Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

I am assuming Madi is the "African wife" of Long John Silver in Treasure Island, the one he trusts to run his affairs and to liquidate his assets. The one he retires "comfortably" with, thanks to the loot he got away with.

I am expecting for Flint to die in the last episode of the show.

The real Woodes Rogers certainly led a very interesting life - he saved the guy Robinson Crusoe is based on, first term as Nassau Governor, then debtors prison, sprung from debtors prison, second term as Governor of Nassau.

7 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

In a Flash Forward scene where they setup the events of Treasure Island?

No, at the end of Black Sails.  By the events of Treasure Island I always thought Flint has been dead for a while. He is a legend in it. Flints story is very much a tragedy, yes? A revenge tragedy.  It seems fitting that he would die in the last episode.

And I expect Woodes Rogers to live, though not happily ever after. I expect  Max to live and to thrive?  Eleanor's fate is a big question mark to me.  Rackham, well I know what happened to him historically and I sure don't want to see it on the show at the end.  Anne is a question mark for me just like in history.

I am sad that Billy seems fated by literature to turn into a bitter old grouch.

Silver started out as an opportunist and in Treasure Island is still or again a wily opportunist.

I guess they can do anything they want with the show but according to Wikipedia (had to double check, haven't read the book in decades). Capt Flint supposedly due in Savannah from Alcoholism circa 1754, I believe Black Sails is set during 1715-1725. They're playing a bit fast and loose with the real people vs the fictional characters.

Charles Vane died in 1721

Blackbeard died in 1718

Jack Rackham died in 1720

Woods Rogers dealings with Nassau were around 1718.

IF they try to line up Black Sails with the book, Flint, Silver and Billy should all survive the events of the season. However, I have absolutely no idea IF that's what they're planning.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, magdalene said:

No, at the end of Black Sails.  By the events of Treasure Island I always thought Flint has been dead for a while. He is a legend in it. Flints story is very much a tragedy, yes? A revenge tragedy.  It seems fitting that he would die in the last episode.

I think in the book, Flint had just died.  He gave Billy the treasure map.  In the book, Flint took seven men to bury the treasure and killed all seven of them. 

Flint died of alcoholism. 

Billy, in the book was terrified of Silver and had a stroke when he thought Silver was coming. 

• Love 1

You are right - I read the book as a child and I remembered him as dead for the main narrative.  I still think he is going to die in the last episode.  Obviously I could be wrong.  But I get this feeling from some of the things Toby Stephens has said.

Now I know why it was important for Madi to say where the treasure was buried.  Flint will have to re bury the treasure with those seven men he kills.  Last season I was confused seeing Silver watch Flint burying the treasure.  It made no sense to me.

In Treasure Island Silver needed a map to find the treasure, so why would he need a map if he watched Flint bury it?  Unless Flint re buried it because Madi told him she knows where it is.

• Love 1

What's really confusing to me is how they're going to go from the current relationships between Billy/Silver and Billy/Flint to what's in the book? How do we get to the point that Flint entrusts Billy with the map? 

I do think Flint has to rebury the treasure it's the only way to line up with the book. Even if/when Rackham dies Silver (and now Madi) know where it's buried, no point to the book.

Edited by Morrigan2575
10 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

What's really confusing to me is how they're going to go from the current relationships between Billy/Silver and Billy/Flint to what's in the book? How do we get to the point that Flint entrusts Billy with the map? 

I do think Flint has to rebury the treasure it's the only way to line up with the book. Even if/when Rackham dies Silver (and now Madi) know where it's buried, no point to the book.

I agree.  This show was billed as a prequel to Treasure Island, so that means....

Flint needs to re-bury the treasure and Silver doesn't know where it's buried;

Silver/Flint needs to become Billy/Flint. 

Billy needs to become scared of Silver.  In the book, Billy (who is called an old sailor) has a stroke because he thinks Silver is near.  Right now it doesn't seem he's scared of Silver at all.

Madi and Silver must come into some money because, I think, in the book, they owned an inn in Bristol.

