Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

I only know him from Chuck, where I think he did an awesome job. He collaborates a lot with Josh Schwartz who I think does quality stuff.

Forever seemed to make some pretty diehard fans pretty quickly, don't know if that is indicative of anything. One can only hope good things.

• Love 1

Forever was a great show, very character driven. I'm still upset that it got cancelled. Hopefully he can help make this show the same way. I love action and stunts but I also want to see some good character interactions where they actually talk to each other. Forever did that all the time and it really helped make the characters people you want to get to know better. 

• Love 2

Yeah, I really liked Forever too. I think the early episodes where Henry kept dying and ending up naked in the river might have scared some people off (though by the second time he got tagged for indecent exposure I thought it was hilarious)

• Love 2

I like that they are dressing for the different time periods and get to go undercover. This should be fun. Doctor Who with Super Heroes,

Sara and Rip should be a fun pair. I can see Rip saying they need to go undercover and he chooses Sara and the team goes "really, you're choosing the crazy one?" 

I hope we get to see them with different pairings throughout the show. The Cold War one look like it's Captain Cold and Ray, which also sounds interesting. 

Not really a spoiler, but I think I'm going to love seeing Team Legends dress time appropriate. 

Caity Lotz Retweeted

Charlie Schneider ‏@AwesomEmergency  2h2 hours ago
#LegendsOfTomorrow panel @philklemmer confirmed @caitylotz will be in full on period attire. GoGo boots & all. Love it. #wbnycc

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 5

Damien Darhk to be on LoT.

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/12/exclusive-damien-darhk-to-be-on-the-flash-legends-of-tomorrow/

You go back to the League -- I did an episode of Legends last week -- and I look exactly the same in 1975 but you see he's not as confident and doesn't have such an agenda forty years ago as he does now," McDonough said. "So it's fun to play the different times, you know? Going back in time with Legends, and The Flash, with The Flash, I'm just this crazy, fun, enjoy everything while I kill everybody type of character. It's just nuts."

I hope they have him recognize Sara as someone he met decades ago, to help lead her to realize she has traveled through time with a new team. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

I didn't see Stein at first and I was about to freak. Not that death means anything in the DC universe, but still - not Stein, not ever, 'kay? Kinda surprised Purcell's in the photos, since his lack of presence in the trailer had me assuming he was a goner.

Does that seem like a funeral like stance and posture to anyone else, or is it just me?

And the flowers in Hawkgirl's arms. Definitely a funeral, and because of the flowers I'm guessing it's Hawkman's.

• Love 4

Wow. You're right. I thought that was Hawkman standing next to Kendra, but it's Rip. So yeah, it probably is him. Surprised they're killing him off so quickly, but maybe they'll keep running into him in different time periods?

• Love 3

Wow. You're right. I thought that was Hawkman standing next to Kendra, but it's Rip. So yeah, it probably is him. Surprised they're killing him off so quickly, but maybe they'll keep running into him in different time periods?

They might do that... It would maximize romantic longing and stuff. It also frees them up to not have to write an actual romantic relationship on every show. Plus it would be kinda cool to chase one of the cast members through time.

Part of sorta hopes that perhaps different members or subgroups get separated and find each other. I honestly don't know how 40 minutes of group scenes is going to translate well for 13 episodes. But A & B plots in different times, so long as it is not a production nightmare might be interesting.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1

I'm fine with them killing off Hawkman early. There are too many men in the cast as it is. I figured it was going to be Heatwave, but maybe they decided to keep him. Hawkman's been reborn multiple times so we'll probably see him again. I also wonder if they'll get a different actor or keep it where they look the same each time?

I'm mostly looking forward to Stein's reactions to everyone. He likes Team Flash because most of them are Scientists. Besides Ray whom we've heard he'll butt heads with, none of them are like him. Sara seems to have some chemistry/forensic knowledge (if they remember that) and we don't know much about Kendra. In the comics she was a treasure hunter. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

After seeing that Captain Cold & Heatwave pic I immediately thought Scofield & Burrows. That could be a shot straight out of Prison Break. I'm so glad Dominic Purcell is sticking around for a while. He has been wasted on The Flash, so hopefully they actually develop his character here on LoT.

