Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

Unfortunately, IMDB isn't terribly reliable on that score.  It had listed Arthur Darvill as being in all of season two until well into the first half of the season.

But we also haven't heard anything to indicate that Richardson-Sellers won't be on the show.   So that's a good sign.  :-)  She and Zari may have some common ground, but they also have pretty different aspects too.  And if redundancy were a bit issue, we wouldn't have Ray and Nate.  Or multiple people who shoot fire at people, and so on and so forth.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, johntfs said:
18 hours ago, benteen said:

But she isn't a barista. ;)

We don't know that.  Presumably they still have coffee in the future.

She could be a barista by day, and hacker by night. And a hero all the time.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 2
(edited)

Hells to the yeah!  That's how I'd write it.

Stein: Is there any coffee?

Zari: Get your own damn coffee.  I quit that job to be a time-travelling super-powered hacker-queen badass.

Stein: I was just asking...

Edited by johntfs
"hacker-queen" sounds better than "hacktavist"
  • Love 3
(edited)

http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/14/legends-tomorrow-billy-zane-pt-barnum/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

EW can exclusively reveal that Billy Zane has been tapped to play P.T. Barnum on the CW super series. The Titanic star will appear in one episode.

Executive producer Phil Klemperer has offered up a detailed description of the role that also offers insight on what’s in store for season 3:

“Obviously, we couldn’t resist putting Victor Garber and Billy Zane back on screen for the first time since the TITANIC.

“But I’ve wanted to bring Billy onto LEGENDS every since I saw him in a friend’s comedy pilot. I’m not sure that people know how funny Billy is, although we cast him as P.T. Barnum because we knew that he would be able to find the soul beneath the larger-than-life showman. Truth is, Barnum never said ‘there’s a sucker born every minute.’ He was less a conman, more the father of modern advertising. A guy who made things ‘go viral’ before that was a thing. Sure, in one sense, he’s the villain of our story, but in another, he’s just a guy who wants to put on a good show. Anyone who works in TV can relate to that, right?! Anyway, Billy seemed like the perfect guy to get that duality.

“The thing about history books is that they turn famous people into 2-D characters. This season on LEGENDS, we want to meet other famous figures from history, people like Barnum, people we think we know, so that we can find the aspects of them, the parts of their story, that the history books left out — we want to bring history to life by infusing it with heart, humor, and total absurdity (often at the same time).”

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 5

Nice to see that they added another female character. Was really hoping there might be a place for Lily Stein as well, but guess it I can still hope for it.

I do think it's cool to have someone from the future on the present day team. It adds another layer when they start messing with the time periods.

I worry for Amaya character, however, my prediction is that we might see a split with Rip leading a Timemasters like group and the other Legends traveling through time. I think considering Amaya's training on the Justice League, she would be more inclined to join Rips Mission than stay on the traveling squad.

I do trust these writers to find balance with a large cast. I have yet to be disappointed in how they have found good balances and chemistry throughout the big cast for 2 seasons in a row. I don't think we need to sacrifice old characters to being in new ones. Unlike the other Flarrowverse shows, LoT writers actually know how to write and incorporate new characters and cut deadwood sooner rather than later.

• Love 1
(edited)

Not much in the SDCC issue that we didn't already know.

MG says a new entity is on the horizon. They aren't bad guys necessarily. But there is great conflict between them and the Legends. He's obviously talking about Rips new group.

MG says we've haven't seen the last of Rip but have seen the last of him being on the team.

Due to positive fan responce, MG says he and his team are thinking up ways to bring on Gideon in human form again. He says they will surely do it.

They plan on having the two Vixens meet this season.

Edited by Proteus
6 hours ago, Proteus said:

Not much in the SDCC issue that we didn't already know.

Due to positive fan responce, MG says he and his team are thinking up ways to bring on Gideon in human form again. He says they will surely do it.

They plan on having the two Vixens meet this season.

Ooh, good stuff! (speaking for myself, because I don't follow spoilers closely, I rely on this forum for that, so this really was all new to me)

I loved seeing Gideon, I hope she and Rip can rekindle their love affair.

And YES to the two Vixens meeting. I'm assuming that might create some doubt in Amaya's mind, about staying on the team and/or being with Nate. A lot of potential there (as long as it actually happens. Don't they tease all sorts of Arrow stuff that never comes to fruition?).

• Love 1

So according to Guggenheim's Twitter, we know the titles of the first two episodes!

3.01: "Aruba-Con"

3.02: "Freakshow"

The first should be our introduction to Rip's Time Bureau; the second should have Billy Zane as P. T. Barnum.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Blech. But, he says Ray is the most obvious. So it may not be what it seems.

