Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Drama Queens

• Start Topic

Xanax is highly addictive. It has a 3 day half life which means it stays in your system for 3 days..more then any other drug. It's also known as "liquor in a pill" so taking Xanax is the same as drinking. Often when you are detoxed off it you are required to go to AA because it so closely related to alcohol addiction. Lastly Xanax withdrawal is second only to herion in the hell of withdrawal and stopping cold turkey can cause a heart attack. It is a nasty nasty drugand Brandi laughing about taking it makes me ill.

I'm not a fan of the casual benzo eating, myself.  Although my shittier experience is with the long-acting variety, which I think have insidious effects on cognition, healthy anxiety, attention and memory.

That said, they aren't alcohol.  And the withdrawal is also individual, depending on cessation method - and that goes for all of them, opiates too.  I only say this because I think fear of withdrawal hell delays a step addicts maybe would take sooner if they were not terrified.  

I mean maybe Xanax is like alcohol are for some.  I don't know.  I think substance-of-choice is more complicated than addiction theory wants to engage.  I mean, I'm for abstinence because i know it's the safest bet but, because of other conditions, addicts with concurrent illnesses  take AA-disapproved meds on a regular basis without relapse.  

So you never know.  It's all very individual.

Although, and this I really have no idea, what were Kim's favoured pills? I mean, she doesn't strike me as picky.  I always figured her for an alcohol/oxy gal.  But I don't really have any reason I can recall. 

• Love 1

I'm not a fan of the casual benzo eating, myself.  Although my shittier experience is with the long-acting variety, which I think have insidious effects on cognition, healthy anxiety, attention and memory.

That said, they aren't alcohol.  And the withdrawal is also individual, depending on cessation method - and that goes for all of them, opiates too.  I only say this because I think fear of withdrawal hell delays a step addicts maybe would take sooner if they were not terrified.  

I mean maybe Xanax is like alcohol are for some.  I don't know.  I think substance-of-choice is more complicated than addiction theory wants to engage.  I mean, I'm for abstinence because i know it's the safest bet but, because of other conditions, addicts with concurrent illnesses  take AA-disapproved meds on a regular basis without relapse.  

So you never know.  It's all very individual.

Although, and this I really have no idea, what were Kim's favoured pills? I mean, she doesn't strike me as picky.  I always figured her for an alcohol/oxy gal.  But I don't really have any reason I can recall. 

I definitely don't know Kim's pill of choice for certain, but in some ways Xanax makes sense.

A friend of mine would take Xanax on a recreational basis and it had the strangest effect on him.

He would become very assertive to the point of being downright aggressive (both physically and verbally) at times.  He would feel like Superman and think there was nothing he couldn't do.

It was as if something in his system just reacted the direct opposite of the anxiety-relieving, calming, loss-of-inhibition effect that Xanax is supposed to do.

Keeping his scenario in mind and comparing it to Kim's snarky, bitchy, confrontational bullshit when she's clearly catapulted off of the wagon makes me think maybe Xanax is her pill of choice.

As I said in an earlier post, Brandi is practically a spokesperson for Xanax so I can understand that, if Xanax is Kim's drug of choice, there would be added concern on Kyle's part for Kim and Brandi and their poker night behavior.

Also, as I said when I posted that article link a few pages back, unfortunately it's Radar Online and not exactly a bastion of truth.

I'm just trying to pull elements of what might be fact from what we saw of Kim's behavior and what was contained in the article.  

• Love 3

I definitely don't know Kim's pill of choice for certain, but in some ways Xanax makes sense.

A friend of mine would take Xanax on a recreational basis and it had the strangest effect on him.

He would become very assertive to the point of being downright aggressive (both physically and verbally) at times.  He would feel like Superman and think there was nothing he couldn't do.

It was as if something in his system just reacted the direct opposite of the anxiety-relieving, calming, loss-of-inhibition effect that Xanax is supposed to do.

Keeping his scenario in mind and comparing it to Kim's snarky, bitchy, confrontational bullshit when she's clearly catapulted off of the wagon makes me think maybe Xanax is her pill of choice.

As I said in an earlier post, Brandi is practically a spokesperson for Xanax so I can understand that, if Xanax is Kim's drug of choice, there would be added concern on Kyle's part for Kim and Brandi and their poker night behavior.

Also, as I said when I posted that article link a few pages back, unfortunately it's Radar Online and not exactly a bastion of truth.

I'm just trying to pull elements of what might be fact from what we saw of Kim's behavior and what was contained in the article.  

Oh I was not challenging your work.  I appreciate your putting the pieces together :)

Hmm, yeah, I've never heard of an aggressive reaction on benzos but maybe loss of inhibition and some other variablle means the user might feel free to act like an asshole.  I though kim's behaviour was pretty bizarre.  I thought she maybe had a different problem.  I don't know.  It might just be a late-stage addict thing, where users act like they are suffering dementia symptoms or psychosis.  Her slurring is Xanax-y.  Even her snarky belligerence, I suppose.  But that car shit with Lisa?  That was weird and looked hardcore edited.

Edited by runforcover
  • Love 1

Xanax is highly addictive. It has a 3 day half life which means it stays in your system for 3 days..more then any other drug. It's also known as "liquor in a pill" so taking Xanax is the same as drinking. Often when you are detoxed off it you are required to go to AA because it so closely related to alcohol addiction. Lastly Xanax withdrawal is second only to herion in the hell of withdrawal and stopping cold turkey can cause a heart attack. It is a nasty nasty drugand Brandi laughing about taking it makes me ill.

On a lighter note---Does YoYo have a closet in her in her house she keeps those kids in? All we heard for so long was gigi,gigi,gigi, I didn't even know she had other kids. Then gigi leaves ands its all bella,bela,bella. then bella leaves and its' all  anwar.anwar,anwar. She have any more kids we don't know about? If anwar becomes a model will threre will be another kid we never heard about before??

Xanax has a short half life. It is a short acting  benzodiazepine. It is not intoxicating at therapeutic dosages unless you mix it, like Brandi has admitted to, with other substances. It is dangerous to withdrawal from long term, high dose use because it can cause seizure activity, like heavy alcohol abuse withdrawal. I suspect Kim takes considerably more than she is prescribed to get that loopy effect.

• Love 3

Hubby and I were discussing Brandi and her plight on RHOBH.  I was catching a rerun of the last episode and he walked in on the part where Eileen is sharing with Brandi (during LisaR's  jewelry party) that Brandi's description of her home and complaining about her son being home was disrespectful. He noticed how Brandi kept looking away and never made eye contact with Eileen while she apologized...he said she sure looked unnatural and forced.  As if someone had told her she better apologize, but in fact she had no connection to her words.

