Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

Is this a spinoff of The Tomorrow People or...?

Oh god, I haven't seen TTP, but they easily can add both Peyton List and Robbie Amell here, and I've heard a lot of criticism about their acting (didn't see much of Peyton, but Robbie totally deserved that and more, he sucks as Ronnie Raymond).

Edited by FurryFury

Exactly. I think the name kind of implies the events of this show is what will make them legends.

And maybe DC doesn't want justice used.

Yeah, but the "Tomorrow" part is kinda key. They aren't legends yet.

The title sounds too much like a cross between a soap opera & a young adult book. It also has retro feel, but not in a good way. It just doesn't have the punch of Arrow or the Flash. I really hope this is just another working title. Because I don't feel like the title draws people in... its very meh.

• Love 2

I think this spin off came around because no one wanted to pick up The ATOM show. The EP's had to throw in more heroes to make the Network heads even look at their show. 

If it was always intended they could've set up better. Instead of Sara dying, she disappears, they could still have her mask land at Laurel's feet but when they go up the roof they find no trace of her. Then I could buy their half assed investigating because they have no leads and no body. Laurel keeping that from Quentin won't be as bad because they don't know if she's dead or not and don't want to put that on him. Laurel could hear people asking where the woman in black was that was protecting other women and decide to get training and continue what her sister started. Ra's could still show up to come after Malcolm and Malcolm could still have brainwashed Thea making Oliver having to depend on Malcolm and protect him to get his sister back. 

Then when Sara comes back, we can find out Rip Hunter took her to the future where she was doing something (like fighting in the wars) and they came back to try and prevent that future from happening by putting together a team of specific people that will help with that. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 13

Sakura, you rock, that would have been a great setup.  Crap, even without knowing the spinoff was coming - that would have been a great way to see season three play out.  A little air of mystery rather than gloom and depression would have made this season so much more enjoyable.  And if they didn't know what happened to Sara, we could have had a few more believable light hearted moments.

And now that I've seen Cisco with Laurel, I am really starting to think he should be the floater.  No idea if he is or not, but his interactions with Ray were great and he is tolerable with Laurel. He might do all three shows some good.

• Love 1

It could've also helped with the name thing. Being with a Time Traveler, Sara could've spent three years or so in the future by the time she comes back and is no longer going by the Canary. Her experiences in the future could've changed her and made her want to start over in a new city with a new name, one that is not from her past with the league, but for the person she wants to be in the future. She could've given Laurel her blessing and named her Black Canary in the finale. I think Laurel going by that name would've carried more weight then having her father call her that in anger. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

:(

And it would be a lot better reason for Nyssa to latch onto Laurel and train her. They would miss Sara but have no leads. Nyssa would be afraid because her need to know what happened and the missing fear/hate of not being able to find her. And Laurel would have some experience with being able to accept a missing with no body Sara. The training&bonding would give them time to build hope in each other since Sara has come back before and because she's a kick ass fighter.

And Perhaps All that happened to Sara was she was ripped from time by Rip hunter to the start of the spin off.

:(

Edited by tarotx

Yeah I didn't expect it as well, I'm just saying in general, this proportion is just too much. At least both girls will be able to fight and be in the center of the action, I'm so tired of neutral female love interests in Flarrow.

• Love 1

Pretty sure he sounds like he's going to be Cyborg. This shows budget is going to have to be massive.

Isn't Cyborg in the BvsS movie? I can't imagine them allowing 2 Cyborgs but pulling Deadshot out of Arrow for the SS movie. Honestly, if any show gets Cyborg I'd prefer it be Titans. Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I don't think they can use Cyborg. He could be Jason Rusch going by a fake/similar name until they reveal what happens to Ronnie in the Flash. Although they already had Jason on the Flash. I suppose they could've just recast the small part like they did with Sara. 

Young high school athlete who was injured and heads to Start Labs? I'm standing by that until I'm proven wrong. Unless it turns into a Ted kord is Ray Palmer thing, which could totally happen.

Eta: Deadshot is also a starring member of the suicide squad. I don't think Cyborg will be as important on BvsS.

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 2

Young high school athlete who was injured and heads to Start Labs? I'm standing by that until I'm proven wrong. Unless it turns into a Ted kord is Ray Palmer thing, which could totally happen.

