Type keyword(s) to search

Hallmark Movies: Small Town Royalty Magically Celebrating Rekindled Love! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Yeah, it was awful in so many ways. Yet I watched the whole thing, too. And I know many here are not fans of Shenae Grimes-Beech, but she actually didn't stick out as the worst part of the movie besides the hair. The accents were bad, like you said. The writing was either awful or the editing was poor. Like the scene where the deputy drives her to the house all silent and then randomly apologizes to her as he gets out of the car and then neither of them say anything. There were several other weird/poorly written scenes like that. Romantic chemistry was completely lacking. And maybe I was bored and not paying attention enough, but the mystery ended up seeming kind of convoluted and confusing and I lost track of the names of the various victims besides Danny since they were never really onscreen.

Yeah. I couldn't believe White Hot was even more boring than the predictable Hallmark movie that aired on Saturday night.  Lukewarm would've been a better title since that describes the relationship.  And absolutely zero suspense in the mystery.  It's not that I figured it out, I just didn't care. 

Hallmark fave or "fave" Doris Roberts passed away.

I have not yet watched White Hot, and not sure if I will.

I loved Doris Roberts, and she was perfect as Mrs. Miracle.  She was actually great in any role she took on -- so funny and quick.  She played Mrs. Miracle as sweet and caring, a bit mischievous and a little sassy here and there.

• Love 1

And maybe I was bored and not paying attention enough, but the mystery ended up seeming kind of convoluted and confusing and I lost track of the names of the various victims besides Danny since they were never really onscreen.

This was my biggest problem. I could not follow all the different names involved, especially since half of them were dead or otherwise barely on screen. So confusing. Also, I was hung up on why both of the siblings called the dad "Huff." I get that was probably supposed to be emblematic of the type of relationship they had with him, but I still found it strange, and that too caused some confusion for me at times.

Edited by redpencil

My favorite part of White Hot was the commercial they aired during it for The Love Letter.  I've been looking for my dvd of that movie for about a month now and I can't find it anywhere.  Very convenient, so thanks HMM channel.  Other than that, what a waste of adorable Sean Faris.

As for the recent new movies, I skipped the Lisa Whelchel one but enjoyed the other two more than I thought I would.  Especially enjoyed the casting of the parents in both movies.  Good, experienced actors who can bring a little something extra to a supporting role.  As for the mention way above thread that Nicollette being old enough to be a grandmother, she is, but she's also only 52, so a young grandmother (and she's only 2 years older than my sis-in-law who has 2 kids about that age).  But to me, it felt like her character was probably supposed to be in her early 40s at the latest.  I wasn't wild about the lead actress in the one with Brenda Strong, but overall I enjoyed it, contrived storytelling and all.

My favorite part of White Hot was the commercial they aired during it for The Love Letter.  I've been looking for my dvd of that movie for about a month now and I can't find it anywhere.  Very convenient, so thanks HMM channel.  Other than that, what a waste of adorable Sean Faris.

I saw a commercial for another Karen Kingsbury movie coming up called A Time to Dance and my first thought was hoping it won't be a 2 parter too.

• Love 1

My favorite part of White Hot was the commercial they aired during it for The Love Letter.  I've been looking for my dvd of that movie for about a month now and I can't find it anywhere. 

You can find The Love Letter on the Halllmark Hall of Fame website.   The dvds are expensive but you can find older hallmark movies that are difficult to get elsewhere.

• Love 1

I've noticed people post alot of Hallmark movies(as well as movies from the other channels but put Hallmark in the title anyway) on Youtube. I stumbled upon Meddling Mom a movie I loved and haven't seen in awhile and one of the few movies I can recall on Hallmark with  a non white cast. I think it aired on the other channel first and then was moved over to the main  channel. 

• Love 2

Thanks, Luckylyn for the head's up.  If I can't find my copy I may just end up buying a new one.  I won't be able to hold onto it on the dvr forever.  I do appreciate HMM replaying some of the older Hall of Fame movies.  I forgot they had advertised a while back they were playing them on Mondays but I keep forgetting to check what's on.

I have made the mistake of trying to hang on to certain things on the DVR, forgetting to select the "Save until I delete" option, and then the DVR just deletes them when it starts getting too crowded.  That recently happened to me with 2 of last year's new Christmas movies, which I was hanging on to simply because they were almost commercial-free, I enjoyed them, and because I never know which movies will end up on DVD or when Hallmark will decrease them in the rotations.

Since there are no new movies on the main Hallmark Channel until next month -- the earliest one seems to be in mid-May, and I don't think the other one has a date yet -- I was happy to see that 2 of my favorite Hallmark movies (and certainly my top 2 favorite non-Christmas movies) are airing on the same day this weekend.  After a string of movies that were just so-so, or good but not great, I am thrilled to see All of My Heart and Love on the Air again! 

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 1
My favorite part of White Hot was the commercial they aired during it for The Love Letter.  I've been looking for my dvd of that movie for about a month now and I can't find it anywhere.

You can find The Love Letter on the Halllmark Hall of Fame website.   The dvds are expensive but you can find older hallmark movies that are difficult to get elsewhere.

