Type keyword(s) to search

Whitney Thore: So She Thinks She Can Dance

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, leighroda said:

Awww, best wishes to Babs... that's terrible, but she looks good based on the pic. I hope Whit is helping care for her and not laying in bed making her dad help both of them!

But who's going to shave poor Twit's legs for her?

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

But who's going to shave poor Twit's legs for her?

Oh god, this along with her fake pregnancy scare have made me picture how she would be if she actually had a kid. That kid would responsible for all of Whit's shaving needs, along with helping her out of the shower, putting on her shoes, and all the other things we've seen Whit need assistance with. Just like all those poor kids on My 600lb Life. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, sATL said:

Lets hope ole Whit will monitor her cardiovascular and another other system/organ that contributed to her mom's stroke and make changes. And doesn't her father also have (or had) a diabetes scare ?

Unfortunately, Whitney may take the wrong lesson from this. She's used the fact that slender people suffer from things like diabetes and cardiovascular disease to deflect from the very real health risks that her weight causes. Her mother is not obese and Whitney may just take this as confirmation that her weight isn't as big a health factor as it's been made out to her before. 

• Love 4

Babs is a lovely woman and I hope she has a speedy and full recovery. She is also fairly sensible and will likely use this experience to really hammer in to Whitney that she (Whitney) needs to take care of herself. Especially now that there is a "family history" (medically speaking) of stroke.

• Love 4

Yeah, whit is a prime candidate for a stroke, so with now adding family history she probably shouldn't get so cocky about thin people's health problems... you know what one of the biggest causes of stroke is... hypertension. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

US Weekly has a new preview up. She comes on to Roy.  Could not be more awkward - Whitney has definitely not developed any finesse or discretion since last season.

Someone had to have heard this live if it was not scripted. Can anyone verify?

I just want to point out that she had a hell of a lot of blue text messages in there which were much longer than his grey short ones. That's presuming that she was able to pull up his texts that fast and it wasn't someone else's messages. There was only one photo that she scrolled past and she didn't show either the dates or his name in there. I call shenanigans and if he texted her back, he was trying to be nice.

• Love 5

In that clip, she sounds like the "nice guys" that women always complain about who think that a woman being friendly means she's interested in them, then when she starts dating someone else she's a jerk for leading them on with all her friendliness. If Roy never actually asked her out on a date or indicated he was interested in anything other than a text-based friendship, then Whitney should feel silly for assuming that he was interested in her and not be bold enough to call him out on his own radio show for supposedly trying to cheat on his girlfriend with her. That's pretty rude.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Ketzel said:

US Weekly has a new preview up. She comes on to Roy.  Could not be more awkward - Whitney has definitely not developed any finesse or discretion since last season.

First thoughts.

OMG - she got even bigger.

Desperate and delusional Whitney is desperate and delusional. And really comes across like the crazy girl that no guy wants around because she assumes that he's about to propose just because they had coffee once or twice. And while those jeans (I assume that those are jeans) are a lot better than the leggings she normally wears, the color and fit are pretty sloppy for visiting a place she worked at. And that tank top is doing her absolutely no favors. Why has no one taught her how to dress properly for a work environment?

2 hours ago, M.F. Luder said:

In that clip, she sounds like the "nice guys" that women always complain about who think that a woman being friendly means she's interested in them, then when she starts dating someone else she's a jerk for leading them on with all her friendliness.

Yup. She was reading a lot more in his friendly behavior than was warranted, but he's the jerk because she misread his intentions? Yeah... that's the clingy, crazy girl coming out. With added self-righteous indignation. Joy...

• Love 5
3 hours ago, MegD said:

Someone had to have heard this live if it was not scripted. Can anyone verify?

I just want to point out that she had a hell of a lot of blue text messages in there which were much longer than his grey short ones. That's presuming that she was able to pull up his texts that fast and it wasn't someone else's messages. There was only one photo that she scrolled past and she didn't show either the dates or his name in there. I call shenanigans and if he texted her back, he was trying to be nice.

In watching his facial expressions, he's just not that into her. He appeared slightly annoyed with her actually.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, Runnergirl said:

He appeared slightly annoyed with her actually.

More than slightly, but he's got the social grace and professionalism to not make a big stink on the air even though she was basically throwing him under the bus. Whitney was trying to get him to admit to feeling more than he wants with her pushing for a full hug rather than the more casual side hug, and it did look like the rest of the crew was aware of her crush on him and it was something of an office joke.

And someone needs to seriously tell the girl that if he's just texting, but you're no longer seeing him socially because you no longer work together, then the odds are really good that at best, you were a causal work friend. If a guy wants more, they'll usually make it clear.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Hana Chan said:

First thoughts.

OMG - she got even bigger.