• Love 2

It seems like a funeral and Hawkman's not there. Maybe he was just made a regular to be able to kill off a regular early in the series? But really he can be a regular as they go into time.

Since Hawkman can be reborn, the actor can still be regular. They will just meet him throughout time. Or this is the case of the EP's thinking they are being shocking by killing off a regular character. 

• Love 1

It shows the high stakes of the mission if they kill off a regular. However, they were smart to choose one of the regulars that can reincarnate himself through time. So he can come & go with plot, but still be a regular. If they had killed someone else I would have thought they were going for shock value. But I think they are actually just trying to tell an interesting story. Hawkman dying and coming back to life (because that is his jam) is a good story. Organic & canon at the same time.

So, they are really going with Ray/Sara :(

I can cross my fingers for a Ray/Sara hookup on Legends of Tomorrow? I think Caity Lotz and Brandon Routh have a good chemistry already! –Jenny

EP Phil Klemmer all but confirmed a Ray/Sara pairing during the midseason series’ New York Comic Con panel, when he said in addressing a fan Q on that topic, “Any time you’re in in close, life-or-death quarters [about a time-traveling vessel], weird things happens with people.” Bonus scoop: Legends Episode 6 is casting a hulking, brawny a character who is poised to “pick up his father’s mantle and become a powerful villain,” as well as an African-American or biracial male who “decides to put on the uniform of a missing hero who once stood for justice and hope.”

OTOH, the "all but confirmed" are the reporter's words, not Klemmer's, so I guess there's still hope. Edited by FurryFury

Personally, I would be shocked if they DON'T develop a Ray/Sara romance. These writers are not particularly creative. They tend to copy things in one show that have already worked on another and they probably see the potential for a second Olicity in Ray and Sara - only that in this case, the woman (Sara) is the tortured heroine and the man (Ray) is supposed to bring out her humanity again. 

• Love 2

Personally, I would be shocked if they DON'T develop a Ray/Sara romance. These writers are not particularly creative. They tend to copy things in one show that have already worked on another and they probably see the potential for a second Olicity in Ray and Sara - only that in this case, the woman (Sara) is the tortured heroine and the man (Ray) is supposed to bring out her humanity again.

I can not lie. That cliche is a staple amongst most of my favorite couples. I also think we shouldn't prejudge the Ray we get on LoT based on who he was on Arrow. He was actually enjoyable his last few episodes. That guy deserves a second chance from fans and that's the guy I'm cautiously optimistic about being a good fit for Sara, assuming of course they don't rush anything and that the question of Nyssa is handled - please don't kill Nyssa. Insert worried face here.

At least next week is the episode where Sara is resurrected on Arrow. I suspect my fears over Nyssa will either be confirmed or dismissed then.

• Love 3

So the lines from that article that make me more curious are the "pick up his father's mantle and become a powerful villain" and "put on the uniform of a missing hero who once stood for justice and hope."  I mean it could be a futuristic episode, but I've never gotten the feeling that we could be on a second generation of villains and heros in the Flarrowverse.  Sure there was the Trickster on Flash and the idea that Wildcat was a vigilante before Oliver showed up.  But still, interesting.  I would say the guy who "puts on the uniform of a missing hero" would relate to Firestorm but that seems to be happening on Flash and far earlier than episode 6 of the spin-off so this has me very confused. 

Could this somehow relate to the rumors of Wally West being introduced on Flash?  Could they go to the future and have an episode set to match that newspaper headline with Barry disappears?  Did Flash fans ever conclude what the red skies in that article referred to?  It is interesting that later clips of that article said that Hawkgirl, Green Arrow, the ATOM, and Black Canary were in that fight as well.  Maybe that was more than a nod to the new show but setup for a LoT episode set in the future?

