Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

I just realised Ava is also the name of the cyborg from Ex Machina so maybe I'm on the right track and that's a hint. But I forget about I,Tonya. It could just be a fun reference to that. 

I loled because I should be thinking syfy related but I go to the figure skating movie :p

I'm glad Amy Pemberton is getting another chance to br on screen, she deserves it for doing so much to make Gideon into an actual character and I really enjoyed "the Doctor's Wife" vibe it had going last time, though I don't think Rio is in this one.

I thought first of I, Robot because it's Sci Fi but it could be a big emotional Ava Sara/Ava episode so it's a tribute to I, Tonya or possibly both knowing this show. If they *do* want to make her a viable longterm/semi long term LI then she'll have to have a bit more than the Beebo ep I guess. Bit with this show I'm always willing to wait and see. 

I'm happy to see live Gideon again too, I think Sara's the only left that's actually met her. Mick saw a picture and Rip and Jax are not there anymore. I hope the bottle episode is good, I've seen some good ones and some boring ones. 

I don't know if I really need an Ava centric episode but I suppose I am interested in what time period Rip recruited his Time Bureau from. Is Ava from the present or the future?

Edited by Sakura12

Absolutely true. I just meant if they went with Gideon in holographic form we could see her as well as hear her. Not to mention we'd have even male-to-female representation on screen, which is pretty cool for a superhero ensemble.

Edited by Miss Dee
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

I've heard Gideon is a hologram in this one. I hope that sticks around - if the Waverider wanted to bring on another cast member, they could do worse than Gideon in holographic form.

I don't think I'm the first to say that, if that happens, I want her to meet Talia.

1 hour ago, shantown said:

When I first read it I was thinking it was more the start to an oath, like "I, Ava, do solemnly swear..." Now I'm doubting that because people had much more informed speculation than I did!

Now I'm thinking "I, Ava, take you..." but I JUST MADE THAT UP!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, johntfs said:

And lesbian/bi-sexual preferences.  This show could totally go with that.

Well since this show had Rip making out with/being in love with his ship, then Sara can date a figure skating lesbian killer robot.  The Legends have representation for everyone. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

Why Talia?  Is that a comics thing, or is it because of the character Lexa Doig played in Andromeda?

Andromeda :) .  She played a holographic avatar of the ship's computer on that show.

• Love 1

TV Line has new pictures of Episode 11 (the Groundhog Day one). Apparently there will be 70s fashions. My post from the MYS thread:

5 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

Ray looks FANTASTIC. Straight out of the disco 70s, in the worst possible way. I freaking love it.

Sara and Amaya are on point, though.

Mick is typing. I am stunned. Please, please let one of his secrets be that he wants to be a writer. I'm imagining salacious short stories about his crewmates, preferably around the quality level of Peter Griffin's in the Family Guy episode "Peterotica".

• Love 1

Random thoughts on TVLine's pics for episode 11:

• So are the Legends starting a disco band? lol
  • Is that Gary?
  • It must be really tough to type in leather gloves.
  • LOL about DP putting his foot down to the 70s clothes.
  • Smart of Zari to stick with a flannel shirt and jeans, especially since said shirt coordinates nicely with her totem.
  • Human Gideon! I think she should turn up more than just once a season.

Squee! I can't wait for this show to be back. 

Edited by Maelstrom
  • Love 2

Synopsis for Episode 12.

THE DEVIL’S TRIANGLE — When Sara (Caity Lotz) decides to take some private time, the Legends pursue a lead on the whereabouts of the long-lost Earth Totem. Without Sara’s knowledge, the Legends find themselves in 1717 to hunt for Blackbeard’s long-lost treasure, but in true Legends fashion things go awry.

So yet another episode where Sara is missing. It must be during the time when Caity was away from Vancouver for a week while the others continued filming. As a Sara fan, this is getting annoying.

I wonder why Sara would need to take a break though. The previous episode was the Zari time loop one where the waverider kept blowing up. Did the constant dying finally get to her, lol?

• Love 1

I accepted the Grodd one without Sara because of the Crossover. I know she didn't get much of a storyline but she was in it a lot. What's the reason this time that I don't get to see Captain Sara as pirate Captain Sara?

I suppose she got possessed by Mallus in the Constintine ep, then went through another dying cycle. She probably does need a break. 

Although I remember hearing something about them filming two people on a date at a restaurant. Maybe Sara's the b storyline about her going on a date with Ava. 

• Love 3

That makes me wonder who we will be losing this season, they seem to be slowly phasing out the original team we are down to only 3 of the original team members, Ray, Mick and Sara. 

