Type keyword(s) to search

Ariana Madix: Smarter and Prettier than You!

• Start Topic

On 6/13/2024 at 3:38 AM, b2H said:

Look at it this way:

What do the other chuckleheads have going for them?  Other than podcasts and Sandoval’s stupid band, this puts Ariana far and away higher on the totem pole than the rest of them, in addition to her Broadway role.

• Like 1

Apologize for the empty reply above.  What I wanted to say was you know Lala and Scheana are seething that there's no real $$$ coming in while Ariana has a nice steady stream.  And I still think Bravo is weighing continuing VPR in its present form - sure there were great ratings this season for Sandoval but frankly that's run its course.  No one really cares about it anymore.

How many podcasts from these Chucklefucks does the nation need.  I predict if VPR goes off the air, in a year those podcasts will be history too.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I read on Facebook that Scheana and Brock have been trying to attach themselves to James. Because he is the only cast member, they haven’t egregiously offended, who seems to be succeeding beyond the VPR show. They want to ride on James’s coattails.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
11 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I read on Facebook that Scheana and Brock have been trying to attach themselves to James. Because he is the only cast member, they haven’t egregiously offended, who seems to be succeeding beyond the VPR show. They want to ride on James’s coattails.

I sincerely hope that he doesn't take the bait.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 6/19/2024 at 1:08 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Hannah put mascara on, preparing for bed

I think they should spin off

Love Island, Ugly Edition

Love Island, Over Fifty Edition

Love Island, Geek Edition

I remember when she kissed kordell she quickly dragged him upstairs to wash his face right after which I found odd. But then when I saw how much she piles on, I was shocked. Now I'm curious what her real lips and eyes look like.

I find Rob absolutely gorgeous.. I'd be nervous being around someone that beautiful 24/7. At least he doesn't appear cognizant of how attractive he is. I didn't understand the Rob/ Leah attraction because she's clearly short a few marbles.

2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I don't know why, but I've never minded Scheana. She's always been a fence sitter, but she hustles her butt off when it comes to earning a living. Plus she's never viewed herself as too good for anyone.

Then again, it's all about me and since she and I share a birthday, I like her. I'm so shallow... Hey! Just like Scheana. 

• LOL 4
10 hours ago, Chalby said:

I remember when she kissed Kordell, she quickly dragged him upstairs to wash his face right after, which I found odd. But then when I saw how much she piles on, I was shocked. Now I'm curious what her real lips and eyes look like.

I find Rob absolutely gorgeous.. I'd be nervous being around someone that beautiful 24/7. At least he doesn't appear cognizant of how attractive he is. I didn't understand the Rob/ Leah attraction, because she's clearly short a few marbles.

I don't know why, but I've never minded Scheana. She's always been a fence sitter, but she hustles her butt off when it comes to earning a living. Plus she's never viewed herself as too good for anyone.

Then again, it's all about me, and since she and I share a birthday, I like her. I'm so shallow... Hey! Just like Scheana. 

Ha!

I also think Rob is sooooo attractive. I would have to go elsewhere. I would be a nervous, giggly mess around him.

Leah is so dramatic!

Excellent points with regard to Scheana!

• Love 1

Rob knows how to slay a girl with bedroom eyes, lol. He's definitely attractive, but I think it's the way he looks at you that causes the fanny flutters.

Hannah was/is sweet but I never believed that she is the kind of girl that Kendall would bring home to his mum. He doesn't come from a bottle girl type home, IMO. Someone somewhere else said that Kaylor also works as a bottle girl, but she is in school, too, which makes a difference.

The makeup was truly mindboggling, but as someone pointed out elsewhere, she mentioned having a condition that causes her to sweat more than normal, so that may be the root cause of the makeup rubbing off everywhere. She looked nice after washing her face, so should have just toned it way down. Wishing her the best, though!

Leah is a drip and already has deep frown lines.

I need a life because I'm way too old to be watching LI and keeping it a dirty secret from all of my friends!

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, politichick said:

Rob knows how to slay a girl with bedroom eyes, lol. He's definitely attractive, but I think it's the way he looks at you that causes the fanny flutters.

