Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

TBH the scenario reminds me of educational PSA driven films about the potential dangers of paedophile groomers on internet chat rooms. This 50 year old should be getting romantically involved with people his own age. The fact that he is targeting somebody Kurts age, and most chat room have age specific target demographics so he would have know roughly the age of the people that he was interacting with, is disturbing.

Edited by Pink ranger
  • Love 2
Anyway, I'll be curious next time Blaine does something of even half the magnitude as this guy with hiding everything about himself, if people will also dismiss it as no big deal. But why wait? Let's start now with having no issues with Blaine dating Karofsky because Kurt doesn't, he freaked out but clearly is ok with it since he's been talking to Blaine, even about his dating life. It's not like Blaine threatened to kill him or to kiss him against his will, right.

JFC, Blaine is having a relationship with the man who bullied and threatened to kill his ex love   But yeah, that's nothing compared to someone lying about their age.   Yup  that in magnitude trumps everything LOL.    Blaine cheats by fucking a random face book but I guess it's wasn't that bad because the random face book fuck didn't LIE about his age, OK.  Karofsky never lied about his age either  so I guess that makes what he did less egregious also.

Of course the writers have fucked up  everything and thrown Blaine completely under the bus and run him over a few times with the Karofsky SL and other stuff.  It happens.  But a random character who probably won't appear past a five minute appearance is somehow much more horrible in order  to justify things for Blaine..LOL.  I know stans are pissed he's been slammed by the writers, as has Rachel, Will, etc,.. Alas blame the writers...

TBH the scenario reminds me of educational PSA driven films

True, or some critically lauded Woody Allen movie.

Edited by caracas1914

Well, if you're into Kurt doing some guy who is a self-insert for somebody in the production who had a sad that Bryan Singer no longer has parties where he can get his kink on, sure. Have some fun with that.

• Love 2

Since Kurt and Karofsky kind of made peace with each other on screen after the suicide attempt, I don't think that it is throwing Blane under the bus to write him dating Karofsky who by the evidence is out, proud and succeeding as a college student. I mean Sue Sylvester has physically assaulted multiple people on screen, including punching an old Women and pushing somebody down the stairs and caused them brain injury. If that means that any character who has a positive relationship with her is being written badly as a character..IDK. The Bullying storyline happened several years ago and everybody involved is know grown and functional in society. I know that I don't still hold a grudge against kids that I didn't get along with at school so I don't think that Kurt would.

Edited by Pink ranger

A large age spread sure does make a lot of people pull out their prudey mcprudipants. I can see saying you'd personally never date someone more than a year or two your senior or junior but why judge other people who make the choice to do it? As long as both parties are doing what they want, why appoint yourself the morality police?

I think you could argue that a character would or wouldn't be willing to date someone much older or younger--I don't know that I have a feel for where Kurt would be on that--we've seen him think Finn, Blaine, and the Spanish teacher were super dreamy, but other than that we've never really seen him have lusty thoughts for anyone.

I'd be way more creeped out if the online guy told the complete unblemished truth in his profile. What kind of weirdo does that?

• Love 1
Since Kurt and Karofsky kind of made peace with each other on screen after the suicide attempt, I don't think that it is throwing Blane under the bus to write him dating Karofsky who by the evidence is out, proud and succeeding as a college student.

This is exactly why the minute I heard this, I felt like this was just another FU by RIB, particularly Ryan Murphy because he is that petty. Because interesting that you mention the above because the fact is there was quite a vocal contingent of Kurt and Karofsky fans and this was even before the contrived "redemption of Dave Karofsky" arc began. I know because goodness knows I suffered through enough essay length posts at TWOP detailing all the apparent chemistry Chris and Max Adler supposedly oozed on screen and how their love story could be a powerful tale of redemption, etc. And best believe they were just as loud as other shippers. Hell even Ausiello from TV Line was hard on the bandwagon, using every single opportunity he could find, especially when interviewing any of the actors or writers, to talk about how there were "so many fans" who thought Kurt and Karofsky would be perfect together, how all of these people thought Karofksy was better for Kurt than Blaine and this was S3, long before the cheating arc.

