Type keyword(s) to search

Pet Peeves: Aka Things That Make You Go "Gah!"

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

Your Pet Peeves are your Pet Peeves and you're welcome to express them here. However, that does not mean that you can use this topic to go after your fellow posters; being annoyed by something they say or do is not a Pet Peeve.

If there's something you need clarification on, please remember: it's always best to address a fellow poster directly; don't talk about what they said, talk to them. Politely, of course! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be treated with respect. (If need be, check out the how to have healthy debates guidelines for more).

While we're happy to grant the leniency that was requested about allowing discussions to go beyond Pet Peeves, please keep in mind that this is still the Pet Peeves topic. Non-pet peeves discussions should be kept brief, be related to a pet peeve and if a fellow poster suggests the discussion may be taken to Chit Chat or otherwise tries to course-correct the topic, we ask that you don't dismiss them. They may have a point.

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,
  • Start Topic

33 minutes ago, Dimity said:

I remember being so disappointed when I got to grade 7 because that was the year our school board abolished uniforms.  I'd been wearing tunics up to that point and just living for the day I'd get to wear a spiffy grey skirt and a blazer. 

Looking back it was funny how we went, within one summer, from wearing uniforms to basically living in jeans for the rest of our school days.  Which did somewhat become our uniform come to think of it.

I did eventually go to a school with a uniform.  It was still pretty strict in the 1990s when I was there - blouses had to be tucked in, for example.  And we had to wear black oxford shoes.  These days, the uniform is a bit more relaxed, especially after the pandemic.  You should see how sloppy the kids at my son's school can look, even when they're in "First Dress" (i.e. formal uniform).

• Like 1

My kids attend a school with uniform requirements (I work there as well). The dress code seems to get looser every year. It’s generally khakis and a polo of a certain color. Now they still have to wear uniform bottoms but the shirt can be a polo or any school purchased t-shirt with the school name on it (field day shirts, hoodies, band t shirts, sports shirts). My oldest is starting 9th grade and they completely abolished the uniform policy for highs schoolers were IMO is where it is probably needed the most. All in all I did not put my kids in this school based on a uniform policy so I’m really ambivalent. As a teacher it’s hard to enforce at times and you really just let them get through the day out of uniform and send an email home. 

1 hour ago, Mountainair said:

I did not put my kids in this school based on a uniform policy so I’m really ambivalent.

All through high school both my kids had uniforms.  We lived overseas for a few years and the uniforms there were pretty strict - my son, for instance basically went to school in a suit and tie.  Here in Canada the dress code was more similar to what you described.  Black trousers (no jeans or sweats!) and a white polo shirt.  You could also buy shirts with the school logo as well as jerseys, sweaters and IIRC a jacket.  My kids figured that was asking too much!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, fairffaxx said:

I started first grade at a Midwestern public school in 1953 & was disgusted to find that I had to wear a dress (or at least a skirt & blouse). 

I think it's appalling at any age, but particularly for little girls like that, as it can limit your playing options at recess (not to mention put into your head at an impressionable young age narrow gendered notions about dressing). 

I never had a uniform or a crazy-strict dress code.  I liked dresses, skirts, pants, shorts, you name it; then, as now, my wardrobe had variety.  If I was wearing something that wouldn't allow the freedom of movement I wanted at recess/after lunch, I temporarily changed into my gym clothes.  It seems like you didn't even have that respite, always having to be decked out in "lady-like" attire, with all its limitations.  That's some bullshit.

• Like 6

Lots of things were bullshit then -- Brown v. Board of Education wasn't decided until 1954.  I'm pleased for all the progress, slow though it's been.  And nowadays, I choose to wear long robes at home & blue jeans when I'm out (the key word being "choose").

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Bastet said:

I think it's appalling at any age, but particularly for little girls like that, as it can limit your playing options at recess (not to mention put into your head at an impressionable young age narrow gendered notions about dressing). 

I raised a boy so having three granddaughters is a different experience.  My 11 yr old granddaughter has a mix of what she likes.  Some feminine stuff but also Puma hoodies.  With the 2 and 1 yr. olds if I buy them clothes I try to buy all kinds of different colors and styles.  Caylee's middle name is Rose and the youngest one is named Daisy so they both have lots of clothes with their namesake flowers on them. 