Edited to add after listening to it myself it's unclear if he means romantic.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 1

In other possible romance news they said that they are re-establishing Sara's bisexuality. I assume this means she will have at least one male love interest this season. Maybe it will be the new version of Snart. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Oreo2234 said:

In other possible romance news they said that they are re-establishing Sara's bisexuality. I assume this means she will have at least one male love interest this season. Maybe it will be the new version of Snart. 

From your lips to the showrunner's ears, but I'm sure we won't be that lucky. But at least he'll be back!!!!

Sigh. not surprising, I'm interested in seeing what her character has to offer but not if it *is* with Ray, BR is so much better in a non romantic storyline, though I wouldn't object to Lily Stein/Ray if she every comes back, that was quite sweet. But I guess since Amaya and Nate got together last season its now Ray's turn again, since Martin is faithful and Jax rarely has any interest except a crush on Kendra.

Sara's bisexuality probably does mean a male love interest at some point since they're not subtle but it could be for one episode or 17. Assuming she does get a love interest for more than two episodes it could be either gender and it wouldn't necessarily be OOC. OI think they concentrated so much on her liking girls In S2 because they didn't have a LI planned and it's easier to write for a female Kirk if she's Kirking it up with girls. plus her bigger storylines were becoming Captain and dealing with DD/Laurel's death.

From the LoT panel

The first footage from the upcoming season of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow‘s Season 3 — screened on Saturday at San Diego Comic-Con — promises “a greater evil” and, among many other things, offers a glimpse of guest star Billy Zane as politician/showman P.T. Barnum.
RELATEDLegends of Tomorrow: Snart and Darhk Return, Arthur Darvill Now Recurring
Exclusive Comic-Con Portraits From Favorite Shows
Launch Gallery

Legends‘ panel also gave fans the 411 on what’s in store for Sara’s love life, a possible riff between Captain Cold and Heat Wave and the likely introduction of Ray’s brother. Plus, talk of a Constantine cameo?! Read on and get scoop:

* How do the Legends fix time after epically breaking it? “One episode at a time,” EP Marc Guggenheim responded. While the Season 3 premiere will pick up directly from the finale, “We’re not going to fix time immediately. But we will deal with the issue of dinosaurs in Los Angeles,” as glimpsed at the close of the finale.

* Season 3 will introduce the animated Vixen series’ foe Kuasa; EP Phil Klemmer would also like to have some non-human villains on the show.

* Last season, the Waverider crew were the ones trying to fix time aberrations, but “now they’re sort of competing with the best and the brightest” in the Time Bureau, Klemmer previewed. “Rip Hunter has reconstituted with what the Time Masters used to be.”

* “I think it’s time for Sara to settle down or at least to have a relationship that’s more than a roll in the hay,” Klemmer said, acknowledging that “it’s hard when you’re traveling through time” to have a lasting romance. That said, “It’s definitely been a priority of ours this season to reestablish Sara’s bisexuality,” Guggenheim added.

* A concept for Episode 306: “We have a new character called Firestein. It’s a Freaky Friday sort of situation. So get ready to impersonate one another,” Klemmer told Franz Drameh and Victor Garber.
VIDEOSSupergirl Season 3 Trailer Has First Look at Smallville’s Erica Durance

* There is a very good chance fans will meet Ray’s brother Sydney this season, to also be played by Brandon Routh.

* Wentworth Miller’s Captain Cold will return, but former partner-in-crime Heat Wave is “not going to get the version of his pal that he remembers,” Klemmer shared. Also different when he reappears: Damien Darhk, who is “a little less silly, a little more formidable,” Guggenheim warned.

* The newest member aboard the ship, Zari Adrianna Tomaz, is “a powerful woman who speaks her mind,” new series regular Tala Ashe described. Zari and the team are “going to butt heads at first,” with the hacker really clashing with Ray’s positivity. “She might be a little glass half-empty.”

* Waverider AI Gideon will appear in the flesh during the Season 3 opener.

* Episode 4 will head to the ’80s to investigate Ray Palmer’s childhood.

* Guggenheim revealed that they’ve had “really good conversations” with Matt Ryan to reprise his role as Constantine on Legends, but for now, the actor is busy with other projects.

There was an interview with an Olicity fan with MG where he said they want to explore a new love story for Sara when asked about Nyssa. So I think she will get a real love interest.

If Sara hooks up with a male next season, I think it has to be Snart. I can't see them not giving fans that pay off.

I would suggest others watch the vid interview. It does not sound like PK is talking about a romantic pairing to me.

• Love 1
(edited)

OI think they concentrated so much on her liking girls In S2 because they didn't have a LI planned and it's easier to write for a female Kirk if she's Kirking it up with girls. 