So I kind of figured something out with the whole Laurel resurrecting Sara rage over on the Arrow forums.  I am kind of in all of this for LoT now.  I mean, I still like Arrow and Flash, but I'm really all about this ensemble show.  So I'm all over here kind of like "don't care why, don't care how - just happy Sara is back."   Anyway....I noticed that they only have two females on the show as well.  If the show is considering multiple seasons while possibly changing out cast members, I hope eventually the bring another female hero in.  I love the two we have so far (and I am SO thrilled one is Hawkgirl - she was on my wish list from the very start) - but I hope they give us at least one more soon. 

Heck, is the girl on Flash who could teleport still alive (I just can't remember what happened to her in the show)?  She could be a nice addition if they want to keep up the idea that the team is both heroes and villains.  Otherwise, since they've established magic on Arrow - they might as well go ahead and give us Zatanna.

BkWurm -  I really don't think they will kill Nyssa on Arrow.  I think they like they idea of her and Malcolm being at odds and want to get some more leverage out of that, plus I suspect they will have her and Laurel have buddy time again in the future. 

Could this somehow relate to the rumors of Wally West being introduced on Flash? Could they go to the future and have an episode set to match that newspaper headline with Barry disappears? Did Flash fans ever conclude what the red skies in that article referred to? It is interesting that later clips of that article said that Hawkgirl, Green Arrow, the ATOM, and Black Canary were in that fight as well. Maybe that was more than a nod to the new show but setup for a LoT episode set in the future?

Heck, is the girl on Flash who could teleport still alive (I just can't remember what happened to her in the show)? She could be a nice addition if they want to keep up the idea that the team is both heroes and villains. Otherwise, since they've established magic on Arrow - they might as well go ahead and give us Zatanna.

BkWurm - I really don't think they will kill Nyssa on Arrow. I think they like they idea of her and Malcolm being at odds and want to get some more leverage out of that, plus I suspect they will have her and Laurel have buddy time again in the future.

The "Red Skies" headline was a reference to "Crisis on Infinite Earths," DC's first real mega-crossover which collapsed the Multiverse into a single Universe, and managed to kill off Barry Allen and the original Supergirl in the process. It was a great story (Wolfman and Perez actually read every single comic DC had ever published as part of their preparation), but it's total comics wonkery and the heroes we have available aren't nearly powerful enough to face down someone like the Anti-Monitor. You would need Green Lanterns, the Guardians and Kryptonians at least to tell that story properly.

Peek-a-Boo, the teleporting girl, was released from the Pipeline with the others but hasn't been seen since.

• Love 1

Sara and Ray IMO, will never fit. Sara should not be saddled with the dufus. Sara is a great, dark, character. After being with Oliver and Nyssa, I will never buy her with the dufus.

Sara and Ray IMO, will never fit. Sara should not be saddled with the dufus. Sara is a great, dark, character. After being with Oliver and Nyssa, I will never buy her with the dufus.

To be fair, the Arrow trailers are suggesting that Sara does come back wrong.

• Love 1

BkWurm -  I really don't think they will kill Nyssa on Arrow.  I think they like they idea of her and Malcolm being at odds and want to get some more leverage out of that, plus I suspect they will have her and Laurel have buddy time again in the future.

Killing Nyssa would be a terrible idea.  Which is why I'm still worried. 

We know that Katrina Law was only there to film during the time for episode 4-3 but Sara losing it goes on until at least 4-5 so why isn’t Nyssa around?  They’ve filmed through the crossover kind of a pilot for LoT (4-8) and still no reports of KL being in Vancouver.  So yeah, I remain worried.

Killing Nyssa would be a terrible idea. Which is why I'm still worried.

We know that Katrina Law was only there to film during the time for episode 4-3 but Sara losing it goes on until at least 4-5 so why isn’t Nyssa around? They’ve filmed through the crossover kind of a pilot for LoT (4-8) and still no reports of KL being in Vancouver. So yeah, I remain worried.

