Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Not even a mention of Dean.

Way to piss me off, Show.  John meant more to Dean than Sam, his whole life is based on pleasing that jackass and making him proud.  And he doesn't get any dad time?  BOOOOO.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I think one interview with Jared talking about his character is a bit too early to assume Dean doesn't get any Dad time. They don't want to give everything away.

Was it an interview or a con comment?  And just becaues Jared has spoiled a bit doesn't mean Jensen will.  

• Love 1

HE BATTLE AT HITOMI PLAZA CONTINUES – Michael has re-taken control of Dean (Jensen Ackles) as his army of monsters continues to move in on our heroes. Sam (Jared Padalecki) devises a plan to try and reach Dean and stop Michael before anyone else has to die. The episode was directed by Amanda Tapping and written by Steve Yockey (#1410). Original Airdate 1/17/2019.

Episode 10 description

• Love 1
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Anyone else? Who, besides Michael's monsters, has died so far? Nobody under General Sam's wings.

This is the thing that bugs me.  Is there any evidence that Michael actually killed anyone 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Anyone else? Who, besides Michael's monsters, has died so far? Nobody under General Sam's wings.

Well with the very little time we saw Dean as Michael, I only remember monsters dying so perhaps it is the idea that the monsters will start to feed on the human race thus the need to stop him now? 

5 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

directed by Amanda Tapping and written by Steve Yockey

Didn't really realize that Amanda plays Naomi and for the most part I have loved to hate her.  But my real question is do you think the combination will be a good one.  Can they pull off good moments that could be satisfying for many of the different fan base? 

When I was traveling during the Christmas and New Year I saw several older shows some from season 8 and 9.  Some had at least some moments that weren't too bad and a few where a majority of it was good.  So could it be possible for the writers to create an interesting story if you handwave the way too fast pace that they set to tell the story?  

If I have zero expectations, could I find the story interesting?  At this point that is all, I'm hoping for...sad isn't it.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, 7kstar said:

Well with the very little time we saw Dean as Michael, I only remember monsters dying so perhaps it is the idea that the monsters will start to feed on the human race thus the need to stop him now? 

Didn't really realize that Amanda plays Naomi and for the most part I have loved to hate her.  But my real question is do you think the combination will be a good one.  Can they pull off good moments that could be satisfying for many of the different fan base? 

When I was traveling during the Christmas and New Year I saw several older shows some from season 8 and 9.  Some had at least some moments that weren't too bad and a few where a majority of it was good.  So could it be possible for the writers to create an interesting story if you handwave the way too fast pace that they set to tell the story?  

If I have zero expectations, could I find the story interesting?  At this point that is all, I'm hoping for...sad isn't it.

Well she's done a decent job of directing 4 episodes so far (IMO):
- Nihilism (2019)
- A Most Holy Man (2018)
- Various & Sundry Villains (2018) -- also written by Yockey
- The Future (2017)

I enjoyed Various & Sundry Villains (the only other time we've seeen this combo).  I think she lets the actors shine. There were some great comedic "oh shit!" moments.  Of course with a title like Nihilism, I'm not expecting comedy.

• Love 2

To me, Michael needs to "win" something to still be considered this big bad. I hope his army kind of destroys and city and the other nameless AU hunters. Then the boys capture Michael (I'm okay with because I think it would be part of Michael's plan somehow). 

• Love 2

I am getting more and more the feeling that the 300th will be Sam's version of What Is And What Should Never Be. They have given over every other thing that Dean is/has done to Sam at some point or another, so this won't be a surprise.

• Love 7

He was seriously one of the best recurring characters they've had so that's cool(though again with these writers I figure they'll ruin anything they touch) 

I shudder to even think. Besides, Zachariah is seriously odd. I know he was connected to Prime!Michael (and the Easter Egg with the AU world) but current Michael and whatever the fuck he wants has nothing to do with the apocalypse story from Season 5. An AU doesn`t even make sense narratively. 

• Love 4
(edited)

More pics here: https://stvplus.com/show/154/Supernatural#episodes Click the green 'picture' button.

Michael sure is smug in the picture with the wires on his head.  He's not remotely worried.