Hannah was/is sweet but I never believed that she is the kind of girl that Kendall would bring home to his mum. He doesn't come from a bottle girl type home, IMO. Someone somewhere else said that Kaylor also works as a bottle girl, but she is in school, too, which makes a difference.

The makeup was truly mindboggling, but as someone pointed out elsewhere, she mentioned having a condition that causes her to sweat more than normal, so that may be the root cause of the makeup rubbing off everywhere. She looked nice after washing her face, so should have just toned it way down. Wishing her the best, though!

I need a life because I'm way too old to be watching LI and keeping it a dirty secret from all of my friends!

Ha!! 

So I am no medical doctor, but isn’t the term fanny flutters inaccurate? My son, for the first ten years of his life, believed women usually give birth anally. No matter how many times I set him straight. (I think he just thought it was funnier than giving birth vaginally.)

So no matter how sexy Rob, Hakeem, Connor and Miguel are, my fanny is not going to flutter. 

See, I would have agreed with you here. But my nephew-in-law is the son of a CEO. He graduated from Stevens Institute. He just got engaged to a woman they would have cast on “Jersey Shore.” Spray tan, surgically-enhanced lips, bottle blonde.

Leah vacuums. What a whiny, grudge-holding, mediocre-looking wet blanket. Why do the hot guys like her? Hannah claims that Leah told her that Rob and Leah were already discussing travelling together after the show wraps. 

That I watch all these caca shows will go with me to my grave. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, politichick said:

I initially assumed Leah was innocently "stunned" and harmless, but I see her true colours. I don't see why Connor paired with her, especially after he confided his interest in her, she still ranted about Rob and didn'teven care. Yet, now they're a couple.

As for the guy with rules for Liv (Corey or Hakeem... can't remember) my mouth dropped. Any guy listing things a gal "need to change" 24 hours after meeting, needs to find a mirror to reflect on what an asshole he is. I'd drop kick him into yesterday, where 'maybe' he still had a bit of intelligence.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

What a whiny, grudge-holding, mediocre-looking wet blanket. Why do the hot guys like her? Hannah claims that Leah told her that Rob and Leah were already discussing travelling together after the show wraps. 

Exactly! I don't get what they see in her. Then again, some guys are drawn to women who appear feeble minded, yet will talk to them and treat them like they're garbage, and the men are into it.

My kids know I need my reality shows as brain candy, to wind down with at night. I've had to be alert and quick-witted for my career, so reality TV helped me de-stress when I get home.

• Applause 1
1 hour ago, Chalby said:

Exactly! I don't get what they see in her. Then again, some guys are drawn to women who appear feeble minded, yet will talk to them and treat them like they're garbage, and the men are into it.

My kids know I need my reality shows as brain candy, to wind down with at night. I've had to be alert and quick-witted for my career, so reality TV helped me de-stress when I get home.

Feeble-minded!!! Hahahaha!

Yes, Connor was trying to charm and woo Leah, but she was too preoccupied by her hatred for Rob to acknowledge it or to even give him a reason to continue pursuing her.

The way Leah yelled at JaNa ticked me off. “He’s not your boyfriend!” Leah, project much? Also, in what world is it rude to deliver eggs to a guy when he’s talking to another woman? JaNa should have been more sensitive, since Serena hasn’t had any sparks with any of the guys, before Miguel showed up? Get out of here. I like JaNa because she is reasonable and willing to apologize (even when she’s not wrong).

Liv was funny. “I didn’t realize that was my name.”

Ariana said that Connor did something that changed her opinion of him. Does anyone understand what she meant?

• Love 1

Ariana said that Connor did something that changed her opinion of him. Does anyone understand what she meant?

I wonder if she was privy to any private chats between Conner and Rob? Maybe she overheard a cold and calculated game plan?

Now you've got me searching reddit... how low can I go...? LOL

• LOL 1

Ha!! Now Leah doesn’t like Connor, because he’s too nice. She actually admits that she likes men who make her feel as if she’ll end up in the psych ward. 

