Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Surprise!

• Start Topic

I'm not sure I understand why LisaR should abstain from alcohol.  She is not an alcoholic; Harry's brothers were.  I think teaching how to drink responsibly is a good idea, but I don't see why she has to abstain.  I don't think we've ever seen her even close to drunk on the show.

I'll tell you why, for many there is no way to drink responsibly for people who have inherited a lack of adequate beta endorphin. So, for some it starts with the idea it is acceptable to drink at all and then they can't control it because the brain chemistry they are born with takes over. Alcohol is our most dangerous drug it kills more people than tobacco, heroin and crack cocaine. Just two drinks is enough to greatly increase your risk of becoming a victim of violent crime or of committing a violent crime.

Hang on, just so I'm clear--are you saying that LisaR is in no position to comment on Kim's situation because drinks socially? I'm not using Brandi's definition of social drinking by the way.

I personally don't think there's even a hint of LisaR being someone who is incapable of drinking responsibly (unlike Kim and Brandi) so I don't see why LisaR shouldn't be able to give her opinion especially since she's seen Kim under the influence for herself. This wasn't gossip, this was Lisa getting a first hand account of how Kim behaves when she's high. I don't see why she shouldn't be well within her rights to not only comment on the reality of the situation but to also have the courage to say 'Hey, that shit's not okay."

• Love 10

I actually thought this episode was okay - if Brandi wasn't there it would have been so much better and although, I hate saying this because I was such a fan of Kim Richards in her Hello Larry days but she is mean.

So from this episode I have realized that Brandi is just a mean asshole.  She is mean sober and mean drunk - she is mean with friends and enemies - she is just a jealous skanky mean bitch.  She was nasty in her attitude at the party - so she can't blame her drinking. 

I think the rest of the women can say bitchy things but Brandi is the only one who consistently goes to the nasty low-blows jabs.  Like LisaV's couple of jabs, not so nice but she doesn't make it her every sentence so I found it funny.

I feel sorry for Kyle having such a snake as Kim - I would like to blame it on her addiction but I suspect that Kim is just as mean as Brandi and that is why they get along so well.  And how exactly does being born into the same family mean you have to give up your husband, kids and life and drop everything to support your aggressively mean alcoholic sister who has continuely screwed up her own life or you are called non-supportive. Support comes in many ways....Brandi is really an idiot - she is a nasty, mean and devoid of basic humanity piece of work - and the sad part is - that is what she is chosing to present to the world through this show.  Sad.

• Love 13

What are the odds that we see alcoholism and drug addiction run in families but there is no heritable nature. I have seen it skip generation but occur in grandparents that addicts have never even met. Uncles, aunts that they have no contact with. It is not a moral issue.

and to clarify,  I think people are defensive about, and rightly so,  a larger implication that they need to fall in line with some diffuse abstinence requirement as sort of part of social fabric and confusion between health and ideologically prescribed living.  Yes? No?  Ok, maybe I over-read the whole conversation.

• Love 3

Here's in Kim's own words is why she felt she needed someone to turn to in times of trouble besides her sister Kyle: 

Talking Head Kim-I knew Kyle had concerns for me that night (poker night/Eileens) so I went into the bathroom with Kyle and it just had a very familiar feeling to me.

Flashback 3-Years Earlier/Game Night Bathroom

Kim-I've been having very horrible panic attacks.

Kyle-Panic attacks?

Kim-Like my heart is out of my skin. I haven't eaten or slept in seven days.

Kyle pokes her head out of the bathroom to tell the other ladies "We'll just be another minute."

Cast member says, "Don't worry take your time."

Kim-I'm losing my balance, I can't see people---I can't hear. Kim fumbles in her bag looking for something.

Kyle- You look good...let's go. Your taking too long and it looks rude.

Talking Head Kim-Kyle feels there's something wrong, to make more of a spectacle of the situation...especially after three years of sobriety. I'm disappointed.

This is the reason Brandi was trying to keep Kim away from Kyle...worried the issue would escalate.  But it was too late the cameras caught the limo ride with Kim/LisaR and the poker game banter.  Kim acting high as a kite was on record.  There was little Brandi could do to protect her friend.  Brandi only caused more pandemonium since Kyle wanted an explanation of why Kim was upset with her...if only Kyle would have let Brandi & Kim leave things may have been different between the sisters.

Edited by RealityTVSmack1
  • Love 1

I wonder if she is singing the same tune after watching the episodes. Brandi has talked about Kims sobriety or lack there of more in the last two episodes then Kyle has on all the years on the show.

Based on who she chooses to blast in her blogs, and who she chooses not to blast, it would appear that Kim is blind to Brandi's "Machiavellic" machinations, blind to Brandi outing her fall off the wagon to everyone including to Jennifer the Addictions Counselor and to LisaR in order to deflect from Brandi's own drinking problem.  Kim also seems to think it's perfectly fine for Brandi to tell her and the cameras how wasted and incoherent Kim was at Eileen's party on the way home after, and all of Brandi's talking heads.

• Love 7

I have thought Kim was high on camera several times through out the years. The one that comes to mind immediately is the turtle conversation. Wish I could see that again because at the time I thought "damn she is high as a kite". Kim has really lucked out that her "wacky, zaney medication mix ups" has flown this long. Didn't beleive it then and I don't beleive it now.

Honestly, the fact that this is the season where they're finally going on an intervention-ish route for Kim makes me suspect that her behavior has been unacceptable in other ways that we haven't seen. 

• Love 6

Kim acknowledged her middle of the night calls to Brandi but not once to Kyle's face did she acknowledge Kyle accepting her middle of the night calls.  Just like the way Kyle cold dissed Kim in the bathroom many years ago.  There's Kim complaining her hearts beating out of her skin, she hasn't eaten or slept for days and all Kyle is worried about is looking "rude to the other cast members" on game night.  Kim actually refers to not wanting fake concern for her...fake concern from Kyle.

There is nothing anywhere on the show to indicate Kim ever made a middle of the night call to Kyle so there is no way Kyle could accept or reject one.  Kim's little dramatics and exaggerations-"I haven't slept or eaten in seven days, my heart is beating out of my skin," well if she was so sick why did she show up?  Kim was late, and stoned and rude.  Kim followed Kyle into the bathroom this time and there were no cameras this time.  Kim is most likely a lot sicker then she is letting on if she is having flashbacks from being in a bathroom.

