Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

VG appears at 2:06, and CL & CR appear at 3:55...

CTV Upfront 2015: Red Carpet Interviews With Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Stars & More
From June 4, 2015 red carpet with Murtz Jaffer

(edited)

Brandon Routh at Des Moines Comic Con on June 13, 2015...

Six degrees of Brandon Routh
3:35 p.m. CDT June 13, 2015
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/entertainment/2015/06/13/six-degrees-brandon-routh/71182546/

On his upcoming TV show, "DC's Legends of Tomorrow," which spins out of "Flash and "Arrow."

"It's like the college of DC and TV and we're adding another school. I don't think that's a really good analogy or metaphor, but I'm trying it out. Like a stand-up comedian."

BR Answers Question About Becoming an Actor

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

CL and CP taking selfie at Superman Celebration on June 13, 2015, in Metropolis, IL...

tumblr_npwvtoWzPu1te8hx2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_npwe4tJfr61te8hx2o1_500.jpg

http://gnimaerd.tumblr.com/post/121495785160/bdmc72-here-is-caitylotz-candicekp-taking-a
http://candicepattondaily.tumblr.com/post/121446078353/caitylotz-flash-and-arrow-team-up-in-metropolis

CL and CP Get Superman of Metropolis Award

More CL pics at Superman Celebration at https://twitter.com/caitylotzarmy

CHdDfM0W8AALJDD.jpg

Edited by tv echo
I hope Sara and Iris get to meet. I kind of want Sara to be on The Flash more than Arrow, mostly so I don't have to force my self to watch Arrow.

I hope that the first crossover (besides the two current leads) is actually Thea. For one there's the guilt she has over Sara, second there's the fact that both have been LPed

I hope we do get some scenes between Sara and Thea. Thea did kill her (with Malcolm using her as the weapon), she's got to be wrecked with guilt over that. I also hope after Sara sees Oliver (because it's his show) she goes straight to Thea and they have a long talk about everything, including about what they are going through having been LP'd. 

From the Hawkgirl thread

Is that happens, since they have time travel. Let them go get Lady Blackhawk from the 1940's to replace Hawkgirl. She's never been in live action.

I really hope that regardless of their plans for Hawkgirl that they bring in Zinda anyways. She's such a fun character, gunslinger instead of martial artist, kick ass driver/pilot , potential alcoholic in the fun way. I also could really enjoy the hell out of a sisterly relationship with Sara.

• Love 1

I love superheroes, so the more the better. Hawkgirl has the kind of story that could potentially make great television with good writing (they might need to bring in new writers). There's also the possibility that they're saying Hawkgirl, when they mean Birds of Prey. Unfortunately, in that case, it would probably mean the inclusion of Laurel.

I love superheroes, so the more the better. Hawkgirl has the kind of story that could potentially make great television with good writing (they might need to bring in new writers). There's also the possibility that they're saying Hawkgirl, when they mean Birds of Prey. Unfortunately, in that case, it would probably mean the inclusion of Laurel.

I disagree. Arrow, Flash, and Legends is enough. Let Hawkgirls story be told on Legends. When will this end? How many more spin offs are needed?

That's good news, imo. I don't want them to bite off more than they can chew, and if they have too many spinoffs happening at the same time, all the shows will likely suffer in terms of quality. Who knows, that may have been what happened with Arrow this season, with everyone focusing on The Flash. Although I hope not, because if it was that probably doesn't bode well for Season 2 of that, while everyone focuses on LoT.

• Love 1

Former Tomorrow People showrunner? Ouch. I've never seen that show, but what I've heard about it ain't nice.

VM history is nice, I guess, but it was a long time ago (pun intended). After that, his credits don't inspire me with confidence.

Good thing is that he hasn't written anything for Flarrow yet, which means that he, at least, could have some fresh ideas. No episode writers for those shows stand out, sadly.

Being that he was a showrunner for Tomorrow People and that got canceled in one season, it makes me wonder if he might have had an contract that the CW was still obligated to fulfill rather than someone they really wanted to bring specifically in on the project.  I wouldn't think recent failures would be invited back so readily to take over a likely signature show so quickly without something else going on.  Was Tomorrow People a Berlanti show?  If so, that would explain it but if not, yeah, maybe a way for the CW to save a penny. 

