Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E11: Breaking Mad

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Hallelujah, Rachel!  It isn't a good idea for an addict to be going out drinking every night, and it's always a good thing for someone to be pointing that out on one of these shows.  It felt like we were getting to watch Madison grow up this episode and face the consequences of her actions.  Tony is not a nice guy, though.  I hope she took a moment when the cameras weren't around to threaten him or something.  They're going to be on Battle of the Exes III, and it is going to be terrible to watch.  I thought from the way he was smirking that the flowers were from him, but I guess that's just his face.

Jason's excitement was cute, but it's hard to watch someone celebrating their baby being born while they're on the Real World.  I'm choosing to believe that the baby just showed up a week or two earlier than expected, and I don't want to know if that isn't the truth.  They should have planned for his skeleton to come sooner, though.  At least they don't have that much time left in the house.  Watching them meet was really sweet.  I'm also glad they showed him supporting her head eventually.

I'm glad the guys are most likely going to come back to a house that is just as messy as it was when they left.  I hate how little respect the casts show the houses, but everyone should have to clean.  The guys seem to be the source of most of the property damage, anyway.

• Love 2

I see way too many people being accused of being int he closet. Nothing he has done makes him being in the closet seem logical at all. I don't think he's gay, I think he has no game. Two different things.

Tony went from 0 to bitch real quick when those flowers showed up. Karma at no joke.

I couldn't take all the crying in this episode. I was glad to see Madison and her sister reconnect but enough with the crying.

Nicole going to NYC to be a EMT was mad random. They didn't bother following her or anything. There was also no set up for it. A cast member actually goes out into the real world and does something important (seemingly) and the crew rather tape the girls twerking.

At least Bruno didn't turn into a rage demon this week. Although, I hate shit like the pranks. Because any other time, he would have thrashed the house if someone had did that to him. But, it's okay to fuck with other people. Anyways!

• Love 3

This episode was pretty good because it dealt with real issues. It doesn't get any more real than fatherhood. While I think Jason will be a great dad, and it was touching to see both his reaction to the news and how cute he was with his baby daughter, I still don't understand why he quit his job to be on The Real World. He should have continued working at the car dealership and bringing in income to help prepare for his baby's arrival. He should have also been there for the pre-birth preparations and the birth itself instead of going out, getting drunk, and trying to get laid on The Real World.

As embarrassing as Jason drunk dialing his baby mama was, he really lucked out. If one of those women would have accepted his invitation to come back to the house for a bang, he could've been banging a hoochie when he found out about being a dad, and that would have been on TV for his daughter to watch in 15 years. Having sex with another woman while your child is born just sounds bad. That would've been hilarious if Tony or Bruno would've interrupted him during sex to tell him he's a dad. Jason certainly means well, and Yolanda, the baby's mama, seems cool, but I imagine her family views him as not much more than a sperm donor at this point. The fact that he has to call to find out that she had the baby speaks volume about the closeness of their relationship. It seems like he would've known about the labor as it was happening if he was sufficiently involved. I know this Real World experience was all about sowing his wild oats one last time for him, but IMO that's selfish and that phase is over once the words "I'm pregnant" are uttered.

Well, at least, Tony didn't bang Madison's sister. I definitely thought he'd try when she walked in because she's stunning IMO. Then again, she's not Tony's type because she's not crazy. Kudos to Rachel for astutely observing that Madison has just replaced her drug abuse by self-medicating with alcohol. Drug and alcohol abuse are such selfish endeavors, and it's important for Madison to realize how badly she has hurt people in the past. Her stepfather was right on with his advice, and Rachel seems really cool too. I wonder why or how Madison veered off the right path. I do have hope for Madison and think she's a good person at her core, but she must sever ties with dysfunctional relationships and stop trusting the wrong people. Tony is definitely going to break her heart and we will see them ad nauseum on future Challenges. I'm interested in seeing who the roses are from. I'm thinking that it won't be her ex, but maybe that guy she was hanging out with earlier in the season. It's great to see Tony jealous and get a taste of his own medicine. Two can play at this game, pretty boy!

I would've much rather followed Nicole to her EMT job in Brooklyn than watching those lame-ass pranks. I think watching a cast member do a real job that wasn't set up by production would've been illuminating. Saving lives for a living is interesting stuff, and I would've like to tag along as a viewer and see how Nicole is with her co-workers and patients.

I'd be interested in finding out the overall damage the cast has done to the house. Every time they break something they should say, "Put it on my tab." I'm sure the damage is worth well into the thousands and I'm also sure that production won't see a dime of it paid back to them. These kids come into the house with such entitlement issues, and who knows if they'll ever learn about personal responsibility and respecting others? I'm not thinking so at this point.

Edited by jmonkey

I'd be interesting in finding out the overall damage the cast has done to the house. Every time they break something they should say, "Put it on my tab." I'm sure the damage is worth well into the thousands and I'm also sure that production won't see a dime of it paid back to them. These kids come into the house with such entitlement issues, and who knows if they'll ever learn about personal responsibility and respecting others? I'm not thinking so at this point.

