Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

I'm still thinking Ava is Sara's new LI. She'll hook up with Alex in the crossover and hook up with Constintine during his 2 episode arc, to show she's into women and men. Then Ava will fall for her too. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, darkestboy said:

Yes, beyond delighted with this news and the fact that he's in two episodes and the writers are acknowledging his bisexuality, bring it on.

Along with the Ray appearing in the crossover episodes and Snart back again, cannot wait.

My dream crossover would be Constantine crossing over to Lucifer for an episode or two.  Matt Ryan and Tom Ellis bouncing off each other?  Beyond amazing...

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I think you're probably right, but I'm still hoping not.  Ava is coming across as soooooo dislikeable in all the trailers.

I'm not liking Ava from what we've seen of her either. Maybe she'll get better during the season. I wasn't a fan of Rip during season 1, now I like him. 

• Love 1

I get the vibe we probably aren't supposed to like her at first. 

I'm still thinking Ava is Sara's new LI. She'll hook up with Alex in the crossover and hook up with Constintine during his 2 episode arc, to show she's into women and men.

Yeah I don't think her longterm love interest is Constantine. It sounded like they weren't sure they would even get him for a while and that Sara's love interest is supposed to show up earlier. 

• Love 1

Legends of Tomorrow Boss on Living Closer to 'Jump the Shark' Line, Rip's New Role, Amplifying Female Voices

In Season 1, the Legends of Tomorrow battled Vandal Savage. After that, they got dogged by the Legion of Doom. Now, in Season 3 (premiering tonight at 9/8c, on The CW), yet another wild mission stands before them.

TVLine spoke with co-showrunner Marc Guggenheim about the Legends fixing what they done broke, the addition of some new faces and the joy of “taking the piss out of” its world-saving heroes.

• Love 1

This article has some good cast info, going into tonight's episode.

I'm a little perplexed by the presentation of Sara as someone without friends or family since Laurel's death, though.  Quentin and Dinah are still alive.  Oliver is still around.  So is anyone else who made it out of the Arrow season finale (I haven't been keeping up).  I can understand why she wouldn't be comfortable in a normal life after everything she's been through, but she had a lot more to her than just being Laurel's sister.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, squidprincess said:

This article has some good cast info, going into tonight's episode.

I'm a little perplexed by the presentation of Sara as someone without friends or family since Laurel's death, though.  Quentin and Dinah are still alive.  Oliver is still around.  So is anyone else who made it out of the Arrow season finale (I haven't been keeping up).  I can understand why she wouldn't be comfortable in a normal life after everything she's been through, but she had a lot more to her than just being Laurel's sister.

Sara's a time traveler.  She probably tried to stay away from Quentin, Dinah and Oliver so she won't get badgered with requests (even tacit ones) to change time and bring Laurel back.  Plus, as Laurel's sister who actually returned from the dead thanks to Laurel, Sara is a constant reminder that Laurel won't be coming back.  So once again, Laurel enshittens peoples' lives.

• Love 2

Dinah only ever seemed to care about her kids when they were dead, and Quentin and Oliver both seem to have forgotten Sara exists. Quentin didn't even have photos of Sara in his office last season. I don't like that they did it but it was done a long time ago. Might as well honor the fact that Sara's effectively had no one back home who really gives a damn about her for quite some time.

I think it's in character for Sara to keep her distance. She blames herself for screwing up the timeline, and because of that she'll not want to see her friends and family. Plus she is a time traveler and she has been away from her family longer then it has been for them. She spent 2 years in the 1950's and 6 months in 1600's Salem. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

My new theory on why Rip is being such an asshole to the team and fired them, only letting them have the ship back when he realized he still needed them? He knows some new evil is coming and this is his weird, passive aggressive way of protecting them. Maybe its even coming for them specifically? I would love it if it turned out some time villain was trying to kill the Legends because they're going to be SUCH badasses in the future and stop so much evil, they need to be stopped now. I think the team needs the ego boost. 

• Love 4

Victor Garber's departure confirmed by Deadline and TVLine, though not how he will be written out.

From Deadline's Nellie Andreeva:

I first heard rumblings about a potential Garber exit last spring as Legends of Tomorrow was wrapping its second season. The chatter intensified over the summer. While no one would comment, a pending departure was inadvertently revealed in early September when it was announced that musical theater veteran Garber would return to Broadway, teaming with Bernadette Peters to headline the Tony-winning revival of Hello, Dolly!, taking over from David Hyde Pierce and Bette Midler. Their first show is on January 20.