• Love 9

Hang on, just so I'm clear--are you saying that LisaR is in no position to comment on Kim's situation because drinks socially? I'm not using Brandi's definition of social drinking by the way.

I personally don't think there's even a hint of LisaR being someone who is incapable of drinking responsibly (unlike Kim and Brandi) so I don't see why LisaR shouldn't be able to give her opinion especially since she's seen Kim under the influence for herself. This wasn't gossip, this was Lisa getting a first hand account of how Kim behaves when she's high. I don't see why she shouldn't be well within her rights to not only comment on the reality of the situation but to also have the courage to say 'Hey, that shit's not okay."

All I am saying is you are either sober or you are not. Some people can handle drinking on occasion or even more frequently. There are others however who that first high sets them on chasing that endorphin and actually down regulates the natural production so that it becomes very difficult to stop using. Lisa's kids have genetic uncles that not only had drinking problem, they, by her own words drank themselves to death. If I were her, I wouldn't even socially drink and explain to the girls that there is a possibility that once they even start to drink they have an increased risk of being unable to easily control it and for them, I wouldn't want them to consider social drinking something I indulged in or approved of.

and to clarify,  I think people are defensive about, and rightly so,  a larger implication that they need to fall in line with some diffuse abstinence requirement as sort of part of social fabric and confusion between health and ideologically prescribed living.  Yes? No?  Ok, maybe I over-read the whole conversation.

That's is fair statement but the hypocrisy of these people is outrageous to me. Shouldn't Kim then have  have a level of abstinence of her choosing and what she wants to discuss about her lack of sobriety because as I said before, none of these ladies are sober....none? Why is it their business anymore than it is really none of my business how Lisa Rinna raises her children. That is the point, there is plenty judgment that can be applied to all of these bitches.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 2

Brandi is part of Kim's support system and Kyle's not...that's the plain as the nose on Bravo's face fact.

How is this plain? Because the lying liar who lies - Brandi - says it's true?

Kim has said several times so far that Kyle has supported her. She has said that Kyle isn't always available when she wants/needs her. Who knows what this means to Kim? This is the girl who contended for 2 seasons that Brandi owed her an apology for Game Night. Was that reasonable to anyone? 

When I think of Kim and her many low moments, I am reminded of the S3 party that Lisa held. It was right after that horrible Faye came up to Lisa and made the claims that Lisa got Brandi to do her dirty work. Tensions were running very high. After a tense exchange that included Brandi, Lisa, Faye and Yo, with all of the other ladies standing around, folks began to move away and get over the drama. Kim then started - literally out of nowhere - telling Kyle that she hadn't supported her or fully understood how much Brandi had hurt her on Game Night. This was full year after Game Night. This was after Brandi had apologized more than once to Kim. This was after Kim and Brandi had made up and had nice moments in Paris. Yet here Kim is, crying and screaming at Kyle that she didn't fully support Kim vs. Brandi. That Kyle wasn't empathetic enough to Kim with regard to how hurt she had been. Kyle was incredulous that Kim was bringing this up at this particular moment. She kept saying "I know how much she hurt you, I know how hard it all was". But Kim just wouldn't let it go. Kyle was so frustrated. She finally said something like "we've been over all this so many times. Can't you just let it go?".  It was at that moment that I fully realized the drain that Kim had been on Kyle for years. Over and over again. I can imagine the same scene playing out at birthday parties, at Thanksgiving dinner, etc. Kim reminding everyone of all the slights, or all the ways that she had been wronged and not protected by everyone else.  It must be exhausting. 

• Love 20

If Brandi was really her friend, why would she not arrange a sit down with both Kim and her best bud Jen the Sober House girl? Off camera too. The reason is that she either doesn't really care about her or she knows that Kim doesn't want to be helped and just doesn't want to go there with her. But it irritates me that Brandi has a good resource in Jen, and yet all we see when they talk is Brandi cutting her off and not letting her speak. I bet if she shut up for a "hot minute" she would hear a lot of really  helpful advice for her BFF Kim. And maybe that would include something about how Kyle has probably done all she can and is doing all she can, and Kim's issues are not her fault. It sounded like she wanted to say that a few episodes ago, and Brandi of course cut her right off.

Edited by ElsieH
  • Love 11

I have thought Kim was high on camera several times through out the years. The one that comes to mind immediately is the turtle conversation. Wish I could see that again because at the time I thought "damn she is high as a kite". Kim has really lucked out that her "wacky, zaney medication mix ups" has flown this long. Didn't beleive it then and I don't beleive it now.

You think she was high that day, that's funny because IIRC that was the same day that Kim and Kyle traipsed over to Taylor's house to discuss with Taylor her drinking problem.
  • Love 4

All I am saying is you are either sober or you are not. Some people can handle drinking on occasion or even more frequently. There are others however who that first high sets them on chasing that endorphin and actually down regulates the natural production so that it becomes very difficult to stop using. Lisa's kids have genetic uncles that not only had drinking problem, they, by her own words drank themselves to death. If I were her, I wouldn't even socially drink and explain to the girls that there is a possibility that once they even start to drink they have an increased risk of being unable to easily control it and for them, I wouldn't want them to consider social drinking something I indulged in or approved of.

My question was really more about LisaR weighing in on Kim's issues. As far as LisaR and Kim, do you think that this means that LisaR should be unable to give her own opinion on Kim's situation because LisaR doesn't completely abstain from alcohol?

• Love 2

Honestly, the fact that this is the season where they're finally going on an intervention-ish route for Kim makes me suspect that her behavior has been unacceptable in other ways that we haven't seen. 

I believe you can call BINGO with that post.

We're only seeing minimal footage from this (and every season).

Who knows how many actual real-life hours these women spent in Kim's company when she was whacked out on "a pain pill" (snort) and what else might have been going on.

Sure, maybe nothing more than we're seeing.

But there's always that season 1 production blog where they spill the tea about how much of Kim's bullshit they chose to leave on the cutting room floor and it sounded like there was a whopping amount of footage the viewers didn't see.

