Type keyword(s) to search

Happily Ever After: Relationships Are Hard

• Start Topic

yeah I want some Charming family angst as well - I just don't want them to destroy Snow and Charming in the process

It's too late for me.  As someone who actually really likes Snowing, David especially and his relationship with Emma, I'm just ready for them for next week.  The previews alone make me really angry.  I'm already in full hatred mode.  And David yesterday going all "maybe Ursula turned Hook..."  WTF dude?  People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stone and such.  No leg to stand on.

If this is as bad as I think it is, then Snowing need to drop the holier than thou attitude.

• Love 3

From the episode thread:

So Regina asks Emma to track down Robin after she (Oh, I'm sorry. The Evil Queen) threw a fireball at him during a bad dream. Why didn't you guys think of that in the first place?! Why are we suddenly now thinking of ways to contact Robin? You didn't think to give him your phone number at the town line? You didn't want to quick give him a cheat sheet on how to use e-mail? Over six weeks, you never once thought of using the scroll to cross over and contact him?

Perhaps the reformed Regina didn't want to disturb their family unit, thinking that Robin and Marion might have fallen back in love. If you're never going to meet again (presumably), it was better to make a clean break. I don't think Emma had that light-bulb moment with the Scroll until the 4B premiere.

I don't think Regina thought they might have fallen back in love because Robin basically laid his heart out to Regina on that park bench. Even when he was leaving the town line in tears, he was about to say "I love you," but Regina cut him off and said "I know." I could see a reformed Regina not wanting to disrupt the family unit, but does that mean she's now not reformed when she's asking Emma to try and contact him? I guess my big issue here is with the unrealistic writing of the pairing over the six week break. It's a big stretch for me as a viewer to accept that Emma just happened to think of the scroll idea when the Queens of Darkness rolled into town, but not during the month and a half period of helping Regina find her happy ending. I understand that there was a rush to get Marian to cross the town line quickly before she froze to death so trading phone numbers might have been tricky, but it still seems farfetched that Regina wouldn't have asked Emma to track Robin down some time before this past episode to see if he was okay. I would have accepted a throwaway line from Emma like "You know I've tried that several times already" to make it seem like they were working hard at this during the hiatus. The way that scene and the dream sequence played out just seemed out of place in the episode, almost like it should have been placed into a flashback that occurred during the six week hiatus.

If and when Regina and Robin ever reunite for real and not in a dream, it's going to be hard for me to feel any emotional payoff because we haven't been shown much of either of them truly fighting that hard to stay in contact with each other. I'm not even talking about Regina trying to get back together with him, just showing her contemplating sending an e-mail or a messenger bird would have sufficed. She could have backed away from it, but at least the audience could see she's not spending 24/7 looking at a book all the time.

I could see a reformed Regina not wanting to disrupt the family unit, but does that mean she's now not reformed when she's asking Emma to try and contact him?

I think she's asking Emma to try to find Robin now because Regina thinks the dream is an indication that Robin Hood is in danger. 

No arguments about this being horrible writing.  But out of all the crap we've been given in 4B so far, I guess to me, it's further down my list.  I was really hoping to never see Robin Hood ever again.

I think it would have been nice to see what you suggested, maybe Regina holding the scroll and being really tempted to leave to find Robin and then stopping herself.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

The ease of Rumple's return undermines the whole ending with Robin. It's one thing for Robin to go with Marion initially when he really did need to be with her and Roland. But given that he was so over her, he barely cared about her dying and she didn't want to be with someone so indifferent to her, Robin/Regina and maybe Emma and Belle (just because they're nice) should have been figuring out how to set up Marion in a comfortable life in the nearest town in Maine and then working the joint custody plans with Robin back in Storybrooke and Marion near by.

Ooof, Outlaw Queen. My OTP will always be Regina + Happiness, so if the writers are bound and determined that she can only get that with Robin, then I'll find a way to love them, but man did the writers do their best to sink that ship! I get where the idea for each beat of the relationship came from, but I will never understood why they thought it would be romantic to see someone be completely apathetic to his returned-from-the-dead wife being frozen alive. Tortured by a divided heart is romantic in a soapy melodramatic way. Being so over a former true love that you no longer care if they live, die, or are melted is not!

• Love 1
Tortured by a divided heart is romantic in a soapy melodramatic way. Being so over a former true love that you no longer care if they live, die, or are melted is not!