I suspect the boys get a 'win' on this but it's a battle, not the war.  Which is going to hang over Dean's head til this is resolved.  In S5 he was under pressure but he still had his Free Will.  IF they get Michael to leave, it'll be like having a Sword of Damacles over his head, knowing that he can be taken again at anytime.

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Zachariah is one of the absolute best--great move.  And to the notion that 300 is all about Sam and not Dean...not a chance.  And Zach for one was all about Dean.

We already know there was a massive re-write done on this episode.  I'd be curious to see the original, same with Alpha and Omega.

• Love 6

What if the blasts from the past are people who live in Lebanon KS? Sam goes into town and runs into all these familiar (to us) faces? 

Or it could be another AU courtesy of Zach?

*sigh* is it the 7th yet? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BabySpinach said:

SN1410A_0002r.jpg

Oh how I've missed him...

SN1410A_0098r.jpg

This is the most comfortable chained-to-a-column pose I've ever seen.

I don’t care what the story is as long as I have that man looking like that on my screen for 43 mins! Yes, I  am that shallow!!!!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Jakes said:

Zachariah is one of the absolute best--great move.  And to the notion that 300 is all about Sam and not Dean...not a chance.  And Zach for one was all about Dean.

I struggle to see how this is a great move. Agreed, Zachariah was one of the best characters of the series and Kurt Fuller played him perfectly.  But he is DEAD. So either he's a different character, or they are rewriting history the same as they did with Gabriel. I hate Not!Bobby and Not!Charlie because they are lazy, pandering ways to bring actors back. Zach's story was complete, and ending him was a defining moment for Dean. Tarnishing that for a cheap stunt is crap.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I struggle to see how this is a great move. Agreed, Zachariah was one of the best characters of the series and Kurt Fuller played him perfectly.  But he is DEAD. So either he's a different character, or they are rewriting history the same as they did with Gabriel. I hate Not!Bobby and Not!Charlie because they are lazy, pandering ways to bring actors back. Zach's story was complete, and ending him was a defining moment for Dean. Tarnishing that for a cheap stunt is crap.

What they did with Gabriel was fine--if its done as well as that then i'm satisfied.

• Love 2

From SpoilerTV

SUPERNATURAL
“Damaged Goods”— (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

HOW DID WE GET HERE? – Dean (Jensen Ackles) spends some bonding time with Mary (guest star Samantha Smith) and Donna (guest star Briana Buckmaster). Nick (Mark Pellegrino) finally finds the answer he has been searching for. Sam (Jared Padalecki) is left to make an unimaginable choice. The episode was directed by Phil Sgriccia and written by Davy Perez (#1411). Original airdate 1/24/2019. 

Yay! Dean and Donna are my crackship.  I'm sure it's going to be fuggly tho... because if he's taking some time to chill, that's a bad thing.  I think Dean is "damaged goods" after yet another Michael run-in.  Nick is 'damaged goods' sliding into 'batshit crazy'.  And I have no idea what Sam's choice is but it must be.... damaging.

6 hours ago, SueB said:

More pics here: https://stvplus.com/show/154/Supernatural#episodes Click the green 'picture' button.

Michael sure is smug in the picture with the wires on his head.  He's not remotely worried.

I suspect the boys get a 'win' on this but it's a battle, not the war.  Which is going to hang over Dean's head til this is resolved.  In S5 he was under pressure but he still had his Free Will.  IF they get Michael to leave, it'll be like having a Sword of Damacles over his head, knowing that he can be taken again at anytime.

IMO it's just a way to keep Dean from involved going forward, it's "too dangerous" because Michael could take him over.  That "breathing room" for other characters Dabb seems to think he needs to keep Dean as far away from the picture as possible to have.

It's still silly and disappointing to have Michael just get captured like that.  He's so powerful except he's not.

• Love 7

There's definitely a game of 'cat and mouse' going on here IMO. Our BEST insight into Michael was him talking to himself as he was waiting for the boys to show.  Michael seems to have a plan.  We just don't know what it is.  And he's so unruffled by his capture.  If anything, he seems eager to take on TFW in his head.  Maybe he wins, maybe he doesn't (based on next week's description, he doesn't), but he's not worried about it.  The body language and facial expression is interesting.

OiBtZIs.jpg 

I think Michael EXPECTED this move.  