Oh, The Love Letter! My favorite Hallmark Hall of Fame movie EVER. I have the DVD, which I found at a Hallmark store on sale a few years ago, and now I really need to pull it out and watch it again.

I realize they're two different animals, but how did we get from the quality of TLL and so many of the other, older Hallmark movies to the bland pap they crank out now? There are still occasional good ones, like Love at the Thanksgiving Day Parade or Love on the Air (although neither of them are at the HHoF level), but HHoF productions were a home run nearly every time. I know, I know, network budget, different time, etc. but it makes me long for another really, really good movie.

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 2

I like Love On the Air infinitely more than I like any Hall of Fame movie, past or present.  Even aside from LOTA, my favorite Hallmark movies are all movies that are non-Hall of Fame and usually not too serious in tone.  I would probably stop watching the Hallmark Channel if everything was along the lines of a Hall of Fame movie.  Most of the Hall of Fame movies are not my thing, and I am so glad that Hallmark puts the bulk of them on the HMM Channel and keeps the lighter fare on the main Hallmark Channel. 

That's why I stay on the main Hallmark Channel 85% of the time I watch anything Hallmark-related -- I just prefer the general tone of those movies (even if some of them are much better than others) over the general tone of the movies on HMM.  I wasn't thrilled about having to spend more time on HMM last year, when a couple of non-Hall of Fame movies that I love were moved over to HMM, but I will pop over there from time to time to see them if they show up there.  Most of the time, though, if I am watching a Hallmark Channel at all, it is the movies on the main channel.

Didn't most of the older Hallmark Hall of Fame movies air on network television? I could be misremembering. They might have had a way better budget and more time if they were in fact on network television. I like a lot of the Hallmark Hall of Fame movies, but I also like a good portion of the regular Hallmark movies as well. It depends on my mood. I generally get more excited for the ones that are not on as often in both movie categories.

Edited by Misslindsey

You're right, the Hall of Fame shows were on network TV, Misslindsey. I want to say most of them were on CBS.

And Sherry67, I understand what you mean, but since my cable company doesn't offer HMM without having to go into another tier and pay $10-plus more a month, I miss out on a lot of those movies (I'm still bitter about Signed, Sealed, Delivered). So my Hallmark viewing is unfortunately limited to what's on the Hallmark Channel, and some of those are just mind-numbingly bad and shallow--like a badly-written romance or chick-lit novel (and I love both romance and chick-lit). When they're good, they're so enjoyable, but when they're bad, I start losing brain cells. :)

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 1

You're right, the Hall of Fame shows were on network TV, Misslindsey. I want to say most of them were on CBS.

And Sherry67, I understand what you mean, but since my cable company doesn't offer HMM without having to go into another tier and pay $10-plus more a month, I miss out on a lot of those movies (I'm still bitter about Signed, Sealed, Delivered). So my Hallmark viewing is unfortunately limited to what's on the Hallmark Channel, and some of those are just mind-numbingly bad and shallow--like a badly-written romance or chick-lit novel (and I love both romance and chick-lit). When they're good, they're so enjoyable, but when they're bad, I start losing brain cells. :)

I suspect that our tastes differ as to what's good or not good, and that some of the movies I like (which are numerous) are ones that you think are mind-numbingly bad and shallow, but that's cool.  Different strokes for different folks.

I kind of think that $10+ per month extra -- beyond what you already pay -- is not a bad deal to get HMM (and whatever other channels are included in the tier), seeing as that's where they air all of the Hall of Fame movies now (the ones from previous years), as well as all of the more serious movies and movies that a lot of people love (like The Christmas Card during the holidays).  And the 2 brand new SSD movies are coming up later this year.   Also, they are adding in a lot of new content to the channel -- all of the different movie mystery series.  It's rough to do when money is tight -- I definitely understand that -- and if it were $50 extra then that would surely be a reason to avoid it.  At $10 or even $15 extra each month it seems like a good deal.

Oh, The Love Letter! My favorite Hallmark Hall of Fame movie EVER. I have the DVD, which I found at a Hallmark store on sale a few years ago, and now I really need to pull it out and watch it again.

That, along with A Season of Miracles and Caroline? are all probably tied as my favorites.  Such good times.

I know, I know, network budget, different time, etc. but it makes me long for another really, really good movie.

Yeah, me, too.  And yes, budget surely plays a big role, plus so many other opportunities to put out quality drama, dwindling audience, etc.  I wish the Hallmark channels would actually go back to doing less movies a year since I don't think the quality of stuff we get now is even as good as they used to put out not too long ago when we wouldn't get one so often.  I'm not even talking Hallmark Hall of Fame movies, just something with a decent script, sets and actors.  I feel like it's a crapshoot with each new movie as to how many of those things will be missing.

• Love 2

Didn't most of the older Hallmark Hall of Fame movies air on network television? I could be misremembering. The might have had a way better budget and more time if they were in fact on network television. I like a lot of the Hallmark Hall of Fame movies, but I also like a good portion of the regular Hallmark movies as well. It depends on my mood. I generally get more excited for the ones that are not on as often in both movie categories.