Exactly. Not to mention that Marian is the mother of Robin's child, so you'd think he'd care at least a little bit for Roland's sake.

• Love 4

So, I'm kinda curious as to what everyone's thoughts on August and August/Emma are.  And no, not in that way. I've only ever seen them as platonic and essentially familial.  These two have something unique in common with each other, and I really think it's given Emma a lot of insight, understanding, and frankly, forgiveness when it comes to where she and August stand now.  Both of these kids were thrust into roles neither were prepared for; given responsibilities and expectations that they couldn't help but be overwhelmed by.  I've never held it against August that he ran away as a young boy.  Truthfully, I would have been overly skeptical if he'd stuck around and remained true to the "mission."  Does anyone know a 7yr who could successfully accomplish something like protecting and caring for an infant, while simultaneously raising her up to remember her past and be the savior, AND personally remain selfless, brave, and true?  *headdesk*

Both of them grew up in the land w/o magic - alone.  Is it little wonder they were aimless and somewhat self-centered?  I mean, if you don't look out for yourself, no one else is going to do it.  Emma had learned that the hard way, repeatedly.  And then we have the effects of this world on their intrinsic character traits and past experiences.  Emma is cynical and emotionally withdrawn, with walls sky high.  August is purposeless, lives in the moment, and really doesn't care about anyone's gratification but his own.  I don't think one's lot is worse than the other's.  It just is what it is. 

Do I agree with how August handled the whole Emma/Neal/prison thing?  Noope.  And at this point in time, it was all done to get her to break the curse, so that he would stop turning into wood.  He's still a pretty selfish prick.  But he didn't really know Emma personally, and it's easier to do that to someone you won't have to face again.  But he did have to face her, because even in Storybrooke, Emma didn't believe.  So August had to go there and do the job himself.  I think this is where things began to change for him.  He got to know her and he reconnected with his past.  He found out he had some serious regrets and amends to make.

I don't feel that he's gotten the best characterization from the writers, but I do feel like he's paid for his transgressions.  We gripe in this show a lot about choices not really having consequences, but they have in August's case.  Selfless, Brave, and True was a clusterf!#% of an episode, but it did bring him full circle (or tried to).  I really like seeing Eion come back over this most recent 3-epi arc.  I've always had a fondness for adult!August, and I think Emma does too.  You could tell that she was very glad to have him back.  And they share a level of closeness and understanding she does't have with anyone else.  Who else around town has grown up alone and lost, and frankly, outright running from their destiny?  Hard times don't foster good decisions, and Emma knows this.  I don't think she's every really taken it personally that he jacked 20K from her, or that he "told" Neal to abandon her in prison.  Because if Neal actually had a spine, he should have told August to take a hike. (You know Killian would have straight-up told him to sod off and would have probably punched his lights out for suggesting it).

Anywho, that was really long and rambling.  But just some thoughts I had.  I've really liked their friendship, and just wondered what other's thoughts were on it.  I shall leave you with this gif set, which perfectly showcases August's personality, and why I love him: Heehee

I adore August. I can't really put into words why. Maybe it is because I feel sympathy for the little boy he was who was ripped from his father and sent into this world completely alone with the heavy burden of keeping this tiny defenseless baby on the straight and narrow when he himself was, in terms of life experience, not much older than Emma.

In terms of Emma and August, I remember that when he was first introduced, I shipped it. When he took her on the "date" to the well, I'm reasonably sure I actually said, "OMG just kiss her already!" out loud. But then when it was revealed that he was essentially her big brother, I no longer shipped it and frankly, I think it's better that way. I do think the two of them can relate to each other in a way that no one else can because they both grew up alone in this world.

Even though I did kinda want to see Emma deck him for his part in the whole sending her to jail business, I d'aww-ed at their reunion. Because it was sweet and really, Emma needs friends. August needs friends. The two of them are buds, and it's cute.

• Love 1

I kind of wanted Emma to punch August, but he's the closest thing she has (or HAD, pre baby Neal) to an actual brother. I was surprised that I wasn't mad or indifferent at seeing him again, but was happy that he and Emma got a little reunion. So, I think I do like August after all. He can be kind of shady at times, but he had a lot to deal with, growing up alone and away from his father and trying to look after Emma at the same time.

So, I'm kinda curious as to what everyone's thoughts on August and August/Emma are.  And no, not in that way.