Desperate and delusional Whitney is desperate and delusional. And really comes across like the crazy girl that no guy wants around because she assumes that he's about to propose just because they had coffee once or twice. And while those jeans (I assume that those are jeans) are a lot better than the leggings she normally wears, the color and fit are pretty sloppy for visiting a place she worked at. And that tank top is doing her absolutely no favors. Why has no one taught her how to dress properly for a work environment?

Yup. She was reading a lot more in his friendly behavior than was warranted, but he's the jerk because she misread his intentions? Yeah... that's the clingy, crazy girl coming out. With added self-righteous indignation. Joy...

Her behavior was SO unprofessional at the station and then at lunch with the radio peeps, even by radio standards. There's just stuff you don't do. Right then and there she came across as distasteful. Then she comes back to visit, gets on air and acts even more distasteful? Could have gone so much better for her but she went straight up cray cray. 

Edited by Runnergirl
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Runnergirl said:

Her behavior was SO unprofessional at the station and then at lunch with the radio peeps, even by radio standards. There's just stuff you don't do. Right then and there she came across as distasteful. Then she comes back to visit, gets on air and acts even more distasteful? Could have gone so much better for her but she went straight up cray cray. 

When she laid on the floor to show them where the back pain was, I was like WTF. There's her ripply ass in all its glory. Why would you want to expose it more than it is already? It was her first day no less!!!

Its 2 hours until the bullshit starts. The burning question for me is how much weight has she put on.  She won't say though unless Will puts her on the scale on tv like he did last season.

She better be taking care of Babs. But knowing her, she will make it all about herself. Babs has put up with her shit.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Bubbles1967 said:

When she laid on the floor to show them where the back pain was, I was like WTF. There's her ripply ass in all its glory. Why would you want to expose it more than it is already? It was her first day no less!!!

Its 2 hours until the bullshit starts. The burning question for me is how much weight has she put on.  She won't say though unless Will puts her on the scale on tv like he did last season.

She better be taking care of Babs. But knowing her, she will make it all about herself. Babs has put up with her shit.

I suspect Whitney feels that in order to appear confident, she needs to talk about EVERYTHING and do crazy things. Thing is, it only makes her look sad and desperate, not confident. 

I really like Will, but only Whitney can decide to get her shit together. I think he's a fair and honest trainer.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, Runnergirl said:

I really like Will, but only Whitney can decide to get her shit together. I think he's a fair and honest trainer.

The one thing that I've learned from my own experiences is that if you don't really want to do it enough to put in the effort and make the sacrifices, then there is nothing that anyone can do to convince you. So long as Whitney hangs onto her delusion that she can be as big as she is with no consequences, then she's just not going to be invested.

And one thing I've picked up on watching Whitney is that there is no talking her into it. She resists anyone (like Will) trying to instill some structure and discipline into her life and I'll never forget how she tore into her father for trying to push her into fixing her diet. No one can convince her that she might be wrong about something. It's unfortunate to see a woman in her 30s so mentally chaotic and so resistant to having any kind of correction from those who love her. I'm very afraid that it is going to take a medical crisis happening to her to finally get what everyone is trying to tell her through her skull. I mean, she keeps going on about being fit and fat, and then five minutes later whining about overexerting herself. She's a mess.

56 minutes ago, Runnergirl said:

I suspect Whitney feels that in order to appear confident, she needs to talk about EVERYTHING and do crazy things. Thing is, it only makes her look sad and desperate, not confident. 

Insecure people tend to demand attention in order to establish their confidence. Whitney is the kind who must be the center of attention in all things in order to be happy. She acts out in a way that's almost clownish at times. I'm sure to some that kind of behavior can be very entertaining to be around, but I would find myself having the patience to only deal with her in very brief doses.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I need for you to sit in the corner for the rest of the day!!!

Yes, but wouldn't that be must-see TV, better than Whit on My 600 Lb Life.
She'd need to practice the backstage body-slam.
(Hey, a family member has it on sometimes.)

• Love 5

I am so glad I found this site! I watched this show since the beginning but I was not sure if I was going to continuing watching.  Last season was just horrible.  Whit didn't want to get serious about her life and weight loss. I dvr'd last nights episode and was on twitter watching the shit hit the fan basically.  So I ended up watching it.  I seriously believe it is all staged.  I mean who does not lock their doors or even their bedroom door when they are getting a "naked massage"  I am sorry that was so staged! Whit was all miced up too! I seriously doubt she was even pregnant.  I saw the screen grab of the sonogram which someone posted on here and there looks like there is nothing there at all.  When I looked up the polycystic ovary images, that is exactly what it looks like! What gets me is then immediately after the show aired she posted the picture of the tests.  The later she posted a video where she said she can't talk about it right now until next week's episode cuz she was under "contract".  I am like wtf! I really hope she is not pregnant and if she truly isn't and posting those pictures to garner symptom she has sunk to a new low!

