Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Three to Tango

radishcake
  • Start Topic

Revenge Raaaaampage!

I think I shall shout this every time I enter a room from now on. Also I hope not every ep is a mini action scene like last week. I get bored by the mission/gun fighting/ explosions. I liked it when the gang was more local and interacting together instead running for there lives and screaming.

Like my favorite ep were the dinner party or when they worked in the kitchen.

Yes, "Revenge Rampage" was great.

You know Cheryl was getting off on Malory choking her.

Only Archer can reference Lando Calrissian, Decepticons and Gomer Pyle in the same ten minutes.

And so like Darth Vader before him, Conway Stern gets the other hand cut off. Also, Conway Stern really IS his real name. Douche.

• Love 1

Not thrilled with Conway working for the CIA retcon and later double-cross, but the Revenge Rampage (plus Lana's nonchalantly making tea) was fantastic.

Of course Kreiger would take AJ.  Of course.  Like a worm on a hook, defenseless little humans are to Kreiger.  Props to Malory going as far as she did to find her.  Maybe she does have a strong maternal instinct.

• Love 2

We're getting to see the Poovey family this season . . . what about the Kanes? I mean, they're Plan A for the Wee Baby AJ in case Lana gets killed. And she has a sister. I don't think she can rock a sweater dress as hard as Lana.

Good episode. Nice to see Conway after five years. I enjoyed the brawl and its conclusion, and I support "Archer" as a verb, with the definition being "To improvise on a plan until it doesn't resemble a plan at all."

Also liked the B-plot. Great that nobody at IS ... um . . . the office is fit to raise the Wee Baby AJ. Well, there is Cyril, but we won't discuss that option. I don't feel bad for Krieger because Conway's going to come back to him about getting a replacement hand.

• Love 2

Conway Stern!  Damn, talk about a blast from the past.  Glad to see he hasn't change.  I knew it was going to end with him stabbing them in the back again (or shooting, in this case), but I loved it.  And, of course, him losing his other hand.  No surprise that insulting Lana's weight is a very bad idea.  Followed by asking her if her sister is younger.  Especially when you still have bullets in your back, Archer!

Not exactly Malory's best day at babysitting AJ, but at least they figured it out in the end.  Should have known it would be Krieger.  At least he still has is dancing robotic bear (Mr. Bear Jangles!).  Although, I don't blame Malory for thinking that Cheryl would be a prime suspect.  Either way, the gang did do a great job at showing that Lana is probably making the right call by putting more faith in her family, then these knuckleheads, with all the baby loosing, smoking right beside her, possible experiments, etc.

So, it's "Slater."  Never "Mr. Slater."  He really doesn't like that.

Archer using Lando Calrissian as part of his undercover name was just brilliant.

A lot of big laughs in this episode for me.

• Love 1

It was good to see Archer and Lana on a mission again. I like it better when they get screwed over and have to improvise. Not for nothing, getting shot in the back is rough. 

I didn't think Archer's plan of sneaking in was that bad. Of course, he forgets to unlock the doors. 

I thought the b plot was kind of weak. 

This show is firing on all cylinders lately!  Lana making tea while Archer was in mid-rampage was awesome.

I loved the b-story with the wee baby AJ.  The work gang aren't the best babysitters in the world, but I liked them all working together to track the baby down.  "Are we going to need guns, because I am seriously asking!"  Mallory doesn't have the best parental track record, but threatening to shoot the crotch out of Krieger while sipping wine shows how much she really cares.  Also, I liked the continuity with her revolver.  It's the same gun she used to shoot Archer with in season 1.

Finally, how creepy was that Krieger bear?!  It was like half terminator/half Teddy Ruxpin. 

WnoPvKa.jpg

We're getting to see the Poovey family this season . . . what about the Kanes? I mean, they're Plan A for the Wee Baby AJ in case Lana gets killed. And she has a sister. I don't think she can rock a sweater dress as hard as Lana.

Are they foreshadowing that Lana might die at the end of this season?

Are they foreshadowing that Lana might die at the end of this season?

No, (and I hope not) I don't think so. I think that they just wrote this episodes as, "well Archer and Lana are parents that go on dangerous missions all the time. So, maybe they could talk about (while on a mission) the possibility of dying and having someone else raise their kid."

This show is firing on all cylinders lately!  Lana making tea while Archer was in mid-rampage was awesome.

I loved the b-story with the wee baby AJ.  The work gang aren't the best babysitters in the world, but I liked them all working together to track the baby down.  "Are we going to need guns, because I am seriously asking!"  Mallory doesn't have the best parental track record, but threatening to shoot the crotch out of Krieger while sipping wine shows how much she really cares.  Also, I liked the continuity with her revolver.  It's the same gun she used to shoot Archer with in season 1.

Finally, how creepy was that Krieger bear?!  It was like half terminator/half Teddy Ruxpin. 