The Hall of Fame movies used to premiere and run on network TV.  Many of them eventually moved over to Hallmark's channels over the years..

I think it was in 2014 when Hallmark announced that future new Hall of Fame movies would premiere on the Hallmark Channel (instead of network TV).  So, for example, Away and Back from last year was a Hall of Fame movie that premiered on the Hallmark Channel and then moved over to HMM.  One Christmas Eve with Anne Heche premiered on Hallmark in 2014, and I think it was still on the regular Hallmark channel last holiday season.   Christmas with Holly originally premiered on a network, and then moved to the regular Hallmark Channel, and then over to HMM.  Last year's Just in Time for Christmas premiered on the Hallmark Channel, and I wonder if it will stay on Hallmark this year, or go to HMM.

The recent announcement of the Hall of Fame movie (with Kathy Bates, Dustin Hoffman, etc.) that was supposed to air on CBS was a fluke, I think.  It wasn't a made-for-Hallmark movie and had already been on DVD for a while (not through Hallmark).  It was one of Hallmark's acquisitions, apparently, before they ditched it and decided to not air it.

That, along with A Season of Miracles and Caroline? are all probably tied as my favorites.  Such good times.

Yeah, me, too.  And yes, budget surely plays a big role, plus so many other opportunities to put out quality drama, dwindling audience, etc.  I wish the Hallmark channels would actually go back to doing less movies a year since I don't think the quality of stuff we get now is even as good as they used to put out not too long ago when we wouldn't get one so often.  I'm not even talking Hallmark Hall of Fame movies, just something with a decent script, sets and actors.  I feel like it's a crapshoot with each new movie as to how many of those things will be missing.

I wish Hallmark would dial back on some of the new movies too. They're definitely going for quantity over quality and alot of their new ones are boring and forgettable. Plus all so similar. I don't even want to call some of these rom coms because they're not even funny. I liked the channel better when they had a mixture of different types of movies.  And can they step into the 21st century and add some more diversity? I  think I've seen 2 Hallmark movies over the past several years where the leads weren't white and in their late 20s-mid 40s. 

I kind of think that $10+ per month extra -- beyond what you already pay -- is not a bad deal to get HMM (and whatever other channels are included in the tier), seeing as that's where they air all of the Hall of Fame movies now (the ones from previous years), as well as all of the more serious movies and movies that a lot of people love (like The Christmas Card during the holidays).  And the 2 brand new SSD movies are coming up later this year.   Also, they are adding in a lot of new content to the channel -- all of the different movie mystery series.  It's rough to do when money is tight -- I definitely understand that -- and if it were $50 extra then that would surely be a reason to avoid it.  At $10 or even $15 extra each month it seems like a good deal.

No offense but Tv is already expensive enough without going up and extra tier just for one channel. Especially  when some of us are already paying that $10-$15 a month towards sites like Netflix which gives us access to a wider library of films. 

• Love 3

I wish Hallmark would dial back on some of the new movies too. They're definitely going for quantity over quality and alot of their new ones are boring and forgettable. Plus all so similar. I don't even want to call some of these rom coms because they're not even funny. I liked the channel better when they had a mixture of different types of movies.  And can they step into the 21st century and add some more diversity? I  think I've seen 2 Hallmark movies over the past several years where the leads weren't white and in their late 20s-mid 40s. 

No offense but Tv is already expensive enough without going up and extra tier just for one channel. Especially  when some of us are already paying that $10-$15 a month towards sites like Netflix which gives us access to a wider library of films. 

No offense taken.  I don't program Hallmark   And I agree -- TV and everything else in life is expensive, and getting more expensive all the time.  But I think that $10 - $15 extra per month is fairly reasonable to get all of the content that is being loaded onto HMM, as well as whatever other channels are in the tier -- and especially since I doubt that Hallmark is going to be moving everything from HMM back over to the main channel in the near future.  They seem to have a very clear idea of what kinds of content they want on each channel.

It's at least worth it for the people who are already invested in SSD, and who already know they love the Hall of Fame movies, and who want the other new mystery-oriented content.    

Edited by Sherry67

I'm just glad that regular Hallmark and HMM are included in the Uverse package I have. They haven't gotten me to switch to Directv yet. There's a couple channels in a supposedly special HD tier that's $10 a mo in addition to the $10 HD fee they charge that has a couple channels I'd like out of over 23. The other 20 something channels are all sports ones. That's how they get people though add a channel or two that people want to see in a higher tier hoping people will pay no matter what.

• Love 1

I'm just glad that regular Hallmark and HMM are included in the Uverse package I have. They haven't gotten me to switch to Directv yet. There's a couple channels in a supposedly special HD tier that's $10 a mo in addition to the $10 HD fee they charge that has a couple channels I'd like out of over 23. The other 20 something channels are all sports ones. That's how they get people though add a channel or two that people want to see in a higher tier hoping people will pay no matter what.