6 hours ago, Bastet said:

always having to be decked out in "lady-like" attire, with all its limitations.  That's some bullshit.

And sometimes that carries over into adulthood.  There are still workplaces that suggest require their female employees wear dresses or skirts.  When I was looking for a job 11 yrs ago I interviewed with the local corporate office of an industrial company.  It was a small office.  Maybe four employees. Seemed very laid back.  The woman interviewing me said they had a dress code.  For men khaki like pants and polo shirts were acceptable.  For women "professional" attire was how she worded it. I asked her to clarify what that meant exactly.  She said no blue jeans but the women had negotiated to be able to wear colored jeans.  I guess that is progress.

• Like 3
(edited)
On 8/5/2024 at 3:18 PM, Dimity said:

Not exactly the same but similar - I was telling someone about my granddaughter - then aged about 4 - who loved all things pink and Barbie.  They were shocked and insisted I need to give her some trucks or a doctors kit or some other stereotypically boy toy.  I was not happy. I pointed out she was also playing hockey (well what passes for hockey when you're 4) moreover  she was NOT only being given "girl" toys.  She chose what she wanted to play with and what she wanted to wear.  She went through the pink and Barbie phase, as many girls do.  And there was nothing wrong with that.

How things change! When I was a kid in the '60s I was a tomboy and my mother, being quite progressive about women's rights for that time let me play with "boy's toys" like model cars and trucks. I had Barbies and baby dolls but they weren't my preference. I also wore jeans when playing outside when at the time no other girls I knew wore them. Of course I was looked at as weird and strange (and I was already looked at as "different" for my mixed European ethnicity and Protestant religion). I am VERY happy my mother let me be me and didn't discourage my interests, but unfortunately the world was not quite ready for that yet and I suffered yet more ostracism and bullying as a result. I had one good friend at the time who shared my interests so at least I had that. If not for each other we would have felt very alone in that neighborhood.

Fortunately when I got into Jr. HS attitudes and policies started to change. We've talked on this board before about when we started wearing pants to school and I've already told the story about how when I got to Jr. HS in 1970 we freshmen girls staged a revolt against the dress code and one day came to school in pants. The administration had to back down and let us have our way and after that I don't think I ever wore a skirt to school again!

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, Dimity said:

All through high school both my kids had uniforms.  We lived overseas for a few years and the uniforms there were pretty strict - my son, for instance basically went to school in a suit and tie.  Here in Canada the dress code was more similar to what you described.  Black trousers (no jeans or sweats!) and a white polo shirt.  You could also buy shirts with the school logo as well as jerseys, sweaters and IIRC a jacket.  My kids figured that was asking too much!

It depends on where you go in Canada.  If you're at a (publicly funded...yes, you read correctly.  Government.  It's only in some provinces (like Ontario).  Others have abolished the Catholic board) Catholic elementary school in Toronto, you're allowed to wear any white or blue top and blue bottoms.  High schools still have specific uniforms from specific manufacturers.  If you're at a private school like the one my son goes to or the one I went to, it's ALSO from a specific manufacturer.  They also have to look a certain way.  My alma mater is known for its middy blouses.

(edited)
On 8/4/2024 at 7:29 PM, Cloud9Shopper said:

When I’m the closing cashier at work and with 10 minutes to me leaving, three or four people line up all with full carts of about $100 in groceries. Worse yet when I’m made to stay after my light is off and I’ve mentally cut off the line but I’m told I have to take care of someone who doesn’t show up until after my light is turned off. It’s happened twice now since I’ve been working here and it’s so unfair to me. Obviously I serve them and I don’t like spit in their face or anything but I want to go home. I don’t want to be here all night waiting on people who didn’t get in here sooner, like the other 13 hours we were open.

My manager told me tonight when I had to take care of a lady after the light was off (she was paying with check and was really rude to me during the time she was being waited on)…she said the customer is always right and (she) doesn’t agree with that herself but that we basically have to serve her since she wanted to pay with check and self checkout doesn’t take them. 

Also, whoever invented the phrase “the customer is always right.” Seriously, some of these people need to be put in their place. 