They played hide-and-go-seek and thought JaNa won - - because no one realized Kendall was still missing, not even Nicole.

Liv’s style of flirting is rather off-putting. She almost negs.

Why did someone say, “I miss Vickie”?

I am hooked on this stupid show. My main reason for watching is because if I don’t watch every night, I will fall too far behind.

The last couple of episodes prove that they don’t really need Ariana. 

The guys seem so much more grounded, and are having much more fun. Most of the women are agonizing over every little slight. 

12 hours ago, Chalby said:

I wonder if she was privy to any private chats between Conner and Rob? Maybe she overheard a cold and calculated game plan?

Now you've got me searching reddit... how low can I go...? LOL

Ariana loves JaNa and probably doesn't appreciate the way he's treated/talked about her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, snarts said:

Yo, there's a Love Island US forum

THANK YOU! I couldn't take another minute of this! Can we please get back to Ariana being smarter and prettier than the shrews on VPR?! Because, yanno, she totally is.

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I just realized I haven't seen any commercials with Arriana in them for awhile. Is it because she's not as popular now, or because all those commercials aired during Vanderpump Rules?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, Gharlane said:

I just realized I haven't seen any commercials with Ariana in them for awhile. Is it because she's not as popular now, or because all those commercials aired during Vanderpump Rules?

I haven’t seen any either. Facebook VPR fans showed a new product they are paying her to promote. A self-cleaning cat litter box.

There is one Facebook group that detests Ariana.

• LOL 1

I am watching Season I of Love Island UK, since one of you posters mentioned that the UK version is the series Ariana was obsessed with.

Uh, the misogyny is rampant. The guys all seem to objectify women and all seem like players who ghost after a one-night stand.

But it’s amusing how the host Caroline wears a sundress from (the UK equivalent of) TJMaxx.

• Applause 1
(edited)

@hoodooznoodooz while i love the UK original, keep in mind season was 2015! Not unlike the US reality shows of that time, misogyny was rampant. I also remember how much smoking there was.

Season 5 is my favorite, followed closely by 2 & 3.

Edited by snarts
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, snarts said:

@hoodooznoodooz while I love the UK version, keep in mind that it’s from 2015. Not unlike the US reality shows of that time, misogyny was rampant. I also remember how much smoking there was on the early years! 

Season 5 is my favorite, followed closely by 2 & 3.

Thank you for reminding me! Yes, the smoking surprised me, too.

The premise seems off. Women in their 20s aching to get married? Men in their late 20s (and younger) want to settle down?

I should just watch and enjoy how silly it is.

On 7/4/2024 at 11:17 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I am watching Season I of Love Island UK, since one of you posters mentioned that the UK version is the series Ariana was obsessed with.

Uh, the misogyny is rampant. The guys all seem to objectify women and all seem like players who ghost after a one-night stand.

But it’s amusing how the host Caroline wears a sundress from (the UK equivalent of) TJMaxx.

British men are not exactly a prize.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Katie Maloney is coming on as a guest on tonight’s episode of Love Island USA.  I bet Scheana is crying about it right now 😂 

• LOL 8

Why did they dip Ariana in baby oil for her WWHL appearance? 

It's part of the Love Island look. She promoted the reunion on WWHL.

Ariana looked a little different. Cheek fillers? 

1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Ariana has not let all of the opportunities and successes go to her head. She’s quite gracious on WWHL.

I wonder how she managed to be such an arrogant witch in the early seasons of VPR.

She is older now, and more mature.

• Like 3

So I watched the Love Island reunion.

Okay, Ariana is gorgeous, and I would KILL for her abs. She has been very charismatic in recent interviews, etc. 

But she was nothing special or interesting as the host of the reunion.

Also, Love Island is a terrible, toxic show. Let’s all never watch more of it.  And I wish Ariana’s very public devotion to it had not led to new viewership.

I will sign off, agreeing that Scandoval was the best thing that ever happened to her. 

I admit that I am crazy envious, because I also pursued an acting career and couldn’t pay my bills through acting alone.

