Type keyword(s) to search

Ariana Madix: Smarter and Prettier than You!

• Start Topic

(edited)
7 hours ago, princelina said:

The beginnings where she was prettier and cooler than most and smarter than every person she's ever met?  Haha her "self loathing" came about when she needed interesting storyline

While I agree that it was super cringey to hear Ariana say all that stuff, I feel like it's pretty transparent that people who have to use all these superlatives to describe themselves as better, smarter, etc are usually the ones who are the most insecure.  I don't doubt she has dealt with some real self-esteem issues.  To your point, the question is whether or not she consciously chose to steer the narrative to highlight those issues.  

Edited by Marigold66
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
10 hours ago, Marigold66 said:

While I agree that it was super cringey to hear Ariana say all that stuff, I feel like it's pretty transparent that people who have to use all these superlatives to describe themselves as better, smarter, etc are usually the ones who are the most insecure.  I don't doubt she has dealt with some real self-esteem issues.  To your point, the question is whether or not she consciously chose to steer the narrative to highlight those issues.  

You could be right but I'm not buying it.  IMO most if not all of the things she said were contradicted by her behaviors.  She shows and tells us who she is, and they're not compatible.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
On 6/22/2023 at 8:57 AM, RealHousewife said:

I think blonde hair is so pretty, but Michelle Pfeiffer is like the top .00001 of most beautiful blondes. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a blonde as pretty as her in real life. A lot of blondes just have a pretty hair color. Lol Brad is a sexy guy, but his face on a girl would be cute at best.

That's why I'm so grateful that everyone has their own idea of what's "attractive" to them. Can you imagine if everyone was only drawn to 5% of the population?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

I do have to confess that when Ariana would make statements like "I'm prettier ...", "I'm smarter..." etc I truly thought she was joking.

I think of the times I've answered the reason I obtained (whatever object here) to my friends, was "because I'm so damn stunning". But in reality, I was too lazy to give details and everyone knows I'm anything but stunning. I really thought it was an exaggerated sense of humor but I'm starting to wonder if I've been wrong about her all this time.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Chalby said:

That's why I'm so grateful that everyone has their own idea of what's "attractive" to them. Can you imagine if everyone was only drawn to 5% of the population?

100%! It would be so boring if we all looked alike, and it would suck if we were all after the same men/women. That goes for everything. It's cool that we all have our own tastes with TV, movies, music, food, cars, etc. 

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Chalby said:

I do have to confess that when Ariana would make statements like "I'm prettier ...", "I'm smarter..." etc I truly thought she was joking.

I think of the times I've answered the reason I obtained (whatever object here) to my friends, was "because I'm so damn stunning". But in reality, I was too lazy to give details and everyone knows I'm anything but stunning. I really thought it was an exaggerated sense of humor but I'm starting to wonder if I've been wrong about her all this time.

I want to hit “Hahahaha!” and “Hugs!”

But I would bet that you are closer to “stunning” than you realize…

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Reading reddit’s reaction to Scheana’s interview with Ariana.

My thoughts.

So it must really hurt to realize that cheating right under Ariana’s nose was part of the thrill for Sandoval. And Rachel. I think Sandoval resented Ariana soooo much. Once she started to calm down and become less arrogant, people liked her more than they liked Tom. She had many friends beyond VPR. He resented that she was more organized and smarter with money. He resented that she needed him to be more emotionally intimate before she was willing to have sex with him. He resented that he still had to make an effort with Ariana. His fans would jump on his D just because they were his fans.

Then to realize, once Sandoval began distancing himself from Rachel, that it was just a fling, an impetuous, lustful fling. He was willing to humiliate Ariana and blow up her world just because Rachel was ready, willing & able to be his sex toy. 

She must be soooo irate toward the person who reassured her, “If Sandoval takes out a second mortgage on your house, to finance Schwartz & Sandy’s, and he defaults, it will only affect his half of the house.”

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Reading reddit’s reaction to Scheana’s interview with Ariana.

My thoughts.

So it must really hurt to realize that cheating right under Ariana’s nose was part of the thrill for Sandoval. And Rachel. I think Sandoval resented Ariana soooo much. Once she started to calm down and become less arrogant, people liked her more than they liked Tom. She had many friends beyond VPR. He resented that she was more organized and smarter with money. He resented that she needed him to be more emotionally intimate before she was willing to have sex with him. He resented that he still had to make an effort with Ariana. His fans would jump on his D just because they were his fans.

Then to realize, once Sandoval began distancing himself from Rachel, that it was just a fling, an impetuous, lustful fling. He was willing to humilate Ariana and blow up her world just because Rachel was ready, willing & able to be his sex toy. 

She must be soooo irate toward the person who reassured her, “If Sandoval takes out a second mortgage on your house, to finance Schwartz & Sandy’s, and he defaults, it will only affect his half of the house.”

1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Sandoval and Rachel were flaunting it. That is truly cruel and subhuman.

I posted the video on the Surly Staff in the Media thread

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Frankel claims that if someone said those [Reunion] things to her daughter, she’d want to murder that person. 