I liked how the show teased us last season; there was an episode where Max was called a "negress" which is what Silver's wife is called in the book. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Billy needs to become scared of Silver.  In the book, Billy (who is called an old sailor) has a stroke because he thinks Silver is near.  Right now it doesn't seem he's scared of Silver at all.

Yeah, I'm really curious as to what happens to make that switch. Because right now it looks like Billy wants nothing more than to kill Flint and Silver regards Flint as his bestie.

I have to say, I'm going to be sad to see a Flint/Silver breakup, their relationship is one of my favorite things about this show.

One other thing I'd like to see, not sure if they'll do it. I kind of want Ann and Rackham to die together (or around the same time). I just think these two are so close and such a part of each others lives, I can't imagine Ann going on without Jack.

5 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I have to say, I'm going to be sad to see a Flint/Silver breakup, their relationship is one of my favorite things about this show.

If Flint and Silver were lovers, their relationship would be very passionate, but they'd probably end up killing each other in the end.

One thing I thought was interesting about this episode was when Silver went under, Flint saw him go under but didn't do anything.  That was a switch from season 1, where in the last episode, it was Flint who went under, and Silver rescued him.  

That scene, with Silver trapped in the ropes underwater was intense.  I'd heard about it months ago, either Luke Arnold mentioned it at comic-con or he mentioned it in an interview, so I was excited to see it and it did not disappoint.

5 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

One other thing I'd like to see, not sure if they'll do it. I kind of want Ann and Rackham to die together (or around the same time). I just think these two are so close and such a part of each others lives, I can't imagine Ann going on without Jack.

Last year, I think the show runners talked about Anne Bonny, because in reality no one really knows what happened to her.  She was imprisoned and supposed to be executed, but there was no record of it ever happening.  I do think she had a child with Rackham, but don't know what happened to that child.  There was another rumor that her father paid for her to get out of jail, married her off to some wealthy man from North Carolina, and she had a lot of children.  

23 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Now I know why it was important for Madi to say where the treasure was buried.  Flint will have to re bury the treasure with those seven men he kills.  Last season I was confused seeing Silver watch Flint burying the treasure.  It made no sense to me.

In Treasure Island Silver needed a map to find the treasure, so why would he need a map if he watched Flint bury it?  Unless Flint re buried it because Madi told him she knows where it is.

This is a great catch.  Like you, I watched the scene of them burying the treasure last season and thought okay, something else has to happen to cause Flint to move and rebury it at some point before it becomes THE Treasure Island treasure.  I was so caught up in wondering if Silver had really told Madi where it was or if she was bluffing to knock Flint down a peg when he was trying to strong arm Billy that it didn't register with me that this might be the catalyst for that.

It's been a while since I've read the book, but I'm also thinking Flint hasn't been dead that long when the story starts.  Otherwise, I'd probably be assuming he's going to be dead by the series finale done in by his own need for revenge too because it feels like that kind of story.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

It's been a while since I've read the book, but I'm also thinking Flint hasn't been dead that long when the story starts.  Otherwise, I'd probably be assuming he's going to be dead by the series finale done in by his own need for revenge too because it feels like that kind of story.

That's what I thought too.  Flint gave Billy the map before he died.  Billy hadn't had the map for very long when Treasure Island started and Billy was described as an "old sailor."  Right now in the show, Billy isn't old.  Usually in this show, shit happens in the next to the last episode, so maybe they'll be a time jump in the last episode.

14 hours ago, Neurochick said:

One thing I thought was interesting about this episode was when Silver went under, Flint saw him go under but didn't do anything.  That was a switch from season 1, where in the last episode, it was Flint who went under, and Silver rescued him.  

Flint did react though. He started taking off his coat but then shots were fired in that direction and I think that is what stopped him from trying to save Silver.

• Love 1

Yeah, I noticed that too. Whether it was the bullets that stopped him or maybe he changed his mind I don't know, but it seemed like he was going to try to get to Silver at first.

On 2/3/2017 at 6:36 PM, GodsBeloved said:

A clip has been released that seems to indicate Madi was punking Flint when she said she knew where the treasure was buried.