I think some exaggerated how much they focused on that. If I recall correctly she had a couple of one episode flings and that was it.  

I would suggest others watch the vid interview. It does not sound like PK is talking about a romantic pairing to me.

I hope your right. I love Ray but it would be really predictable and I think he would work better single or with a love interest who isn't a regular character. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 1

He would be better paired with Mick. I am riding that horse until it dies in the harness, people!

Seriously: I'm not expecting a romance - you'd have to pick me up off the floor passed out from shock if they went that way - but for God's sakes, they're interesting and they spark when together; Mick has Ray's back and Ray cares about Mick. This could be a great friendship.

On the other spoilers:

Really glad Rip will be around. Totally stoked to see Mari and Constantine, who I've heard so much about. I'm cautiously looking forward to seeing Snart - as long as he doesn't end up dragging Mick back to Central City to go Rogue. That's always my fear with Snart in the mix, that the writers will throw away Mick's growth in favour of reverting him to Flash!Mick.

I think it's promising that we'll see Ray's brother and Young 80s Ray. Of course, with my luck Mick won't even be in that episode....

Brain-switched Firestorm sounds awesome!

Still hoping the boy band picture is indicative of actual events in Aruba.

• Love 2

Looks like some interesting stuff coming up. I'm really torn on Ray getting paired with someone or not. On the one hand, his romantic plots are by far my least favorite plots he gets. On the other hand, I feel bad that every woman he gets involved with either dies, or dumps him for someone else. Poor Ray. 

If they write Sara to have a male love interest, I'm thinking it could only be Snart or Rip, and I'm still hoping she and Rip can make something work, even if he isn't on the Waverider anymore. 

"You couldn't pay me to be on the Titanic" hehehe oh show. You go for the obvious joke and I love you for it. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I'm thinking it could only be Snart or Rip, and I'm still hoping she and Rip can make something work, even if he isn't on the Waverider anymore. 

I have no desire to see Sara/Rip but they did seem to hint at it a little last season.  But I would much rather she hook up with Snart if she's going to be with an established male character. 

On the one hand, his romantic plots are by far my least favorite plots he gets. On the other hand, I feel bad that every woman he gets involved with either dies, or dumps him for someone else. Poor Ray. 

Yeah part of me that feels sorry for him and his bad romantic luck. 

seeing Snart - as long as he doesn't end up dragging Mick back to Central City to go Rogue. That's always my fear with Snart in the mix, that the writers will throw away Mick's growth in favour of reverting him to Flash!Mick

That would be a bit repetitive after last year so I think they will avoid that. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 5
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Oreo2234 said:

Yeah part of me that feels sorry for him and his bad romantic luck. 

I'd prefer to keep Nate and Amaya as "the team romance" for as long as it lasts and other romances to come from outside "the company pool."  Ray would be cool with Stein's insta-daughter with it being a thing but not onscreen all the damn time.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

"You couldn't pay me to be on the Titanic" hehehe oh show. You go for the obvious joke and I love you for it. 

That line works on so many levels. The obvious, who would want to be on a doomed ship, and the meta, that Victor Garber played the architect of the ship in the movie. The trailer just made me miss the show even more. Is it fall yet?

• Love 3
(edited)

I thought with them saying they were going to give Sara a love interest I thought it would be the new girl. But it's predicable to go with Ray. 

LoT Panel

Interview with BR, CL and PK

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

I'm still not buying into Ray/Zari. That article is misleading IMO. I still think Zari could be paired with Sara. Or maybe Sara will be paired the actress from Mistresses. I'm surprised more isn't being made out of her being on the show.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Proteus said:

Yeah, the question in the interview was about how she'd interact with the team, and it seems like whoever wrote the accompanying article took it to mean something romantic.  I think it's the same thing where, last season, they talked about Amaya's relationship with Mick being important, and a lot of people assumed that meant love interest.  Plus, I'm pretty sure that if they were actually planning on doing something romantic with the two of them, he wouldn't have mentioned it the way that he did.  

2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I thought with them saying they were going to give Sara a love interest I thought it would be the new girl. But it's predicable to go with Ray. 

I thought the same thing.  It's probably just because they announced her joining the team around the same time they started saying that Sara was going to get a love interest, so I sort of linked those two things in my mind.  Plus, everything they've been saying about her character makes me think they'd be a good match.  

That being said, I'm excited for the character, and I hope she gets stuff to do that doesn't revolve around who she hooks up with.

• Love 2
(edited)
54 minutes ago, yellowfred said:

I thought the same thing.  It's probably just because they announced her joining the team around the same time they started saying that Sara was going to get a love interest, so I sort of linked those two things in my mind.