I remember all his posts that his readers jumped to parrot about how Kurt and Blaine were boring and predictable but Kurt and Dave, well they were epic because it was so dramatic and intense, etc. So when I first heard about that Blaine and Karofsky shit, I thought it is just like those writers because again Ryan Murphy is petty and I can definitely see him going "but so many thought he was perfect for Kurt so what's wrong with Blaine dating him. You all said a person could change and he has and Kurt and Blaine broke up." And honestly it's not an unreasonable point particularly to some of the Kurt fans who were rooting for him and Karofsky because they hated Blaine. It is interesting if these are now some of the same people declaring Blaine the most awful human being for dating Karofsky when once upon a time they believed Kurt and Dave would have been an interesting romantic pairing. 

That being said, thankfully I hated the shipping of Karofsky and Kurt back then when it was happening because I hate and am beyond over victim/victimizer pairings on television. So I feel absolutely comfortable in hating this Blaine and Karofsky pairing just as much. In my opinion, the period on the Dave Karofsky storyline should have been placed a LONG  damn time ago. We didn't need to see him return creeping around Kurt in a bear suit, we didn't need to see his suicide attempt (a very cheap and manipulative ploy for ratings if ever there was one) and we damn sure don't need to see him with Blaine in this gross relationship. Oh let me rephrase all those and I state that I DIDN'T need to see those.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4

I don't think the writers put too much thought into this. They wanted to break up Kurt and Blaine so they can have them get back together again at the end, and they needed something for them to do in the mean time. They only know how to do romances and love triangles, so they had to pick two men for them that there was no way the audience was going to start rooting for and liking better than Klaine. So we get Dave with Blaine, because some people would like him with Kurt, but no one on earth wants those two together. For Kurt, a 50 yr old man with suitcases full of baggage who lied to him. No danger of new ships sailing here and stealing Klaines thunder. The problem is, will even the most steadfast Klaine fans still be aboard the ship when the reunion finally happens?

• Love 1
The problem is, will even the most steadfast Klaine fans still be aboard the ship when the reunion finally happens?

I think the answer to that is a resounding no. I mean I guess there will always be those 10 fans holding on no matter what. I mean hell, Chuck and Blair actually had people all happy and gushy about them ending up together and what a hot mess that was with his selling her for a hotel, her getting knocked up by someone else, his diddling Jenny, etc. But I digress. Honestly, considering there will barely be anyone even watching I don't know many people who will care about or be rooting for anything really. I think at best, some will just be glad if their favorite character got minimum damage in the character assassination train.

• Love 2

TBH the scenario reminds me of educational PSA driven films about the potential dangers of paedophile groomers on internet chat rooms. This 50 year old should be getting romantically involved with people his own age. The fact that he is targeting somebody Kurts age, and most chat room have age specific target demographics so he would have know roughly the age of the people that he was interacting with, is disturbing.

This exactly.

I wouldn't give a rat's ass about the big age gap (hey, it's a free world, so go for it if you want) if this possible relationship had started out as them 2 e.g. meeting casually in a bar and Kurt was completely willing to engage in a first social contact while knowing exactly what/who he was getting into (at least age wise) because they were face to face. But, unless it turns out completely different in the show, it clearly says in the spoilers we know now that Kurt freaks out when they meet, so he was not expecting a 50+ guy, not even a handsome 50+ guy who looks 40-ish.

This freaking out was after Kurt had at least 1 phonecall with the guy, and some other back and forth online messages before that. There’s no way that their ages would not have come up in e.g. that phone call: it’s really one of the very first things people ask in these situations, and Kurt is no fool. The 50+ guy therefore must either have lied about his age, or at the very least evaded the question or gave some vague "I'm a bit older than you" response.

Besides not revealing his true age (which I can sort of understand when the guy was aiming at possible partners of age 30-40) the 50+ guy  also must have figured out in their interactions online and on the phone that he was talking to a very young man in comparison with his own age (maybe Kurt even brought up his college), so for Kurt's sake he either should have backed off or simply prepared Kurt better for who he was dealing with and if he was okay with that and maybe they could just meet to chat over coffee, but nothing more.