I also meant to add that ABC tried airing the Hall of Fame movies for a bit after they went off CBS. I know I saw the one with Zachary Levi and Alexis Bledel called Remember Sunday on ABC.

http://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com/2013/02/hallmark-hall-of-fame-remember-sunday.html

Yes -- you're absolutely right. The Hall of Fame movies used to premiere on CBS, then ABC for a while.  Christmas with Holly originally aired on ABC and then meandered over to the regular Hallmark Channel, and then on to HMM.  That movie with Mary Louise Parker and Andy Garcia started out on ABC and then went to Hallmark and then to HMM.

It's a great thing that Uverse finally got back to Hallmark after so many years away.  I hope they keep the 2 channels for a while, because I am thinking of switching to Uverse.

I know what you mean about a bunch of sports channels you don't want!  Somehow I ended up with a bunch of sports channels -- or a whole sports tier -- that I don't want.  Cable and satellite companies are getting ridiculous with their fees. 

Although I usually don't watch the HMM channel, I'm glad to have it just in case... because as Hallmark keeps making many more new movies each year they will inevitably keep pushing some of the older movies (and "older" could mean just a couple of years old) over to HMM.  Last holiday season they moved several movies (like 6 or 7) over to HMM that all used to be on the main channel, including Trading Christmas, which I never really thought would fit in with HMM's tone.     This year I am expecting at least another 6 or 7 to move over to HMM.

I am a sucker for the Hallmark Hall of Fame movies Loving Leah and Front of the Class. Though neither are that old in terms of HHoF. Also, I now refer to James Wolk as Bob Benson no matter what his character's name is. I do really love Christmas with Holly as well, which is quite recent.

• Love 2

My all-time favorite HHOF movie was "Decoration Day" with James Garner, Ruby Dee, and Laurence Fishburne (who might have been originally billed as Larry), among others. James Garner can do no wrong.

I realize they're two different animals, but how did we get from the quality of TLL and so many of the other, older Hallmark movies to the bland pap they crank out now? There are still occasional good ones, like Love at the Thanksgiving Day Parade or Love on the Air (although neither of them are at the HHoF level), but HHoF productions were a home run nearly every time. I know, I know, network budget, different time, etc. but it makes me long for another really, really good movie.

Maybe because they aired on networks they were able to have bigger budgets and attract bigger stars?  But it's not just Hallmark.  TV movies in general used to be better.  It's true of Hallmark, Lifetime and the networks don't even do them any longer.  I think only the premium channels still do top quality TV movies.

At this point, I will take the new Hallmark movies over the new Hallmark Hall of Fame movies.  I have expectations for the HHOF movies, which have disappointed me as of late, where I know it's a crap shoot with the Hallmark movies. 

But the old school HHOF movies were really good like What the Deaf Man Heart and Caroline.  And the romantic movies?  Forgettabout it. Loving Leah, Follow The Stars Home and The Magic of Ordinary Days were special because they were all different and there was legit chemistry between the leads. 

While I get that it helps their brand, I think the thing that harms the new movies the most is an obvious formula.  If only it would let go of that a bit more.

What the Deaf Man Heard is my all time favorite Hallmark Hall of Fame movie.

I wish this one were aired more often.  I've only seen it once when it originally aired.  I'd love to see it again.

While flipping through channels lately, I've noticed that Up seems to be playing a lot of movies. I know they've had Christmas movies the last several years, but they seem to be getting other movies as well. Ones I have not seen elsewhere. 

Looks like "The Promposal," the movie with Shenae Grimes-Beech, Bailee Madison, and Andrew Walker has had a title change. It's now the much more generic "Date with Love" and is set to debut on May 21st.

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/date-with-love

I can't get over how young Andrew Walker looks in the pictures from this movie! It's like he jumped in a time machine and went back ten years. I guess it's because he's stubble-free and his hair is longer.

Finally got around to watching "White Hot" last night. Agree with everyone who thought it was way too convoluted and confusing. By the end of the movie, I had no idea who'd murdered who, or who anyone was talking about. I didn't buy the "romance" either; there just wasn't any chemistry between the leads or enough build-up to them having feelings for each other.

I am really looking forward to watching the new Florist Shop Mystery, "Snipped in the Bud," on HMM tonight as I thoroughly enjoyed the first one. (I even kept the movie on my DVR for a couple of months and rewatched it before deleting, which is something I never do!) I saw Brooke Shields on a talk show last week, and she said that they'd already shot a third FSM movie, "Dearly Depotted," which will air in June. She said the goal was to do five movies a year.

Edited by BrainyBlonde

I saw the Date with Love business earlier this morning, and started to post it here -- but changed my mind and went over to the RIP Prince thread instead. 

I figured that the title would eventually change, but at least The Promposal gave a clue as to what the movie was about.  Date with Love doesn't tell anyone anything, other than the fact that there might be a date involved. 

It's a great thing that Uverse finally got back to Hallmark after so many years away.  I hope they keep the 2 channels for a while, because I am thinking of switching to Uverse.

I don't think AT&T is accepting new Uverse customers anymore and are trying to redirect current ones to DirecTV. They want to get rid of Uverse eventually and seem to be planning on either keeping the DirecTV name or creating a whole new one. They have all these convoluted plans that make no sense. If I wanted another satellite on the side of my house I would have signed up for DirecTV in the first place.