Then he said something pretty simple---what the heck is an "anxiety ridden person" like Brandi,  in need of  Xanax, doing on a anxiety producing TV show? What do you think...should Andy Cohen/BravoNBC allow a person like Brandi who is obviously ill suited (compared to LisaV, LisaR, Kyle, Eileen and Yolanda) continue to be on the show? 

Edited by RealityTVSmack1
  • Love 1

So here is a story that was released at the time :  http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2011/12/kim-richards-checks-into-rehab/

I chose this one because of the mention of the medications Kim was taking.  If anyone medically inclined (Higgins or NCSocialworker I am thinking of you two but I know there are many others that know their prescriptions medicines) Dr. Paul asks Kim what medications she is on in Episode 10 Season 2 "Your Face or Mine", Kim rattles them off and quickly adds that she doesn't mix them with alcohol-insert belly laugh.

The way Kyle told the story at the Reunion Season 2 which was filmed after Kim left rehab, is Kim said it was time for her to go and gathered her family to tell them of her decision.  Which leads me to believe it was a very long year for Kim's children and family.  Kyle was also adamant when Brandi tried to take credit for Kim going to rehab that it had nothing to do with her.

Kim stayed for the 30 day session and at Betty Ford, they like patients to stay for 90 days Kim opted out and moved into the Beverly Hills Hilton. 

Wait, recently?

Oops I forgot to emphasize the dates Kim went into rehab last late November 2011.

• Love 3

Xanax has a short half life. It is a short acting  benzodiazepine. It is not intoxicating at therapeutic dosages unless you mix it, like Brandi has admitted to, with other substances. It is dangerous to withdrawal from long term, high dose use because it can cause seizure activity, like heavy alcohol abuse withdrawal. I suspect Kim takes considerably more than she is prescribed to get that loopy effect.

Yes, sorry if I wasn't clear.  I simply meant that long-acting are underestimated.  Point being that benzos aren't worth it.  And, yes, suddenly stopping can kill you, so users should see doctors rather than consulting a RH forum.  

I agree.  If Xanax is the problem, Kim is likely taking a lot.  But I imagine she takes a bunch of stuff.  

Also, I know Brandi will likely turn out to be addicted or alcoholic but I'm not totally sold.  I don't know what her problem is but her enthusiasm for drugs and alcohol don't qualify her as either.  I'm annoyed by Lisa Rinna calling Brandi out as an alcoholic.  That's actually for Brandi to do, which is why the identification is even effective.  I'm even super annoyed by Yolanda's drunk-shaming of women - barring any of her personal traumas. Yes women abuse substances, periodically and persistently and some even talk about it before they stop.

Kim is a self-admitted alcoholic. That's kind of the point.

• Love 3

I honestly don't think Brandi would give Kim drugs, or encourage her to drink, or in any way deliberately undermine her sobriety.  She's friends with Jennifer, is that her name?  I think Brandi knows what recovery means, and while she may be many things, I can't see her doing that.  She does know the process.  She may even be too understanding, which could border on enabling.  It just feels to me that when Kim slips, or is tempted by stress *and she has had a lot for an addict, with Monty, with the two weddings, possibly even with her return to acting on REVENGE* she would call a person who would pick up the phone at 2AM.  I can almost hear Brandi saying "It's OK, you slipped, you start again tomorrow."  The problem is, if Brandi had overindulged before the phone call, would she be at her best?  No.

As far as the 2AM phone call though, I just don't find that so strange.  There used to be a saying, something like "Which friend could you call at 2AM?"  I'm lucky in that I have a few friend like that, and I hope (know) that my friends know they could call me.  Crisis don't always happen at convenient hours, and yeah, that may be more true for someone fighting addiction issues.  I've had a few of those calls over the years, usually because of a death or other crisis. 

One last thing, I do think that Brandi was shocked and probably extremely concerned when she actually picked up the phone to call Kyle about Kim.  Maybe Kim was talking about suicide, or felt so hopeless she couldn't see the point of staying sober, or was so out of it that Brandi was scared silly?  If it was really bad, a "friend" or "work friend" WOULD call family, because at a certain point, especially with such a recent friendship, I can see not only thinking "This is way beyond my pay grade" but also, "OMG, what if she dies and I didn't call her family?"

We will only know what was said in the 2am calls if Brandi tells us. She seems to be the one wanting to make sure we all know that Kim is vulnerable enough to be making them. As much as the behavior we have all witnessed makes us question her sobriety, the late night calls to Brandi do the same. So much for Kyle trying to make this a thing.

• Love 4

From that article I suspect she is taking Topamax, Effexor or Paxil and some as needed benzo. That is not an unusual combination for her condition. It can cause memory issues and confusion. Adding an opioid could potentiate the benzodiazepine and vice versa, for sure. These are heavy duty meds but they are often prescribed by psychiatric practitioners together for anxiety.

• Love 3

So here is a story that was released at the time :  http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2011/12/kim-richards-checks-into-rehab/

I chose this one because of the mention of the medications Kim was taking.  If anyone medically inclined (Higgins or NCSocialworker I am thinking of you two but I know there are many others that know their prescriptions medicines) Dr. Paul asks Kim what medications she is on in Episode 10 Season 2 "Your Face or Mine", Kim rattles them off and quickly adds that she doesn't mix them with alcohol-insert belly laugh.

The way Kyle told the story at the Reunion Season 2 which was filmed after Kim left rehab, is Kim said it was time for her to go and gathered her family to tell them of her decision.  Which leads me to believe it was a very long year for Kim's children and family.  Kyle was also adamant when Brandi tried to take credit for Kim going to rehab that it had nothing to do with her.

Kim stayed for the 30 day session and at Betty Ford, they like patients to stay for 90 days Kim opted out and moved into the Beverly Hills Hilton. 

Oops I forgot to emphasize the dates Kim went into rehab last late November 2011.

I read that Kim was to do the 90 day treatment but opted out after 30 days. That would mean she treatment left 60 days early. I tried to find the article I read it on but when I click on it, nothing comes up. Several sites said that Kim entered rehab on December 9, 2011 and was out in early Jan. 2012.

I had not seen that video of her blitzed out of her mind at the airport before! Good Grief, she popped a pill like it was candy on camera! Oh, and the name dropping! LOL

• Love 1

I might have missed this, if it was mentioned here already but, there was a black and white flashback to the poker game where Kim referred to the cigar holder (?)as a dildo. That was not shown in the original pker game episode, was it? Apparently that is what was alluded to when Kim kept making comments and motions with that case.