A Broadway run is a big undertaking, involving a six day a week schedule and 7-8 shows a week. Doing that while filming a primetime series is virtually impossible, especially when the show is produced 3,000 miles away as is the case with the Vancouver-based Legends Of Tomorrow

I hear Garber’s exit had been carefully planned ahead of time. After wrapping his run on the show, which should be shortly, Garber is expected to move back to New York to start preparing for Hello, Dolly! I hear he will remain series regular on the current third season of Legends Of Tomorrow though there are no current plans for him to return for further episodes. Still, with the time-travel nature of the superhero show, there is always a possibility for characters to be brought back.

21 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Victor Garber's departure confirmed by Deadline and TVLine, though not how he will be written out.

From Deadline's Nellie Andreeva:

I didn't want to like your post because I'm heartbroken VG is leaving :( But thank you for posting it!!

I hope they find a way to allow him to just move back to Central City and still allow for him to be ALIVE! Lilly seems smart, perhaps she has found a way to do it. :)

• Love 6
On October 9, 2017 at 10:18 PM, Oreo2234 said:

It's not clear to me if he is saying Constantine will be involved in that or if its just one of the many things happening during that episode where Constantine appears. If he is involved in it it will probably be with Sara if she's still single at that point. The episode sounds pretty interesting, this whole season looks to be pretty interesting actually. The new promo they just released gives away a lot but it all looks very fun. 

If Snart is still around, I think the hot sex Constantine has is with him.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Proteus said:

If Snart is still around, I think the hot sex Constantine has is with him.

Do we know Snart's sexual preferences?? That would be some hot sex if it did occur. I just wonder if they will take Snart's character there? Not opposed to the theory, I just really don't remember anything about Snart's sexuality.

5 minutes ago, kismet said:

Do we know Snart's sexual preferences?? That would be some hot sex if it did occur. I just wonder if they will take Snart's character there? Not opposed to the theory, I just really don't remember anything about Snart's sexuality.

Snart's interest in Sara does show he's interested in women. However Wentworth Miller has said he thinks Snart is Pansexual. Now will the writers ever say what Snart's sexual preference is, probably not. It took them 4 seasons and 2 shows to say Sara's Bi. 

They may not have outright said it, but having her kiss Nyssa and have sex with Oliver in the same episode (Arrow S2 Heir to the Demon) kind of said it without saying it.

As far as Snart, I don't know what they'll do as far as Earth-1 Snart, but that spoilers account said that Earth-X Snart will be in a relationship with The Ray, in the crossover.  I'll have to see if I can find that tweet.

• Love 5
On 10/10/2017 at 7:50 AM, johntfs said:

My dream crossover would be Constantine crossing over to Lucifer for an episode or two.  Matt Ryan and Tom Ellis bouncing off each other?  Beyond amazing...

I second this. Or they could bring Lucifer onto Legends for a crossover. I wouldn't object to that either.

22 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Shit! How disappointing. I was really hoping all the rumors would turn out to be false, too. I've always thought that an ensemble show is elevated by having an older, more mature character in the mix, like Book on Firefly and Zaan on Farscape. They bring a different set of experiences and a different outlook on life that IMO provides a nice balance to the young pretty people that generally make up ensemble casts. So it'll be a real shame to lose Stein and VG. PTB, please don't kill him!

Hmm... does this mean Mick will be the elder statesman of the group now? That could be... interesting.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Shit! How disappointing. I was really hoping all the rumors would turn out to be false, too. I've always thought that an ensemble show is elevated by having an older, more mature character in the mix, like Book on Firefly and Zaan on Farscape. They bring a different set of experiences and a different outlook on life that IMO provides a nice balance to the young pretty people that generally make up ensemble casts. So it'll be a real shame to lose Stein and VG. PTB, please don't kill him!

Hmm... does this mean Mick will be the elder statesman of the group now? That could be... interesting.

I do think the show is losing a lot of gravitas by losing VG. He played it so well. He was a true elder statesman. Ironic without trying. Wisdom with just enough condescension to be endearing. Deeply intelligent not just from years of learning and research, but from years of living through triumph & mistakes.

As much as chronologically I do think this will make Rory the elder statesman of the group. I do not think Purcell's acting or Rory's writing lend him to be what Stein was to the group. I see Rory as more the ironic man in the mirror/court jester, lending himself to jokes and insightful commentary. I think that role really works for him. It allows for snark & sarcasm.

I don't think Stein's void will be easily to fill. And most of that I think will be because of VG. They could probably find an seasoned actor to replace him as Jax's new other half, but I don't think they will have VG's skills. VG is in an elevated league in delivering characters like Stein. I almost hope they don't try this season. Perhaps just find Jax a good partner that works for the chemistry of the show, and find another way to deliver the Elder Statesperson Wisdom to the group. Personally, I'm sort of feeling a Mother Hen might do the job. Let's find a sassy & strong seasoned female actor to keep the Legends in line. It would provide another perspective and give a little more gender balance.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

Saw a picture on Purcell's Instagram...you Snart fangirls/fanboys will be happy.