I saw this clip. It kind of implies that she doesn't know, but it's still a little ambiguous as to whether she was lying or not. 

That said, I'm loving Madi more everytime I see her. The dialogue she shared with Flint in that clip indicates she's just as intelligent and cunning as the men she's allied with. 

• Love 1
On 2/3/2017 at 2:05 PM, ulkis said:

Yeah, I noticed that too. Whether it was the bullets that stopped him or maybe he changed his mind I don't know, but it seemed like he was going to try to get to Silver at first.

He was trying to get Silver, then bullets were fired, he ducked and, then kept looking into the water for him.  I don't think he changed his mind but figured if Silver didn't surface by then he was probably dead already.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Enero said:

I saw this clip. It kind of implies that she doesn't know, but it's still a little ambiguous as to whether she was lying or not. 

That said, I'm loving Madi more everytime I see her. The dialogue she shared with Flint in that clip indicates she's just as intelligent and cunning as the men she's allied with. 

I agree.

Whether she was bluffing then or bluffing now (eppy 2), I liked that we got to hear from her why she said she knew where the treasure was.

Only my second post in this forum... Since I didn't catch up until a couple of days ago.

Still if I'm going to speculate on the final season I'd think John and the Governor are the only two truly safe, given that the show has signalled they will play loose with canon. Flint could certainly die, he's a fictional character. but John has to live and Rogers is a real life character which may be too weird to kill off.

For dramatic purposes Eleanor has to die. There has to be a major pro-English casualty in this final season.

7 hours ago, Kathemy said:

Still if I'm going to speculate on the final season I'd think John and the Governor are the only two truly safe, given that the show has signalled they will play loose with canon.

I don't know about Rogers. They've already played around a lot with his history. I wouldn't be surprised if they took that further and he dies.

I really don't think anyone is safe from death except Silver and perhaps Billy since he too was in TI.

Edited by Enero

I haven't watched the show fully through but I hope they let Flint have a dignified death. He's the character I feel for most and the one who's most fleshed out and I don't want Silver/Billy to kill him over the treasure (has been speculated about elsewhere - would certainly be dramatic but I love the Flint/SIlver frenemyship and would cry).

Plus I wonder if they can really reconcile the story with TI at this point. They're building up Long John Silver as Flint's successor, as a feared, known name to everyone and the entire plot of TI doesn't work at all if Long John is this infamous pirate. Flint, yes, is known, is still feared, both by his former crew and the civilians. His name is mentioned often enough and in my favourite scene of the book the pirates are shaken to the core at the thought he might still be alive or haunting the island. But Silver gets away with using his real name and nobody suspects a thing about him. The pirates know him, they respect him a great deal, but general society doesn't know about him the way they know about Flint. Plus the book makes it very clear that he was never captain of Flint's crew before, always his quartermaster until he retired.

Also Flint had just died at the beginning of the book , and of alcoholism, while they seem to be hinting at a more violent, Shakespearean end for him here. It would fit but at the same time, doesn't quite work with the book. Flint dying at the end of the show seems like a foregone conclusion considering he's talked about and considered just letting death take him at least twice already, has more enemies than friends, and his life isn't exactly drastically improving. He doesn't have the will to survive that Silver has. Once his purpose is gone and the war is over, one way or another, there would be no reason for him to try anymore.

I don't mind the show taking liberties, but this build-up of John Silver as the king of Nassau or whatever they're hinting at won't work at all with the book. So I wonder if they'll end up subverting those expectations to end the show on a note that could believably segue into TI or just dismiss the book altogether. Have they given interviews on the subject?

Edited by KatWay
  • Love 1
On 2/6/2017 at 11:01 AM, KatWay said:

I don't mind the show taking liberties, but this build-up of John Silver as the king of Nassau or whatever they're hinting at won't work at all with the book. So I wonder if they'll end up subverting those expectations to end the show on a note that could believably segue into TI or just dismiss the book altogether. Have they given interviews on the subject?

