Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

I said how untypical that is of Lea, and how it neatly coincided with her name heavily involved in someone's firing from set (regardless of whether true or not, the point is it was in the mainstream media, not only the Wetpaint-style sites). How bizarre that I should even consider the possibility of it being for positive pr, it's not like no one from this show ever resorted to damage control tactics of any kind.

ETA - The point is: people tag their fellow actors and crew with their handles all the time. They may also use character portmanteaus, like Naya has used Brittana, and I think Lea may have used Hummelberry iirc, though not recently. But actors' portmanteaus are rarely pushed in this way. Kevin's kinda doing it now with #McRiley but of course they have a radio show together and that's the show's exact name. 

Deleastreet was first used on March 27 than on  April 10 and April 15th.   The  Naya argument happened after the April 15th Deleastreet tweet according to Brad F.  and story of Naya did not hit TMZ until the 17th.   So  all 3 times it was used before any Naya argument or word of being fired.  And than was not used again until once in  Sept and today.

Again not everything is a conspiracy imo.    Lea also called Brittany and Santana, Santity at one point so do not really think she is to worry about  the nicknames tbh.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

It still doesn't say much that Kurt and Blaine need Sue's help to get back together. It would be one thing if she just encouraged them, but she's actually locking them in an elevator together.

Edited by Sara2009

It still doesn't say much that Kurt and Blaine need Sue's help to get back together. It would be one thing if she just encouraged them, but she's actually locking them in an elevator together.

The Sue stuff is ridiculous all around.  

Sue in reality would be berating them all for still being in Lima and dating their HS sweethearts.

Edited by tom87
It still doesn't say much that Kurt and Blaine need Sue's help to get back together.

But do they need her help because it really just sounds like for whatever reason Sue has decided all on her own, that the two must be together and is scheming to accomplish it. But seeing as this elevator thing happens so soon with at least seven or so episodes to go after, I'd be shocked if they reunite at that point so her scheming likely doesn't work.

Edited by truthaboutluv

Deleastreet was first used on March 27 than on  April 10 and April 15th.   The  Naya argument happened after the April 15th Deleastreet tweet according to Brad F.  and story of Naya did not hit TMZ until the 17th.   So  all 3 times it was used before any Naya argument or word of being fired.  And than was not used again until once in  Sept and today.

Again not everything is a conspiracy imo.    Lea also called Brittany and Santana, Santity at one point so do not really think she is to worry about  the nicknames tbh.

As I said, rumours about a serious conflict were already swirling by the time of the Glee 100 episode party which was on March 18, when Naya was asked by TV line if she was leaving the show. I just googled to be sure, and she said: “I guess Lea was doing interviews and had omitted me from the New York cast list, but I’m sure that was just a Freudian slip on her part, or maybe it wasn’t,” Rivera offered. “People just take things, little things, and blow them up. But like I said, I’m reporting for duty Thursday at noon.” That was when everyone and their cat got on the rumour mill train, the media were already chasing the story.

If Lea used the tag outside filming Glee - which she can, it's their names, not the characters - I'd be more inclined to see it as just another tag, but she doesn't and the guys also haven't to my knowledge. It's a work-related tag, and I don't need to point out the conflict with Naya was presented as work-related, not just them not liking each other and not being friends. 

Again, it's not an issue of character hashtags, which a lot of people have used, Lea incl., be it Brittana, Santity or w/e.

Finally, there is a difference between the image management aspect of public relations which is a normal practice, and the conspiracy thinking to which you refer. I made a spec based on the former. 

Edited by fakeempress

Lea  only stated the truth as she knew it. The only people in the  NY episodes  were the ones she mentioned at that time she did the interview in early March.

But go ahead the idea that the PR team just in case there was trouble would make up a fake  nickname  and and have  them tweet it out over a  week after that tvline interview  but not after the actual news of trouble makes complete sense.  :)

Edited by tom87

Lea  only stated the truth as she knew it. The only people in the  NY episodes  were the ones she mentioned at that time she did the interview in early March.

