy Rosemont, IIqbal Theba

Rumored: Idina Menzel, Blake (photos not defined, guessing)

Any others??

There's also Jayma Mays and Jessalyn Gilsig.

Really weird to me that Ashley/Lauren does not seem to be there.

I agree. considering how close she and Chris are. And she was pretty tight with Mark as well. Not to mention she was part of the 2011 tour. Not having her there would be strange.

But the real questions is, has there been a "Stoner Brett" sighting? Cause seriously? His rendition of Gin and Juice, when he auditioned for Glee Club in Season 4 was not given the respect and consideration it deserved. 

• Love 4

OMG this group scene sounds like all my Glee hopes coming true. Even if all they are singing is Wheels On The Bus and the song has no context, this is a moment I want to see in a Glee finale. The only thing that would make it super awesome is confirmation that Marley and Ryder are appearing. I think at this stage I would even take Pepper's Ghost version of them like they did with Emma.

Groff stopped by the filming, according to Lea, don't think he is in the performance

Or she doesn't want to spoil the St. Berry endgame yet (lol, cat's already out of the bag), as I presume this big group number will take place in the future, and except for his few weeks at McKinley in season 1 to spy on and mess with ND Jesse has no business being in a McKinley reunion choir..

That's too bad.  Hopefully it isn't enough to keep her from going to some of the Oscar festivities this weekend that her role in Whiplash should get her an invite to.  For that matter Blake's role in Richard Linklater's new film might also score them an invite to some Oscar weekend parties given the momentum around "Boyhood."

Edited by camussie

Someone said Ryder was there, but that Melissa (Marley) was injured prepping for SuperGirl.

Hopefully a fake Marley can be used or perhaps she could send a skype/phone/snapchat message somehow in the scene.. It has really bugged me this season that they just threw away the newbies for new newbies and then made an issue about not having 12 people for a competition. Where any sensible show with forethought could see that keeping the newbies, even as guest starring, made sense from a story point of view.

• Love 3

I would guess it was a lot cheaper to fire the 5 noobs who were contracted but arguably not that popular, and hire 5 newer noobs for less money and without needing to lock them down.

• Love 1

Let's not mince words, I doubt the Noobs of Season 4 "decided" anything . RM dropped them like a toxic hot potato. I mean it's great some of them landed on their feet (Melissa "Super Girl" pilot/series and Blake, Linklater movie) but the choice of being dumped publicly wasn't exactly their agency.

• Love 2

Reading through the spoiler thread on Glee Forum (my god they post a LOT haha it was hard to keep track!) but apparently Ashley Fink was spotted at lunch with the cast in the red/white color scheme so that's the best proof we have of her being there. Also, there was a picture of Harry and Dijon together captioned "Matt Rutherford and Mike Chang together again!" and it kinda got me, not gonna lie.

There's also some pictures that appear to be Blake from behind. And photo proof of Heather and Naya as well as Becca (not that there was any doubt about them, but yeah.)

Edited by Craphole Island
  • Love 2

I'm wondering if this last big group number (which I'm sure is going to get to me in a big way) isn't the characters singing, but the actors. Because most of them look like they normally do and not how their characters do. It would be the ultimate dropping of the fourth wall, but an interesting way to see the show out.

I'm wondering if this last big group number (which I'm sure is going to get to me in a big way) isn't the characters singing, but the actors. Because most of them look like they normally do and not how their characters do. It would be the ultimate dropping of the fourth wall, but an interesting way to see the show out.

Darren is dressed very Blaine like as is Vanessa as Sugar.  I think I saw a glimpse of Emma with a red pencil skirt and white shirt so very Emma.

I think for the most part finding dozens of red/white combos made some more character friendly then others.

I'm pretty thrilled that so many returned for this big final number. It seems like Idina, Kristin (who both have stage shows right now), Melissa (Marley), Damien, (Rory-had a CT concert tonight, ) Grant (Sebastion), may be the only ones missing? (Paltrow doesn't count in my universe). What about the actors who played Howard Bamboo & coach Tanaka?