Laws of average, I'm guessing (besides from the admittedly relatively short poker night gathering) there could be a lot more lost footage we won't be seeing any Bravo "lost footage" episode after the reunion.

Bitch that I am, I no longer give a rat's ass about Kim, her life, her sobriety or anything else she brings to this show.

She's apparently hell bent on destruction and, hey, that's entirely her prerogative, but she needs to stop signing up for this show and inviting viewers to watch it go down.  And then chastising anyone who dares to comment on her captured-on-film shenanigans.  

FULL DISCLOSURE:  If she goes into full blown "I'm ready for my close up, Mr. DeMille" mode or breaks out into her own rendition of "I've Written a Letter to Daddy," I'll be tuning in.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 10

In the bedroom talk between Kyle and Kim...Kim explains to Kyle that besides the 2 AM call there were middle of the night calls to Brandi during the last 6 month period.  Kyle, Brandi and Kim have not disagreed about the 2 AM call.  

What does Kim calling Brandi in the middle of the night have to do with Kyle?  We only have heard of one call and one issue.  Brandi's singular and plural vacillate.  There was a call that worried her. 

• Love 3

You think she was high that day, that's funny because IIRC that was the same day that Kim and Kyle traipsed over to Taylor's house to discuss with Taylor her drinking problem.

I personally think she was on pills that day.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time we've seen Kim's hypocrisy (not to mention her lies). I'm really glad that this episode showed the flashbacks of Kim freaking out on LisaV for asking her if she'd taken a sleeping pill or something because according to Kim if she'd taken a single sleeping pill that would mean that she'd relapsed and Kim wanted everyone to know just how seriously she was taking her sobriety. Kim consequently makes a fool out of herself on the trip to Paris so then comes up with the story that she mixed up her pills and accidentally took a water pill which was responsible for making her behavior so weird during the trip. 

So we've seen Kim straight up acknowledge that one pill = having a relapse but now it's suddenly different when she's being called out for falling off of the wagon. 

• Love 6

My question was really more about LisaR weighing in on Kim's issues. As far as LisaR and Kim, do you think that this means that LisaR should be unable to give her own opinion on Kim's situation because LisaR doesn't completely abstain from alcohol?

That's not what I said. Common courtesy would have Lisa R refraining from her ramp up on the problems of a woman she hardly even knows. I can see a comment to Kyle saying look, Kim seemed off but that's not all she has done. She has exploited it and it looks like she is going to be on some receiving pay back later from Kim. I think she couldn't be any less full of shit than Kim is.

• Love 2
Bitch that I am, I no longer give a rat's ass about Kim, her life, her sobriety or anything else she brings to this show.

She's apparently hell bent on destruction and, hey, that's entirely her prerogative, but she needs to stop signing up for this show and inviting viewers to watch it go down.  And then chastising anyone who dares to comment on her captured-on-film shenanigans. 

FULL DISCLOSURE:  If she goes into full blown "I'm ready for my close up, Mr. DeMille" mode or breaks out into her own rendition of "I've Written a Letter to Daddy," I'll be tuning in.

I have been hoping with each new season, especially after the meltdown with Kyle a few season back, that Kim does not return to the show. Personally, I don't think it's good for her mentally or physically. But my concern for her has long since past, as she signs on for each new contract. I usually FF through Kim and Brandi's scenes, but I agree that if she does do  full on  Baby Jane or Nora Desmond, I'll be watching 

• Love 3

Here's in Kim's own words is why she felt she needed someone to turn to in times of trouble besides her sister Kyle: 

Talking Head Kim-I knew Kyle had concerns for me that night (poker night/Eileens) so I went into the bathroom with Kyle and it just had a very familiar feeling to me.

Kyle-Panic attacks?

Kyle pokes her head out of the bathroom to tell the other ladies "We'll just be another minute."

Kim-I'm losing my balance, I can't see people---I can't hear. Kim fumbles in her bag looking for something.

Talking Head Kim-Kyle feels there's something wrong, to make more of a spectacle of the situation...especially after three years of sobriety. I'm disappointed.

This is the reason Brandi was trying to keep Kim away from Kyle...worried the issue would escalate.  But it was too late the cameras caught the limo ride with Kim/LisaR and the poker game banter.  Kim acting high as a kite was on record.  There was little Brandi could do to protect her friend.  Brandi only caused more pandemonium since Kyle wanted an explanation of why Kim was upset with her...if only Kyle would have let Brandi & Kim leave things may have been different between the sisters.

Yea, but does it make any sense for Kim to say in her TH, which is filmed far later than the actual scene, that she had a "familiar feeling" when she walked in the bathroom with Kyle? 

First of all, she is the one who went into the bathroom with Kyle at the Poker Game. Kyle didn't seek her out. And how could she have had a familiar feeling, when she told Brandi in the car that she didn't really remember what had just happened. She asked Brandi what all the drama was about and Brandi said "you".  She also told Kyle when she came to visit her after her 5/7/9 day hospital stay that she didn't remember what had happened that night because she took a pill.  Her saying in her TH interview that she was feeling like another Game Night was going on is total and complete bullshit. She didn't have any familiar feeling. Kyle was trying to tell her to cover her microphone and she said "I don't care". She had no idea what was going on and the only feeling she had was that of being high. She knew nothing until Brandi told her that she thought that Kyle was trying to turn her bad night into Kyle's storyline. 

• Love 10

Out of the mouth of Kim it is Brandi who is supporting her, not Kyle:

Transcript of Conversations Between Kim / Brandi and Kim / Kyle

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills - Season 5: Episode 12 - DRAMA QUEENS

Talking Head Kim-You need to make time with the people you love and I feel sometime my sister doesn't have enough time for me and it hurts my feelings. Because sometime I really need her.

Talking Head Kim-I consider Brandi one of my closest friends and I love that she's supporting me through this. Because I need that support right now. I don't need any fake support or fake stuff, you know?

Well it is up to Kim to express those feelings to Kyle so she can make time or include her.  Why is it everyone seems to be the one needing to contact Kim?  Why can't Kim go to Kyle's for a visit?  When will Kim ever arrive early at Kyle's and offer a hand during a party? 