• Love 6

I agree with y'all about the massage, so fake and so weird! Remember when she paid that friend to drive to some far away wedding to massage her? And of course the massage was inturrupted in a compromising position, the majority of most massages are just normal body parts, back, arms, legs, shoulders...yet her mom came in at the exact moment she was getting a boob rubdown? The last thing Whitney ever needed was a reality show... I wonder how long she tried before tlc took her on.

• Love 4

I get massages all the time and never had someone walk in on me while I was totally exposed. But then, I go to professionals and it's an actual massage and not a chance for someone to just rub my folds.

Whitney is really such a crass piece of work. Am officially hate watching now.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

I get massages all the time and never had someone walk in on me while I was totally exposed. But then, I go to professionals and it's an actual massage and not a chance for someone to just rub my folds.

I didn't start out hate watching this show but what a turn it has taken. Just when you think Whitney couldn't act any more like a side show, she does.

Willing to bet that if Whit does get fit, she'll be on the cover of some magazine admitting how unhappy she actually was and didn't want to admit it: "Several years after starring in 'My Big Fat Fabulous life', Whitney Thore, now fit, admits her life was anything but fabulous."

• Love 6
On 1/19/2017 at 10:01 AM, ClareWalks said:

EXACTLY. I do not go around judging obese people in my normal daily life. I feel a lot of judgement for Whitney, though, because she is so awful in every respect, plus the fact that she is shown on camera with terrible eating habits and she acts like they have nothing to do with her size because "I HAVE PCOS." And her attempts to work out are half-assed, at best. Maybe even 1/8th-assed.

1/8 of some asses > a typical ass, though. So we should be seeing better results. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

No wonder she has no shame about these fake stupid situations, considering that her parents are willing to play along and act like fools as well. They probably all think these scenes are hilarious in the planning stages but none of them are good enough actors even to make this entertaining. IRL a parent would no doubt recoil out of the room if walking in on their daughter or son in bed with someone. My own dad would have left a dad-shaped hole in the wall as he fled for the brain bleach. And if I had appeared in a sheet? I can just hear my mom. But hey, it is so cool to have your own TV show. 

I can't think of too much more boring than a fake romance, especially an obviously set-up fake lesbian teaser. YAWN. 

Glad she isn't really pregnant. She is so LOUD that I would fear for the baby's peace of mind and ability to get any sleep. 

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

No wonder she has no shame about these fake stupid situations, considering that her parents are willing to play along and act like fools as well. They probably all think these scenes are hilarious in the planning stages but none of them are good enough actors even to make this entertaining. IRL a parent would no doubt recoil out of the room if walking in on their daughter or son in bed with someone. My own dad would have left a dad-shaped hole in the wall as he fled for the brain bleach. And if I had appeared in a sheet? I can just hear my mom. But hey, it is so cool to have your own TV show. 

I can't think of too much more boring than a fake romance, especially an obviously set-up fake lesbian teaser. YAWN. 

Glad she isn't really pregnant. She is so LOUD that I would fear for the baby's peace of mind and ability to get any sleep. 

HA! 

Speaking of, that LAUGH. Sounds like a jake brake, or a locomotive horn.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Runnergirl said:

Just when you think Whitney couldn't act any more like a side show, she does.

I'd called this a fat minstrel show and that comment sums it up exactly. Whitney has made herself into a carnival attraction. There is nothing at all spontanious about this show and it's all scripted for shock/laugh value. She's the lead clown in this cut rate circus.

And the sad thing is that she could have been an inspiring figure if the show had played out more honestly (and if she had an iota of self-awareness). Instead she likes to paint herself as the perpetual victim of other people's prejudices and everyone is against her if they're not actively kissing her oversized ass at that instant. Her "dance class" is a joke and she lives like a sixteen year old with no sense of responsibility. And it's not a case of the network selectively editing things to make her look bad (though there were some priceless moments, like the "I don't even like cake" comment opposite footage of her inhaling cupcakes at a tasting session) - all you have to do is listen to her own words and see just how self-involved and oblivious she is.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, AmyB said:

I am so glad I found this site! I watched this show since the beginning but I was not sure if I was going to continuing watching.  Last season was just horrible.  Whit didn't want to get serious about her life and weight loss. I dvr'd last nights episode and was on twitter watching the shit hit the fan basically.  So I ended up watching it.  I seriously believe it is all staged.  I mean who does not lock their doors or even their bedroom door when they are getting a "naked massage"  I am sorry that was so staged! Whit was all miced up too! I seriously doubt she was even pregnant.  I saw the screen grab of the sonogram which someone posted on here and there looks like there is nothing there at all.  When I looked up the polycystic ovary images, that is exactly what it looks like! What gets me is then immediately after the show aired she posted the picture of the tests.  The later she posted a video where she said she can't talk about it right now until next week's episode cuz she was under "contract".  I am like wtf! I really hope she is not pregnant and if she truly isn't and posting those pictures to garner symptom she has sunk to a new low!