Frankel says to Rachel that she could be Rachel’s mother.

I love love love that Ariana says, well, I have a mother who had a very strong reaction to what two individuals, whom I trusted, did to me for seven months. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 5

Once again, Ariana feels compassion for Rachel, because Ariana speculates that Rachel still believes the bologna Sandoval was feeding her. We’re essentially roommates. We are still together only to maintain the brand. 

This “I’m dumb, naive and too trusting” persona still seems to be working for Rachel, even after she very publicly d- - -ed over a friend/coworker.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 8
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Correct me if I am remembering inaccurately, please.

Didn’t Ariana assert during Season 10 that Scheana would not be able to understand the Ariana/Sandoval/Rachel relationship well, because Scheana was not a close friend?

No Ariana asserted this about Lala and Katie. They were friends but Katie and Lala did not spend as much off camera time as Scheana, Logan, Brad, Janet, etc...

If you remember, Lala and Katie asked Scheana to talk to Ariana. Ariana thought since she is not hearing this from Brad, Janet, Logan, and now is only hearing it from Scheana because of Lala and Katie - they were wrong.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
On 8/25/2023 at 6:19 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Who could have told her that (not a mortgage officer), and why did she believe it? Lisa Vanderpump corrected her misconception on the show. I'm afraid she is not that intelligent after all. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1

Now that DWTS is over, does this mean she’ll be back to the sandwich shop? I took a look at Something About Her’s Insta…and wow. She and Katie are selling merch (socks and t-shirts) while still looking for front of the store help. Uh….isn’t that a bit backward? Pissed-off people are complaining about not getting the stuff they ordered, and not getting any answers.

I get that the restaurant biz is uncertain, but it seems to me you’d be more focused on getting things up and running open rather than posing in socks and sandals. I wish them the best, but this isn’t a good sign…

https://www.realitytea.com/2023/12/01/ariana-madix-katie-maloney-receive-something-about-her-backlash-merch-drop/

• Like 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Now that DWTS is over, does this mean she’ll be back to the sandwich shop? I took a look at Something About Her’s Insta…and wow. She and Katie are selling merch (socks and t-shirts) while still looking for front of the store help. Uh….isn’t that a bit backward? Pissed-off people are complaining about not getting the stuff they ordered, and not getting any answers.

Is this the "villain edit" she was hinting at for next season?🤔

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Gharlane said:

Is this the "villain edit" she was hinting at for next season?🤔

I don’t know, but as put together and focused as Katie and Ariana seemed to be with their business plan in contrast to their dumbass exes, this is not a good look. 

I think a huge part of the problem is they see this stuff more as a hobby, or they think it’s just going to magically fall into place. Then they see it’s hard work. Or their attention spans are that short. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

I don’t know, but as put together and focused as Katie and Ariana seemed to be with their business plan in contrast to their dumbass exes, this is not a good look. 

I think a huge part of the problem is they see this stuff more as a hobby, or they think it’s just going to magically fall into place. Then they see it’s hard work. Or their attention spans are that short. 

I never took their business seriously on the show, but they were making more progress than the Toms, which shouldn't surprise anyone.🤷‍♂️

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ksutton625 said:

What's funny is I called this last night while I was watching the finale of DWTS with my husband last night.  Especially since she wasn't one of the people that was called out as going on the DWTS tour. 

Ariana to star as Roxie Hart in Chicago on Broadway.

First Lisa Rinna (pre BH), then Erika Jayne (cut short by COVID), and now Ariana. 

Does Ariana have the acting chops for this? Does it matter? I didn’t watch DWTS except for clips, but from what I saw she is a good dancer.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RoseAllDay said:

Saw this on Reddit…Ariana is on Broadway doing Chicago while Sandoval’s doing travel karaoke.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍🏆

I was just thinking about this.  If the affair hadn't been exposed, she would've still been the dutiful girlfriend, cheering him on with his crappy cover band.  I was impressed with her skills on DWTS.  Her star has risen meteorically and he's still doing the same thing.  You just know he's SEETHING with jealousy 😆  

• Like 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Marigold66 said:

I was just thinking about this.  If the affair hadn't been exposed, she would've still been the dutiful girlfriend, cheering him on with his crappy cover band.  I was impressed with her skills on DWTS.  Her star has risen meteorically and he's still doing the same thing.  You just know he's SEETHING with jealousy 😆  

I know! This Broadway thing must have him spinning. 

I think I read that Ariana initially headed north to act, but didn't get too far. I am predicting that she'll do well and train, train, train, just like she did for DWTS, and give it all she's got. Fingers crossed for her.

They may be timing the opening of the sandwich shop with the show. And didn't they also have to completely redo the front outside? In addition, we know what Ariana's been up to, but what has Katie been doing?

Edited by politichick
to add a thought
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
On 12/6/2023 at 11:10 AM, Gharlane said:

I never took their business seriously on the show, but they were making more progress than the Toms, which shouldn't surprise anyone.🤷‍♂️

During the season.  But they should have been farther along based on the previous season.  It's a storyline - they don't want to spend their days making sandwiches. And I believe they only brought the merch forward to take advantage of Ariana's surge in popularity after the Scandoval 😄

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
On 12/6/2023 at 9:16 AM, RoseAllDay said:

First Lisa Rinna (pre BH), then Erika Jayne (cut short by COVID), and now Ariana. 