Edited by GreatKazu

Yes, sorry if I wasn't clear.  I simply meant that long-acting are underestimated.  Point being that benzos aren't worth it.  And, yes, suddenly stopping can kill you, so users should see doctors rather than consulting a RH forum.  

I agree.  If Xanax is the problem, Kim is likely taking a lot.  But I imagine she takes a bunch of stuff.  

Also, I know Brandi will likely turn out to be addicted or alcoholic but I'm not totally sold.  I don't know what her problem is but her enthusiasm for drugs and alcohol don't qualify her as either.  I'm annoyed by Lisa Rinna calling Brandi out as an alcoholic.  That's actually for Brandi to do, which is why the identification is even effective.  I'm even super annoyed by Yolanda's drunk-shaming of women - barring any of her personal traumas. Yes women abuse substances, periodically and persistently and some even talk about it before they stop.

Kim is a self-admitted alcoholic. That's kind of the point.

I don't think it is a reach saying Brandi is an alcoholic.  She readily admits after 2 glasses of wine her behavior changes and she drinks whenever she does not have her kids, is in social situations or on vacations, and by drink that is to excess.  She has been arrested for drunkenness, photographic too drunk to stand up and in fact readily admits to some of her more memorable quotes as being under the influence.  She has written two books describing numerous drunken episodes.  She is being sued for drunken comments made and has alienated a vast majority of her co-workers with drunken behavior and rants. 

Lisa, Kyle, Lisa R, Taylor, Adrienne, Joyce, Yolanda, Camille, Eileen, Vince, Mauricio, Ken, Paul, David, Michael have all worked with Brandi and been on the receiving end of someone who drinks to excess and behaves badly. Production blogs have described Brandi being out of control.  So the fact an assortment of people -just co-workers have been adversely effected by drunk Brandi not to mention her children and family, is a pretty good indication she is an alcoholic.  In Brandi's case the need of self-diagnosis is not necessary.

• Love 9

There's always a "crazy" housewife in every franchise.  Brandi is the "crazy" for Beverly Hills.

I do find it interesting that she seems afraid of Eileen.  I think I like Eileen more because of that.  Eileen and I think to a degree Lisa R can't be baited into the drama which leaves them, in effect, the narrators.

• Love 6

I read that Kim was to do the 90 day treatment but opted out after 30 days. That would mean she treatment left 60 days early. I tried to find the article I read it on but when I click on it, nothing comes up. Several sites said that Kim entered rehab on December 9, 2011 and was out in early Jan. 2012.

I had not seen that video of her blitzed out of her mind at the airport before! Good Grief, she popped a pill like it was candy on camera! Oh, and the name dropping! LOL

The link I posted was dated December 6th so I am quite certain she was in before December 9th,

It is a 30 day program with an gold standard of 90 days http://www.bettyfordcenter.org/treatment-programs/inpatient-

treatment/index.php

Kim started down the 90 day road and opted out after 30 + days of treatment, which was a vast improvement from her earlier hospitalization at Betty Ford where she AMA'd after one week.  The good thing about it is Betty Ford now has an out patient clinic in West Hollywood.  I personally think it is weird to check out before you have a permanent place to live and I am certain with Kim it was probably impulsive and led to a prolonged stay at the Beverly Hills Hilton.  IIRC she was there when Whitney Houston passed away.   

I don't see anything wrong with Yolanda telling Brandi to cool it with the liquor. I don't think she believes that Brandi is actually an alcoholic. If anything she's giving her an out to excuse her wretched behavior. I can't say with any certainty that Brandi is an alcoholic, but she's certainly a mean drunk and that doesn't look cute on anyone.

Yolanda herself drinks and I don't recall her ever telling Lisa to lay off the rosé or Kyle not to indulge in tequila shots. Yoyo's trying to address the comments Brandi makes when she's drinking but unfortunately she's never able to get her point across before a drunk Brandi interrupts her. To be honest, she's not doing much to dissuade the rumors that she abuses alcohol.

I don't think it is a reach saying Brandi is an alcoholic.  She readily admits after 2 glasses of wine her behavior changes and she drinks whenever she does not have her kids, is in social situations or on vacations, and by drink that is to excess.  She has been arrested for drunkenness, photographic too drunk to stand up and in fact readily admits to some of her more memorable quotes as being under the influence.  She has written two books describing numerous drunken episodes.  She is being sued for drunken comments made and has alienated a vast majority of her co-workers with drunken behavior and rants. 

Lisa, Kyle, Lisa R, Taylor, Adrienne, Joyce, Yolanda, Camille, Eileen, Vince, Mauricio, Ken, Paul, David, Michael have all worked with Brandi and been on the receiving end of someone who drinks to excess and behaves badly. Production blogs have described Brandi being out of control.  So the fact an assortment of people -just co-workers have been adversely effected by drunk Brandi not to mention her children and family, is a pretty good indication she is an alcoholic.  In Brandi's case the need of self-diagnosis is not necessary.

The only reason I don't agree with this wholeheartedly is because I think a sober Brandi may be just as much of a bitch at this point. I don't know if you can chalk up all of her antics to alcohol abuse.

But at the same time, the DUI probably should have been a sign not to publish a series of books about drinking. I really feel sorry for her children, it must be impossible to make friends when your mom admits to, among other things, drinking and driving on nat'l tv. Even if the other kids are blissfully unaware, you know other moms will be concerned about playdates if Brandi is driving anyone around.

• Love 7

Nope.  Not a reach. Agreed, per my last post.

It's less about what Brandi, in fact, is and my own, however misguided, attempts to protect women from each other and addicts from themselves.  I am sensitive to what are understandably bandied about diagnoses, regardless of their accuracy, and particularly addiction, because the self-identification piece is key.  I am sensitive to this because I am familiar with the process from top to bottom.     For me, Lisa Rinna's car rant and Yolanda's bullshit snobbery (I was referring to her comment about there being nothing more repulsive than a drunk woman) are self-serving and ideological.  Kyle sat there silently while Lisa Called Shit Out.  Whatever, that arrangement is between them.  Whatever, I maintain that substance abusers, particularly women, are considered uniquely abject.  We like the recovery memoir, not so much the regular updates prior to illumination.  But this is another issue and I appreciate your patience.

I suppose I have been triggered (barf).

