Type keyword(s) to search

Battle Of The EX-iled

Lantern7
  • Start Topic

For those just joining us . . . eliminated teams in Battle Of The Exes II will be sent to "Exile." Or is it "EX-ile"? The duos face off against each other every week on MTV.com. Winners stay in Exile (a comfy little house), losers go to the airport. Eventually, an exiled couple will be brought back into the game/show itself. Anybody else expecting Mark Burnett and/or Jeff Probst to throw a brick at a TV screen?

This week, Dustin & Jessica took on Thomas & Hailey. The game was Sweaters; each team had to fill up a liter bottle with their own sweat, using equipment for collection. I'm guessing this was an early-2000s Road Rules mission that fell through the cracks. Not much suspense . . . Dustin & Jessica wound up beating Thomas & Hailey, and they await the next opponents. Oh, and one of the girls threw up some water, though I don't know which one.

• Love 1

I am kind of grossed out by sweat, so that was not a fun challenge for me to watch.  Teej's description of the process was a bit wack, too:  "this will continue until there is only one team standing."  Well, Teej, in Ex-ile there is only ever one or two teams standing!  

There were two other videos that showed up when I watched the challenge--in one Dustin kills a scorpion for Jessica in the Ex-ile house; in the other Dustin just goes on about his feelings on the process, wants to punch Wes, chides a gecko for making a noise, and when it shuts up says "see, the gecko respects me!"  I liked that part.

• Love 1

I wish that the teams that didn't win the the Exile got to still stay in the house, so we could see the fights, the hook-ups and the drama of the ex's once they are truly no longer in the competition.  I said BOO when TJ told Hailey and Thomas that they were headed to the airport.  

The sweat challenge?  So disgusting.  And the color of the sweat in Dustin and Jessica's container....super GROSS!

I reserve the right to change my opinion during the season, but, at this point, the only satisfying result of Exile will be Dustin and Jessica taking down everyone else and getting back on the show. I remain surprised at how much I like them.  

I reserve the right to change my opinion during the season, but, at this point, the only satisfying result of Exile will be Dustin and Jessica taking down everyone else and getting back on the show. I remain surprised at how much I like them.  

I really like them too, Jessica totally grew on me during her first challenge. And Dustin isn't a douchebag ( well I mean relative to the other assholes in the house) 

They both seem naturally sweet/ pretty normal

• Love 1

MTV.com didn't post the clip last night, probably because they didn't want spoilers on the West Coast. I just saw it in a somewhat noisy library with the site's wonky player, so I didn't get all of the details. However, I can confirm than John & Simone (one of the AYTO couples) beat Dustin & Jessica, earning their spot at the EX-ile House. The mission itself was kinda confusing . . . something with coconuts and arranging them in a certain way. If editing is to be believed, J&S got it on the first try.

I saw it this morning. It was a puzzle challenge. The teams had to grab coconuts (no more than two at a time) and place them in a grid. Each coconut had a colored band on it (red, blue, green, etc.); and the teams had to place the coconuts so that no two colored bands were in the same row or column within the grid. Jon and Simone won thanks to Jon (he figured it out), and Dustin and Jessica were permanently eliminated.

I hadn't planned to watch these in part because the MTV site can be PITA, but as they are less than 10 minutes so I just deal.

Just curious . . . how early does MTV post the "webisode"? It's not up now, even though it's technically 1/28.

ETA: Just saw it. John & Simone lucked out because Knight wrecked his shoulder in the Dome. So much for Knight getting a better swan song for what would become his final Challenge appearance.

If you were hoping for Johnny & Nany to be eliminated . . . yeah, that doesn't happen. In a glorified tug-of-war, they managed to best John & Simone. I got a sinking feeling that "BaNany" (ugh) will luck out and win the remainder of the Ex-Iles from here on out.

I really, really hope that Johnny and Nany last through a handful of these, and then, towards the end, Wes and Theresa get there and take them out.  I'd also take Zach/Jonna or any of the newbies doing the honors. 

• Love 2

Well, Adam & Brittany's luck ended. Johnny & Nany handily beat them in one of those "Wrest The Stick From The Other Person's Hands" games. No clue when the video of Johnny/Averey will be put up, but I'm not looking forward to that. It doesn't matter that Johnny scrawled "MEDGIFT" on his arm in a shoutout to Diem . . . it's still Johnny Bananas. He's insufferable, and he needs to be squashed.

• Love 4

There are probably lots of ways Wes could get that upset. Johnny coming back doesn't have to occur to make that happen.

Any word as to when we'll see the Ex-Ile battle between the Johnnys and their exes?

I think we'll see the Battle of The Johnnys (and their exes) Tuesday. Why do I think that? Because I'm betting on another TBC episode for this week's Challenge show. The "cliffhanger" will be TJ's announcement about the exiled contestants battling to get back into the game. And I think there may be one final battle between the team eliminated Tuesday night and the exile winners (Nanyanas or Joverey), but that one would take place in front of the other couples still in the game (and wouldn't be seen until the following week's episode).

Just a guess.

This week, we caught up with the latest Ex-Ile. The teams had to dig balls out of a giant pit using sticks and only sticks. Johnny & Nany easily defeated Johnny & Averey, and it wasn't a contest. Judging by the teaser, I'm guessing that the next episode will start with a Dome battle between Johnny & Nany and Zach & Jonna. It'll be a lose-lose .. . either Johnny lucks his way back into the game, or Zach comes back to disparage women.