• Love 8

That's not what I said. Common courtesy would have Lisa R refraining from her ramp up on the problems of a woman she hardly even knows. I can see a comment to Kyle saying look, Kim seemed off but that's not all she has done. She has exploited it and it looks like she is going to be on some receiving pay back later from Kim. I think she couldn't be any less full of shit than Kim is.

That's why I was asking just so that I could be clear. I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. 

I think common courtesy would have at least made Kim apologetic for her behavior in the car ride. Since she wasn't I can see why Lisa wants to emphasize how not okay Kim was during that car ride. It was a huge red flag and Kim wants people to downplay it because it would mean facing up to her behavior. LisaR OTOH wants people to recognize that Kim might very well be in a dangerous place and that it would be wrong of her to downplay what happened.

LisaR comes across as a lot more straight forward and honest than Kim does so IMO Kim is the one who seems like she's full of shit here whereas LisaR is responding to Kim's bullshit. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 7

How is this plain? Because the lying liar who lies - Brandi - says it's true?

Kim has said several times so far that Kyle has supported her. She has said that Kyle isn't always available when she wants/needs her. Who knows what this means to Kim? This is the girl who contended for 2 seasons that Brandi owed her an apology for Game Night. Was that reasonable to anyone? 

When I think of Kim and her many low moments, I am reminded of the S3 party that Lisa held. It was right after that horrible Faye came up to Lisa and made the claims that Lisa got Brandi to do her dirty work. Tensions were running very high. After a tense exchange that included Brandi, Lisa, Faye and Yo, with all of the other ladies standing around, folks began to move away and get over the drama. Kim then started - literally out of nowhere - telling Kyle that she hadn't supported her or fully understood how much Brandi had hurt her on Game Night. This was full year after Game Night. This was after Brandi had apologized more than once to Kim. This was after Kim and Brandi had made up and had nice moments in Paris. Yet here Kim is, crying and screaming at Kyle that she didn't fully support Kim vs. Brandi. That Kyle wasn't empathetic enough to Kim with regard to how hurt she had been. Kyle was incredulous that Kim was bringing this up at this particular moment. She kept saying "I know how much she hurt you, I know how hard it all was". But Kim just wouldn't let it go. Kyle was so frustrated. She finally said something like "we've been over all this so many times. Can't you just let it go?".  It was at that moment that I fully realized the drain that Kim had been on Kyle for years. Over and over again. I can imagine the same scene playing out at birthday parties, at Thanksgiving dinner, etc. Kim reminding everyone of all the slights, or all the ways that she had been wronged and not protected by everyone else.  It must be exhausting. 

For the last 6 months only, Kim talks about relying on Brandi for support.  It's not unusual that some sisters have friends they confide in more than sister.  In this case Kim is saying she prefers to rely on Brandi rather than Kyle because Kyle's is busy. Brandi going off on Kyle (Eileen's driveway) shows her frustration in being the only support for Kim the last 6 months. Brandi wanted to hurt Kyle. Brandi tells LisaR at lunch that she didn't sign up for this, she felt bad that Kim told her she was her best friend, but she couldn't drop her.

Brandi resents that she is the one Kim calls in the middle of the night instead of Kyle.  Kyle has a big support system with plenty of friends, but doesn't have the time for Kim's stress calls.  Kyle tells Eileen at LisaV 's B-Day party that she just doesn't have time for Kim.  By the way Kim could be calling about other issues, not necessarily alcohol/drug addiction.

• Love 1

I have been hoping with each new season, especially after the meltdown with Kyle a few season back, that Kim does not return to the show. Personally, I don't think it's good for her mentally or physically. But my concern for her has long since past, as she signs on for each new contract. I usually FF through Kim and Brandi's scenes, but I agree that if she does do  full on  Baby Jane or Nora Desmond, I'll be watching 

You can sit by me in the first class section on that trip to hell in my handbasket, poetic.  

I personally think she was on pills that day.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time we've seen Kim's hypocrisy (not to mention her lies). I'm really glad that this episode showed the flashbacks of Kim freaking out on LisaV for asking her if she'd taken a sleeping pill or something because according to Kim if she'd taken a single sleeping pill that would mean that she'd relapsed and Kim wanted everyone to know just how seriously she was taking her sobriety. Kim consequently makes a fool out of herself on the trip to Paris so then comes up with the story that she mixed up her pills and accidentally took a water pill which was responsible for making her behavior so weird during the trip. 

So we've seen Kim straight up acknowledge that one pill = having a relapse but now it's suddenly different when she's being called out for falling off of the wagon. 

Thanks for this, avaleigh.  

I had forgotten all about her self-righteous indignation about her behavior on that trip and the ensuing rant about her sobriety.

Interesting especially when contrasted with her attitude about her sobriety (or lack thereof) this season.  

• Love 7

I think that the dynamics of this show are interesting right now, specifically the attitudes about Kim's and Brandi's drinking.  It's a good illustration about how confused people are about alcoholism, and even whether it's actually alcoholism or just heavy drinking.  As usual, I felt that Eileen had the smartest/wisest outlook, even though she left most of the arguing to the others.  Unfortunately, I am bored stupid with the subject since we spent an entire season on Kim's drinking problem.  If only for the sake of the viewers, I wished Bravo's writers had something else on which to focus!

I had a strange reaction to Kim tonight, something that was new to me.  I actually wished that I could shake her until her eyes crossed and tell her to stop acting like the child star in her pitiful baby voice and settle this drinking on her own!  Pack up the pity, and grow up, lady!!!

I'm glad they're headed for Amsterdam.  I think someone wallops someone else across the face, don't they?  That should be exciting after the constant Kimmy whining, although it did look more like a love pat than a wallop.  Oh, geez, I just remembered -- I hope Kimmy takes a different pillow from the one she dragged to Paris!!!  Ewwww!!!  I can pretty much guarantee that Yo won't offer to hold it!  *snicker*

Edited by Lura
  • Love 3

Kyle-Panic attacks?

