Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast in Other Gigs

DollEyes
  • Start Topic

As in acting gigs, such as Malik Yoba in New York Undercover, Gabourey Sidibe in Precious and Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson in Hustle & Flow, for example. This is the thread to discuss the Empire cast in other roles, whether they're lead, supporting or guest stars. 

I saw No Good Deed. I enjoyed it. No different than the 100s of other movies like it. It could've been so much better though.

Terence stars in the Best Man movie.

Taranji was the only good thing, IIRC, about I Can Do Bad All By Myself.

• Love 1

Couldn't sleep last night and ended up watching Four Brothers, and in one the beginning scene's Terrence's character was outside talking to Mark Wahlburgs, and right in the house Andre Benjamin's talking to his movie wife Taraji and I kept focusing on Lucious and Cookie in the same movie but not interacting. I had completely forgot Taraji was in it. I like the movie and put it on in part to see Terrence play someone I don't despise (though Lucious could really use the adviceadvice he gave the brothers about "knock on the devils door enough, someones gonna answer!")

Also, time/aging has been VERY good to Taraji

• Love 1
(edited)

Taraji P. Henson & Adam Rodriguez are in I Can Do Bad All By Myself, the Tyler Perry movie about an alcoholic single mom trying to get her life back on track.

For those who want to see more of Adam, they can definitely get it (and how!) in Magic Mike XXL, which is on DVD and on Demand.

I demand to see him without a shirt! tout suite!

He's shirtless in MMXXL-and then some.

Edited by DollEyes

Taraji P. Henson & Adam Rodriguez are in I Can Do Bad All By Myself, the Tyler Perry movie about an alcoholic single mom trying to get her life back on track.

For those who want to see more of Adam, they can definitely get it (and how!) in Magic Mike XXL, which is on DVD and on Demand.

I demand to see him without a shirt! tout suite!

(edited)

Ne-Yo & Mary J. Blige played the Tin Man and Evilene  in the NBC version of The Wiz, which debuted on Dec. 3rd, will be rerun on Dec. 19th, and is by far NBC's best live musical.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 2
On 7/21/2016 at 7:44 PM, Trini said:

The Smolletts are going to be in a cooking/reality show on Food Network.

I cannot stand all the fake cooking and celeb bs shows on cooking/diy/hgtv type networks now. Stick to acting, and let the professionals stick to their fields. I don't need you to try to grab a paycheck for your leechy family. Same goes for every "celeb" on those channels now. 

They are all about to be riding on Jussie's coattails for the foreseeable future. 

And if you hadn't already heard, Taraji is starring in Hidden Figures, coming out in January:

HIDDEN FIGURES is the incredible untold story of Katherine Johnson (Taraji P. Henson), Dorothy Vaughn (Octavia Spencer) and Mary Jackson (Janelle Monáe)—brilliant African-American women working at NASA, who served as the brains behind one of the greatest operations in history: the launch of astronaut John Glenn into orbit, a stunning achievement that restored the nation’s confidence, turned around the Space Race, and galvanized the world. The visionary trio crossed all gender and race lines to inspire generations to dream big.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 3
On 8/23/2016 at 7:43 PM, Trini said:

Not sure this is the right thread for this, but Taraji will have a makeup collection with M.A.C. Cosmetics.

It's actually better suited for the Fashion thread, but it's great news anyway.

Leslie Uggams plays Blind Al, the elderly, ex-cokehead and strapped roommate of someone named Deadpool, a smart-ass, immortal superhero (who looks like a human pork rind) played by God's Perfect Idiot, aka "Ryan Reynolds."