She’s enthusiastic and committed, but so are a lot of individuals whom they did not cast in a Broadway musical nor as a host for a reality TV show. 

I am bitter and biased!! 🙃🙃🙃

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

So I watched the Love Island reunion.

Okay, Ariana is gorgeous, and I would KILL for her abs. She has been very charismatic in recent interviews, etc. 

Also, Love Island is a terrible, toxic show. Let’s all never watch more of it.  And I wish Ariana’s very public devotion to it had not led to new viewership.

I will sign off, agreeing that Scandoval was the best thing that ever happened to her. 

I admit that I am crazy envious, because I also pursued an acting career and couldn’t pay my bills through acting alone.

She’s enthusiastic and committed, but so are a lot of individuals whom they did not cast in a Broadway musical nor as a host for a reality TV show. 

I am bitter and biased!! 🙃🙃🙃

I didn't watch Love Island, I only saw a few photos of Ariana's outfits. I don't watch this type of show, or competition shows (except for Top Chef or Project Runway).

Ariana appears polished in recent interviews, meaning knowing to say what's appropriate. I don't doubt she had PR training which was the right move in order to advance her career. As for talent, no, I don't think she is that talented. She wouldn't have any offers if it were not for Scandoval, and VR ended. She didn't before.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
10 hours ago, ZettaK said:

I didn't watch Love Island, I only saw a few photos of Ariana's outfits. I don't watch this type of show, or competition shows (except for Top Chef or Project Runway).

Ariana appears polished in recent interviews, meaning knowing to say what's appropriate. I don't doubt she had PR training which was the right move in order to advance her career. As for talent, no, I don't think she is that talented. She wouldn't have any offers if it were not for Scandoval, and VR ended. She didn't before.

Agree 100%.  After Scandoval, suddenly the Toms and Ariana were in demand - did notice that no one else was being offered outside of VR gigs (unless I missed it) and even then for the Toms it was reality competition shows as contestants.  Is that band still performing.  Can't think what Schwartz is doing with himself while the cameras are down (have they even scheduled a filming start date)?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

Is that band still performing.  Can't think what Schwartz is doing with himself while the cameras are down (have they even scheduled a filming start date)?

I imagine Shwartz is trying to keep S&S afloat (didn't Sandoval effectively quit?).

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 8/20/2024 at 9:26 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I actually think she was better than some hosts I've seen, like ones that do The Challenge on MTV.  At least she actually knew the storylines, and did offer a perspective we normally don't see from a host - that she has been in the same shoes the Islanders were in.

On 8/20/2024 at 9:26 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I will agree that she got a lot of opportunities from it, and that she's better off without Tom.  But to say it's the best thing that ever happened to her feels off.  She was still a victim of her partner cheating on her with someone she considered a friend.  Just because she made lemonade, doesn't mean it was ok for Tom hand her lemons, or that it didn't hurt her when it happened.  Lots of people get opportunities when something bad happens to them, but I certainly wouldn't say Malala Yousafzai was lucky because she got opportunities after she was shot in the head, or that getting shot was the best thing that happened to her.  Is that a hyperbolic comparison?  Of course - but the general principle is still there.

4 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

As for talent, no, I don't think she is that talented. She wouldn't have any offers if it were not for Scandoval, and VR ended. She didn't before.

I do think the fact that she's been asked back to Chicago and will (I'm assuming!) be asked back for Love Island also speak to work ethic and talent.  And lack of off talent isn't always the reason for lack of offers.  As hoodooznoodooz mentioned, there are lots of people far more talented than Ariana who will never go to Broadway once, much less twice.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 8/20/2024 at 7:50 PM, ZettaK said:

I agree, and I think this is an example of someone being in the right place, at the right time, or taking notice when luck or karma makes an appearance.

I think LA is full of moderately talented, good looking people who can perform as needed, when needed. Although it hurt, the Scandoval affair was the best thing for Ariana, and I hope she continues to enjoy the ride, for as long as she is on it.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
On 8/21/2024 at 1:29 PM, lasu said:

But to say it's the best thing that ever happened to her feels off.  She was still a victim of her partner cheating on her with someone she considered a friend.  Just because she made lemonade, doesn't mean it was ok for Tom to hand her lemons, or that it didn't hurt her when it happened. 

