Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

It made no sense otherwise tbh.    More and more that group song seems to be out of context.     Still annoyed  the last song may be some song written  last minute by Criss/Ander  group number though.

Glee does cover of songs that are familial part of the reason the show even worked as a musical in the first place.  

• Love 1

I'm letting logic apply again which I know is a mistake when discussing Glee but here goes. If the Dalton Academy burned downed then why wouldn't the guys just join their sister school and still perform as a part of Dalton. They introduced the school I think in the 2nd season when Blaine was testing out a song on them. So again not really understanding why they would join with New Direction and not their own. It's not like they lost members of their choir just the school. Which in itself is just dumb. But I guess it gives them more reason to have Blaine in more episodes and at WMHS, also it might for the time being stop any discussion about whether he will be returning to NY or not for awhile.

Burning down the school is about as dumb as the whole Rachel and Sam debacle IMO. What the hell were these writers smoking, snorting, or popping in that damn writers room. Truly SMH in disgust and embarrassment for them and the damn cast. But at least what they are losing in reputation they are getting compensated with in pay (wonder how many are thinking they are NOT getting paid enough for this crap).

• Love 1

It seems Matt Morrison sang a song "Teach you Children" that was the last scene/number filmed, not necessarily the last song on the show.

As to the big group numnber involving everyone, it may or may not be the Anders/Criss penned number. One of the costume people said they heard the last number on the radio driving home. That implies another cover.

Some are speculating the Anders/Criss number may be a future ND group number.

Who knows??

The Rise and Fall of Sue Sylvester song list.

Rather Be (Glee Cast Version)
The Trolley Song (Glee Cast Version)
Far From Over (Glee Cast Version)
The Final Countdown (Glee Cast Version)
Rise (Glee Cast Version)

source: http://fyeahgleeclub.tumblr.com/post/111995103441/glee-the-music-the-rise-and-fall-of-sue

Horrible (imo) except the Trolley song which will probably be Sue and her mom.  Meh.

VA aka Max George gets yet another song in this one supposedly.

Edited by tom87

VA aka Max George gets yet another song in this one supposedly.

Why is Max George getting so many songs?!  He's not even good.  I mean I'd almost forgive VA getting so many songs if it were someone like Groff, but seriously why?

• Love 2

Why is Max George getting so many songs?! He's not even good. I mean I'd almost forgive VA getting so many songs if it were someone like Groff, but seriously why?

Ugh, I do not know why they cast Max George. There are way better singers/actors in my citiy's amateur theater group.

Plus I' m still angry that Groff only got to sing one duet since season 1 of Glee ended.

Edited by Casual Viewing
  • Love 1

I'm sure there are behind the scenes valid reasons for so much Max George singing this year.

I know there maybe  reasons but are they really valid? :)     They never even promoted him as a guest star so it might as well have been just any random actor. 

Edited by tom87

http://fyeahgleeclub.tumblr.com/post/112054566776/glee-the-music-the-rise-and-fall-of-sue

Glee: The Music, The Rise and Fall of Sue Sylvester [PREVIEWS]

Rather Be (Glee Cast Version)  ND group
        The Trolley Song (Glee Cast Version) - Sue and Mom
        Far From Over (Glee Cast Version) - VA
        The Final Countdown (Glee Cast Version) - VA and Sue
        Rise (Glee Cast Version) [Composed by Darren Criss] - Group

whole Rise - http://dcriss-newsandgifs.tumblr.com/post/112055189192/rise-composed-by-darren-criss

whole Rather be - http://fyeahgleeclub.tumblr.com/post/112056910176/rather-be-glee-cast-version

Final countdown - http://ifyouwannaviewparadise.tumblr.com/post/112056634565

Far from over - http://ifyouwannaviewparadise.tumblr.com/post/112056536180/full-song

So VA 2 more songs, 2 Sue songs.   And a kind of cliche original.  Rise above the ashes cause Dalton burns down??

Seems Max George with end the season with up to 7 solos and this Sue/VA song.  Unless Rachel or Roderick get 5 more solos which does not seem to be the case he will have the most for the season. .