I know blind dates are hard and people are vulnerable, so they tend to make themselves look better than they are online and/or might want to engage in every contact they can get, and there’s no real harm in that imo, but come on: this is simply too much to keep hidden or to not speak about before meeting in a situation like this. It’s not like the guy just used an old photo on his profile.

Hey, I'm a Kurt stan, and there's nothing I would want more than for Kurt to move on from Blaine, either ending up single at the end of season 6 or with someone else, anyone but Blaine (or Karofsky, lol, and just to make sure I better cancel out Sandy Ryerson as well, brrrr) imo. But not when a possible next relationship already starts with half truths and (white) lies, no matter how sweet and handsome the guy may be. To make this perfectly clear just to be sure: I don't really care about the age gap.

And actually I think there's some truth in that if the roles had been reversed (if Kurtofsky had happened and it was Blaine dating the 50+ guy) some fans (on both sides, mind you) would look at these things in a different way.

But I think this will turn out to be moot anyway, because this 50+ will most probably turn out to be nothing more than either 1) another roadblock for Klaine, 2) a Kurt suiter who is not a viable alternative for Blaine, 3) another mentor-like Klainer pushing Kurt back to Blaine, 4) a PSA to warn against online dating, and in all of these cases also: 5) a wet dream/fantasy of at least one of the writers.

Edited by Glorfindel
  • Love 2

TBH the scenario reminds me of educational PSA driven films

True, or some critically lauded Woody Allen movie.   FC, Blaine is having a relationship with the man who bullied and threatened to kill his ex love   But yeah, that's nothing compared to someone lying about their age.   Yup  that in magnitude trumps everything LOL.    Blaine cheats by fucking a random face book but I guess it's wasn't that bad because the random face book fuck didn't LIE about his age, OK.  Karofsky never lied about his age either  so I guess that makes what he did less egregious also.

How interesting that you should bring up Woody Allen in this scenario. That comparison only makes it creepier, if you ask me.

• Love 2

How interesting that you should bring up Woody Allen in this scenario. That comparison only makes it creepier, if you ask me.

Yes, a 50-something guy trying to hook up with Kurt is the moral equivalent of having an affair with your step kid.

For all we know Kurt accidentally hit the Oldies Looking For Twinks link on the online dating page and Mr. AARP thinks Kurt knows exactly what he's getting. Maybe it's all one big Three's Company mix up. That doesn't mean Kurt's not freaking out but maybe it's not because his online date is a lying liar who lies.

Yes, a 50-something guy trying to hook up with Kurt is the moral equivalent of having an affair with your step kid.

Did I say that anywhere? The Woody Allen movie example was brought up as a respectable example of a relationship shown like the one possibly happening between Kurt and the 50yo, I was merely pointing out that respectable is kind of relative in that case.

Did I miss the part when Kurt sleeps with the 50 year old guy?   I thought they just become friends?

Another reason to not be to ott about it.

Edited by tom87

It was suggested that Kurt meeting someone online who turns out to have misrepresented themselves was going to be played like an After School Special/Public Service Announcement warning against the evils of online dating. Or, I guess, it will play like a heavy-handed message film directed by Woody Allen.

I get that posters may be scandalized by Kurt dating a 50 year old, but to act like we're discussing what respectable choices Woody Allen has made in his personal life is really disingenuous.

If it was going to be a PSA why would her become friendlily with him?

No he would freak and run out and count his lucky stars it wasn't worse.

I think it is  merely a weak attempt to make every other man look bad in comparison to Blaine., i,e the Brody treatment.

An older man misrepresenting himself because he's new to the gay dating scene and Kurt deciding to befriend him once they talk it out is hardly setting him up to look bad IMO. It could wind up being a nice moment that shows Kurt's caring side, just like when he still had compassion for Karofsky and tried to help him.