I am sorry but Kim forced her way into the bathroom.  Which BTW the reason I know Kim was bombed is because after seeing the hurt on her sister's face she said, "I am sorry if I offended you," and then proceeded to follow Kyle to the bathroom, against Brandi's wishes.  (Kim actually used the word sorry.)  Some time had passed between the bathroom and Kim getting upset because Kyle had made her way into the kitchen, it was than and only then that Kim decided Kyle made her uncomfortable.  Kim had not even told Brandi what Kyle had said.  A drunk Brandi was acting like a bouncer shepherding Kim about and barking orders.  When Kyle et al., suggested she stay for a slice, Kim was coherent enough to say she wanted to get back because Monty had come home.  (We all know now that Monty had taken photos of Kim in her Poker Night attire. ) It was Kim's snappy, uncalled for comment that started the commotion.

Once they were in the driveway Brandi had no business repeatedly interrupting the sisters' conversation and grabbing Kyle's arms.  it was Kyle's walking away after Brandi said ghetto that prompted Brandi's outburst about how she was the only one there for Kim.  So that whole exchange was on Brandi.  Brandi wanted a fight and Kyle wasn't going to give her one. Kim was capable of talking to her sister and a great deal of the conversation we did not hear. There was no need for Brandi to intervene.

One thing we also know-Brandi wasn't in any hurry to get Kim home-she went back in the house and started talking to Eileen and Vince about her sister.  Kim, especially after watching the episode should have been able to see that she was over reacting.

• Love 6

I think that the dynamics of this show are interesting right now, specifically the attitudes about Kim's and Brandi's drinking.  It's a good illustration about how confused people are about alcoholism, and even whether it's actually alcoholism or just heavy drinking.  As usual, I felt that Eileen had the smartest/wisest outlook, even though she left most of the arguing to the others.  Unfortunately, I am bored stupid with the subject since we spent an entire season on Kim's drinking problem.  If only for the sake of the viewers, I wished Bravo's writers had something else on which to focus!

I had a strange reaction to Kim tonight, something that was new to me.  I actually wished that I could shake her until her eyes crossed and tell her to stop acting like the child star in her pitiful baby voice and settle this drinking on her own!  Pack up the pity, and grow up, lady!!!

I'm glad they're headed for Amsterdam.  I think someone wallops someone else across the face, don't they?  That should be exciting after the constant Kimmy whining, although it did look more like a love pat than a wallop.  Oh, geez, I just remembered -- I hope Kimmy takes a different pillow from the one she dragged to Paris!!!  Ewwww!!!  I can pretty much guarantee that Yo won't offer to hold it!  *snicker*

I agree with this to some extent. Kim and only Kim can fix it and sometimes the pushback actually makes people like her dig in and not deal with the repercussions. Battle lines are drawn.

• Love 1

For the last 6 months only, Kim talks about relying on Brandi for support.  It's not unusual that some sisters have friends they confide in more than sister.  In this case Kim is saying she prefers to rely on Brandi rather than Kyle because Kyle's is busy. Brandi going off on Kyle (Eileen's driveway) shows her frustration in being the only support for Kim the last 6 months. Brandi wanted to hurt Kyle. Brandi tells LisaR at lunch that she didn't sign up for this, she felt bad that Kim told her she was her best friend, but she couldn't drop her.

Brandi resents that she is the one Kim calls in the middle of the night instead of Kyle.  Kyle has a big support system with plenty of friends, but doesn't have the time for Kim's stress calls.  Kyle tells Eileen at LisaV 's B-Day party that she just doesn't have time for Kim.  By the way Kim could be calling about other issues, not necessarily alcohol/drug addiction.

However, even Kim had to acknowledge in her blog that there are other people that she can turn to for support. She listed three or four girlfriends in addition to Monty so I sort of felt like she was putting it out there that Brandi is kind of putting extras on the situation by making it seem like she's feeling all of this pressure wrt being Kim's friend.  

Total change of topic but regarding Lisa and Mohammed--did they ever date or know each other prior to Lisa meeting Ken? Just curious, not suggesting anything lol. 

Also, what is with Brandi picking branches and flowers at Lisa's restaurant?

• Love 3

What does Kim calling Brandi in the middle of the night have to do with Kyle?  We only have heard of one call and one issue.  Brandi's singular and plural vacillate.  There was a call that worried her. 

There was more than one night call Brandi made to Kyle about Kim. In the RHOBH Season 5: Episode 12,  entitled DRAMA QUEENS it is talked about. Kim mentions middle of the night calls to Kyle and Brandi speaking to Kim mentions, "Kyle, where were you all those night calls she (Kim) was having trauma and I called you."

Kyle-Is there something in the night your talking about, I don't know that? You haven't shared that with me.

Kim-It's not just the night, it's the middle of the night.

Back to Couch Scene-Brandi & Kim:

Brandi-Kyle,where were you "all those nights she was having trauma and I called you" and you were like, "I can't help you." That's the Kyle I remember. The Kyle that said, "It's just Kim." You know what I'm like mmmmm.

Talking Head Kim-You need to make time with the people you love and I feel sometime my sister doesn't have enough time for me and it hurts my feelings. Because sometime I really need her.

• Love 1

However, even Kim had to acknowledge in her blog that there are other people that she can turn to for support. She listed three or four girlfriends in addition to Monty so I sort of felt like she was putting it out there that Brandi is kind of putting extras on the situation by making it seem like she's feeling all of this pressure wrt being Kim's friend.  

Total change of topic but regarding Lisa and Mohammed--did they ever date or know each other prior to Lisa meeting Ken? Just curious, not suggesting anything lol. 

Also, what is with Brandi picking branches and flowers at Lisa's restaurant?

I believe Brandi said to LisaR how she was sad Kim told her she was her best friend and it was heavy on her shoulders. On the episode Kim was blogging about, it may have compelled Kim to make herself  appear less needy.  So by adding a few friends and Monty she's able to save face by telling viewers she has other friends.  

Sorry I don't know much about Mohammed except that LisaV has mentioned she's close to both him and his children.  The children are Yolanda's also.  Yolanda seems to get upset when not being invited to LisaV's special events, lol we never hear the end of it. Yolanda and Ken were not fans of each other last season.

It looked like both Brandi and LisaR had a fascination for the flowers...they were beautiful.   I suppose LisaV paid for them and wasn't about to allow anyone, especially Brandi, from removing even one of them.

• Love 1

I felt a bit uncomfortable with the anti Brandi antics last night, but then I got a few looks at her sourpuss face during the party, her snarling at Mohamed/Lisa and, hey, it's a wash. About time she got some of her own medicine. And she can miss me with her sudden revelation that maybe she isn't the greatest friend for Kim right now. I'm glad Jenifer called her out on all the crap.