I do think that having Silver as a pirate king works with the book.  In the book, Silver said that he was the only man Flint was afraid of; also, Billy was so afraid of Silver that he had a stroke because he thought Silver was near.  There has to be some reason that both Billy and Flint become afraid of Silver.  

I do remember that when this show began, that the producers said Black Sails takes place some two decades before the events in Treasure Island. 

On 2/19/2017 at 5:50 PM, Neurochick said:

I do think that having Silver as a pirate king works with the book.  In the book, Silver said that he was the only man Flint was afraid of; also, Billy was so afraid of Silver that he had a stroke because he thought Silver was near.  There has to be some reason that both Billy and Flint become afraid of Silver.  

I do remember that when this show began, that the producers said Black Sails takes place some two decades before the events in Treasure Island. 

They were afraid, they served most closely with him, but the general public didn't know who he was and if he was some pirate king, he'd have been a famous name, yet he wasn't in TI.  Captain Flint was still a feared and famous name.  So KatWay is right it doesn't really make sense.  What might make sense is this big built up and then...it ends...there is NO pirate king of Nassau or otherwise in the Caribbean, this is the beginning of the end for the pirates really.  All that's left is "what almost was" for Silver in terms of that.  The build up being more for the sake of irony.

Billy is afraid probably because he's also a crazy old drunk by then and remembers Silver crushing Dufresne's head and saying he has "a long ...... memory".  And now he has something against Billy.  Flint, I think if the speculation about Thomas is at all right, it would be less a physical fear and more because Silver, sometime in the upcoming episodes, might in some in way use it against Flint - so in the future it would be the levels of betrayal to which he's willing to go to, if he would be willing to use that against Flint, one could say Flint has is no angel in that department himself, but it could be because Flint knows what HE would do and he knows Silver would go every bit as far, sometimes seeing someone who would be as bad as you can be very scary.  Flint killed 7 men to hide the treasure, how many might Silver kill to find it?  Silver might scare both Flint and Billy but they aren't necessarily fearful for the same reasons.  

• Love 1

Silver might scare both Flint and Billy but they aren't necessarily fearful for the same reasons.  

Yeah, I could easily see Billy becoming afraid of Silver, Silver's getting darker and if Billy crossed him (some more?), resulting in something bad (or worse than what happened already), if Silver told him to run far away or he'd find and kill him, we'd end up right where we start Treasure Island, especially if Billy has the map that Silver wants.

Flint I'm not so sure about because he mostly gets mad when things don't go his way, not scared. And he's not overly concerned with dying. I guess we're at a point where Silver is the only man he respects, so it's possible that Silver becomes the only man he fears because he's the one who can undo all of Flint's efforts and that's something he's afraid of.

Also I'm worried Eleanor might die in the next episode. She's had her tearful farwell with Rogers, cleared the air with Max, had a sympathetic moment with Mrs Hudson the chambermaid. She's seemed to have understood that she needs to give up Nassau and wants to make a life for herself elsewhere. And she's pregnant, for maximum tragedy. It's like she's one step away from a potentially happy and safe life (she just needs to get Rodgers and get out), so that usually means something will go very, very wrong...

That was my main gripe with season 3 finale. It was a great finale, but the last minute of it contradicted the book in such a major way that I was upset for awhile. lol

Silver being feared and loved by the crew was perfectly in line with TI. It's totally understandable why Flint would fear him as he needs Silver to control the crew, but he can't control Silver. But the king twist? Ok, they lost the war and the general public has forgotten the name of LJS (but it doesn't really make sense, because everyone remembers Flint), but what about the sailors or Captain Smollett? Smollet is a good and experienced captain and here comes a one-legged guy named LJS, says he's a former sailor and has a parrot named Captain Flint, and it still doesn't ring any bells to him? Not to mention Squire Trelawney, who was actually fanboying over Flint ("The Spaniards were so prodigiously afraid of him, that, I tell you, sir, I was sometimes proud he was an Englishman"). Had LJS been a pirate king (and thus surpassed Flint), Trelawney would've known him.

Having said that, I love the show to pieces and mostly reconciled myself with this deviation from the book (a tiny part of me will still grumble about it, but I'll try to ignore it).