Max George could have more than Kurt, Will, Sam, Blaine and Artie combined.

Last thing, why?

Edited by tom87

Wait so is the Darren song this one then not the finale? I hope so.

Also WTF are there so many VA and Sue songs this season? I'm not one to complain about song distribution but you have 13 episodes to finish and you waste it on this? Nothing against Jane but I haven't cared about Sue since like Season 1. And even when I like Sue I'm not clamoring for her to sing more.

• Love 1

Also WTF are there so many VA and Sue songs this season? I'm not one to complain about song distribution but you have 13 episodes to finish and you waste it on this? Nothing against Jane but I haven't cared about Sue since like Season 1. And even when I like Sue I'm not clamoring for her to sing more.

Isn't that now 7 or 8 songs VA will get? They had what 5? In season 1, which worked because they were integral to NDs storyline. And honestly in season 1 they were good when they weren't destroying Queen. They didn't even feel necessary this season when Will was there, now it's just annoying. 

• Love 1

I don't know if it's the quality of the upload of the two songs linked above, but only Samantha (the Jane actress) sounds any good. 

Rise sounds fine for a group song, but feels like I have heard it dozens of times before, formulaic anthemic type. Still, good for Darren there.

Edited by fakeempress

I don't know if it's the quality of the upload of the two songs linked above, but only Samantha (the Jane actress) sounds any good. 

I thought Becca sounded great. 

The guys would need to learn to sing to sound any good. Autotune can only do so much. 

Rise sounds fine for a group song, but feels like I have heard it dozens of times before, formulaic anthemic type. Still, good for Darren there.

ITA Becca should either dance or sway in the background. I just don't understand why they are giving her so much to sing this season. I'd rather they hadn't!

ITA Becca should either dance or sway in the background. I just don't understand why they are giving her so much to sing this season. I'd rather they hadn't!

I must be watching a different show. The only song she's sung this season was 'It Must've Been Love' which was ruined by the voice of the asshole jock. She literally hasn't sung anything else until now. 

They haven't even had her dance, which is ridiculous. She just there as Rachel's cheerleader, which is gross. 

I just want to launch an official song distribution complaint to TPTB. WTH have they been thinking all season long. Even the music this final season has been mostly sucking because IMO they have been giving them to all the wrong voices. They are leaving on the daily very little if anything to be happy or content about in this final season again IMO!

I must be watching a different show. The only song she's sung this season was 'It Must've Been Love' which was ruined by the voice of the asshole jock. She literally hasn't sung anything else until now. 

They haven't even had her dance, which is ridiculous. She just there as Rachel's cheerleader, which is gross. 

I'm sure its the same show that you are watching and I'm only listening to the songs from with that said I wouldn't even have given her that. I don't have as much as an abrasive attitude toward the male singers as you do. For the most part very few of the songs that have been performed this season were that great whether its been a jock or a struggling cheerio singing them IMO.

Edited by Ann Mack

I'm sure we are watching the same show but I wouldn't even have given her that. I don't have as much as an abrasive attitude toward the male singers as you do. For the most part very few of the songs that have been performed this season were that great whether its been a jock or a struggling cheerio singing them IMO.

Nope those boys have ruined every single song they've gone near, not a single one has escaped so far. But we know this show and it's worshipping of masculine white men.  

You may not like Becca's voice but I love it. Everybody Talks is one of the highlights of season 4. 

Becca hasn't sung that much but what she has sung she has been not good on and that includes the new songs.  To me her voice is as weaker or weaker than Heather's.  She is a fabulous dancer, though, and they aren't showcasing that at all.  I think that is for a couple of reasons.  One - with a tighter budget choreography seems to be one thing they completely skimped on and two - none of the newbies can really dance so letting Becca loose would highlight that all the more.  I  assume these two group songs will just be more swaying.  Who knew that some of the terrible dance routines from seasons 1-3 (which were obviously choreographed around Lea's and Cory's weaknesses) could actually be considered the glory days.