As much as Glee drove me crazy, I am going to miss the actors and their characters.

I wonder what the final song will be? I hope they don't do "Don' t Stop Believing" again, unless it segues into another song.

Edited by Casual Viewing

There is a picture going around with both Lea and Grof wearing wedding rings. It is being speculated that Rachel and Jesse are married in the time jump that will be in 6X12. 

What the hell was the point of Samchel ? This is season really seems to have been a wasted season.

tumblr_nk3f8cC2KS1r0bjb2o1_540.jpgB-UWky0CMAATZBH.jpg

• Love 2

There is a picture going around with both Lea and Grof wearing wedding rings. It is being speculated that Rachel and Jesse are married in the time jump that will be in 6X12. 

What the hell was the point of Samchel ? This is season really seems to have been a wasted season.

You do have to wonder if Jon was available earlier in the season if Samchel would have even happened.  Oh well I am down for St Berry over Samchel  any day.  I just hope they squeeze in a duet for them.

So do not see why they won't have a flash forward to Samcedes, unsatisfying as that may be. 

Matt and Lea worked together today:

http://fyeahgleeclub.tumblr.com/post/111606683196/msleamichele-me-and-matt-morrison-on-the-glee

Do we think this was before they got into wardrobe?

Doubtful it is them right before their duet. :(

• Love 1

Yeah seriously what has been the point of Samchel? Except to show once again the only plot these writers should be near is one you grow vegetables in!

My best guess is that locking down Groff was a last minute thing, so Samchel very well could have been endgame. These bastards don't even have pants to fly out of the seat of. But they also don't seem to have a show bible or story arcs definitively plotted out, so there's that. I'll never get over that pic of the Glee writing room with the completely barren white board. It said everything without having to say a thing.

I'm just laughing at the weird and wild twists of this whole thing. I've been lurking for the last few weeks getting ready for the end of this awful, awful show. I almost wasn't going to watch, but I have this weird tick where I watch series finales, even for shows I wasn't a viewer of just because sometimes brilliant moments of tv happen and I want to witness it (last few minutes of Six Feet still grips my heart). So I decided to give in and finish this mess out. I've sat here silently agreeing with a lot of the points made in this thread. And yet I'm an unapologetic Rachel stan. lol After suffering through this abomination for years, after finally giving up on it last season, I'm coming out this bitch with not only my TRUE one true pairing, Rachel/success/career, but also St. Berry? At this point idgaf how it's happening. I'll be that loon in the corner by herself doing the Cabbage patch. The Prep. The Kid and Play. Ooh ooh.

Although this ain't my first time at RIB's rodeo, so until the very bitter end I'll be waiting for a wild Samchel to appear. lol

• Love 9
(last few minutes of Six Feet still grips my heart)

Thar is what I wanted for glee ( see future not really their deaths).  Rachel as Clair of course :)

Edited by tom87

Going out in true glee fashion all messed up...  Good though.

f yeah, glee club ‏@fyeahgleeclub  55 sec.

Fox changed their mind about the schedule again for the finale, as of now 2009 will air before Dreams Come True.

• Love 4

Going out in true glee fashion all messed up...  Good though.

f yeah, glee club ‏@fyeahgleeclub  55 sec.

Fox changed their mind about the schedule again for the finale, as of now 2009 will air before Dreams Come True.

So the big group sing with all the past characters isn't in the last episode? Or is it just being tacked on at the end of whatever the final episode is?

FWIW, I think the plan had been to have Groff at the end anyhow. And I had figured last season that Rachel would end up with either Sam or Jesse; there's a lot of similarities between Finn and Sam that would keep Rachel balanced, and the writers, at least have gotten that mostly right.

There's a pic posted im FYGC that shows virtually everyone who had been in ND on the sound stage dressed in reds and white taken literally from up in the rafters of the soundstage, I assume for the final group song of the series. and I think it shouldn't be too difficult to guess what that last number would be.

And I had not expected 6-13 to be anything other than the actual final episode; 6-9 makes much more sense as the next to last episode with the two hour block.