You are absolutely correct. Apologies!

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 8/21/2024 at 9:28 AM, Carolina Girl said:

Agree 100%.  After Scandoval, suddenly the Toms and Ariana were in demand - did notice that no one else was being offered outside of VR gigs (unless I missed it) and even then for the Toms it was reality competition shows as contestants.  Is that band still performing.  Can't think what Schwartz is doing with himself while the cameras are down (have they even scheduled a filming start date)?

It's shocking both Toms got more offers after Sandoval. Schwartz seems to be lazy, and unfocused, unlike Sandoval who even got gigs for both before Scandoval (related to alcoholic drinks, hosting events at bars/clubs, etc.). 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 8/21/2024 at 1:29 PM, lasu said:

I actually think she was better than some hosts I've seen, like ones that do The Challenge on MTV.  At least she actually knew the storylines, and did offer a perspective we normally don't see from a host - that she has been in the same shoes the Islanders were in.

I will agree that she got a lot of opportunities from it, and that she's better off without Tom.  But to say it's the best thing that ever happened to her feels off.  She was still a victim of her partner cheating on her with someone she considered a friend.  Just because she made lemonade, doesn't mean it was ok for Tom hand her lemons, or that it didn't hurt her when it happened.  Lots of people get opportunities when something bad happens to them, but I certainly wouldn't say Malala Yousafzai was lucky because she got opportunities after she was shot in the head, or that getting shot was the best thing that happened to her.  Is that a hyperbolic comparison?  Of course - but the general principle is still there.

I do think the fact that she's been asked back to Chicago and will (I'm assuming!) be asked back for Love Island also speak to work ethic and talent.  And lack of off talent isn't always the reason for lack of offers.  As hoodooznoodooz mentioned, there are lots of people far more talented than Ariana who will never go to Broadway once, much less twice.

Those shows would ask any popular at the time actor (reality people, or soap opera stars in the past). A few RHs starred in Chicago like Lisa Rinna and Erika Jayne. Erika Jayne has zero talent, Lisa Rinna might be slightly better. Ariana went to New York after college to pursue a musical theater career with no success. She then moved to LA.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Those shows would ask any popular at the time actor (reality people, or soap opera stars in the past). A few RHs starred in Chicago like Lisa Rinna and Erika Jayne. Erika Jayne has zero talent, Lisa Rinna might be slightly better. Ariana went to New York after college to pursue a musical theater career with no success. She then moved to LA.

Arianna was asked back.  If nothing else, she's talented at putting people in seats, but again, I think it speaks to her having a good work ethic and enough talent to get by.  While Chicago definitely stunt-casts, that's not proof that anyone they cast has no talent. They also cast Kandi from Atlanta, and she's extremely talented.  Honestly, I don't see how anyone could use TWO Broadway runs as proof she isn't talented.

And again, lots of people pursue these types of careers who are hugely talented but have no success.  Lack of success is not proof of lack of talent, just like some people succeed without talent.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, lasu said:

Arianna was asked back.

That's the key. Yes, Chicago stunt casts, this role especially, but Ariana was actually asked back. Not only because she sold seats but because she's actually good.

Like her first run, her second run has also extended and she just completed her 100th show. She's also received praise from Broadway stars like Kristin Chenoweth and trust me stage actors do not appreciate the stunt casting.

I was never an Ariana fan but I applaud how she's made the best of all the opportunities afforded her after the scandal. She's now continuing to receive offers BECAUSE of her hard work & talent. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 8/25/2024 at 9:50 AM, lasu said:

Arianna was asked back.  If nothing else, she's talented at putting people in seats, but again, I think it speaks to her having a good work ethic and enough talent to get by.  While Chicago definitely stunt-casts, that's not proof that anyone they cast has no talent. They also cast Kandi from Atlanta, and she's extremely talented.  Honestly, I don't see how anyone could use TWO Broadway runs as proof she isn't talented.