Is there any way you could suggest that the store also start using those things you put on the conveyor belt that say "line closed" or similar? 

Edited by Ancaster
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Ancaster said:

Is there any way you could suggest that the store also start using those things you put on the conveyor belt that say "line closed" or similar? 

We do have those and I’ve used them before. But I was told that because the customer was paying by check and because self-checkouts don’t take checks, I had to wait on them. I was surprised the manager didn’t take a harder stance and tell her she needed to use another payment method.  

When this happened before I was told to just take the customer because the person who came before them and was told my line was closed threw a fit and walked out of the store. I guess they were just trying to avoid another customer tantrum. My store says they don’t want to turn away a customer forever over something that doesn’t hurt anyone and we should just allow certain things.

If I am asked to stay one more time after closing to wait on someone, I’ll just resign. It’s not fair to me. They have plenty of other cashiers who I’m sure have the time to hang around past closing to wait on people who think they’re above the rules. 

Edited by Cloud9Shopper
  • Sad 3
  • Angry 1

I hate those plastic containers with, for example, salsa that are sealed with plastic but don't have a little tab to pull so you can actually get the plastic off without having to attack it with a knife.

• Like 6
31 minutes ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

We do have those and I’ve used them before. But I was told that because the customer was paying by check and because self-checkouts don’t take checks, I had to wait on them. I was surprised the manager didn’t take a harder stance and tell her she needed to use another payment method.  

Businesses like checks because they don't have to pay the 3% (or whatever) to a credit card company.

Personally, if I had options I would choose the place that accepts the method of payment I want to use, so yes, it's in the store's best interest to be accommodating.

I do try to be nice to cashiers (unless they're ass-holes/totally incompetent) - it's generally a thankless, badly paid job.

My preferred store pays their cashiers a decent wage and it's reflected in their attitude towards the customers.

• Like 8
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

When this happened before I was told to just take the customer because the person who came before them and was told my line was closed threw a fit and walked out of the store. I guess they were just trying to avoid another customer tantrum. My store says they don’t want to turn away a customer forever over something that doesn’t hurt anyone and we should just allow certain things.

If I am asked to stay one more time after closing to wait on someone, I’ll just resign. It’s not fair to me. They have plenty of other cashiers who I’m sure have the time to hang around past closing to wait on people who think they’re above the rules. 

Aren't you getting paid for the extra time?  Does that not mollify you a bit?  Are you sure the other cashiers have the time to hang around?  I can't say that fairness is a good way to look at this, and I would not like you to quit in a fit of pique.  Customers don't actually have to follow the rules.  The store wants to keep them coming back. The manager sets the rules and can let them slide.  I know this is frustrating, but I think this is the true nature of your job and it might help to reframe your thinking about it. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
17 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Aren't you getting paid for the extra time?  Does that not mollify you a bit?  Are you sure the other cashiers have the time to hang around?  I can't say that fairness is a good way to look at this, and I would not like you to quit in a fit of pique.  Customers don't actually have to follow the rules.  The store wants to keep them coming back. The manager sets the rules and can let them slide.  I know this is frustrating, but I think this is the true nature of your job and it might help to reframe your thinking about it. 

It’s my second job and is only part time. If I quit it will have no effect on my resume (I don’t list it there) and I would still have my full time job. I wouldn’t quit if it were my only source of income but I could drop it easily if I decide it’s not working for my schedule anymore or I’m consistently made to stay past closing time. 

• Like 1

When I worked retail many moons ago in a small bookshop we only got paid until closing - so in my case if the store closed at 9 I still had things to do before I could leave and I wasn't going to get paid for that. It didn't bother me as much if a customer was still lingering right up to closing as long as they actually bought something.  But most of the time they didn't.  Which was a peeve of mine back in the day!  

• Like 1
(edited)

That's technically wage theft, @Dimity.  Too late now, but the management shouldn't have been allowed to get away with that. 

46 minutes ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

It’s my second job and is only part time. If I quit it will have no effect on my resume (I don’t list it there) and I would still have my full time job. I wouldn’t quit if it were my only source of income but I could drop it easily if I decide it’s not working for my schedule anymore or I’m consistently made to stay past closing time. 