I wonder if it's because these three (Sam, Dean & Cas) defeated OUR Michael and Lucifer.  Or because he's seen their interaction w/ Chuck via Dean's head.  Perhaps he finds them interesting and simply wants to see WHY they keep winning against beings way outside their weight-class.  Michael moved by his instincts in the AU.  Everything was a power move - slash and burn.  And yet he couldn't wipe out the last resistance.  So, he's definitely trying something new.  And he's definitely picked the right target to explore - TFW 2.0.  By removing the egg and spear, he's taken the only serious game pieces off the table.  So, if they (TFW) can't kill him (Michael), then he (Michael) is just toying with them (TFW).

The big mystery this year is that WE can't figure out what Michael's game is.  It's almost a meta Big Bad.   

• Love 2
9 hours ago, SueB said:

There's definitely a game of 'cat and mouse' going on here IMO. Our BEST insight into Michael was him talking to himself as he was waiting for the boys to show.  Michael seems to have a plan.  We just don't know what it is.  And he's so unruffled by his capture.  If anything, he seems eager to take on TFW in his head.  Maybe he wins, maybe he doesn't (based on next week's description, he doesn't), but he's not worried about it.  The body language and facial expression is interesting.

OiBtZIs.jpg 

I think Michael EXPECTED this move.  

I wonder if it's because these three (Sam, Dean & Cas) defeated OUR Michael and Lucifer.  Or because he's seen their interaction w/ Chuck via Dean's head.  Perhaps he finds them interesting and simply wants to see WHY they keep winning against beings way outside their weight-class.  Michael moved by his instincts in the AU.  Everything was a power move - slash and burn.  And yet he couldn't wipe out the last resistance.  So, he's definitely trying something new.  And he's definitely picked the right target to explore - TFW 2.0.  By removing the egg and spear, he's taken the only serious game pieces off the table.  So, if they (TFW) can't kill him (Michael), then he (Michael) is just toying with them (TFW).

The big mystery this year is that WE can't figure out what Michael's game is.  It's almost a meta Big Bad.   

See, that's one of the things I've been thinking.  That Micheal has been angling to be caught and get on the inside, as it were, of the bunker, and the guys.  I don't know if it's where things are going,  but I can hope, right?  I mean, he's not completely won in the AU, maybe after perusing Dean's head he wants to get in the bunker and see if there's something there he can use to further his cause in the AU.  He can get back, he's got the archangel grace which is the only thing our guys have been missing.  And after his explanation about Dean squirming all over the place why would he want to ride that vessel back home?  So, he tries out another here, the werewolf woman who seems to work out pretty well, I mean, she wasn't peeling apart like Nick did originally, or Vince Vicente, with Luci.  Anyway, just a possible -- however unlikely -- ulterior motive.  After all, the overconfidence might not be on Micheal's part.  He might be letting TFW get overconfident, ya know?  ;)

Anyway, I usually see that glass as 'still drinking' and wait to see what happens. (The half empty/half full one.  ;)   )

Cheers!

• Love 3
On 07/01/2019 at 11:55 PM, devlin said:

I don’t care what the story is as long as I have that man looking like that on my screen for 43 mins! Yes, I  am that shallow!!!!

If that guy was on screen for even 30 minutes every episode I'd still be watching.

Problem these days is that he gets 10 minutes IF we're lucky.

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

So who is getting drowned in the tub? 

Puzzled as to when this Michael Dean fight takes place. 

I think the pounding door is another bait and switch. Probably Nickifer banging away.

Is that Cas’ VO asking Michael why he wants to burn the world? 

Whoever the next main villain is, I hope the writers will try to give it some kind of believable motivation.

"Because I can" doesn't really cut it for me. Some nuance would be nice.

Take Jensen out of the equation and tell me what's left of Michael as a character.

Anyway, seems like there are going to be more fight scenes. Maybe one of the directors can pick up the slack and deliver some entertainment on that front.

• Love 2

Hmmm, I've watched this one a few times, and I think the pounded door is in the bar.  Looks like a door to a walk-in cooler.  I'm betting it's Dean back there "on ice".  lol  Anyone wanna start a pool on who's back there?

Other reactions:

No, no, please, no more Nickifer.  It's tired! (And seriously, he's not scary anymore.  Just annoying because he's been the same whiney assbutt since season 4.)