And you are all so lovely so, thank you :)

Still, as annoying, as drunk, and as shitty as Brandi behaves, IMO, she functions as a very useful symptom of the whole group dynamic, whether she is its perpetual irritant (as she was hired to be) or a more organic "effect" and out-growth of the RH machine, one that relies on wealthy girl-on-girl barbarism, discipline and its trivializing.  No matter how disgusting Brandi behaves,  I can not see as anything more than these two sides of a symptom.  I don't know what that says about her as a person and, for me, it's irrelevant.  I'm more invested in her function. so the compulsion to diagnose her behaviour, regardless of it heinousness, is more interesting (to me!) than the behaviour itself.  

Okay, so that's my thing.  And I apologize for any lack of clarity.  Also  I am prepared to be wrong, as I frequently am :) 

Despite my personal and professional experience with this crap - regardless, really - including my allegiance with certain recovery philosophies, it is precisely because recovery from addiction matters to me that I also think it is important to refrain from diagnosing others. I really believe in the power of self-identification as part of getting well because the identification has little do with the resume of humiliating drunken mistakes because there is never a good enough reason to stop.  That's how this shit works.  I apologize, again, for my intensity.  But I really think that addicts stop for no other reason than they just stop. There are always "reasons" addicts retroactively apply to narrativize the process.  And there's nothing wrong with that!  But both recovery/identification is a decision without condition. There are always reasons to use and, paradoxically, IMO, there seems to no "reason" to stop, which is why when people stop for stopping (rather than, say, to hang onto their family) they tend to have a more sustainable and richer recovery that is less likely to fall victim to some codependent default. You stop because you stop, you then develop reasons to be alive rather than just sober, hence strengthening sobriety and ensuing feed-back loops of awesomeness and endurance.

So, I do apologize for the rant.

I need to let these idiots go.

I care more about kim than kim, which is no great virtue.  My cat cares more about kim than kim.

But zoeysmom and rho, I really do appreciate your points that calling people out on their shit can be helpful in informing an addict's eventual acceptance of their problem.  Maybe that's what coming next, IDK. I swear !

• Love 4

Brandi drinks wine when her boys are with her. She has tweeted photos of her with a glass of wine while fixing dinner for all 3 of them. She has also tweeted about having wine after the boys are in bed asleep. So her claims about not drinking when she has custody is BS, she drinks around them just not to the point of fall down tampon string exposed excess, but she still drinks in their presence.

The link I posted was dated December 6th so I am quite certain she was in before December 9th,

It is a 30 day program with an gold standard of 90 days http://www.bettyfordcenter.org/treatment-programs/inpatient-

treatment/index.php

Kim started down the 90 day road and opted out after 30 + days of treatment, which was a vast improvement from her earlier hospitalization at Betty Ford where she AMA'd after one week.  The good thing about it is Betty Ford now has an out patient clinic in West Hollywood.  I personally think it is weird to check out before you have a permanent place to live and I am certain with Kim it was probably impulsive and led to a prolonged stay at the Beverly Hills Hilton.  IIRC she was there when Whitney Houston passed away.   

Yes, a 30 day stay is better than 1 week but it was not long enough. When did she decide to change from a 90 day to a 30 day treatment plan? I suspect it was on day 30 that she made that change, she left early IMO, no matter how you slice it. I do not believe that Kim took advantage of out patient help from anyone for longer than a few weeks but that is just my opinion

• Love 5

I had no idea about the "hot minute" stuff.  I thought it meant EXTRA fast, as in "so hot you put it down quickly."  I'm trying to wrap my head around it meaning "slow/long time" but I still don't get where that imagery comes from.  Ha.

Still no blog from Kim.  While checking, something really struck me.  The title of Kyle's blog is "Kyle: Brandi Puts Out Lies, Hoping They Will Stick."  She reinforces that theme in the body of her blog.  It suddenly hit me that it's a defensive maneuver, so she can, if needed, point out later, "SEE!  I TOLD YOU SO, WAY BACK THEN!"  I think she's terrified of what Kim has told Brandi about family "secrets" and Kyle, probably Maurice (as Kim calls him) and possibly even the cigar comment that froze Kyle during poker night.

I honestly don't think Brandi would give Kim drugs, or encourage her to drink, or in any way deliberately undermine her sobriety.  She's friends with Jennifer, is that her name?  I think Brandi knows what recovery means, and while she may be many things, I can't see her doing that.  She does know the process.  She may even be too understanding, which could border on enabling.  It just feels to me that when Kim slips, or is tempted by stress *and she has had a lot for an addict, with Monty, with the two weddings, possibly even with her return to acting on REVENGE* she would call a person who would pick up the phone at 2AM.  I can almost hear Brandi saying "It's OK, you slipped, you start again tomorrow."  The problem is, if Brandi had overindulged before the phone call, would she be at her best?  No.

As far as the 2AM phone call though, I just don't find that so strange.  There used to be a saying, something like "Which friend could you call at 2AM?"  I'm lucky in that I have a few friend like that, and I hope (know) that my friends know they could call me.  Crisis don't always happen at convenient hours, and yeah, that may be more true for someone fighting addiction issues.  I've had a few of those calls over the years, usually because of a death or other crisis. 

One last thing, I do think that Brandi was shocked and probably extremely concerned when she actually picked up the phone to call Kyle about Kim.  Maybe Kim was talking about suicide, or felt so hopeless she couldn't see the point of staying sober, or was so out of it that Brandi was scared silly?  If it was really bad, a "friend" or "work friend" WOULD call family, because at a certain point, especially with such a recent friendship, I can see not only thinking "This is way beyond my pay grade" but also, "OMG, what if she dies and I didn't call her family?"  

You do know generally the authors don't write their own headlines.  That is usually the job of an editor and is done after the story has been submitted.  In this case it is particularly obvious because the headline starts with Kyle's name.  I have not seen Kyle speak in the third person.  Kyle has regularly at the relevant time pointed out Brandi's inconsistent statements, as have others.

If Kim, to get close to Brandi revealed family secrets about Kyle and Mauricio she is a piece of shit.  End of story.  What Kim has said is she wants more attention from Kyle.   When Kim slipped, Kyle was there for her and had a better plan than Brandi.

Kim has not had a lot on her plate.  She helped plan a wedding, which she is quick to correct anyone who said it was anything but a joy.  Kim decided to take Monty in. There is nothing Brandi, Kyle, Kathy Hilton, any of Kim's children can do to stop the cancer or keep him under Kim's control.   She has four grown children.  For Brandi, a month after the wedding to hold this out as an issue is silly.  Kim needs to stop ruminating.  It just always seems odd to me, that Brandi brings up weeks old issues to guilt trip Kyle.