But go ahead the idea that the PR team just in case there was trouble would make up a fake  nickname  and and have  them tweet it out over a  week after that tvline interview  but not after the actual news of trouble makes complete sense.  :)

That's the point, it wasn't just in case, and waiting for the shit to really hit the fan is what exactly doesn't make sense, if you know there is a good possibility of it hitting it (because it's not only up to you, there's another side which you may not be able to influence). Doesn't matter what Lea meant, at Glee 100 Naya basically said Lea meant to omit her. That's bringing it out in the open while throwing the media a juicy bone, and not by an anonymous "source close to".The later events indicate to me there was something going on there, all the more reason to try some preventive image control by presenting a good friendship at work (which may well be real, but not the purpose of the push - else why wait until that moment to suddenly push it, DLS had scenes together before it). #DLS is back as Lea is back at work and Naya is also back. In the meantime the media didn't forget the story - I mentioned how several interviews asked Chris about it in the summer, he didn't deny it outright but basically removed himself, saying "ask them".

PR is not a dirty word like the tinhatters or other conspiracists mean it, it's a legitimate profession which however deals not only with pure promotion but also with  image management and crisis management. This is something a political consultant would do, for instance. Some people and companies actually specialize in crisis management PR, and it comes in various forms and degrees, it's not only Wag the Dog type professional. This is just to say image management is done on a large scale every day in various situations, from the mundane to the critical. I'll stop here and let you think as you wish.

Edited by fakeempress

Well I hope they fired their criss management team becasue the only thing they did was a Deleastreet hashtag and a few badly worded statement from a few people weeks later.   They let Lea be thrown under the bus for weeks afterwards.  I would think a crisis management team would have made a statement  in regards to Naya firing  or being cut from the last episode and instruct the cast and crew how to answer questions in regard to the matter. 

But why do any of that would you have hashtag. 

We obviously need to agree to  disagree.   

Edited by tom87

OMG you said yourself about Brad. There were statements from Fox, from the producers (Brad), it wasn't anymore just between Lea and Naya just for them to manage, if it got to Naya being off the show (for w/e time). And low-tech tools can be effective, the tag and the pics told you a different story, didn't they. I said it was image management, nothing more. If it proves to be only friends having fun on social media, I don't mind being wrong. 

ETA - Yes, RIB are not the best at instructing and closing ranks. I'm sure I can make a longer list but what just came to my mind is how they mishandled the "firing" of Chris in S3. Ryan threw him under the bus alright.

Edited by fakeempress

Oh no A picture of Darren and Chris it most be a cover a up. They must be forced by tbtb to show Klaine is still have scenes together. I am sure the is is some conspiracy surrounding this new picture of Klaine in the Warbler jackets.

That picture isn't new, it's from S2.

From mjsbigblog:

Yes. I can confirm that the BTS photo Darren tweeted of Kurt and Blaine in Warbler uniforms is from 6x03, Jagged Little Tapestry.

It happens during the “It’s Too Late” duet. The scene shifts to the Lima Bean. Blaine spots Kurt and begins to remember old times, back when they were Warblers..

How lame is it that RIB feel the need to resort to show (newly fabricated) flashbacks of Klaine in their Dalton periode, which is 4(!) years ago in canon, in an attempt to ignite some (lingering?) sentimental sympathetic feelings for that pairing when they were still new and reasonably undamaged.

To make the forcing through our throats of their inevitable ruinion less grating? Or will they even retcon the past a little bit here and there? Like pretending that Blaine was already madly in love with Kurt before he first chose and tried to date another guy (and outed him!) and even a girl (Rachel)?

(Guess what: it's probably not working, besides for some of  the easily distracted and forgetful Klainers who are now joyfully reblogging that pic endlessly while declaring to watch the new season after all, when nothing really changed in the outcome, as Blainofsky is still a thing that's gonna happen.)

Edited by Glorfindel

How lame is it that RIB feel the need to resort to show (newly fabricated) flashbacks of Klaine in their Dalton periode,

In the hands of competent storytellers--and with more of a time jump than six measly months, it could have been a sweet and nostalgic scene, particularly if it was used to show the characters finally letting go of their teenage ideas of lurve and forever and whatnot.