I'll be frank: I really, ​really did not like August's character in the first and second seasons. I think part of it was because I was still reeling from Graham's death and August just felt like Pretty Boy 2.0 to fill that hole, but I also felt like he never gelled with the main cast. Every scene he had with Emma just seemed forced upon by the writers. So color me shocked that I actually quite enjoyed his appearance in the last episode. I don't know if I could handle him being a recurring character again, but I wouldn't mind Emma having another (platonic!) friend in town. Right now, it seems like her only friends at the moment are her parents, her boyfriend, her son, and Regina. That's kind of a sad list if you think about it.

Edited by Curio

They were one of my brotps back in season 1. I was mad when he appeared to be completely forgotten about in season 2 until that oh so wonderful way they wrapped up his storyline.

They never had a romantic vibe to me. I liked his older-bro/cool-uncle/whatever-you-want-to-call-it relationship with Henry though.

I like Eion Bailey a lot (he was in Band of Brothers, and only that is enough for me to love him) but I never really liked August, something was off about him. So I'm not sure if I want him to stick around. And, while I think Emma needs friends that are not her family, her boyfriend or Regina, I would prefer it if those friends hadn't messed up her life.

• Love 2

I shipped Emma and August back in the day (before Selfless, Brave, and True). I thought I would be angry at adult August's reappearance, but I was pleasantly surprised. I liked the Emma/August reunion. Emma should have punched him in the face maybe, but if she forgave Neal and Regina, what August did was far down in the scale of wrongs. Even if his reasons were selfish in coming to Storybrooke, he did help Emma to believe, and tried to make amends. So, I'm rooting for him to not revert back to a child. The cast is too bloated for him to make a regular appearance, but the occasional cameo would be nice. Let him live in off-screenville with Red and Whale and Tink the rest of the time.

I'm pretty neutral when it comes to August, but I like Eion. For some reason I just had a thought that maybe if he turns back into a little boy, he can give his motorcycle to Hook. I'm not sure why I thought of that...

• Love 1

I didn't ship August and Emma.  I wanted to knock August for what he had done to Emma and how he was just a plain selfish character.  My leg is turning to wood?  I need to find Emma and fuck up her life even more than it already is.

He sort of grew on me afterwards and I liked their interaction in 415.

• Love 2

How can we make this happen? Photoshop, anyone?

I've actually seen a manip of this on tumblr! Probably why the idea popped into my head. But I don't remember who made it, and did a quick search, and couldn't find it. :( I will try looking again later.

So, I'm kinda curious as to what everyone's thoughts on August and August/Emma are.  And no, not in that way. I've only ever seen them as platonic and essentially familial.  These two have something unique in common with each other, and I really think it's given Emma a lot of insight, understanding, and frankly, forgiveness when it comes to where she and August stand now.  Both of these kids were thrust into roles neither were prepared for; given responsibilities and expectations that they couldn't help but be overwhelmed by.  I've never held it against August that he ran away as a young boy.  Truthfully, I would have been overly skeptical if he'd stuck around and remained true to the "mission."  Does anyone know a 7yr who could successfully accomplish something like protecting and caring for an infant, while simultaneously raising her up to remember her past and be the savior, AND personally remain selfless, brave, and true?  *headdesk*

I don't see them ever having a romantic relationship but I do like the friendship between the two of them, jail time and all.  Growing up alone in the world leaves a mark and it's something the two of them share that no one else really does.  I want Emma to have a friend that understands why is is the way she is without her having to explain it.  I do find it interesting that out of the non-villians the 3 most guarded and somewhat damaged characters are pre-Storybrooke Emma, August and Neil and they just happen to be the 3 that had to grow up alone in another land.  I do wonder if the writers did that on purpose or if it was just a happy accident but either way, it's completely believable to me.

The relationship that really interest me is adult August and Gepetto.  Because adult August should be pissed.

It would be nice if adult August and Gepetto get to have at least one scene together. It was touching near the end of season one when August thought he'd failed and was likely dying, and he went to go work with Marco, even though Marco had no idea who he was. As I recall, Gepetto didn't find him after the curse broke until just before he "died." So it would be nice for them both as adults to have some honest interaction now that they both know who they are. I don't expect them to keep him as an adult, due to actor availability (then again, it's not like we see that much of the kid version, or of any other character who's not critical for that particular episode, since it's getting to the point where I think they keep the entire population locked in the tunnels under the library and only let people out one or two at a time, as needed).

• Love 1

How can we make this happen? Photoshop, anyone?

