Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

I'm calling it now, Sara will gave a one episode fling with a woman, then the rest of the time it'll be a love triangle with Rip and Cold. Ugh.

Works for me, since the Ali Liebert character isn't joining the cast. I haven't been able to decide whether to ship Sara with Rip or Cold; this would be the best of both worlds.

• Love 1

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/20/legends-tomorrow-time-travel-rules-spoilers-cw

....But saving the world by jumping from decade to decade won’t be easy, particularly because time travel is fickle. Likening their rules to Back to the Future, executive producer Phil Klemmer explains, “You travel in time, and if you keep your parents from meeting at the Enchantment Under the Sea dance, all of a sudden, you disappear from the Polaroid picture,” he says. The caveat is that whatever is changed doesn’t take immediate effect. “Time is concrete that starts to set,” Klemmer says. “The longer the consequences of that event play out, and once the events of the future are set like concrete, then it’s impossible to change them.”

The other thing that’s impossible to change? “You can’t return to a time and place where you changed the chronology once,” he says. “You basically get one chance to make a change within the timeline, [and then] live with the consequences of that screw-up … It’s like Ghostbusters crossing the streams — if you try to go back and change something [in which] you were a participant, that has a catastrophic effect.”....

...And there’s the fact that the chilly gulag the team has escaped from while EW was on set “is familiar to people who watch Arrow,” Klemmer says. “We’ll meet an incarnation of a certain Soviet character 40 years before the time we met him on Arrow.”...

http://www.tvguide.com/news/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-boss-villains-rip-hunter-motives-season-2-game-plan/

Rip Hunter is assembling the team, but how much action is he going to see once the team is together?

Klemmer: In Episode 3, we will flash back to a Rip back story. Like all things Rip, he only tells our heroes as little as they need to know. We will realize he's made a run at Vandal Savage before without our heroes and that run ended rather badly. We'll sort of answer the question of why he needed a team to do this. We'll see how he failed as an individual and his reasons revealed in the pilot aren't as altruistic as he makes them out to be. He has selfish and personal reasons for [going after Vandal]. In his mind, he thought this was going to be a two-hour movie.

I get some of these might belong in media. I want to hide everything behind the spoiler thread just to be safe >.<

DC's LEGENDS OF TOMORROW Season 1, Episode 4 Description; "White Knights"

STEPHANIE CORNELIUSSEN (“MR. ROBOT”) GUEST STARS AS VALENTINA VOSTOCK – When Vandal Savage (guest star Casper Crump) retreats behind the Iron Curtain in the early 1980s, a string of nuclear scientists begins to mysteriously disappear. The team follows Vandal’s trail straight into the heart of the Soviet Union in an attempt to find his next target. Ray (Brandon Routh) tries to bond with a beautiful Soviet scientist, Valentina Vostock (guest star Stephanie Corneliussen), in the hopes of finding out Vandal’s next move. When Valentina rejects him, it’s Snart (Wentworth Miller) to the rescue. Stein (Victor Garber) pushes Jax (Franz Drameh) to be better, which frustrates Jax and ultimately threatens the Firestorm matrix. Rip (Arthur Darvill) asks Sara (Caity Lotz) to train Kendra (Ciara Renée). Antonio Negret directed the episode written by Sarah Nicole Jones & Phil Klemmer.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=130228

Edited by tarotx

Detailed descriptions of future episodes are fine in here, rather than media.

I can't remember if we mentioned this previously, but Valentina Vostok is, in the comics, Negative Woman from the 70's reboot of the Doom Patrol.

• Love 1

Hmm. So one of the main cast indeed bites it before ep 11. Good.Unless they're rescuing him/her or something.

Magnificent Eight sounds more like a western related episode than a commentary on how many people are on the team. I think since Rip is the den mother he could always be the uncounted member of the team in the way that the teacher is never counted when determining class size. 

• Love 1

The Magnificent Seven is one of the movies that tptb have talked about when discussing team up movies.  And I still say Hawkman dies. Falk Hentschel hasn't been in many behind the scenes pictures. Though he personally is posting stuff for this given episode. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 1

Interview with Dominic Purcell. He drops a lot of F bombs and some spoilers.

http://collider.com/legends-of-tomorrow-dominic-purcell-interview/

I'm liking that they are keeping the Sara, Leonard and Mick friendship going. Of course it's Laurel: "Go be a hero in the light", Sara comes home with her new BFF's a thief and an arsonist. 