Someone posted in the Knocked Up thread that TLC's FB page, very briefly, had a video showing a medical professional telling Whit that it was a false positive.  It was up for a very brief period of time and was then taken down.  Probably a mistake and the video was supposed to have been posted after next week's show and TLC realized their mistake and pulled it.  Phew - so relieved that woman is not preggers!

• Love 7
16 hours ago, AmyB said:

am so glad I found this site!

Welcome, and we're here for you.

5 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

Am officially hate watching now.

I think that's why most of us are here now, and many of the shows I watch are for that reason.  Facebook seems to draw fan girls, but not here.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, auntjess said:

I think that's why most of us are here now, and many of the shows I watch are for that reason.  Facebook seems to draw fan girls, but not here.

And that's appropriate, in my opinion. I would never go on someone's fan site and snark on them (well, I can think of one person I'd do this to *rhymes with Stump* *cough* *cough*).  But here on PTV, hell yeah.

Sometimes when I feel like nobody loves me I remember that even really terrible people have fans.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, flappa1016 said:

Someone posted in the Knocked Up thread that TLC's FB page, very briefly, had a video showing a medical professional telling Whit that it was a false positive.  It was up for a very brief period of time and was then taken down.  Probably a mistake and the video was supposed to have been posted after next week's show and TLC realized their mistake and pulled it.  Phew - so relieved that woman is not preggers!

I saw on her page people were also talking about that as well as an extended scene with her dad where he had heard rumors about a pregnancy and she confessed she thought she was but she wasn't. There was also a portion of the video that the doctor shows on the ultrasound that this is where something would have been.  she is just playing this up for cameras and for publicity and that really pisses me off!  She had a facebook live post during the premiere where she and her friend Pauline were dancing in the parking lot and her friend goes and I am not even drunk, then Whit goes neither am I cuz I am pregnant and then rubs here belly.  Are you freaking kidding me! This was present day so if she is not actually pregnant and never was why the hell are you posting shit like that.  That post was taken down (same with the other videos) then she post the somber video where she says she can't talk about it until after the next episode.  She is just playing a game and turning herself into a major @sshat!

• Love 9

Babs was at the premiere and loojed great, so Im hoping she is fully recovered.  I am dreading Whitney telling everyone that Babs os thin and she had a stroke so it can happen to anyone blah blah blah

I KNOW Whit will bring this up ?

• Love 4
9 hours ago, auntjess said:

Welcome, and we're here for you.

Her Facebook page scares me. So does the TEEN MOM page. I am so glad this is a "safe" place to vent. Because this frustration must go someplace!

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Christi said:

Babs was at the premiere and loojed great, so Im hoping she is fully recovered.  I am dreading Whitney telling everyone that Babs os thin and she had a stroke so it can happen to anyone blah blah blah

Well, she did that at her college talk when health risks for obesity was brought up by a questioner. She stated very emphatically that thin people can have heart attacks and strokes, which is true. What she deliberately ignores, however, is that among the risk factors listed for all of these diseases, obesity features prominently. 

Whitney actually has multiple risk factors. Besides being extremely obese, she has a history of high blood pressure, early stage diabetes and has already had one cardiac episode that we know of. We don't see much of her diet, but I doubt that she's eating an especially healthy diet and I wouldn't be terribly surprised if her cholesterol was at least on the high side of the normal range. And you can't ignore family medical history. We don't know about her grandparents, but now she's got direct family history of strokes. That just can't be ignored.

Except we know that Whitney will ignore it because it doesn't fit into her narrative. She's going to insist that she's fat and fit up until the instant that she does suffer a significant medical crisis. And even after that, I'll bet that she'll insist that her weight wasn't a factor.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Her Facebook page scares me. So does the TEEN MOM page. I am so glad this is a "safe" place to vent. Because this frustration must go someplace!

Right? How dare one disagree with Whitney, she has an army of followers ready to do battle on her behalf. Must be a FB thing where people cannot respectfully disagree.

I've been off FB for 6 months now and don't miss it one bit. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Nicole Curtis, the "Rehab Addict," came here to chastise us, when we complained about how she went after people on her FB page.
Don't watch her show any more, so don't know if she's been here lately.

I remember that! Good times, good times. And she just made herself look even crazier. The best policy is not to reply at all. It's like when someone leaves a bad book review on Amazon and the author goes after them. Never a good look. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I remember that! Good times, good times. And she just made herself look even crazier. The best policy is not to reply at all. It's like when someone leaves a bad book review on Amazon and the author goes after them. Never a good look. 

Certain politicians might take this advice as well. 

• Love 8