I do agree Brandi would do nothing to thwart Kim by offering substances.  I do think she knows the slip and start over drill.  Obviously Kim was not talking about suicide.  Anyone who deals with a true threat of suicide knows to call the family and then 911. It just seems to me that Kim wants to hang out with Kyle more and given her most recent behavior on the show-why would anyone want to hang out with Kim?  I don't think Kim necessarily wants Ki around when she is hanging out with Brandi.

• Love 3

Actually, I'm off to watch Something's Wrong with Aunt Dianne, which caughtontape, I believe, mentioned.  Have been dreading it for years but the comments here have me inching towards it.  So Lost Stars on YouTube followed by Aunt Dianne. 

Oh my goodness, that documentary! I did not know what to think after I watched it and, to this day, I just all of a sudden out of nowhere think of it while I'm driving! Before I watched it, I assumed it would be somewhat disturbing--somewhat! But that shit went to the far end of the "disturbing" spectrum and that's from a person who loves crime. Documentaries and books, I mean, not like crime-crime.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 8

It's less about what Brandi, in fact, is and my own, however misguided, attempts to protect women from each other and addicts from themselves.  I am sensitive to what are understandably bandied about diagnoses, regardless of their accuracy, and particularly addiction, because the self-identification piece is key.  I am sensitive to this because I am familiar with the process from top to bottom.     For me, Lisa Rinna's car rant and Yolanda's bullshit snobbery (I was referring to her comment about there being nothing more repulsive than a drunk woman) are self-serving and ideological.  Kyle sat there silently while Lisa Called Shit Out.  Whatever, that arrangement is between them.  Whatever, I maintain that substance abusers, particularly women, are considered uniquely abject.  We like the recovery memoir, not so much the regular updates prior to illumination.  But this is another issue and I appreciate your patience.

Still, as annoying, as drunk, and as shitty as Brandi behaves, IMO, she functions as a very useful symptom of the whole group dynamic, whether she is its perpetual irritant (as she was hired to be) or a more organic "effect" and out-growth of the RH machine, one that relies on wealthy girl-on-girl barbarism, discipline and its trivializing.  No matter how disgusting Brandi behaves,  I can not see as anything more than these two sides of a symptom.  I don't know what that says about her as a person and, for me, it's irrelevant.  I'm more invested in her function. so the compulsion to diagnose her behaviour, regardless of it heinousness, is more interesting (to me!) than the behaviour itself.  

Okay, so that's my thing.  And I apologize for any lack of clarity.  Also  I am prepared to be wrong, as I frequently am :) 

Despite my personal and professional experience with this crap - regardless, really - including my allegiance with certain recovery philosophies, it is precisely because recovery from addiction matters to me that I also think it is important to refrain from diagnosing others. I really believe in the power of self-identification as part of getting well because the identification has little do with the resume of humiliating drunken mistakes because there is never a good enough reason to stop.  That's how this shit works.  I apologize, again, for my intensity.  But I really think that addicts stop for no other reason than they just stop. There are always "reasons" addicts retroactively apply to narrativize the process.  And there's nothing wrong with that!  But both recovery/identification is a decision without condition. There are always reasons to use and, paradoxically, IMO, there seems to no "reason" to stop, which is why when people stop for stopping (rather than, say, to hang onto their family) they tend to have a more sustainable and richer recovery that is less likely to fall victim to some codependent default. You stop because you stop, you then develop reasons to be alive rather than just sober, hence strengthening sobriety and ensuing feed-back loops of awesomeness and endurance.

I care more about kim than kim, which is no great virtue.  My cat cares more about kim than kim.

But zoeysmom and rho, I really do appreciate your points that calling people out on their shit can be helpful in informing an addict's eventual acceptance of their problem.  Maybe that's what coming next, IDK. I swear !

I have to say I don't like calling someone an addict or alcoholic and do it with great reservations.  There is one reoccurring theme in the RH show, the person be it Tamra Barney, Teresa Giudice or Brandi Glanville that claim they did x or y or z because they are paid to do it and if they didn't create drama there would be no show.  So instead of claiming they were buzzed, (which Teresa has never done) just own it-I can be an asshole for hire I have kids to feed.  Sadly, there is no one official to back up their claims that they only behave this way because the producers made them do it.)  You don't see a Yolanda, Kyle, Eileen or Lisa Vanderpump  just creating drama for drama's sake. It is almost like the "Girls Gone Bad" videos-sure there would not be any videos if women kept their blouses over their boobs.  

So if to keep your job you feel you need to drop some Xanax, drink more than your limit to 'perform' instead of be yourself than you most likely have a problem. 

• Love 6

Brandi drinks wine when her boys are with her. She has tweeted photos of her with a glass of wine while fixing dinner for all 3 of them. She has also tweeted about having wine after the boys are in bed asleep. So her claims about not drinking when she has custody is BS, she drinks around them just not to the point of fall down tampon string exposed excess, but she still drinks in their presence.

Honestly, I don't mind a parent having a glass of wine when children are around. The problem with Brandi is, from what I have seen, she does not have the ability to stop at one or two glasses of wine.  I mean, she can't seem to stop drinking while on camera, so why should I believe she can stop around her children in private.

• Love 4

There's always a "crazy" housewife in every franchise.  Brandi is the "crazy" for Beverly Hills.

I do find it interesting that she seems afraid of Eileen.  I think I like Eileen more because of that.  Eileen and I think to a degree Lisa R can't be baited into the drama which leaves them, in effect, the narrators.

That's what I think, that maybe because Eileen is kind of like, "Well...OK then" about Brandi's antics (Brantics!) and then goes about her business instead of being one more audience member of the Outrageous Brandi show? Not that it makes much of a difference, though, if everyone else already is paying attention to Brandi anyway, by either shrieking at or defending her (I don't think it makes a bit of difference to Brandi which one it is).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 6

Honestly, I don't mind a parent having a glass of wine when children are around. The problem with Brandi is, from what I have seen, she does not have the ability to stop at one or two glasses of wine.  I mean, she can't seem to stop drinking while on camera, so why should I believe she can stop around her children in private.

I agree, I know many people that have wine with dinner, kids or not. Brandi is the one claiming she does not drink when she has her kids and that is a lie based on the photos she has tweeted. LOL It is just 1 more lie, bs story she uses to show that she does not have a problem with alcohol. Maybe she does not combine her Xanax with wine when the boys are with her and that is the difference but she will never admit to that either.

