Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Speculation WITH Spoilers (US)

(edited)

Ah, finally! Thank you for the new thread! I've been waiting for it.

So what do we know so far?

1. Matthew Goode will return. We know he is in London at the moment, which could mean he's filming. We know for sure that he will move to London permanently again in April.

2. Anthony Hopkins might appear in a guest role. Leslie Nichols tweeted a picture of her and Anthony Hopkins in costume from the studios in Ealing. "Mrs Patmore" was in "fine clothing" so it looked as if it was a scene for some celebration? Maybe the Carson/Hughes wedding? Mr. Hopkins looked a bit disshevelled with his bow tie slightly crooked. So maybe he's a guest and parties a bit too much?

3. Julian Ovenden will not return. He has said in an interview this week that he will not return for series 6.

4. We can be very sure that Allen Leech will return, but we're not sure yet when. He did an AMA though a few days ago and wrote into his profile "I've got two scripts from the next season". Since Leslie Nichols said they got 5 scripts so far, we can assume that Tom might come back in episode 4. It would also match with Allen's return from his promo tour for "The Imitation Game" just in time for the second day of the read through for Downton.

4. We know they will film in Lacock in March. Lacock Abbey was the house of the Talbot family which could be a coincidence or it could be related to the character of Matthew Goode.

Edited by Andorra
  • Love 3
(edited)

http://kateinbrockley.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/interview-julian-ovenden.html

However, if his fans are hoping for his re-appearance as Charles Blake in the next series of Downton Abbey they will be disappointed.
“It was great to be part of the show but I think the time has come for me to leave the character behind,” he says.
“It was a great experience but I like to be in the centre of things so I’m now after bigger roles!”

Edited by Andorra
2. Anthony Hopkins might appear in a guest role. Leslie Nichols tweeted a picture of her and Anthony Hopkins in costume from the studios in Ealing. "Mrs Patmore" was in "fine clothing" so it looked as if it was a scene for some celebration? Maybe the Carson/Hughes wedding? Mr. Hopkins looked a bit disshevelled with his bow tie slightly crooked. So maybe he's a guest and parties a bit too much?

Upstairs has gotten the big guest stars, it would be nice if downstairs got Hopkins this season.

(edited)

I can't tell if this is a spoiler or another one of those "Good heavens, how is Downton still on, Violet is SO OLD" articles. She sounds pretty definitive that she thinks season 6 is it for her and pretty much the show:

http://www.digitalspy.com/british-tv/s183/downton-abbey/news/a632293/maggie-smith-on-downton-abbey-series-6-could-be-the-last-one.html#~p5JczL6DmKOgtI

Come to think of it, other than some vague interview I heard about Fellowes making possible allusions to "next season" (which could be 6 or 7), I don't see how the show continues past season 6:

-Julian Fellowes will be writing "The Gilded Age" next season for NBC.

-Julian Fellowes has expressed absolutely no interest in "giving up" the Downton characters for someone else to write.

-Maggie Smith says she's leaving at the end of season 6.

-All the actors' contracts are up at the end of season 6.

-Matthew Goode. I can more easily see him agreeing to do the triumphant final season of Downton rather than being Mary's boytoy for two seasons until they finally get married.

-The Daily Mirror (not a great source, but still a source) reported Downton is ending in season 6.

-Kind of silly, but Joanne Frogatt, who has been very loyal to Downton, is reportedly moving to L.A. in the summer. Would she do that if the show wasn't ending?

Quite frankly, I don't see what all the secrecy is -- unless they want to play coy until the press launch in August and triumphantly declare "the sixth and final season of Downton." But over on this side of the pond, shows typically embrace and celebrate their final seasons (which generally leads to increased ratings). Unless there's still some heavy-duty negotiating going on, because I'm sure ITV is absolutely beside themselves to potentially be losing the show.

But I always believed Fellowes would take his ball and go home when he got tired of it. They'll pry this show out of his cold, dead fingers. To me, season 6 sounds like the last one.