Edited by Tanya852
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Tanya852 said:

Having said that, I love the show to pieces and mostly reconciled myself with this deviation from the book (a tiny part of me will still grumble about it, but I'll try to ignore it).

I think it was @WatchrTina who said maybe the show will present the book as a book of legend and not what actually happened. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

I think it was @WatchrTina who said maybe the show will present the book as a book of legend and not what actually happened. 

Sort of like Black Sails is the real story of Flint,  Silver and Billy Bones while the book is a fictional tale?  I could buy that, it would be an interesting twist.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Sort of like Black Sails is the real story of Flint,  Silver and Billy Bones while the book is a fictional tale?  I could but that, it would be an interesting twist.

Yup.

On 2/22/2017 at 0:48 AM, KatWay said:

Flint I'm not so sure about because he mostly gets mad when things don't go his way, not scared. And he's not overly concerned with dying. I guess we're at a point where Silver is the only man he respects, so it's possible that Silver becomes the only man he fears because he's the one who can undo all of Flint's efforts and that's something he's afraid of.

Yes that's what I meant, I didn't mean Flint would be physically afraid of him - I meant it in the sense that he's someone Flint views as basically an equal and thus someone could, as you say, undo what he's done, take it away.  

On 2/22/2017 at 1:03 PM, ulkis said:

I think the show is doing that but even if the book is a book of legend, if LJS was a legend he'd, IMO, be a legend in the book too, it would be rather odd for a book telling the "legendary" or public version of the story to actually pretend one of it's legends wasn't a legend, but someone no one except his shipmates remembered. :)

LOL Someone somewhere said wouldn't it be funny if the "real" story behind the legend was basically three guys involved in a really messy break up(Flint, Silver and Billy)

• Love 1

As been stated, I think the book provides the framework and the writers of BS are picking and choosing interesting nuggets from the book to expand on in the TV series. I don't think TI is necessarily the Bible to BS as the comics/graphic novel is to The Walking Dead TV series.

I do think LJS as this "pirate king" on BS can still work though within the context of the book in that the events of Nassau will be so terribly brief that in the 20 years since it happened, the "war" for Nassau could've been forgotten by the time TI takes place. 

I do find it interesting that two of the baddest badasses of TI, Flint and Billy Bones were deathly afraid of LJS. Well the former was believed to be afraid of LJS, per LJS himself. Therefore we don't know that for sure. And both ended up being pathetic drunks who died alone and of alcoholism. While LJS does prove himself IMO to be a legend (the book itself, TI, gives him the status of legend IMHO) in that he survived, had a wife, success and on top of that found and got himself a share of the hidden treasure and retired well (as far as we know). 

It will be interesting to see where they leave things off on the show. How close they'll get to the start of TI or if they'll abandon any attempt to use the finale to segway into the book. I'm not married to the book. So I think I'll be fine with either outcome. 

Edited by Enero
  • Love 1

I do think LJS as this "pirate king" on BS can still work though within the context of the book in that the events of Nassau will be so terribly brief that in the 20 years since it happened, the "war" for Nassau could've been forgotten by the time TI takes place. 

I do find it interesting that two of the baddest badasses of TI, Flint and Billy Bones were deathly afraid of LJS. Well the former was believed to be afraid of LJS, per LJS himself. Therefore we don't know that for sure. And both ended up being pathetic drunks who died alone and of alcoholism. While LJS does prove himself IMO to be a legend (the book itself, TI, gives him the status of legend IMHO) in that he survived, had a wife, success and on top of that found and got himself a share of the hidden treasure and retired well (as far as we know).

But how would they forget Silver and yet remember Flint (literally everyone knows who he is) if Silver is built up to be Flint's successor, unless they subvert that in the last five eps? Perhaps if the Navy takes control again they could decide that nobody was to mention the name Long John Silver again or something...or Silver plays his "who me, I'm just a harmless cripple" routine. The war in Nassau might be forgotten but Flint is a legend in TI, his old pirate comrades keep talking about him, the civilians know him, the sailors know him.