I agree I'm ready for this to move on. Kim's deflection, and now we see actual overt hostility coming up on the previews, are getting old. Now that everyone's intervened to the max possible, let's get on with something else. Maybe Bravo can send her a wake-up call in the form of "Dont show up unless you're sober," but I'm ready for the rest to be off camera. Not wanting to see her continue to self destruct on screen.

I'm pretty sure Brandi and Yo were wearing the same dress. Brandi makes me nuts, but she looked awesome.

• Love 4

The previews for next week perfectly illustrate why it's a bad idea to ignore the obvious signs that Kim has relapsed. She is truly an unpleasant person to be around when she is in this state. (Honestly, she's even hard to be around when she's supposedly sober.) When people wonder why viewers think her behavior is so terrible, it's because of ongoing behavior like this. 

Has Kim ever not been an unpleasant pill while the women are on vacation? She sucked in both Hawaii and Paris, she was a crying sad sack in Ojai, in Palm Springs she was all sensitive when people didn't get why she was praying by the trash bin, in Puerto Rico she was supposedly found in a state of undress in addition to being wasted, and now in Amsterdam it seems like she's going to get into it with Kyle, LisaR and who knows who else. I guess the only time when Kim was somewhat tolerable was during the trip to Colorado and that's because Taylor decided that she wanted to be the one who was drunk and stupid that day.  

• Love 8

On a totally unrelated note, Kathy Hilton seemed off to me.  I think this is the first time I remember her on this show with a smile (it seemed forced, imho) instead of being...kind of a dark vortex.  It was weird.

She seemed unsure of herself and almost ..... nice?  It was weird.  Usually she's barking out orders and insults.  For the first time I realized that when she opens her mouth, the sound of Martha Stewart's voice comes out.  It helps with her image of being cold and mean.

So Brandi is doing a cleanse with Yolanda and can't drink alcohol for 21 days. Now, she may not be shaking and going through serious DTs, but the first thing she said to Yo was that she misses it and finds life "boring". To me, that indicates SOME sort of a problem with alcohol. She may not be Kim level bad, but she has a concerning relationship with alcohol, that's for sure. 

And it was only day four!  The only time I found four days without alcohol  boring was my freshman year in college.

• Love 11

Why doesn't Brandi tell Kim to call someone else if she can't handle it?  It is not Kyle's fault Kim has elected to call Brandi instead of her.  Kyle wasn't saying she didn't have anytime for Kim-she isn't able to be there 24/7 for Kim because she has four children and a husband, business etc., etc..  Somehow I see that as healthy.

From what Kim has said the call was about a third party and not about sobriety.  Brandi is the one bringing up the sobriety issues.  Whoever the third party is has apparently resolved the issues Kim was upset over.

• Love 3

Oh, geez, I just remembered -- I hope Kimmy takes a different pillow from the one she dragged to Paris!!!  Ewwww!!!  I can pretty much guarantee that Yo won't offer to hold it!  *snicker*

I think Brandi will get "The Pillow Duty" this time. Or rather "The Doodie Pillow".
  • Love 6

That's not what I said. Common courtesy would have Lisa R refraining from her ramp up on the problems of a woman she hardly even knows. I can see a comment to Kyle saying look, Kim seemed off but that's not all she has done. She has exploited it and it looks like she is going to be on some receiving pay back later from Kim. I think she couldn't be any less full of shit than Kim is.

Did you feel Lisar was out of line in how she spoke to Kim at the script reading? I'm not meaning to be challenging here, I'm interested in your view of it. It seemed to me that in the initial group around Kim when she was doing the cry voice over Monty and her fear of isolating herself, that Lisar tried to empathize and make some of the problem something they had in common. She nodded, talked about how she did that self-isolating thing, too, turned to Eileen and brought her into it - it seemed like a great group discussion tactic to me to try and share part of the problem, let Kim know that people understand and relate to what she's experiencing. Kim kind of rolled right over it, though. Then, in the one on one discussion by the kitchen island, Lisar was just quietly talking to Kim about getting to a meeting or - paraphrase here - "doing whatever we need to do so that you don't feel so alone." For her trouble that time, what Lisa got in return was Kim making faces and saying "Blah, blah, blah." I don't know. That just seemed outrageously rude to me on Kim's part. She was a total asshole there to a woman she flat out owed an apology to in the first place. And Lisa, unlike most of these women, has not at all been kvetching about the apology she's owed. Did those conversations read very differently to you?

Edited by Found A Peanut
  • Love 15

There was more than one night call Brandi made to Kyle about Kim. In the RHOBH Season 5: Episode 12,  entitled DRAMA QUEENS it is talked about. Kim mentions middle of the night calls to Kyle and Brandi speaking to Kim mentions, "Kyle, where were you all those night calls she (Kim) was having trauma and I called you."

Kyle-Is there something in the night your talking about, I don't know that? You haven't shared that with me.

Kim-It's not just the night, it's the middle of the night.

Back to Couch Scene-Brandi & Kim:

Brandi-Kyle,where were you "all those nights she was having trauma and I called you" and you were like, "I can't help you." That's the Kyle I remember. The Kyle that said, "It's just Kim." You know what I'm like mmmmm.

Smack, it means nothing to me.  Kyle asks if there is something in the night you haven't shared with me.  Kim's response is -the middle of the night.

Kyle has never confirmed there multiple calls from Brandi.  And Kyle has denied she said she could not help her or that is just Kim.  Brandi doing one of her telltale looks as if someone is lying won't work.

I appreciate you keep pulling these excepts up by they are cut and splice jobs. Brandi never had a true conversation with Kyle. The three women need to be in the same room, allegedly sober and speak to what happened. The real deal will come at the Reunion when the number, an agreed nature of the calls and what was relayed can be discussed or someone will write a coherent blog.  I do not believe there is anything in the late night phone call(s) that Kyle could have handled.   Kyle can't handle a problem if (a) she doesn't know about and (b) once she finds out she is sworn to secrecy.   Being there for someone is not handling a problem.

Most of all Brandi will have to concede that bringing up the late night nature of the phone calls cast more of a blot on Kim than Kyle.  THen they can move on to who is more offended, and who knew and who said what.