JFC, Blaine is having a relationship with the man who bullied and threatened to kill his ex love   But yeah, that's nothing compared to someone lying about their age.   Yup  that in magnitude trumps everything LOL.    Blaine cheats by fucking a random face book but I guess it's wasn't that bad because the random face book fuck didn't LIE about his age, OK.  Karofsky never lied about his age either  so I guess that makes what he did less egregious also.

Of course the writers have fucked up  everything and thrown Blaine completely under the bus and run him over a few times with the Karofsky SL and other stuff.  It happens.  But a random character who probably won't appear past a five minute appearance is somehow much more horrible in order  to justify things for Blaine..LOL.  I know stans are pissed he's been slammed by the writers, as has Rachel, Will, etc,.. Alas blame the writers...

True, or some critically lauded Woody Allen movie.

If only that was what I actually said.

1) You continue to go about age and only age, and willingly disregard it's a lot more, it's the guy's whole identity. It places his motives and his integrity under a huge question, it's red flags from all directions. If you're ok with going on dates with and trusting such guys/gals from the internet, that's fine. I don't think it makes sense for the character and that's what's been my issue here all along. This character has been through lying situations already and I don't think he has been desensitized to them based on how he acted in the last part of S5. Maybe you have the opposite view of Kurt, and I wish you would concentrate on that instead of randomly going on tangents.  

2) That the guy lies about everything should tell Kurt he needs to head directly out of the door, as he did when his BF cheated on him. If you can't see the basic equivalence in behaviour and trustworthiness here, and still insist that this guy is OK and should be trusted just because we don't know if he hasn't yet fucked a facebook hookup (well, he's recently out and dating online, lemme think what the chances of that are) and because he's not called Blaine - nice one!

3) I brought Blaine up to show your double standard.The 50+ guy regardless of if he appears again or not, deserves the same level of judgment as Blaine does. It's not to minimize the level of judgment for Blaine, you purposefully misunderstand.

4) I'm a Kurt stan, I don't care about Blaine. But I care about the same level of judgment being accorded to the same type of trust-related behaviour like cheating, lying, misrepresenting, especially when affecting the character I stan for. As far as I know, Blaine didn't threaten Kurt's life, Karofsky did. This guy hasn't threatened his life either, so I don't judge him on the Karofsky level about calling the police, but on the Blaine level of heading out of the door and never coming back. Are we clear now?

4) A 50+ year old stranger from the internet who lies about himself (let me repeat if it hasn't sunk in yet, it's not only about the age) so that he hooks up with 20 year olds isn't a fucking random, and shouldn't be judged as harshly as Blaine for his lies? 

To anyone still thinking it's only about the age, refresh your memory:

"When Kurt finally meets his date, he realizes the man he had been talking to on the telephone is in his 50s, with kids, just out of a marriage to a woman [hence been in the closet all this time and potentially lying to his wife]." The bolded is all brand new information to Kurt. And he's after 20 year olds, since I doubt Kurt lied about himself, that makes it even skeevier.

I don't care that the guy will be presented as all sweetness and light, and that he pays attention to Kurt, and that Kurt decides to start as friends. But the intent will be that I should care about the guy and sympathize with him through Kurt. Kurt is dragged into this to serve a PSA on late in life comings out and be a poster boy for acceptance, not that it serves his character and makes sense for the story. It's basically the same they did in On My Way when they dragged him into the suicide story and made him feel guilty, and resort to the God Squad because it's so hard to remain an atheist at the hospital bed of your ex-bully - all for the purpose of sympathizing with his ex-bully and redeeming him for the 100-th time.

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

An older man misrepresenting himself because he's new to the gay dating scene and Kurt deciding to befriend him once they talk it out is hardly setting him up to look bad IMO. It could wind up being a nice moment that shows Kurt's caring side, just like when he still had compassion for Karofsky and tried to help him.

That is what it seems to be to me.    Kurt helping this guy and as I said a reminder to Kurt dating is hard and Blaine, blah,blah.

Does not seem like a PSA or  Kurt looking weak or foolish or anything like that.