You just made my day, Miss Dee! I love that there's more salt in his hair--he is looking GOOD. That little glimpse will get me through to the next little glimpse. Thanks!

• Love 1
On 10/11/2017 at 2:16 PM, Starfish35 said:

that spoilers account said that Earth-X Snart will be in a relationship with The Ray, in the crossover.  I'll have to see if I can find that tweet

Apparently that spoilers (secretspoils) account has been deleted.  And I don't have a screenshot - sorry.  

Ugh, that press release in "Phone Home." If you expect me to buy that Mick Rory - the guy who nearly sacrificed himself to save Ray at the Vanishing Point, the same guy who was going to chase him to Camelot so he wouldn't have to fight alone - is going to sit on the ship investigating Stein while Ray's life is in danger...well, let's just say Time is not the only broken thing around here.

Dammit Nate, this is *your* fault!

• Love 3

Yeah, it should write itself. The biggest (proud of it) Boy Scout friendship with the murderous, thieving, pyromaniac who form an unlikely bond is way better than two similar guys who bring out the worst qualities in each other, them bitching at each other just isn't as interesting or fun. Especially because it turns Sara and Amaya into giving "long suffering mother" type exchanges. 

Stein leaving is not unexpected, I was sort of surprised VG has actually stayed this long but with his Broadway announcement it seemed inevitable. I like that Martin wasn't always likeable, that he very much had his own ego and sometimes shortsighted ways of thinking, but brought gravitas and experience to the team. They are definitely loosing something here, can I suggest a Quentin arc at least? Not as Firestorm but as an older voice who has a great chemistry with Sara, and I've no doubt since it's PB, with a lot of other characters and Arrow isn't using him all that much. Doubt it will happen though. Maybe Different!Snart can sort of fulfil that void a bit for a couple of episodes.  

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Stein leaving is not unexpected, I was sort of surprised VG has actually stayed this long but with his Broadway announcement it seemed inevitable. I like that Martin wasn't always likeable, that he very much had his own ego and sometimes shortsighted ways of thinking, but brought gravitas and experience to the team. They are definitely loosing something here, can I suggest a Quentin arc at least? Not as Firestorm but as an older voice who has a great chemistry with Sara, and I've no doubt since it's PB, with a lot of other characters and Arrow isn't using him all that much. Doubt it will happen though. Maybe Different!Snart can sort of fulfil that void a bit for a couple of episodes.  

oooh... could we rescue Quentin from Arrow??? I would love to see Paul Blackthorne again on a regular basis. But I don't really want him as part of Firestorm.

• Love 2

Bringing the Mallus stuff here since it's not really about ep 2. Although if Gary is playing the fool as Mallus's spy that would be juicy fun. 

I swear I have heard of a villain named Mallus is some other TV series non-related to DC comics. Wasn't it in True Blood or maybe in the Merlin BBC series?? It just feels a lot like it comes from a preexisting folklore?? I'm being reminded of Maenads & water deities with that introduction at the end of ep2. Maybe King Arthur being in the premiere is more than just coincidence or a quick TBT joke.

Also just for clarification, is the villain definitely spelled Mallus? Malice is an actual word, so initially I thought it was that way. But people here follow the nitty gritty details of the spoilers better than I do. I just want to make sure that I've got it right for future posts.

I thought it might be Mollusk when I heard it during episode 1. Or maybe its just a side effect of growing up in New England that Mollusks were used as cheesy villains in mini-golfs & amusement parks, etc.

Wasn't there a Mollusk mutant in Power Rangers?? Seriously this secret big bad is giving me a serious case of Deja Vu....

In the articles I read said Mallus.  That's why I've been spelling it that way. I don't think Mallus is an actual villian from DC, he or she seems to be an original character. I've heard theories that it could be Stein's grand kid. Since Ava said the Legends created it. 

• Love 1

Saw this come across my twitter feed. I know we are not allowed to talk politics on this forum. But can I say, I dread real life present day politics being drawn into LoT. It is one hour of my life, where I don't have to remember reality. There is a different between messing with time & history, and actual dealing with real life. I would prefer to never see those lines blurred on LoT

Ugh, I don't know what the writers are thinking and I dread that they direct tweeted him.

On 10/19/2017 at 11:21 PM, kismet said:

I thought it might be Mollusk when I heard it during episode 1. Or maybe its just a side effect of growing up in New England that Mollusks were used as cheesy villains in mini-golfs & amusement parks, etc.

Wasn't there a Mollusk mutant in Power Rangers?? Seriously this secret big bad is giving me a serious case of Deja Vu....

In the closed captioning it says Mallus.  Also, Yay New England (the region)!