• Love 10

Well it is up to Kim to express those feelings to Kyle so she can make time or include her.  Why is it everyone seems to be the one needing to contact Kim?  Why can't Kim go to Kyle's for a visit?  When will Kim ever arrive early at Kyle's and offer a hand during a party? 

Because Kyle doesn't serve chicken salad?? 

• Love 7

I think that is because you never see it unless her butt is encased in heavy duty Spanx.... Lisa is like Truvy and Claree from Steel Magnolias - her thighs never go out of the house without Lycra on them....    ;-)

That's because "[Lisa was] brought up right." ;-)

• Love 5

I agree I'm ready for this to move on. Kim's deflection, and now we see actual overt hostility coming up on the previews, are getting old. Now that everyone's intervened to the max possible, let's get on with something else. Maybe Bravo can send her a wake-up call in the form of "Dont show up unless you're sober," but I'm ready for the rest to be off camera. Not wanting to see her continue to self destruct on screen.

I wish they would move on, too, but we still have Amsterdam to go.  And with Kim already off the wagon, I have no doubt she will have more pill "mix-ups" and "wacky ole Kim" behavior so this will never end.  Kim is a substance abuse powder keg when traveling, with or without dirty pillows.

• Love 7

I believe Brandi said to LisaR how she was sad Kim told her she was her best friend and it was heavy on her shoulders. On the episode Kim was blogging about, it may have compelled Kim to make herself  appear less needy.  So by adding a few friends and Monty she's able to save face by telling viewers she has other friends.  

Sorry I don't know much about Mohammed except that LisaV has mentioned she's close to both him and his children.  The children are Yolanda's also.  Yolanda seems to get upset when not being invited to LisaV's special events, lol we never hear the end of it. Yolanda and Ken were not fans of each other last season.

It looked like both Brandi and LisaR had a fascination for the flowers...they were beautiful.   I suppose LisaV paid for them and wasn't about to allow anyone, especially Brandi, from removing even one of them.

Brandi also went on ad nauseam about Kim's pressure over the wedding was corrected as well-Kim said it was her biggest joy.  So I do think Brandi tends to exaggerate and it was not okay for her to say Kim did not have many girlfriends.

• Love 5

No, Yolanda won't, but Brandi, Kim's new BFF, AND the one who originally outed the stained pillow will be there for Kim and all her belongings!! 

• Love 2

Why doesn't Brandi tell Kim to call someone else if she can't handle it?  It is not Kyle's fault Kim has elected to call Brandi instead of her.  Kyle wasn't saying she didn't have anytime for Kim-she isn't able to be there 24/7 for Kim because she has four children and a husband, business etc., etc..  Somehow I see that as healthy.

From what Kim has said the call was about a third party and not about sobriety.  Brandi is the one bringing up the sobriety issues.  Whoever the third party is has apparently resolved the issues Kim was upset over.

Hope everyone involved gets the help they sorely need. Personally this is not a entertaining show anymore.  It's drug rehab and twisted sister's class 101.

Brandi also went on ad nauseam about Kim's pressure over the wedding was corrected as well-Kim said it was her biggest joy.  So I do think Brandi tends to exaggerate and it was not okay for her to say Kim did not have many girlfriends.

Brandi said Kim told her she was her best friend...never heard only friend.

• Love 2

Did you feel Lisar was out of line in how she spoke to Kim at the script reading? I'm not meaning to be challenging here, I'm interested in your view of it. It seemed to me that in the initial group around Kim when she was doing the cry voice over Monty and her fear of isolating herself, that Lisar tried to empathize and make some of the problem something they had in common. She nodded, talked about how she did that self-isolating thing, too, turned to Eileen and brought her into it - it seemed like a great group discussion tactic to me to try and share part of the problem, let Kim know that people understand and relate to what she's experiencing. Kim kind of rolled right over it, though. Then, in the one on one discussion by the kitchen island, Lisar was just quietly talking to Kim about getting to a meeting or - paraphrase here - "doing whatever we need to do so that you don't feel so alone." For her trouble that time, what Lisa got in return was Kim making faces and saying "Blah, blah, blah." I don't know. That just seemed outrageously rude to me on Kim's part. She was a total asshole there to a woman she flat out owed an apology to in the first place. And Lisa, unlike most of these women, has not at all been kvetching about the apology she's owed. Did those conversations read very differently to you?

Couldn't possibly agree with this more.

I thought all of the women in attendance were being kind and gracious with their treatment of Kim.

And what does Kim do?

She acts like...Well, Kim.  

An unapologetic, ungrateful, self-absorbed twit would require the jaws of life to get her head out of her ass.

If I were these women, I'd realize I said all I could and just wash my hands of this bitch and her issues.  

Sink or swim, Kim.  

Or hop on the next magic carpet ride to Honalee.  

• Love 19

Smack, it means nothing to me.  Kyle asks if there is something in the night you haven't shared with me.  Kim's response is -the middle of the night.

Kyle has never confirmed there multiple calls from Brandi.  And Kyle has denied she said she could not help her or that is just Kim.  Brandi doing one of her telltale looks as if someone is lying won't work.

I appreciate you keep pulling these excepts up by they are cut and splice jobs. Brandi never had a true conversation with Kyle. The three women need to be in the same room, allegedly sober and speak to what happened. The real deal will come at the Reunion when the number, an agreed nature of the calls and what was relayed can be discussed or someone will write a coherent blog.  I do not believe there is anything in the late night phone call(s) that Kyle could have handled.   Kyle can't handle a problem if (a) she doesn't know about and (b) once she finds out she is sworn to secrecy.   Being there for someone is not handling a problem.

Most of all Brandi will have to concede that bringing up the late night nature of the phone calls cast more of a blot on Kim than Kyle.  THen they can move on to who is more offended, and who knew and who said what.

ZMom, Brandi mentions multiple phone calls in front of Kim and she did not correct Brandi. Kyle just wants to know the content of the calls to Brandi also meaning there was more than one. So we have three corroborating there were multiple calls.

Thank you the transcripts are available to everyone..the links are in the last episode. 