And again, lots of people pursue these types of careers who are hugely talented but have no success.  Lack of success is not proof of lack of talent, just like some people succeed without talent.

I agree that actors with talent might not become successful because they have an one in a million chance to get noticed, but there are some who are not exactly talented, and they still want to pursue an acting career, or a music career. A good example is the cast of VR. Do you think that Lala, Scheana, James, the Toms, etc. have any talent? Sandoval was not even convincing when he tried to fake cry on the show. So, lack of a career can mean lack of talent, as well.

As for Kandi Burruss, who I like, it is another example of a HW being offered a Chicago gig. Kandi was not even the main singer in her group Xscape, it was LaTocha (but Kandi can sing), and she decided to become an actress (which was probably a dream) after she joined the Atlanta HWs, and she received a lot of exposure. She produced a couple of Broadway shows she personally funded. Her main talent is songwriting, and she is a great business person. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 1
On 8/26/2024 at 5:18 PM, ZettaK said:

I agree that actors with talent might not become successful because they have an one in a million chance to get noticed, but there are some who are not exactly talented, and they still want to pursue an acting career, or a music career. A good example is the cast of VR. Do you think that Lala, Scheana, James, the Toms, etc. have any talent? Sandoval was not even convincing when he tried to fake cry on the show. So, lack of a career can mean lack of talent, as well.

As for Kandi Burruss, who I like, it is another example of a HW being offered a Chicago gig. Kandi was not even the main singer in her group Xscape, it was LaTocha (but Kandi can sing), and she decided to become an actress (which was probably a dream) after she joined the Atlanta HWs, and she received a lot of exposure. She produced a couple of Broadway shows she personally funded. Her main talent is songwriting, and she is a great business person. 

The only exception to your list I think is James.  From all accounts, he is a very very accomplished and successful DJ and is being booked all over the country.  I imagine as much as he likes being on VPR, I think he no longer needs it to continue his "fame."  

• Like 4
On 8/28/2024 at 10:13 AM, Carolina Girl said:

The only exception to your list I think is James.  From all accounts, he is a very very accomplished and successful DJ and is being booked all over the country.  I imagine as much as he likes being on VPR, I think he no longer needs it to continue his "fame."  

I'm sorry, but I beg to differ about James. One needs a computer, and a list of what music/songs are popular at the time. I remember when he was trying to sing and record a song with Lala (it was a scene from an old episode Bravo aired recently). Cringeworthy. He is another person who benefited from Scandoval, because the serious offers appeared after it. He was performing at mostly Lisa Vanderpump's restaurants before. 

As for Ariana and "Chicago", Broadway attendance of shows didn't reach pre covid levels even in 2024, so, of course a name that can sell tickets would be asked to perform. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/197638/attendance-at-broadway-shows-since-2006/

On 8/29/2024 at 1:00 PM, ZettaK said:

I'm sorry, but I beg to differ about James. One needs a computer, and a list of what music/songs are popular at the time. I remember when he was trying to sing and record a song with Lala (it was a scene from an old episode Bravo aired recently). Cringeworthy. He is another person who benefited from Scandoval, because the serious offers appeared after it. He was performing at mostly Lisa Vanderpump's restaurants before. 

As for Ariana and "Chicago", Broadway attendance of shows didn't reach pre covid levels even in 2024, so, of course a name that can sell tickets would be asked to perform. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/197638/attendance-at-broadway-shows-since-2006/

Then I misinterpreted what they were saying in the show, as I was under the impression that he was receiving offers all over L.A. and the East Coast before the crap it the fan.  

• Like 1
On 8/29/2024 at 1:00 PM, ZettaK said:

As for Ariana and "Chicago", Broadway attendance of shows didn't reach pre covid levels even in 2024

Ticket sales are important, but you can't compare sale numbers with pre covid. Too many people still avoid large gatherings as they slowly determine what's safe for them, or not. Ariana's run in Chicago was aided by ticket sales, but mostly word of mouth, as she was being judged by viewers who were surprised at her level of talent.