Cloud9, you originally were happy about having this extra money to pay off debt, so I'd think you'd still want to keep the job.  Just trying to keep it less frustrating for you.  But again, you didn't say whether you are getting paid for the extra time. They should be paying you for all hours worked. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 4
2 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

That's technically wage theft, @Dimity.  Too late now, but the management shouldn't have been allowed to get away with that. 

I also was getting paid "under the table" - my employers weren't too worried about following rules.

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, Dimity said:

I also was getting paid "under the table" - my employers weren't too worried about following rules.

Seems like neither were you.  😉

2 hours ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

Why would you assume that your co-workers want to hang around after closing?  We all have lives outside work.  I'm also curious as to why you think customers aren't "following the rules"?  I mean I get being annoyed with a customer who waits until closing to dash up to the cash but if your store is open, it's open.  The customer is being inconsiderate but they aren't really breaking any rules.

Just now, Ancaster said:

Seems like neither were you.  😉

First job aside from babysitting and I really didn't understand that what they were doing was wrong.  Aside from their disregard for employment law they were actually really lovely people.  

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

If you don't need the money and you're that unhappy, maybe you'd consider resigning with a proper 2-week notice and be done with it.  No need to put up with that aggravation if you don't have to.

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, Dimity said:

When I worked retail many moons ago in a small bookshop we only got paid until closing - so in my case if the store closed at 9 I still had things to do before I could leave and I wasn't going to get paid for that. It didn't bother me as much if a customer was still lingering right up to closing as long as they actually bought something.  But most of the time they didn't.  Which was a peeve of mine back in the day!  

Mea culpa.

I consider book stores places to browse and linger at the best of times, and certainly if I'm meeting someone somewhere close by and I'm early.

I often browse without buying at my favorite bookstore, but it's also the place I buy books, rather than getting them cheaper from Amazon.

I browse in clothing stores, the Nordstrom shoe section, REI, and other places.  Are you really saying that retailers don't want this?  And what about taking three different shirts into the dressing room to compare, and just buying one?  Isn't that a kind of browsing?

• Like 6

People who pronounce the "l" in salmon.  It's "sammon", not "sal-mon".

I have a lot of pet peeves.

My name is Ancaster, and I'm a peeve-aholic.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
14 minutes ago, Ancaster said:

Are you really saying that retailers don't want this?

I doubt most retailers genuinely expect everyone who comes into their store to purchase something - but it's certainly what they want.   

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Ancaster said:

People who pronounce the "l" in salmon.  It's "sammon", not "sal-mon".

I never heard anyone pronounce the "l" in salmon until I moved to NC. It was quite a shock to hear "sal-mon".

• Like 2

What's worse is when you say sammon and someone else acts like you're the idiot and goes sal mon the word is sal mon.  I have two such people in my life.

• Mind Blown 6
  • Hugs 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Browncoat said:

Well, it's sal monella, so why not sal mon?  😆

Oh dear, we're really not going to go down the whole "English doesn't make sense" rabbit hole are we?  😁

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

I don't understand why my earlier post was deleted from this thread. A lot of posts here aren't directly about a pet peeve but maybe talk about things related to a pet peeve. Like right now.

(edited)
11 hours ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

I'm not surprised the manager didn't take a harder stance and insist on another payment method. I'd be more surprised if it were the other way around. If the store says they take checks they can't hassle customers for wanting to pay with them, and unless they hang a big sign up where everyone can see it telling customers they can only pay by check up to 15 minutes before closing time, there aren't really any rules you can point to to prevent them from paying closer to closing time. But rules like that are scarce because as EtheltoTillie said, stores don't want to discourage people from paying. And so the customers aren't really acting above the rules either.

It's like in a restaurant when a table sits down late and gets to chatting and doesn't want to leave and there isn't enough staff to take over for a waiter if it's their quitting time. Or in my own career as an exec. admin. when the boss called from the West coast with a laundry list of urgent requests even though it was Friday at 5:00p.m. my time. And of course that happened a lot, LOL. If he kept me an extra half hour or more I'd put in for overtime. If it was less I sometimes would add it on to my lunch the next day informally, which was OK with him.