I also think in the book Billy Bones and to a lesser extent Flint were supposed to portray the unsustainability of the pirate life, the inevitability to self-destruct in the excesses of it. Stevenson didn't want to glorify pirate life, he had fun with the adventures but he made sure to present the pirate lifestyle as undesirable at the end of the day.

I'm not married to the book but I want the show to tie in with it in some way. Otherwise what's the point of making this a prequel and giving the characters those names. It's hardly difficult to tie in with TI anyways, since Silver is the only character who is featured very prominently in both the show and the book, I mean young Billy could be anybody, and all we know about Flint in the book is what other characters are telling us and any of that could easily be wrong/one-sided. But that's why I really want them to get Silver right. He's a wily, sneaky clever guy who is more reasonable and able to control himself than any of his pirate friends. He's not a Batman-voiced boogeyman who carries himself like he's the most important person in any room. To be underestimated is his gift.

• Love 1
On 1/31/2017 at 9:23 PM, magdalene said:

I am assuming Madi is the "African wife" of Long John Silver in Treasure Island, the one he trusts to run his affairs and to liquidate his assets. The one he retires "comfortably" with, thanks to the loot he got away with.

I am expecting for Flint to die in the last episode of the show.

The real Woodes Rogers certainly led a very interesting life - he saved the guy Robinson Crusoe is based on, first term as Nassau Governor, then debtors prison, sprung from debtors prison, second term as Governor of Nassau.

Not only did the real Rogers save the guy that Robinson Crusoe is based on...

Alexander Selkirk (the basis for Robinson Crusoe) was also the inspiration behind Treasure Island's marooned castaway, Ben Gunn! 

Edited by Scaeva
  • Love 1

A couple episodes ago I was more or less convinced that Max would somehow be killed by Silver. Now, after the latest developments, I'm far less sure. They might kill either Eleanor or Max but I wouldn't be surprised to see every single pro-British character survive the show, with Berringer as a "token sacrifice".

It wouldn't make for stellar television, though, in my opinion. Having Rogers, Elly and Max all survive would feel cheap.

When we learned Eleanor was pregnant I thought sure she was protected from death. Now I'm not so sure. I think a price will have to be paid by Rogers for getting the Spanish involved in this, and not just with him going to prison or hanging for treason - which I'm not sure either of these things will happen. 

I'm now wondering if Eleanor might die when the Spanish invades Nassau, with Rogers finding out after the fact that she was pregnant.

At this point, I think Max might live because if she died who would really care? And what impact would it have on the overall story? None really.  It would just be a death for the sake of killing, which is not of out the realm of possibility. But, I don't know...I just don't think it'll happen. 

(edited)
On 3/2/2017 at 3:08 AM, Enero said:

I'm now wondering if Eleanor might die when the Spanish invades Nassau, with Rogers finding out after the fact that she was pregnant. 

Point!

Another thing:

tumblr_omcz53NjvO1un06lao1_540.jpg

This is from the finale. So Jack survives up to that point.

Edited by Kathemy

I'm not married to the show and Treasure Island matching up exactly as that book is already mostly a retelling through the eyes of a kid who wasn't there when any of the story in Nassau takes place.  It also doesn't strike me as implausible that characters would generally remember Flint but not Silver as the books starts. Flint is already fairly famous as a pirate captain when the show opens.  It sounds like he's been somewhat notorious for awhile by then, and he's consistently recognized throughout as one of the big dogs of the story.  Silver has until fairly recently been a squirrelly little guy no one took very seriously.  Sure, he's a big name at the moment, more legend than man, but if the pirate rebellion fizzles fairly quickly and he disappears from history, his may not be name the average seaman remembers without some prodding.  But who knows at this point?  I'm interested in seeing how they get there.

I've fallen a couple of episodes behind as life and stuff has gotten in the way and I just finished the episode where Silver learns that Max had planned to ship him off to the philanthropist north of Spanish Florida who makes problem English relatives disappear.  Up until this point, the only thing that's kept me from being fairly certain that Flint will die before this is all over is knowing that his death seems pretty recent at the beginning of Treasure Island.  I have no idea how they play that either but I can't help but think what's north of Spanish Florida?  Savannah, the same place the book tells us Flint will die.  So now I have to assume Flint will at least escape Nassau to make the trip to see if there's anything to the story.