Edited by Eolivet

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more than six seasons even if it's in a somewhat rebooted capacity (which isn't my preference just to be clear) but I understand why others feel differently. 

If JF can be convinced to share duties have final approval or whatever I don't see why the show couldn't stretch on to seven or eight seasons since there is plenty of storyline potential when I think of the historical events that are coming up. Upstairs Downstairs was a well written show (usually) and they had way more episodes per season than Downton. It isn't impossible it just depends on the writing and actor availability. 

(edited)

IMHO, the characters in Upstairs/Downstairs were much more fully developed and interesting ... from the very first episodes ... and it was not in "plots" or "storylines" so much as details and acting ... Mr. Hudson is a very good example -- he was many things -- vain and pompous and proud, stubborn Scotsman, bigoted and poorly educated. At times, his naivete maintained by his closed existence made me wonder how bright he was. While he was proud to work for a family who had titled guests and big-name politicians, but I never felt that he "worshiped" Mr. or Mrs. Bellamy. In comparison Carson seems to have two speeds, being manipulated versus being pompous and "proud" keeper of standards. One thing that's very different also is that on U/D everyone downstairs knew and cared about each other, even if they didn't always like each other. Upstairs people went through the motions of propriety and really didn't question their roles or relationships. The entire show was not remotely about everyone upstairs or downstairs finding their perfect love. Mr. Bellamy genuinely appreciated his wife who was, after all, a remarkable woman -- and she did things, had friends, had projects and causes. Yes, he was in parliament and they were in London, however Cora , like Mary need not be friendless and without hobbies. Mary's equestrian skills two episodes back made me realize that she could and should have been shown as an avid rider. How much better, a notoriously fiercely competitive rider ... yes, that would have been a good flourish ... 

Edited by SusanSunflower
  • Love 4

I'm calling it now.  This whole thing with Greene's murder was a set-up by Bates' old prison guard and cellmate, plus the lady who had evidence that he didn't do it, out of revenge.

It won't work and Anna will be acquitted, resulting in an Assault on Precinct 13-esque standoff on the ground of Downton, where Bates shows that, despite his limp, has action hero combat abilities.  This will also prove, once and for all, that he couldn't have murdered his first wife or Mr. Greene because why be subtle?

• Love 1

Julian Fellows has said repeatedly that they would announce that it is the last series, before they start airing.

Some actors have said they think series 6 might be the end, others have said they hope for 7 series. We'll know in the summer.

"Daisy" Sophie McShera has given a minor spoiler. She says that they're doing "a lot of dancing" right now while filming. This along with the picture of "Mrs Patmore" and Anthony Hopkins in "fine clothes" makes me think they're doing some celebration. The Carson/Hughes wedding perhaps?

(edited)

Perhaps in Season 6 we'll find out that Mary knew about Marigold all along, or at least from the point that Edith "disappeared" to London.

Edith can say that Mary isn't interested in her, but Mary's still interested enough to make pointless swipes at Edith that come out of nowhere.  That doesn't speak "not interested" to me.  Given the animosity between the two of them, given that Edith went away to Switzerland for a period of time, and given that Edith since showed an unusual interest in some "random" baby girl, Mary's catty enough to think the worst of Edith.

ETA more speculation:

Mary weds Talbot, who promptly dies in a tragic horse riding accident

Edited by Constantinople
  • Love 2
(edited)

Edith can say that Mary isn't interested in her, but Mary's still interested enough to make pointless swipes at Edith that come out of nowhere.

I don't feel like the swipes came out of nowhere this past episode. Edith flat out told Mary in front of Tom and Rose that everyone else was getting on with their lives with the exception of Mary and seemed amused by it. I got the impression that this is what Mary was upset about. It was only after Edith's comment that Mary made the comment about being left alone with Edith that has received so much attention. 

Thankfully it looks as though both Edith and Mary have love interests on the horizon for season 6 so I don't think they'll be sniping at each other as much next season.