Plus Kurt doesn't even have to be involved in the invitational stuff so in the end Kurt 1 and everyone else probably zero.

If you where a parent and your college aged kid called you to say that the friend that they met on the internet was actually 50 and had romantic intentions towards them, what would be your first reaction? I think that most would reach for their shot gun and run to the car.

• Love 1

I doubt Kurt's calling up Burt right away to tell him about this. But, knowing Burt, he'd probably be OK with it because Kurt can handle himself.

We're not talking reality here, we're talking Glee. I can easily see this scene being played as a nice, sympathetic moment and not a creepy "I need to take a thousand showers and then win back Blaine!" moment. We'll see how it actually plays when it actually airs.

I doubt Kurt's calling up Burt right away to tell him about this. But, knowing Burt, he'd probably be OK with it because Kurt can handle himself.

We're not talking reality here, we're talking Glee. I can easily see this scene being played as a nice, sympathetic moment and not a creepy "I need to take a thousand showers and then win back Blaine!" moment. We'll see how it actually plays when it actually airs.

Of course it will be a nice sympathetic moment, no doubt about it. So were many previous moments other people saw as problematic, and spent mountains of ink on them on TWOP and then here. That's why we're now at page 32, still here. I read daily (well, I exaggerate) rants by some people about the same thing over and over again, that's how it goes. 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

What is TWOP? I don't visit a lot of sites so I'm sadly misinformed about a lot of these fan based sites. Appreciate the assist with educating me! Thanks.

Edited by Ann Mack

And that's a problem because? People haven't made a big deal of other two-minute stuff here before?

Please  provide  a quote  to where  I said this was a problem?

Well I don't care about anything but Rachel and Sam.   He's far from reinventing the wheel character-wise but his Abs have always been the best on the show.   And if Rachel can't end up with Jesse St. James, than a lust connection with Sam is definitely acceptable.    Who in that club hasn't dated everyone and the only one's he slept with was Britany and maybe Santana.   Puck is much more 2nd hand.

Well from these spoilers no one fairs well. But since I am very much a Sam and Mercedes fan I'm glad that its a quick and hopefully end to all things EVER romantically thought of for Rachel and Sam. That stated its not even a romantic gesture on Sam's part but one induced by hypnosis I can't say that I am happy for Sue using Sam this way or even though I am not much of a Rachel fan I don't like how Sue is setting her up either, (she hasn't dated anyone since Finn's death). Sam still loves Mercedes hooray for that, but Sue is using him to pursue Rachel and she bites even though she's Mercedes friend and knows how much Mercedes still loves Sam. I don't think Rachel is really feeling something "real" for Sam but her needing to get back out there and Sam is a sweet guy and she knows this because she told Mercedes as much and she would feel some what comfortable venturing back into dating with a friend. I just honestly wished Sue would have not done it at all or that Rachel wouldn't have responded the way she did. But hey Sam may be pouring it on pretty thick. But I still don't think Rachel should have went down that path because all her support for Mercedes and Sam and their love from S5 is just shot to hell in one scene, but this is Glee. At least they did remember that Sam loves Mercedes and more importantly, they let him remember it too. Glee writers are on some pretty bad shrooms or something on this episode, I mean a worse batch of them from what they had while writing episodes 1-3. In some way I think this is Glee's attempt to say Rachel is ready to reenter the dating world, I just wish they would have thought of a better way to do it than abusing emotions and friendships.

For Kurt I just want him to be happy. I want judge because I know all this crack written script is about them both recognizing what they had and what they lost. If these 2 do not somehow end up together at the end of these 13 episodes I will be so surprised. I just don't like introducing unnecessary angst to try and build drama. I for one just wanted a 13 episode fade to black, lower the curtains, nostalgic, memorable final series that let each "original" character get closure in some sort of realistic way (I know its Glee) but instead with the exception right now of Quinn/Puck and Brittany/Santana the writers are ready to rain down holy stupidity on the rest of the cast. Well, waiting for spoilers for 6x05 so far I am 1/4 for watching thus far. Hopefully episodes 5-13 will be better.  