I'm sure that in seasons past, the damage was taken out of their paycheck.  It is, afterall, fully documented.

Everyone was pretty nice to Jason for drunkenly waking them up with his news. Do they have to sleep with the light on like they're in Guantanamo or something? That would make me crazy. I liked Madison's little sis. She definitely learned from Madison's mistakes more than Madison has.

• Love 1

I'm sure that in seasons past, the damage was taken out of their paycheck.  It is, afterall, fully documented.

I remember someone talking about breaking stuff for fun and having to pay a big bill during their season's Shit They Should Have Shown special.  I want to say it was the Austin cast.  I think it came up in Las Vegas 2 when Adam was destroying everything when he got drunk.

I really enjoyed this episode. It was nice to get away from the drunken drama. Plus, this is probably the best we'll get in terms of Real World dealing with real issues.

I was happy to see Madison reconnecting with her sister, who seems to have some wisdom beyond her years. I also thought she was cute but I feel weird saying that since I feel like she's like 5 years younger than me.

It was also nice to see Jason with his daughter. That was cute.

The cast members definitely pay for anything they break in the house.

Jason with his daughter was adorable, but why bring the wolf pack? Maybe the comment above about the mother's family seeing him as a sperm donor is correct, and he felt the need for some support.

Madison never thought about who she hurt while using? Damn, this girl is beyond oblivious.

Add me to the list of people who would have rather seen Nicole working as an EMT.

Madison never thought about who she hurt while using? Damn, this girl is beyond oblivious.

Addicts never do.  At least not when they're using.  In that moment it's all about them and getting their fix. 

My nephews' mom can be the nicest person in the world and probably is, but when you steal from your kids and pawn their stuff to go buy drugs.. and vanish for DAYS you're one eff'ed up person and you don't give a shit about anyone. No matter how many times you try to apologize. 

I'm curious as to why Nicole had to leave for her job as well.  Maybe annual training or something?? And maybe her employer did not want it to be filmed, which is possible.  Very interesting thought that she got to leave and go home. 

And also interesting that MTV ponied up 3 plane tickets for Jason to go see his baby - why couldn't he go alone? 

My how this show has changed!! Although I kinda like it. I like how they aren't shut off from the rest of the world during the entire season.  They get to go online and check things out.  Do they also get to watch tv on the computer?? Seems like in the computer room they are sometimes watching stuff. 

They're going to be on Battle of the Exes III, and it is going to be terrible to watch

Terrible, but also kinda great, no? When it comes to battle of the exes, the most interesting ones are the ones who had real relationships. And I will feel a little bit bad for Madison, but not very, because she's had ample warning. She knows what's ahead.

(edited)

Rooting for Jason but he's going to support his daughter selling cars?

Just gotta defend my friends who sell cars for a living and yes, IF he's good at it he probably can. Some of the better ones make around $80k/year, at least in this area. Beats a lot of other things I can think of.

ETA: but not if he quit his job.. I feel like I somehow missed most of this episode because I didn't remember that. I think I was folding socks and underwear while I listened in (which tells you how invested I am in the show at this point).

Edited by NikSac

Just gotta defend my friends who sell cars for a living and yes, IF he's good at it he probably can. Some of the better ones make around $80k/year, at least in this area. Beats a lot of other things I can think of.

ETA: but not if he quit his job.. I feel like I somehow missed most of this episode because I didn't remember that. I think I was folding socks and underwear while I listened in (which tells you how invested I am in the show at this point).

He quit his job to do the show, and it sounds like it's the same employer wanting him back when he's done.  I'd take that to mean he was good at it.

• Love 1

Jason's baby sure is cute.  Too bad Jason was more concerned about being on a TV show than being there for the pregnancy and birth.  I always thought that was kinda dickish.  Pfft!  

I agree with Madison's sister and glad she made the point to Madison that drinking like that isn't okay for someone who is an addict.  A drug is a drug is a drug.  Madison doesn't see it.  As long as she isn't using heroin than she thinks she is A OK.  Nope.  Not.  I also think that she is someone who flocks to relationships for some kind of security and validation.  Tony can be as much of a dickbag as he's shown himself to be, but as long as he comes back to her and gives her any kind of attention, she'll be sitting there and waiting.  It's all very sad.  Madison needs rehab and a recovery community much more than she needs to be on The Real World.

And speculation on who sent flowers to her.  If that is her ex, I am PISSED at MTV.  Madison made the choice to cut him out of her life and it is a decision that is good for her recovery.  People, places and things y'all.  I will be especially pissed since the flowers say to meet at a certain time and to come alone.  So if that is him and he has to go into that meeting blind, she also can have no support with her.  I hope I am wrong...and it's someone else, but well....MTV stopped caring about the well being on the people on its show a long time ago.  

• Love 1

I recently saw Nicole on an episode of Say Yes To The Dress, shopping for one of her sisters. My theory is that her trip back home for "work" was actually to film that episode.

I can't stand Madison. Complete attention whore. Ugh, I hope she just goes away. I'm so sick of her whining and crying.