There's a thread on a deal site I go to for people trying to get retention deals with DirecTV since the AT&T takeover and it shocks me how many people end up going to another provider or cutting the cord completely because they can't get better rates anymore even when offering to go under contract again. I have to call AT&T back at the beginning of May to try and get them to continue with my current rates and I'm not looking forward to it. The choices here are the way overpriced and under-channeled (I know that isn't a word) CableOne or Dish Network if I want to get away from AT&T completely. 

To bring things back on topic somewhat count me in as another one who hates the awful generic names Hallmark seems to give their movies when renaming them. A lot of the original names posted in this thread sound a whole lot better then what a lot of their movies ended up being named when they finally premiered. 

• Love 1

Finally watched "All of my Heart" that came out awhile back. The one with Lacey and Brennan where they share a house together and fix it up.

Super cute. Alot of fans want to turn it into a tv series. I think it would be cute but I'm sure Hallmark would have said something by now.

They are really cute together and I have always enjoyed seeing them in movies. I really like Lacey. She's the perfect Hallmark girl. Cute, funny and just all around a great actress for the network. 

"Date with Love" does not sound too appealing to me. Andrew Walker sure does look different but I might tune in. (love him but him and Shannee don't look like a couple I can get behind)

I am wayyyy too excited about the Hallmark Christmas movies though. My heart is all in for Dan and Erin from "When Calls the Heart" so I'm really hoping that they do a movie together. I would assume some list would be released soon as they usually film alot of them in August. I'm keeping a close eye on Erin's twitter for any updates on her film.

• Love 2

I don't think AT&T is accepting new Uverse customers anymore and are trying to redirect current ones to DirecTV. They want to get rid of Uverse eventually and seem to be planning on either keeping the DirecTV name or creating a whole new one. They have all these convoluted plans that make no sense. If I wanted another satellite on the side of my house I would have signed up for DirecTV in the first place.

There's a thread on a deal site I go to for people trying to get retention deals with DirecTV since the AT&T takeover and it shocks me how many people end up going to another provider or cutting the cord completely because they can't get better rates anymore even when offering to go under contract again. I have to call AT&T back at the beginning of May to try and get them to continue with my current rates and I'm not looking forward to it. The choices here are the way overpriced and under-channeled (I know that isn't a word) CableOne or Dish Network if I want to get away from AT&T completely. 

To bring things back on topic somewhat count me in as another one who hates the awful generic names Hallmark seems to give their movies when renaming them. A lot of the original names posted in this thread sound a whole lot better then what a lot of their movies ended up being named when they finally premiered. 

I think I can still get Uverse if I want it (right now -- maybe not in 6 months) because I'm an existing AT&T customer and they always offer me various bundle deals, to bundle internet and Uverse cable.  I just talked to a couple of AT&T people on the phone in the last month, and they were still pushing Uverse.  I think that anyone in my building who doesn't already have Time Warner, has Uverse.   There are a lot of satellite customers in surrounding neighborhoods, but I don't think anyone in my building has satellite.   I have not seen any dishes. 

Time Warner is outrageously expensive, and their Internet service is especially terrible. The introductory offers for a bundle from AT&T are very attractive right now (though I have no doubt that they would eventually become outrageous too).  I just don't trust them with Hallmark. It's not like with other cable providers who drop a network for a month or two.  AT&T was without Hallmark for years -- and there's no way I can be without my 2 months of the Countdown to Christmas.  That's the main thing I care about, although I like that they are making more movies to fill in the gaps during the rest of the year.

Finally watched "All of my Heart" that came out awhile back. The one with Lacey and Brennan where they share a house together and fix it up.

Super cute. Alot of fans want to turn it into a tv series. I think it would be cute but I'm sure Hallmark would have said something by now.

They are really cute together and I have always enjoyed seeing them in movies. I really like Lacey. She's the perfect Hallmark girl. Cute, funny and just all around a great actress for the network. 

"Date with Love" does not sound too appealing to me. Andrew Walker sure does look different but I might tune in. (love him but him and Shannee don't look like a couple I can get behind)

I am wayyyy too excited about the Hallmark Christmas movies though. My heart is all in for Dan and Erin from "When Calls the Heart" so I'm really hoping that they do a movie together. I would assume some list would be released soon as they usually film alot of them in August. I'm keeping a close eye on Erin's twitter for any updates on her film.

I love, love, love All of My Heart -- I usually prefer the Christmas movies over everything else on the Hallmark Channel, but AOMH and Love On the Air are my two favorite non-themed/non-seasonal Hallmark movies.   I think the ending of AOMH is a bit accelerated -- because he proposes marriage after they basically just got together -- but I'll live with that. 

I think that Lacey and Brennan have great chemistry, and it's funny to me because I never really thought of them together as an onscreen couple prior to AOMH.  It never crossed my mind to put them together.  Brennan doesn't do a lot of actual movies for Hallmark -- or at least he is not as prolific in movies as other people are -- so I was very happy that he did two of them with Lacey last year.