Eta: Deadshot is also a starring member of the suicide squad. I don't think Cyborg will be as important on BvsS.

Cyborg has a cameo in BvsS with the intention of making him part of the Justice League movies later on. I don't see them messing with that.

Besides he sounds like Static Shock to me, which I thought when they first announced the character.

People speculated that they didn't want a teen Cyborg on Titans while they had an adult Cyborg as a founding member of Justice League, but I don't think that would forbid them from using an adult version on the spinoff.

And since they have said that Waller is NOT off the table for Arrow, I still kind of believe they pulled Deadshot specifically because of Will Smith.  I'm not saying he is an egomaniac or anything because I have never read that, but lots of fans have been very critical over that casting.  And since they cast someone so big in the part, maybe they just want to avoid his comparison to a television version.

Anyone know who Jay Jackson is in comics?

I tried a search and pulled up nothing. 

Pretty sure he sounds like he's going to be Cyborg. This shows budget is going to have to be massive.

It's the most obvious option but yeah, I thought they'd snag him for the Titans spin off or the movie universe.  Could they just create their own version of Cyborg without calling him Cyborg?  Arrow has original characters.  Why not Team Justice? 

• Love 1

If Morrigan is right and their not allowed to use Victor Stone, I could easily see them just making him Cyborg in everything but name. Because honestly I don't see Black Lightning being on the table.

If Morrigan is right and their not allowed to use Victor Stone, I could easily see them just making him Cyborg in everything but name. Because honestly I don't see Black Lightning being on the table.

Funny. As soon as I learned Static Shock wasn't an option I figured you were right and it will be Cyborg.  LOL

They've announced Rip Hunter and Hawkgirl, but are keeping Caity and this new guy's role a mystery. That has to be for a reason, CL's makes sense being that her character is dead. Why is the new guy a mystery? I don't think he's going by the character name he's going to be playing. 

They've announced Rip Hunter and Hawkgirl, but are keeping Caity and this new guy's role a mystery. That has to be for a reason, CL's makes sense being that her character is dead. Why is the new guy a mystery? I don't think he's going by the character name he's going to be playing. 

He might be the other half of Firestorm, if RA is out. If they kill Ronnie at the end of the season, they could use the character of Jason Rousch (sp?). They might just be calling him Jay Jackson for now; kind of like how they were calling CL Lisa before they revealed she was going to play Sara.

Edited by Lokiberry

Not too fond of the title but the line up & casting is looking good. Who is going to be in charge of this? Please dont say Marc Guggeinhem,  I would also really prefer brand new people than any of the Arrow producing trio. If only Geoff Johns would be interested in this, this sounds like a DC universe promotion, its good for their company .

The title sounds too much like a cross between a soap opera & a young adult book.

Lol. To me its sounds like a video game. 

Why is the new guy a mystery? I don't think he's going by the character name he's going to be playing.

Maybe Jay Jackson is really his name?, then they can make him  Cyborg lite in everything but name only. Like how Arrow & The Flash  added original characters like John Diggle, Tommy Merlyn,Eddie Thawne, Joe West etc, this show could have a mixture of established and original characters too. Maybe?

Edited by Conell
  • Love 1

Not too fond of the title but the line up & casting is looking good. Who is going to be in charge of this? Please dont say Marc Guggeinhem, I would also really prefer brand new people than any of the Arrow producing trio.

I think Marc Guggenheim is going to be heavily involved since they brought a co-EP onto Arrow for next season to free up some of his time.

• Love 1
I think Marc Guggenheim is going to be heavily involved since they brought a co-EP onto Arrow for next season to free up some of his time.

Thanks for info. Well there goes half of my hope and excitement.

Not that they can't have original characters, but this 'Jay Jackson' seems odd, because everyone else is an established character from the comics. And it seemed they wanted a certain Black hero character from the original description.

Sara's not an established character from the comics. She is established on Arrow though. I still think that "Jay Jackson" is a fake name, since they haven't revealed who he's playing yet. 

• Love 1

From Deadline:

The most attention at the CW is going to Julie Plec’s Cordon and the Tales From the Darkside. And of course the Arrow-Flash spinoff series, which has a 3-minute presentation ready for the upfronts.