Ask and ye shall receive.

And as for an August/Gepetto reunion? It might be a touching scene, but I wouldn't mind skipping over it. We already devote enough important scenes to Offscreenville, so I don't want to waste precious minutes on two side characters I don't really care a lot about.

• Love 3

Does anyone know a 7yr who could successfully accomplish something like protecting and caring for an infant, while simultaneously raising her up to remember her past and be the savior, AND personally remain selfless, brave, and true?

Dean Winchester. 

Oops, sorry.  Wrong show.

Seriously, though, I have always felt a lot of sympathy for August, who was asked to do more than he was capable of doing but did his best when the chips were down.  And I agree that he and Emma share a bond that's unique among all the characters 

-- although we may soon be adding Lily to that elite group.

.  Plus I just like Eion and think he's dreamy.

• Love 2

Add me to the list of folks who thought August/Pinocchio was way too young to be a dad for Emma (or anyone, really).

I've thought about Hook on a motorcycle before (Spike had one, fast, edge of danger), but you really need both hands for that (as in the pix above), so he'd have to get his hand back for keeps first.

I like August/Emma, and I love the way the show bait and switched us on August as potential love interest because that was fairly unexpected. I don't mind his role in sending her to jail because I've always been unclear on whether Emma actually went to jail for Neal's crime or the crime she was actually committing, (and even if it was for Neal's crime, she'd stolen enough to morally earn that jail sentence on her own). But what I've never understood is why August wanted her to go to jail. It did seem to end up working out as her rock bottom and somehow leading her to a legitimate career as a bail bondsman, but how could August know that? Why would he think jail was what she needed to be set up for her role as the Savior?

Edited by Zuleikha

Even if we assume Emma morally "earned" that jail sentence on her own (and I'm really not okay with sending ANY homeless teenager to jail for shoplifting, it's not a violent crime and the system badly failed her first; so I think she didn't earn the sentence at all), August still conspired to turn her in because he couldn't be arsed to actually show up, BE there for her, and help her on her path to breaking the curse. If he'd just stayed and helped her (and I mean once he was grown, not as a 8 year old) instead of going partying in Thailand with Neal's money, she could have broken the curse so much easier.

Edited by Serena
  • Love 6

Emma was sent to serve her sentence in Phoenix and was not kept in Portland, so yeah, Neal stole those watches from Phx.

Regarding the whole August thing.  I agree with Serena.  8 year old Pinocchio was just a small child tasked with something above and beyond his capabilities and he was a foster child too, so it may have been a matter of time before they got separated by the system anyway.  But August didn't have to resort to extreme lengths.  He could have scared Neal away and taken Emma under his wing by telling her he is her big brother and that he has been looking for her for a while.  But I guess August being as fucked up as he was and selfish as he was, I mean he did steal the $20K Neal gave him to give Emma, would have been no good for her in the end.

We're not gonna get a August/Hook conversation, are we?

August: So you're Emma's new boyfriend.

Hook: So, you're the guy who helped send her to jail.

Me: eeeeeeee *dead* 

• Love 2

Yeah, I have no problem with Wee August leaving Emma, because he was tasked with the impossible. Where I have the issue is two grown-ass men conspiring to send a homeless 17-year-old girl to jail because, whatever their reasons, neither one of them had the strength or desire to actually help her.

But in terms of the betrayal to Emma, I'd argue here that what Neal did was in some ways worse because Emma actually knew him. Emma had feelings for him. Emma told him she loved him. That betrayal was an emotional gut punch for her that devastated her for a decade. August sucks for coming up with the plan in the first place, don't get me wrong (and I say this as someone who actually likes the character), but Neal went along with it knowing how much it would devastate her.

My point in saying this is: if Emma was willing to forgive Neal for what he did to her, I can't fault her for forgiving August, too. (I can, however, fault the writing for completely snuffing the drama from the situation, but that's a different point altogether.)

• Love 2
My point in saying this is: if Emma was willing to forgive Neal for what he did to her, I can't fault her for forgiving August, too.

Emma is the most forgiving person on the show.  

Where I have the issue is two grown-ass men conspiring to send a homeless 17-year-old girl to jail because, whatever their reasons, neither one of them had the strength or desire to actually help her.

Because selfish?  Neal had some serious daddy issues and August had no care in the world until he was faced with his mortality.

• Love 2

We're not gonna get a August/Hook conversation, are we?