What's hilarious is that Kurt was at Dalton because Karofsky's bullying had taken such a sinister turn.  The spoiler phrases the scene as "Blaine spots Kurt and begins to remember old times, back when they were Warblers."  So Blaine sees Kurt, remembers their time together at Dalton and then goes home to... the guy responsible for Kurt being at Dalton.

• Love 3

In the hands of competent storytellers--and with more of a time jump than six measly months, it could have been a sweet and nostalgic scene, particularly if it was used to show the characters finally letting go of their teenage ideas of lurve and forever and whatnot.

What's hilarious is that Kurt was at Dalton because Karofsky's bullying had taken such a sinister turn.  The spoiler phrases the scene as "Blaine spots Kurt and begins to remember old times, back when they were Warblers."  So Blaine sees Kurt, remembers their time together at Dalton and then goes home to... the guy responsible for Kurt being at Dalton.

Oh, I hadn't even thought of that.

And when you look at MJ's blog (not her tumblr) she added this (the bolded) to the spoiler already posted a few posts back:

The BTS photo that Darren Criss tweeted (see above!) of Blaine and Kurt dressed in Dalton Academy uniforms IS from the “It’s Too Late” duet.  The song begins at the music sheet store after Kurt runs into Blaine and Karofsky. At one point, the scene shifts to the Lima Bean.  Blaine (Karofsky is also in this scene) spots Kurt, and in flashback, remembers old times when they were Warblers.

So Karofsky is probably there with Blaine in the scene at the Lima Bean when Blaine remembers the "good ol' Dalton days".

Oy, this is just awful.

Edited by Glorfindel

So Karofsky is probably there with Blaine in the scene at the Lima Bean when Blaine remembers the "good ol' Dalton days".

I would give a charity donation rivaling that of the xmas box ring club or whatever the hell they're called if Blaine turned to Karofsky in that scene and with utter earnestness said, "OMG, Dave, I never realized it, but I have YOU to thank for meeting Kurt!  Thank you so much!"  and then Dave says, "Aw, come on Blaine, it wasn't nuthin!"  And kind of scuffs his toe on the floor all adorable-like.

• Love 7

After that flashback to the good times, he shacks up with the former menacing bully who caused them to meet in the first place. What a charming love story. I can't believe everybody isn't just clamoring for more and rooting for them to run back into each others' arms. /sarcasm

No wonder they need Sue, Saw references, and whatever else after that it'll take to get these two to even talk again.

What is wrong with these people? They're clearly trying to make this entire thing about Klaine. They're obviously big romantic comeback of the season, but every single step along the way makes everybody involved look like they should be taken to some kind of full time treatment facility for extensive help. Nothing here seems even remotely romantic. It's beyond even contrived romantic comedy stuff that's funny conflict. They seem to be repeatedly asking what the ugliest things they could do to these characters is, then doing it. That's some seriously hard to watch stuff coming up for anybody who ever liked either character or the show seeing as it's sucking up tons of time. They do know they need people to tune in to all the episodes, not just the last one where they stomach churningly shove these two idiots together again, right?

I'm confused at who'd even be rooting for this "comeback" by the end. They're determined to kill everything anybody ever liked about this pairing, and there's no way to rebuild that in the last episode with a corny duet after Blaine ditches the problematic death threat deliverer and Kurt decides dating a guy with kids his age isn't for him. There's just no way it lands as a good thing. It's hard to see how either character comes out of this remotely likable. 

Incompetence or malice, can we tell?

Edited by penpen

But didn't you hear, per Ryan Murphy, they're giving the viewers what they've always wanted, lol. And when I read bullshit like that, is when I am further convinced that the writers are basically fucking with the audience and this is Murphy's punishment for the ratings falling hard in S4 and S5 because how dare the fans not appreciate his super revolutionary idea. Because there is no way that that man can believe ANYONE wanted to see this. There is just no way. No one can be that tone deaf to their viewers. 

• Love 4

After pathetic Blaine of last season who wanted a weak Kurt any time now that Blaine looks back in a nostalgic way I will just be  thinking he is nostalgic for when he was big man on campus moreso then it being  about Kurt.