• Love 1

Being that he was a showrunner for Tomorrow People and that got canceled in one season, it makes me wonder if he might have had an contract that the CW was still obligated to fulfill rather than someone they really wanted to bring specifically in on the project.  I wouldn't think recent failures would be invited back so readily to take over a likely signature show so quickly without something else going on.  Was Tomorrow People a Berlanti show?  If so, that would explain it but if not, yeah, maybe a way for the CW to save a penny. 

It was a Berlanti show. It was not only badly written, but appeared to be dumbed down for the anticipated teenage audience. It had an absolutely toxic love triangle; and never seemed to grasp that Luke Mitchell's character was the beating heart of the show, while Robbie Amell's was a fairly stupid block of wood.

Tomorrow People might have been a good show if it had been built around Luke Mitchell, Mark Pellegrino, and the wonderful Madeleine Mantook, instead of Robbie Amell and Peyton List. And, of course, if the writing had been better. Klemmer might have a good pedigree with VM and Chuck, but TP was littered with bad decisions, lazy writing, and a stubborn unwillingness to assess which characters worked and which didn't, and adjust accordingly. His appointment as showrunner does not fill me with anticipation.

• Love 4

Berlanti seems to have a habit of bringing back people from his failed shows (Robbie Amell) or that he's had to let go for whatever reason (Caity Lotz and Janina Gavankar.)

(edited)

Apparently the following tweet appeared on the LoT Writers Room twitter page on June 25th, but then subsequently disappeared....

Hello World! Who else is super excited about Legends of Tomorrow, premiering Spring 2016 on the CW?

http://www.mstarz.com/articles/73419/20150627/dcs-legends-tomorrow-pushed-spring-2016-cw.htm

So I'm wondering if maybe they're having problems making the show's promised mid-season debut.

Edited by tv echo

They just started writing. I can't see how production delays would factor yet. I guess depending on what needs to happen on Flash and Arrow. Those shows have been writing for a few weeks.

I think it's been delayed a bit with the known air dates for the other shows on the CW.

I think Spring 2016 is being used to make it clear it will premiere during the first half of the next year. If they said Winter 2016, then people might expect a start date of November/December 2016 rather than possibly January/February. It probably will premiere during March, like so many mid season shows, but there's always a chance the network will start it during February sweeps so they'll be general until they know.

• Love 3
(edited)

It depends on when they want it to wrap up. Do they want it to finish in May with the other two, or are they ok with it running into summer like iZombie did this year? With a 15 episode season, if they want it to wrap up around the same time as Arrow/Flash does, it needs to start late Jan/early Feb in order to be able to get all its episodes in.

ETA: Both Arrow and Flash normally have 14 episode second halves. So maybe they'll start out with a two-hour premiere and then run the rest of the season more or less concurrently with the other two shows.

Edited by Starfish35
(edited)

Arrow didn't run consecutive weeks after it returned. But yeah I could see a two hour premiere. Maybe a finale too. LOT might end after the other two shows and have the team in time Flux so as not to affect the Arrow and Flash finales. Meaning even though it ends after the Flash and Arrow, in show it will be before those finales start. So all 3 cast can cross over onto each others finale episodes if need be...

Edited by tarotx

I didn't mean to imply you did. I just was trying to figure the exact weeks needed. I had a number and it didn't seem right for Spring and LOT ending with Arrow. Flash actually lasted a week longer into May So I was figuring out things. Then my post was huge so I edited before I hit post. So I was basically talking to myself when I said Arrow didn't run consecutively.

I didn't say they did.

• Love 1
(edited)

Apparently the following tweet appeared on the LoT Writers Room twitter page on June 25th, but then subsequently disappeared....

http://www.mstarz.com/articles/73419/20150627/dcs-legends-tomorrow-pushed-spring-2016-cw.htm

So I'm wondering if maybe they're having problems making the show's promised mid-season debut.

Wasn't it always supposed to premiere in Spring 2016? I thought TV followed college...Fall 2015 = September/October start. Spring 2016 = January/February start.

In my experience, Winter and Summer are usually used for Cable premieres.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Also are they going to be using those symbols for the characters?

I noticed those too; I hope they're only for marketing. I can't think of any plot reasons for them.

Well I expected that but I really would have preferred if they took a while to meet him, because I want Hawkgirl to be more established before she gets a love interest. I'm a bit way we'll get another Caitlyn/Ronnie situation where he's basically her whole story.

• Love 1