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 2

Considering that with a season of only 13 episodes, this puts us nearly a third of the way into the season and thus far, there has been very, very little that leaves me at all optimistic about any of this being watchable.

• Love 1

Yeah, seriously. I almost gave up after reading that Sue hypnotizes Sam--I mean, come on; so much for all the good work CC did in his script to "reset" Sam a bit--but there are only 13 episodes. How much worse could it get?! LOL

At this rate, I think the age requirement will be waived in Glee-world and Brittany will become the first female U.S. President by the series finale. Hey, it could happen!

• Love 1

Wouldn't you think with just 13 episodes left, they'd just concentrate on a kind of gentle, nostalgic, affectionate send-off?  There are enough characters already in existence that they could have a through-line with Rachel getting back on her feet, then concentrate on a few of the original characters in each episode that gives us a hint of where they're heading.  Unless every single characters' fictional future is just one trip home to Lima after another to do something idiotic with the high school glee club they were a part of for a couple of years... Oh, yeah, okay.  Never mind.

• Love 2

Yup, some are already assuming that it's some guy looking for sex trolling for young twinks and ensnaring Kurt in his cyber lair.

(Which so would be a PSA SL by Glee but that's another can of worms.)

So far we don't know how badly the guy misrepresented himself (or even Kurt for that matter) and what part of it was a misunderstanding.  As to recently out after being married with kids, I don't see the automatic assumption  leap that somehow he lied about that with Kurt as opposed to it is revealed  when they finally meet. So far from the spoilers it implies someone who was closeted most of his life now  finally branching out as a gay person and Kurt lends a sympathetic ear. 

I will say that while many view  a 50 year old dating a 20 year old as beyond  questionable, it does happen,  hell, some even get married and it amuses me that somehow it's viewed as impossible. The Woody Allen quip was done facetiously in part because in many of his movies a 50ish man hooking up with a 20ish woman is quite common, so the age itself is something that I don't think is always a narrative deal breaker.

My issues is with the assumption that the SL is automatically going to be set  up with something like: Older man posts on dating cite:   "Hot virile  20 something single  stud into sports and living la Vida Loca looking for similar match for hot sex and fun/fun/fun". I seriously doubt Kurt is running to older man's  apartment willing  to be pilfered with drugs, alcohol and whips and chains.  To assume the SL  Kurt saying  "50 not 20 like you said?  Oh it's doesn't matter you lied and lied and lied, Let's be friends and have hot sex eventually ", with somehow Kurt now completely OOC is just as much a projection at this point.

For all we know they talked on the phone and the man said. "Listen Kurt, I'm probably much older than you think", and Kurt was "Listen, I'm more mature than you think, let's meet at a restaurant and take it from there."  It would be like Kurt's character to think he wanted to meet an older  man (read  30's, early 40's) since younger guys have been a bust for him.  He wanted to represent himself as mature beyond his 20 years so he's willing to cut some slack for a 30's gay man.  Kurt ends up meeting  a man much older than even what he anticipated and freaks out.  The man, bracing for this says, "so sorry, didn't mean to scare you, it  just that you  seemed like such a nice guy, have a good life',  Kurt says, "wait, I'm sorry we can at least talk.."  

I'm not saying this is exactly how it  will play out, but it' s one possible way it could with the same spoilers without throwing Kurt under the bus.  So far, he's one of the few characters not run over 50 times, though I admit they can still  do it multiple times in these last 13 episodes.

Look, I don't know how much the man is going to misrepresent in his SL, but I just laugh at the assumption that he lied egregiously about everything in the most blatant/flagrant matter and that Kurt is totally good with that.   We don't know that yet, and yet we are suppose to automatically put this man on the level of the questionable actions of Blaine/Karofsky.

3) I brought Blaine up to show your double standard.The 50+ guy regardless of if he appears again or not, deserves the same level of judgment as Blaine does. It's not to minimize the level of judgment for Blaine, you purposefully misunderstand.

My issue is the assumption  the SL is going to be  that this 5 minute character is going to be shown as having completely reprehensible lying tactics with Kurt and that Kurt is fine with it.  It could happen or it couldn't, you're already waving the flag that it throws Kurt under the bus.

