Type keyword(s) to search

S00.E03: Top Feuds, Firings and Fails

I didn't see a thread for the clip show so I hope its ok to put this here.

I haven't seen every season of this show. I missed the Joan and Melissa Rivers season.
What the hell? They both acted like 2 year olds when Melissa was fired! Has anybody else ever acted so horribly after being fired? Melissa running away and having a temper tantrum was disgusting.
Did those two ever apologize for the horrible way they acted and the awful things they said?

I don't like speaking ill of somebody who has passed but I lost a lot of respect for Joan after seeing their ridiculous temper tantrums.

• Love 9

I didn't see a thread for the clip show so I hope its ok to put this here.

I haven't seen every season of this show. I missed the Joan and Melissa Rivers season.

What the hell? They both acted like 2 year olds when Melissa was fired! Has anybody else ever acted so horribly after being fired? Melissa running away and having a temper tantrum was disgusting.

Did those two ever apologize for the horrible way they acted and the awful things they said?

I don't like speaking ill of somebody who has passed but I lost a lot of respect for Joan after seeing their ridiculous temper tantrums.

I haven't watched all of the seasons either and was quite taken aback by both Joan and Melissa's behavior. It is hard when you only see a snippet to understand what happened during the course of the season and how it ended with such venom. I was surprised that Joan wasn't given a better edit since she passed away.

• Love 1

Yes, Joan and Melissa were just as awful (if not worse) than what was shown last night. Joan also didn't do very well in the final task and didn't raise as much money as Annie Duke, but Trump hired her because they're friends and also because she's old enough that he can respect her as a woman, instead of seeing her as a sexual object.

I know that this show thinks that the more drama the better, but the Meat Loaf fight with Gary Busey was not entertaining in any way, shape or form. It was scary and violent and Meat Loaf obviously has mental health issues that need to be dealt with. The show should stop promoting it as anything other than that. Same with Lisa Lampanelli's horrible bullying of Dayana Mendoza. It was not funny or entertaining. It was abuse.

• Love 9

I liked Joan Rivers and also liked what I saw of Melissa when she was on Help I'm a Celebrity, Get me Out of Here! (or whatever the title of that reality show was), but watching them on the Apprentice was certainly eye opening!  They seemed normal but from what I remember Annie was dominate in some way (not threatening or bullying) and Melissa just couldn't handle not being top dog.  She ran to Mommy, who immediately took her side and labeled Annie as a cheater and several other terrible names without giving her a chance to tell her side of the story.  It was weird to watch, especially since Joan was 'protecting' Melissa, a grown woman....  (who acted like a 4 yr old)  Joan never let up on Annie and even trashed her up until the end of her life from what I understand.  I never saw that side of Joan Rivers until that moment.  She was totally gloves off when it came to Melissa.  It made me lose respect for Melissa,who knew she was being filmed and we could all see the truth of what was happening, unlike Joan at the time. 

• Love 1

I never had an opinion about Joan one way or another until her appearance on this show.  After watching the season she was on I developed an intense dislike for her and refused to watch anything else she was involved in after that. Omarosa had set the standard for evil on the show, but a lot of that always struck me as a ploy for attention.  Joan went far beyond that.  Her winning the Apprentice that season is when I though the show jumped the shark and lost all semblance of credibility.

• Love 5

I wish I had seen the Joan/Melissa season.....damn!

So, Melissa gets fired and got to whinny to Mommy before departing?  WTF?!  And for Joan to yell at Annie/Brandi Roderick that they are whores for charity was too hypocritical....bitch, why were you and Melissa there?!

• Love 3

What I recall was joan and Melissa being on different teams, Annie being the team leader, when asked " who should be fired" She said Melissa. Joan, watching from the other room , was OUTRAGED, and never let go. It was like she saw a bully push her 4 year old off her bike, and went all mother lion on her. she took up a mission to destroy Annie's career and reputation. Joan was clearly the pre-ordained winner of that season and was above all criticism. I was not a fan, but was pretty neutral on her before the show. My opinion changed, I saw her as a raging, spiteful, hate-filled bitch.

Yep, I'm speaking ill of the dead here.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 5

That MeatLoaf/Busey thing was really disturbing to watch. I don't think the celebs are under the same pressures as the Original Recipe contestants, because you know they're not going to agree to do anything that will truly inconvenience them like getting very little sleep, not having their stylist/hair/makeup person, etc, so I can't put that down to Killer Fatigue. When you make Gary Busey look like the sane emotionally stable one, you've got a real problem. And didn't someone find Meat's bag of supplies off in a corner somewhere.

• Love 3

Best/worst/weirdest moment, for me, will always be Gary Busey's pitch to Omaha Steaks and the father's day story about the kite.  

It was like a best man's speech at a wedding, where everyone realizes the best man is drunk on his ass and nobody can stop him. 

• Love 5

I wish I had seen the Joan/Melissa season.....damn!

So, Melissa gets fired and got to whinny to Mommy before departing?  WTF?!  And for Joan to yell at Annie/Brandi Roderick that they are whores for charity was too hypocritical....bitch, why were you and Melissa there?!

Didn't she call them Nazi (Annie) and follower (Brandy)?