Regarding season 6 and Henry Talbot, I will love Julian Fellowes forever if he finds a way to make a reference to the Talbot-Careys thus connecting Downton with Upstairs Downstairs.

Regarding the General Strike as I'm almost certain it's going to come up--

Does anyone have any thoughts as to the jobs the upstairs characters might take? Will Edith be a bus or taxi driver for a time? Will Robert try to be a police officer? Mary a ticket collector? Will they just ignore it or only talk about it? Will the servants take part at all? Will Tom?

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 1

- I think that the secret about Marigold its going to be main theme in the 1 - 2 episodes, but having in consideration that Mary is the "heroine" of Fellowes, the plot its going to be about how awfull was Edith and the rest of the family for no telling her and making fell alone in the family.

-The agent that Edith knew in Brancaster is going to be the new agent in Downton and start with Edith some sort of relation (with all the "problems" that the origins of Marigold can cause).

-Violet dies, maybe before of the deth Isobel moves to her house to take care of her and because she want to be with her friend.

-Talbot also come back and we start again with the "plot of the suitors", its could be interesting that they gave more information about Talbot, maybe he comes from a poor family and its a self made man and that its a problem for Mary. 

-Some sort of love triangle betwen Daisy-Thomas-Andy.

-I dont care about the bates, maybe they feel that they have cause to much problmes to the Crawlyes and decided to move out, and run their small hotel with their first son.

I am assuming that Mary's beginning to explain how Matthew died without getting to finish her statement is going to be important next series.  I can imagine their being a couple when he invites her to watch him race.  She sees him crash and cannot handle the thought of losing another loved one.  He doesn't want to give up racing, she doesn't want him to race.  Drama and angst ensue.

Of course, this can only happen if Julian can figure out a way to write it in which Mary never actually has to reference Matthew by name.

• Love 2

I wonder how much of a time jump there will be for season 6.  I would really like the same little girl to play Sybbie and that wouldn't be possible if the time jump is too great.

I'm also curious as to why Tom returns - whether it is for just a visit or if he comes back to stay.  It would be too short of a time for him to make his fame/fortune but I don't see him coming back as a failure.  So it may be something serious like an illness/death that prompts him to return.

I think I have read Maggie Smith referencing the late 1920s, and elsewhere I have read a four-year time jump, so if true, that would preclude the little Sybbie actress returning.  I guess I would be all right with Tom returning a few years later, but then again, why all the protracted hooha of him leaving in the first place?  That is kind of lame to me.  I think a four- or five- year time jump would be problematic in a lot of ways -- would Mary be already married to Henry, ditto Edith and the estate guy.  Why bother to introduce either of those guys if they aren't going to be on the scene when next we meet.

(edited)

I don't think there will be a big time jump. In his first interview Julian Fellows said that he was looking forward to see the Charleston come to Downton "if we move the show into 1926".

That would mean one year time jump. It would still be possible to use Fifi Hart then as Sybbie, because she was half a year too old to play Sybbie last year. This year she would be half a year too young if they did a year time jump. I don't think that would be a problem.

I think one year would make sense. They usually cover two years in one season, but this year they only covered one year. So if they now started in the spring of 1926, they would move to the year of the big General Strike in England. I think that would be an interesting historical background. Also it was the year of the Charleston (as Julian Fellows said) and it would give Tom 1.5 years to be in America.

Allen Leech said in that AMA a few days ago that he has "two scripts of the next season". If that was the truth, it would mean he will return in episode 4, because we know the actors got 5 scripts before the reading. It would also match with his return fom LA. He came home on Monday February 2nd just in time for the second day of the reading which took place on Tuesday the 3rd.

Downton never has a problem with time jumps. All stories continue as if nothing happened. So we would probably hear in episode 1 that Mr. Carson and Mrs Hughes had decided to postpone the wedding until they retire or for some other reason. And then the storyline would continue.