• Love 6

You don't see a Yolanda, Kyle, Eileen or Lisa Vanderpump  just creating drama for drama's sake.

I suppose it depends on your definition of drama but I've seen Yolanda, Kyle and Lisa create drama for drama's sake.  (I think Eileen was trying to create drama at Lisa Rinna's jewelry party by sitting Brandi down and bringing up the poker party.  But Brandi was either too buzzed or disinterested to take the bait.) 

• Love 2

I suppose it depends on your definition of drama but I've seen Yolanda, Kyle and Lisa create drama for drama's sake.  (I think Eileen was trying to create drama at Lisa Rinna's jewelry party by sitting Brandi down and bringing up the poker party.  But Brandi was either too buzzed or disinterested to take the bait.) 

I think there is addressing an issue and there is saying you are going to knock someone's teeth out or keep calling someone by the wrong name or jumping on someone else's husband lap.   I got the impression with Eileen she is not going to put up with Brandi's nonsense and her feelings were really hurt over her comments about their family home.

I got the impression that Kim and Brandi were trying too hard at Eileen's during the tour and at the poker table.  To me, that was creating drama.  Bringing Brandi to a party uninvited is creating drama, engaging with her  as Kyle did was feeding the drama.

• Love 5

I agree, I know many people that have wine with dinner, kids or not. Brandi is the one claiming she does not drink when she has her kids and that is a lie based on the photos she has tweeted. LOL It is just 1 more lie, bs story she uses to show that she does not have a problem with alcohol. Maybe she does not combine her Xanax with wine when the boys are with her and that is the difference but she will never admit to that either.

Oh, I agree. I just think Brandi's definition of "drinking" is a bit different from most of us.  For her, drinking doesn't mean one glass of wine with dinner. I get the feeling she means drinking, as in, drinking a lot. Not that I buy that either. I don't think she's capable of stopping at one drink.

Edited by CatMomma
  • Love 4

I totally get what you are saying.

• Love 2

I think there is addressing an issue and there is saying you are going to knock someone's teeth out or keep calling someone by the wrong name or jumping on someone else's husband lap.

I agree with that.  But Kyle??  I'm trying to think how I would rank 'em in terms of trying to create drama.  I'll try:  Brandi, Kim, Kyle, Lisa, Yolanda, LisaR, Eileen.  But I honestly think they all create drama.  Just to different degrees.

If the ladies who appear to cause the least drama were discussed more instead of the Top 3 Drama Queens, I think we'd discover more drama.  Right now though, I feel like I'm being owned by Brandi and Kim.  But I'm holding out hope for Eileen and Lisa to bring more to the table.  Preferably not in the form of foul mouths or drunken brawls, please.

• Love 5
You do know generally the authors don't write their own headlines.  That is usually the job of an editor and is done after the story has been submitted.  In this case it is particularly obvious because the headline starts with Kyle's name.  I have not seen Kyle speak in the third person.

No, I don't "know" that.  It seems that Bravo titles the blogs by using a line from the blogs, as they did here.

Here is the line they used for Kyle's.

Brandi always puts out lies about people, hoping they will stick. Just because Brandi says something doesn't make it true.

I still think it's a preemptive strike, more than simply talking about what's already happened.

We shall see.

• Love 3

Here are the meds that Kim told Paul she was taking per an US Weekly article:

While meeting with Adrienne Maloof's plastic surgeon husband, Dr. Paul Nassif, Kim said she's taking Lexapro (anti-anxiety), Trazadone (antidepressant) and Topamax (an anti-seizure medication that can also be used to treat alcoholism).

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kim-richards-and-slurring-2011811#ixzz3R7LmzYEH
Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

Wait, recently?

No when Kim went to rehab while season two was airing - late 2011/early 2012.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 2

Did everyone notice the biggest issue in this documentary?  Because it sticks out in my mind so much that I was actually shocked when she said it.  The entire documentary is based on Jay and Danny trying to prove that Diane was not an alcoholic.  They spend the entire documentary vehemently denying it and also vehemently denying that they wouldn't have known.  Jay was her best friend and Danny was her husband and they would have KNOWN if she were an alcoholic.

And they step out of the big high rise building after having a discussion with a top notch medical examiner who tells them in no uncertain terms that this woman was drunk.  Period.  End of story.  He even lowers the boom when Jay tries to excuse it with the abscess tooth explanation "That still would not explain why she was drunk."  

And Jay lights up a cigarette, looks dead into the camera, smiles gleefully and states that no one in her family knows she smokes.

I about fell out of my chair when she said it.  That alone should've been the a-ha! moment for her, it sure as hell was for me.  And it didn't even phase her.  If I was on the fence about believing the family, I came off it at that point.  Diane was drunk, she was irresponsible and she killed all of them because of it.  I have no problem with the shitty things said about her.  She deserves it.

I can only pray that Kim realizes the toxicity of her relationship with Brandi and backs away.  Brandi will end up like Diane if she's not careful.  She has turned into a drunk who cannot handle her liquor.  And that is very dangerous.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 6

No, I don't "know" that.  It seems that Bravo titles the blogs by using a line from the blogs, as they did here.

Here is the line they used for Kyle's.

I still think it's a preemptive strike, more than simply talking about what's already happened.

We shall see.

The Bravo "editors" title the blogs and also edit out anything that breaks that 4th wall they are never to mention/acknowledge.  Nene and Teresa Giudice are just 2  of the HWs that have posted a blog or 2 on their own sites because the Bravo editors rejected the ones they turned in. Bravo not only edits what we see/hear on the show but they also edit the HW blogs AND monitor what the HWs say in interviews. Brandi has been assigned a "handler" to keep her on track so she does not reveal anything important again. LOL

• Love 6

Did everyone notice the biggest issue in this documentary?  Because it sticks out in my mind so much that I was actually shocked when she said it.  The entire documentary is based on Jay and Danny trying to prove that Diane was not an alcoholic.  They spend the entire documentary vehemently denying it and also vehemently denying that they wouldn't have known.  Jay was her best friend and Danny was her husband and they would have KNOWN if she were an alcoholic.

And they step out of the big high rise building after having a discussion with a top notch medical examiner who tells them in no uncertain terms that this woman was drunk.  Period.  End of story.  He even lowers the boom when Jay tries to excuse it with the abscess tooth explanation "That still would not explain why she was drunk."  

And Jay lights up a cigarette, looks dead into the camera, smiles gleefully and states that no one in her family knows she smokes.