Same here, with initially thinking Zari might be a love interest for Sara.  But the talk about re-establishing Sara's bisexuality makes me think Sara's love interest might be a man, not a woman, as so many are expecting.  It doesn't have to be - it might just mean Sara romances a few men along with the ladies this season.  But since they made a point of it, I'm kind of expecting Sara's love interest to be male now.

That said, I'm not convinced that Zari/Ray is going to be a thing either. I guess we'll see, but I got the feeling that was more journalistic interpretation than anything else.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/22/2017 at 8:37 PM, Proteus said:

I noticed Jes Macallan (Mistresses) in the trailer.

Also Tracy Ifeachor (Quantico, The Originals).

Which ones were they?

ETA:  ok, I'm guessing Tracy is Kuasa, and Jes was the woman telling Sara that she and her "sorry excuse for a team could never handle it"?  I had to google it - I'd forgotten that Kuasa was Mari's sister in the Vixen animated series.

Edited by Starfish35

“I think it’s time for Sara to settle down or at least to have a relationship that’s more than a roll in the hay,” Klemmer said, acknowledging that “it’s hard when you’re traveling through time” to have a lasting romance. That said, “It’s definitely been a priority of ours this season to reestablish Sara’s bisexuality,” Guggenheim added.

This may sound strange,  but by themselves,  both of these sound like really intriguing ideas.   I think when you smash the two of them together,  it makes me feel kinda uncomfortable,  in that way that it sort of alludes to the idea that women are only bisexual until they find the right guy to settle down with. 

• Love 1

I don't know why it should be difficult. They just need to show her flirting with men and women. Like they did in season 1, she winked at a woman at a bar, she flirted with young Stein, she made out with the nurse, and whatever was going on with her and Snart. 

• Love 5

It's got to be a joke or something. Why the fuck would you do that to your best friend? Especially when you have Amaya?

Unless they're Marty McFly-ing it, where a disgusted Nate has to try and flirt with her for info or something.

• Love 1
On 26/7/2017 at 1:13 PM, Miss Dee said:

It's got to be a joke or something. Why the fuck would you do that to your best friend? Especially when you have Amaya?

Unless they're Marty McFly-ing it, where a disgusted Nate has to try and flirt with her for info or something.

Yeah, I think it'll likely be a joke, similar to the joke about Nate's mom's sandwiches. Plus, I assume Ray's mom will be played by someone 80s hot, which would be right up Nate's alley (given his age and the movies he must have grown up watching, as seen above, haha). I could see Nate teasing Ray about it, or hitting on her just to get on Ray's nerves. But I'm sure we'll also get a McFly scenario out of it but with Ray himself. That sounds like a fun episode.

And I have to assume Arthur's look is because of that play he is/was doing? Hair-wise, at least? But I'm liking the suit. It's different (to match his new role, I suppose).

• Love 1
(edited)

I love that Rip looks military (in the way Star Trek looks military). That's what I would expect from a by-the-book Time Bureau.

Between his Chronos trauma, distaste for Rip and general disdain for authority, Mick's just gonna LOVE these guys.

I would pay real money to watch Ray Palmer try to Marty McFly his own mother. That's a potential disaster of epic proportions. Bonus points if Nate and Jax go Statler and Waldorf on the whole ordeal.

In a personal interview, Purcell revealed Mick will end up in jail for Episode 3. Wonder what's that all about? And will it be related to the return of Captain Cold? Will it be the Time Bureau jail or one from history? Is this related to Mick's finding the Time Bureau in Aruba after the Legends disband?

I know it's not likely, but man, would I ever love to see Ray mount a hold-no-prisoners rescue mission to break Mick out, after all the times Mick has saved him.

Edited by Miss Dee
  • Love 2

They finally confirmed her casting:

http://deadline.com/2017/08/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-jes-macallan-recur-season-3-the-cw-mistresses-1202140467/amp/

Mistresses alumna Jes Macallan has signed on for a recurring role in the third season of the CW’s superhero drama DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.

Macallan will play Special Agent Ava Sharpe, a hard working agent for a secret branch of the Federal Government (the Time Bureau) dedicated to the regulation of time-travel and the protection of history. She is very smart and incredibly ambitious and always believes she is the smartest person in the room. She is often quite ruthless in obtaining her goals and her drive for perfection has left many discarded friendships (and relationships) in her wake.

Macallan joins Legends stars Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Arthur Darvill, Dominic Purcell, Caity Lotz, Franz Drameh, Nick Zano, Amy Pemberton, Matt Letscher and Maisie Richardson-Sellers, along with new Season 3 regular Tala Ashe, in the series from Berlanti TV and Warner Bros. TV.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 1