But this kind of stuff just goes with the territory in service occupations. 

Do you feel like you're being singled out? Are the other cashiers not being asked to do the same thing? Or do you think that because this is your second job you shouldn't be asked to stay late but the cashiers who don't have a second job should be? Because you know it doesn't work that way. But I sympathize because at one time in my past I had a second job, and that one was as a cashier in a gas station mini mart on weekends. Only in my case my husband was the weekend manager so that was quite different. But if there was some reason we had to stay later we definitely got paid for it. We had an evening relief staff and I remember once or twice they were no-shows which pissed us off so we had no choice but to work marathon days those times. We did complain to the manager and told him that we were not happy with the situation. He made sure it didn't happen again because he was afraid to lose us.

I never liked it when as an admin. I was asked to fill in for people who were always out for one reason or another. You know, the ones with the "perfect" excuses - their 80 year old mother needs to go to the doctor, their son has a school play, they have to be home for a furniture delivery, you name it. I always managed to find ways not to have personal life things take me away from work and the people that did this stuff did it a LOT so I didn't buy half of it. And not having kids I didn't have a lot of built in reasons to be out during the day, either. But these people knew just how to word their excuses so that no one would ever question it. Meanwhile in those rare cases I needed to be away from the office I would often feel like it was seen as an inconvenience. Sometimes I think that goes with the territory when you are the "backbone" of an office or any kind of workplace. They see you as their "go to" person and take advantage of that. So when you need time off suddenly it becomes more of an inconvenience for them. When I used to complain to my father he used to tell me maybe I shouldn't be so indispensable, LOL. OK Dad, maybe that worked for you in non-profit, but it wouldn't work for me. But he was right about not appearing to be too indispensable because that's when you get taken advantage of, or at least I did. And you sound a lot like me in this situation.

I think at my advanced age if I were in a situation like that I'd set some boundaries and tell them I didn't mind staying later to help customers once in a while but I couldn't handle it if it happened too often because I had a primary job and responsibilities at home. I would also tell them I expected to get paid if they weren't paying me for that time and I would also speak up if I couldn't stay late on any given day and cultivate some of those "bullet proof" excuses as to why. If they don't like it, too bad. But at least you stood up for yourself instead of just quitting. 

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I don't understand why my earlier post was deleted from this thread. A lot of posts here aren't directly about a pet peeve but maybe talk about things related to a pet peeve. Like right now.

Was it the post with the class picture?

2 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Today I Learned

Thank you!

(Is it another "thing" that's completely passed me by?  And is there an emoji for "I'm old and stopped trying to keep up long ago?")

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
9 minutes ago, Ancaster said:

Thank you!

(Is it another "thing" that's completely passed me by?  And is there an emoji for "I'm old and stopped trying to keep up long ago?")

Don’t think that way. I’m probably older than you. I figure these out or look them up. 

• Like 7
(edited)
48 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Don’t think that way. I’m probably older than you. I figure these out or look them up. 

Sometimes I just can't be bothered and wish I didn't have to.  I'm a grumpy old fart who occasionally still enjoys going to the bookshelf for my dictionary, but for real words not new-fangled flavors of the month.

Go ahead, shoot me.  🤣

Edited by Ancaster
  • Like 3
  • LOL 7
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Was it the post with the class picture?

Yeah. I was responding to the pet peeve about dress codes with how the girls in my Jr. HS class staged a revolt against our school's dress code in 1970 and then provided a photo of me and other girls in our 8th grade class in 1972 wearing pants in our class photo. Oh well.

2 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Hah, me too. In this case you got there first, LOL.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Yeah No said:

Yeah. I was responding to the pet peeve about dress codes

I am going to assume it was the picture that got the post removed, not the reason behind it. You can message a Mod and inquire. Did you look at your messages to see if you received one?

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

I am going to assume it was the picture that got the post removed, not the reason behind it. You can message a Mod and inquire. Did you look at your messages to see if you received one?

Ah, thanks, I didn't notice I'd gotten a message. It seems as though they're concerned that "parties might not have given consent" to appear publicly and without that they took it down. They don't know that the photo already appears publicly in a few places, but I get it. I guess I'm just another customer that doesn't know how to play by the rules, LOL.*  😆

One peeve has been corrected, though and I've been given the opportunity to repost the post without the photo. Yay!!