WnoPvKa.jpg

In the background of your picture, is that an x-ray of baby AJ's hand/arm or someone else (and I know its a long shot, but I am thinking that could be Conway's robotic arm/wrist)?

• Love 2

Who knows, although, if the fact that Ray's brother was a redneck who was also a drug farmer (and also was a self proclaim 'preacher' with an open marriage), that tried to kill multiple police officers (then later was arrested and now is serving a life sentence), then in my opinion, all bets are off as to what Lana's parents do. 

Loved this episode. Archer is always at his best when he's at his most unhinged. His Revenge Rampage and Archerizing the plan were two classic moments. I also love how Lana now takes all that stuff in her stride, and makes the best of everything, whenever she can. But Archer is such a crap secret agent, because he has no clue how to do anything covertly. He's just badass enough to come out of most things with not too many injuries.

And again, I love Archer's bouts of whimsy, with him not wanting to kill "Pyle" because it would hurt Lou-Ann. This is what makes him so sympathetic, despite his many issues. He is still such a child at heart.

As nemeses for Archer, I prefer Conway to Barry, now that Barry is cyborg enough that Archer can't really fight him. But it looks like Conway is going that way too. And he's an even bigger douche than Archer himself is. Archer getting shot in the back was actually pretty brutal and, while in real life he'd obviously be very dead, I like that the show makes it seem like he could die.

The question of who would look after AJ was amusing, but the obvious answer was always going to be Lana's family, who cannot possibly be as insane as Archer's or the rest of not-ISIS. But I liked how Mallory's own version of maternal instincts kicked in, and she was ready to commit murder at the mere thought of AJ being hurt. She's not a good mother, but she'd be a good watchdog, as long as you kept her suitably boozed.

Mr. Bear-Jangles is less horrific than Piggly, I must say. Hope we see him again, with lab grown bear tissue.

I'm just so pleased that the show has reverted to pre-season 5 patterns. Archer and Lana on missions, Carol being a useless, crazy assistant, Pam spending all her time "dropping deuces" and Krieger creating unholy artificial life in his lab.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 4

WnoPvKa.jpg

In the background of your picture, is that an x-ray of baby AJ's hand/arm or someone else (and I know its a long shot, but I am thinking that could be Conway's robotic arm/wrist)?

I'm a little more curious about what's in that room behind Krieger. That shape behind the glass gives me the willies.

Edited by marceline
  • Love 5

Revenge Rampage was hilarious as Lana calmly making tea.

I love that Sterling was so worried about would happened to AJ if he and Lana got killed on a mission and that the reason she was hesitant to have the conversation was that she was afraid of hurting him.

I was cheering Lana on when she lost it when Conway talked about her losing the baby weight. WTF, Lana is stunning and sexy as hell. Conway deserved losing that second hand. Archer was so obnoxious asking if Lana's sister was younger. I could not stop laughing as she "literally" stuck it to Sterling.

I loved how Mallory was ready to take out anyone whoever took AJ. Mallory told Lana to use Sterling's sperm so she must have wanted to be a grandmother.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

But Archer is such a crap secret agent, because he has no clue how to do anything covertly. He's just badass enough to come out of most things with not too many injuries.

That is probably one of my most favourite running jokes of the whole series (along with Archer's tinnitus). Archer is not the world's best spy, but like they said in the very first episode, he is the world's most dangerous spy.

Also in the episode there is something I missed. Just as Conway was about to jump out the window they made a Horatio Caine joke. What was that all about?

Mr. Bear-Jangles is less horrific than Piggly, I must say. Hope we see him again, with lab grown bear tissue.

Aww, Piggly.

Also in the episode there is something I missed. Just as Conway was about to jump out the window they made a Horatio Caine joke. What was that all about?

I didn't get that one either.  And also Archer's "I had something for this" that was a Luke Skywalker joke....  I rewound it over and over again but couldn't understand what he was saying other than "Skywalker".  Between this and Mallory's voice being odd last week I feel like I need to get my hearing checked. 

I didn't get that one either.  And also Archer's "I had something for this" that was a Luke Skywalker joke....  I rewound it over and over again but couldn't understand what he was saying other than "Skywalker".  Between this and Mallory's voice being odd last week I feel like I need to get my hearing checked. 

Didn't get the Horatio Caine thing myself (and I'm ashamed to admit it but I had to look up the Lando thing), but thing Archer had that Conway stole was "Puke Skywalker". What with Luke losing his hand and all.

• Love 1

I think it Conway specified it would be Horatio Kane, so something Lana did was comparable to that character. I've never watched a CSI, but I've seen the meme about him having corny exit lines or whatever, so I guess it was her saying "you win this round"? Not the best, but Archer was full of bullets at the time, so I forgive him being impressed with Conway's suggestion.