The same goes for Anna/Bates. We would just find out that the Greene case is still unresolved and everything would proceed as if no time had passed.

I think Tom will come back, because it will turn out that Robert's ulcer is not just an ulcer and he will  get seriously ill. If series 6 will be the last series, I'm sure we will see Robert die and Mary take over the responsibility for Downton. I can imagine Robert wanting to see Sybbie again before he dies.

Edited by Andorra

Predictions:

Anna will be pregnant and then the cops will return and it'll add to the angst.

A new dog.

Obviously more Matthew Goode.  Mary has to chase him instead of him chasing her.  They will continue to pretend Matthew didn't die in a car accident. I don't know about the Estate Agent guy, but it would be nice for Edith to move on.

More Baxter/Mosley stuff, though now Mrs. Hughes and Carson have overshadowed that.  Double servant wedding?

Something involving Daisy's endless indecision, with the possibilities that occur to me being: Mr. Mason dies, Mrs. Patmore dies, Mrs. Patmore retires, Daisy gets offered a cook position elsewhere.  Something, I'm sure.

Tom returns with an American wife.

If it is the last series, I could see Robert dying. 

Never gonna happen, but If Fellowes wanted to keep DA running for another half-decade, the bold move would be to do a big time jump -- say 10+ years and start next season full of suprises -- with Mary and/or Edith married, with more children 6 and 7 year "younger" children playing with the teenaged Sybbie, and George and Marigold ... with -- let's see, Violet, Robert and probably Isobel all dead -- with Cora sitting in Violet's place at dinner and probably living in the Dower House, etc. It's going to be very hard work to re-invigorate these present characters so they again become must-see-Tee-Vee. I suspect it would have been leaked if they were going "bold" ... but another "saying goodbye" season is likely to wear out its welcome quickly and be deadly dull. (Not terminal illnesses, please!! Too many of us have been or are living with that through that IRL) 

• Love 2

Never gonna happen, but If Fellowes wanted to keep DA running for another half-decade, the bold move would be to do a big time jump -- say 10+ years and start next season full of suprises -- with Mary and/or Edith married, with more children 6 and 7 year "younger" children playing with the teenaged Sybbie, and George and Marigold ... with -- let's see, Violet, Robert and probably Isobel all dead -- with Cora sitting in Violet's place at dinner and probably living in the Dower House, etc. It's going to be very hard work to re-invigorate these present characters so they again become must-see-Tee-Vee. I suspect it would have been leaked if they were going "bold" ... but another "saying goodbye" season is likely to wear out its welcome quickly and be deadly dull. (Not terminal illnesses, please!! Too many of us have been or are living with that through that IRL) 

Teenage George would be away at boarding school and possibly a teen Sybbie and Marigold as well (this was the generation where transition began - some girls were still taught at home while others went to school), so there would be no kids.  Anyway, I really doubt this would happen.

I don't get all this secrecy as to whether or not Allen Leech will be back.  In a recent interview I read, Sophie (Daisy) - Can't remember her last name - was asked if Tom Branson was back and she said she couldn't say.

If he has really left the show I would think there would be some interviews with him asking why he left.  But I don't think there's been anything like that.

I would think that there is no way to keep it absolutely secret if he is back - someone is going to see them filming.  In the pictures from when the wife of the President of Mexico recently visited the set, there is a man at the end (beside Cora I think) that was cut out - you can only see his foot and part of leg.  Could this be him?

Just because we know he's back doesn't give away his story line - if that is the motivation for the secrecy - in fact I think it would make it more interesting to the audience wondering why he's back, for how long, etc.

I hate this secrecy and I don't get it either. What would it give away if they said he will be back? They don't have to say how soon!

I'm actually nearly ready to give up on the show just because of this. I really don't want to get my hopes up and then get them crashed when the sereis starts.

Maybe I will just stop wondering and posting about the show and then wait until it has aired completely and binge watch it after I will have read spoilers.