I about fell out of my chair when she said it.  That alone should've been the a-ha! moment for her, it sure as hell was for me.  And it didn't even phase her.  If I was on the fence about believing the family, I came off it at that point.  Diane was drunk, she was irresponsible and she killed all of them because of it.  I have no problem with the shitty things said about her.  She deserves it.

I can only pray that Kim realizes the toxicity of her relationship with Brandi and backs away.  Brandi will end up like Diane if she's not careful.  She has turned into a drunk who cannot handle her liquor.  And that is very dangerous.

It was amazing to me that they tried to explain her buying vodka because she suffered from migraines, and she only bought it to ease the pain.  She had a headache so she downed an entire bottle of vodka. After all, she bought some advil so that proved it.  It was sad and horrifying.  Hearing the calls from the children was awful.

I really had the feeling that the family simply ignored the warning signs, and still refused to see it because had they admitted something was off, they would carry some of the blame. Much easier to say that Diane was a wonderful person than admit that they allowed their children to ride home with her. It was frustrating, sad, and infuriating.

• Love 2

Lexapro is an ssri

Here are the meds that Kim told Paul she was taking per an US Weekly article:

No when Kim went to rehab while season two was airing - late 2011/early 2012.

Ah, that's the trouble sleeping, don't want to gain weight combo. She probably left off the real anxiety meds.

• Love 3

I about fell out of my chair when she said it.  That alone should've been the a-ha! moment for her, it sure as hell was for me.  And it didn't even phase her.  If I was on the fence about believing the family, I came off it at that point.

The whole family must have been in denial about her cigarette smoking, too.  It was written all over her face. She had that pinched, lined lip, oxygen starved face that some smokers get.  Not all. But the ones that smoke a lot. So if her family didn't know she smoked, they're either blind and suffering from anosmia or in deep denial.  If she was that close to Diane, she had to know Diane was a drinker.  So I hope she's feeling some amount of remorse for what happened. 

Did you know that the father of the 3 girls that were killed got sued by the families of the 3 older guys that were killed?  Because he was the owner of the van.  Guess who else sued him for the exact same reason?   Danny.  Like your wife killing his 3 kids wasn't enough.  Don't drink and drive.

• Love 5

I have to say I don't like calling someone an addict or alcoholic and do it with great reservations.  There is one reoccurring theme in the RH show, the person be it Tamra Barney, Teresa Giudice or Brandi Glanville that claim they did x or y or z because they are paid to do it and if they didn't create drama there would be no show.  So instead of claiming they were buzzed, (which Teresa has never done) just own it-I can be an asshole for hire I have kids to feed.  Sadly, there is no one official to back up their claims that they only behave this way because the producers made them do it.)  You don't see a Yolanda, Kyle, Eileen or Lisa Vanderpump  just creating drama for drama's sake. It is almost like the "Girls Gone Bad" videos-sure there would not be any videos if women kept their blouses over their boobs.  

So if to keep your job you feel you need to drop some Xanax, drink more than your limit to 'perform' instead of be yourself than you most likely have a problem. 

I'd say that Kyle and Lisa Vanderpump's drama has been what has kept this show going all of these seasons. They definitely create plot lines and story arcs between the ladies for the cameras. Lisa V. has mellowed out a lot since having her other show though. The Real Housewives has become more of a showcase of her life then about her being a puppet master behind all of the drama, which is honestly a little boring. Kyle continues to create some kind of drama at every function, and somehow manages to rally all the ladies behind her despite her antics, which is annoying.

Brandi tries to create drama, but all the women besides Kim and Kyle either think she's weird or are tired of her. 

Kim doesn't seem to create drama for the show. I remember at some reunion or other Kyle says that Kim wasn't into being on the show and doesn't watch the episodes. What she does is simply who she is, as sad as that is. At least it's authentic. Same with Yolanda. The lady says what she thinks, and I believe she would act the exact same way if the cameras were not there. Drama sometimes is happening around them, but they don't seem to be intentionally creating it. 

• Love 1

The whole family must have been in denial about her cigarette smoking, too.  It was written all over her face. She had that pinched, lined lip, oxygen starved face that some smokers get.  Not all. But the ones that smoke a lot. So if her family didn't know she smoked, they're either blind and suffering from anosmia or in deep denial.  If she was that close to Diane, she had to know Diane was a drinker.  So I hope she's feeling some amount of remorse for what happened. 

Did you know that the father of the 3 girls that were killed got sued by the families of the 3 older guys that were killed?  Because he was the owner of the van.  Guess who else sued him for the exact same reason?   Danny.  Like your wife killing his 3 kids wasn't enough.  Don't drink and drive.

I actually just read an explanation for the suing flying around.  While it looks REALLY shitty for Danny to sue his brother in law after his wife killed his 3 daughters, he's not really suing Warren Hance.  He's suing Warren Hance's insurance company.  He was left with a son who was the only survivor and has serious medical issues afterwards.  So he's suing the owner of the vehicle's insurance company for medical benefits to pay for his son's medical care.  I would assume the Bastardi's are doing the same type of thing.  Suing the insurance company for loss of life type of thing.  

Less shitty....but still kinda shitty.  Since I'm sure the insurance company would either drop Warren or sky rocket his premiums.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 5

I thought it was really funny that Lisar had the foresight to call Kyle, ask how she was doing, make sympathetic noises about Kim, and then be all, "So, this event I'm having at my house, don't be a drama llama." Wouldn't be surprised if Brandi got a call, too, as Lisa seems to have a gift for combining a no nonsense attitude with diplomacy in her interactions. But then here came Eileen subbing in for the heavy hitters - shoulda called them all Lisa!

• Love 6

It was amazing to me that they tried to explain her buying vodka because she suffered from migraines, and she only bought it to ease the pain.  She had a headache so she downed an entire bottle of vodka. After all, she bought some advil so that proved it.  It was sad and horrifying.  Hearing the calls from the children was awful.

I really had the feeling that the family simply ignored the warning signs, and still refused to see it because had they admitted something was off, they would carry some of the blame. Much easier to say that Diane was a wonderful person than admit that they allowed their children to ride home with her. It was frustrating, sad, and infuriating.

The husband's denial was so deep that he even floated the theory that she might have gulped the bottle of vodka thinking it was water! (And I guess she gulped water to take her Advil). That statement was the worst, and saddest, to me. I think he'll believe until eternity that her abscess tooth was the real cause of the accident.

Also, the "my family doesn't know I smoke" comment by the SIL that CaughtOnTape mentioned wasn't just a glib or cute remark. The filmmakers included it to show how this family hides their vices, be it cigarettes, pot, or alcohol. It was game, set, match for me after that.