On the other hand the girl who plays Jane is a fabulous singer and she has hardly sung compared to Roderick and Spencer.  What makes that even more stupid is the whole reason she came to ND is so she would get a chance in the spotlight.

Edited by camussie

Becca sounds like a classically trained singer next to Heather. 

I agree about Jane. Sammie Ware is amazing, I think she's one of the best singers that been on this show, and she's sidelined for Otis and the jock. What's that all about?

Becca's voice does nothing for me. Add me to the "let her either dance or sway in the background" column. 

For the most part very few of the songs that have been performed this season were that great whether its been a jock or a struggling cheerio singing them IMO.

So Much THIS. ITA.

I find Becca's voice a little too harsh, though she sings well enough. Same issue I have with Hayden P singing in Nashville. I can appreciate she's better than Connie Britton, but I like listening to Connier more.

Re: Jane, her move to ND was also so that she wouldn't be resented for having shoved her way in, so she's achieved 50% of her goal. 

I hope so, because I really would like for the one thing (okay two things, bc I love Groffles) I'm looking forward to in the finale to be untainted by some original song by questionable songwriters.

Yeah, I'm got be a terrible TV watcher (if good fan) and say that if they land St. Berry, I'll be happy. That's all I'm hoping for at this stage. 

Isn't that now 7 or 8 songs VA will get? They had what 5? In season 1, which worked because they were integral to NDs storyline. And honestly in season 1 they were good when they weren't destroying Queen. They didn't even feel necessary this season when Will was there, now it's just annoying. 

Yeah, Though I will say Bohemian Rhapsody was, IMO, the best VA have ever been, and one of the best the show has done in 6? years. 

• Love 1

Wait so is the Darren song this one then not the finale? I hope so.

The band girl who originally spoiled a Darren song said it's in the finale though. So she's either wrong, or Darren has now written two original songs for Glee.

http://fyeahgleeclub.tumblr.com/post/112054566776/glee-the-music-the-rise-and-fall-of-sue

Glee: The Music, The Rise and Fall of Sue Sylvester [PREVIEWS]

Rather Be (Glee Cast Version) ND group

The Trolley Song (Glee Cast Version) - Sue and Mom

Far From Over (Glee Cast Version) - VA

The Final Countdown (Glee Cast Version) - VA and Sue

Rise (Glee Cast Version) [Composed by Darren Criss] - Group

whole Rise - http://dcriss-

.tumblr.com/post/112055189192/rise-composed-by-darren-criss

whole Rather be - http://fyeahgleeclub.tumblr.com/post/112056910176/rather-be-glee-cast-version

Final countdown -

http://ifyouwannaviewparadise.tumblr.com/post/112056634565

Far from over - http://ifyouwannaviewparadise.tumblr.com/post/112056536180/full-song

So VA 2 more songs, 2 Sue songs. And a kind of cliche original. Rise above the ashes cause Dalton burns down??

Seems Max George with end the season with up to 7 solos and this Sue/VA song. Unless Rachel or Roderick get 5 more solos which does not seem to be the case he will have the most for the season. .

Max George could have more than Kurt, Will, Sam, Blaine and Artie combined.

Last thing, why?

The main male voice on " Final Countdown" is actually Will.

I find Becca's voice a little too harsh, though she sings well enough. Same issue I have with Hayden P singing in Nashville. I can appreciate she's better than Connie Britton, but I like listening to Connier more.

Re: Jane, her move to ND was also so that she wouldn't be resented for having shoved her way in, so she's achieved 50% of her goal. 

I get Becca's not the best singer in the world, but the feeling she gives makes it so much better than singers who hit the notes but bring nothing else.

Jane is one of Glee's mysteries. What was the point in the her storyline?

• Love 1

I hope that this is the only original song. While it's not a terrible song, I agree it sounds a bit generic. I'd still take it over most of the original songs Glee has done though.

The only one I was even interested in listening to was Rather Be, and as soon as I heard the first few notes sing, I realized I'd rather listen to the original. Not bad, but nothing special.