Katrina keeps posting periscope videos of her shooting that movie somewhere in middle America though, so I think it may just be a scheduling problem. Or so I hope. I'm trying to remain optimistic.

And before the season three premiere of Arrow, they talked about having already locked Caity in to do three or four episodes. They weren't lying, she was in multiple episodes, she just happened to be dead in the second one and a hallucination in the third. She also did voice work for one episode and showed up in Roy's dream. But still dead by 3-1

It's funny how I can be simultaneously bitter about her death, thrilled she's coming back and annoyed at how they are doing it.

One more day and I'll stop worrying.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4

And before the season three premiere of Arrow, they talked about having already locked Caity in to do three or four episodes. They weren't lying, she was in multiple episodes, she just happened to be dead in the second one and a hallucination in the third. She also did voice work for one episode and showed up in Roy's dream. But still dead by 3-1

It's funny how I can be simultaneously bitter about her death, thrilled she's coming back and annoyed at how they are doing it.

One more day and I'll stop worrying.

That hallucination episode was amazing acting for Caity. It's the first time I got to see her be a little crazy and it worked for me. The episode & writing was crap (but that is not CL's fault, she did her job). But I am excited how crazy they CL take it, hopefully they let her take it far. So long as that does not mean killing Nyssa. That would just be horrible for the characters & the shows, I hope the writers know better or TPTB step in & put the kabosh on it. CL being a little wild & crazy is really the only thing I am looking forward to about the resurrection plotline.

The bold statement is also exactly how I am feeling about the entire storyline.

• Love 2

Is the hallucination episode the one with the crap about some "spirit" that Laurel has that Sara lacked? Or should I, as Sara's fan, see it? I mean I was sure I've given up on Arrow after s2 but I'll probably have to tune back in tomorrow just to see her resurrection, so maybe there's some stuff I should catch up on.

As for LOT, after the last episode of Flash, I wonder if Sara and Cold could bond over their sister issues, lol.

Is the hallucination episode the one with the crap about some "spirit" that Laurel has that Sara lacked?

Yes, that's the one where Felicity tells Laurel she has a light inside her that Sara never had. *rage* I wouldn't bother watching it, personally, unless you just want to watch Caity onscreen. It did have some good Oliver/Thea bonding moments, but other than that, I thought it was terrible.

I think Sara will be super crazy until Constintine helps get her back her soul. But what I'm also getting from the interviews is Sara doesn't feel anything anymore. No emotions or anything, she feels empty inside and on Legends she's trying to feel something.

It's just a more dramatic version of the story line Sara had in s2. But I see it like most dark hero tales. They are searching for what makes them feel good while having to live in the darkness. I actually want Sara as a Constantine meets Faith Character. Someone doing good but lives on the edge. She needs friends to keep her grounded. I sometimes wish I was getting a Sara Spin off and not just a team up(unless it was a mostly female team up). But I take what I can get. Plus I love Stein and Hawkgirl has so much potential to be a favorite. I like Ray when he brings the humor. And I like Captain Cold though too much of him might get old so we'll see. And I love Rory and Arthur and his character is intriguing. 

• Love 2

Is the hallucination episode the one with the crap about some "spirit" that Laurel has that Sara lacked? Or should I, as Sara's fan, see it? I mean I was sure I've given up on Arrow after s2 but I'll probably have to tune back in tomorrow just to see her resurrection, so maybe there's some stuff I should catch up on.

As for LOT, after the last episode of Flash, I wonder if Sara and Cold could bond over their sister issues, lol.

I wouldn't watch the whole episode. If you are purely a SL fan, I would recommend FFwd through just about every scene that doesn't include SL. Also I would avoid the last few minutes of the episode if you are a SL fan. It has her in it, but its all about LL and in a very condescending way. But CL nailed the fight scenes and the crazy. And the meta statements of frustration about how they handled the SL story felt a little spot on and enjoyed that the writers dropped those statements in.

• Love 1