After that flashback to the good times, he shacks up with the former menacing bully who caused them to meet in the first place. What a charming love story. I can't believe everybody isn't just clamoring for more and rooting for them to run back into each others' arms. /sarcasm

No wonder they need Sue, Saw references, and whatever else after that it'll take to get these two to even talk again.

am further convinced that the writers are basically fucking with the audience and this is Murphy's punishment for the ratings falling hard in S4 and S5

Sounds not only ironic and moronic, but like Glee does AHS on vindictive purpose. Ryan is so predictable with putting it on someone else - the fans now, like he put the failure of the revolutionary noobs on Cory's passingI just can't help but feel sorry for the actors who will be asked to talk about this complete and utter mess when the show comes back. 

That picture isn't new, it's from S2.

It's shot now, Kurt's hair is totally different. It's like the flashback they shot for Rachel in Opening Night, or more to the point which Blaine had before he cheated. Speaking of, RIB likes to recycle, wonder if there'll be another SL where Blaine cheats out of love, this time on Karofsky.

I think the most puzzling part of this final season for me is the theme which is supposedly about "Comebacks" but coming back from what? We have Rachel who has blown her opportunities on Broadway and in Hollywood so we are to believe that her "Comeback" is teaching children who may go on and achieve what she herself could not hold onto once making it there? That rings so false to me. Let her recognize that yes she still loves performing and as she "lives for the applause" that she picks herself up, dusts herself off and starts again at small theater venues and show that she is determined to once again make it back to Broadway. Blaine and Kurt I guess the comeback there is what, even though love can be hard and lovers can grow apart, that through any pain or hurt if the love is true you will "comeback" to the person to whom your heart truly calls for. That too is a little unrealistic with all the unnecessary and ridiculous obstacles they are throwing in the way of "true love". Is Will's comeback suppose to be that his heart belongs with WMHS and the Glee club there although he has a Glee Club and current students that need the same guidance, attention commitment and devotion that he is willing to sacrifice them for to make his old stomping ground matter. What is the rest of the cast "Comeback" suppose to be or is Ryan only concerned with Rachel, Blaine and Kurt. It took more than these 3 to make Glee a successful show but sadly it appears that these are the only ones that matter to the writers. So far, nothing encouraging, uplifting or inspiring has been presented and surely nothing they have provided so far in the way of spoilers have anything to do with how important "art in school" is. I really want something that will make me believe that somehow the writers are going to somehow salvage this wreckage but with each passing spoiler my hope continues to fade.

So far, nothing encouraging, uplifting or inspiring has been presented and surely nothing they have provided so far in the way of spoilers have anything to do with how important "art in school" is. I really want something that will make me believe that somehow the writers are going to somehow salvage this wreckage but with each passing spoiler my hope continues to fade.

I think we're at the point where they screwed the pooch and nothing they do after it is going to make that pooch any less traumatized by the experience.

• Love 3

This seems all done to accommodate Jane Lynch whose character Sue is part and parcel of McKinley High. I'm sure FOX was reassured by RIB Jane would be featured in S6 , and instead of the writers taking the effort to flesh out another setting for Sue to get transplanted to they threw up their hands and just decided High School is easier, thus Ryan Murphy's bullshit about performing arts in school.

The irony is that because her character was never more than a menacing cartoon villain , using her now just drags everything down because the audience knows where every SL with her Is going. Threatening Glee club's existence in Season 6? She's simply Wile E. Coyote in a tracksuit.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

The other thing is Sue's villainy isn't even believable because the show intermittently softens the character. She had the Original Glee club help out with her sisters funeral, tried to combat bullying at McKinley, was genuinely touched by Finns death, become a mother to a special needs child, coddled Becky for years, has been shown to care for the education of the students, seemed to empathize with Will losing ND after Season 5, etc. Then the show just reboots her as a maniacal villain out to destroy Glee.

The original premise made sense because Glee threatened the funds available for her Cheerios squad, but what motivation does she now have to squash a choir that self finances anyways?

Edited by caracas1914

I think that Ryan is genuinely invested in the whole McKinley high/Glee club setting. Sue is an Important cog in that but, as with her whirlwind romance with Mario, they would have transferred her to New York if nessisary, not the other-way round IMO. Ever since Graduation-gate in 2011 Ryan was very adamant about his vision of Glee being Degassie the musical with a continual rotation of high school characters to populate that Choir room.