• Love 1

The Annie Duke/Joan Rivers season and the Arsenio Hall/Clay Aiken season are the reasons I can't take this show seriously.  Both Annie and Clay raised more money for their charities, and they both did a much better job during the course of the season.  I'll go even further and say that Joan was more productive than Arsenio, who sat back since he knew he was the pre-ordained winner.  I'm surprised they didn't show the meltdown Arsenio had with Aubrey O'Day.  He went postal on her, similar to what happened with Meat Loaf and Gary Busey.  I forgot how much venom was spewed by both Joan and Melissa, and also Joan walked off at one point.  I will never understand how she could win and the show lost all credibility for me after that.  

Unfortunately I think we have another season where there is a pre-ordained winner in Geraldo Rivera.  Leeza has been the most consistent throughout this season, but I don't have much hope that she'll win.  Trump keeps praising Geraldo the same way he praised both Joan and Arsenio.  

• Love 4

I have to say I was thrilled that after the pandering to the blessed memory of Joan Rivers the show has demonstrated so far this season, they actually showed her how she was - a deranged, vicious, nasty piece of work.  I mildly enjoyed her before that show, but she really showed what an evil third letter of the alphabet -word she was on Celebrity Apprentice.  That was not playing for the cameras -- she was out for blood.  Everything she accused Annie Duke of being... she was.  Except a Nazi.  

Joan Rivers was not a stupid woman.  The only way she sat with a straight face and compared her to Hitler without her trademark little giggle afterwards is that she knew for a fact she had the win.  And she could LITERALLY say anything she wanted and still win.  

I thought Duke handled it well at the time, but those clips impressed me again.

• Love 2

I had always liked Joan and that season I lost so much respect for her. I started to get some of that awful treatment they did on that show out of my mind when Melissa and Joan went on Celebrity Wife Swap and swapped with Bristol & Willow Palin. I liked all 4 of them on that show. My dad had always hated JR and I had him seeing a different side to her and he was just starting to like her and they had to show that meltdown and fight with Annie on Monday night and that was all it took. He doesn't like her again. And it's still fresh in my mind again.

I also hated Arsenio and Aubrey's fight. If I recall, he called her a C.U. Next Tuesday.  I hated him winning.

And I think this season will be a repeat of the less performer/FOD (friend of Donald's) winning over the best choice.

• Love 1

I remember the Joan/Melissa season real well.  I had always enjoyed Joan Rivers, until then.  I could not get over how vicious and entitled both she and her daughter acted.  This is why I never enjoy it when a competition show has family members playing.  There was no way Joan would have ever accepted Melissa getting fired. I just could not get over how nasty & immature Melissa was, I really do not think anyone else has ever acted this way.  I have never thought too much of Melissa Rivers after I had seen an interview with her.  First, she claimed to have starred in a Beverly Hills 90210 episode.  I could not think of any episode where she was the guest star, turned out it was one little part with one speaking line. If you blinked your eyes, you would have missed her.  Then she continued on about how she has never used her mom to get a job or could never be accused of 'riding her coat tails' to get ahead in the business. Excuse me, then why do you use the last name 'Rivers' instead of your dads last name?

That fight with Meat Loaf & Gary Busey was insane! Totally made Gary Busey look normal, which is not easy to do!

• Love 1

Surprised they didn't show the scene from season 3 where Maria Kanellis  accused Curtis Stone of taking a stinky poop in their bathroom. It led to her firing.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 3

I remember Melissa being on some talk show (maybe Ellen) at a later time (I can't remember if Joan was with her) and she was asked if she regretted calling Annie and Brande R. whore pit vipers and Melissa said no.

because you know they're not going to agree to do anything that will truly inconvenience them like getting very little sleep

I've heard celebrity contestants say that they get very little sleep.  The day starts at around 4:30 or 5:00 am to get hair & make-up done.  Each task takes two days to complete.  They work a very long day on the first day, and the second day is taken up with finishing up the task, the presentation, etc. and at the end of the day, the boardroom, which can sometimes last until 11:00 pm or later.  The boardroom segments can last up to three hours and are of course edited down for the show.  The contestants work Monday to Saturday and get only Sunday off.

And didn't someone find Meat's bag of suppliencs off in a corner somewhere.

Yes, after all that, after Meatloaf accused Gary of stealing his paint supplies as they returned from the store, someone found them.  Meatloaf must have felt like the biggest fool.

Count me as another one who can't understand why Arsenio's tirade against Aubrey wasn't shown.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 1

I didn't know much about Joan before watching celebrity apprentice. I was 100% team Annie. I didn't like from the start that Joan had Melissa to help her and defend each other in the boardroom. Joan's harsh words to Annie, instead of taking on her on in some epic honest battle bothered me. The only positive about Joan during celebrity apprentice was she worked hard, harder then most celebrities half her age. After CA, I read more about Joan and saw various other shows about her life. I could see she clearly loved her daughter and adored that grandson. I understood her more. I wish more of the loving but never back down Joan came out on CA then the way she played.

I actually ordered the season last week and am going to re-watch it soon. I hope I can watch it and see a more positive edit.

• Love 2

Joan's harsh words to Annie, instead of taking on her on in some epic honest battle bothered me.

She didn't just insult Annie, she also insulted Trump when she smeared the entire industry. When she walked out, the producers should have let her go. At best, she only rated third place for the season.

• Love 1