• Love 1

Judging by the teaser, I'm guessing that the next episode will start with a Dome battle between Johnny & Nany and Zach & Jonna. It'll be a lose-lose .. . either Johnny lucks his way back into the game, or Zach comes back to disparage women.

They show the shadows of the two exile winners coming back to the dome, and I really don't think it could be Zach and Jonna. Actually, the girl shadow looked like Averey so I was wondering if they pulled it off somehow. But I'm guessing it must be Johnny Bananas and Nany. Like there was ever any doubt once those two were exiled which couple was coming back. The look on Wes's face though will be funny either way.

It can't be Johnny and Averey because they were beaten by Bananas and Nany and are now gone.  I think the latter are arriving to play Jonna and Zach *in* the Dome.  And like Lantern7, I'm feeling glum because it's lose-lose--I dislike both of the guys.  The women are fine.

It can't be Johnny and Averey because they were beaten by Bananas and Nany and are now gone.  I think the latter are arriving to play Jonna and Zach *in* the Dome.  And like Lantern7, I'm feeling glum because it's lose-lose--I dislike both of the guys.  The women are fine.

That was my thought, too - that the final Exile battle was going to take place in the dome in front of everyone.  Otherwise, they let a huge spoiler out of the bag showing the couple coming into the Dome.  There is no way it was Zach and Jonna.  

Bananas and Nany had a message waiting at the Exile house which said TJ would see them in the dome. So I'm fairly certain Zach/Jonna and Bananas/Nany have final exile battle in front of the remaining contestants.

Look, I know I have to give Bananas and Nany credit for winning three exiles in a row. But come on, the level of resistance they received was not very high. The only point where they really had to grind out a victory was when Bananas wrestled the stick away from Adam. And even then, that was only half the competition! Having said that, I'd much rather see them come back than Zach and Jonna (mainly because of Zach).

I didn't know where else to put this.  It's a spoiler, but not about an Ex-ile match.  So I'll spoiler tag it here, just to be safe:  Apparently, right before the final,

Nia gets sent home for sexually assaulting Jordan.  So they bring Theresa back to be Leroy's partner for the final. 

I didn't know where else to put this.  It's a spoiler, but not about an Ex-ile match.  So I'll spoiler tag it here, just to be safe:  Apparently, right before the final,

Nia gets sent home for sexually assaulting Jordan.  So they bring Theresa back to be Leroy's partner for the final. 

So then that means Wes & Theresa must have been eliminated at some point, yes?

(edited)

What?! 

Nia's so gross that doesn't exactly surprise me, but what happened?  Ooh and ETA: does that mean we don't have to see her again, ever?  That would be great.

Edited by NikSac
(edited)

I'm not sure exactly what happened.  There was a rumor that someone

was sent home for sexually assaulting Jordan. Then came the spoiler that Leroy ended up paired with Theresa in the final because Nia was sent home.  So basically people have just put two and two together and figured it had to be Nia.

I wonder how much of what happens they'll show or explain. 

The final teams are

Sarah/Jordan, Jay/Jenna, and Leroy/Theresa

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 1

Interesting since

usually if one team member leaves (after the first "event" has occurred), the other leaves too. Maybe they made an exception since it's the finale? Though I still don't understand why they wouldn't just bring back both members of the last eliminated team (Wes and Theresa in this case). Perhaps Leroy/Theresa is the best compromise they could find.

I'll be disappointed if we don't get an "are you fucking kidding me??" kind of reaction out of Sarah, given that

she's had to leave more than once because of her partner getting tossed. 

• Love 4

I'll be disappointed if we don't get an "are you fucking kidding me??" kind of reaction out of Sarah, given that

she's had to leave more than once because of her partner getting tossed. 

ITA!!!!!!!!

Quick reminder: this thread is about the EX-iled videos/battles on MTV.com, as opposed to spoilers in general.

Do we have a spoiler thread for the current season? I looked before posting it here, and didn't see one. 

This is the almost complete cats list for the new season of the Challenge called "Bloodlines". Its the alumni with one of their own family members. I don't know if its individual or partner like challenge.

Boys:

Cohutta (YAY!)

Leroy

Bananas (fuck off)

Cory

Dario from AYTO

Thomas

Tony

Girls:

Cara Maria

Nany

Camilla

Jenna

Christina

and the return of Queen Kelly Anne (#1 reason to watch this season)

There is one more spot for a female alumni, and rumor is that it might go to Averey.

Honestly, the only reason I will watch this season is for KellyAnne and Cohutta, And, especially to see how KellyAnne works after being off of a challenge for years. Even though she is in WAYYY better shape and way more athletic then when she last appeared. The dynamic between Bananas/Nany,  Cohutta/Nany (why they broke up) and KA/Cohutta will probably be highlighted too.

Spoilers for season 27:

Elimination order so far:

1. Christina/Emily

2. Cohutta/Jill

3.Tony/Shane (They were DQ due to Tony getting injured during a challenge

4. Camilla/Larissa

5. Dario/Ralph

6. Nany/Nicole

Since Tony got DQ, apparently Abram has been brought on, and his bloodline is his brother Michael.