OTOH, Blaine did cheat by  fucking  a random facebook and he does get into a relationship with the man who bullied and threatened to kill his EX.  Those things do throw him under the bus separate  from how this 50's guy SL evolves.  So I guess we can both move on with "our double standards."

Edited by caracas1914

Ok ok I was wrong, things can definitely get worse. WTF are these writers thinking?

If Glee has taught me anything it's taught me that with these "writers" there is no limit to how bad they can make a storyline or to what depths they will descend to ruin a character. They constantly astonish me. Maybe they have contests as to who can do the most damage?

These latest spoilers are just so depressing as none of these plotlines will lead to a good ending for the show let alone a well developed satisfying closure in the very limited time frame they have.

• Love 1

Hey , at least Becky will get plenty of screen time.  Glee has it's priorities for a shortened season. 

Only Glee could have the smallest regular cast yet and still manage to reduce Kevin Mchale and Matt Morrison's screen time.  It's awe inspiring.

Edited by caracas1914

If Glee has taught me anything it's taught me that with these "writers" there is no limit to how bad they can make a storyline or to what depths they will descend to ruin a character. They constantly astonish me. Maybe they have contests as to who can do the most damage?

These latest spoilers are just so depressing as none of these plotlines will lead to a good ending for the show let alone a well developed satisfying closure in the very limited time frame they have.

It will be filler, filler, filler oops we better start wrapping things up we only have 4 episodes left.

And that's the saddest part really. It's not just that the storylines we're getting are garbage and don't really achieve anything (certainly not the "love for the school arts"), but it's the knowledge that they waste screentime and songs when there's only 13 episodes left to end the show.

We should be getting closure for the characters, see where they're heading in their lives (and that should not be Lima, Ohio for most of them). And with closure for the characters I do not mean almost all of them ending up with their high school sweethearts.

They should wrap up their stories with the history and progression these characters made on screen throughout the seasons. These characters all started more or less in glee club, and whether the writers botched it or not over the years, the kids (and teachers) grew and changed there, so I want to see how it influenced them where they are now, and that does not mean coming right back to where they started at the beginning of the last season, with half of them having dropped out of college and having no other prospects (in their minds) than stepping in the shoes of their former show choir teacher, who was clearly set up in the Pilot as being stuck in his old home town. That's not an (Oprah, lol) full circle moment, that's just awful.

The full circle moment should have come at the very end, in the last episode, at a McKinley reuinon or something, or okay: a darn, saccharine wedding. A lot of talking and sentiment about the old times, a few songs, and then they all should go back to wherever they are living and studying/working now.

• Love 1

They keep banging the drum about how glee changed these kids lives. Really? Yeah, they are all friends because of it but apart from Mike and possibly Puck they're all for me exactly where they would be in life without glee ever existing. Tina and Quinn were always gonna be Ivy League students, Rachel and Kurt would've always headed for New York, Sam and Brittany would've always been brainless losers, Mercedes would always been a singer, and I think glee held Santana back frankly, and possibly the same could be argued for Blaine.

• Love 1

They're way off any path they'd have been on without Glee making their lives awful. They're stuck back in Lima doing old dudes, total losers, and hypnotized into being interested in them types. It's a total mess up in there. Nobody is being served well here. It's still lay them low so it seems somewhat deserved when they bring them back up to ridiculous heights later. They'll still have rolled in mud and it won't make that better. It's also a completely gross final season I can't find any interest in watching. Who wants to see everything destroyed all season just so the last minutes of the show can be nice again? The watching part is the other 12 episodes of goatse stuff.

• Love 1

I so desperately want an explanation for how not just one show runner but a gaggle of them can be so egregiously tone deaf to what the general viewer would be interested in seeing.  How is it even possible?  I could understand if I felt like they had a vision and were simply hell bent on seeing their vision to fruition, but I have a hard time believing even TPTB want to see these stories play out.  And I get that you can't please everybody all the time, but to please nobody ever seems like such a stupid path to choose.