ETA: Just heard some more spoilers. Apparently Sara brings some weed back onto the ship with her. Probably hoping it can help calm her bloodlust. Which also makes me wonder if they are going to give Sara a drug and alcohol problem (since it runs in her family)

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

I don't know they've shown Sara drinking or wanting to drink a lot and then bringing drugs back onto the ship. She probably figures if she's too drunk or too high she won't have an urge to murder. CL said they will be dealing with Sara's darkness and bloodlust. So it's not all light and fluffy. 

Proteus, It was from Kevin Smith's review of the show, he was supposed to be talking about the first episode but talked about the second episode too. He also gave away another spoiler. Which is what everyone on this board wants to happen, happens in the second episode. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

I don't know they've shown Sara drinking or wanting to drink a lot and then bringing drugs back onto the ship. She probably figures if she's too drunk or too high she won't have an urge to murder. CL said they will be dealing with Sara's darkness and bloodlust. So it's not all light and fluffy. 

Proteus, It was from Kevin Smith's review of the show, he was supposed to be talking about the first episode but talked about the second episode too. He also gave away another spoiler. Which is what everyone on this board wants to happen, happens in the second episode. 

Hawkman dies that fast? Can it be true? :)

Oh and I might hate myself a little for this, but I think tiny Ray is cute.  Sorry!

• Love 1

Maybe they can have a version who doesn't do anything but dance? That's where I want my Falk Hentschel <3 But really since Hawkman usually obtains his memories-that probably means this is just his personality and he'll basically be the same character no matter which time he comes from. 

• Love 1

If the most recent Hawkman dies and then they bump into one of his previous incarnations, wouldn't that change the past and weaken Vandal Savage since they likely will snatch up Hawkman 2.0 and thus save him from dying in that timeline at the hands of VS?  Or did I get too timey whimey? 

He's the same character but from different time periods, his past versions should be slightly different then the modern one. 

I also hope he's gone for a few episodes to give Kendra time to fit into the team. She's been on the outside while everyone else has had scenes talking to each other or will have scenes talking to each other. I can't wait to see Sara and Stein when younger Stein starts hitting on Sara and offering her pot. Stein's face in the gifs are awesome I can't wait to see the full version. 

Sara gets hit on everywhere she goes doesn't she? I'm guessing that's why Laurel always seemed jealous of Sara, Sara's very approachable while she is not. 

• Love 3

Was this posted? It was actually used to promote episode one 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwBBMOCG3JY

It looks like Savage is actually evaluating the Legends' battle strengths and tactics. He knows the Hawks very well, but he's using this batch of minions as cannon fodder to study the team and spot their patterns and weaknesses.  I would expect nothing less of someone who has been masterminding wars for millennia.

Also, I love Atom hiding in Stein's pocket!

Interview with Dominic Purcell. He drops a lot of F bombs and some spoilers.

http://collider.com/legends-of-tomorrow-dominic-purcell-interview/

From that interview:

People are so versed in this genre now that, if you’re going to put out a superhero show, it’s gotta be big, or go home. There’s another show on another network that I could talk about, which I won’t because it’s a dog when you compare it against what it’s supposed to be.

Somehow I don't think he's talking about Supergirl :) .

Just for the record, I don't have any great desire to see Hawkman die.

Thing is I don't think anyone on any of these shows can say we're doing it much better. I watch most of them, I've stopped watching Arrow, and I'm debating whether to continue with Gotham, but they all have things they're doing right and they all have things they are getting wrong and could learn from the other shows. 

• Love 1

I've never watched Gotham and I've only caught a few eps of AoS but I would guess if his reference ties into "go big or go home" that he's referring to Gotham and not Marvel's work.  Marvel seems to get "go big or go home" just fine. 

There are times I think Arrow needs a little more "comic bookiness" and a little less cross between a teen drama and soap opera.  I need a little less angst and a little more good guys winning from my shows.

Edited by nksarmi

Gotham and AoS have both gotten much better and I find myself enjoying them more than Arrow and Flash. And I like Agent Carter much better than Supergirl.

Gotham has gone kind of big with violence, with Alfred punching a teenage Catwoman in the face and Detective Gordon taking a 16 year old along on a raid with a bunch of criminals. Having one character strangle another character and talk to her corpse while cutting her up and burying her. Their pseudo Joker was  very creepy. They fixed their "Laurel" character by making her crazy. They also seem to be making Jim kind of a psycho. 