I assume that Will's " comeback" is just getting ND back. The only reason he's even at Carmel is because ND got disbanded. He didn't seem all that enthusiastic about the job interview back in 5x13. His apparent struggle sort of makes sense given that his wife and ALL of his friends are at McKinley, but the story line is unnecessary since we could probably see the resolution coming from a mile away.

I think one of the biggest ball-dropping issues with Glee (of the approximately 11,293,203 ball-dropping issues) was when for, like, an episode or two, Sue joined the Glee Club, but then they dropped the whole idea.  They could have set up a great arc with Will and Sue fighting for control of the club--with Will wanting it to be used as an outlet for the gleeky kids to sing, express themselves, find acceptance, etc. and Sue hellbent on making them a force to be reckoned with, the likes of which show choirs around the world have never seen nor heard, Vocal Adrenawho?? 

There could have been all kinds of silly stories to tell that way--Sue willing to win at any cost--and some of the kids wanting to play it her way.  Rachel and Santana could have been hilarious minions on that front.  Will would have been a lot more cumbayaish -- and both of them could have stayed relevent to the show in a much more organic way with a lot of room still available to tell stories about the kids too. 

• Love 1
I think that Ryan is genuinely invested in the whole McKinley high/Glee club setting. Sue is an Important cog in that but, as with her whirlwind romance with Mario, they would have transferred her to New York if nessisary, not the other-way round IMO. Ever since Graduation-gate in 2011 Ryan was very adamant about his vision of Glee being Degassie the musical with a continual rotation of high school characters to populate that Choir room.

However  it didn't work for whatever reasons with the reboot of Season 4.  So to do it in the last season when all the leading characters are no longer students refutes everything  Ryan's said he was against, ie aging actors stuck in a HS setting for upteeen years.  Putting Quinn, Santana and Brittany in "alumni cheerleader" outfits to perform for the 6th straight year speaks volumes.  

Since the concept of a revolving cast was a flop, what reason is there to stay in McKinley other than to service a character that the writers can't seem to write anywhere else?  Granted the show would probably fare as badly in NY because the writers can't write, but that's another can of worms..

Ryan would rather eat his words than reboot and change the setting now simply because he wants to draw attention as far away as possible that his personal vision was such a bust.

OK, so that's 2 reasons the show is stuck in ground hog day High School.

Edited by caracas1914

But they have brought in 5 new kids to be in ND 3.0, several of whom are already singing more than a couple of the series's regulars and have pretty substantial story lines. They don't appear to have the same amount of prominence as Marley & co did but the basic reboot formula is still there with Rachel taking the reins from Finn as Will 3.0.

But they have brought in 5 new kids to be in ND 3.0, several of whom are already singing more than a couple of the series's regulars and have pretty substantial story lines. They don't appear to have the same amount of prominence as Marley & co did but the basic reboot formula is still there with Rachel taking the reins from Finn as Will 3.0.

The original premise was to change the cast in order to keep the show fresh and maintain ratings.  Since the show is in effect canceled and having new students was proven to a bomb, the only reason I can see to still do it is for Ryan to keep face that he wasn't wrong.  It doesn't make sense but Ryan's ego has to be served.

Anyone who would use Cory Monteith's death as  cover for why his concept failed is capable of anything.

• Love 1

What else do they have? New ideas? That's a laugh.

Rachel's back to learn a new lesson about humility and caring about other people. Klaine got broken up over the hiatus so they can be the get back together story again again. Matthew Morrison is trapped in a bad tv show against his will because they hate him for some reason. Everybody else is just there to tell the new new kids how awesome they are and that they too can be abject failures if they just pursue the arts like their teachers did. Flunking out of college is the path to arts in schools being awesome. Or something. Glee never did get their PSA episodes right.

• Love 2

The frustrating thing is that Ryan’s vision could have actually been executed well if he had made better decisions during around season 2.Chris, Darren and Naya didn’t start the series as major lead characters. They had relatively lesser supporting roles at the beginning. What happened was that the audience responded to them well and the writers expanded their roles to align with their talents. 