• Love 1

Kim took this RH gig for two reasons.  The first, to have some money coming in.  The second, and seemingly most important one to her?  To get her name and face back out there, because she's wanted to resume acting, and get role offers.

Discussing her addiction issues won't help with that second one.  We don't know if she discusses them OFF the show, with anyone else. 

It's a disconnect to me that anyone watching thinks Kim is obligated to share with the world about her demons, it is called Alcoholics Anonymous after all.  Yes, they share parts of their lives, and the others are sharing the parts they want you to see, so Kim doing the same seems her right.  I can't imagine knowing "fans" are screaming "she's still an addict!" is going to reduce any stress in her life, and stress is often a trigger for using.

I get your point and tend to agree to a large extent.  She's not obliged to share her demons with us, although I'd say she does and has, repeatedly, and will probably continue to do so.  I'm certainly not looking to have her beg forgiveness of anyone.  I find her a great, big crashing bore, drunk or sober.  What I don't dig is her continuing to be dishonest about what's she's up to.  I realize that we all view her through our particular prisms but I don't believe her when she insists that she's sober and it's made the show damn near impossible to watch because her whole sad story has become the central impetus. 

"I'd been super stressed out at home dealing with Monty.  The whole thing had left me sad and strung out, feeling lost and alone.  I took a pill when it was foolish to do so and ended up getting trashed, which y'all saw in that episode.  I'm sorry about the whole thing, especially since I was looking forward to an evening out."  Not impossible to do -- and would have been sufficient for this housewife here.  I'm not looking for her to drag herself around in sack and ashes, begging for anything. Just cut the crap so that the show doesn't now seem to require the intervention of Sherlock Holmes in order to make even the most basic sense. If you don't want people speculating about what you're up to, stop acting like a zonked out lunatic, and then insisting that it was just a wee pain pill and that everyone else is being mean, mean mean. 

By the same token I'd be okay with "After careful consideration, I've decided I don't have any addiction issues and that I'm better off doing my thing, my way."  Cool! Go for it.  Whatever, honestly.  Live your life, Kim, the way you want to!  

That she can't even get it up long enough to come up with first bit of dialogue, either in a talking head or on her blog, and that that bugs me is, I guess, on me.  But I do resent it and, at this stage of sheer exasperation, I'm looking into other Tuesday night options.  None of these women are really all that fascinating but to have the dullest and most messed up gal of the entire bunch -- yes, even including Brandi -- basically take over the enterprise confounds me.  Playing coy and being flirty and did I or didn't I with BS is okay, I guess, but her problems aren't beanbag and her seeming lack of a real sense of responsibility in presenting her issues is gross.  If she wants to be private about what concerns her, it would be great to pursue that privacy off camera. 

For me, it's also pretty clear that she doesn't give a hoot or a holler about what the viewing audience thinks or doesn't think.  Why should she, really?  If the folks who know her and line up to get her autograph, lost souls, were to start asking her what in hell is up with her in person, that might make a brief dent.  The rest of us don't exist. 

• Love 7

No, I think the constant talking about to the others is just too much. I think Brandi is also doing it. Kyle and Lisa V. have been much better at least on screen. I was fine with Eileen until last night and it just seemed so fake. I think KIm knows Lisa V, doesn't like her and it does sound like blah, blah, blah when people are showing fake concern. Kim has been a total asshole, they all have except Eileen as of yet at some time or other. Bravo is never going to tell any of them to not show up unless they are sober. That is exactly what they hope for. Incapacitation is the whole point. Who can be out of control and say something or do something the rest of the ladies can hone in on and exploit. Just drop it, most of them become inebriated and make fools of themselves at one point or another.

• Love 4

Hope everyone involved gets the help they sorely need. Personally this is not a entertaining show anymore.  It's drug rehab and twisted sister's class 101.

Brandi said Kim told her she was her best friend...never heard only friend.

Nor did I write only friend.  Brandi said Kim didn't have many girlfriends to Lisar..

• Love 3

Nor did I write only friend.  Brandi said Kim didn't have many girlfriends to Lisar..

Here's the whole quote...Brandi mentions both...so we are both correct. What upset Brandi however, was the best friend designation.That's what made her sad and put a lot of pressure on her shoulders...not that Kim does not have a lot of girlfriends. I'm the one who said I didn't think Brandi was her only friend.

Brandi-"It's hard, hard for me cause it's not something that I signed up for. Kim came to me and said she does not have a lot of girlfriends and she told me I'm her best friend and it makes me sad. That puts a lot of pressure on my shoulders. I am not the best person, I'm not a therapist, I'm not a sober companion. I am none of those things. It's hard for me, I can't change who I am to take care of Kim. But at the same time I can't just let go of her."

Read more: http://realitytvsmack.com/thread/500/transcript-sisterly-love-s5-e13#ixzz3S9AMEHJ6

That's why I was asking just so that I could be clear. I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. 

I think common courtesy would have at least made Kim apologetic for her behavior in the car ride. Since she wasn't I can see why Lisa wants to emphasize how not okay Kim was during that car ride. It was a huge red flag and Kim wants people to downplay it because it would mean facing up to her behavior. LisaR OTOH wants people to recognize that Kim might very well be in a dangerous place and that it would be wrong of her to downplay what happened.

LisaR comes across as a lot more straight forward and honest than Kim does so IMO Kim is the one who seems like she's full of shit here whereas LisaR is responding to Kim's bullshit. 

I can't even begin to imagine how hellish/frightening that car ride was for Lisa R and then to see Kim drugged up again, although not as wacked out, at the next event was even more alarming to her, Lisa R, IMO.

In all these transcripts you have done, no where in there has Kim said that Kyle refused to help her or refused to support her. She says that Kyle does not have enough time to always be there for her, no one has enough time to be there for Kim 24/7, not even Brandi.

And if Kim is choosing to turn to Brandi instead of Kyle, that is on Kim, it is not Kyle's fault/decision and should not be held against Kyle.

Kim is not drinking, she is popping pills and that is a part of the problem. She claims she is sober because she is not drinking and since she will only admit to being an alcoholic, when she gets high popping pill, especially those not prescribed for her, she feels that she can still claim sobriety. Kim's addiction, IMO, has never alcohol but has always been either in pill or powder form and until she admits this, she will never even begin to get sober. JMO

• Love 16