• Love 5

I just remembered something really else really crappy.  Was it Danny or Jay who told the HBO interviewer that part of the problem in Danny and Diane's marriage was that he never wanted kids.  That he told her when they got married that if she got pregnant, it was all on her because he didn't want kids. Am I remembering that correctly? 

Kyle and Mauricio should never, ever allow their kids to be in a car driven by Kim ever again.  Keeping them out of her house might be a good idea, too.

• Love 3

I just remembered something really else really crappy.  Was it Danny or Jay who told the HBO interviewer that part of the problem in Danny and Diane's marriage was that he never wanted kids.  That he told her when they got married that if she got pregnant, it was all on her because he didn't want kids. Am I remembering that correctly? 

Kyle and Mauricio should never, ever allow their kids to be in a car driven by Kim ever again.  Keeping them out of her house might be a good idea, too.

You are not.  She also intimated that Danny is resentful of Diane because he's left to take care of their son, a kid he didn't even want.  She gave examples about Danny shunning him when he wants to cry or talk about Diane, telling him to get over it or he doesn't wanna hear it.  That kid is gonna be lucky to make it through life without a serious drug or alcohol addiction himself.

And Jay should've never been allowed to speak in that documentary.  She's one of those people who thinks she's helping, but she's not.  Most everything she said damned that family with the public because it only made them look like a delusional family in denial.  The funniest part was her going through the datebook and trying to explain every little mention of a doctor's visit in it.  Like....really?  

My mom had an abscess tooth.  The pain was excruciating.  From what I understood in the documentary, Diane had the abscess tooth more than 2 years before the accident.  Who the hell lives with pain that long?  My mother could barely stand it and it blew her face up like a balloon.  We took her to the ER that night because she couldn't handle it.  But Diane can not only handle it, she can live her life as if it were no big deal but yet, she self medicated because the pain was so bad?

Which is it folks?  Get your lies straight.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 2
Did everyone notice the biggest issue in this documentary?  Because it sticks out in my mind so much that I was actually shocked when she said it.  The entire documentary is based on Jay and Danny trying to prove that Diane was not an alcoholic.  They spend the entire documentary vehemently denying it and also vehemently denying that they wouldn't have known.  Jay was her best friend and Danny was her husband and they would have KNOWN if she were an alcoholic.

And not even that she wasn't an alcoholic but that she wasn't actually high and drunk at the time of the accident, that the toxicology report was wrong or a mistake or the alcohol appeared in her blood because she had an abscessed tooth. So the "she drank a bottle of vodka because she thought that was good for a headache before you drive" or "she drank a bottle of vodka thinking it was water" was the more reasonable explanation.

But all of those sound a lot like the stories Kim has for the messes she gets into. Downing a poisonous level of vodka for a headache or a migraine makes about as much sense as popping cancer medication for your many internal injuries instead of staying in bed or going to the doctor.

• Love 5
So, now, out of the blue, without warning, Max just happens to be present and just happens to be filmed while he raises these issues about his birth parents with Lisa-- who of course will demonstrate, on camera, what a perfect and loving parent she is, as she wipes away a perfect little tear with a perfect pink hanky?

THANK YOU! My NATURE! That people can't see through her b.s. at this point is astounding to me. I'm adopted, and I was DISGUSTED by this OBVIOUS PR play. Interestingly, her treatment of Max is the only "bullet point" Lisa had yet to hit....so, she did. And people BELIEVE her.

Clearly, she read some books (or websites) on how adopted parents are supposed to act, and...well....acted that. And she didn't even do it right! At his age, not giving him the name!? That is bullshit.

And another thing: it's clear that Ken doesn't consider Max his "real" son. His disinterest is telling (and probably has a LOT to do with why Max had issues). Stop making excuses for the scapegrace, Ken! Ken is an asshole. So is Lisa. (I'm still smarting over her changing Avery's name -- and I'm not even one of those "dog lovers"! But it pissed me off. It's just so, LISA.)

• Love 5

I'd say that Kyle and Lisa Vanderpump's drama has been what has kept this show going all of these seasons. They definitely create plot lines and story arcs between the ladies for the cameras. Lisa V. has mellowed out a lot since having her other show though. The Real Housewives has become more of a showcase of her life then about her being a puppet master behind all of the drama, which is honestly a little boring. Kyle continues to create some kind of drama at every function, and somehow manages to rally all the ladies behind her despite her antics, which is annoying.

Brandi tries to create drama, but all the women besides Kim and Kyle either think she's weird or are tired of her. 

Kim doesn't seem to create drama for the show. I remember at some reunion or other Kyle says that Kim wasn't into being on the show and doesn't watch the episodes. What she does is simply who she is, as sad as that is. At least it's authentic. Same with Yolanda. The lady says what she thinks, and I believe she would act the exact same way if the cameras were not there. Drama sometimes is happening around them, but they don't seem to be intentionally creating it. 

Andy interviewed Kim separately when she got out of rehab, she missed the reunion, I think Kyle joined her toward the end of that interview. Andy asked Kim what she thought of herself now that she is sober when she views footage of the show, Kim replied that said she does not watch the show at all because she does not want to know what she did/said, that it would cause her pain. Kim causes as much drama as they all do.

THANK YOU! My NATURE! That people can't see through her b.s. at this point is astounding to me. I'm adopted, and I was DISGUSTED by this OBVIOUS PR play. Interestingly, her treatment of Max is the only "bullet point" Lisa had yet to hit....so, she did. And people BELIEVE her.

Clearly, she read some books (or websites) on how adopted parents are supposed to act, and...well....acted that. And she didn't even do it right! At his age, not giving him the name!? That is bullshit.

And another thing: it's clear that Ken doesn't consider Max his "real" son. His disinterest is telling (and probably has a LOT to do with why Max had issues). Stop making excuses for the scapegrace, Ken! Ken is an asshole. So is Lisa. (I'm still smarting over her changing Avery's name -- and I'm not even one of those "dog lovers"! But it pissed me off. It's just so, LISA.)

You need to read her blog from the week when she got the dog. She kept her name Avery, she did not change it.

• Love 3

I might have missed this, if it was mentioned here already but, there was a black and white flashback to the poker game where Kim referred to the cigar holder (?)as a dildo. That was not shown in the original pker game episode, was it? Apparently that is what was alluded to when Kim kept making comments and motions with that case.

During the poker game the cigar cylinder was being played with by Kim as an award for her sister, then she said it could be used as a dildo after that we saw Kyle get up and go to the bathroom. 

• Love 1