It takes all enjoyment out of the show for me not to know if Tom will be in it or not.

I agree. This is classic Downton -- withholding actor whereabouts spoilers so as not to spoil a "plot." I get the last couple times they did that (when a death was involved), but I believe they are mistaken if they think dragging out Tom's whereabouts will gain them viewers. Even if he's going to come back with a new wife in tow or something, there's a way to have the audience be surprised at some things, but not others.

It strikes me as trying to get cute with the audience, and this is not the audience with which to get cute. Not with this show's reputation for "surprise" cast member departures. Badly done, Downton -- badly done.

"It is strange not being part of the Downton crew anymore," Allen said. "Especially this week with Kate Middleton visiting the set. But there are some interesting things coming down the track, so I'm happy out."

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/rugger-buggers-and-royalty-at-cheltenham-31061602.html

Ok, Finally a real word even though it's not what I wanted to hear. But now I can stop wasting my time hoping and will leave Downton Abbey behind. Goodbye all fellow posters. I had much fun here and with the show and it's sad I leave it with such a huge feeling of disappointment.

Edited by Andorra

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/rugger-buggers-and-royalty-at-cheltenham-31061602.html

Ok, Finally a real word even though it's not what I wanted to hear. But now I can stop wasting my time hoping and will leave Downton Abbey behind. Goodbye all fellow posters. I had much fun here and with the show and it's sad I leave it with such a huge feeling of disappointment.

Maybe don't leave so soon? Allen Leach did a Reddit AMA where he flat out said that so far he has two scripts for Series 6. So he will be on next year. The only question is for how many episodes or if he'd continue for Series 7. Link here.

• Love 1

2 Episodes is not enough for me.Not even half the season is enough for me. I have only watched for him for two years now and the rest got more and more boring. I'm not watching the rest of the show just because I hope he will come back and then get disappointed.

No, I'm leaving Downton behind now. Maybe I will watch after the whole thing is finished and I know what happened to him in the end.

2 Episodes is not enough for me.Not even half the season is enough for me. I have only watched for him for two years now and the rest got more and more boring. I'm not watching the rest of the show just because I hope he will come back and then get disappointed.

No, I'm leaving Downton behind now. Maybe I will watch after the whole thing is finished and I know what happened to him in the end.

Totally valid. I do think he'll be missing for the first couple eps and then back for the rest, but I completely understand wanting to be certain. And I'm happy to spoil you when the UK airing's over next year.

Personally I am expecting major cast shake ups at the end of season six. And if he has left, I can't blame Leech at all. Tom literally stood around in the background for two seasons.

Edited by ZoloftBlob

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like it was his decision. Allen Leech said that he was "saddened" by Tom's storyline in season 5. He also said "that it takes a little time to get over Downton" and he has no new work lined up as far as we know.

So I think it was Julian Fellows and I'm incredibly mad.

Heh. I am telling Eoivet, the finale needs the Abbey burning down, Robert being eaten by dinosaurs, Mary waking up and finding Matthew in the shower and a final shot of Daisy staring into a snowglobe while Mrs. Patmore wonders what she is thinking.

• Love 4

But because it's Fellowes writing it, she'd look at Matthew and go "And...your name is...?" ;)

However, as the one person in the world who loved the St. Elsewhere finale, I'm all for it being Daisy's dream!

• Love 3

OK, so now that we know that the show is ending in 9 episodes, how do you think it will end? My guesses:

- Mary and Henry Talbot walk off happily into the sunset. Of course, they'll drag out the will-they-won't-they as long as possible. 

- Carson and Mrs. Hughes retire, marry, and open their hotel. Probably get a generous gift from Robert. 

-This leaves Thomas as the butler. Now that he's fulfilled his professional ambition, he's as loyal to the Crawleys as Bates and Anna and he uses to his schemes to benefit the Crawleys and not himself. Everyone loves him. No relationship, though. 