Anyway back to spoilers about this show. It seems a lot happens this next episode which is too bad it wasn't shown as a two parter on one night. I'm looking forward to the 50's episode where from a CL interview Stein questions Sara's decision to seduce the closeted nurse. 

I'm also wondering if they are going to do a bottle episode with Sara's weed. Lol

• Love 3

I'm watching all the superhero shows on broadcast television and enjoy them all at varying degrees.  Gotham gets a bad rap.  It's something unique but gets judged for what it's not.  AoS is the one that I am least attached to.  I like it when I've let it pile up and then I do mini binges but I'm not attached to the characters like I am on Arrow and by that I include Sara and yes, even Ray.  I think I'm already attached to Rip and Spy Daddy but the rest still have to work for it. 

• Love 3

Honestly, I love Gotham as well.... I thought he was talking about Agents of Shield which has gotten a lot of flak for being a Marvel superhero show without any superheroes.  Gotham (which does lack Batman, but IMHO makes up for it with the incredible Burton/Furst-reminiscent production design) never occurred to me as a possibility, in fact if I thought he was talking about that show I probably wouldn't have called it out.  :)

• Love 1
DC’S Legends of Tomorrow

“Fail-Safe” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

THE TEAM ORCHESTRATES A PRISON BREAK — After some of the Legends are captured and thrown into a Russian gulag during the height of the Cold War of 1986, Snart (Wentworth Miller) leads the team in an elaborate escape plan to free their comrades. However, Rip (Arthur Darvill) gives Sara (Caity Lotz) a secret side mission that could prove not only to be a liability, but fatal to the team. Dermott Downs directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Grainne Godfree (#105). Original airdate 2/18/16.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/01/the-cws-primetime-listings-for-week-of.html

The bolded part seems interesting. I wonder if the team finds out about Sara's bloodlust in this ep. 

The bolded part seems interesting. I wonder if the team finds out about Sara's bloodlust in this ep. 

I'm a bigger fan of "Wentworth Miller leads the team in an elaborate escape plan." Where have I heard that before?  :)

How many times do the 'legends' need to get captured before Rip starts to reconsider his team choices?

It's a 13-episode order, right?  So I'm guessing 13.  :D

• Love 3

Ok but I love the fact that they are going to end up in a Russian prison in the 80s.  What?  Neither of the resident geniuses speaks Russian?

I can't remember - is this show a continuous airing until the finale?  I think there are a total of 16 episodes so 14 more would take us till the first week of May.  I guess they might break somewhere in there for a week or two, but it shouldn't be much of one.

I so hope the show continues to run around 14 to 16 episodes if it gets additional seasons. I think the shorter seasons will let them continue with a bigger FX budget and maybe I'm easy to please - but I've like the special effects so far.  And I have to say that I really like tiny Ray - it's a shame they wasted all that could have been fun about his character on Arrow.

• Love 1

How many times do the 'legends' need to get captured before Rip starts to reconsider his team choices?

I think he'll reconsider it every other episode but, much like another British time traveler, be OK with his traveling companions ignoring him and doing what they want to more often than not.

They also said that we'll be seeing one armed future Oliver and Connor Hawke in episode 6, which takes place in 2046.  That's what Oliver gets for running around in short sleeves. 

• Love 3

I'm still wondering about the team makeup. I get him picking the Hawks, since it's going to take one of them to take Savage down once and for all, and at the time he didn't know which one. I also get Cold, Heat and Sara, since they are ruthless, capable people who are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done but, let's face it, not too likely to be missed by the world at large. But what, really, do Ray, Stein and Jax contribute? Ray's suit really isn't that impressive and Firestorm only throws around a bit more fire than Heat. Plus a smaller team is easier to move around. 

I'm a bigger fan of "Wentworth Miller leads the team in an elaborate escape plan." Where have I heard that before?  :)

It's a 13-episode order, right?  So I'm guessing 13.  :D

It's 16 episodes.

• Love 1

In defense of Ray (can't believe I'm writing that) he is a brilliant inventor, which has to come in handy.  And then there's the whole pocket size thing, which worked pretty well in the second part of the pilot.  He does need some toughening up, though not too much since I'm starting to warm up to him in geek mode. 

ETA:  Rip knows a lot about the various places in time where they will be hunting Savage, so I assume that has to factor in somewhere. 

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 4