I'd settle for just a scorecard of who hates whom and how they're trying to sabotage and ruin one another through Glee story lines.  I'm a little Mrs. Kravitz-y that way. 

• Love 2

Glee was originally Ian Brennan's idea, right?  So one would think Ian would Know better but now his last script has Sue hypnotizing Sam to  set up he wooes and kisses Rachel.

WHAT...THE...FUCK..

The  hypnotized SL  was already  beyond old and dated when it was used in TV 30 plus years ago. "The Lucille Ball show"  used that shit.     I read somewhere that it was like a Scooby Doo cartoon and fuck if that doesn't fit to the tee. 

How could showrunners/writers churn out such crap with a straight face? 

Please  provide  a quote  to where  I said this was a problem?

If you as well as I and the rest here are on this forum, talking and being passionate (positive, negative and in-between) about a crappy has-been show, I don't see any reason to condescend about said passion. 

Look, I don't know how much the man is going to misrepresent in his SL, but I just laugh at the assumption that he lied egregiously about everything in the most blatant/flagrant matter and that Kurt is totally good with that.   We don't know that yet, and yet we are suppose to automatically put this man on the level of the questionable actions of Blaine/Karofsky.

My issue is the assumption  the SL is going to be  that this 5 minute character is going to be shown as having completely reprehensible lying tactics with Kurt and that Kurt is fine with it.  It could happen or it couldn't, you're already waving the flag that it throws Kurt under the bus.

OTOH, Blaine did cheat by  fucking  a random facebook and he does get into a relationship with the man who bullied and threatened to kill his EX.  Those things do throw him under the bus separate  from how this 50's guy SL evolves.  So I guess we can both move on with "our double standards."

We are not on TWOP any more to thread lightly around with none or just "light speculation". (I left when the spec thread was shut down there). Waiting to see it played out on screen isn't the purpose of a "spoilers and discussion" thread, at least how I see it. And I'm fairly certain of how the show will try to paint the situation from its ample record with problematic situations over 5 seasons. It will have layer upon layer of writer bullshit over it, so that we feel sorry and sympathize with that splendid individual or be glad that Kurt's made a mature friend. But if I want to swallow any and all writer bullshit, I'll be on tumblr with the writer stans instead. 

• Love 3

If you as well as I and the rest here are on this forum, talking and being passionate (positive, negative and in-between) about a crappy has-been show, I don't see any reason to condescend about said passion. 

Haha friend it was just a joke.   It wasn't meant any harm and it never implied people couldn't  discuss  what they wanted to or how they wanted to discuss it.. 

And I'm fairly certain of how the show will try to paint the situation from its ample record with problematic situations over 5 seasons.

It will have layer upon layer of writer bullshit over it, so that we feel sorry and sympathize with that splendid individual or be glad that Kurt's made a mature friend. But if I want to swallow any and all writer bullshit, I'll be on tumblr with the writer stans instead.

No problem!  I love debating if you haven't noticed.    ;)    I think we agree it will be crap, we just differ on the details....LOL

Only Glee could have the smallest regular cast yet and still manage to reduce Kevin Mchale and Matt Morrison's screen time.  It's awe inspiring.

The reducing Artie's screen time is really perplexing to me.  I don't like it but with Matt at least it is part of a pattern where they simply refuse to focus on the "adults'" stories.  With Artie, he is one of the "kids" and frankly he is the most diverse male singer in the cast so he should be all over the place.  Not to mention Artie doing a documentary about three former teammates competing against each other would be the easiest way to tie all three narratives together.  

The reducing Artie's screen time is really perplexing to me.  I don't like it but with Matt at least it is part of a pattern where they simply refuse to focus on the "adults'" stories.  With Artie, he is one of the "kids" and frankly he is the most diverse male singer in the cast so he should be all over the place.  Not to mention Artie doing a documentary about three former teammates competing against each other would be the easiest way to tie all three narratives together.  

Why they refuse to have Artie's friends be the subject of his films is odd.   Rachel would be all over that.