A similar mechanism to create new stars that could eventually take over from the original cast carry the series could have been successful.  They should have staggered the ages of original cast and perhaps have continued the trend of season 1 where one season was half a school year so that the big fan favourites where in high school for much longer than 3 seasons. Write new and interesting characters that the audience could invest in with great talented actors for them. Introduce them gradually to the ensemble while also systematically graduating off older ones. A  secondary narative in say Chicago could have been set up to continue performing arts careers related storylines for the gradautes while keeping them close enough to Lima to realistly incooporate them there to give tham more screentime. Potential Broadway shows often tour in Chicago before landing in New York. We could have followed Rachel working her way up the threather ranks there before her big final scene as a Broadway star for example

Glees downfall started when they suddenly made all of the most popular kids graduate only in season 3. They also failed to invest the time in characters like Sugar and Joe who IMO had more potential than what they where given.

Edited by Pink ranger

The problem is all the "solutions" require writers who are not the ones Glee has.

While I still contend that the Season 4 shift to lesser characters suddenly the lead characters was simply too much of a bad thing,  it wasn't as if the show wasn't getting tired with it's format by Season 3.

So yea there is so much epic fail in what Glee planned, but the biggest is that the writers told the same stories over and over and over, and changing the cast suddenly or gradually wasn't going to change that.

It boils down to if Glee wanted to be Friday Night lights/Degrassi the musical they should have never degraded Will's role starting in season 2.  If they wanted to keep a rotating cast of kid characters then they needed as strong "adult" character to anchor that choir room.  FNL worked precisely because coach and Tami Taylor were the central characters on the show.  But instead of keeping Will central they responded to the hype surrounding the tours and basically had him riding the white board while the show centered on the kids almost exclusively.  Rachel and Finn were already leads but starting in season 2 Kurt became a lead while Will faded to the background some and they Santana became one in season 3 while will faded even more to the background.  

Then in season 5 Will was off screen while Finn took over his role but even though he had been a lead it was obvious he too was soon destined to ride the whiteboard while the kids were front and center.  Sure he had a 5/6 episode finding his future arc before the holiday break (with a coda in "sweet dreams") but the after break he was relegated to supporting the Blam!  show while Will was entirely off screen.

As Caracas said for Glee to be what RM said he wanted it to be (starting with season 4) Glee needed different writers who planned ahead and who didn't get caught up in whatever was "hot" with the audience at the moment.  

Edited by camussie

Though even a gradual transition wouldn't have made Weepy, spineless Marley any more an appealing Lead character.

Also let's not forget  they made Blaine, Sam, Brittany and Tina "lead" characters who had already  been there for several years and that transition wasn't exactly all that spectacular despite the GA knowing those characters beforehand...

Edited by caracas1914

But the actress Melissa Benoist currently has 5 movies in can with fairly substantial supporting roles. If other Hollywood producers sees something in her then it's rather ironic that her breakthrough project couldnt make better use of her.

Edited by Pink ranger
  • Love 3

Though even a gradual transition wouldn't have made Weepy, spineless Marley any more an appealing Lead character.

Also let's not forget  they made Blaine, Sam, Brittany and Tina "lead" characters who had already  been there for several years and that transition wasn't exactly all that spectacular despite the GA knowing those characters beforehand...

If Marley had been bedded in during season 3 those in charge could've seen she wasn't popular as a lead character. Possibly we would could have had season 4 concentrate on the more interesting newbies (Jake, Kitty imo). I also think a glee club lead by Tina and Artie had potential, especially give they had been there from the start.

The problem with season4/5 is the same problem with the spoilers for season 6 - bad writing. You have a great cast, the potential for decent characters, but if it's not on the page even the best actors are screwed.

• Love 1

Becca Tobin aka Kitty posted a pic of part of the script that seems to be  a continuation of Hurt Locker (6:04) maybe a part two. (6:05)

becbecbobec

'The Hurt Locker, Part 2' Production Draft

CONTINUED:

Sue: Okay, Becky? I’m going to ask you to shut up. You’re ruining this.

Becky: It looks like they don’t even like each other…

Sue: Oh sweet, simple Becky, you have so much to learn about love.

Becky: What are you talking about? I have a hot boyfriend!