I still can't figure out if Erin is doing a separate movie from what Daniel is doing, or if they are in the same movie, but I am thinking that it won't be a WCTH movie.  It would be interesting to see them together in a contemporary story/movie outside of the WCTH storyline.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 2

While flipping through channels lately, I've noticed that Up seems to be playing a lot of movies. I know they've had Christmas movies the last several years, but they seem to be getting other movies as well. Ones I have not seen elsewhere. 

UP has been playing movies for years since back when the channel was still GMC. They just don't do as many original movies. Most of their movies are ones they purchase the distribution rights too. They do quite a few aimed at children as well. During the World Cup they showed two soccer theme movies. 

Edited by In2You

I've seen quite a few stinkers/clunkers on UP and the makers of those movies are lucky they found a channel to air them. I've seen a few good ones too but their bad ones make Hallmark's clunkers look like masterpieces sometimes. 

• Love 2

I think I can still get Uverse if I want it (right now -- maybe not in 6 months) because I'm an existing AT&T customer and they always offer me various bundle deals, to bundle internet and Uverse cable.  I just talked to a couple of AT&T people on the phone in the last month, and they were still pushing Uverse.  I think that anyone in my building who doesn't already have Time Warner, has Uverse.   There are a lot of satellite customers in surrounding neighborhoods, but I don't think anyone in my building has satellite.   I have not seen any dishes. 

Time Warner is outrageously expensive, and their Internet service is especially terrible. The introductory offers for a bundle from AT&T are very attractive right now (though I have no doubt that they would eventually become outrageous too).  I just don't trust them with Hallmark. It's not like with other cable providers who drop a network for a month or two.  AT&T was without Hallmark for years -- and there's no way I can be without my 2 months of the Countdown to Christmas.  That's the main thing I care about, although I like that they are making more movies to fill in the gaps during the rest of the year.

I love, love, love All of My Heart -- I usually prefer the Christmas movies over everything else on the Hallmark Channel, but AOMH and Love On the Air are my two favorite non-themed/non-seasonal Hallmark movies.   I think the ending of AOMH is a bit accelerated -- because he proposes marriage after they basically just got together -- but I'll live with that. 

I think that Lacey and Brennan have great chemistry, and it's funny to me because I never really thought of them together as an onscreen couple prior to AOMH.  It never crossed my mind to put them together.  Brennan doesn't do a lot of actual movies for Hallmark -- or at least he is not as prolific in movies as other people are -- so I was very happy that he did two of them with Lacey last year.

I still can't figure out if Erin is doing a separate movie from what Daniel is doing, or if they are in the same movie, but I am thinking that it won't be a WCTH movie.  It would be interesting to see them together in a contemporary/story movie outside of the WCTH storyline.

Agreed, I didn't think they would go together but they really do. I think it was effortless for them. They play off each other well and they have a great chemistry to make you feel like it makes sense. I do think the ending is rushed but like all Hallmark movies, all friends are together with the couple in the end. And I totally loved Ed Asner. He didn't have much to to do here, but he's just such an old school guy that you can't help but love him.

And yes, I would be interested to see what Erin and Daniel end up doing. Like I said, it would be hard for them to do separate movies (they could but I only seem that as being together, I know, but it's them! :) ) but it can happen (contemporary would be awesome). I know they shoot those movies in like 2 weeks. Amazing.

• Love 1

I've seen quite a few stinkers/clunkers on UP and the makers of those movies are lucky they found a channel to air them. I've seen a few good ones too but their bad ones make Hallmark's clunkers look like masterpieces sometimes. 

The Dog  Ones from G It's Entertainment were pretty bad. Not sure how those got picked up. They used to do a lot of stage plays back when it was GMC. 

I'm still not sure what Hallmark is trying to do with Date with Love. And like I said before after a certain age you're not allowed to attend prom. Shenae Grimes looks clearly alot older than the highschoolers as does Andrew Walker. Prom is not for adults.

In general, I like that UP is beginning to make more movies, or acquire more movies, and although their movies are usually -- with only a couple of exceptions -- not my cup of tea, I think there is an audience out there for the stories that are often more serious in nature, sometimes faith-based, and not just breezy romantic comedies.

But yes.... it can be hard for me to get through some of the UP movies.  Some of the concepts are good in theory, but they feel very low budget most of the time, and the stories can seem to drag.    If I am pressed for time and have almost no space left on the DVR, I am usually not putting the UP movies at the top of the list.  I will make time and room for them if I have cleaned off the DVR and have some extra time -- or if someone is in the movie that I like.   Otherwise, I don't pay too much attention.

Net at It's a Wonderful Movie just posted a blog about a new UP Christmas movie, and the interview she did with the person who wrote the story.

Agreed, I didn't think they would go together but they really do. I think it was effortless for them. They play off each other well and they have a great chemistry to make you feel like it makes sense. I do think the ending is rushed but like all Hallmark movies, all friends are together with the couple in the end. And I totally loved Ed Asner. He didn't have much to to do here, but he's just such an old school guy that you can't help but love him.