Does Ariana have the acting chops for this? Does it matter? I didn’t watch DWTS except for clips, but from what I saw she is a good dancer.

It's just another Bravo/Housewife project. On top of the ones mentioned above, Nene Leakes of the Atlanta HWs was on Broadway in Cinderella. TV people are used for their name recognition to bring audiences.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
15 hours ago, ZettaK said:

It's just another Bravo/Housewife project. On top of the ones mentioned above, Nene Leakes of the Atlanta HWs was on Broadway in Cinderella. TV people are used for their name recognition to bring audiences.

I think she will do well as Roxie. Once something is in her sights, Ariana practises and prepares consistently. I'm glad her humiliation earned her some $$.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, Chalby said:

I think she will do well as Roxie. Once something is in her sights, Ariana practises and prepares consistently. I'm glad her humiliation earned her some $$.

There is nothing wrong with pursuing artistic, or business opportunities.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
On 1/16/2015 at 3:15 AM, JenE4 said:

Yeah, on the ride over she was saying how she's so distraught over Kristin mean girling her that she hasn't eaten in 3 days. So Tom was celebrating and Ariana was in near tears over "Look at you eating!"

She sounds nuts. 

• Like 2
On 12/7/2023 at 10:47 PM, princelina said:

During the season.  But they should have been farther along based on the previous season.  It's a storyline - they don't want to spend their days making sandwiches. And I believe they only brought the merch forward to take advantage of Ariana's surge in popularity after the Scandoval 😄

I think there have been some permit issues, especially since they had to redo the front. And they will hire people to make the sandwiches; don't think doing it themselves was ever part of the plan. LOL. My office is remote for a building redo and I've been working some days at a historic library/museum/cultural site that has a restaurant attached and they've been waiting for the final permits for many months. Cannot wait till it reopens. Looking forward to the occasional or maybe even daily one glass of wine at lunch!

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, politichick said:

I think there have been some permit issues, especially since they had to redo the front. And they will hire people to make the sandwiches; don't think doing it themselves was ever part of the plan. LOL. 

Right - I know 😄. They hired people to make the sandwiches for their little "preview party" at the end of last season, and I assume they were let go immediately after that.  If the Toms had done that I feel like there'd be a lot of outrage over their bad business practices 😃

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
On 12/10/2023 at 11:22 PM, princelina said:

Right - I know 😄. They hired people to make the sandwiches for their little "preview party" at the end of last season, and I assume they were let go immediately after that.  If the Toms had done that I feel like there'd be a lot of outrage over their bad business practices 😃

Didn't the Toms have at least a few little parties at S&S and still took ages to open up? James, as I recall, commented on that.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, politichick said:

Didn't the Toms have at least a few little parties at S&S and still took ages to open up? James, as I recall, commented on that.

The did, but they didn't completely shut down between seasons 😄

• Like 2
On 12/6/2023 at 10:07 AM, ksutton625 said:

What's funny is I called this last night while I was watching the finale of DWTS with my husband last night.  Especially since she wasn't one of the people that was called out as going on the DWTS tour. 

Ariana to star as Roxie Hart in Chicago on Broadway.

This is a role given to people who have name recognition, at the moment.  It’s not like a legit “making it to broadway” story.  Like someone said above, Lisa Rinna and Erika Jayne have done things.  Also Ashlee Simpson (before or after her jig of humiliation on snl).

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

So today I was watching some Season 10 while getting ready for Christmas in the house, and here's what Ariana and Katie said at reunion time:  they planned to be open by the end of May, and they made over $200,000 back then on the revenge merch sales 😮

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2

I don’t even believe the sandwich shop is going to be a thing anymore. They are using it to sell merch basically. They opened it for their intro shots then shut it back down I think. It doesn’t take that long to get a sandwich shop going lol. Hasn’t it almost been a year at this point.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
11 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

NOT loving Ariana’s Emmys look. Had to crop the bottom a little to make it fit, but the bottom is the least of my concerns.

IMG_0093.jpeg

Me neither but it's better than Katie's!  And I don't like Ally's either.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

NOT loving Ariana’s Emmys look. Had to crop the bottom a little to make it fit, but the bottom is the least of my concerns.

IMG_0093.jpeg

I like her hair though.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Marley said:

Idk I saw a clip and it looked incredibly lame lol. I mean good for her but I think ppl are giving her too much credit for the success.

Would you mind posting a link? I can only see video of her taking a bow. Thank you!

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Lassus said:

From a PR and audience/fan perspective, Tom's whininess made all this a lot worse.  If he had been contrite AND firm, it would have all gone way way better for him.

I don't think Arianna's attitude and behavior is doing her any favors, either. I found myself getting annoyed when Schwartz invited everyone to Lisa Vanderbuck's Lake Tahoe bar/club and Arriana decided she would speak for everyone. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1