August: So you're Emma's new boyfriend.

Hook: So, you're the guy who helped send her to jail.

Me: eeeeeeee *dead*

Actually, I'm drawing a blank, but have Hook and Emma even had that conversation?

Actually, I'm drawing a blank, but have Hook and Emma even had that conversation?

In Offscreenville.  In 3B after Neal died, Emma told Hook that the only thing that Henry knows about his father is the last thing Emma remembered from him which was that he left her in jail.  I'm guessing Hook knows the whole sordid tale just based on that.

• Love 2
In 3B after Neal died, Emma told Hook that the only thing that Henry knows about his father is the last thing Emma remembered from him which was that he left her in jail.  I'm guessing Hook knows the whole sordid tale just based on that.

Hook must have known or at least suspected something earlier than that because of the way he phrased it when he told Neal he was taking himself out of the running for Emma because it was better for Henry. He added something to the effect that he'd be there when Neal inevitably screwed it up. That could have been based on the fact that Neal had clearly failed in some way if he hadn't been a part of Henry's life at all up to that point, or something could have happened in Neverland that gave him that opinion of Neal, but Hook apparently had some reason to believe that even if he gave Neal the chance, Neal would screw it up (again).

Yes, I remember now Hook referred to Neal having left Emma once before. He wondered whether Emma would be willing to trust Neal again. I couldn't remember a specific conversation, though. So much good stuff happens offscreen!

and I'm really not okay with sending ANY homeless teenager to jail for shoplifting, it's not a violent crime and the system badly failed her first; so I think she didn't earn the sentence at all
I agree that my ideal solution would not be to incarcerate someone in Emma's situation either, but my point is simply that Emma was actually guilty of theft and probably actually guilty of the crime that she was sentenced for. What I meant by morally guilty was just that even if she was sentenced for the initial theft of the watches (which she didn't do), we do know that she lived off of stolen goods that included a car for at least two years so she did commit an equivalent crime.

However, when she's arrested, the cop says he's arresting her for possession of stolen goods. This is true. Emma did posses the watch that she knew was stolen. She also did go into the storage locker and retrieve the other stolen watches for Neal to fence with full knowledge that they were stolen and that Neal wasn't going to return them. So I think the implication is that she was sentenced for what she actually did. But I don't know anything about theft charges and typical sentences. 

In any case, my actual question (or maybe complaint since I doubt anyone knows the answer if the writers even have one) is why August thought getting Emma incarcerated was the best way to help her straighten out her life for curse breaking. It just seems like such a bizarre solution that was portrayed in "Tallahassee" in this blithe way as though oh, of course sending Emma to jail is going to fix her life. Since August is back, maybe we'll re-visit that in connection with the Author storyline and learn that August had an actual reason for thinking this was a good idea.

In any case, my actual question (or maybe complaint since I doubt anyone knows the answer if the writers even have one) is why August thought getting Emma incarcerated was the best way to help her straighten out her life for curse breaking. It just seems like such a bizarre solution that was portrayed in "Tallahassee" in this blithe way as though oh, of course sending Emma to jail is going to fix her life. Since August is back, maybe we'll re-visit that in connection with the Author storyline and learn that August had an actual reason for thinking this was a good idea.

I took it as August trying to get Neal away from Emma so that she could straighten out her life without his corrupting influence. But, they were talking about settling down in one place, which I thought meant "going legit" and quitting the nomadic/thieving lifestyle. So, that still doesn't make sense. But does August actually know the author? Maybe he was privy to something we still don't know (or will be retconned at a later time).

Edited by OnceUponAJen

That is one long-standing question they have never addressed though I'm not confident the writers even knew why.  In the vague sense, August might have thought it was not a good idea for Emma to get involved in any relationship, since that might make her less likely to drop her life and go to Storybrooke to end the Curse.  Getting Emma sent to jail was the most fool-proof way of separating her from Neal and preventing her from "settling down".  But yeah, the whole scheme made no sense, and pretty much destroyed the character of Baelfire in the process.

I do not like August at all. I can never get past him conspiring to send Emma to jail. That was the most ridiculous, stupid plan. Then he stole the money that Neal intended for her to have when she got out. All he thought about was himself until he started turning to wood. I think he's a grade A douchenozzle, and I wanted Emma to slug him in the last ep.