And yes, I would be interested to see what Erin and Daniel end up doing. Like I said, it would be hard for them to do separate movies (they could but I only seem that as being together, I know, but it's them! :) ) but it can happen (contemporary would be awesome). I know they shoot those movies in like 2 weeks. Amazing.

Do you follow the It's a Wonderful Movie site?  Net at It's a Wonderful Movie has been keeping a running blog with all of the details coming in about this year's new Christmas movies (not just for Hallmark, but any channel).  She just added some new stuff to it, in fact, and she updates her earlier postings in the blog if new info comes in.   There are some details she has not yet posted, that I know she is hanging on to until more info comes in, or until something official comes out, and I guess she has not included anything about Daniel and Erin yet because it is not known if they are starring in one movie together, or in 2 separate ones.

Other than that, it looks as though we will be seeing Candace Cameron-Bure, Lacey Chabert and Paul Greene, Leah Renee and Niall Matter, Jill Wagner and Wes Brown, probably Cindy Busby and possibly, maybe, Alicia Witt and Autumn Reeser in Christmas movies this year.  (There is other info I'm aware of too, but I don't want to mention it here until Net posts about it.)

Although Andrew Walker has already done a Valentine movie this year, and now a Promposal-themed movie, I would not mind seeing him return for Christmas!  There can't be enough Andrew, Jonathan Scarfe, Brennan Elliott or Paul Greene for my liking.  I would like more of David Sutcliffe.  Steve Lund can return, as long as he doesn't partner up with Shenae again.   I also like Paul Campbell's humor, and I am beginning to take a liking to Christopher Russell.  Initially I thought Christopher was just a Ken Doll type, and he kind of is, but I saw a photo of him looking scruffy, with kind of slicked-back hair, and it made me rethink my opinion of him.  The guy in The Bridge (Wyatt Nash) can return to my TV too, if he would like to.

Bring on the eye candy!

Edited by Sherry67

I had already seen Danica McKellar's video announcement, but here is the actual article with the schedule for June Weddings (Net at IAWM shared it with me) -- https://www.yahoo.com/tv/hallmark-june-weddings-danica-mckellar-144609563.html

I uncovered (with some clever sleuthing) Rachel Boston's involvement in Stop the Wedding early last week, along with Alan Thicke and Teryl Rothery (the only name that had previously been attached to it was Niall Matter).  I was tipped off to Vanessa Marcil's role in The Convenient Groom by someone else about 1-1/2 weeks ago.  And it was easy to guess that Danica, Kavan, Christopher and Tammy were shooting Wedding Bells, so now it's confirmed.

I'm so glad they are going for 4 new June Wedding movies this year, instead of 3 like last year.  So between Date with Love, Tulips in Spring and these 4 new wedding movies, we have a good handful of new movies coming up, which will lead us right into Christmas in July (there should be at least one new movie for that), and then immediately into the Summer Nights event.

I am guessing that Ms. Matched might end up as part of Summer Nights, along with Bad Date Chronicles (which is sure to get a title change).

Edited by Sherry67

Well I see they already switched up the plot to Stop the Wedding by making the bride an aunt who raised her instead of her mother.  Alan Thicke is perfect casting for the groom though.

Edited by In2You
  • Love 1

Oh, cool!  That's even better!  For some reason I didn't even think to look for this title on the Hallmark site, as it is still filming and I figured they didn't know when it was airing.  But the sooner, the better.  It makes perfect sense, too, as a sort of transitional movie between the May movies and June Weddings, since it has a wedding element to it.

So that means that we will have the back-to-back May movies (Tulips in Spring, Date with Love and Ms. Matched), and then immediately into June Weddings movies without a gap in the action.   Then maybe Bad Date Chronicles (or whatever it ends up being called) will fit into the Summer Nights movie event -- but hopefully there will be more than one movie for Summer Nights.

Edited by Sherry67

I'm still not sure what Hallmark is trying to do with Date with Love. And like I said before after a certain age you're not allowed to attend prom. Shenae Grimes looks clearly alot older than the highschoolers as does Andrew Walker. Prom is not for adults.

I'm fairly confident Andrew Walker's character is a teacher, and he and Shenae are probably chaperones.

I said a couple of weeks ago or so that it seemed as though David Lloydy (a gentleman of color) was going to be the lead actor in the movie, Ms. Matched. which is airing next month.  Every tidbit I found and saw about the movie did not indicate anyone else would be the lead male (opposite Alexa PenaVega).  I think I even said here on this forum that, unless another actor suddenly appears out of nowhere to star in the movie, then it looked as though we were going to see a gentleman of color starring in a Hallmark romantic comedy for the first time (not as a supporting player, but as an actual lead).

Well, another actor suddenly popped up out of nowhere, and David Lloydy is not the lead.  Instead, Shawn Roberts is the lead -- he was in Recipe for Love and in I Do, I Do, I Do.  There was no trace of Shawn Roberts being in the movie and then there he is, all of a sudden! 

A similar "surprise lead actor" thing happened last year with the filming of the Christmas movie 'Tis the Season for Love, when there were no signs of Sarah Lancaster being in it until one of the supporting actresses finally revealed on Twitter or somewhere that Sarah was the star.  And it also happened during the filming of Appetite for Love.  Looking at all of the filming info and photos, it appeared that Marcus Rosner was the leading man.  Not even a trace of Andrew Walker.  And then, out of the shadows emerged Andrew!