Edited by Sakura12

I wonder: could we be getting an Arrowverse crossover where Sara goes to see Quentin and Black Siren?

That synopsis does not include one important piece I saw elsewhere (possibly futon critic; it was on Reddit and I can't remember the site):

Apparently Ray is regretting something he's done in an earlier episode that was "wrong", because he tries to fix it in this episode and just makes things worse.

I saw some rumored spoiler that Sara was supposed to show up on Arrow. The person that posted it is questionable so we can take that with a grain of salt. They really don't see that interested in having Sara and BS meet so who knows. 

Found it!

Meanwhile, Ray (Brandon Routh) feels guilty about something he has done and tries to make amends, which lands him in even bigger trouble.  Dominc Purcell, Nick Zano, Maise Richardson-Sellers and Nick Zano also star. Chris Tammaro directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree & Ubah Mohamed (#312).  Original airdate 2/26/2018

From DC Legends TV. Not sure how accurate they are.

• Love 1

If she tries to talk Lance out of his current looney tunes situation with Black Siren, I'd be all for it. My worry is she'd join him on the train. OTOH they really don't seem that interested in having BS and Sara meet, we have no idea if Sara knows and she had no reaction to DD (nuBC) who has her mother and sister's name taking over the role. They weren't very interested in having them interact in Arrow S2 or 4 either. 

I liked the Grodd episode without too much Sara but I really don't want it to become a habit. It does seem like Daddy Darhkest will have a big storyline for her though, so there's that. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I suppose she got possessed by Mallus in the Constintine ep, then went through another dying cycle. She probably does need a break.

Doesn't she have sex with Constantine in that episode as well?  That's trauma of a completely different sort as well.

On 2/6/2018 at 4:09 AM, Oreo2234 said:

I just realised Ava is also the name of the cyborg from Ex Machina so maybe I'm on the right track and that's a hint. But I forget about I,Tonya. It could just be a fun reference to that. 

Actually, "Ava" is also the name of the android Caity played on The Machine. I kind of want them to make a reference to that if this episode is about robot!Ava, even if no one knows that movie.

10 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I saw some rumored spoiler that Sara was supposed to show up on Arrow. The person that posted it is questionable so we can take that with a grain of salt. They really don't see that interested in having Sara and BS meet so who knows. 

I saw that too, and it definitely seems suspicious. Apparently she's supposed to appear on Arrow 618, which would mean Caity would have to pull double duty when filming the Legends finale (I think all the Arrowverse shows are on the same filming schedule). I wouldn't be surprised if there is less of Sara in the finale to accommodate this, but yeah, like everyone is saying here, it doesn't feel like the Arrow writers are interested in exploring Sara's reaction to seeing BS. Probably for the best though, I already can't stand Quentin calling BS "his Laurel" when these are 2 completely different people, I don't want to have to sit through that with Sara as well.

EW Interview by Marc Guggenheim : Legends of Tomorrow boss teases team's new additions (and subtractions)

Too bad Mallus is going to be a full CG character and we won't get to see John Noble in the flesh.

And I wonder what advice Leo has for Sara. Probably about Ava. Is he supposed to leave in Episode 10 or 11?

Edited by lurker22
On 2/7/2018 at 11:46 AM, Starfish35 said:

Why Talia?  Is that a comics thing, or is it because of the character Lexa Doig played in Andromeda?

Speaking of Andromeda,  which is quite possibly my favourite underrated scifi show,  they should just make Gideon an android avatar of the Waverider and add Amy to the cast full time,  because she's awesome. 

• Love 2
On 2/9/2018 at 7:57 PM, lurker22 said:

I saw that too, and it definitely seems suspicious. Apparently she's supposed to appear on Arrow 618, which would mean Caity would have to pull double duty when filming the Legends finale (I think all the Arrowverse shows are on the same filming schedule). I wouldn't be surprised if there is less of Sara in the finale to accommodate this, but yeah, like everyone is saying here, it doesn't feel like the Arrow writers are interested in exploring Sara's reaction to seeing BS. Probably for the best though, I already can't stand Quentin calling BS "his Laurel" when these are 2 completely different people, I don't want to have to sit through that with Sara as well.

Yeah, I haven't been watching Arrow this season but I've been following what's been going on from the sidelines, and I have no desire to see Sara dragged down into the mess that is Quentin/Black Siren storyline right now.  I mean, if she came over to shake some sense into her dad and kick BS's ass, that would be one thing, but I highly doubt that's how the writers would have it play out.