- Anna gets out of jail and she and Bates are reunited after a few more twists and turns. We find out who killed Greene, in some implausible deus ex machina like it was with Vera. She and Bates end up having a child. No more tragedies for them, because there isn't enough time. 

-Edith ends up sad and alone. But she has Marigold and the magazine. She comes to accept this and is happy. Mary finds out about Marigold, but there's no drama whatsoever.

- Tom returns somehow. I'm guessing new life in America. No longer a socialist. Probably remarries.

-Violet and Isobel are happy to spend their dotage being snarky to each other with no other social lives.

- Mosely and Baxter end up together; this redeems both characters.

Daisy I'm not sure. Replaces the retiring Mrs. Patmore? Becomes a homemade jam mogul with Mr. Mason? I don't think she moves to London or improves herself in any way. And I'm not sure where there's any story for Rose, even if Lily James comes back.  

- Anna gets out of jail and she and Bates are reunited after a few more twists and turns. We find out who killed Greene, in some implausible deus ex machina like it was with Vera. She and Bates end up having a child. No more tragedies for them, because there isn't enough time. 

Anna was already out of jail and reunited with Bates by the end of the Christmas special, as I recall.

I read some UK postings and there is one spoiler that is revealed

Bertie Pelham is at Downton. Could he be the new agent for Downton and then they can have him as relationship potential for Edith?

Not sure the spoiler worked..fingers crossed.

Filming going on now in Bampton (Downton village stand-in). Dr. Clarkson spotted by Downton Hospital (along with Isobel, though couldn't see her face).

Also filming a car race: https://instagram.com/soundmanduncan/(First two photos)

(Incidentally, I got that Instagram off the Lady Mary's Eyebrows Twitter account [@L_MarysEyebrows], which is hilarious about all things Downton, PBS, classic film and literature and is highly recommended for anyone on Twitter).

L.A. Times ran a whole series of photos of Downton season 6 -- just characters in costume.

Fellowes has been giving interviews about a potential Downton movie, which I will believe when I see it (the movie, that is).

And I think that's it that I know of!

What we know so far:

Tom will be back probably from episode 3 or 4 and stay till the end. In the first episode he writes a letter that tells us he's terribly homesick.

Rose will be in the CS

A Marques is dying in Afrika which makes it possible that this is Lord Brancaster. This has triggered speculation if Bertie Pelham might be the heir and Edith is going to be a Marchioness.

Hughes and Carson marry in one of the earlier Episodes (probably Episode 3)

There will be at least one big church wedding (Edith and Bertie?)

There will be a funeral

Isobel is wearing a ring and very elegant dresses at the end of the series. She also has Lord Merton around all the time. Maybe she married him after all?

There will be a car race

Matthew Goode is back, Julian Ovenden is out.

• Love 4

Good for Isobel!  She should have married Lord Merton.  Violet said early on that his sons were difficult.  I don't know why Isobel cared so much about his sons opinion when Lord Merton said they were standing in the way of his first real chance at happiness. I wish they would have shown him saying that to his sons, who are both odious.

Edited by caligirl50
  • Love 2

I hope Isobel does get married, the Merton romance turned out to be surprisingly nice. But I'd thought she might be the big death and a Merton marriage makes that seem less likely, unless the show wants to be cruel and kill her when she's looking forward to a happy future.

I've been wondering about the timing of the romances. I thought Carson/Hughes would marry in the finale, but since there's already been a proposal and we know their relationship very well, I guess they could get married in the first third of the season so we see how things change for them and the later marriages are newer romances. Bertie felt like someone who could be Edith's final love interest. I'm even more sure than Mary and Henry will get together. I'd assumed that their courtship will last the entire season, but if they get engaged in the Christmas special that could be too much like the popular Mary/Matthew proposal in season 2; if they have a wedding, that might also invite comparisons since the M/M wedding was a big deal in 3x01. If I got to choose, I think I'd prefer a Mary/Henry engagement and an Edith/Bertie wedding since her first wedding ended so unhappily.