I only found out about Shawn Roberts when someone else drew my attention to the article that mentions it (yesterday) -- http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Hallmark-Channel-to-Premiere-Three-Original-Movies-in-May-20160427

On 4/26/2016 at 0:23 AM, redpencil said:

I'm fairly confident Andrew Walker's character is a teacher, and he and Shenae are probably chaperones.

According to the synopsis she's the celebrity prom date who accepted the promposal.

Edited by In2You
  • Love 2

Someone brought it to my attention that Fall Harvest has finally made it back into the "celebration" promo that advertises all of the different movie events on the Hallmark Channel.   The edited version of the ad just started running.  I guess now that Winterfest, the Countdown to Valentine's Day and Spring Fling are behind us, the ad could be revised to include 3 more titles.  So now, the way it plays out onscreen is: June Weddings, Summer Nights, Christmas Keepsake Week (or Christmas in July), Fall Harvest and Countdown To Christmas, in that specific order.

Hallmark must have inadvertently gotten Summer Nights and Christmas Keepsake Week switched up.  June Weddings has 4 new movies, and will end when June ends.  Christmas Keepsake week usually lasts 10 days, covers 2 weekends, and culminates with the Keepsake Ornament Premiere weekend (which is the second weekend in July).  Even if Christmas Keepsake Week/Christmas in July started with the Ornament Premiere weekend this year, there is no way Summer Nights could fit in between June Weddings and Christmas Keepsake if there are multiple movies involved.  So I think Hallmark goofed.  Summer Nights will probably come after Christmas Keepsake and before Chesapeake Shores begins.

On the main Hallmark Channel (not counting whatever is on HMM), I guess we're looking at: 3 new movies in May; 4 new movies in June; probably 1 or 2 new movies for Christmas Keepsake Week; probably 3-4 new movies for Summer Nights; maybe 4-5 new movies for Fall Harvest; and at least 17 new movies for the Countdown to Christmas (more like 18, I'd guess).  And there may be a random movie or two thrown in later in the summer that is not attached to any sort of event.  Lots of new movies ahead.

My math could be wrong, but I think that means that by the end of the year, we will have seen at least 44/45 new movies from Hallmark in 2016 (again, only on the main channel -- not counting HMM).  I think that's more new movies than they have ever put out in a single year.  They're definitely building up their weekends, with movies on Saturdays and series in Sundays.  But they have 5 whole weeknights that show nothing but repeats of non-Hallmark series.  I wonder if they will ever turn their attention towards the week and put some original content there.  It requires money -- probably more than Hallmark has to work with -- but 5 consecutive nights of non-original programming is a huge block of time to do nothing with.

Edited by Sherry67
(edited)

In case anyone else might want to watch or DVR them. I thought I'd mention that Sarah, Plain and Tall, Skylark and Sarah, Plain and Tall: Winter's End are going to be airing on HMM starting at 11est/10ct this morning.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1
(edited)

A couple of things --

1) The full schedule for June Weddings is up now, meaning all 8 days of wedding-themed movies in June.  As is always the case, Hallmark can and probably will change something around before the movies air.  They really could have ditched one of the non-wedding-specific movies and put in Before You Say I Do (starring David Sutcliffe, who is also going to be in The Convenient Groom with Vanessa Marcil).  Here is the current schedule -

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/june-weddings/movie-schedule

2) I am wondering which new movie Hallmark will choose to be the headliner for the Christmas Keepsake week in July.  If they are only showing one new Christmas movie in July, I have to think it will be a movie that stars one or more of the Hallmark heavy hitters/regulars.  I am going to guess that they will whip out the one that Lacey Chabert and Paul Greene are shooting right now -- A Wish for Christmas -- or maybe something that was quietly filmed late last year, when no one was looking! 

This is funny --

3) I have to give props to In2You for suggesting PixL.  Although I don't have the actual cable channel, and although I am not too interested in most of the PixL-exclusive movies I see on there (so far), the YouTube channel actually comes in very handy for Hallmark fans who constantly ask about certain movies that are not on DVD.  There is a whole hotbed of the never-before-released-to-DVD Hallmark movies on the PixL channel, some with different titles, and that is a great option for having access to the movies in lieu of DVDs.  As long as those movies stay on the channel for all or most of the year, then the annual price or even the monthly price is very worthwhile -- on top of having new PixL movies to watch for people who want them.  Those movies (I pulled up Matchmaker Santa, The Wish List and Backyard Wedding) may never come out on DVD at all, and this is a way to have them so that they don't take up room on the DVR.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Paul Greene and Lacey Chabert have very good potential.  I hope the premise is good too.

I think so too.   It's funny because the first couple of photos of them together earlier in the week made it appear as though they were not totally comfortable with each other yet.  Now, in all of their Instagram photos they are goofing off and looking like old friends.  Lacey said that her character is not pregnant in the movie, so she is hiding her belly with large purses and coats and things.

• Love 1