I got through a few notes of Sue singing before I said "Stoooooooop I don't care about Sue or her singing."

Ok I listened to more than a few seconds of Rather Be. Samantha Ware is the only one who sounds good on this one. I don't hate Becca's voice but this one does not work for her (and really not for any of the guys and I like Noah's voice but not for this one).

• Love 1

I hope that this is the only original song. While it's not a terrible song, I agree it sounds a bit generic. I'd still take it over most of the original songs Glee has done though.

The only one I was even interested in listening to was Rather Be, and as soon as I heard the first few notes sing, I realized I'd rather listen to the original. Not bad, but nothing special.

I got through a few notes of Sue singing before I said "Stoooooooop I don't care about Sue or her singing."

DarrenCrissNews confirmed that Darren has an original song in the finale too.

Jarett WieselmanVerified account‏@JarettSays

#Glee series finale skips 5 years into the future & the whole cast performs "I Lived" by One Republic, per Jane Lynch

PRAISE. I'm so glad the big cast song isn't the Darren one. 

• Love 1

I never thought it would be. As I said before the only "proof" that it was, were people wearing Chris' hats in an instagram.  As for which song is Darren's/Anders', I still think it is what future New Directions sings.

As for "I Lived" being the last song, it is fine, but I wish they had done something older to honor Glee's classic rock start.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 3

The music this season is has been a mess. This really indicates show runners who really stopped giving a fuck a long time ago, or who just don't have a clue.

Another VA song? Seriously? I'm wondering what kind of a development deal that guy who's the soloist has with FOX because there is no justification for him to get this many songs when there are regulars who've barely gotten a fraction of what he's done so far. The overload is really telling when we've got members of ND that have barely gotten to sing this season.

I love Sue and I love Jane but enough... she's gotten a solo and multiple duets this season and it's just too much. Especially when Matt has been pretty silent for the majority of the season. The Trolly Song is a waste, but I have to admit that I'm going to love Final Countdown. It's an old guilty pleasure and the cheese factor really gets played up here. Along with great vocals from Matt.

No Kurt... again. *sigh* I don't know why I bother to get my hopes up any more.

As for Darren's song... I'm really going to try to be fair here. It's okay. But just okay. It's very amateurish with the overdone arrangements and the lyrics are pretty cliché ridden and generic. He squeezed in every empowerment trope that Lea missed in Cannonball. It's not a bad amateur effort, but it's clearly not a song written by a professional. Darren has a long way to go before he's giving John Legend and Bruno Mars any competition.

As for the performance itself... it's very, very muddled. It's too many voices singing too loudly and quickly that just turn the number into a blur set to music. I don't know if this is due to the music that Darren scored for the song or the production, but it didn't elevate his song in the least. I think that a stripped down version with fewer voices would have worked better (and maybe slowing it down a bit), but squeezing in every singer in ND and the Warblers just created a wall of noise (instead of a wall of sound).

I love Sue and I love Jane but enough... she's gotten a solo and multiple duets this season and it's just too much.

I still think one of the few things Fox insisted on this season was that Sue be featured a heck of a lot.  Maybe her and Max George.  Or maybe RM & team have just taken a liking to Max George.  Still i would bet my right arm the heavy focus on Sue is something Fox pushed for.  

I still think one of the few things Fox insisted on this season was that Sue be featured a heck of a lot.  Maybe her and Max George.  Or maybe RM & team have just taken a liking to Max George.  Still i would bet my right arm the heavy focus on Sue is something Fox pushed for.

I'll bet Fox didn't insist on Jane singing, lots.

Talentless pretty boy being over promoted sounds like RM rather than Fox.

• Love 1

I'd rather listen to Becca or Heather or New Roderick Guy or anyone who is an actual member of New Directions sing than Sue or random VA songs or child stars or whoever. It's absolutely ridiculous that in your final 13 episodes you'd give 7 solos to some random guest star with no actual story and not to your main characters. It's ridiculous that each of the Originals and Blam wouldn't get a solo. 

Edited by shantown
  • Love 6