Sue: (not listening) So much to learn.

(then) Look at them, Becky. Never have two human beings been so [?] for one another. Yet somehow, hackneyed circumstances and a pudgy former bully have come between them. I need to get these two together in a small space where they’ll be forced to gaze into one another’s eyes once again—and then, Becky, the sticky frottage will commence.

[?] IN on Sue’s scheming

INT. MCKINLEY HIGH — HALLWAY — DAY

Rachel marches up to Kitty, nervously —

Rachel: Your name is Kitty Wilde, you’re named after a Bruce Springsteen song, you don’t trust newspapers because you think they lied about Watergate, you once beat up a mascot at a minor league baseball game for trying to get everyone to do the wave, you list your favorite savior as Jesus, you prefer Wheat Thins to Triscuits and you rarely wear underwear—I got that last one from Artie.

translation via the INTERNET.  Link to a picture of the script.

http://fyeahgleeclub.tumblr.com/post/99975820366/becbecbobec-the-hurt-locker-part-2

So when Sue get the idea to stick Klaine in and elevator and Kitty is back, Rachel maybe trying to get her back in glee club??

If they had to bring back the old newbs I am glad it is Kitty the only one that even interested me a little bit. (besides maybe Jake dancing a bit)

Edited by tom87
"Never have two humans been so [?] for one another."

Yeah, Kurt and Blaine are so right?destined? for one another that one of them cheated after 2 weeks apart, they broke up twice, couldn't live with one another (also twice), and the same one who cheated has now moved in with the other's ex-bully. But Klaine is a true epic romance, the love story of the 21st century.

Excuse me while I go puke.

Jeez, what have they done to Sue? Her being the biggest Klainer now is so ridiculous and completely OOC, and as Sue has had many crazy storylines in the past already that's saying something. It's terrible writing, a horrible way to move the plotline further, it's just beyond stupid at this point.

I wonder what Jane Lynch thinks about all this garbage she has to act out.

And what maybe bothers me the most about this Sue-the-Klainer storyline is Sue calling Karofsky a "pudgy former bully" now, and this is after she harasses and slut shames him the episode before.

When in 'On My Way' Sue was crying and deeply moved by Dave's suicide attempt, saying she could have done more for him. Ugh.

I never was a fan of Karofsky, but after they went so far as to have him commit (a failed) suicide, they really should not have brought back his character only to be ridiculed and (ab)used as a roadblock for Klaine.

It ruins so much: Karofsky's progress of being a confident out and proud homosexual now (when Sue slut shames him and mocks his appearance), him carefully having made amends with Kurt (still curious if Dave will act defensive/possesive and agressive towards Kurt now, or shy and sympathetic, now he's with Blaine), and don't even get me started on how this all puts Blaine in a really bad light for dating him.

Edited by Glorfindel

So apparently they are filming the scene were Rachel & Sam kiss. I for one am glad he is in a trance and will not remember and says that he is still in love with Mercedes. I have nothing against Rachel moving on, but I don't like they have to let her discover it this way because: 1. Mercedes was a good friend to her, maybe one of the few female friends she has and then she pursues Sam. 2. Under a trance or not, if Sam hadn't pursued Rachel with ALL the months he had in NY and moments he's been back at McKinley or none of their Monday night dinners why would Rachel assume that suddenly he wants to get all romantic with her? 3. I guess they are not going to show any interactions between Sam and Mercedes in episode 2, so there may be some benefit of the doubt there and Rachel assumes that he has moved on but again why with the man who is still missing the woman he loves (Mercedes) and her friend (oh look Mercedes again!). The friend who came back to help her get a New Directions Glee Club stood up again? 4. This is fan pandering at its worst (so at least maybe 6 or 7 people will be happy), but these are the people making Dave & Blaine a thing so I shouldn't be surprised at all. Yet the hypnosis is a way for Glee to get its ridiculous cake & eat it too. But from Twitter comments very few people even want this (which fans did Ryan listen too?) This what happens when Glee meets AHS! 5. Within the same episode they have Sam turn around and throw Rachel under the bus when he's caught stealing Will's mail. 6. What happens to their "friendship" when all this blows over? 7. Does Rachel or Sam even tell Mercedes? At some point Mercedes is returning to Ohio (hopefully sooner versus later) how does Rachel then interact with her and yes Sam too. I'm sure he will feel some guilt about what happened especially since he was unaware that it was happening at all? 8. Rachel knew how Mercedes (at least) felt about Sam so again why is she pursuing him? Time may be a factor but if Finn was alive still how would Rachel have reacted to him pursuing one of her female friends? I know its a fictional show but even in those you just don't want continued idiocy and this is what 6x04 is completely shaping up to be!