* <No offense to anyone but ducking for cover just in case>

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

My Dad is 88 and he's fully embraced the Internet and cell phones and all those other new fangled things.  When one of the grandkids uses a term like "the GOAT" he googles it and then he gets bragging rights - he also gets supremely annoyed at all those memes out there with a little kid being visibly irritated and saying "ok Grandma, one more time, this is a keyboard" kind of thing.  He just hates that - so today I share his peeve...people assuming seniors don't know how to use new technologies.

• Like 9
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Dimity said:

My Dad is 88 and he's fully embraced the Internet and cell phones and all those other new fangled things.  When one of the grandkids uses a term like "the GOAT" he googles it and then he gets bragging rights - he also gets supremely annoyed at all those memes out there with a little kid being visibly irritated and saying "ok Grandma, one more time, this is a keyboard" kind of thing.  He just hates that - so today I share his peeve...people assuming seniors don't know how to use new technologies.

One of my pet peeves concerns young people that assume older people are internet and cell phone clueless. Who do they think invented the internet?  LOL That might have been true a decade or more ago but not today. 

My father would be 97 if he were alive today and he was the first person to ever send me an external email in 1993 when I first was given an external email address at work. He would have done it sooner but I didn't have a computer at home yet much less an email address! Yeah, if my Dad had been younger he definitely would have been a computer geek. He already wore a pocket protector at work, LOL. He and my mom were lucky to have a very good senior center where they took computer classes given by other members. My mother was also into it. If she hadn't died in 2001 she would have really taken to the rise of the internet.

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

One of my pet peeves concerns young people that assume older people are internet and cell phone clueless. Who do they think invented the internet?  LOL That might have been true a decade or more ago but not today. 

My parents always moved with the times.  VHS then DVD for instance.  First on the block with a microwave.  They had Nintendo before any of their kids did and they got good at a lot of the games.  Dad was a Zelda man while my Mom was totally into Super Mario.  They would have been in their 50s then I think. 

Anyway new stuff never scared them with regard to technology...music, now that's a whole 'nother ballgame!

• Like 2
16 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

I never heard anyone pronounce the "l" in salmon until I moved to NC. It was quite a shock to hear "sal-mon".

I have heard it up in CT but I'm told it's cultural and regional and those people that use it up here might have roots in the South.

15 hours ago, Absolom said:

What's worse is when you say sammon and someone else acts like you're the idiot and goes sal mon the word is sal mon.  I have two such people in my life.

LOL, I have a good friend that pronounces the "L" but fortunately she doesn't act like I'm the idiot for not pronouncing it! And she doesn't have roots in the South either.

11 hours ago, Absolom said:

TIL in the British pronounciation of almond, the l is silent.  

I'm not British but I have never pronounced the "L" in almond and I don't notice most people I know pronouncing it either. Maybe it's regional in the US?

I found a really good YouTube on this from an expert (really worth watching):

https://youtu.be/Wuwym1nj01I?si=jqQf6yb-7-1w5Nj2

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Ancaster said:

I have a lot of pet peeves.

My name is Ancaster, and I'm a peeve-aholic.

Me too. And I'm sure I've bored everyone to death here with my repeated rants on certain peeves. My apologies to the board if so. I just can't help myself, LOL.

• Hugs 1
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Me too. And I'm sure I've bored everyone to death here with my repeated rants on certain peeves. My apologies to the board if so. I just can't help myself, LOL.

Hey, if you can't vent here, where can you?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
(edited)
On 8/7/2024 at 6:16 AM, Dimity said:

He just hates that - so today I share his peeve...people assuming seniors don't know how to use new technologies.

Never mind.

Edited by Sharla
  • Like 2
25 minutes ago, Ancaster said:

I tried to watch, I really did (twice), but I couldn't make it past the first 60 seconds.

Same, I found it difficult to watch.  Also, there are so many "American" accents, so what makes her version correct?

This almond/salmon discussion is reminding me of another peeve:  people who pronounce the T in often. 

• Like 6