Why is Mary shooting pumpkins?

Whose bones are those?  And who is the guy opening the closet for that skeleton?

Whose head is in the locker?  (Please let it be Nick's!  I know it's not, but as long as my bias is showing I'm gonna take it all the way!)

Anyway, 2 more days and we'll have some answers.  Here's hoping at least a few of them are good.

• Love 2

Wait, are you telling me they only released this 2 days before the episode airs?  I'm sorry, but that is some bad PR. Like why not a week ago? 

3 hours ago, S Cook Productions said:

Is that Cas’ VO asking Michael why he wants to burn the world? 

Yes. 

I think the fight with Michael!Dean and Sam and Cas is in Dean's headspace during that mind walk

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I'm going with it being John in the ice chest and I think it will be John with his head on the bar now that we know John is returning.

I thought John was going to be in the 300th episode - "Lebanon" isn't it?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Cambion said:

I thought John was going to be in the 300th episode - "Lebanon" isn't it?

Yes. And I think they put these together from 4 or 5 eps, which is why I included John which I think is ep 13

• Love 1

I am seriously getting worried about jared’s health, with all the heavy breathing and gasping he does whenever he is engaged in any type of physical activity 

Edited by devlin
  • Love 1

I tried to slow it down and place individual scenes. Obviously, quite a bit from episode 10.

Still we have Michael going with the hand-to-hand. Granted, it is in Dean`s mind but if Michael is there and in "control", he should also be able to control the scenario so much that he can use powers there. There are all just manifestations of physical beings inside Dean`s mind so if they can fight, they, in this case Michael, can use freaking powers. At least he is dominating the fight. Unless with the Wayward brat. 

There are lots of monsters invading the bunker. Also IMO from episode 10. Someone is fighting them though I don`t know who. Sam and Jack are otherwise engaged, Dean obviously not which would leave Jack. Not a hand-to-hand fighter and the person looks taller and heavier.

Dean cutting off a vampire/werewolf head which looks like the bar setting. Not sure what that is about. Why would he do that inside his own mind? Or it`s just some other bar and some other episode. 

Nickier stuff, sigh. He seems to be dunking some women underwater in the bathtub.   

There is obviously that theme with the door where the look is wedged shut with a screwdriver which isthe main thing in the promo. Either that is just randomely from an episode and they cut it together to build suspense or it is supposed to be meaningful for "someone is coming". In which case we have John or Lucifer. As a dark horse Dean inside his own mind but I think he is already the bar tender AND the person slumped on the bar so "real Dean" being stuck behind some door and breaking free would be heavy handed as a visual metaphor and kind of redundant in this scenario. 

Mary. Whatever. 

Some random shots that could be nothing and anything.   

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

here is obviously that theme with the door where the look is wedged shut with a screwdriver which isthe main thing in the promo.

Since this promo seems to be multiple episodes, I think it has nothing to do with what's going on in Dean's head.  It's probably part of Sam's "impossible choice"  We see Sam crying and looking haggard, so I'm guessing the choice we be more than just debating whether to kill Nick

• Love 1

Since this promo seems to be multiple episodes, I think it has nothing to do with what's going on in Dean's head.  It's probably part of Sam's "impossible choice"  We see Sam crying and looking haggard, so I'm guessing the choice we be more than just debating whether to kill Nick

I don`t think the door is in Dean`s head either. Though I do not believe it is about Sam`s choice either really. Right now my money is on it being about Lucifer coming back. Which at the moment would be tied to Nick. Nickifer in all its incarnations is the one thing Bucklemming care about so if Lucifer is back, it will be mostly about Mark Pellegrino. 

Now Sam would likely cry and looking haggard about Lucifer being back. But I believe his choice won`t be to let Lucifer back somehow. That will be Nick through more shenanigans.

Since the picture for episode 12 showed Cas in a doctor`s coat with a guest star also playing a doctor and it supposedly has that scene with Dean in a bad place physically, I wonder if it`s him in the hospital? I know he looked fine in the pic but who knows. He seems to be out of commission in the C plot in episode 11 so maybe Michael does something to him that physically affects him with a worsening condition. Too much repeat from the Jack stuff and too soon? Never stopped them.  

• Love 2