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 1

Yet the hypnosis is a way for Glee to get its ridiculous cake & eat it too.

Word. And they'll present it as so cute that he's supposedly still in love with Mercedes, while macking on the one remaining original Glee club girl he hadn't made out with yet (not to mention others in between).

I just can't with a TV show in 2014 have someone kiss another person because they are hypnotized. What the fuck, wasn't that a "I dream of Jeannie" episode back in the 60's ?

It was also in a Star Trek episode as the only way Gene Roddenberry could get an interracial kiss past the censors.

Seriously, enough with the high school romance. Have Rachel move on with someone outside the glee club, not Finn 2.0

Word. And they'll present it as so cute that he's supposedly still in love with Mercedes, while macking on the one remaining original Glee club girl he hadn't made out with yet (not to mention others in between).

Really wondering how they sit around in the writers room and come up with complete BS that no one wants, yet Ryan comes out and says "we really listened to the fans". I don't where he is finding these fans cause I do believe any of them ever said "give me a Sam & Rachel make-out scene were one of the characters making out doesn't even voluntarily wants it"! However, I've seen numerous fans asking for "Sam and Mercedes to be endgame in S6". So I take anything he says with a dump truck load of salt!

It was also in a Star Trek episode as the only way Gene Roddenberry could get an interracial kiss past the censors.

Seriously, enough with the high school romance. Have Rachel move on with someone outside the glee club, not Finn 2.0

Sam is not even a "Finn 2.0" though. Think that's why they are trying to make Blaine the male lead. Rachel should move on but I don't think it should be with a Glee club former member or with the man she knows was "in love" with her friend. This too me really doesn't make Rachel look good (she's already dealing with not remaining a success) and now she'll get rejected because Sue wants to bring her down. How horrible are they writing all these characters for the final season? I don't like characters being used as pawns to satisfy Sue's childish antics, especially those (Sam and Mercedes) I want to see have a happy ending. I mean if Santana/Brittany and Quinn/Puck can have it why can't Sam/Mercedes. Jury still out on where they are going with Blaine/Kurt but I'm just frustrated by all of Glee's unnecessary drama and stupidity!

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 1
I guess they are not going to show any interactions between Sam and Mercedes in episode 2, so there may be some benefit of the doubt there and Rachel assumes that he has moved on

I would think him kissing her would have her thinking he has moved on too.     She doesn't know why he kissed her at this point .

It is all around is a stupid storyline.  They could have had something poignant for Rachel  and moving on but they do this instead. 

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

I'm taking Rachel has having even an iota of interest for someone like Sam (who while cute has an IQ that makes Jason Stackhouse look like a Rhodes Scholar) as a sign of just how low she is. Her career is toast, she's stuck in Lima and battling with Sue so why should she aspire to having a half-way decent guy? No, she's got to have the hots for the sloppy seconds of every other girl that she was in ND with.

I'm rather amused at how the steady flow of spoilers seem to have dried up, at least as far as ep 5 is concerned. The show really is in a fix - releasing the spoilers is the one thing they really can do in order to keep the interest of what little audience Glee has left. But with no set date for actually airing the episodes, the odds are that they're going to finish production before the final season starts airing. We could pretty much know how the whole season plays out before a single episode actually makes it to our tv screens. With ep 4 leaving the question over the future of Kurt and Blaine up in the air, the show can't reveal much without blowing what little suspense they might be able to squeeze out of the season.

Edited by Hana Chan

I was wondering if they just slowed up the spoiler to not give away everything before the show even airs too .   They need to dole them out slower and then not give anything for the final few episodes except maybe some song spoilers and who is in the last few episodes.

Edited by tom87