• Love 1
On 3/6/2017 at 9:48 PM, nodorothyparker said:

It also doesn't strike me as implausible that characters would generally remember Flint but not Silver as the books starts. Flint is already fairly famous as a pirate captain when the show opens.  It sounds like he's been somewhat notorious for awhile by then, and he's consistently recognized throughout as one of the big dogs of the story.  Silver has until fairly recently been a squirrelly little guy no one took very seriously.  Sure, he's a big name at the moment, more legend than man, but if the pirate rebellion fizzles fairly quickly and he disappears from history, his may not be name the average seaman remembers without some prodding.

Also Flint was well known both inside and outside the Pirate Community. Meanwhile Silver's notorioity seems limited to this particular Pirate Community.  I suppose one could argue that Silver's status lives/dies with Nassau meanwhile Flint was bigger (Nassau,  Carolina, the Urca). I also imagine that a story about stolen/burried treasure would be passed around more than a failed coup/war.

I just watched episode 8.  

On the past 3 seasons, they've had a shocking death in the 9th episode, Gates in season 1, Miranda in season 2 and Vane in season 3.  I wonder who'll bite it next episode.  

I think Eleanor was the shocking death this season and the finale will probably see more characters die. My money is on Jack and Flint, I can see everybody else making it out alive after all. Even Rogers, he might just end up in prison.

The historical Rodgers ended up in debtors prison for a while only to be saved and released from it.  Then he became governor of Nassau again and later died from an illness.  I wonder whether they will at least stick to the debtors prison part?

I hope they will surprise me and have Jack live...

I haven't read TI but I know that LJS is married to an African woman and they run a business of some kind.  I can't see Madi abandoning her people to leave with Silver and run a business, so that got me wondering if there is some other fate planned for her.

I've always assumed that Flint would die at the end of Black Sails.  Still, the show can do whatever it wants - they've played around with history and all that and I don't think they're going for an absolute prologue to TI.

Could be that Flint survives to find Thomas (why else mention the place for certain problem relatives); Silver may go to Maroon with Madi (Silver was never one about advertising himself); and the legend of LJS is really Rackham, Anne and Max.  Those three I could see running an inn or bar or whatever it was and I can see Jack talking himself up as LJS or in some other way to build his own legend.

Or I am probably just wishful thinking my own preferred ending, heh.

1 hour ago, raven said:

I haven't read TI but I know that LJS is married to an African woman and they run a business of some kind.  I can't see Madi abandoning her people to leave with Silver and run a business, so that got me wondering if there is some other fate planned for her.

Honestly its hard for me to see either of them in their current state settling down to run an Inn. Nonetheless, a lot can happen in 20 years. ? Which is how far in advance this show is set to TI. I imagine the Madi and Silver we see today are not necessarily the Madi and Silver of 20 years from now. 

That said, I could see them running an Inn as a cover to continuously help escaped slaves. Madi could eventually take Rogers' deal but still be helping her people on the down low with Silver's help. Maroon Island could continuously be led by the Queen - her mother, Julius or some other leader in the Maroon community. 

Rackham, Anne and Max.  Those three I could see running an inn or bar or whatever it was and I can see Jack talking himself up as LJS or in some other way to build his own legend.

According to history Rackham dies by rope and I seem to recall a promo before the season started that showed him being escorted through the center of town with his hands bound. So not sure he'll be long for this world. I can't imagine what they'll do with Anne and Max. Their story seems to be finished on screen and left up to the viewer to decide what happened to them next. However, I imagine we will get something with them in the finale either reuniting with Jack or learning of his death. 

Edited by Enero
Spoiler

I really don't want any of them to die - yes, even Rogers ;) - and I'm sorry Vane and Eleanor are dead.  I also don't want this show to end - totally gutted it's finishing.  

Ah well, I guess I'll have to turn to fanfiction for my little fix.....