• Love 2

From the Top:

* Carson and Sgt. Elsie will be married, and

according to press accounts, Carson will have problems calling Mrs. Hughes by her first name at work. (For my money, Carson's stodginess has gotten worse over time.)

* Edith will finally have a happy ending, although I sort of wonder if it will be with someone other than Land Agent Dude

* Matthew Goode will look at Mary and say, "Alicia was better." OK that probly won't happen, but this is a speculation thread, so...

* I am betting we will see Gwen, maybe Jimmy and Alfred, and I really, really, FREAKING REALLY hope, O'Brien and Sir Richard

* Fellowes will give the Baxter and Molesley fans what they want

* Lotsa press about

Mary and Edith being catty with each other, as also Violet and Isobel. All that is old is new again.

* Anna and Bates will have trouble. It's in their contract. JK. But I think they will get that hotel/motel ("...Holiday Inn...") they talked about before Vee-Ra showed up .

* Thomas will hook-up with someone (could it be Andy?)

* Daisy finally goes to Mr. Mason's farm and runs it. May be a CS development. Will Mrs. Patmore go there too, and become Mrs. Mason?

I hope the End of the Abbey's Road isn't long and winding, but rather a nice, logical ending, with just enough left to do a movie.

Edited by DeepRunner
  • Love 2

*Evelyn Napier is named King of France after the nation fell in love with him during his visits. (He deserves happiness, and I'm sad that Evelyn x Mary was never a thing, and I bet Evelyn's character will more than likely be out of the country for the entirety of season 6).

*Or Henry dies some point in the future and Evelyn and Mary reunite when they're old.

*the agent really screamed "guy Edith"...so maybe two Edith's make a right? I liked them together.

*Baxter and Moseley start a detective's agency and get married of course.

*Daisy will leave to help Mr. Mason with the farm.

* I don't like Merton and Isobel together (I prefer her with the doctor) so I'm not fond of the rumors swirling around there characters). I want Isobel and Violet to die peacefully in their sleep around the same time (maybe they were having tea together?). Can't have one without the other!

*I also don't care for Carson and Hughes together. I can totally see Carson having trouble with calling Hughes by her first name. He probably thinks it'd be unprofessional.

*I'm all for Motel Bates happening with Anna and Bates. And...plot twist!! Vera faked her death, marries Sir Richard Carlisle and they become the ultimate evil power couple, and spend the rest of their lives causing mischief and mayhem for the Bateses.

*Cora finds out about the Robert/Jane stuff that happened in season 2. i don't want Robert taking that secret to his grave.

*Rose and Atticus will return (which it sounds like they are for at least an episode) and will still be happy. Rose really grew on me over the course of the show.

*okay yeah, this is more of a mix between speculation and wishes, so forgive me.

I don't know what'll happen with Thomas. Mrs. Patmore could retire maybe?

I'm actually really torn on what will happen to Violet and Isobel. Violet dying would symbolize the end of an era, but Isobel doesn't seem too much younger (she's adapted much better though). And if Isobel dies after possibly marrying Merton, then that'd be a bit cruel (unless there's a time jump or something). I really don't want to see one dying without the other.

Anyways, I just hope season 6 doesn't have any "filler" episodes and that stuff actually happens in each episode.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

* Fellowes will give the Baxter and Molesley fans what they want

* Anna and Bates will have trouble. It's in their contract. JK. But I think they will get that hotel/motel ("...Holiday Inn...") they talked about before Vee-Ra showed up .

* I ship "Baxley" so very much, and Molesley needs something good to happen to him after a lifetime of being a buttmonkey.

* Anna and Bates become the British Bonnie and Clyde. ("If your girl starts acting up, then you take her friend.")

• Love 1

Press launch today and the only interesting thing: The show will take place in 1925, 1926 and 1927.

Tom Branson is not on the official picture and wasn't at the press launch. Disappointing.