Also, I found a speculative article that thought that the robed figure that resurrected Kuasa might actually be the Time Trapper, in which case, both the Legends and the Time Bureau might be over their collective heads.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MarkHB said:

Also, I found a speculative article that thought that the robed figure that resurrected Kuasa might actually be the Time Trapper, in which case, both the Legends and the Time Bureau might be over their collective heads.

Time for a trip to the 31st Century, then -- this sounds like a job for the Legion of Super-Heroes!

• Love 2

Interview with Tala Ashe (Zari) posted in the Mind Your Surroundings thread:

Legends of Tomorrow's Tala Ashe previews new addition to team

The Legends of Tomorrow will soon be expanding.

During Tuesday’s episode of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, Tala Ashe makes her debut as Zari Adrianna Tomaz, a Muslim-American hacker from the future who is being hunting by our new baddie, Kuasa (Tracy Ifeachor).

The DC Comics character will end up joining the team, much to her own consternation. Hailing from a dystopian future, Zari is not at all impressed with the Legends fixing anachronisms and instead wants them to actually fix time for the better, even if she has to hack it herself. Why is Kuasa hunting her? Could it have to do with the totem Zari has been spotted wearing? EW sat down with Ashe on set to get the scoop.

• Love 1

Posted in Mind Your Surroundings thread:

“LEGENDS OF TOMORROW” PLOTS 1980S “STRANGER THINGS”-ESQUE HALLOWEEN EPISODE

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW is getting on the 1980s nostalgia train with a planned Halloween episode that will be an homage to the Stranger Things decade, according to showrunners.

“We’re basically doing an episode where it’s a send up to the Amblin films of the 80s, it’s very Stranger Things, it’s a story where Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) as a young a boy befriends an alien, kind of lik Elliot in ET, the twist being that the alien he befriends is a baby Dominator,” executive producer Marc Guggenheim told a group of reporters ahead of the episode. “And chaos ensues.”

More at the link.

• Love 1

A couple of quotes from the article above:

“Ther’s a dance number in it,” teased EP Phil Klemmer about the episode. “Someone tries to have sex with a space alien… and it’s gonna be on Halloween, which is perfect.”

Sex with a space alien? And didn't we hear earlier that Nate hits on Ray's mom? Is Ray's mom a space alien? Lol.  Ok probably not.  

This season, Legends is also plotting a Vikings episode, a golden age of Hollywood episode and an episode that has the heroes come across Helen of Troy. Ahh the joys of time travel.

I thought I remembered seeing or reading something saying that the golden age of Hollywood episode IS the Helen of Troy episode.  But maybe not.  (ETA: Now that I think about it, I think it was implied by the pre-season trailers.)  I don't think I've seen anything about a Viking episode yet though.  That should be interesting.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

A couple of quotes from the article above:

Sex with a space alien? And didn't we hear earlier that Nate hits on Ray's mom? Is Ray's mom a space alien? Lol.  Ok probably not. 

Maybe they are channeling My Stepmother is an Alien, that was from the 80s and had an Alien sex scene. I just remember an awkward inner monologue Kim Basinger had during it.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1

Posted in Mind Your Surroundings:

Marc Guggenheim on Whether 'Legends of Tomorrow' Could Revisit Connor Hawke

DC's Legends of Tomorrow travel to the future of the year 2042 and pick up a new team member in this week's new episode of the series which is titled "Zari" -- but with a character coming from 2042, and John Diggle having taken on the mantle of Green Arrow in Arrow Season 6, could this all lead to a return of Connor Hawke, as played by Joseph David-Jones in the well-received Legends Season 1 episode "Star City 2046?"

Following a press screening of the Legends of Tomorrow episode "Zari," we asked Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim that very question.

"It would be awesome," Guggenheim admits. "That's totally a bucket list item for us. We've talked about eventually going back there and seeing it. There are still a couple of different ideas that we have related to that time period, but nothing [solid is planned]."

And more info on upcoming episodes...

After that, upcoming episodes include a ghostly Victorian London story, a Coen Brothers-like "Golden Age of Hollywood" romp, Helen of Troy... and even Vikings in an episode now filming, titled "Beebo, The God of War." Legends will also be approaching a "no-time-period episode" which is something the series has not been done before.

• Love 1

So after tonight's episode, we have:

• #304 Phone Home, airing 10/31/17.   Young Ray, 80s episode.
  • #305 Return of the Mack, airing 11/07/17.  Victorian London episode.
  • #306 Helen Hunt, airing 11/14/17.  I think this is the Hollywood/Helen of Troy episode.
  • #307 Welcome to the Jungle, airing 11/21/17.  I think this is the Gorilla Grodd episode (there was some clips from it in the preseason trailers).
  • #308 Crisis on Earth-X (4), airing 11/28/17.  Crossover.
  • #309 Beebo the God of War, airing ?  Viking episode.  Midseason finale?  Currently filming.
Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1