Emma needs more friends for sure, but I do not think August is friend-worthy. He's just another in the long line of people who screwed her over. But I'm sure the show will now treat him as heroic, just as they did with Neal. I hope they de-age August again, so maybe he can learn how to be an unselfish person this time around.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 5

Sometimes, I am a little slow. I just realized Henry is Snow's step brother. He is his own uncle.

Back to the topic. I liked August when he first came on. I thought they were setting him up as a love interest for Emma and I also thought they were setting him up as a lost boy. Disney's Pinocchio gets sidetracked by Pleasure Island, which I thought was great how they worked in Thailand as a more adult Xrated Pleasure Island, but I also thought he was going to be a lost boy that went to Neverland and that is how learned about the dagger either through Bae or TinkerBelle. I also thought that Hook knew about Neal's place in NY because Tink was keeping tabs on things.

Sadly the show didn't go in that direction. It is weird to me that Emma would be so happy to see August. She knows he is the reason Neal left her and was so angry about it. I can see the argument that they were both were ripped from happy childhoods and thrust into an uncaring world and have a bond. Maybe Emma has enough distance from all the hurt because she has her family and is in a relationship with Hook, so she can let the past go.

I wonder how Neal would have reacted to August if he were alive.

Edited by kitticup
  • Love 2

Sadly the show didn't go in that direction. It is weird to me that Emma would be so happy to see August. She knows he is the reason Neal left her and was so angry about it. I can see the argument that they were both were ripped from happy childhoods and thrust into an uncaring world and have a bond. Maybe Emma has enough distance from all the hurt because she has her family and is in a relationship with Hook, so she can let the past go.

Sad but true, the whole mess with Neal and August was just awful and it's a shame the writers chose to completely brush it under the rug instead of having Emma rightly confronting the both of them for it.  Neal is gone and August is currently a plot device for the Author plot before I suspect him going away.

• Love 2

Neal commented that "he's actually a lot cooler as a kid. Steals less of my money." Neal wasn't particularly impressed with the way August acted after they cooked up the Emma scheme. Not that Neal had a right to get all upset about it, but at least he did have a response. 

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 1

I've never really understood why August needed to get rid of Neal for Emma to do her job as the Saviour (I mean, I'm glad he did because blech, Neal, but still). Given Neal was down with all the EF stuff, couldn't he in fact have helped make sure Emma got to Storybrooke? Even if they settled down in Tallahassee. I don't think there was anything in the Official Saviour Rules that said she couldn't have a boyfriend. And I just watched the pertinent scenes* from 2.06 again and August never explains (on camera at least) why Neal can't be there, he just says that if Neal steers clear, she "can do what she's supposed to do."

* Okay, and a few other scenes. Remember arrogant, flirty Hook? Bring him back, show!

• Love 2

I've never really understood why August needed to get rid of Neal for Emma to do her job as the Saviour (I mean, I'm glad he did because blech, Neal, but still).

It will get more sense seeing this idiot Author plot. Just speculating: The Author (or the sorcerer, whoever manipulated August) probably needed Emma unhappy to increase her potential for turning evil  with the darkest of all hearts one day. Or something. So any more time spend in some sort of happiness was bad and had to be destroyed - and August, compliant idiot accomplice, did the job.

Edited by katusch

Or maybe the author/writers needed to find a reason for Emma to give up Henry. If she was still with Neal they probably would have kept Henry and there would be no reason to go to Storybrook, which is really slimy of August to separate Emma from her son.

I also miss flirty arrogant Hook.

I thought the main reason why August wanted Neal to leave Emma was because Neal wouldn't have helped Emma with her supposed destiny. He had no desire to meet with his father, and hence, he had no incentive to get her to Storybrooke. As for sending Emma to jail, that was a cowardly move to keep Emma from attempting to look for Neal, and make August's job easier.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 3
Given Neal was down with all the EF stuff, couldn't he in fact have helped make sure Emma got to Storybrooke?

He wasn't down with the EF stuff, though. He was terrified of Rumple coming to find him. The last thing he would have done was helped Emma get to Storybrooke. I understand August wanting to separate Neal from Emma and I understand Neal being more afraid of Rumple than in love with Emma, but not why August thought sending Emma to jail was the sane, logical way to split up the couple and get Emma on her Savior path.

If she was still with Neal they probably would have kept Henry and there would be no reason to go to Storybrook, which is really slimy of August to separate Emma from her son.
At this point, we have no reason to believe that August had any idea Emma was pregnant.
  • Love 1