About the filming schedule, I don't know.  Since MG stopped posted title pages, I'm never sure where they're at exactly.  I know Legends is supposed to be done filming the end of this month, and Arrow usually runs to the middle of April approximately, but beyond that....*shrug*  I could see Caity jumping over to film something on Arrow once Legends was done, but yeah, I can't really see her jumping over while Legends is filming their season finale.

7 minutes ago, Delphi said:

Speaking of Andromeda,  which is quite possibly my favourite underrated scifi show,  they should just make Gideon an android avatar of the Waverider and add Amy to the cast full time,  because she's awesome. 

Amazon Prime just added Andromeda, and I've been meaning to try it, again.  I watched the first episode years ago and found it unutterably cheesy, but I want to give it another try.

I have no desire to see Sara dragged into anything to do with Quentin and BS. I don't even watch Arrow and that storyline sounds so dumb. BS is not Laurel and will never Sara's sister. So I don't really need them to meet. Sara already met the evil version Nazi version of her father that murdered his version of her. She would probably not want anything do with any more evil doppelgangers of her family.  

Matt's Inside Line:

Is that “human” Gideon in the new Legends of Tomorrow photos? What brings her back? —Sal
Previewing next Monday’s episode of the CW series, Amy Louise Pemberton aka Gideon says, “[It] is very much about Zari and her learning her place within the team, and Gideon’s basically manifested herself to help her figure out where she fits in the team.” As for how the team’s newest member takes to meeting the ship’s AI face to “face,” Tala Ashe said, “Given the context of [it], I think she will initially be quite pissed off…. The way that Gideon enters Zari’s world is perplexing and makes her pretty mad at first!”

I'm looking forward to this episode. :)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

Zari doesn't know that Gideon watches their dreams. Their AI is very much in the teams personal space. Lol. 

I bet that's why Gideon is teasing Sara about Ava.

I thought the cast had said in an interview that Sara and Zari are going to argue in Ep 10 about Zari taking advantage of the time loophole with Helen of Troy. It didn't really seem to fit the episode though. Could it happen in Ep 11, or have they cut the scene? I was actually looking forward to it.

From the promo of Ep 11 it looks like that conversation would fit better there than the last episode. So I guess we'll see if it's in that.  Sara does need to talk her about just deciding to change history without thinking about the consequences. DemonNora could've killed people at Jitters and killed her. Sara was the one that saved Zari's life. 

Looks like I was right about Sara and Ava going on a date in the pirate episode. The promo pics were released. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

From the promo of Ep 11 it looks like that conversation would fit better there than the last episode. So I guess we'll see if it's in that.  Sara does need to talk her about just deciding to change history without thinking about the consequences. DemonNora could've killed people at Jitters and killed her. Sara was the one that saved Zari's life.

You're right. Apparently the conversation is part of the time loop based on a spoiler I saw on Reddit.

Edited by lurker22

Is that Constantine behind Nate? It sure looks like his blonde hair and trench coat.  I suppose Arthur's hair could've grown out since we last saw him where it was shaved on the sides. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

That's on the Waverider, they didn't spend much time on the ship in the last episode. It looks to be from a different episode. Constantine will definitely be back this season probably closer to the finale to deal with demon Sara. Demon Sara probably did that to Nate. 

• Love 1

I think that picture was shot after Caity tweeted that they're on Episode 17. It seemed like Constantine might be back in Episode 15 based on that cast dinner picture. I'm just not sure if this is an old picture from 15, or if Constantine is going to be on both 15 and 17.

They did say he had an arc. We assumed arc meant consecutive episodes, not that it could spread out through the season. He did say he was leaving to check on the totems, he'll have to come back to tell them what he found. 

It just occurred to me, but if they actually need all six totems, is that evidence that Kuasa is going to switch sides?  My understanding is that her water totem was somehow absorbed when she died/was resurrected, so it's not like it can be passed to someone else.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

It just occurred to me, but if they actually need all six totems, is that evidence that Kuasa is going to switch sides?  My understanding is that her water totem was somehow absorbed when she died/was resurrected, so it's not like it can be passed to someone else.

It's definitely possible. I think they've already started her redemption arc this episode.

• Love 1

I wonder if Kuasa could be set up as a possible replacement for Amaya if/when she goes back to her own time.  The water powers would be something unique, and assuming Kuasa is redeemed/isn't killed off again, she might be an interesting addition to the team. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I wonder if Kuasa could be set up as a possible replacement for Amaya if/when she goes back to her own time.  The water powers would be something unique, and assuming Kuasa is redeemed/isn't killed off again, she might be an interesting addition to the team. 

Plus she and Mick can turn any room they're in into a sauna...

• Love 3